PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Celtics & Mavericks willing to "loan" CP3 for a season

Tebow15Time
12-05-2011, 09:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7320941/chris-paul-new-orleans-hornets-traded-season-sources-say

There is also a small handful of teams that has informed the Hornets they are prepared to trade for Paul with no assurance that they can keep him beyond this season. That list, sources say, includes the Rockets, Boston Celtics and defending champion Dallas Mavericks.

Each of those teams would be gambling that Paul would be won over by his new surroundings and either elect to play out the final season of his current contract (valued at $17.8 million in 2012-13) or opt out of his contract on July 1, 2012, and sign a new deal. Paul's 2011-12 salary is listed at $16.4 million.

Boston would appear to have the most to offer in such a scenario if the Celtics are willing to include point guard Rajon Rondo, but sources say that the Hornets are convinced that they can receive more from any of the so-called gambling teams than from the Knicks, who are widely regarded as Paul's No. 1 preferred destination.

sixer04fan
12-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Wow, Houston? I guess they could put together the best package for a trade, but they'd have to get another star or two to put around him to convince him to stay. I mean, Scola and Kmart are great players, but they might have to give up one of those two in the deal, and of not, it still might not be enough to convince Paul to sign an extension.

LTBaByyy
12-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Doubt we will get him, just like Howard is willing to come to Dallas too

Of course I would LOVE to have them, but we have nothing to trade and our draft picks mean nothing

goNYgoNYgo
12-05-2011, 09:40 PM
wtf, celics are willing to gamble rondo away like that....i think its foolish, but i hope it happens. this way he doesn't end up with the lakers or dwight, so the knicks can just sign him as a fa.

29$JerZ
12-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Don't understand Dallas
Celtics are fooling themselves. It's been clear they have wanted Rondo gone, I doubt he is a welcomed player in a trade as the centerpiece despite his skills.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 09:41 PM
hornets need to trade him on dec 9th to the bobcats for kemba walker or to the bucks for jennings. paul deserves nothing but to have an awful season.

THE MTL
12-05-2011, 09:42 PM
I dont believe this source.

Celtics willing to gamble away Rondo for CP3 "loan". THATS ********!....but something even more ******** is the Mavericks willing to trade assets that WON A CHAMPIONSHIP for a CP3 rental.

Source is fake.

marj987
12-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Fail! Why would anyone loan Cp3? Lmfao. I'm starting to not look foward to this season.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 09:45 PM
if you cant win a ring let alone be a bit successful in the playoffs without going to a team with a whole bunch of star players you shouldnt be considered a super star.

Melo - not a superstar
Amare - def not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Bosh - hardly even a star
Lebron - was a superstar no longer a superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Celtics big 3 - none were superstars
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - allstar

JeffG20
12-05-2011, 09:46 PM
hope Boston will bite on this. im not a big rondo fan but id rather have him then anything New York has.

Mr Costanza
12-05-2011, 09:47 PM
After all this Rondo talk the Celtics are gonna have to trade him. Kinda reminds me of the Cutler deal with the Broncos.

$KnicksAndKobe$
Celtics trading Rondo for a one year rental makes no sense what's so ever. This "gamble" is completely foolish.
What can Dallas offer for a rental?
Houston? No.

29$JerZ
if you cant win a ring let alone be a bit successful in the playoffs without going to a team with a whole bunch of star players you shouldnt be considered a super star.

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - superstar

LeBron and Paul are not superstars but Deron Williams is?
That's just not true

JeffG20
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Boston makes the most sense because they only have a 2 year window to win it all with the big 3. why not add Paul for a year and try and win another. they will be rebuilding in a couple of years anyway

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
That's just not true

Lebron was a superstar but he no longer is..
Williams was a mistake..
Paul is def not a superstar he cant even get to the playoffs by himself.

sep11ie
12-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Man, I hope the Rockets don't do this. They have cap room and a mini C.P.3 in Lowry.

JeffG20
12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Williams was a mistake..

he was just there last year genious...is this Shaq?

29$JerZ
12-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Williams was a mistake..

So because you say a 2 time MVP and a man who just went to the finals is no longer a superstar makes it true? That's just silly.

Deron was a mistake? Don't get that.

Did you not watch the playoffs and watch Paul singlehandedly carry his team against the Lakers in the playoffs. He's been to the playoffs..

Mr Costanza
12-05-2011, 09:52 PM

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - superstar

Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

lavilevi23
12-05-2011, 09:53 PM
]Lebron was a superstar but he no longer is[/B]..
Williams was a mistake..

How is arguably the best basketball player in the world not a superstar? lol if he's not than who is? idiot

Knicks21
12-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Its a smoke screen, trying to get NYK to offer more.

Pootamis91
12-05-2011, 09:55 PM
well to help everyone out the if the Celtics were to trade for Paul they would potentially be in the same situation as the heat were a year ago. Getting rid of Rondo's contract,KG and Allen are FA's, they would dump Paul somewhere for cap help. They could sign Paul and Howard and build a team around them if they wanted to.

n83417
Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A simple "NO!" would have been just fine...

JeffG20
Its a smoke screen, trying to get NYK to offer more.

you cant offer more if you dont have it

Knicks21
12-05-2011, 09:56 PM

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - superstar
failpost

llemon
12-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Fail! Why would anyone loan Cp3? Lmfao. I'm starting to not look foward to this season.

To try and win a Title?

Knicks21
12-05-2011, 09:57 PM
you cant offer more if you dont have it

So what was the previous offer then? I can guarantee you it wasn't much, as Paul is not fluffing around like Melo was.

Mr Costanza
12-05-2011, 09:59 PM
So what was the previous offer then einstein. I can guarantee you it wasn't much, as Paul is not fluffing around like Melo is.

Did the knicks make an offer?

oak2455
12-05-2011, 10:00 PM

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Lebron - was a superstar no longer a superstarPaul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - superstar
Your job lets you smoke pot:confused:

jrm2054

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - superstar
your aware Kobe had tons of help with shaq, Gasol, Bynum etc

Durant has Westbrook and Williams isn't a superstar by your standards what has he done.

Also Melo lead the Nuggets to the west finals a few years ago by himself?

