PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony safe from the wrath of Nuggets fans for 1 more season

Tebow15Time
12-05-2011, 11:29 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_19475383

Two league sources confirmed that the Nuggets-Knicks game this season will be in New York and not in Denver, where many fans would surely boo Anthony, the former Nugget who forced a trade out of town.
The NBA schedule will be released Tuesday night, but unless there are last-minute changes, the Knicks won't be in Denver (except, of course, for a Knicks-Nuggets NBA Finals).
In the shortened regular season, the Nuggets (and all Western Conference teams) will play 48 of the 66 games against teams in the West and 18 against teams in the East (and vice versa). Teams will play only three teams from the other conference twice (one home, one away). They'll play six other teams from the
BLOG: NUGGETS INK

The Denver Post's Benjamin Hochman and Chris Dempsey post analysis, notes, video and more on this blog dedicated to the Denver Nuggets.

other conference at home and the six other teams on the road.
As for the 48 games within the conference, a team will play six teams four times (two home, two away), four teams three times (two home, one away) and the remaining four three times, but with one home and two away.
The NBA regular season will begin on Dec. 25, but it's likely that the Nuggets won't open until the day after. All teams will have at least one back-to-back-to-back scheduled. But no team will have more than three.

Read more: Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks not coming to Denver this season - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_19475383#ixzz1fingbVhO
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

ah well, thanks for Gallo and Chandler btw, we did what we usually would have done with him on the roster in last years playoffs, got a 1st round exit :laugh2:

but on a serious note, do u think that they will hate him less now that he will probably not play in denver until 2013 or so??

thoughts?

Mr Costanza
12-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Nugget forum?

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Forgive and forget. I actually wanted to see though.

nystandup
12-05-2011, 11:37 PM
damn i was actually looking foward to that

Mr Costanza
12-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Nothing will be like lebron in cleveland but it would have been entertaining. A lot of the steam will be lost waiting til 2012-13?

Cal827
12-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Meh, probably forgive and forget... yes, he did force their hand, but he played well, he didn't give up on the team (at least it didn't look like it), and he didn't trash the city or the organization. And at least he did warn the team of his intentions.

Bulls_fan90
12-05-2011, 11:49 PM
They got some good players off the Knicks. At least he didn't lie to the city and make his decision on national tv. Denver fans should be thankful.

nystandup
12-05-2011, 11:58 PM
the denver knicks should get a nice ovation. too bad chandler wont be there though

BallIsAll
12-06-2011, 12:00 AM
the denver knicks should get a nice ovation. too bad chandler wont be there though

If we sign thad young chandler wont be missed

Tebow15Time
12-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Nugget forum?

oh,srry,i thought because of the abundance of NYK Redraft and NYK cp3 threads that i cld clutter it with irrelevant information as well. guess only knick fans r allowed that privilege

Gram
12-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Nugget forum?

Yeah Mr. Costanza, the one thread about the Nuggets that we'll see in the NBA forum in a long time needs to be moved. :S

Punk
12-06-2011, 12:20 AM
...Nobody moved the Nuggets/Thad Young thread. Why are you all looking for attention? There is no reason to have a Nuggets thread in the General Board unless they were going for CP3 or Dwight Howard right now.

Anyways, I was really looking forward to the visit in Denver. I find the thread title hilarious when Melo would have probably dropped 50 and the Knicks would have won by 40 just like Amare's return to Phoenix.

Chronz
12-06-2011, 12:20 AM
They got some good players off the Knicks. At least he didn't lie to the city and make his decision on national tv. Denver fans should be thankful.

Lie?

But yea, its much better to leave before your contract ends, especially when your leaving a good team for a worse one.

Rocco Gandolfo
12-06-2011, 12:25 AM
This poll makes no sense. There should be a "YES" the fans will hate him option

BallIsAll
12-06-2011, 12:25 AM
...Nobody moved the Nuggets/Thad Young thread. Why are you all looking for attention? There is no reason to have a Nuggets thread in the General Board unless they were going for CP3 or Dwight Howard right now.

Anyways, I was really looking forward to the visit in Denver. I find the thread title hilarious when Melo would have probably dropped 50 and the Knicks would have won by 40 just like Amare's return to Phoenix.

the same way the nuggets got better and the knicks got worse after the trade :facepalm:

Tebow15Time
12-06-2011, 12:26 AM

lol,if i were u, i wld be more interested in melo dropping 50 in a playoff game. maybe he wld get out of the first round more than once with a performance like that.

i cant wait till stoudemires knees give out this year,he started wearing pads after the allstar break

atleast the amnesty clause wld be available tho,so u can start clearing space for rose nd durant in 2016, nd pray for them to save the knicks franchize

Slimsim
12-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Well Denver traded a overrated player and got some good young promising players. Denver should thank NY

ClippersE.G
12-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Nothing will be like lebron in cleveland but it would have been entertaining. A lot of the steam will be lost waiting til 2012-13?

You complain, then you respond. Why reply in the first place? Reading all these Buzz Killington replies people post made makes me miss the NBA even more

Kashmir13579
12-06-2011, 01:22 AM
lol,if i were u, i wld be more interested in melo dropping 50 in a playoff game. maybe he wld get out of the first round more than once with a performance like that.

i cant wait till stoudemires knees give out this year,he started wearing pads after the allstar break

atleast the amnesty clause wld be available tho,so u can start clearing space for rose nd durant in 2016, nd pray for them to save the knicks franchize

obvious troll.

BallIsAll
12-06-2011, 01:48 AM
obvious troll.

no this is an obvious troll.

