PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't the Knicks offering Amare for Dwight?

JordansBulls
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Why aren't the Knicks offering Amare for Dwight?

This seems like the most obvious deal to happen. And I would think Orlando would accept a deal like that as well. They keep Amare for another 4 seasons at that.
Also the Knicks would still have Melo and I'm not sure why Dwight would not want to go to that team when Melo is just as young and a star and they would still have pieces such as Fields and Billups for a few years.

The_Jamal
12-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Because the Magic shouldn't want to be stuck in late lottery hell for the next 5 years. Amare with the rest of the Magic supporting cast would be good for 34-40 wins a year in the east. I'd personally be looking for young cheap talent, picks, and someone to take Hedo's contract if it's a guarentee that the Magic are going to lose Howard. Adding an Amare or Pau Gasol doesn't make any sense for a team that should be looking to have a complete rebuild

RLundi
12-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Why isn't Dallas offering Dirk Nowitzki? Or Chicago Rose? Or the Clippers Blake Griffin?

Because they all value their player more.

nycericanguy
12-06-2011, 12:42 PM
From what I've read NY would do that deal in a heartbeat if ORL wants its.

Amare & Fields wouldn't be a bad deal IMO.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2011, 12:44 PM
What are you smoking JB?

Another terrible contract to magic...just awful

Cal827
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Two reasons:

As The_Jamal mentioned, Orlando probably doesn't want to be in the late lottery or mid teen picks. Same reason why I think they rather let him walk than send him to teams that would put them in the same situation (LA with Bynum and Gasol, Chicago with Noah and Deng/Boozer)

Two, if Amar'e gets badly hurt again, they would be rebuilding, but I don't think they want to pay him 20 million per year to sit on the bench and do nothing.

Jetsguy
12-06-2011, 12:56 PM
I am sure NY would ultimately do it but they would be keeping it absolute top secret as Amare single handedly brought the Knicks back from the hell of the last decade.

He means a ton to this team and its fanbase

JordansBulls
12-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Why isn't Dallas offering Dirk Nowitzki? Or Chicago Rose? Or the Clippers Blake Griffin?

The Knicks still have another star in Melo. Why wouldn't Dwight want to play with Melo who is as young as he is?

RLundi
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
The Knicks still have another star in Melo. Why wouldn't Dwight want to play with Melo who is as young as he is?

Dwight has already gone on record saying he doesn't wish to play in New York.

But anyway, it's not about Dwight. Don't you think the Knicks would offer Stoudemire if they were interested or thought the Magic were interested?

LongIslandIcedZ
12-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm sure at the end of the day the Knicks would do it. But I dont think they'll offer it, they will accept it if Orlando offers it but otherwise I doubt it. Even though Amar'e seemed to just be going for the most money possible, he did a lot for the Knicks and re-energized the whole city from a basketball perspective. The Knicks are being loyal to the man who played an intregal part in bringing basketball back to New York

ThePooH_1_
12-06-2011, 01:14 PM
lol this trade makes no sense at all.. Why would Orlando accept this deal if they can get much better packages? :confused: I mean yes they can offer Amare, but this trade never gonna happen :) .

nycericanguy
12-06-2011, 01:18 PM

But anyway, it's not about Dwight. Don't you think the Knicks would offer Stoudemire if they were interested or thought the Magic were interested?

now that I have not heard, last I heard Dwight was reportedly open to playing in NY. Do you have a link?

29$JerZ
12-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Simple
If it was really that simple and the Magic were dumb enough to take it Dwight would be a Knick right now.

NYYCowboys
12-06-2011, 01:24 PM

Made up

JasonJohnHorn
12-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I'd be willing to give up amare and melo for Dwight!

29$JerZ
12-06-2011, 01:26 PM
There is Zero reasons for Orlando wanting Amar'e.
They are much better off getting picks.

The only way Amar'e for Dwight would work is if a 3rd team got involved, absorbed Amar'e, and offered their picks and/or young talent to Orlando while NY gets Dwight. That's it though. Amar'e for Dwight alone is pretty much never happening.

Nycbball08
12-06-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm tired of everyone saying "these team could get better offers elsewhere."
Then if that were the case, why aren't they getting it.

Greet
12-06-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm tired of everyone saying "these team could get better offers elsewhere."
Then if that were the case, why aren't they getting it.

Probably because the Magic got the best offer they could possibly get for rebuilding......Unless a team offers a superstar like KD.