JeffG20
So what was the previous offer then einstein. I can guarantee you it wasn't much, as Paul is not fluffing around like Melo is.

landry fields and a bunch of D-leagues?

nothing New York can offer will be acceptable... especially when a couple of teams just said they would take a rental. how are you people not getting this

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 10:01 PM
I like how you guys attack me because of my post. I not once called anyone on this site an idiot. This is a "forum" not a fact column full of reporters. That is my opinion. If I was considered a superstar I wouldnt want to go to someone elses team to win a championship. Hell I wouldnt even want another superstar to join me. Id like an all star to help like kobe has gasol but if I was kobe I wouldnt want Lebron on my team. All these players are scrubs. KD is a real superstar he makes his team better. He carries his team. GTFOH if you think lebron is the best player in the nba. Hes a freakishly athletic player and he has great skills but there is no way your the best player in the nba if you need the 3rd best player in the nba to win a championship, its illogical.

Bang Bros89
So what was the previous offer then einstein. I can guarantee you it wasn't much, as Paul is not fluffing around like Melo was.

The Knicks previous offer could've been everything they had, and the Hornets still wouldn't be interested (if the Celtics are dumb enough to give up Rondo, or if Clippers offer Eric Gordon, etc.)

And I've convinced myself that the Knicks pieces aren't as bad as other fans say

Knicks21
Are the celtics really that stupid to potentially give away Rondo?

oak2455

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Knicks21
12-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Did the knicks make an offer?

I don't know i am asking him.

last stand
12-05-2011, 10:02 PM
and the mavs are gonna offer up that all star package they had for dwight for paul to.

lol stop trying mavs your roster is old with no young talent whatsoever

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
None of those teams can offer potential future franchise players, I don't get what NOH is thinking.

JeffG20
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
I like how you guys attack me because of my post. I not once called anyone on this site an idiot. This is a "forum" not a fact column full of reporters. That is my opinion. If I was considered a superstar I wouldnt want to go to someone elses team to win a championship. Hell I wouldnt even want another superstar to join me. Id like an all star to help like kobe has gasol but if I was kobe I wouldnt want Lebron on my team. All these players are scrubs. KD is a real superstar he makes his team better. He carries his team. GTFOH if you think lebron is the best player in the nba. Hes a freakishly athletic player and he has great skills but there is no way your the best player in the nba if you need the 3rd best player in the nba to win a championship, its illogical.

your certainly entitled to your opinion. but when you call the best NBA player a non-superstar (lebron) and when you question Pauls ability to make the playoffs (he's done it multiple times and just as recent as last season) it makes it quite laugable

JeffG20
12-05-2011, 10:04 PM
None of those teams can offer potential future franchise players, I don't get what NOH is thinking.

Pauls leaving anyway, need something in return

justinnum1

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - superstar
You consider williams a superstar but not paul or lebron? :facepalm:

BallIsAll
A simple "NO!" would have been just fine...

Thanks i guess most people on this site are uneducated.

Your job lets you smoke pot:confused:

No they dont.

your aware Kobe had tons of help with shaq, Gasol, Bynum etc

Durant has Westbrook and Williams isn't a superstar by your standards what has he done.

Also Melo lead the Nuggets to the west finals a few years ago by himself?

1. Gasol isnt a superstar. Kobe has won without shaq. Bynum has hardly even played.

2. Westbrook isnt a superstar.

3. Williams being on that list was a mistake of mine.

4. Melo didnt get out of the first round until billups was traded for.

JeffG20
12-05-2011, 10:06 PM
I don't know i am asking him.

nothing official but looking at the roster there is nothing they want because if thats the case he'd be a knick right now or whenever trades are allowed lol

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 10:06 PM
your certainly entitled to your opinion. but when you call the best NBA player a non-superstar (lebron) and when you question Pauls ability to make the playoffs (he's done it multiple times and just as recent as last season) it makes it quite laugable

Dont get me wrong, lebron was amazing by himself. He even got to the finals. He was a superstar but being a superstar also comes with the mindset and he doesnt have that superstar mindset.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Pauls leaving anyway, need something in return

I guess Orlando and NOH's vision for the future is different. Orlando looking for a replacement future franchise guy in place of Howard while NOH is totally rebuilding looking to get the best offer possible (franchise guy or no franchise guy).

JeffG20
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Dont get me wrong, lebron was amazing by himself. He even got to the finals. He was a superstar but being a superstar also comes with the mindset and he doesnt have that superstar mindset.

i wont even fight you on this, i agree

Mr Costanza
Thanks i guess most people on this site are uneducated.

Lol he was finishing the quote...

scaramantula
i agree with lebron not being a true superstar, a true superstar wouldnt have went and teamed up with wade, he would have resigned or went to a team where he could be the center piece of the team, like NY or something.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Lol he was finishing the quote...

I honestly dont care, most people on this site are uneducated.

J4KOP99
I have not read through this whole thread, but are the Celtics willing to give up Rondo to "rent" Paul? I just cannot see that happening.

Also, what the hell are the Mavs gonna give up?

iggypop123
OP should really change the title to rent not loan. its not like they are gonna get the person they trade back.

JeffG20
12-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I guess Orlando and NOH's vision for the future is different. Orlando looking for a replacement future franchise guy in place of Howard while NOH is totally rebuilding looking to get the best offer possible (franchise guy or no franchise guy).

what the hell are they supposed to do? Paul wont sign an extension with anybody but new york so that takes out most good offers they get. so that leaves a couple of crazy teams they can deal him to.

GS
LAC
BOS
DAL
HOU

thats the only teams willing to take a rental. so the Hornets cant do much.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 10:14 PM
i agree with lebron not being a true superstar, a true superstar wouldnt have went and teamed up with wade, he would have resigned or went to a team where he could be the center piece of the team, like NY or something.

Exactly why continue someone else legacy? He could have gone to NY and they could have easily gotten pieces for him to compete. He hid under Dwade throughout the whole Dallas series does a superstar do that? He prefers to give the ball up instead of taking the clutch shot thats the moment a superstar thrives in.

scaramantula
12-05-2011, 10:16 PM
I have not read through this whole thread, but are the Celtics willing to give up Rondo to "rent" Paul? I just cannot see that happening.

Also, what the hell are the Mavs gonna give up?

think of it this way when the boston big three are done who would you rather have to rebuild with, CP3 or rondo, i think boston is willing to take that chance, also gives them a better shot at the title in the shortened season

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-05-2011, 10:16 PM
what the hell are they supposed to do? Paul wont sign an extension with anybody but new york so that takes out most good offers they get. so that leaves a couple of crazy teams they can deal him to.

