PDA

View Full Version : Clippers formally offer Jordan 40 Million for 5 years

Tebow15Time
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/wojyahoonba

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/12/06/clippers.formally.offer.deandre.jordan.5.years.40m .contract

where does Kaman end up then? to the clippers for iguodala??

last stand
12-06-2011, 12:26 PM
considering precedent this is actually a decent deal for LA. jordan could ask for 9 maybe 10 million a year if he accepts it that is a little bargain for a center since the position is so overpaid

LongIslandIcedZ
12-06-2011, 12:27 PM
So is that a pass on Dwight?

Chronz
We're keeping them both. DeAndre is getting this deal on potential alone. Which really worries me. I was hoping for less than 8M per year but as long as its not in the double digits its fine. I hope we frontload it.

Tebow15Time
considering precedent this is actually a decent deal for LA. jordan could ask for 9 maybe 10 million a year if he accepts it that is a little bargain for a center since the position is so overpaid

lol a 2nd round pick with career averages of 5.5 pts nd 5.5 rebs asking for 9-10 million?

lol, hes worth about 8 imo

last stand
12-06-2011, 12:29 PM
lol a 2nd round pick with career averages of 5.5 pts nd 5.5 rebs asking for 9-10 million?

5.5pts 5.5 rbs is worth like 4 million in my world but in the world of the NBA young athletic centers are worth 9-10 million

its not about logic its about precedent and what an agent can demand

sixer04fan
12-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Haha, you "lol" and balk at the asking price, but then your value for him is only 1-2 million off from that? Is it unexpected that a player would be seeking 1-2 million or more than he might actually be worth?

sixer04fan
12-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Clippers - you should do a double sign and trade with us, Deandre Jordan for Thaddeus Young. That is, if you don't get Caron. What do you think?

The_Jamal
12-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Interesting. This might start happening more and more with teams locking up "all potential" players early in hope that they'll be bargains later down the line. It doesn't seem like too bad of a deal either way; especially when you have big men like Chandler, Gasol and Nene all looking for superstar money in FA.

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 12:39 PM
In all honesty, I don't think he takes this deal. There are at least half a dozen teams in the league desperate for a center and he averaged 7/7/2 with 69% shooting last season at age 22. SOMEONE will offer him at least $10 million, maybe as much as $12-13 million, a year and force the Clippers to match. And if the Clippers are smart, they'll match just to keep Blake happy.

sep11ie
12-06-2011, 12:51 PM
MTB, what do you think the Rockets would offer?

Also if h's worth/getting that much, what does Gasol get?

da ThRONe
12-06-2011, 01:00 PM

DeAndre potential is through the roof. Gasol is a really solid player, but where he is now is pretty much as good as it's going to get(which isn't a bad thing at all). Jordan has the physical abilities to rival Howard as the best C the next 3-7 years.

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 01:01 PM

If I'm Morey and I'm ABSOLUTELY sure than Nene, Gasol and Chandler aren't coming to Houston, I might gamble and pay him $12-13 million a year for four years. If for some reason he's a bust after a season, the Rockets will still likely have the amnesty clause, and can correct the mistake, but I don't see that happening. Regardless, I don't think it will matter. The Clippers will likely match any offer, just like the Grizzlies will.

I'd be shocked if Gasol doesn't get a max deal. He doesn't strike me as a money hungry guy, but I can almost guarantee that someone will offer him a max deal and force the Grizzlies to match. But, just like with the Clippers, I'd be shocked if Memphis doesn't match any offer sheet.

Also, I'd be surprised if both Nene and Chandler don't get deals bordering on max contracts. There are too many teams with too much cap space for them not to, and between the Pacers, Nets, Rockets and Warriors, two of those teams will overpay. And as crazy as it sounds, I really hope the Rockets are one of them...

da ThRONe
12-06-2011, 01:04 PM
If I'm Morey and I'm ABSOLUTELY sure than Nene, Gasol and Chandler aren't coming to Houston, I might gamble and pay him $12-13 million a year for four years. If for some reason he's a bust after a season, the Rockets will still likely have the amnesty clause, and can correct the mistake, but I don't see that happening. Regardless, I don't think it will matter. The Clippers will likely match any offer, just like the Grizzlies will.