Slimsim
12-06-2011, 01:41 PM
why does it seem like people think Amare is a scrub

Nycbball08
12-06-2011, 01:44 PM
People thing everyone on the Knicks is a scrub, and if and when we get
Cp3 I'll be a scrub to...

NYKnickFanatic
12-06-2011, 02:06 PM
People thing everyone on the Knicks is a scrub, and if and when we get
Cp3 I'll be a scrub to...

They wont think he is a scrub, they will just say he is overrated and not a top 10 player anymore.

SluggeR
12-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Honestly STAT is the best player the magic will be able to get in a trade. People keep saying they can get a better offer, because of picks. Most of the teams wanting Superman are contenders and whoever he goes to will not be picking in the lottery anyway..so there goes the get picks debate.I'm a diehard Knicks fan, STAT & Superman are two of my favorite players..I wouldn't know how to take it if that went down. I don't think STAT would take it as hard as some may think though. If Superman wanted to be in New York, he could easily force his way there. CP3 wants in, but "we don't have the pieces to get him".

29$JerZ
12-06-2011, 02:16 PM
They wont think he is a scrub, they will just say he is overrated and not a top 10 player anymore.

Actually I expect the "He isn't the same Chris Paul" comments to be made
Deron and Rose are clearly much better.etc

Understood it for Melo and Amar'e but for Paul that's going to be a funny year if he does go to NY

John Walls Era
12-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Why would the Magic want to do this? They will be a borderline playoff team with Amare.

justinnum1
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Its not even worth the phone call.

smith&wesson
12-06-2011, 02:21 PM

This seems like the most obvious deal to happen. And I would think Orlando would accept a deal like that as well. They keep Amare for another 4 seasons at that.
Also the Knicks would still have Melo and I'm not sure why Dwight would not want to go to that team when Melo is just as young and a star and they would still have pieces such as Fields and Billups for a few years.

ppl are under rateing stat now. this is a guy that helped the suns go to the western conf finals the season before last.

he may not be worth howard straight up, but stat and pick or a young player like shumpert might be the best deal they get for howard.

xxplayerxx23
12-06-2011, 02:27 PM
not a horrible offer, But I think they would want to go into rebuild mode, Because Amare will make them an 8 seed and a first round knockout. I think they want picks, and young players with potential. Fields is young to but again amare and fields with that team could be an 8 or 7 seed in the crappy east

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2011, 02:47 PM
why does it seem like people think Amare is a scrub

no, he's a top15 player but with a pretty bad contract.

nycericanguy
12-06-2011, 02:50 PM
no, he's a top15 player but with a pretty bad contract.

Amare makes the same or a little less than Gasol and he's 2 years younger. He makes about $1m more than Bynum.

Its not a horrible contract, its in line with what a top 15 player should and do make.

ugafan
12-06-2011, 02:58 PM
How come JB is allowed to make any thread he wants to but if anybody else made this, it's deleted instantly?

beliges
12-06-2011, 03:13 PM
The Knicks dont have any trade pieces for Dwight. Amare alone is not enough. Melo is not gonna be dealt. NYK have no shot at Dwight. THey cleaned house in anticipation for Lebron and when that failed, they got Amare and Melo. Now they have nobody to offer.

D-Leethal
12-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I think Orlando would rather let Dwight walk for nothing, dump Arenas, Turk, Nelson, Bass and rebuild from scratch with lottery picks than get Amare and his guaranteed $$$, stay around the 7-8 seeds of mediocrity for the forseeable future and miss out on tons of lottery picks

smith&wesson
12-06-2011, 03:36 PM
How come JB is allowed to make any thread he wants to but if anybody else made this, it's deleted instantly?

whats wrong with this thread ?

jb has been makeing quality threads for years .. he doesnt try to bait ppl. he is legit asking a question.

xxplayerxx23
12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
The Knicks dont have any trade pieces for Dwight. Amare alone is not enough. Melo is not gonna be dealt. NYK have no shot at Dwight. THey cleaned house in anticipation for Lebron and when that failed, they got Amare and Melo. Now they have nobody to offer.