GS
LAC
BOS
DAL
HOU

thats the only teams willing to take a rental. so the Hornets cant do much.

Yeah, NOH is in as tough of a position as Orlando. I actually feel bad for both franchises.

Tricky thing here is that the NBA owns NOH, so we'll see what kind of deal Stern and all those guys allow for Paul.

Evolution23
12-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Williams was a mistake..

:facepalm: He won 2 games single handedly against the Lakers.

JeffG20
12-05-2011, 10:19 PM
finding an owner will be a *****. a Paul-less Hornets is a tough sell lol

JeffG20
12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
i still think a deal with GS sets us up quite nicely for the future :)

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
:facepalm: He won 2 games single handedly against the Lakers.

A series is the first to 4 games. If i owe court 40k and show up with 20k im going to jail.

Bubba313
12-05-2011, 10:22 PM
A series is the first to 4 games. If i owe court 40k and show up with 20k im going to jail.

Not necessarily...

Mr Costanza
12-05-2011, 10:23 PM

Then by all means, go post on a site with people who are more on your intellectual level. :rolleyes:

n83417
12-05-2011, 10:24 PM

Well, considering 99% of conversation on this site is opinion anyway, being "educated" probably won't get you anywhere. Especially concerning the labeling of players as a "star/superstar" etc... That is strictly opinion.

rickshaw
12-05-2011, 10:27 PM

http://oi42.tinypic.com/55klua.jpg

GodsSon
12-05-2011, 10:31 PM

Celtics willing to gamble away Rondo for CP3 "loan". THATS ********!....but something even more ******** is the Mavericks willing to trade assets that WON A CHAMPIONSHIP for a CP3 rental.

Source is fake.

But the source saying he wanted to go to the Knicks is real, right?

Evolution23
12-05-2011, 10:43 PM
i think he's just mad cuz the knicks got melo.. and cp3 is next, poor ole nuggest fan. hope you like 4-7 years of failure:punish:

That ain't right

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Then by all means, go post on a site with people who are more on your intellectual level. :rolleyes:

I actually enjoy some of the people on this sites posts and quite frankly your not one of them.

Well, considering 99% of conversation on this site is opinion anyway, being "educated" probably won't get you anywhere. Especially concerning the labeling of players as a "star/superstar" etc... That is strictly opinion.

I agree.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/55klua.jpg

ok?

i think he's just mad cuz the knicks got melo.. and cp3 is next, poor ole nuggest fan. hope you like 4-7 years of failure:punish:

Nah im not mad if you look at my old posts ive actually been rooting to get rid of melo no defense = never get a ring which is why hes not a superstar hes a dynamic scorer thats all. and if you guys dont manage to get cp3 you guys will most likely be first round exits till you rid yourselves of you 2 "superstars"

Avenged
12-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Chris Paul is just too good, you won't get equal value in return. Same goes with Dwight.

I can see the Mavs and Celtics taking a risk because of their superstars age but the Rockets? That's a surprise to me.

Sportfan
12-05-2011, 10:48 PM
:clap: Ainge making the correct decision. Take the risk, win the title and leave the chance that he may return and be a hero in Boston, or he leaves, amnesty pierce get a couple lotto picks and $$$ to spend, and they'll be contenders again in 5 years time

J4KOP99
12-05-2011, 10:50 PM
So what is Boston's sale's pitch? Hey Chris, come to Boston for one year, we may win the title, we may not. However, after this year, once Ray and KG are gone, you can be apart of our rebuilding stage!

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 10:52 PM
dupppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Nyc4You
12-05-2011, 10:53 PM
That ain't right

when you start down grading players with no judgmental facts... that aint right. Although wat i said was kinda harsh:shrug:

PAOboston
12-05-2011, 10:53 PM
you know what? danny ainge is crazy enough that he'd actually pull the trigger on that even without an extension in place. he knows the window is closing and is probably willing to go all in for one last hurrah at banner #18. it's all about the big 3.

this is the way i look at it: cp3 gives the c's and the big a better shot at winning it this year. for all the good things rondo does, he cant shoot/carry the scoring load. that's why the c's ultimately failed last year: b/c the big 3 couldnt carry the scoring load deep into the playoffs after a long season. they needed some help and got none from rondo/rest of team. with cp3, teams wont sag off like they do rondo. cp3 can actually shoot jumpers/ft's and carry the scoring load easing the pressure of the big 3.

as far as the end of the season, the c's would only have pierce under contract and the bird rights to cp3 (could offer him most $$$ per year in a deal) and a **** ton of cap space. could that maybe be enticing enough to land howard too? possibly. and if the c's end up losing cp3 at the end of the season and strike out on howard, they could go into rebuilding mode. chances are, even with rondo, they'd probably be a lottery team and rebuilding anyways why not take a gamble and see if you strike gold. i mean, the allen/kg deals came outta no where. maybe ainge can pull it off. i doubt it. but i can see the possible logic behind it.

KnicksR4Real
12-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Hey that's good for us. Go for it!

Nyc4You
12-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Hey that's good for us. Go for it!

u actually "charge" cash for your sigs?

nystandup
12-05-2011, 10:56 PM
this is an interesting scenario

Corey
12-05-2011, 10:56 PM
So what is Boston's sale's pitch? Hey Chris, come to Boston for one year, we may win the title, we may not. However, after this year, once Ray and KG are gone, you can be apart of our rebuilding stage!

They dont need a sales pitch, they'd take him as a one year rental because it helps their chances THIS year.

Avenged
12-05-2011, 10:59 PM
The Celtics mustn't be too high on Rondo anymore for them to take a risk like this. At least not high in regards of him being the #1 guy on a team.

Sactown
12-05-2011, 11:02 PM
I think he might actually resign with Boston, but I think Houston would lose him after they gut their team for him, Dallas if they repeat would probably be able to retain him as well, if he's traded to these teams do they get his bird rights? so they would be able to sign him for as much as NOH?

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 11:02 PM
If i was paul i would go to the celtics.. why not? they swept the team he wants to go to in the first round of the playoffs last year.