MackShock
12-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Not really a big deal..Nuggets will likely not make the playoffs after losing Wilson Chandler, JR Smith, and Kenyon Martin to China. This will make Nuggets fans extra mad next year..

Bulls_fan90
12-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Lie?

But yea, its much better to leave before your contract ends, especially when your leaving a good team for a worse one.

ďI got a goal, and itís a huge goal, and thatís to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I wonít stop until I get it.Ē - LeBron James

But yeah I agree. Both sides did really well out of the Melo trade IMO.

AllBall
12-06-2011, 03:25 AM
Where the F is the Yes, option?

Yes, they will boo him. Have to wait for another season though...

JEDean89
12-06-2011, 03:44 AM
im a nuggets and a knicks fan and i think both teams became more exciting after the trade, and that it is one of those rare trades that really works well for both sides.

Mudvayne91
12-06-2011, 03:46 AM

Last time I checked, there's no rules disallowing more than one thread about the Nuggets that doesn't involve Paul or Howard in the general NBA forum. When I don't have any interest in a thread or I don't feel it's thread worthy, I don't post in it. I don't go in there trying to cause problems and pick fights.

Not really a big deal..Nuggets will likely not make the playoffs after losing Wilson Chandler, JR Smith, and Kenyon Martin to China. This will make Nuggets fans extra mad next year..

I guess if they made no roster moves what so ever, I'd agree. UFA, UFA and RFA in Chandler. Not to mention, I believe they have the most cap room and have to spend at least 85% of it. Also, the Nuggets could get Chandler back in March, I think. Not that I think he'll make or break the team, but just saying.

Quote me if you want. Barring multiple injuries, the Denver Nuggets will make the playoffs this year.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Very unfortunate. Melo woulda dropped 50

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-06-2011, 03:55 AM
the same way the nuggets got better and the knicks got worse after the trade :facepalm:

If the trade would have never gone down. Melo's Nugget's woulda beat the Thunder in the playoffs.

Mudvayne91
12-06-2011, 04:02 AM
IDK about that one. We're speaking about virtually the same Melo's Nuggets that got beat 4-2 by the Jazz in 2010? OKC last year is much better than the Jazz of two seasons ago imo.

It's all speculation though, so nothing really can be proven one way or the other.

BallIsAll
12-06-2011, 04:13 AM
If the trade would have never gone down. Melo's Nugget's woulda beat the Thunder in the playoffs.

The same melos nuggets that got kicked in the *** for early exits like 5 years in a row?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-06-2011, 04:17 AM
IDK about that one. We're speaking about virtually the same Melo's Nuggets that got beat 4-2 by the Jazz in 2010? OKC last year is much better than the Jazz of two seasons ago imo.

It's all speculation though, so nothing really can be proven one way or the other.

Just bad matchups IMO for the Thunder. The Jazz always played the Nugget's tuff and macthed up well. No excuse, Denver should have still won that series. But the Thunder overall did not match up well against Melo's Nuggets.

BallIsAll
12-06-2011, 04:18 AM
Just bad matchups IMO for the Thunder. The Jazz always played the Nugget's tuff and macthed up well. No excuse, Denver should have still won that series. But the Thunder overall did not match up well against Melo's Nuggets.

your right about that melo always had durants number when they matched up.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-06-2011, 04:19 AM
The same melos nuggets that got kicked in the *** for early exits like 5 years in a row?

Uhmm no... Melo's Nugget's last year wasn't the same as they were in 2003. Look up the regular season match up's on yahoo.com and look how many times Denver beat OKC. Look @ the monster games Melo had. Cmon bro, put your hate for Melo aside and let's be real... You know damn well Denver had OKC's number when Melo was there.

Mudvayne91
12-06-2011, 04:19 AM

I think that's a fair argument. I'm still not convinced, but I definitely think it's a valid point.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-06-2011, 04:23 AM
your right about that melo always had durants number when they matched up.

See what I'm sayin... Yeah, Ibaka and Harden stepped up they're games but still wouldn't have been enough the starting lineup of Chauncey, AAA, Melo, K and Nene was serious and would have taken out OKC in a good series 5 games.

BallIsAll
12-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Uhmm no... Melo's Nugget's last year wasn't the same as they were in 2003. Look up the regular season match up's on yahoo.com and look how many times Denver beat OKC. Look @ the monster games Melo had. Cmon bro, put your hate for Melo aside and let's be real... You know damn well Denver had OKC's number when Melo was there.

read the post above this one.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-06-2011, 04:25 AM
I think that's a fair argument. I'm still not convinced, but I definitely think it's a valid point.

Yeah, like you said... we'll never know. Just food for thought. From the time Melo was a rookie and haven't missed many Nugget's games and all the first round defeats were honestly justified, if you look @ the competition. Oh well...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-06-2011, 04:26 AM
read the post above this one.

I read it after I posted that. My baad.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Woulda been pretty cool to watch though. Oh well times are different now, I'm sure y'all are happy with the Denver squad. I'm happy with Melo in New York.

I still have a ton of respect for them boys on in Mile High though as well as some of the people in the Nuggs forum... Kenyon, JR, are still two of my favorites. Wish both were on the Knicks lol. It was fun watchin Ty develop and Afflalo too, who I think is one of the most underrated players in the L. Nene's on his way out it seems like.

Tebow15Time
12-06-2011, 08:53 AM

not rlly, id rather miss the playoffs nd get a chance at a pick then take another 1st round exit

nyKnicks126
12-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Cool story, if you guys wanted him out anyway... then why the hate?