I'd be shocked if Gasol doesn't get a max deal. He doesn't strike me as a money hungry guy, but I can almost guarantee that someone will offer him a max deal and force the Grizzlies to match. But, just like with the Clippers, I'd be shocked if Memphis doesn't match any offer sheet.

Also, I'd be surprised if both Nene and Chandler don't get deals bordering on max contracts. There are too many teams with too much cap space for them not to, and between the Pacers, Nets, Rockets and Warriors, two of those teams will overpay. And as crazy as it sounds, I really hope the Rockets are one of them...

I think giving Jordan 12-13 million per season will net his services. Don't see the Clippers paying that.

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 01:04 PM
DeAndre potential is through the roof. Gasol is a really solid player, but where he is now is pretty much as good as it's going to get(which isn't a bad thing at all). Jordan has the physical abilities to rival Howard as the best C the next 3-7 years.
I disagree, and I use Luis Scola as an example of an international player who peaked several years after joining the NBA. Gasol showed his potential last season, and I don't care how good Jordan gets, he'll never be the offensive player that Gasol has the chance to be.

And while Jordan has the physical attributes to be a very good defensive player, he'll never be a good offensive player. At best, I see Jordan becoming a 10/10/2 player in the mold of a Tyson Chandler or a Joakim Noah. I honestly think that's his best case scenario. But in this league of undersized, soft centers, you could certainly do a lot worse than that...

da ThRONe
12-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I disagree, and I use Luis Scola as an example of an international player who peaked several years after joining the NBA. Gasol showed his potential last season, and I don't care how good Jordan gets, he'll never be the offensive player that Gasol has the chance to be.

And while Jordan has the physical attributes to be a very good defensive player, he'll never be a good offensive player. At best, I see Jordan becoming a 10/10/2 player in the mold of a Tyson Chandler or a Joakim Noah. I honestly think that's his best case scenario. But in this league of undersized, soft centers, you could certainly do a lot worse than that...

Jordan has great hands, great footwork, decent ball handling for his size, and a drop step with some nice moves. He's farther along on the offensives side than Dwight at this point in my opinion.

It's no knock on Gasol and if he ends up as a better center than Jordan wouldn't shock me one bit. However Jordan potential is on par with Howard. It's that potential that's going to get him paid.

Cal827
12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Interesting. This might start happening more and more with teams locking up "all potential" players early in hope that they'll be bargains later down the line. It doesn't seem like too bad of a deal either way; especially when you have big men like Chandler, Gasol and Nene all looking for superstar money in FA.

I could swear that that was a problem with the old NBA too

Just watch, some team will end up grossly overpaying him. :p

kylem4711
12-06-2011, 01:43 PM
What??? Good moves? Drop step? Good footwork!!!!

He has none of that. He is athletic and thats pretty much it. I am really hoping he comes back to the clips though. there is potential. As of now though, he is still extremely raw.

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Jordan has great hands, great footwork, decent ball handling for his size, and a drop step with some nice moves. He's farther along on the offensives side than Dwight at this point in my opinion.
:laugh:
Jordan's 23 and averaged 7 and 7 last season. Dwight was averaging 12 and 10 as a 19-year-old rookie. At 23, he was putting up 21/14/3 and led his team to the NBA Finals. To say Jordan is further along than Dwight is a joke...

It's no knock on Gasol and if he ends up as a better center than Jordan wouldn't shock me one bit. However Jordan potential is on par with Howard. It's that potential that's going to get him paid.
Jordan's potential is not on par with Howard. He's a physical player, but I don't think he's as athletic or gifted offensively and I don't think he will ever be able to hit a jump shot outside of five feet or develop the post game that Howard started to show last season. And people knock Howard for his free throw shooting, but the guy shot 68% last season. Jordan shot 45%!!!