Bang Bros89
12-05-2011, 11:04 PM
If i was paul i would go to the celtics.. why not? they swept the team he wants to go to in the first round of the playoffs last year.

Yea they swept Melo Anthony and Jared Jeffries, b/c the Knicks were close to full strength

I should also add, the Celtics Big 3 era is almost done, Paul would end up being on a team with 3 35+ years olds and what?

Mr Costanza
12-05-2011, 11:05 PM
when you start down grading players with no judgmental facts... that aint right. Although wat i said was kinda harsh:shrug:

The kid is a clown. Dont feel bad :cool:

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Yea they swept Melo Anthony and Jared Jeffries, b/c the Knicks were close to full strength

they swept melo amare billups and a bunch of scrubs which is what the knicks is

JordansBulls
12-05-2011, 11:06 PM

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - allstar

Is this some type of sick joke?

Sportfan
12-05-2011, 11:07 PM
We got you a title. That's all he needs

Mr Costanza

Its not a joke. He is "educated."

BallIsAll
The kid is a clown. Dont feel bad :cool:

Im not a kid nor a clown. Anyone who adds smiley faces to every post is a kid. Ive never seen a grown man/woman add smiley faces to every post.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 11:09 PM

Its not a joke. He is "educated."

No its an opinion and yes I am educated and you seem to have a problem with that.

nystandup
12-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - allstar

HAHAHAHAHAHA...What a joke of a post....and you expect people to take your opinions seriously after that ridiculous statement

NYsFinest
12-05-2011, 11:13 PM
they swept melo amare billups and a bunch of scrubs which is what the knicks is

Clearly did not watch the series...

The only time they "beat them at full strength" was in game 1 when they needed a few dirty screens to win...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtSiWpO9oZY

Games 2-4 the Knicks didnt have Amar'e or Billups and had zero depth. Paul or no Paul they will add some solid bench players before this Christmas, and with Boston being a year older, I fully expect the Knicks to be the better team.

Mr Costanza
12-05-2011, 11:13 PM
im not a kid nor a clown. Anyone who adds smiley faces to every post is a kid. Ive never seen a grown man/woman add smiley faces to every post.

:d

310Casper
12-05-2011, 11:14 PM

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - allstar

Yea man, Lebron is not a superstar.

:facepalm:

Spiderman 1nner
12-05-2011, 11:15 PM

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - allstar

Melo if you can get him to play defense, he is definitely a superstar, one of the best players in the fourth quarter and one of the most clutch.

Amare proved he can carry a team the first half of the season, melo being there cut into his production and they never found a way to coexist.

Lebron is a superstar, he's the best prototypical player ever to play, fills every category on the stat sheet and he carried that team until the finals. He did it in the fourth quarter all season and against the Celtics in the eastern conference finals. He let Dwayne wade make him look small in game three of the finals and put forth a half effort the rest of the finals. Lebron carried the cavs all those years and how bad they were this year is evidence enuff that he is a superstar.

Paul put up arguably the best statistical season ever a few years ago. The second best player on that team is David west and he's nothing without Paul. without Paul that team is one of the worst teams in the league. You can say he never got past the first round but you know what, neither did Kobe without Shaq or pau and nobody is going to argue he's not a superstar.

Bostons big three, kg brought the twolves to the conference finals with Sam Cassell and latrell sprewell, not even all star caliber players. You can't blame him for competing against two dynasties in the spurs and the lakers pretty much single handedly. Pierce never had any help in Boston and got them to the conference finals several times. Ray Allen had Gary Payton at the end of his career, after that, nobody, it's relly hard to gauge ray allens career but given the level he's playing at at his age you can make a case for him

Deron Williams, tell the Turkish team he's not a superstar. He put up 52! He plays great defense, he's clutch, he makes his teammates better than they are and look at the nets record after they acquired him compared to before he got there. Who else is on that team? Look at the level of competition in the west and compare the jazz to everyone else and tell me that team wasn't what it was because of him. even without boozer last year, he kept the jazz competitive, o yea and how's boozer looking in Chicago without dwill, not so good rite?

If your going to make these statements, then have the evidence to state your case.

Mr Costanza
12-05-2011, 11:16 PM
i think clown is the correct term.....

But no smiley face, ok?

Sactown
12-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I'd be very surprised to see him in a NYK jersey anytime soon

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Clearly did not watch the series...

The only time they "beat them at full strength" was in game 1 when they needed a dirty screen to win...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOs20LEVe6w

Games 2-4 the Knicks didnt have Amar'e or Billups and had zero depth. Paul or no Paul they will add some solid bench players before this Christmas, and with Boston being a year older, I fully expect the Knicks to be the better team.

Actually i didnt watch it i knew the outcome. The knicks are many pieces away from a championship.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...What a joke of a post....and you expect people to take your opinions seriously after that ridiculous statement

I dont mind if people disagree with them but I will not call them idiots. If you dont agree say I dont agree and state your opinion or keep it moving.

You my friend, are the definition of a bafoon

You can even spell Buffoon, case closed.

Yea man, Lebron is not a superstar.

IMO hes not you might think otherwise, good for you. I sure wouldnt mind my "superstar" passing the ball in crunch time.

nystandup
12-05-2011, 11:18 PM
I'd be very surprised to see him in a NYK jersey anytime soon

tell us something we dont know...

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Lol coming from someone with 5 in her sig.

HIS sig and a sig is a sig not a post.

Crackadalic
12-05-2011, 11:21 PM

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - allstar

Your entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean your opinion is right. Also people's terms of whats a superstar is different so in a way your right and wrong at the same time just like everyone else on this form that gives out there opinion without any facts to back it up

97NYer
12-05-2011, 11:21 PM
well to help everyone out the if the Celtics were to trade for Paul they would potentially be in the same situation as the heat were a year ago. Getting rid of Rondo's contract,KG and Allen are FA's, they would dump Paul somewhere for cap help. They could sign Paul and Howard and build a team around them if they wanted to.

Never thought of this, and it's a great point. The Hornets won't be able to get a better player than Rondo, and could possibly make the Celtics take back Okafor's contract.

Paul
Okafor

for either

Rondo/KG/First/Cash
or
Rondo/Allen/JO/First/Cash

Celts Amnesty Okafor after the season and have enough cap to target Dwight in the offseason.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Melo if you can get him to play defense, he is definitely a superstar, one of the best players in the fourth quarter and one of the most clutch.

