PDA

View Full Version : Warriors make a formal offer to Hornets for Paul

Monta is beast
12-06-2011, 11:15 PM
The Hornets have narrowed down their list of possible trade partners for Chris Paul to the Clippers, Warriors and Celtics, according to sources.

The Lakers, Mavericks and Rockets are also pushing for a trade, but are on the second tier.

According to sources, Golden State is offering Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Ekpe Udoh. The team would also amnesty Andris Biedrins in order to create cap space to reunite Paul with Tyson Chandler.

Monta is beast
12-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Wow ownership is going all in with this one. Im shocked right now, utterly shocked!

sf-fanatic
12-06-2011, 11:22 PM
At least we are active and doing this to IMPROVE our team unlike the giants...

djeller1139
12-06-2011, 11:25 PM
This is a bold move, so you have to respect it. We've called for it for so long. I will cry when we trade Curry though.

MackShock
12-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Wow ownership is going all in with this one. Im shocked right now, utterly shocked!

shocked? :)

MackShock
12-06-2011, 11:27 PM
did you really need to start a new thread for this?

Kdirt
12-06-2011, 11:30 PM

NBA_Starter
12-06-2011, 11:31 PM
That'd be a sick fit

jrm2054
12-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Stupid move by GS I would be all over it if I was NO

Monta is beast
12-06-2011, 11:33 PM
did you really need to start a new thread for this?

Dude this is huge. This is a make or break, this is the big enchilada.

MackShock
12-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Dude this is huge. This is a make or break, this is the big enchilada.

no man..its the grande burrito..

Monta is beast
12-06-2011, 11:37 PM
no man..its the grande burrito..

Exactly lol! Man im in disbelief right now lol.

Kdirt
12-06-2011, 11:42 PM
So this trade or any other could happen as soon as tomorrow, right? I can see a Paul trade happening by the end of the week considering the amount of steam behind it right now.

Our offer looks to be among the best and offers with the most player potential. I cant see NO getting much better. Paul could be ours.

MackShock
12-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Exactly lol! Man im in disbelief right now lol.

you might even say, you're Shocked.

likemystylez
12-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Stupid move by GS I would be all over it if I was NO

this is amove that would turn a franchise around. Ironically, all ive heard the last 2 years is that curry and ellis are too small to be in the back court... LOl this trade would make our back court even smaller.

MackShock
12-06-2011, 11:45 PM
this is amove that would turn a franchise around. Ironically, all ive heard the last 2 years is that curry and ellis are too small to be in the back court... LOl this trade would make our back court even smaller.

But it will make our backcourt better. Paul is the more complete player at this point in his career, and a much better defensive stopper.

Monta is beast
12-06-2011, 11:45 PM
you might even say, you're Shocked.

I'm mackshocked

MackShock
12-06-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm mackshocked

haha..no homo right?

im excited too man..go Dubs

robbnen#31
12-06-2011, 11:49 PM
I just bought a Curry jersey last year...

Kdirt
12-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Paul and Ellis were already tops in the league in steals, now were really gonna swipe the ball.

Paul and Chandler instantly make us a contender due to their defensive prowess. With Mark Jackson being defensive minded this is a match made in heaven. Just have to get D Lee and Ellis on board.

likemystylez
12-06-2011, 11:52 PM
So this trade or any other could happen as soon as tomorrow, right? I can see a Paul trade happening by the end of the week considering the amount of steam behind it right now.

Our offer looks to be among the best and offers with the most player potential. I cant see NO getting much better. Paul could be ours.

I think it starts friday. atleast free agency does, and I would assume that would impact the trade because chandler signing here is the what paul wants to see before he considers extension.

Kdirt
12-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Paul would reportedly prefer the Clippers over the Warriors because of the chance of being paired with Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon.

likemystylez
12-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Paul and Ellis were already tops in the league in steals, now were really gonna swipe the ball.

Paul and Chandler instantly make us a contender due to their defensive prowess. With Mark Jackson being defensive minded this is a match made in heaven. Just have to get D Lee and Ellis on board.

ehhh, curry was a pretty good ball hawk too. LOL I think a few years ago all 3 of them were in the top 5 in the league.... LMAO im talking about curry in the past tense... easy there tiger

warriors10
can u post the source of this bcs i cant find it anywhere?

i really hope this happens

pg-cp3
sg-ellis
sf-wright
pf-lee
c-chandler

That starting lineup is complete and this would be championship contender with some added bench players.

Monta is beast
haha..no homo right?

im excited too man..go Dubs

Yeah no homo lol.

likemystylez
12-06-2011, 11:56 PM

interesting but what do the clippers have that NO wants instead of curry?

likemystylez
12-06-2011, 11:57 PM
can u post the source of this bcs i cant find it anywhere?

i really hope this happens

pg-cp3
sg-ellissf-wright
pf-lee
c-chandler

That starting lineup is complete and this would be championship contender with some added bench players.

I thought people were saying that there is no way a small back court could compete in this league

warriors10
12-06-2011, 11:58 PM
interesting but what do the clippers have that NO wants instead of curry?

they want deandre and gordon....but looking in 2-3 yrs curry will be a way better player that either one of them

robbnen#31
I thought people were saying that there is no way a small back court could compete in this league

For me it involves with how they are defensively. Chris Paul is a pretty good defender, while Curry and Ellis are awful.

MackShock
well clips obviously arent giving up blake..and they said gordon is off limits..so they have no one to trade

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Paul is a pretty good defender.

Kdirt
12-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Many reports indicate our offer is a top of the Hornets list. It seems to be a matter of time at this point. Clearly we land Chandler if Paul comes here. Im sure Paul and Chandler are in contact with one another.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Many reports indicate our offer is a top of the Hornets list. It seems to be a matter of time at this point. Clearly we land Chandler if Paul comes here. Im sure Paul and Chandler are in contact with one another.

Im in love with Lacob right now.

MackShock
12-07-2011, 12:12 AM

Trudattt..

NBA forum indicates Orlando wants Monta..maybe we can trade for a legit taller 2 guard, possibly Dwight?? we wouldnt need Chandler though. Or Chandler PF, TWIN TOWERS!!

MackShock
12-07-2011, 12:13 AM

lol..yes homo

MackShock
12-07-2011, 12:14 AM
So does this mean Larry Riley's "same roster" comment was a smoke screen?

Lloyd Christmas
12-07-2011, 12:15 AM
I really don't want to get my hopes up

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Trudattt..

NBA forum indicates Orlando wants Monta..maybe we can trade for a legit taller 2 guard, possibly Dwight?? we wouldnt need Chandler though. Or Chandler PF, TWIN TOWERS!!