It's also worth noting that Jordan averaged 4.5 fouls per 36 minutes last season and Dwight never averaged more than 3.6. Jordan will never play a full 30 minutes a night until he seriously cuts down the fouls.

jrm2054
12-06-2011, 01:52 PM
That's a fair price for him maybe a little less

nickdymez
12-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Deals like this just show that the lockout was for nothing...

WadeKobe
12-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Deals like this just show that the lockout was for nothing...

As long as there are 30 teams competing for 10 talented centers, this will always be the case. Do people really think that anything other than contraction will solve the NBA's contract problems?

Chronz
12-06-2011, 02:12 PM

Dude your lying your *** off, we went to DeAndre in the post 29 times all year. Going 9/17 from the field and turning it over the rest of the time. The fact that the team doesnt go to him at all tells you all you need to know about where his skill lies as a post player.

29$JerZ
12-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I thought he would get offered more. Being a Center and so young pretty much nets you double digit salaries now with how pathetic Centers are in the NBA

Mudvayne91
12-06-2011, 02:17 PM
In all honesty, I don't think he takes this deal. There are at least half a dozen teams in the league desperate for a center and he averaged 7/7/2 with 69% shooting last season at age 22. SOMEONE will offer him at least $10 million, maybe as much as $12-13 million, a year and force the Clippers to match. And if the Clippers are smart, they'll match just to keep Blake happy.

I can't find where I read it, but I believe I saw an article saying Jordan doesn't plan to sign it. That's not to say he won't still be a Clipper, but they'll have to match an offer.

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 02:18 PM
We're keeping them both. DeAndre is getting this deal on potential alone. Which really worries me. I was hoping for less than 8M per year but as long as its not in the double digits its fine. I hope we frontload it.

i hope so on the size and frontloading. damn this is getting out of control in a hurry.

Clippers - you should do a double sign and trade with us, Deandre Jordan for Thaddeus Young. That is, if you don't get Caron. What do you think?

haha no.

go ahead and offer him 13 mil a year then. take him. DJ without griffin's peer pressure on him is just another jerome james. i have watched every game of this kid's pro career and there is absolutely no way in hell he is worth that. i would rather Neil Olshey go after marc gasol then.

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 02:18 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA no.

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM

He has none of that. He is athletic and thats pretty much it. I am really hoping he comes back to the clips though. there is potential. As of now though, he is still extremely raw.

Dude your lying your *** off, we went to DeAndre in the post 29 times all year. Going 9/17 from the field and turning it over the rest of the time. The fact that the team doesnt go to him at all tells you all you need to know about where his skill lies as a post player.

you know what guys? i can't believe how overrated DJ is in the eyes of others who doesn't watch his game day in and day out. i say it is time we sell DJ high. very very high...

llemon
12-06-2011, 02:22 PM
5.5pts 5.5 rbs is worth like 4 million in my world but in the world of the NBA young athletic centers are worth 9-10 million

its not about logic its about precedent and what an agent can demand

Why would you use career stats in determining a FAs worth?

If/when Arenas is amnestied, should his career stats be considered in determining what he is worth?

And a contract offer to DeAndre starting at $4 mil makes him an un-Clipper.

mttwlsn16
12-06-2011, 02:22 PM

um

da ThRONe
12-06-2011, 02:23 PM

He has a drop step and great feet. He does need to delevop a consistent post game and bulid on the physically ability just like Dwight.

:laugh:
Jordan's 23 and averaged 7 and 7 last season. Dwight was averaging 12 and 10 as a 19-year-old rookie. At 23, he was putting up 21/14/3 and led his team to the NBA Finals. To say Jordan is further along than Dwight is a joke...

Jordan's potential is not on par with Howard. He's a physical player, but I don't think he's as athletic or gifted offensively and I don't think he will ever be able to hit a jump shot outside of five feet or develop the post game that Howard started to show last season. And people knock Howard for his free throw shooting, but the guy shot 68% last season. Jordan shot 45%!!!

It's also worth noting that Jordan averaged 4.5 fouls per 36 minutes last season and Dwight never averaged more than 3.6. Jordan will never play a full 30 minutes a night until he seriously cuts down the fouls.