Amare proved he can carry a team the first half of the season, melo being there cut into his production and they never found a way to coexist.

Lebron is a superstar, he's the best prototypical player ever to play, fills every category on the stat sheet and he carried that team until the finals. He did it in the fourth quarter all season and against the Celtics in the eastern conference finals. He let Dwayne wade make him look small in game three of the finals and put forth a half effort the rest of the finals. Lebron carried the cavs all those years and how bad they were this year is evidence enuff that he is a superstar.

Paul put up arguably the best statistical season ever a few years ago. The second best player on that team is David west and he's nothing without Paul. without Paul that team is one of the worst teams in the league. You can say he never got past the first round but you know what, neither did Kobe without Shaq or pau and nobody is going to argue he's not a superstar.

Bostons big three, kg brought the twolves to the conference finals with Sam Cassell and latrell sprewell, not even all star caliber players. You can't blame him for competing against two dynasties in the spurs and the lakers pretty much single handedly. Pierce never had any help in Boston and got them to the conference finals several times. Ray Allen had Gary Payton at the end of his career, after that, nobody, it's relly hard to gauge ray allens career but given the level he's playing at at his age you can make a case for him

Deron Williams, tell the Turkish team he's not a superstar. He put up 52! He plays great defense, he's clutch, he makes his teammates better than they are and look at the nets record after they acquired him compared to before he got there. Who else is on that team? Look at the level of competition in the west and compare the jazz to everyone else and tell me that team wasn't what it was because of him. even without boozer last year, he kept the jazz competitive, o yea and how's boozer looking in Chicago without dwill, not so good rite?

If your going to make these statements, then have the evidence to state your case.

Carmelo is defense away from being a superstar you said it yourself.

Amare will never carry a team to the finals.

Lebron doesnt have the right mindset.

Pauls stats dont win games.

No one from the big 3 are superstars. Closest one is KG.

Im not in turkey so I couldnt care less what his old turkish club thinks of him.

sixer04fan
12-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Williams was a mistake..

nystandup
12-05-2011, 11:25 PM
amare might not be a "super star" but he is definitely a star

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 11:26 PM
While i agree i dont think its necessary to call her names.

Again HIM, if your doing it intentionally. Grow up, it isnt funny.

nystandup
pauls stats actually do win games. he took NO to the playoffs basically by himself

BallIsAll
amare might not be a "super star" but he is definitely a star

I never said these players werent stars. I said most of them I wouldnt consider superstars. I agree he is a star, hes a great player.

Mr Costanza
12-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Again HIM, if your doing it intentionally. Grow up, it isnt funny.

It is for an uneducated child who likes smiley faces:clap:

BallIsAll
pauls stats actually do win games. he took NO to the playoffs basically by himself

Ok, your right about that he did.

nolafan33
Golden State would be willing to try the rental also.

That's who's been discussed here the most in New Orleans, second team being the Clippers who are way behind in second.

PAOboston
Never thought of this, and it's a great point. The Hornets won't be able to get a better player than Rondo, and could possibly make the Celtics take back Okafor's contract.

Paul
Okafor

for either

Rondo/KG/First/Cash
or

Celts Amnesty Okafor after the season and have enough cap to target Dwight in the offseason.
the c's arent trading any of the big 3 for cp3. if they trade for cp3, it's to make a final push for one more championship with the big 3.

nystandup
12-05-2011, 11:31 PM
you sir areeee CORRECT!

nystandup
12-05-2011, 11:47 PM
so who's the first free agent to get signed? can they get signed yet

Sportfan
12-05-2011, 11:49 PM
so who's the first free agent to get signed? can they get signed yet
4 more days

nystandup
12-05-2011, 11:50 PM
4 more days

thanks. should be a big day

SugeKnight
12-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Celtics are smart. Rondo minus the Big 3 is a fringe playoff team at best in the east, but if they trade for paul, they get one more chance at a title. If paul stays, maybe they sign howard and become a powerhouse. If paul leaves, they will suck soo bad that they will end up drafting a superstar anyway. Very smart

Corey
12-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Celtics are smart. Rondo minus the Big 3 is a fringe playoff team at best in the east, but if they trade for paul, they get one more chance at a title. If paul stays, maybe they sign howard and become a powerhouse. If paul leaves, they will suck soo bad that they will end up drafting a superstar anyway. Very smart
Exactly. If he leaves, the only player under contract would be Pierce...and they could trade him for picks to a contender.

Start from scratch through the draft ala Portland and OKC.

I love it.

avrpatsfan
12-06-2011, 12:05 AM
This would be a great move, contrary to what some Knick fans have been saying. They're just mad that there's a chance that we could convince him to stay. (plus the Knicks won't be able to offer him a max contract in free agency)

nystandup
12-06-2011, 12:09 AM
its definitely possible

samevans7
12-06-2011, 12:14 AM

Paul
Okafor

for either

Rondo/KG/First/Cash
or

KG and Allen expire.....

To maximize cash, we let Ray and KG walk and amnesty Pierce
Thats 3 Max FA deals (1 for CP3 and 2 others)

But there is a 0% chance Celtics trade their 1st rounder if CP3 doesnt sign an extension

waveycrockett
12-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Williams was a mistake..

So who got them to the playoffs like year? Marco Bellinelli? Have a seat

scaramantula
12-06-2011, 12:25 AM
people gotta realize its more than how good you are or how you fill out the stats sheet that make you a superstar, its about how you conduct yourself as a player as well, so is lebron a great player, absolutely, no doubt about it, one of the best ever, but is he a superstar? absolutely not.

J4KOP99
12-06-2011, 12:27 AM
They dont need a sales pitch, they'd take him as a one year rental because it helps their chances THIS year.

And then what if he doesn't come back? You're willing to just let Rondo leave in hopes that chris paul can get you a title this year?

Seems really short-sighted. I understand KG and co. are on their last legs but there still is a group of solid young players on that roster. I think this would be borderline idiotic for Danny Ainge to send Rondo in a 1 year rental of CP.

--This all goes down the drain if Ainge somehow knows that Paul would be willing to stay in Boston though... However, as of now, nothing is pointing in that direction.