Trade Ellis for Afflalo and a first round pick?

Paul-Lin
Afflalo-Williams
Wright-Thorton
Lee-Amundson
Chandler-Tyler.

MackShock
12-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Gotta give credit to the front office. They're serious about turning the Bay Area upside down. It seems they are very active in trade talks as well as free agent talks.

FIRE RILEY IMMEDIATELY.

MackShock
12-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Trade Ellis for Afflalo and a first round pick?

Paul-Lin
Afflalo-Williams
Wright-Thorton
Lee-Amundson
Chandler-Tyler.

Afflalo + Pick salary will equal Monta's contract?

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 12:18 AM

OR todays waive of tweets is a smoke screen. If we end up signing Melvin Ely and shawn williams while keeping and starting beidrins it will be a let down

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 12:19 AM

lets wait for lacob to actually pull this off though

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Afflalo + Pick salary will equal Monta's contract?

Depending on what he gets in free agency.

MackShock
haha...well we seem closer than ever

Monta is beast
lets wait for lacob to actually pull this off though

Yeah cant get ahead of ourselves.

robbnen#31
12-07-2011, 12:21 AM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19928152&postcount=3

MackShock
12-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Also, we have Mike Malone, former assistant coach in New Orleans who Paul may or may not have had a good relationship with, but familiar face nonetheless. Chandler too I believe

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Also, we have Mike Malone, former assistant coach in New Orleans who Paul may or may not have had a good relationship with, but familiar face nonetheless. Chandler too I believe

True.

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 12:24 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19928152&postcount=3

the trade hasnt gone through yet, all im hearing is tweets... nothing even close to a sure thing. These tweets arent like chandler saying Im gonna sign with the warriors or curry saying I wonder how the fans are in New orleans?

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 12:25 AM
the trade hasnt gone through yet, all im hearing is tweets... nothing even close to a sure thing. These tweets arent like chandler saying Im gonna sign with the warriors or curry saying I wonder how the fans are in New orleans?

What tweets are you hearing?

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 12:26 AM
http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2011/12/06/steph-curry-responds-to-chris-paul-trade-rumors/?gta=commentlistpos#commentlistpos

SugeKnight
12-07-2011, 12:27 AM
I don't like this if we get chandler. We're already going all in w/ Paul and if we get chandler it would be a cop out. Go for dwight too! Biedrins can stay one more year, especially if he can get back to form like coach Jackson says.

Too excited

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 12:28 AM
What tweets are you hearing?

same ones that are being posted.... nothing that set in stone.

just saying warriors appear to be front runners for paul, chandler best fit for warriors etc.

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 12:30 AM
I don't like this if we get chandler. We're already going all in w/ Paul and if we get chandler it would be a cop out. Go for dwight too! Biedrins can stay one more year, especially if he can get back to form like coach Jackson says.

Too excited

yeah, the problem is- if we dont get howard, its a gaurentee that paul leaves too. what if we offer chandler for howard in a package at mid season?... that way we assure ourselves one or the other? rather than a large chance at neither chandler dwight or paul

MackShock
12-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Well...its devastating to know Paul wants to eventually go to New York.

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Well...its devastating to know Paul wants to eventually go to New York.

well thats fine but if he leaves here to ny its gonna be in exchange for melo

MackShock
12-07-2011, 12:45 AM
well thats fine but if he leaves here to ny its gonna be in exchange for melo

California dreamin' at it's finest.

bryan_22221
12-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Even though I would like to see Paul in a Warriors uniform, why would we even consider giving up that much for a guy who will most likely not sign an extension? Theres no way Dwight Howard is going to come to the Bay Area so why would Paul want to play here? Having Ellis, D. Lee, amd Chandler here is not enough to get Paul to sign an extension

steveweve
12-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Man I'm pumped with this new ownership, really showing they'll do anything to turn this franchise around and into a contending team. It's nerve wracking knowing that we're trying curry and some other talented young players away for someone who doesnt 100% want to be here.

MackShock
12-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Chandler can convince Paul to stay. Also, Paul will know the playbook because of assistant coach Mike Malone, former assistant coach in New Orleans..Paul will get the love in the Bay..will he stay? Who knows..but it sure beats standing pat

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 12:55 AM
chandler can convince paul to stay. Also, paul will know the playbook because of assistant coach mike malone, former assistant coach in new orleans..paul will get the love in the bay..will he stay? Who knows..but it sure beats standing pat

this!!!

sf-fanatic
12-07-2011, 01:00 AM
i love that we are active in the trade market. even if we dont get anything done at least we are trying to get better

MackShock
12-07-2011, 01:12 AM
this!!!

Glad we agree :)

GodsSon
12-07-2011, 01:15 AM
The Warriors are back...

robbnen#31
12-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Even though I would like to see Paul in a Warriors uniform, why would we even consider giving up that much for a guy who will most likely not sign an extension? Theres no way Dwight Howard is going to come to the Bay Area so why would Paul want to play here? Having Ellis, D. Lee, amd Chandler here is not enough to get Paul to sign an extension

I highly doubt we make this trade unless an extension is agreed upon with how highly this organization views Curry.

moshy2
12-07-2011, 02:40 AM
I want CP3 in a Warriors uni so bad, but it's not worth it in the long haul if he doesn't sign an extension.

MackShock
12-07-2011, 02:48 AM
The Warriors are back...

since Joe Smith

NorCalDC Fan15
12-07-2011, 02:55 AM
I hope this happens...but I also hope it doesn't stop there. From what I've heard Paul really wants to play in NY or play with dwight Howard. So if we do get Paul I hope we make a run at Howard eventually as well because I just don't know if without Howard here too that paul will sign an extension. Guess you never know until you try right? Go big or go home. Also if we make that trade what is our bench going to look like? Reggie Williams and al thorton are free agents also I believe so if we do all this and sign chandler will we have enough money under the tax to get a decent bench?

robbnen#31
12-07-2011, 02:58 AM
I hope this happens...but I also hope it doesn't stop there. From what I've heard Paul really wants to play in NY or play with dwight Howard. So if we do get Paul I hope we make a run at Howard eventually as well because I just don't know if without Howard here too that paul will sign an extension. Guess you never know until you try right? Go big or go home. Also if we make that trade what is our bench going to look like? Reggie Williams and al thorton are free agents also I believe so if we do all this and sign chandler will we have enough money under the tax to get a decent bench?

There has been no indication that the Warriors are among the teams that would trade for Paul without an extension being guaranteed. I believe the Celtics and Rockets were the only teams that would do that.