I'm talking year's in the league not age.

mjt20mik
12-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Ed Davis as a rookie (last year) averaged the same numbers as Jordan, playing less minutes. It's crazy how people value this kid so high.

THE GIPPER
12-06-2011, 02:26 PM

How would you feel if he doesn't take this offer, then another team offers him say 12 mil. per. Would you want the clippers to match?

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 02:27 PM
He has a drop step and great feet. He does need to delevop a consistent post game and bulid on the physically ability just like Dwight.

again, based on what? BSPN highlights of his dunks? youtube? lmao. DJ gets his rebounding position taken away by 6 foot guards too many times. he doesn't have any footwork and that's why he can't get his low post position established. his got hands of stone and fumbles simple passes that are given to him on 1 bounce, that's why baron used to just lop it over his head because that was about the only thing he can get sure grip on the ball.

llemon
12-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Ed Davis as a rookie (last year) averaged the same numbers as Jordan, playing less minutes. It's crazy how people value this kid so high.

Davis played alongside a Center named Bargnani.

DeAndre played alongside a PF named Griffin

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 02:31 PM
go ahead and offer him 13 mil a year then. take him. DJ without griffin's peer pressure on him is just another jerome james. i have watched every game of this kid's pro career and there is absolutely no way in hell he is worth that. i would rather Neil Olshey go after marc gasol then.

I don't think he's worth $13 million a year either, but these are NBA GMs we're talking about and it's the position of the most value. SOMEONE will overpay for the guy. But, I think you're seriously kidding yourself if you think Memphis won't match any contract for Gasol. I had a pipe dream that he might not resign with them, but all indications are that he wants to be in Memphis and the Grizzlies are willing to match a max contract offer.

don'tfireNedCo
How would you feel if he doesn't take this offer, then another team offers him say 12 mil. per. Would you want the clippers to match?

no.

every clipperfan knows we love DJ's antics, his friendship with griffin, and youthful demeanor on and off the court, but chris kaman is still the better center over DJ. there is no dispute over that in any clipper fan boards. kaman is making 12.2 mil this year and if that's the price on raw DJ, we would rather extend kaman. chris is still only 29 as well. he had seasons where he was nearly 20-10 in this league, and taken us to western semis with cassell and brand. kaman is often made fun of but he is proven and he is better. DJ's potential is great, but his college coach once said DJ was a 20 year old going on 12.

JOSKOMANG4
IMO, Jordan is worth 5yr 40mill. As for Gasol, IMO, Gasol will get a Horford-type deal.

Chronz
12-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Only if its a frontloaded offer, otherwise that 12M balloons to ridiculous levels in the coming years when we have to extend Blake+EG

If the 2 sides are a million or 2 apart, then I wont get too upset about it, but if he wants +12 annually he is nuts and doesnt care about the teams long term prospects

mightybosstone

Dude, it doesn't matter. I like Jordan a lot, and I love his potential, but his third season in the league doesn't even touch Dwight's as a 19-year-old rookie. Saying he has the potential of Dwight Howard isn't just homerism, it's borderline insanity.

don'tfireNedCo
I don't think he's worth $13 million a year either, but these are NBA GMs we're talking about and it's the position of the most value. SOMEONE will overpay for the guy. But, I think you're seriously kidding yourself if you think Memphis won't match any contract for Gasol. I had a pipe dream that he might not resign with them, but all indications are that he wants to be in Memphis and the Grizzlies are willing to match a max contract offer.

yeah but we are not without an option. kaman is still under the contract and because of his recent track record with injuries and age he won't command anymore than what he is getting paid by us. he was drafted by us and is willing to retire as a clipper so we can simply give that offer to a proven vet over paying for what ifs.

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Only if its a frontloaded offer, otherwise that 12M balloons to ridiculous levels in the coming years when we have to extend Blake+EG

If the 2 sides are a million or 2 apart, then I wont get too upset about it, but if he wants +12 annually he is nuts and doesnt care about the teams long term prospects

You know as well as I do, though, that the Clippers are likely going to have to match a contract of at least $10 million a year if they want to keep him. And it could be more than that...

