PDA

View Full Version : Hornets in talks with BOS, LAC, warriors

iggypop123
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/144184213749514240

looks like they are fine with a rental

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/144185538017099776

if clips or warriors sign tyson chandler it could seal the deal of paul staying with those teams

xxplayerxx23
12-06-2011, 06:50 PM
There is going to be a new rumor everyday wake me up when he is on a new team and signs a contract

kylem4711
12-06-2011, 07:24 PM
chandler... thats weird

JEDean89
12-06-2011, 07:32 PM
why would GSW trade steph curry, their best trade piece and future all-star, for a player who will only be there 1 year?

MackShock
12-06-2011, 07:44 PM
why would GSW trade steph curry, their best trade piece and future all-star, for a player who will only be there 1 year?

Warriors are seriously trying to get Chandler..and if we do..we have a great chance of landing Paul.

jrm2054
12-06-2011, 07:48 PM
why do people think paul would resign in GS bc of chandler and curry or monta that team still isn't a contender he would leave for NY or LA still

ManRam
12-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Well, I'd imagine Paul would most rather go to LAC than the other two, and if the Clippers are really willing to give up Gordon like the latest buzz suggests, well, I'd imagine that's game over assuming NO does trade him. That's the best for both sides.

MackShock
12-06-2011, 07:54 PM
because of the twitter..

not saying we can keep Paul long term but if we have Chandler, and depending how we play, it's certainly possible.

MackShock
12-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Well, I'd imagine Paul would most rather go to LAC than the other two, and if the Clippers are really willing to give up Gordon like the latest buzz suggests, well, I'd imagine that's game over assuming NO does trade him. That's the best for both sides.

I heard Eric Gordon wouldnt be involved in trade discussions for Paul.

unleashthebeast
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM
paul-monta-wright-lee-chandler.

Wouldnt be bad, should definetely try to trade monta for more of a defensive guy, like iggy though

Greet
12-06-2011, 08:00 PM
paul-monta-wright-lee-chandler.

Wouldnt be bad, should definetely try to trade monta for more of a defensive guy, like iggy though

why would they do that....

allSUAVE
12-06-2011, 08:05 PM
He's not signing an extension with none of those teams.

And y'all mean to tell me that "Stephen curry" and "Eric Gordon"
Has more value then Billups fields Douglas and shump?

I guess You ain't worth **** when your on the Knicks I see LML

mavwar53
12-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Um yes, and this is obvious east coast bias, get it straight buddy, when you are on the west coast you get no pub, landry fields on the warriors last year would have been talked about by no one if he had the same stats.

allSUAVE
12-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Um yes

:laugh:

Chronz
12-06-2011, 08:22 PM

Not convinced

Bruno
12-06-2011, 08:31 PM
And y'all mean to tell me that "Stephen curry" and "Eric Gordon" Has more value then Billups fields Douglas and shump?

Totally. Billups is 35 years old man. NO is looking to rebuild or creep into the playoffs to fill the seats, what would they want a 35 year old PG for?

Bang Bros89
12-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I read the Clips offered Eric Gordon and Deandre Jordan. If they did, i think that's gameover for other teams

And yes Curry and Gordon have more value than Billups, Shump and Fields. And Toney. And anyone else the Knicks would trade. (I'm a Knick fan)

mavwar53
12-06-2011, 08:52 PM
is this part of the new CBA, I've seen it posted with DeAndre Jordan and Jeff Green, but previously a sign and trade couldn't involve a player that is signed along with a player that is on the team right? And now a team can do that?

kozelkid
12-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Please sign Chandler LAC. Make sense as a fit and that leaves one less team out their for Howard. In fact probably the team with the best resources to get Howard. :D

NYsFinest
12-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Curry and Gordon have WAYYYY more value than anything the Knicks have to offer, please don't think all Knick fans are that stupid... just when theres so many the bad apples stick out.

That being said, I just don't understand why Paul would force his way out of NO to go to a team like the Warriors. I though the hole point was to leave to a large market and/or play alongside superstars. He already played with Chandler and couldn't win anything, don't see how Chandler, Lee and Monta are that attractive.

On the other hand, the Clippers (if he is ok with playing in Laker land) do make sense. Large market and a real star (Blake) on the team. In the end, I think the Clippers make the most sense.

If CP3 to NY is not going to happen, I hope this trade happens quick so my team can focus on building depth and trying to win NOW and not "next year" like we have been hearing for a few years now.

