PDA

View Full Version : Guess which free agent was in town for 49er game

lmeas11
12-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I was watching the Niner game and noticed there was a basketball player in the sidelines.

It was TYSON CHANDLER!!!!!!

That could only mean one thing..... get it done Warriors.

This is my first thread....so still to the new forum game.

I found an article about him here.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Tyson-Chandler-in-Bay-Area-for-49ers-gam?blockID=605648&feedID=2539

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Someone already posted it bro. But yeah man, this is great news, we need to sign this dude asap.

lmeas11
12-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Oh oops, I'm posting while at work when I shouldn't be. Ha

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Oh oops, I'm posting while at work when I shouldn't be. Ha

It's all good. Im not the poster who trips off everything lol. But him being in the Bay Area is a good sign, lets hope he's here for the long run.

Lloyd Christmas
12-05-2011, 01:43 PM
He is also from California and might just be a 49ers fan. Just throwing that out there...

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
He is also from California and might just be a 49ers fan. Just throwing that out there...

Even if that is the case, wouldn't he like to be right next to his favorite football team :p

Leandres_sf
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
I had read that due to the short offseason, that Free Agents are going to be less likely to travel around to meet with teams, and that the teams will come to them. Wouldn't it be nice if, since Chandler is from No. California, he met with the Warriors first and was sold by Lacob on signing! Lacob strikes me as the type of guy that will be really good a wooing players.

Lloyd Christmas
12-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Even if that is the case, wouldn't he like to be right next to him favorite football team :p

:hi5:

WestCoastSportz
12-05-2011, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't put much thought into it yet. Probably already being in California since he's down South, the Warriors are his first stop and will be talking to NJ and Houston as well.

But, I would love for this to happen. At 30 years old, he still has plenty of tread left on his tires and would probably be good for another 5 - 6 years. He's a guy that is going to rebound and play defense without demanding a big offensive role.

lol, please
12-05-2011, 03:57 PM
He will be a Warrior. Calling it.

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 05:07 PM
He will be a Warrior. Calling it.

I'm with you. Everything seems to be adding up.

killaT
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
DeAndre Jordan, younger with loads of potential is a better fit for the warriors long run for the future

MackShock
12-05-2011, 06:27 PM
This is your second thread, good sir.

He's from LA, or more precisely, Dominguez Hills. They have no football team, but my guess is they are Chargers or Raiders fans. Funny Tyson would be a Niners fan..

Saltinuts40
12-05-2011, 07:13 PM
This is your second thread, good sir.

He's from LA, or more precisely, Dominguez Hills. They have no football team, but my guess is they are Chargers or Raiders fans. Funny Tyson would be a Niners fan..

Because he would have had to root for the Chargers or Raiders in the early 90's. Montana and Young had a way of recruiting fans from everywhere.

DeAndre Jordan, younger with loads of potential is a better fit for the warriors long run for the future

Jordan is harder to bring in because Clips can match any offer received. Makes more sense to throw the kitchen sink at Tyson Chandler, and now we have a rim defender that can make our team so much better.

MackShock
12-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Because he would have had to root for the Chargers or Raiders in the early 90's. Montana and Young had a way of recruiting fans from everywhere.

AHH. very true indeed my friend. Jerry Rice + Montana + Steve Young..LA left with no team so of course I think theyd cheer for a California team. I wouldve thought Raiders though since they used to be in LA..

Jordan is harder to bring in because Clips can match any offer received. Makes more sense to throw the kitchen sink at Tyson Chandler, and now we have a rim defender that can make our team so much better.

I think if we simply add Chandler, we'd be knocking on the door for the 7th or 8th seed. Maybe we need to add another piece to get higher? Mavs, Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, Hornets (If they keep Paul) & Memphis are basically locked for playoffs..so that leaves us with two spots to fight amongst Warriors, Portland, Houston, Phoenix and Utah. Only two guaranteed teams to not make it is Timberwolves and Sacramento. Also Denver since they lost 3 key players to China.

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I think if we simply add Chandler, we'd be knocking on the door for the 7th or 8th seed. Maybe we need to add another piece to get higher? Mavs, Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, Hornets (If they keep Paul) & Memphis are basically locked for playoffs..so that leaves us with two spots to fight amongst Warriors, Portland, Houston, Phoenix and Utah. Only two guaranteed teams to not make it is Timberwolves and Sacramento. Also Denver since they lost 3 key players to China.

I think we could possibly get up to the 5th seed. I think we could battle with the Grizzlies for the 5th seed.

1) Thunder
2) Lakers
3) Mavericks
4) Spurs
5) Warriors
6) Grizzlies
7) Hornets
8) Blazers

But that's assuming Jackson and Malone get the team to commit to defense.

MackShock
12-05-2011, 08:57 PM
^ Well, assuming we do..Im not so sure we can beat the Grizz. Everybody sleeps on them, especially the Warriors, and they always light us up.

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 09:04 PM
^ Well, assuming we do..Im not so sure we can beat the Grizz. Everybody sleeps on them, especially the Warriors, and they always light us up.

Yeah there definitely an underrated team. But I think we match up well with them.

Curry vs Conley
Ellis vs Allen
Wright vs Gay
Lee vs Randolph
Chandler vs Gasol

TrueFan420
12-05-2011, 09:20 PM
your trippin if you think chandler is better than gasol.

goldenstater
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM

and also still way more of a project imo. if you want a project , draft him. it will probably save you some money. Chandler, we know what we get. i like him more than Nene personally cause he is awesome defender and thats what we need. we have offense.

goldenstater
12-05-2011, 10:04 PM
your trippin if you think chandler is better than gasol.

better at defense for sure, thats what i want personally. overall game though ofcourse not.

goldenstater
12-05-2011, 10:06 PM
I had read that due to the short offseason, that Free Agents are going to be less likely to travel around to meet with teams, and that the teams will come to them. Wouldn't it be nice if, since Chandler is from No. California, he met with the Warriors first and was sold by Lacob on signing! Lacob strikes me as the type of guy that will be really good a wooing players.

he is from LA ( compton to be exact). but ya that would be sweet.

BKLYNpigeon
12-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Chandler grew up a Lakers, Dodgers, LA Raiders, and LA Rams fan, I read it in an interview.

I hope the Warriors can sign Chandler no more then 15 million for 4 years.

MackShock
12-05-2011, 11:43 PM
15 is way too much..maybe 10 or 11. keep in mind he was in a contract year.

TrueFan420
12-06-2011, 04:30 PM
better at defense for sure, thats what i want personally. overall game though ofcourse not.

there person i qouted had it at overall game and chandler is a great help defender but cant hold his ground against the bigger guys with their back to the basket. gasol is one big boy and his size would help alot. yes chandler is the better defender but id rather have gasol any day.

Leandres_sf
12-06-2011, 04:50 PM
he is from LA ( compton to be exact). but ya that would be sweet.

Why did I think he was from Fresno area...? Who am I thinking of :confused:

likemystylez
12-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Why did I think he was from Fresno area...? Who am I thinking of :confused:

robert swift is from bakersfield, and he is a center who came right out of highschool

Leandres_sf
12-06-2011, 05:37 PM
robert swift is from bakersfield, and he is a center who came right out of highschool

Perhaps that's it...or perhaps I'm just an idiot...or perhaps both :D

MackShock
12-06-2011, 05:40 PM
i had faith in robert swift...stromile too.