Lol amare, Fields, TD plus picks is a pretty good package, But like i said they want young guys and picks IMO to rebuild that team will put them in the playoffs something I think they dont want

Hugbees
12-06-2011, 03:47 PM
When was the last time rebuilding with picks and young players actually led to a championship? It's a serious question because I feel like that term is always thrown out without much evidence to back it up. That being said, I don't see a ton of better options either. It's funny how star-driven this league is.

beasted86
12-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Because the Magic shouldn't want to be stuck in late lottery hell for the next 5 years. Amare with the rest of the Magic supporting cast would be good for 34-40 wins a year in the east. I'd personally be looking for young cheap talent, picks, and someone to take Hedo's contract if it's a guarentee that the Magic are going to lose Howard. Adding an Amare or Pau Gasol doesn't make any sense for a team that should be looking to have a complete rebuild
:clap:

Somebody finally gets it.

beliges
12-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Lol amare, Fields, TD plus picks is a pretty good package, But like i said they want young guys and picks IMO to rebuild that team will put them in the playoffs something I think they dont want

Not at all.

JordansBulls
12-06-2011, 04:00 PM

Somebody finally gets it.

But you gotta remember under the new CBA all teams have to spend money to get to the salary cap. People are forgeting this now. What's the point of rebuilding when you gotta spend your money anyway?

xxplayerxx23
12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Not at all.

You do realize amare is a top 15 player, top 3 PF in the game right? they can build around him and be a decent team. Give me a much better offer from teams that are realistic??

beasted86
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
When was the last time rebuilding with picks and young players actually led to a championship? It's a serious question because I feel like that term is always thrown out without much evidence to back it up. That being said, I don't see a ton of better options either. It's funny how star-driven this league is.

Lets not try and re-invent the wheel here. This is the way teams have been rebuilding forever. Magic were only a 4th seed with Dwight Howard a top 5 player. Even if they trade for another all-star or near all-star, they will drop. Whether it's far enough to make a 7-8th seed, or the worst possible scenario... 9th or 10 remains is unknown.

Why take the risk when the team would be paying the luxury tax for a 7-8th seed team at best? Trading for a big contract player or players will only prolong the necessary full rebuild.

xxplayerxx23
12-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Lets not try and re-invent the wheel here. This is the way teams have been rebuilding forever. Magic were only a 4th seed with Dwight Howard a top 5 player. Even if they trade for another all-star or near all-star, they will drop. Whether it's far enough to make a 7-8th seed, or the worst possible scenario... 9th or 10 remains is unknown.

Why take the risk when the team would be paying the luxury tax for a 7-8th seed team at best? Trading for a big contract player or players will only prolong the necessary full rebuild.

I agree here but lets say they got amare fields, TD you dont think they make it anywhere from a 6 to 8 seed in the east?

beasted86
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
I agree here but lets say they got amare fields, TD you dont think they make it anywhere from a 6 to 8 seed in the east?

Is continuing to lose money paying a high luxury tax for the next 2 years worth making the playoffs in a 6-8th seed (at best)?

I hope the owner isn't that stupid, or we will see another lockout in 6yrs with teams showing proof again they were losing money.

JerseysFinest
12-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Just stop.

xxplayerxx23
12-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Is continuing to lose money paying a high luxury tax for the next 2 years worth making the playoffs in a 6-8th seed (at best)?

I hope the owner isn't that stupid, or we will see another lockout in 6yrs with teams showing proof again they were losing money.

Im not saying it is, But in the new cba dont you have to spend the money for your cap? Im not exactly sure what it would be there lineup but cant they amisty (mispelled but you know what i meant) hedo? that would give them some room to work Maybe bring in some FA
But Pg Nelson/Arenes/TD
Sg Fields/JJ redick/TD
SF Hedo or Fa signing?
PF Amare/Bass
C. Bass/amare anderson??
I think that could pull off an 6 seed at best, Not sure if its worth it, I might be forgeting someon I think i am if i am my bad its been awhile since ive talked basketball with the lockout being so long

Hugbees
12-06-2011, 04:36 PM

That was a general question, in no way was it a reference to this situation. Don't take it as an argument for or against an Amare/Howard swap. Also, the new CBA requires teams to spend, there are no trades for big contracts unless big contracts are being taken back (i.e. players that are not in the young and cheap prospect category). So what exactly is rebuilding now? Again.. it was a question that really has no simple answer, there really is no evidence to support it as the best option.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Amare makes the same or a little less than Gasol and he's 2 years younger. He makes about $1m more than Bynum.

Its not a horrible contract, its in line with what a top 15 player should and do make.

look at the length of his contract:puke:

An injury prone amare making 24 mils per year at the age of 32 is scaryyyy

Cal827
12-06-2011, 04:54 PM
But you gotta remember under the new CBA all teams have to spend money to get to the salary cap. People are forgeting this now. What's the point of rebuilding when you gotta spend your money anyway?