Chronz
12-06-2011, 02:35 PM
He has a drop step and great feet.
I can count on 1 hand how many times he drop stepped his way to a shot. Your putting too much faith in such a small sample. If he has all you say then everyone in the league has it. Who wouldve thunk that post play is alive and well.

Both are important, in either event Dwight comes out way ahead.

John Walls Era
12-06-2011, 02:37 PM
8 Million based on potential alone. They better hope he fills into the role they want him to play because thats about 6 million a year too much at this point in time.

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 02:37 PM
seriously, since you guys are so interested in paying DJ, give us a sign and trade offer. if you don't want to clutter this thread post it in clipper forum. lets discuss this a bit more.

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 02:38 PM
yeah but we are not without an option. kaman is still under the contract and because of his recent track record with injuries and age he won't command anymore than what he is getting paid by us. he was drafted by us and is willing to retire as a clipper so we can simply give that offer to a proven vet over paying for what ifs.

But Kaman is such a huge question mark. He's only got one year left, he's coming off an atrocious, injury plagued season and he's only played 60-plus games once in the last four years. Why take a chance with an injury prone vet when you have a sturdy, 23-year-old center who can grow with your young team?

mjt20mik
12-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Davis played alongside a Center named Bargnani.

DeAndre played alongside a PF named Griffin

He actually came off the bench for the majority of the games he played. In which case he did play equally with both Amir Johnson and Bargnani.

llemon
12-06-2011, 02:39 PM

'Proven-Vet', as in he's proven that he could go down with an injury at anytime?

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 02:40 PM
seriously, since you guys are so interested in paying DJ, give us a sign and trade offer. if you don't want to clutter this thread post it in clipper forum. lets discuss this a bit more.

If I'm the Rockets, I would offer up something like Courtney Lee, Jordan Hill, maybe one other young player and a future first rounder for Jordan. But that's literally off the top of my head.

da ThRONe
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
I can count on 1 hand how many times he drop stepped his way to a shot. Your putting too much faith in such a small sample. If he has all you say then everyone in the league has it. Who wouldve thunk that post play is alive and well.

Both are important, in either event Dwight comes out way ahead.

I just see the potential is there. I see his natural post skill as higher than Dwight, but Dwight has him everwhere else are they are tied.

No doubt Dwight is ahead. He has shown he's willing to put in the work, has better body control, and is stronger.

llemon
12-06-2011, 02:43 PM
He actually came off the bench for the majority of the games he played. In which case he did play equally with both Amir Johnson and Bargnani.

Both certainly the rebounding equals of Griffin.

Believe DeAndre blocked about twice as many shots PG as Davis.

Not saying there is anything wrong with Davis.

If he equals (or betters) those '10-'11 stats when he comes up for FA, he should get a nice deal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2011, 02:44 PM
lol at people saying bynum has a ****** contract while Jordan probably gets 10 mil a year...what an irony

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
But Kaman is such a huge question mark. He's only got one year left, he's coming off an atrocious, injury plagued season and he's only played 60-plus games once in the last four years. Why take a chance with an injury prone vet when you have a sturdy, 23-year-old center who can grow with your young team?

yeah kaman's heart has been questioned over the last few years but understandable as his entire playoff run squad has been destroyed and gone. we had some bad years where kaman had to be our #1 option on offense. yikes! but he is still only 29, his last year's injury was a freak accident of stepping on a camera man, he did not wish to be traded and Im sure some part of delaying return was to make sure trade deadline was passed. he has clipper/mich st colored basketball court built at his house and he is the type of guy who wants to play and retire from 1 team.
griffin's and EJ's contract extension is coming very soon. clippers want to go after a max player in 2012. there is no way we can accomplish all that with giving DJ a king's ransom. we have more important holes to fill and DJ is one of those players that would be 'nice' to have around because he is griffin's best friend on the team. we can do without and we will be just fine without. what DJ is asking is eventually something that will break the future of the team's success. if he doesn't care for our team success, then he has got to go.

again, offer me some sign and trade deal.

llemon
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
If I'm the Rockets, I would offer up something like Courtney Lee, Jordan Hill, maybe one other young player and a future first rounder for Jordan. But that's literally off the top of my head.

