PDA

View Full Version : There has to be an orginization that wants Zuccarello

averymustgo
12-05-2011, 02:05 PM
I would think they could get a second rounder for him. He's young, cheap, is scoring better than a point per game in the AHL He's a good team guy. He isn't happy about playing in the AHL so I'm sure Slats will try to move him. He's been a good soldier here. Makes me think Sather is using him as a chip for a bigger deal.

jetsfan89
12-05-2011, 02:30 PM
This organization has made it clear that they'll make room for younger players. You'd have to think they'll either bring him up to play here or they'll trade him. You could play him with Hagelin and Mitchell as a third line that'll get 15 minutes of time and have him on the second PP unit. Either way, he's way too good for the AHL.

bsi
12-05-2011, 07:20 PM
He needs to spend this year in the AHL with no callups and then see how he adjusts next year in the NHL. He may not be 20 years old but he came from a league that has less hitting, more ice space and smaller players, I think he needs the adjustment period and some time to gain his confidence. His biggest problem is that while he's not a big guy he's also not a really fast skater, he has to somehow become quicker if he's gonna play in the bigs at his size.

saintant182
12-05-2011, 07:55 PM
i def agree... one thing i notice is that he can skate ok and turns fairly well but as he isnt quite fast enough probably cos he has a small stride.. he gets caught often and goes down to easy.. he needs to get stronger and faster and improve his skating... unfortunately i think that others will begin to creep past him in the depth chart before he gets his real chance and as much as i really dont want it to happen i think he will be trade fodder.. poor zuccs as he's worked hard to do everything he needs to do..... can see him ending up at the isle and owning like PA lol

averymustgo
12-07-2011, 07:28 AM
IMO, Slats needs to do what he did a few years back. Stock pile second, third and 4th rounders and start to find the next Stepan's, Dubinsky's, Callahan's, Anisimov's, Sauer's of the world. Our farm has produced so many players it's starting to get a little thin.