BallIsAll
12-06-2011, 12:28 AM
So who got them to the playoffs like year? Marco Bellinelli? Have a seat

I already said i was wrong about this. Relax and breath

people gotta realize its more than how good you are or how you fill out the stats sheet that make you a superstar, its about how you conduct yourself as a player as well, so is lebron a great player, absolutely, no doubt about it, one of the best ever, but is he a superstar? absolutely not.

Thats what ive been trying to say

samevans7
12-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Rondo wont do jack **** with the Big 3 gone.

He is too scared to take a jumpshot in games, when nobody is guarding him.

We suck with Rondo or without CP3 in a couple years, why not take another shot at the ring

Punk
12-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Yeah...Nobody is renting Chris Paul. More fake hustle.

Like Dallas, Houston, NJ was willing to rent Melo? Not happening. Especially when he is not looking to stay and what happens if Boston trades Rondo, Paul leaves Boston signs with NY and pretty much screws the Celtics and helps the Knicks or other teams against Boston?

Makes no to little sense. We all should believe certain reports but let's not be totally dumb about it.

HouRealCoach
12-06-2011, 12:35 AM
That's just not true

Williams was a mistake..

Lol..

Its HOF that couldnt do it by themselves n Cp3 did make it to the playoffs 3 times tho

J4KOP99
12-06-2011, 12:36 AM
These Boston fans are shocking me right now...

If any fan-base should know how much of a crapshoot the rebuilding process can be, it should be Boston. The 90's and early 00's weren't that long ago, were they?

...You know what you have in Rondo. Even if he stays, you would still have Garnett, Allen, and Pierce's contracts coming off the books... that is more than enough to get another "superstar" and another "star" to join the team. Add that with Rondo and some of the other guys on the team and you are back to being an eastern conference power house.

-You are making it seem like the NBA draft is a given too. Incredible.

I can't believe you guys are so quick to throw away a solid future for a "one last shot" with this deal.

Chronz
12-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Williams was a mistake..

What Star can?

So Bron can be the same player, but because he now plays with another great player hes not longer great?

Your opinion is invalid

scaramantula
12-06-2011, 12:41 AM

If any fan-base should know how much of a crapshoot the rebuilding process can be, it should be Boston. The 90's and early 00's weren't that long ago, were they?

...You know what you have in Rondo. Even if he stays, you would still have Garnett, Allen, and Pierce's contracts coming off the books... that is more than enough to get another "superstar" and another "star" to join the team. Add that with Rondo and some of the other guys on the team and you are back to being an eastern conference power house.

I can't believe you guys are so quick to throw away a solid future for a "one last shot" with this deal.

how is rondo and a bunch on nobodys any different than paul and nobodys? and when you have a team that old you should go for it when you have the chance. especially with the shortened season this is probably bostons last chance with this core.

J4KOP99
12-06-2011, 12:43 AM
how is rondo and a bunch on nobodys any different than paul and nobodys? and when you have a team that old you should go for it when you have the chance. especially with the shortened season this is probably bostons last chance with this core.

What do people not understand about Chris Paul supposedly NOT WANTING to stay in Boston after this ONE YEAR...

As I said earlier, if Ainge somehow knows that CP3 would be willing to re sign in Boston, then this is a no-brainer. But if there is a solid chance CP3 won't return, which it seems that there is, then why on earth would you ever do that?

Sportfan
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
And then what if he doesn't come back? You're willing to just let Rondo leave in hopes that chris paul can get you a title this year?

Seems really short-sighted. I understand KG and co. are on their last legs but there still is a group of solid young players on that roster. I think this would be borderline idiotic for Danny Ainge to send Rondo in a 1 year rental of CP.

--This all goes down the drain if Ainge somehow knows that Paul would be willing to stay in Boston though... However, as of now, nothing is pointing in that direction.
yes.

Rondo+Green+etc isn't a contender at all. it's a middle of the pack team, that will rot in mediocrity for years. The smart way to build is to stick to the lotto and find your franchise guy, and use the cap along the way to build a team. Every contender based their team of a drafted player other than Knicks. (Wade-Heat Rose-Bulls Durant-Thunder Lakers-Kobe Orlando-Dwight Celtics-Pierce etc)

OA SLAY
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Since when does CP3 wanna leave NWO?

scaramantula
12-06-2011, 12:47 AM
What do people not understand about Chris Paul supposedly NOT WANTING to stay in Boston after this ONE YEAR...

As I said earlier, if Ainge somehow knows that CP3 would be willing to re sign in Boston, then this is a no-brainer. But if there is a solid chance CP3 won't return, which it seems that there is, then why on earth would you ever do that?

because they are all so old, you gotta go for it when you've got the chance, if i was the gm i would go all out this year and just put the future of the team on the back burner, and if you do win the championship odds are paul will want to come back

PAOboston
12-06-2011, 12:47 AM

there is no solid future with rondo. chances are, rondo's prime years are wasted on a bad, rebuilding teams once the big 3 contracts expire. rondo isnt a superstar and doesnt generate the same pull as a cp3/deron/howard do. it's doubtful star players come to boston without a certified star already there. and therein lies the gamble ainge must think about. do you trade for cp3 w/out the extension in hopes of winning one mre and possibly luring someone like howard in the offseason or do you keep rondo and likely fail to be attactive enough to lure any elite talent and wallow in mediocrity? b/c if it's the 2nd option, you might as well take a chance with the first and possibly strike gold b/c with the 2nd you're gonna stink for a while either way, so you might as well start from scratch in that case.

Chronz
12-06-2011, 12:48 AM

So your saying its entirely possible for a great player to be better than a superstar.

Thats all I really got out of this post, if so, it only exposes how trivial of a label it is. Bron is the best player in the game, thats ALL I care about. Thats whats going to win my team games.

HouRealCoach
12-06-2011, 12:51 AM

Well then Dwight should want to go to Dallas right?

& Denvers free agents should want to go to OKC right?

scaramantula
12-06-2011, 12:52 AM
So your saying its entirely possible for a great player to be better than a superstar.

Thats all I really got out of this post, if so, it only exposes how trivial of a label it is. Bron is the best player in the game, thats ALL I care about. Thats whats going to win my team games.

i think allot of what being a superstar is, is being the best player on a championship winning team, since lebron doesn't meet any of those requirements i think its safe to say hes not a superstar.
have fun watching all those wins btw just to see them lose in the playoffs every year.