DeAndre is a Center. Clippers need a Center, not pieces.

Rockets need a Center too. Supposedly looking at Dalembert.

llemon
12-06-2011, 02:47 PM
lol at people saying bynum has a ****** contract while Jordan probably gets 10 mil a year...what an irony

Why is everyone so pissed off that this kid got a nice contract offer?

Vincent
12-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Why is everyone so pissed off that this kid got a nice contract offer?

Because bad contracts cause lockouts? lol

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 02:49 PM

damn with a first rounder and those 2 i would take that deal over 13 mil to DJ, but maybe we can find a way to include a 3rd team for a starter quality player?

if that was the only deal offered, i would still take that over paying DJ as if he has done something in this league.

llemon
12-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Because bad contracts cause lockouts? lol

Obviously, they don't.

Chronz
12-06-2011, 02:52 PM

Thabeet+Lowry for Mo+Bledso+DeAndre?

Thabeet+Hayes+Budinger+Terrence+Lee for DeAndre+Gomes

Gators123
12-06-2011, 02:52 PM
WojYahooNBA

Spurs, Pistons keeping close check on Chris Kaman, but Clippers won't move him until resolution on restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan.

Kamen to the Pistons, please.

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 02:54 PM
WojYahooNBA

not if DJ wants 13 mil per you don't

llemon
12-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Thabeet+Lowry for Mo+Bledso+DeAndre?

Thabeet+Hayes+Budinger+Terrence+Lee for DeAndre+Gomes

No, and no.

Chronz
12-06-2011, 02:57 PM
But Kaman is such a huge question mark. He's only got one year left, he's coming off an atrocious, injury plagued season and he's only played 60-plus once in the last four years. Why take a chance with an injury prone vet when you have a sturdy, 23-year-old center who can grow with your young team?
LOL thats our problem, they are both question marks, whether you choose the sturdy nobody with potential, or the former all-star with a checkered health record, I dont see how one is a better risk than the other. I would rather hold onto DeAndre but considering our situation I wouldnt keep him for more than 10M.

PS Kamans track record has been that he has a good year every other year, this is an upswing year with his contract ending.

Chronz
12-06-2011, 02:58 PM
WojYahooNBA

Monroe+Charlie V for Kaman?

that statement maybe the greatest observation noted first by cracka2Hi.

yea, I hope it holds true

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 02:59 PM
PF Kamans track record has been that he has a good year every other year, this is an upswing year with his contract ending.

that statement maybe the greatest observation noted first by cracka2Hi.

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 02:59 PM
DeAndre is a Center. Clippers need a Center, not pieces.

Rockets need a Center too. Supposedly looking at Dalembert.

Jordan Hill is a PF/C and there are so few true centers in the league that you'll be hard pressed to find a lot of true center for true center sign and trade options. And like I said, that was literally off the top of my head and there is no indication whatsoever that either side would have any interest in any kind of sign and trade regarding Jordan.

Also, the Rockets are looking at a LOT of centers right now. They've already met with Nene and are meeting with Chandler this week. Nowhere have I seen where it says they have plans to meet with Dalembert.

Chronz
12-06-2011, 03:00 PM
No, and no.

Who says no in both?

mjt20mik
12-06-2011, 03:02 PM
WojYahooNBA

Isn't he a CMU Alum? Would be good for him to be in Michigan again.

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 03:02 PM
No, and no.

Really? Because if I'm Houston, no way do I trade Lowry for Jordan.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2011, 03:03 PM
not if DJ wants 13 mil per you don't

lmfao

llemon
12-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Who says no in both?

Clippers

mttwlsn16
12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Clippers

i dont mind trade #2 is chronz proposed deals. trade #1 tho i think the clipps are giving up too much

Chronz
12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Really? Because if I'm Houston, no way do I trade Lowry for Jordan.