Well as we have seen, there are some contracts that are garbage deals (E.g. Hedo, Arenas, Curry, any deal signed by the Knicks from 2003-July 2010). With the new Floor, some rebuilding teams will likely be more willing to hold on to some of their bad contracts. For example, maybe Orlando decides to amnesty Arenas and just trade Howard, and just hold onto hedo until he's an expensive scrub expring contract. If I'm not mistaken, the Amnesty clause would still count against the cap for a little bit (since it's mainly for lux tax purposes). So if they just deal Howard, they still are about 32 million commited to cap on the two alone (and this might go for a few years since Hedo's contract runs for a while longer, and Arena's contract is either 3 yrs or he has a PO which he might try to accept before being amnestied to make sure the remainder of his contract is guaranteed to him (not completely sure if that is possible, but we do sometimes see teams accept the option well before the end of the year). They also have some extended contracts like Duhon (like 4 mill for 3 years), Reddick and Bass. They messed up so badly that it would help them more in a rebuild lol

32 million committed to two scrubs for two years after Howard's departure is great for them if they have to go into rebuilding.. Counting the salaries of a high pick (4-5.5 million) and that moves them to very close to the cap floor (49 million I believe). They could just use the remainder on making sure they have decent role players and that team could just mainly worry about drafting for the next few years.

That's why I don't really believe that the Magic would be interested in moving Hedo in any of these deals if they are committed to a rebuild, and now that they are being forced to get to a floor salary. We have seen that his game has fallen off quite badly from his peak years in his first stint with Orlando. They might want to use the value of having a 10 million dollar bench warmer for a rebuild.

Chill_Will_24
12-06-2011, 04:54 PM
100mil+uninsured+bionic brittle knees+no rebuild=ORL suicide rate triples

seikou8
12-06-2011, 04:55 PM
100mil+uninsured+bionic brittle knees+no rebuild=ORL suicide rate triples

he is better thsn deron williams

Chill_Will_24
12-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Well as we have seen, there are some contracts that are garbage deals. For example, maybe Orlando decides to amnesty Arenas and just trade Howard, and just hold onto hedo until he's an expensive scrub expring contract. If I'm not mistaken, the Amnesty clause would still count against the cap for a little bit (since it's mainly for lux tax purposes). So if they just deal Howard, they still are about 32 million commited to cap on the two alone (and this might go for a few years since Hedo's contract runs for a while longer, and Arena's contract is either 3 yrs or he has a PO which he might try to accept before being amnestied to make sure the remainder of his contract is guaranteed to him (not completely sure if that is possible, but we do sometimes see teams accept the option well before the end of the year). They also have some extended contracts like Duhon (like 4 mill for 3 years), Reddick and Bass. They messed up so badly that it would help them more in a rebuild lol

32 million committed to two scrubs for two years after Howard's departure is great for them if they have to go into rebuilding.. Counting the salaries of a high pick (4-5.5 million) and that moves them to very close to the cap floor (49 million I believe). They could just use the remainder on making sure they have decent role players and that team could just mainly worry about drafting for the next few years.

And in the meantime stock up on young talent ala Minny, LAC, OKC

Cal827
12-06-2011, 05:00 PM
And in the meantime stock up on young talent ala Minny, LAC, OKC

Yup, it's a much better situation than if they decided to clear their books completely and had to surround their players with big contracts for guys who might end up being malevolent in the development of the prospects (E.g. A Chucker who gets like 20 ppg on like 38% shooting)

Rockice_8
12-06-2011, 05:25 PM
This can't be a serious thread, can it? Why would Orlando downgrade to an older, injury prone, worse player when they can't win with Dwight? They want youth and picks not old and expensive.

Rockice_8
12-06-2011, 05:31 PM

Don't feel bad Orlando won't trade Dwight for Gasol either. They need to rebuild not be mediocre for the next 5 years.

Rockice_8
12-06-2011, 05:33 PM

You don't have to spend it because you can pay a fine if you want to keep it. Almost like a reverse luxury tax. Not sure what it is or anything but you don't technically have to spend it.

beasted86
12-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Magic would need to worry about getting some shmuck team to take Turkoglu or Arenas before they can even start to worry about them not hitting the new 85-90% of salary cap rule.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Almost every poster who bashes Amare more than likely doesn't have a better pf on their roster. This question was silly but the Amare hate is comical. I can only think of a handful of pf better than Amare. And when they face him they have problems guarding him as well.