Reversed86Curse
12-06-2011, 09:00 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::drunk:

dtmagnet
12-06-2011, 09:07 PM

Not sure if serious or ********.

DR_1
12-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I hope the Clippers get him.

nolafan33
12-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Hornets like the Warriors offer the most. Deal would be:

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Dorrell Wright
Ekpe Udoh
Louis Amundson

For

Chris Paul
Quincy Pondexter

nate2usmc
12-06-2011, 09:59 PM
wow warriors would get raped in this deal if cp3 don't sign the extension lol

Wes_Craven
12-06-2011, 10:00 PM

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Dorrell Wright
Ekpe Udoh
Louis Amundson

For

Chris Paul
Quincy Pondexter

Pretty bad deal, from a GSW perspective, for a rental. Would be very nice for the Hornets though.

I like Paul in LAC, trade involving EG is an automatic win for both sides , IMO, get it done NBA!

mavwar53
12-06-2011, 10:00 PM

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Dorrell Wright
Ekpe Udoh
Louis Amundson

For

Chris Paul
Quincy Pondexter

and this info is from where? Sounds like an ok deal but leaves the W's with no depth unless they could pull off another deal. For this trade to happen the W's gotta get something else back, they would have a starting lineup and Pondexter it seems haha.

samevans7
12-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Boston gave up a lot more than that deal, which is hilarious

GhostfaceDrilla
12-06-2011, 10:09 PM

Billups is 35 years old, Fields and Douglas are mere role players, and Shumpert is a low 1st round draft pick who wouldn't get playing time on about 20-25 rosters.

Stephen Curry and Eric Gordon are both young, emerging All Stars.

thenetslegend
12-06-2011, 10:12 PM
clippers are not trading gordon, sources say

BKLYNpigeon
12-06-2011, 10:18 PM
CP3 said that he would consider signing a extension if the Clippers or Warriors had Chandler. The Warriors may be viewed as a doormat franchise, but they are on the rise. they have new owners, new coach in Marc Jackson and Jerry West in the front office.

THE MTL
12-06-2011, 10:20 PM
If Clippers are fine with a rental of Paul by trading Gordon & Jordan then I assume a deal would get done. But I HIGHLY doubt it. I dnt see how any team could trade GOOD ASSETS for non-commitment from the player they are trading for.

And I also think that Paul-Griffin would be a nice duo however it doesnt scream championship.

Hoopsadvocate
12-06-2011, 10:20 PM

Has more value then Billups fields Douglas and shump?I guess You ain't worth **** when your on the Knicks I see LML

Yea anyone who isnt a knick fan can see that.

Young all stars only getting better for old all star past his prime and 2 role players and a rookie is better not to mention there are other things clipps could add like their own role players.

THE MTL
12-06-2011, 10:23 PM
CP3 said that he would consider signing a extension if the Clippers or Warriors had Chandler. The Warriors may be viewed as a doormat franchise, but they are on the rise. they have new owners, new coach in Marc Jackson and Jerry West in the front office.

If Clippers or Warriors sign Tyson Chandler and then trade for Paul, I think that might be enough to make him stay. Those would be some NICE teams and I can see a championship in the future.

Warriors
Paul
Monta (scorer)
Williams
Lee (ultimate P&R guy)
Chandler

Clippers
Paul
Williams (shooter)
Whoever
Griffin
Chandler

nystandup
12-06-2011, 10:25 PM
i think this has the possibility to play out like last year with Melo. Teams are willing to offer better packages than the Knicks but that still didnt do it because of Pauls representation knowing paul wants to go to the knicks. it really all comes down to whether paul is willing to sign the extension or if a team is willing to rent him for a year.

if those dont happen i think it leaves the hornets to have no choice but to deal with the knicks. thats the only way paul to the knicks happens. not saying i think its likely but i think the knicks will be in it to the end.

BKLYNpigeon
12-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Chandler and CP3 have been talking over the offseason.. its weird that he would want to play with chandler.

Chandler was at the 49ers game last Sunday. I think its a done deal.

Hoopsadvocate
12-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Clipps:

Chandler/ Kaman
Griffin/scrub
Buttler/Aminu
Foye/ FA
Cp3/Mo williams

is a good team maybe add another trade for bledsoe or fa signing at sg (not sure of there cap situation) and thats a contender out west

Bang Bros89
12-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Also: sources say Eric Gordon has not and will not be offered to NO for CP3. Minds change, as we know, but that's LAC's position right now.

-Ric Bucher