BlazeIlluminati
12-07-2011, 03:19 AM
I'd say do the trade hands down, go all in right now and take the risk. Paul could sign an extension no prob, and then in 2 years he could push his way out if he doesnt like whats going on in the bay, which would then lead to the Warriors gettin monster packages for Chris Paul.

But if he does like what we do, then we'd be set for a while (hopefully). Chandler, Lee, Wright, Ellis, and Paul is a real nice team. And if the small backcourt is the concern, get the Igoudala for Ellis trade done with the Sixers (which in my opinion, makes us a better all around team, but it would suck losing Ellis scoring ability, dude is jus exciting to watch).

Nonetheless, i say we risk it and do the trade if possible. Every sport is a gamble, and the warriors have been on the wrong side of that gamble for a long time by investing big in so so players, or not making a trade when they prob should have

MackShock
12-07-2011, 03:33 AM
Dude..well have 45 mill invested in 4 players..Paul 17-18, Chandler 15, Monta 10..

Lloyd Christmas
12-07-2011, 03:35 AM
If we get Paul then I think Iggy would be the wrong way to go. Iggy needs the ball in his hands to make plays and isn't the shooter we should pair with Paul. Monta can at least play off the ball and make outside shots. I'm all for trading Monta for a better defender, just as long as they can shoot the ball.

Jeff559
12-07-2011, 03:46 AM
are we allowed to trade thompson given our situation with owing a first rounder next year?

robbnen#31
12-07-2011, 03:49 AM
are we allowed to trade thompson given our situation with owing a first rounder next year?

Why not? He's a player that has already been selected in the draft and is apart of our roster. Not to mention, this trade rumor would have been shot down a long time ago if this was the case.

SugeKnight
12-07-2011, 04:00 AM

We can't go for chandler and dwight. It's one or the other, or *gulp* neither

MackShock
12-07-2011, 04:01 AM
I hear the Hornet's are very high on Thompson..so I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone in exchange for Paul.

Afflalo on the other hand is a great defender and three point shooter we could put next to Paul. However, Monta being gone to open up a spot for him may not convince Paul to stay

robbnen#31
12-07-2011, 05:00 AM
I hear the Hornet's are very high on Thompson..so I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone in exchange for Paul.

Afflalo on the other hand is a great defender and three point shooter we could put next to Paul. However, Monta being gone to open up a spot for him may not convince Paul to stay

Only if this trade happened and then the Monta for Gay rumor was real. Then Sign Chandler and Afflalo with the remaining 15 million after amnestying Biedrins.

Paul/Jenkins/Lin
Afflalo/Wright
Gay/Wright
Lee/Amundson
Chandler/Tyler

Leandres_sf
12-07-2011, 05:07 AM

This.

Most likely, this.

I really don't want to get my hopes up

And also, this.

BlazeIlluminati
12-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Dude..well have 45 mill invested in 4 players..Paul 17-18, Chandler 15, Monta 10..

Point Being? Some Teams have way more invested in 3 players than we do in 4. And its not like our current investments in 10 players is paying much dividends.

Sure, our bench wouldnt be the strongest this year, but in a year or two with draft picks and good bargain signings, that could change big time. Not to mention that we would have the full MLE to use on 2 players or 1 really good one.

And trust me, the Dubs prob wont stop there if the get Paul and Chandler. Chandler, Paul, and Ellis is a nice relatively young nucleus. You throw in Wright and you got your 3 pt shooter that can open things up. If Lee doesnt fit in well, u find someone that is willing to trade for him that has cap room that woulndt require us to take much money back (i.e NJ Nets went hard after him last year, offerin 72 mil i believe).

Point is, our Management is quite active. Having Malone, J. West and Bob Myers who really know a lot of the players around the league, and who the players in turn trust back looks like is really gonna pay dividends for us.

If we dont make the trade for Paul and still sign Chandler, thats still a great offseason for us. And Curry and K. Thompson im sure will make very nice additions to the team. However, you just CANT pass up trading for a Superstar like Paul if 1. He's good with coming here and 2. makes are management be even more aggresive in gettin certain key players to BUILD a championship team that Paul would be happy staying with.

BlazeIlluminati
12-07-2011, 05:11 AM
And as you can tell by my Jersey Logo, im a BIG Curry Fan. But even i know passing up Paul is dumb, even if it cost us Curry. The ONLY reason i can see us not doing the trade is if Paul makes it known that he would not sign an extension with us and would leave after the season. THEN, i fully understand that we should stand pat

SugeKnight
12-07-2011, 05:15 AM
I think lee would fit great with Paul. Lee has his rebounding and midranger, but people forget he is a real leader on the court and has heart. If it wasn't for Wilson chandlers dirty *** mouth he woulda won us a bunch of games last year.

MackShock
12-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Lee is underrated..but I think he's soft. Honestly though, he rarely plays D, but i'll give him credit for doing the dirty work.

MackShock
12-07-2011, 08:05 AM
http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2011/12/07/chris-paul-will-be-dealt-shortly/

A blog i read just now. Not sure on the credibility, but its good news..take it as you wish.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 08:07 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_chris_paul_hornets_offers_nba_120611

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 11:05 AM
hey guys- how real is this? I really dont want the warriors to turn around and end up with NOTHING come opening night.

MY gut is telling me to expect this thing to fall apart.

That would suck for 2 reasons, LOL if we dont get this done... then curry will be on the team and KNOW the front office was aggresively shopping him. As in- it appears as though these rumors have more substance than the ellis for Iggy rumors that were going around. The front office of the warriors is not going to the media and going out of their way to say they are not shopping curry like they did repeatedly with ellis.

I'm pretty sure that if curry is back at the starting point guard, this could create an under the surface problem that could have a snowball affect. If curry is on the team, you really want to keep him happy. If there is this much talk about trading him and "formal offers" being made... you had better quickly deny them OR make them a reality asap.

that said- Chris Paul without a gaurentee to re-sign is a scary thing too. Can guber and gubers connection provide him with the endorsement opportunities that he would likely recieve in NY or LA? Can the front office make any additional moves that would keep Paul believing in the warriors organization. BTW to have any chance at keeping Paul, the warriors would have to be a lock in the playoffs this year IM thinking like atleast 6th seed.

BKLYNpigeon
12-07-2011, 11:26 AM
i like lee, but he is not worth what we are paying him. He was a 5 year 8-10mil guy.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 11:30 AM
hey guys- how real is this? I really dont want the warriors to turn around and end up with NOTHING come opening night.

MY gut is telling me to expect this thing to fall apart.