J4KOP99
12-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Coming from a Lakers fan:

The absolute lack of confidence that Boston fans have in Rondo is both puzzling and entertaining.

I've lost count of all of the Rondo > X threads or the debates about how good Rondo is. That all goes out the window now. Celts fans have made up their collective mind... "on to the next one"

Sportfan
12-06-2011, 12:54 AM

The absolute lack of confidence that Boston fans have in Rondo is both puzzling and entertaining.

I've lost count of all of the Rondo > X threads or the debates about how good Rondo is. That all goes out the window now. Celts fans have made up their collective mind... "on to the next one"
Talk about generalizations.....

Just like how Laker fans want to trade "the 2nd best center" in Bynum for Dwight?

scaramantula
12-06-2011, 12:56 AM

lol coming from a raptors fan,

boston fans are brutal, and no one cares about the future when theres championships on the line, i mean look at dallas' roster, there isnt anything close to a future on that team, win now at all costs.

J4KOP99
12-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Talk about generalizations.....

Just like how Laker fans want to trade "the 2nd best center" in Bynum for Dwight?

I will speak for all Lakers fans on this topic, and I can't imagine anybody disagreeing with me... I would, without any hesitation whatsoever, trade Andrew Bynum in a deal to bring in Dwight Howard. Granted that deal is not absolutely ridiculous (ex. Gasol + Odom + Bynum for Dwight)

But... how on earth is that the same situation as the Celtics sending their all-star PG to New Orleans for Chris Paul who, as most have said, probably will not re-sign with the team?

Garnett and Ray Allen both have expiring contracts if I am not mistaken. They are on their last lap. I understand the Celtics would want to win one more with this current roster, but you can't ruin your future for one year...

-The Lakers getting Dwight for Bynum and the Celtics trading Paul for Rondo are not even close to similar situations. The only similarity is that there is a trade involved.

J4KOP99
12-06-2011, 01:04 AM
lol coming from a raptors fan,

boston fans are brutal, and no one cares about the future when theres championships on the line, i mean look at dallas' roster, there isnt anything close to a future on that team, win now at all costs.

But the way people are going about this, they are making it out to seem that the Celtics have no chance of winning a title this year WITH Rondo. It's been done before...

This has nothing to do with Dallas or their roster.

ellisgw
12-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Exactly why continue someone else legacy? He could have gone to NY and they could have easily gotten pieces for him to compete. He hid under Dwade throughout the whole Dallas series does a superstar do that? He prefers to give the ball up instead of taking the clutch shot thats the moment a superstar thrives in.

you should find a new sport to watch because you obviously dont understand basketball lol

dwill a superstar and lebron not lol

i can not stop laughing

Chronz
12-06-2011, 01:09 AM
i think allot of what being a superstar is, is being the best player on a championship winning team, since lebron doesn't meet any of those requirements i think its safe to say hes not a superstar.
have fun watching all those wins btw just to see them lose in the playoffs every year.
So who was the superstar in Detroit?

You have 2 choices here, you can name any 1 of the Pistons as the Superstar

Or you can say that none of them were superstars.

In either event you lose, because Bron is without a doubt superior to any of those Pistons (thus exposing how irrelevant your label is), or you admit that Bron can actually win a title because if a team without a superstar can do it, why wouldnt the best player in the game?

ellisgw
12-06-2011, 01:16 AM

how stupid are you about the game of basketball lol

so kobe 7 or 8 years was not superstar because shaq was the best player. I guess kareem was not a superstar because magic was the best player. I guess elgin baylor is not a superstar because he played with jerry west.

lol come on man

Meatmypet
12-06-2011, 01:18 AM

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - allstar

Based on this logic... Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Hakeem, Bird, Shaq, Kobe, Worthy, Pippen, Parrish, McHale were not superstars, they were just 'players', right?

Sactown
12-06-2011, 03:03 AM
I don't think Boston has confidence in Rondo being there center piece of a rebuilding team

scaramantula
12-06-2011, 03:36 AM
how stupid are you about the game of basketball lol

so kobe 7 or 8 years was not superstar because shaq was the best player. I guess kareem was not a superstar because magic was the best player. I guess elgin baylor is not a superstar because he played with jerry west.

lol come on man

this goes for the poster above you to,

im not saying thats the only way to do it, but theres a big difference, lebron has zero championships, every example you guys gave had won championships some several.

JEDean89
12-06-2011, 03:48 AM
1 year ago everyone was saying how the knicks didn't have the pieces to trade for melo. this year fields could be chandler, douglas could be gallo, jordan could be mozgov and they could throw in Jorts for good faith. Fields and Douglas are proven players and hopefully Jordan or Jorts can create some trade vaule.

ManningToTyree
12-06-2011, 03:59 AM
It would be a big risk to rent him. If a non contender does it (Houston) it would be a huge mistake because Paul isn't staying on a bad team. If a contender does it (mavs) They risk breaking up a championship group for someone who might bolt and leave them with a crap team. I can't see a team taking this risk

Wade>You
12-06-2011, 04:02 AM
When the Celtics and Mavs say they're willing to "loan" CP3, they really mean they're willing to hand all their crap to the Hornets for CP3.

BallIsAll
12-06-2011, 04:23 AM
you should find a new sport to watch because you obviously dont understand basketball lol

dwill a superstar and lebron not lol

i can not stop laughing

I played organized basketball for 3 years im sure i know basketball. and you should stop laughing before you choke. *lebron*

Raph12
12-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Damn can't believe Boston would give up Rondo, just to watch CP3 walk in FA... He said he wouldn't resign, but stubborn Celts won't give up.

PraiseJesus
12-06-2011, 04:56 AM
I think some teams are willing to do this because if CP3 doesn't resign then they get the cap space to sign another free agent.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Of course I'd love to see the Mavs get him, but they don't have the pieces unless the Hornets are in love with Roddy Beaubois and want guys like Dominique Jones and Rudy Fernandez, along with picks. Seriously doubt that's enough, especially when you consider the fact the Hornets would be trading him within the division.

BlondeBomber41
12-06-2011, 06:06 AM
When the Celtics and Mavs say they're willing to "loan" CP3, they really mean they're willing to hand all their crap to the Hornets for CP3.