Chill_Will_24
12-06-2011, 06:07 PM

VinceCarter
12-06-2011, 06:09 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/image/not%20sure%20if%20serious/grand/not_sure_if_serious.jpg (http://www.gifsforum.com/images/3807)

VinceCarter
12-06-2011, 06:10 PM

Again.
http://gifsforum.com/images/image/not%20sure%20if%20serious/grand/not_sure_if_serious.jpg (http://www.gifsforum.com/images/3807)

Chill_Will_24
12-06-2011, 06:11 PM

I guess my sarcasm wasnt obvious

jewno
12-06-2011, 06:18 PM

the knicks would hvae to be brain dead not accept amare for dwight striaght up thats so lopsided favoring new york.

xxplayerxx23
12-06-2011, 06:20 PM
amare ,fields a number one and The staue of liberty for dhoward

Dmagic87
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM
NY would trade Amare, Fields, and Eli Manning for D12.

In fact, I am sure NY has offered. We would probably trade Melo as well if D12 signed and extension.

xxplayerxx23
12-06-2011, 06:25 PM

In fact, I am sure NY has offered. We would probably trade Melo as well if D12 signed and extension.

No chance first we dont trade Eli We would give them sanchez if they wanted :D and No man we would not trade melo for him

VinceCarter
12-06-2011, 06:25 PM
I guess my sarcasm wasnt obvious

Sorry this is aimed towards the thread itself. Amare wouldn't make sense for a total rebuild which would happen if the Magic trade Dwight.

GIANTKNICK
12-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I'd be willing to give up amare and melo for Dwight!

Come on be for real.

rwynyc
12-06-2011, 06:34 PM
The whole D12 doesnt like NY is false. I used to play ball at rebook sports club on upper west side, and d12 was in there training bc he was visiting ny in the off season pretty often.

As much as I would love to Amare for D12 it doesnt make sense unless 3rd team is involved to take Amare. Anyone who has knee problems and has played sports knows its a matter of time before Amare becomes an amnesty player. The Magic will have used there's already and will not want to get stuck with Amares contract.

A smart GM is wondering how he can get rid of turk and arenas. They know D12 is gone. It is a fact they have no chance of bringing any players. Otis destroyed that team, and their cap. So how can we trade d12 and get rid of the other **** also and start from the beginning. That will be there thinking.

kartyea
12-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Never and they would be fools in every sense of the word. D12 is good don't get me wrong but he's only better than Amare on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively he's a top center in the league but definitely not even close to being one of the greats. I said it once and I'll say it again in a league of good big men he would be a Kevin Willis type, it's just no bigs in the league worth anything. And lastly what has D12 won??? He had decent supporting cast before and couldn't win and that would be the knicks without Amare and Melo besides one of them straight up is a fair teade, both and we would think Isaiah was running the team

nyKnicks126
12-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah and why arent the bulls offering rose for dwight.. Bulls fan stop making Knicks threads and **** off with your Bull *****s.

nyKnicks126
12-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Knicks organization would be crazy if they signed a player they wanted for long term to trade him, and he gave this team a lot.. He is my favorite Knick for a reason..Pre All Star break was actually a MVP candidate.

xxplayerxx23
12-06-2011, 06:43 PM
dwight>amare to the above poster

jeter 2
12-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Amare would be the best offer for him. The Magic would get the best offensive power forward in the game. How could they not turn him down?

RLundi
12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
now that I have not heard, last I heard Dwight was reportedly open to playing in NY. Do you have a link?

Made up

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7305754/new-york-knicks-aim-dwight-howard-chris-paul

That night in Orlando, Howard was asked about the prospect of someday ending up a Knick.

"New York's a beautiful city to visit," he said, "but it's too cold for me."

He was wearing a smile when he said it, but honestly, it didn't sound like he was joking.

phoenix_bladen
12-06-2011, 07:04 PM

because it would be a b.itch move since amare made the franchise relevant again.

you think any star would wanna sign with a management like that again?

nyKnicks126
12-06-2011, 07:05 PM
because it would be a b.itch move since amare made the franchise relevant again.

you think any star would wanna sign with a management like that again?

Right. :clap:

AddiX
12-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Orlando would have to offer us the trade, if ny made the offer, it would eventually leak and become just another completely embarrasing moment in recent knick history.

Obviously is Orlando made the offer the deal would be done in a heartbeat.

There isn't a player in the NBA not worth trading for Howard.

hgtiger32
12-06-2011, 08:00 PM
doesn't Amare have a no trade clause?

and would they trade him after he single handily turned around the Knicks? Hell no.

rwynyc
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Some of you guys need to wake up. The only reason Amare came to NY was for money and bc we were dumb enough to give him an uninsured contract. So while he made the team relevant for one season the knicks have made him relevant financially for 6 years. Who btw costs us a first round exit in the playoffs bc he was ****ing around dunking in practice.