That would suck for 2 reasons, LOL if we dont get this done... then curry will be on the team and KNOW the front office was aggresively shopping him. As in- it appears as though these rumors have more substance than the ellis for Iggy rumors that were going around. The front office of the warriors is not going to the media and going out of their way to say they are not shopping curry like they did repeatedly with ellis.

I'm pretty sure that if curry is back at the starting point guard, this could create an under the surface problem that could have a snowball affect. If curry is on the team, you really want to keep him happy. If there is this much talk about trading him and "formal offers" being made... you had better quickly deny them OR make them a reality asap.

that said- Chris Paul without a gaurentee to re-sign is a scary thing too. Can guber and gubers connection provide him with the endorsement opportunities that he would likely recieve in NY or LA? Can the front office make any additional moves that would keep Paul believing in the warriors organization. BTW to have any chance at keeping Paul, the warriors would have to be a lock in the playoffs this year IM thinking like atleast 6th seed.

Well like Steinmetz said, Curry is not going to re-sign with the Warriors if Ellis is still here. And his contract is up in two years.

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Well like Steinmetz said, Curry is not going to re-sign with the Warriors if Ellis is still here. And his contract is up in two years.

not sure if I believe that. I highly doubt curry would ever say something like that for Steinmetz to report. Also I thought the rift between those 2 was over, and wasnt it supposidly more ellis not likeing curry than the other way around?

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 11:44 AM
not sure if I believe that. I highly doubt curry would ever say something like that for Steinmetz to report. Also I thought the rift between those 2 was over, and wasnt it supposidly more ellis not likeing curry than the other way around?

Well I don't think it's far fetched. Why would Curry want to play with Ellis, when he can go somewhere and be the number one option?

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Well I don't think it's far fetched. Why would Curry want to play with Ellis, when he can go somewhere and be the number one option?

I dont know if curry is a number 1 option even if he is good enough to be. Atleast not on a very good team. Thats not to say that I think Ellis necesarly is either.

Currys game is not necesarly number 1 option material. He can definitely contribute at a high level, but he isnt phisically talented enough to be a go to guy for 48 minutes a night. Curry plays with his brains... in todays nba with freak athletes all over.

Scoots
12-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Very weak free agent class mixed with a very strong draft next year mixed with a team that is both very young and in their prime, I think I'm in favor of standing pat, making trades before the deadline to improve the long term future of the team (Send Ellis and Lee for expiring contracts and draft picks), pick up some top talent in the very deep draft AND have big money to offer the sweet free agents next year. If you are reacting you are losing ground in the NBA, you need to plan for a dynasty, you can't force it.

likemystylez
12-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Very weak free agent class mixed with a very strong draft next year mixed with a team that is both very young and in their prime, I think I'm in favor of standing pat, making trades before the deadline to improve the long term future of the team (Send Ellis and Lee for expiring contracts and draft picks), pick up some top talent in the very deep draft AND have big money to offer the sweet free agents next year. If you are reacting you are losing ground in the NBA, you need to plan for a dynasty, you can't force it.

I would argue the exact opposite. If you are serious about building a contender or dynast, you have to go out and make things happen and not sit back or "stand pat" in the hopes that you are going to knock it out of the park in the draft, or hope next years free agents will sign with you.

Boston didnt go from a 23 win team to a championship team in one season by sitting back and watching tony allan, Ryan Gomes and Rajon Rondo develop together. They saw an opportunity and they went at it. LOl and dont get me started on the Miami Heat.

Oklahoma did the build through the draft thing, but they were lucky in that they did not miss for like 4 straight years. Also, I personally think scott brooks is one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in basketball right now.

4 or 5 years back, If oklahoma had a chance to get players at the level of chris paul and chandler in the same off season and they had owners willing to pay the money....I think their roster might look different today.

I dont know if the paul and chandler thing will work out, but I do know that if I knew the team had a chance at them and they decided to not even try and stand pat....I would be dissapointed.

curtcocaine
12-07-2011, 12:40 PM
wat about paul coming and going hes not going to resign hes basiclly made it clear that hes going home

mavwar53
12-07-2011, 01:12 PM

it wouldn't matter we could match any offer

mavwar53
12-07-2011, 01:15 PM
wat about paul coming and going hes not going to resign hes basiclly made it clear that hes going home

Am I the only one that saw the tweet that if Paul got to play with chandler on the W's or the Clippers that he would really think about re-signing?

WestCoastSportz
12-07-2011, 01:24 PM
If this happens, I'd be surprised. I'm one of those guys that thought getting Paul was just a dream, but I'd still have some concerns.

1) Can they re-sign Chris Paul next Summer? This is the biggest question mark. There are just too many complicated factors that would be needed in order to make this happen. Factors that are beyond the control of the organization, such as, getting Tyson Chandler. The plan is that they'll amnesty Biedrins and use that money for Chandler and even then, Paul still isn't a guarantee to re-sign.

2) What if they don't get Chandler? Nothing is written in stone yet so any rumors are just rumors and speculative at best. Chandler is rumored to be wanting $12-$15M a year. Really? Thats a lot of money to pay a guy that isn't a polished player. What if they get Chandler but still can't re-sign Paul? Then they've just given away 3 of your future players for nothing. A pretty big gamble that can leave them worse that they already are next season.

3) Okay, they get Paul AND Chandler. What to do with Ellis? Ellis isn't going to take a backseat at this point of his career. He has one year left of guaranteed money and then a player option. He'll also be 27 years old. You can bet that he's going to be looking to have a career seasons to get even more money. He's not going to do that if he's not taking 25 shots a game and getting a ball dominant point guard in Paul will more than likely take away many of those shots. The bottom line, Ellis and Paul won't be able to exist together.

Scoots
12-07-2011, 01:31 PM
likemystylez, I said you can't be reacting, as in responding to other teams moves rather than planning your own moves and executing them in a plan rather than waiting to see what others do and then try to respond. The Warriors have to make changes to improve certainly, but they've already made huge changes this year and taking on $140M in contracts for Paul and Chandler may well leave them hamstrung for a long time. Did the Heat win the title? No, the Maverics did by developing a team over years. Just because it's happened before it doesn't mean that a big free agent spending spree is the way to win titles.

Lloyd Christmas
12-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Also throwing this out there. If we were able to trade Monta for either Gay or Iggy then we would have a 4 team USA players in our starting lineup. Maybe that would be enough to convince Paul to stay?

BlazeIlluminati
12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
likemystylez, I said you can't be reacting, as in responding to other teams moves rather than planning your own moves and executing them in a plan rather than waiting to see what others do and then try to respond. The Warriors have to make changes to improve certainly, but they've already made huge changes this year and taking on $140M in contracts for Paul and Chandler may well leave them hamstrung for a long time. Did the Heat win the title? No, the Maverics did by developing a team over years. Just because it's happened before it doesn't mean that a big free agent spending spree is the way to win titles.