Yeah, your right. Rajon Rondo is awful, pure crap. :facepalm:

magichatnumber9
12-06-2011, 07:51 AM
These reports are a joke.

nyKnicks126
12-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I think we can all agree that BallisAll is the one that's uneducated..

bagwell368
12-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Damn can't believe Boston would give up Rondo, just to watch CP3 walk in FA... He said he wouldn't resign, but stubborn Celts won't give up.

Once they have him and clear the decks of the Allen and KG money they can outbid I believe anyone for him on a max deal the following year. Money talks.

If he is determined to leave, fine. We have another slot to use. Rondo has to go, he's far too erratic, and has far too crappy a shot to be brought forward as the #1 or #2 guy on the team. Nobody guards him now except in the paint they guard a passing lane instead. With no elite shooters (PP will be in decline soon) after this year to help him out, he can't drive because he'll be hammered to floor every time he tries it. He can't triple threat anybody because nobody respects his shot outside the paint. He needs to be on a very good/great team as the finishing touch piece. He's the best trade chip the Celts have, get him gone Danny.

JOSKOMANG4
12-06-2011, 10:08 AM
- PF Patterson, SG C.Lee, PG Lowry, & 2012 1st rd pick to the Hornets for CP3. THey also sign C Nene

C-Nene
PF- Scola
SF- Buddinger
SG- Martin
PG- CP3

Bench: (C) C.Hayes, (F) M.Morris, (C) Thabeet, (PG) Flynn, (F) J.Hill, (SG) T.Williams, (PG) Dragic

corky831
12-06-2011, 10:33 AM
As much as I love Rondo,I'd still do this trade. This would make the team better for THIS year, and who knows, Paul may end up loving to play for Doc (I've heard a lot of players do). If he does decide to stay in Boston, this would be an attractive place for another superstar to join with him....and Boston would definitely have the money to spend after Allen's and KG's contracts expire. Knick fans are most likely upset about the possibility of this happening because they know this would be the best sales pitch for Paul to stay. To have a year with the Celtics under his belt and playing for Doc Rivers. If Paul was to stick with NO all year and just became a FA, the Celtics wouldn't have a shot to sign him over the Knicks in Free Agency. The only way to convince him to come here is if he gets an opportunity to play in this great basketball city before he becomes a FA. Worse comes to worse, we lose Paul, and then we have so much cap space to do whatever we like. We can wait a couple years to use it on other FA besides Paul, Williams, or Howard while most likely collecting solid talent in the draft from a poor season or 2. You can say it may not be an attractive place by then if the celtics are a losing team, but when you offer someone a Max contract....money always comes first to most these players. DA has been a pretty smart GM, through trades and the draft....I trust whatever decision he will make.

samevans7
12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
- PF Patterson, SG C.Lee, PG Lowry, & 2012 1st rd pick to the Hornets for CP3. THey also sign C Nene

C-Nene
PF- Scola
SF- Buddinger
SG- Martin
PG- CP3

Bench: (C) C.Hayes, (F) M.Morris, (C) Thabeet, (PG) Flynn, (F) J.Hill, (SG) T.Williams, (PG) Dragic

New Orleans laughs at that deal x1000000000

Sixerlover
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Trading Rondo for a 1 year rental of Paul would easily be the dumbest thing Ainge has ever done. And Ainge was always seen as a terrible exec before he pulled off the Garnett deal.

Vikingfan84
12-06-2011, 10:51 AM

Source is fake.

I find it quite funny how Knicks fans don't believe in any move that doesn't involve them.

Rondo is not good. Without Ray Ray, KG, or Pierce, Rondo is an average PG at best.

I think LA offers the best deal in return with Bynum and some pieces. Bynum straight bully's everybody in the post. Okafor can then move to PF where he belongs, and Carl Landry can come off the bench or possibly steal playing time from Okafor at PF.

The next best deal of return would be if they went for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Gordon from the Clippers. DeAndre Jordan is a beast and Eric Gordon is a scorer.

Then comes Golden State with Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis and their young bigs.

Celtics and Mavs are pretty much worthless to make a deal with because they have aging pieces.

Knicks obviously will not be able to get a deal done. They have young bucks with no experience. Who knows what the return will be in the end, not worth the gamble. The 2 pieces I would imagine the Hornets would want (Amare and Melo) are obviously not available. So why help the Knicks stack. Make the Knicks wait another season for their dream team. By then Amare and Melo will be a year older and a year slower.

29$JerZ
12-06-2011, 10:55 AM
I find it quite funny how Knicks fans don't believe in any move that doesn't involve them.

Rondo is not good. Without Ray Ray, KG, or Pierce, Rondo is an average PG at best.

I think LA offers the best deal in return with Bynum and some pieces. Bynum straight bully's everybody in the post. Okafor can then move to PF where he belongs, and Carl Landry can come off the bench or possibly steal playing time from Okafor at PF.

The next best deal of return would be if they went for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Gordon from the Clippers. DeAndre Jordan is a beast and Eric Gordon is a scorer.

Then comes Golden State with Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis and their young bigs.

Celtics and Mavs are pretty much worthless to make a deal with because they have aging pieces.

Knicks obviously will not be able to get a deal done. They have young bucks with no experience. Who knows what the return will be in the end, not worth the gamble. The 2 pieces I would imagine the Hornets would want (Amare and Melo) are obviously not available. So why help the Knicks stack. Make the Knicks wait another season for their dream team. By then Amare and Melo will be a year older and a year slower.

:confused:
This is about an aging Celtics team trading their only good player (who they clearly don't want and have been trying to deal for some time now) for a rental in Paul and Dallas who just won a title dismantling everything for a rental at a position they don't even need help at.

naps
12-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Williams was a mistake..

troll.

mttwlsn16
12-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Melo - not a superstar
Wade - superstar
Paul - not a superstar
Kobe - superstar
Durant - superstar
Dirk - superstar
Williams - allstar

um

avon_barksdale
12-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Trading Rondo for a 1 year rental of Paul would easily be the dumbest thing Ainge has ever done. And Ainge was always seen as a terrible exec before he pulled off the Garnett deal.

ainge drafted all them players that landed him ray ray and garnett. he drafted perkins and traded for rondo. how can u say that. he got players like delonte szerbiak aljeff telfair etc that landeed him bigtime trades.

but it aint dumb. wit paul instead of rondo they got a much better chance of winnin a ship THIS yr. one last run wit the old guys