No one has wanted to come to the knicks for the past ten years anyhow. If they traded for d12 you know pulling of cp3 is possible. We will see who wouldnt want to come to ny then.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Dwight just said he doesn't like the snow in NY. That doesn't mean he wouldn't play on the Knicks. But I don't belive he will be a Knick.

phoenix_bladen
12-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Some of you guys need to wake up. The only reason Amare came to NY was for money and bc we were dumb enough to give him an uninsured contract. So while he made the team relevant for one season the knicks have made him relevant financially for 6 years. Who btw costs us a first round exit in the playoffs bc he was ****ing around dunking in practice.

No one has wanted to come to the knicks for the past ten years anyhow. If they traded for d12 you know pulling of cp3 is possible. We will see who wouldnt want to come to ny then.

do you have a source for that?

and while he did come for the better contract that wasn't the only thing that attracted him as NY had cap space to sign for another max and he thought he could get someone like lebron to play for him

and while you might think he is overpaid we got melo because we signed amare

so no you fail

Punk
12-06-2011, 09:13 PM
For god sakes. These threads are annoying now.

He does NOT want to play for a cold city. Why isn't that established? He will either stay in Orlando, go to Dallas OR LA. THAT'S IT.

evadatam5150
12-06-2011, 09:37 PM

Because that would be a terrible deal for Orlando... Terrible..

waveycrockett
12-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Amare has an 80 Million dollar uninsured contract because of his knee. That is why

ALS5
12-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Amare isn't going anywhere. CP3 will not sign an extended contract with any team! He will come to the Knicks for less money and make much more money from commercial endorsements. He want to play with Melo and Amare. Either give him to us now and take whatever we offer you or you can loose him next season for absolutely nothing!

Enough said!

OA SLAY
12-06-2011, 11:48 PM
About 120 million reasons

TylerSL
12-07-2011, 12:11 AM
because they still have a wet dream about getting CP3.

TheLegend
12-07-2011, 12:15 AM

Lateral move. While Howard is the better of the two I don't see this move making the Knicks any more potent. The Knicks need a facilitator at this point. melo paired with Howard isn't a good mix. Howard needs to be fed and I don't see melo doing that. Amare doesn't need to be fed as much as he can get his own shot. Also, look at the coach for the Knicks. Antoni is not a defensive coach so therefore he's going to opt for the player he has coached and more familiar with going back to his days as coach of the suns.

JordansBulls
12-07-2011, 01:40 PM

He does NOT want to play for a cold city. Why isn't that established? He will either stay in Orlando, go to Dallas OR LA. THAT'S IT.

Then why the hell would he list New Jersey?

rwynyc
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM
do you have a source for that?

and while he did come for the better contract that wasn't the only thing that attracted him as NY had cap space to sign for another max and he thought he could get someone like lebron to play for him

and while you might think he is overpaid we got melo because we signed amare

so no you fail

If you actually were a knicks fan you would know. So what kind of fail would you call that. Here is one of the many articles on the net. I suggest you do a search if you do not like this specific link.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/amare_stoudemire_hurt_his_back_from_pre_game_warmu p_dunk/4592713

If you remember he had a circus dunk in game 1 which lead to messing around in pre warm ups of game 2. Both Melo and Amare are over paid, and they will be until they start playing defense.

rwynyc
12-07-2011, 02:12 PM

Seriously why complain about threads when the nba section of this board was dead for 4 months?

MrfadeawayJB
12-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Why would Orlando do this??? Trade a top 10, maybe top 5 pf for the only dominant Center in the NBA :facepalm: I could only see this happening if Orlando gets no offers, but that wont happen. Amare will not be healthy throughout the length of that contract either. But Amare is from florida so who knows?

Rockice_8
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM

Dwight is that you? . . . Didn't think so. When will people stop acting like they actually know stuff.

Missing56&33
12-07-2011, 02:42 PM

At least Amar'e can shoot FT's. Howard only makes his FT's against the Knicks. :)

CousinsEvansDUO
12-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Because that would completely devastate the morale of their whole team. How do you think the roster would feel after he got traded? It would make everyone feel unsafe, including Carmelo. They owe it to Amare and Carmelo to stay together. They promised those two will be together and they can't just split them up, that is bad sportsmanship and will give the knicks front office a permanent stain on their image.