The Mavericks did it by developing a team over years????? LOL. Dude, stop talkin bro. Jus stop, ur mind is rambling on and you have no clue what your talking about. The Mavericks won because they had the BETTER team, not the best 3 players on the court. They had a bench, and a great starting 5. and GUESS WHAT? Mark Cuban BOUGHT HIS TEAM lol. The only team with a higher payroll is the Lakers lol. Other than Nowitzki, Cuban got rid of 1/3 to 1/2 the damn team every year, and kept adding on the dollars and paying a HIGH luxury tax

Now im not hating on the Mavericks, because i'd love to have a Mark Cuban type of owner, which is i hope what Lacob will turn out to be

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Am I the only one that saw the tweet that if Paul got to play with chandler on the W's or the Clippers that he would really think about re-signing?

I've been telling everyone, I guess they didn't see the post?

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Also throwing this out there. If we were able to trade Monta for either Gay or Iggy then we would have a 4 team USA players in our starting lineup. Maybe that would be enough to convince Paul to stay?

I don't see any of those Ellis trades happening. We have been hearing them for over a year now, and absolutely nothing. A smart deal would be to trade Ellis for Afflalo and a first round pick. Afflalo gives us another defensive stopper, and a first round pick in a very deep draft, when the Nuggets will probably have a bad year.

ellisgw
12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
the warriors obviously would think they would have good chance signing paul, otherwise why would they waste time trade talks.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 02:17 PM
the warriors obviously would think they would have good chance signing paul, otherwise why would they waste time trade talks.

The Warriors obviously must think they are going to get Tyson Chandler.

4GiantWarrior9
12-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I am definitely all in for this trade..the lineup w/coach Jackson will put the Warriors back on the map!

Lloyd Christmas
12-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't see any of those Ellis trades happening. We have been hearing them for over a year now, and absolutely nothing. A smart deal would be to trade Ellis for Afflalo and a first round pick. Afflalo gives us another defensive stopper, and a first round pick in a very deep draft, when the Nuggets will probably have a bad year.

I would like to see what Monta and Paul could do together before I made that move.

4GiantWarrior9
12-07-2011, 02:27 PM
I would def spend my Christmas @ Oracle if this trade pulled thru

cali72888
12-07-2011, 02:56 PM
We need this trade to go down.

Paul
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Chandler

That is a very potent lineup for other teams to deal with.
Even though I do not think it will take us over the top it would easily be a 3-4 seed in the west, and possibly a team to make a deep playoff push.

Add in the fact we still would have Ellis and Lee to dangle at the trade deadline for Howard then were talking a possible dynasty in the making.

Jerry West knows what he is doing and any decisions this management makes I support 100% even if it means blowing this roster up.

cali72888
12-07-2011, 02:58 PM
If the Lakers cannot land any of the big time names, at the deadline I could easily see a trade of Ellis, Orton, and Bass to the Lakers, Bynum and Lee to the Magic, and Arenas and Howard to the Warriors.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 03:13 PM
If the Lakers cannot land any of the big time names, at the deadline I could easily see a trade of Ellis, Orton, and Bass to the Lakers, Bynum and Lee to the Magic, and Arenas and Howard to the Warriors.

No way that happens lol.

BrandoCommando
12-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Paul
Ellis
D. Wright
Lee
Chandler

How far can that team go? :drool:

4GiantWarrior9
12-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Add in the fact we still would have Ellis and Lee to dangle at the trade deadline for Howard then were talking a possible dynasty in the making.

Jerry West knows what he is doing and any decisions this management makes I support 100% even if it means blowing this roster up.

We dont need Howard, what are we gonna do w/2 solidified centers

dodgersuck
12-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I see Udoh and Thompson as role players in the future so I would be stoked if the Warriors landed Paul for that package. It would hurt to lose Curry but I think having Monta play the 2 with Paul dishing would be absolutely amazing. If we got Paul and some sort of presence at the 5 we would be a good seeded playoff team.

Paul
Monta
Wright
Lee
Chandler/Gasol/Nene

:drool:

Lake_Show2416
12-07-2011, 03:48 PM

wut r the chances the Lakers r involved in a Dwight Howard trade, where they don't get Dwight lol

Public Enemy #1
12-07-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm all for getting Paul. I think this organization needs to take this risk. The Warriors have been **** for far too long. Chris Paul is a game changer. He is the best point guard in the league. I still remember all those alley oops he hooked up to Ellis in the Rookie/Soph game a few years back. lol Paul and Chandler would change the culture of the Warriors as a franchise. I love Curry and think/believe he will be a great player, but the Warriors need to do this.

BrandoCommando
12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
What would our bench look like if we did this trade?

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 04:07 PM
What would our bench look like if we did this trade?

Jenkins-Lin
Williams
Thorton
Amundson
Tyler

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 04:09 PM
It sounds like the Warriors are going to end up signing Chandler first, and then there going to see what Paul says about it. They continue to say, they wont trade for Paul unless they can guarantee that he re-signs here long term. At least there making smart decisions.

robbnen#31
12-07-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm all for this trade, but the extension needs to be guaranteed. With what has been said about Paul's desire to play in New York combined with the toast at the wedding, I don't make this trade unless there is an extension in place with his name signed. This is the same scenario as the Carmelo Anthony drama last season between the Knicks and the Nets. The Nets would have been foolish to give up that much to get half a season of Carmelo.

I may be in the minority here, but if there isn't an extension in place, I would rather keep Curry, Thompson, and Udoh.

However, I haven't heard any indication by the Warriors that they are among the teams that would trade for Paul without an extension being in place.

robbnen#31
12-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Jenkins-Lin
Williams
Thorton
Amundson
Tyler

Williams and Thornton are Free Agents, well Reggie is restricted. If we bring in Paul and sign Chandler it will be difficult to sign these guys. Especially if we are supposedly looking at a player like Afflalo as well.

BrandoCommando
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Jenkins-Lin
Williams
Thorton
Amundson
Tyler

Eh, bench could use some work. Hope Thorton stays.

djeller1139
12-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Marc Stein of ESPN.com reports that the Hornets talks with the Warriors regarding Chris Paul are "definitely cooling" because of the Warriors' refusal to deal Stephen Curry.
This may not outright eliminate the Warriors from the CP3 equation, but it certainly sounds like they're becoming an unlikely suitor. Other teams that continue to be linked to Paul are the Celtics (and Rajon Rondo) and the Clippers (who could deal Eric Gordon).