I think thats what he was trying to say but he didnt clarify.

What about the 2nd one? I wouldnt do it but I was curious if you would, I dont think we can be partners because one side always gets raped. If you had Battier on a 1 year deal that would be perfect.

llemon
12-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Jordan Hill is a PF/C and there are so few true centers in the league that you'll be hard pressed to find a lot of true center for true center sign and trade options. And like I said, that was literally off the top of my head and there is no indication whatsoever that either side would have any interest in any kind of sign and trade regarding Jordan.

Also, the Rockets are looking at a LOT of centers right now. They've already met with Nene and are meeting with Chandler this week. Nowhere have I seen where it says they have plans to meet with Dalembert.

Sorry, the report is that Dalembert is interested in the Rockets.

And I'd guess Jordan Hill is the reason Rockets are looking for a srarting Center, and DeAndre Jordan is the reason Clippers are trying to keep their starting Center.

Chronz
12-06-2011, 03:10 PM
i dont mind trade #2 is chronz proposed deals. trade #1 tho i think the clipps are giving up too much
RLY? I thought it was pretty even but with the Rox being on the losing end unless DeAndre develops into a beast. Trade #2 was meant to be in favor of the Rox but you like it more? Interesting, I suppose would leave us without a Center and we lose 2 quality pieces for only 1. What if they threw Hayes/Hill in there? Atleast he wont have to battle Hayes anymore.

Keep in mind that Kyle Lowry is the best defensive PG in the game with a strong work ethic, he shats on Mo.

llemon
12-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Monroe+Charlie V for Kaman?

I believe Pistons would like to hold onto Monroe.

Chronz
12-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I believe Pistons would like to hold onto Monroe.
Nobody ever wants to part with a promising Rookie contract player. Im hoping his Michigan ties and overrated All-Star rep along with absorbing Charlie will be enough to get that prospect.

Spurs have nothing we want though.

THE MTL
12-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Are u ppl serious? Talking about paying Jordan at least 10 million dollars per year. THATS ********!

Only this season, has he even looked like he belongs in the NBA. I think the Clippers are overpaying. I thought the point of the lockout was to prevent these overpaid contracts???

D'Andre Jordan has not proven to be worth 8 million in my book. I would give him no more than 7 million. With averages of 7/7/2 last season (and career averages of 5/5/1) he should be getting less than that.

If these teams are going to continue doing this OVERPAYING! Then I rather go back to the old CBA deal. We got Tyson Chandler thinks he's worth 15 million per year and Nene trying to get a MAX contract for 17 million. These guys arent worth more than 10 million tops.

mttwlsn16
12-06-2011, 03:25 PM
RLY? I thought it was pretty even but with the Rox being on the losing end unless DeAndre develops into a beast. Trade #2 was meant to be in favor of the Rox but you like it more? Interesting, I suppose would leave us without a Center and we lose 2 quality pieces for only 1. What if they threw Hayes/Hill in there? Atleast he wont have to battle Hayes anymore.

Keep in mind that Kyle Lowry is the best defensive PG in the game with a strong work ethic, he shats on Mo.

chuck hayes i would definitely take in return. guy is a beast.

bolded part- was unaware he was the highly touted

smith&wesson
12-06-2011, 03:46 PM

8 mill a year isnt so bad. but why not back load it ?? the first few years you pay him less and his last years you pay him more because he would become a bigger expiring contract right ?

Hugbees
12-06-2011, 03:51 PM

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/12/06/clippers.formally.offer.deandre.jordan.5.years.40m .contract

where does Kaman end up then? to the clippers for iguodala??

Uh what?

mttwlsn16
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Uh what?

why do u seem so confused? that **** has been discussed for like 2 yrs now

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
^no he means how one can trade kaman from clippers to clippers and end up with iggy

mttwlsn16
12-06-2011, 04:35 PM
ah. missed that part lol

magichatnumber9
12-06-2011, 04:41 PM

where does Kaman end up then? to the clippers for iguodala??Your out of your lucking mind.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Are u ppl serious? Talking about paying Jordan at least 10 million dollars per year. THATS ********!

