PDA

View Full Version : The Clippers...becoming relevent like the Marlins in 2012

Il Mago50
12-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Sorry for the title but had to grab attention somehow.

So as everyone knows, the chase for Dwight and CP3 is hitting it's highest gear and with that, one team keeps jumping at me...the Clippers...

If they manage to pry CP3 from the hornets for jordan, 2012 top 5 pick (min), aminu, and bledsoe, they could potentially floor this line-up:

Kaman
Griffin
FA
Gordon
Paul

with undervalued draftees like trey thompkins in the fold. I know that the league is ultra competitive but we've seen cp3 do a lot more with a lot less talent in his haydays in NO.

If they manage to get him, what's the potential ceiling for this team? Playoffs? Pretender? Contender?

ManRam
12-07-2011, 12:09 AM
They haven't done anything yet...

But yes, it seems as if Sterling isn't ****ing things up this time. I guess you get lucky once over 30 years and start getting the team heading the right way. But let's not be too eager to crown them.

Lucky.
12-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah, And the Warriors could have A lineup of..

Paul
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Chandler

Which is better? I'm leaning towards Clippers..

Wade>You
12-07-2011, 12:23 AM
The Clippers reputation will prevent any great player from trusting their legacy with them.

DoMeFavors
12-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Marlins will still only have 1,000 people go to their games.

don'tfireNedCo
12-07-2011, 12:33 AM
with or without the CP3 trade talk, clippers are increasingly becoming relevant anyhow.
EJ is already a top 5 SG at age 23. griffin already made allstars in his first active year at age 22. the minny's pick we have will be top 10 at worst, bring in another piece in stacked 2012 draft. with new CBA we have a great chance of retaining griffin's service for a very long time and as we speak EJ's agent is in negotiations with clippers FO for a long term contract. as long as we hold on to EJ and griffin we are gonna be making some noise this year and we will only get better, despite donald sterling.

Bang Bros89
12-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Marlins will still only have 1,000 people go to their games.

Its a new stadium, they are gonna draw much more. Dolphin Stadium is far as ****. The new stadium is much closer to Miami civilization

OA SLAY
12-07-2011, 12:39 AM
no way they get either player without giving up Gordon.
And come on this is the Clippers youre talking about.

OA SLAY
12-07-2011, 12:42 AM
they need to get rid of MoWilliams before they can do anything productive/

knicks=love
12-07-2011, 12:44 AM
They haven't done anything yet...

But yes, it seems as if Sterling isn't ****ing things up this time. I guess you get lucky once over 30 years and start getting the team heading the right way. But let's not be too eager to crown them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAN9ORwsiVA

Chronz
12-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Wouldve been great to have still have Baron so we could amnesty him

don'tfireNedCo
12-07-2011, 12:58 AM

you have no idea what you are talking about. the clippers have been trying to actually win for the last 10 years, going through 3 GMs in the process.

the old clippers FO your "reputation" based opinion is talking about died once elgin was fired. if donald sterling still only cared about revenue sharing as he once did for 2 decades, there is no reason to fire elgin baylor who was on payroll for $400,000 and hire MDsr for 8 digit contract then fire him for lack of productivity.

don'tfireNedCo
12-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Wouldve been great to have still have Baron so we could amnesty him

ahhhh.... as much as i know DTS has changed his ways and wants to win to build some kind of love from LA before he croaks, but there still is no way he would pay someone that much money to play for someone else. but i get your point.

kylem4711
12-07-2011, 01:41 AM

the "come on its the clippers" ref is pretty much only being used by people, most likely kids, that are too dumb to say anything else.

Twista
12-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Clippers are a potentially great young up and coming team. In a few years I see them being like a Thunder or Bulls type team, young and dangerous. I think they should keep Eric Gordon and Blake.

Wade>You
12-07-2011, 01:49 AM
Its a new stadium, they are gonna draw much more. Dolphin Stadium is far as ****. The new stadium is much closer to Miami civilizationHe's trolling dude, don't worry about it.

beliges
12-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Clippers became relevant again when Blake Griffin started playing for them. What a tremendous player. For me, the most exciting player in the league right now. Its very rare we get to watch a player we know is destined for greatness right before he discovers his true potential.

OA SLAY
12-07-2011, 02:16 AM
the "come on its the clippers" ref is pretty much only being used by people, most likely kids, that are too dumb to say anything else.
Great post!
And judging by your grammar im probably older than u.
Dont worry SON after another 15years of Clippers mediocrity you might wisen up.
Altho you do seem to be a lost cause.:eyebrow:

Chronz
12-07-2011, 02:29 AM
ahhhh.... as much as i know DTS has changed his ways and wants to win to build some kind of love from LA before he croaks, but there still is no way he would pay someone that much money to play for someone else. but i get your point.
Well the bidding may take a small chunk of that out of the equation, and I think he would have. Having Mo right now is whats killing our chances of signing 2 big name players outright. You dont think he stands to gain a profit from having a super team in LA? I think it would cover the losses

numba1CHANGsta
12-07-2011, 02:45 AM
You put CP3 with Blake and you got yourself Nash/Amare 2.0 which is a pretty good team

AllBall
12-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Except the Marlins are actually making moves and signing people

Got AWAY from sharing a stadium

Have a new stadium that isn't in f'ing bum fawk egypt anymore

And have 2 word series titles within the past 14 years.

kylem4711
12-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Great post!

If you call someone out on their grammar, the least you can do is put together a couple good sentences. starting a sentence with and, you might wisen up? haha

amateurs....

mttwlsn16
12-07-2011, 10:52 AM
no way they get either player without giving up Gordon. And come on this is the Clippers youre talking about.

um.

whatever, your sig is fkn hot

arlubas
12-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Great post!
I'm glad you're staying consistent with your posting habits.

Back on topic, I am really excited to see how all this CP3 thing goes. If he does eventually end up with us it makes our team so much better. Just to know you have a guy who can run a team like few others can in the L right now, plus teaming him up with a stud like Blake, it's gonna upgrade our team that much more. If we could somehow get him without sacrificing EG in the process that would be out of this world. Imagine a core of CP3, EG and BG, basically all top5 guys at their position right now. Damn.