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I guess the talks are "cooling down".

BrandoCommando
12-07-2011, 04:39 PM
This is gonna get weird.

robbnen#31
12-07-2011, 04:40 PM
My guess is that Paul is a Hornet for the remainder of this season. Not enough talent available via trade from the teams that he wants to go to.

I'm glad that our front office is active in making a big move like this, but if Paul doesn't want an extension here then we should move on to focus our attention on acquiring a center.

4GiantWarrior9
12-07-2011, 04:41 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball

why wouldnt the Warriors want CP3? am i missing something here? CP3>>>>>>>Steph Curry

BrandoCommando
12-07-2011, 04:41 PM
If we don't make the big trade for Paul, will we make any type of 'big' trade for anyone else?

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 04:46 PM
At least the front office and Lacob showed us that they are serious.

http://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

robbnen#31
12-07-2011, 04:48 PM
And with another major twist, Marcus Thompson is reporting the following:

One of the sources said Golden State is trying to get the Hornets to take Monta and pieces for CP3 instead of Curry. Not only can Curry play shooting guard because of his stroke, but he clearly has the most value and may help the Warriors make a serious play for Dwight Howard.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011/12/07/monta-for-cp3/

I'm loving Riley's thought process without being handcuffed by Cohan (although it could be Lacob).

Trade Monta + pieces for Paul
Trade Curry + something for Dwight

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 05:01 PM
'Source told me Warriors would take CP3 as a rental - if New Orleans takes Monta instead of Curry."

http://twitter.com/gswscribe

MackShock
12-07-2011, 05:13 PM
id keep curry and trade monta for paul

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 05:15 PM

Why would the Hornets do that though. It wouldn't make sense for a re-building team.

ESaady
12-07-2011, 05:53 PM
This is some crazy ****.

Leandres_sf
12-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Why would the Hornets do that though. It wouldn't make sense for a re-building team.

It would depend on how highly they thought of Klay...

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 06:03 PM
It would depend on how highly they thought of Klay...

I read that they though very highly of Thompson. But when they could get Rondo, Green, and two first rounders or Bledsoe, Aminu, Kamen, and Minnesota first round pick, it wouldn't make sense for them to take Ellis, Thompson, and Udoh.

Lloyd Christmas
12-07-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't think we are getting CP3.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I don't think we are getting CP3.

At this point either do I.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 06:20 PM
"Warriors guard Stephen Curry, the subject of numerous trade rumors linking him with the New Orleans Hornets, talked to the media after Wednesday’s workouts.

Here’s what Curry had to say about the reports linking him to a deal that would also involved Chris Paul.

Question: So the latest is you’re not going to New Orleans.

Curry: “Really? Sigh of relief for me. No, just playing. This is the time of year with big free agents and especially with the lockout and things condensed into a short period of time, it’s pretty much predictable there are going to be a lot of rumors going around.

“Just focused on being back here, being with my teammates. Being happy being a Warrior. I’m not really worried about everything that’s circulating outside of the gym.”

Question: What’s it like to be involved in these rumors?

Curry: “It’s weird. I get more phone calls and texts from friends and all that kind of stuff. They think I know more than what’s being reported. That’s just the funny part about it. I think I woke up this morning with seven text messages saying ‘Hornets, question mark.’ So I’m not really worried about it.

“I can just cast it off and when you come into the gym you don’t hear any of that stuff. Only if you want to read the articles and watch TV are you going to hear about it.

Question a couple of weeks back when Rajon Rondo’s name was out there, people in the organization reached out to him to tell him they weren’t trading him. Has anyone done that here?

Curry: I Talked to (general manager) Larry, (Riley) and talked to coach (Mark) Jackson about it. They told me pretty much the same thing: You’re safe and secure here. They want me here.

“Obviously , there’s the business of basketball and there are things that may happen with a GM having to make a decision for the best interest of the team. When you have a guy like Chris Paul, who is a franchise player, that’s something you really have to think about it with anybody on the roster. I understand that . I’m not going to be upset if they entertained that.

“It’s nice to be in the conversation with a guy like that. I know myself, I’d be part of a package, but that’s something that’s going to happen when you’re in this career, in this business, and you’ve got to run with it.”

Question: Have you talked to Chris Paul about this?

“No, we’re good friends. I saw him a lot over the summer and talked a little bit about what was going to happen once the lockout was lifted. But I know he’s swamped with things and trying to keep a level head. He’s making a move for himself so I’m not going to bombard him with questions. He’s not going to call Larry and say ‘Make the deal happen.’ What else can he do?"

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Stephen-Curry-addresses-trade-reports?blockID=607680&feedID=5882

dodgersuck
12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
If Paul would resign with us then including Steph should be a no brainer

bryan_22221
12-07-2011, 06:22 PM
To be completely honest with you, If we could land Chandler, I wouldnt mind having the team we have now. I think Curry and Ellis meshed pretty well together, when they finally both realized that Curry is at the point and Ellis is at the 2. I think Klay is going to be a great player off of the bench this year both at the 2 and the 3. Having a lineup of:
Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Chandler
is a good lineup. If we dont end up with Paul Im fine with it, I dont want to lose Curry or Ellis if Paul isnt going to sign a long term deal with us. He wants to play with Howard and theres no way Howard comes to the Bay, when LA wants him.

Leandres_sf
12-07-2011, 06:26 PM
It would be disappointing to not get CP3, but it's not like I'm excited to give up Curry. Hopefully we sign a big either way.

BrandoCommando
12-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Get Chandler and some good role players and I'll be fine.

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Chandler

That starting 5 with a good bench is a top 5 team in the West imo.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Get Chandler and some good role players and I'll be fine.

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Chandler

That starting 5 with a good bench is a top 5 team in the West imo.

I would have to agree with you on that one. What I'm concerned about now is the fact that Curry knows that he was being shopped, and like Steinmetz said yesterday, Curry probably wont wanna re-sign if Ellis is still here when his contract runs up. We either gotta lock Curry up or ship him out by mid next year imo.

BrandoCommando
12-07-2011, 06:53 PM
I would have to agree with you on that one. What I'm concerned about now is the fact that Curry knows that he was being shopped, and like Steinmetz said yesterday, Curry probably wont wanna re-sign if Ellis is still here when his contract runs up. We either gotta lock Curry up or ship him out by mid next year imo.

That's true. So if anything we need to improve this team and trade Ellis for something valuable or hope Curry raises his value so we can trade him. Either way I don't see us keeping both Curry and Ellis on this team for the long run.

Leandres_sf
12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
If this CP3 trade doesn't go down, I think the Warriors will trade Monta before the trade deadline.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 07:02 PM
If this CP3 trade doesn't go down, I think the Warriors will trade Monta before the trade deadline.

They certainly need to. This team has some serious potential. Say we flip Ellis & Wright for Gay.

Curry-Jenkins
Thompson-Williams
Gay-Thorton
Lee-Amundson
Chandler-Udoh

And that seems like an even trade to me.

nolafan33
12-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Made this post in the NBA forum:

So, we are supposed to believe that the Clippers and Warriors have been spending hours on the phone these past few days with Dell Demps, exchanging offers/ideas, and then just recently realized, "Oh wait, he can't sign an extension until the summer. Pull our big pieces!"

So stupid. I just don't know how they continue to keep selling this to people. These GM's aren't morons, they know their stuff. This is likely just a smoke screen. Remember how Urban Meyer wasn't in talks with Ohio State? Or how the Celtics weren't interested in moving Rondo? Believe nothing you hear or read. It's posturing.

Just like the lockout, people spreading rumors making it look like the sky is falling just to put pressure on someone else.

also:

stevekylerNBA On Chris Paul and Warriors... this is the poker of making a trade... if Warriors want Chris Paul, Steph Curry goes to Hornets... or no deal

stevekylerNBA Remember right up until the Carmelo Anthony trade dropped, everyone with a pen swore the Knicks wouldn't part with all they parted with.

BrandoCommando
12-07-2011, 07:04 PM
They certainly need to. This team has some serious potential. Say we flip Ellis & Wright for Gay.

Curry-Jenkins
Thompson-Williams
Gay-Thorton
Lee-Amundson
Chandler-Udoh

And that seems like an even trade to me.

I'm down with that. I still want a better bench though.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 07:05 PM

also:

So are you saying that the talks are still going on or that the Hornets were just using us. Because the talks are obviously still going on, all the Warriors need to hear is that Paul would be willing to sign an extension with us, then it's a done deal. But until then, play it smart.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm down with that. I still want a better bench though.

We can address that in free agency and/or the draft.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Also I heard that Curry bulked up in his upper body and Lee lost 10-15 pounds during the lockout.

Lloyd Christmas
12-07-2011, 07:11 PM

also:

You're probably right. I still hope we make the deal but I don't think the chances are that high.

MackShock
12-07-2011, 07:11 PM

Would the curry udoh thompson salaries even match? Thats why i suggested monta

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Would the curry udoh thompson salaries even match? Thats why i suggested monta

The Warriors are 10 mill under the cap and they would take on an exta 7 mill.

nolafan33
12-07-2011, 07:19 PM
So are you saying that the talks are still going on or that the Hornets were just using us. Because the talks are obviously still going on, all the Warriors need to hear is that Paul would be willing to sign an extension with us, then it's a done deal. But until then, play it smart.

I'm saying I think this is a last final push for one team to get a better end of the deal before an actual deal is made.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm saying I think this is a last final push for one team to get a better end of the deal before an actual deal is made.

Yeah I agree with that. I hope for the sake of Warriors and Hornets fans this deal goes down. Either way best of luck to your team bro.

Lloyd Christmas
12-07-2011, 08:04 PM
yeah i agree with that. I hope for the sake of warriors and hornets fans this deal goes down. Either way best of luck to your team bro.

+1

Jrod2173
12-07-2011, 08:38 PM
First off, no extension signed NO trade. That shouldnt even be an option. Also, there is no way in hell I give up Curry, Thompson and Udoh for Paul. We have all the power. They HAVE to trade Paul, we dont HAVE to have him. Ide keep Thompson and limit it to Curry and one other person, preferably Biedrins but most likely Udoh. If they take on Beans contract i would probably be ok with sweetening the pot with Thompson. We shouldn't have to give up 3 players for Paul. We have the best piece to trade in Curry, they r desperate, there is no reason why we should cave.

MackShock
12-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Whats the Hornets cap like? We could slide Curry to shooting guard. However, I'm not so sure the Hornets are high on Monta like that.

NorCalDC Fan15
12-07-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm starting to think this trade is going to fall through. First supposedly the organization told curry he is safe and also marc stein reports that the warriors are reluctant to make the trade without an extension from Paul. Then I guess Chris brousarrd said that sources close to Chris Paul say if he is traded to the warriors he wouldn't sign an extension. No link to that as I guess it was on tv. But I didn't see it my dad told me so take it for what its worth lol. Either way I think I got my hopes up

Kdirt
12-07-2011, 09:35 PM
This could be a lot of things, but it could just be a posturing move by the LOGO. He pulls Curry for Monta. NO gets desperate and says we really want Curry, just give us Udoh and Curry + filler and you keep Klay.

Remember no other offer is close to ours and LAC are out unless they add Gordon which they dont want to.

COOLbeans
12-07-2011, 09:44 PM

I understand the meaning behind your comments only Dallas has not stood pat. First off they already have one of the players in the world in Dirk. And they also traded ppotential in Devin Harris for a proven PG in Kidd. They also made moves by trading for Chandler, carin Butler and Stevenson. Dallas is not a good example they are one of the most restless and active teams in my recent memory. Trading for Chris Paul would not be a mistake and if Chandler comes as well the warriors will be the winners of this offseason.

Jrod2173
12-07-2011, 09:47 PM
This could be a lot of things, but it could just be a posturing move by the LOGO. He pulls Curry for Monta. NO gets desperate and says we really want Curry, just give us Udoh and Curry + filler and you keep Klay.

Remember no other offer is close to ours and LAC are out unless they add Gordon which they dont want to.

This is what ive been trying to say. We are in the driver seat. Curry and Udoh and charlie bell should get it done. No reason why we should over spend for CP3 when they NEED to trade him. And without and extension there is no way you pull the trigger. Test free agency? With chandler he MIGHT re-sign? **** that. He'll run to NY or LA and we'll be screwed.

Monta is beast
12-07-2011, 09:54 PM
I still think we sign Chandler. He is are number one option and we have the money to sign him. He never said anything about Paul.

MackShock
12-07-2011, 09:56 PM
if we make the playoffs and hit at least round 2, hell re-sign

ninerrider80
12-07-2011, 10:27 PM
U dont take a chance with no extension period. Chandler is the #1 option and imo hell be signed, thats a great piece. Id do monta for a paul rental but not curry, thats not ” bold” its stupid.

Bayareaboy
12-07-2011, 11:26 PM
U dont take a chance with no extension period. Chandler is the #1 option and imo hell be signed, thats a great piece. Id do monta for a paul rental but not curry, thats not ” bold” its stupid.

So wait I'm not sure if I understand what ur saying. Ur saying Paul for curry is wrong if Paul walks. But Paul for Ellis and he walks u wouldn't mind? That's stupid and crazy.
Wts focus on chandler first then after him we can worry bout Paul. I'm excited to think if him as a warrior too but he ain't staying without at least chandler here.

Jrod2173
12-08-2011, 12:19 AM
So wait I'm not sure if I understand what ur saying. Ur saying Paul for curry is wrong if Paul walks. But Paul for Ellis and he walks u wouldn't mind? That's stupid and crazy.
Wts focus on chandler first then after him we can worry bout Paul. I'm excited to think if him as a warrior too but he ain't staying without at least chandler here.

????? Ur crazy bro. Monta has no where near the value Curry has. He is absolutely right, No CP3 extension no trade unless it for monta. At the very least we are relieved of Monta's contract if Cp3 walks. But if we trade curry and he walks what do we get out of that? And trust me, after we get Cp3, Curry will immediately be shopped around for another all star, primarily Dwight Howard seeing as how Jameer Nelson will be a UFA when Dwight is. Curry and Chandler for Dwight is a pretty solid offer.

Now i agree that Chandler needs to be the focus no matter what right now. He needs to be signed either way, Paul or not. But how we go about doing it depends on what develops in the Paul trade and who we amnesty.

ninerrider80
12-08-2011, 12:26 AM
????? Ur crazy bro. Monta has no where near the value Curry has. He is absolutely right, No CP3 extension no trade unless it for monta. At the very least we are relieved of Monta's contract if Cp3 walks. But if we trade curry and he walks what do we get out of that? And trust me, after we get Cp3, Curry will immediately be shopped around for another all star, primarily Dwight Howard seeing as how Jameer Nelson will be a UFA when Dwight is. Curry and Chandler for Dwight is a pretty solid offer.

Now i agree that Chandler needs to be the focus no matter what right now. He needs to be signed either way, Paul or not. But how we go about doing it depends on what develops in the Paul trade and who we amnesty.

Exactly where im coming from

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
"There were always some concerns in the Warriors HQ that Tyson Chandler has his sights set elsewhere, no matter what they bid.

That seems to have been borne out–various reports indicate that Chandler is set to sign a four-year deal with the NY Knicks whenever the Knicks can free up the cap room.

Now the question: Are the Warriors still in play as a landing spot for Chris Paul?

This morning I spoke to one NBA source who didn’t mention the Knicks, but said that the Warriors might be in a better position to get Paul in a trade with the Hornets than they were to get Chandler via free agency.

Interesting.

And another source told me just now that the Warriors were still going “all out” to land both Paul and one of the other free-agent centers, though we know “all out” is slightly revised, since it’s clear the GSWs aren’t offering Stephen Curry to the Hornets in Paul talks.

This is obviously an incredibly fluid situation…

But multiple outlets are reporting that the Lakers, Houston and the Hornets could fashion a three-team deal that would put Paul in LA, Pau Gasol in Houston and picks and players in New Orleans.

Boston is still a player for Chris Paul–Rajon Rondo and restricted free agent Jeff Green could be a package, according to Yahoo Sports.

If they won’t put Curry into the deal, the Warriors can’t beat the value of an offer of Gasol straight up… but the Hornets don’t want Gasol’s contract, which is why Houston is involved in that scenario.

What if New Orleans is OK with getting Monta Ellis (or can flip Ellis to someone else) and the Warriors can add Ekpe Udoh and maybe Klay Thompson to their NOH offer?

Does that beat what Boston can offer or what the Hornets would land in the Houston/LAL three-way?

It might. Depends on what the Hornets are looking for.

And if you’re the Warriors, you are far less worried about trading for Paul without him making a commitment to sign long-term at this point because:

* The GSWs aren’t putting Curry into the deal, so the long-term value risk is minimized.

Even if Paul walks as a free agent after 66 games, the Warriors still have a young point guard.

* By signing Chandler (however they manuever they way to do it), the Knicks will be eating up all the cap room they were saving for next season–when Paul can be a free agent.

So though there are still ways for the Knicks to get under the cap next summer, it will be A LOT tougher to do, and that means it narrows the possibilities for Paul.

The big threat was always that Paul would walk for nothing straight to the Knicks, where he wants to be. But now… It’s much harder.

* And the team that has Paul by the end of this week will have the chance to re-sign him for $26M more than any other bidding team (or to sign-and-trade him) next offseason.

That is a fairly healthy difference, especially if the Knicks are cap-strapped.

If the Warriors can get a center–DeAndre Jordan?–and put Paul next to Curry (or move Curry for a bigger wing), they might be good enough to help win over Paul.

Then it becomes a decision: Does Paul want to leave $24M on the table to leave as an outright free agent (most he can get is $74M) or does he get tempted by the $100M he could get from the Warriors… or whatever team has him before this season starts?

Worth thinking about. I believe the Warriors probably will lose out on Paul, as they lost out on Chandler.

But it is interesting to think they’re still involved with Paul after Chandler used them as leverage to get a deal from the Knicks, who are Paul’s first choice."

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/12/08/after-chandler-the-warriors-still-want-chris-paul-but-the-door-is-closing/

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Great point! The Knicks signing Chandler would really help us in retaining Paul at the end of the year.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Great point! The Knicks signing Chandler would really help us in retaining Paul at the end of the year.

The Warriors need to pull the trigger on the Curry, Thompson, and Udoh for Paul deal. If we can get Jordan we still have a great shot at being a top 4 seed in the Western Conference.

Jrod2173
12-08-2011, 07:40 PM
UPDATE: The corrected report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports says that Chris Paul is headed to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. All that means is that Andrew Bynum is still available to be dealt to Orlando as part of a potential deal to get Dwight Howard, so, you know, no big deal.

Chris Paul may be on his way to the Lakers in what will be a blockbuster deal sending Andrew Bynum to the big easy.

Here is the deal reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.

The Hornets are near a deal to send Chris Paul to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, league source tells Y! Sports.

That deal makes more sense for the Hornets if they send Emeka Okafor west to the Lakers as well, removing a big salary (and giving the Lakers a big to replace the two they are sending out). There may be smaller parts such as Trevor Ariza and others involved.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/report-chris-paul-to-lakers-for-andrew-bynum-deal-close/

Paul is gone and Howard is right behind him.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/report-knicks-about-to-land-tyson-chandler/

And so is Tyson Chandler.

Warriors get screwed again.

Warriorsforlife
12-08-2011, 07:53 PM
f'n lakers. warriors fkd again