Only this season, has he even looked like he belongs in the NBA. I think the Clippers are overpaying. I thought the point of the lockout was to prevent these overpaid contracts???

D'Andre Jordan has not proven to be worth 8 million in my book. I would give him no more than 7 million. With averages of 7/7/2 last season (and career averages of 5/5/1) he should be getting less than that.

If these teams are going to continue doing this OVERPAYING! Then I rather go back to the old CBA deal. We got Tyson Chandler thinks he's worth 15 million per year and Nene trying to get a MAX contract for 17 million. These guys arent worth more than 10 million tops.

totally agreed

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 04:50 PM
He's only 23 years old and improving. In any professional sport, you often pay players based on their potential. But even for a 7/7/2 guy, $8 million isn't that insane when you consider how few legitimate defensive centers there are in the NBA. And with so many teams in need of one, he'll probably make more than that...

chuck hayes i would definitely take in return. guy is a beast.

bolded part- was unaware he was the highly touted
I don't think the Rockets can trade Chuck Hayes in a sign and trade for another player because Hayes is a free agent. And as far as Kyle Lowry goes, I'm shocked at how few people know how good he was last season. After the all-star break, he posted a stat line of 16.8 points, 7.3 assists, 4.5 rebounds and 1.1 steals on .435/.394/.850 shooting percentages. And while I don't think he's necessarily the best defensive point guard in the game, I'd consider him top five. He's certainly one of the most physical and might be the best rebounding PG in the league.

lavilevi23
12-06-2011, 04:54 PM
How about Mike Miller+Joel Anthony+Eddie House for Chris Kaman+Willie Warren? seems fair to me...

seikou8
12-06-2011, 04:57 PM
its over there out its between the lakers and nets
to get dwight

don'tfireNedCo
12-06-2011, 05:13 PM
lmfao

totally agreed

is English your second language or you are plain high?
you first laugh at the idea of keeping kaman and letting DJ walk and now you say you agree that DJ is overpaid? which is it or you are just very low in IQ department? yeah LMFAO :facepalm:

llemon
12-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't think the Rockets can trade Chuck Hayes in a sign and trade for another player because Hayes is a free agent.

A team can ONLY S&T its own FA.

mightybosstone
12-06-2011, 05:19 PM
A team can ONLY S&T its own FA.

But I was under the impression that a sign and trade could only be a single player for other players and picks. Like the Rockets could trade a bunch of pieces for Jordan in a sign and trade, but not for Jordan and other pieces, and certainly not a sign and trade with players from both teams.

Although, I could be wrong on that...

Geargo Wallace
12-06-2011, 05:27 PM
that's a lot of dough

basketfan4life
12-06-2011, 05:41 PM
i think it's too much...

llemon
12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
But I was under the impression that a sign and trade could only be a single player for other players and picks. Like the Rockets could trade a bunch of pieces for Jordan in a sign and trade, but not for Jordan and other pieces, and certainly not a sign and trade with players from both teams.

Although, I could be wrong on that...

Larry Coon's NBA/FAQ #79

MTar786
12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
wow. he should take that! theyre overpaying him by 2 mil a season IMO.

Iodine
12-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Teams love the dunking and jivin *no racist*

He's an incomplete player, but in this market, his production will find some takers

also http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordade01.html
Look at the similarity scores.

SCOTT POLLARD FOREVERRRRRRRRR

(those BBR sim scores are pretty bad for every one though)

llemon
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
wow. he should take that! theyre overpaying him by 2 mil a season IMO.

Let's see if anyone offers more, though no other team can offer 5 years.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Not sure if he is worth that... He is a good starter but not a game changer.

kylem4711
12-06-2011, 06:49 PM
How about Mike Miller+Joel Anthony+Eddie House for Chris Kaman+Willie Warren? seems fair to me...

honestly, this is the funniest thing i have seen today. :burn: