PDA

View Full Version : Plan B. La should target Deron Williams

ldawg
12-05-2011, 07:14 AM
With CP3 going to Orlando and Howard staying to welcome him La should turn their focus to Deron Williams. With all the stars going to the east Williams would be a lock to make the playoffs yearly. La biggest need is pg and Williams is a match made in heaven.

JDMVP
12-05-2011, 07:25 AM
am I missing something Cp3 going to Orlando for some scrubs, awful big long contracts??

Raidaz4Life
12-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Last time I checked NO had no interest in giving away CP3 for free to Orlando.

ldawg
12-05-2011, 08:55 AM
If they don't trade him for scrubs he will go as a free agent next year they just have to find a third team to make it happen. Howard either coming or he isn't no time to play games wait and see. He want to give Orlando a chance i understand but with or without Howard the train is moving on. We have to be serious contenders. Either way we will still have Bynum to trade for him if he figure out what he wants to do. Its 50/50 with him he is not sure what he wants right now. Orlando will just have to take less that they waited too long.

LakersSaintsLSU
12-05-2011, 09:19 AM
this guy will not walk into free agency trust me.....let him walk for nothing? yeah right!

TheGuz00
12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
D. Williams should b plan A! I don't want C.P.!

Raidaz4Life
12-05-2011, 11:19 AM
I would take CP3 10 times out of 10 over Deron Williams.

Cano-Montero...
12-05-2011, 12:05 PM
If they don't trade him for scrubs he will go as a free agent next year they just have to find a third team to make it happen. Howard either coming or he isn't no time to play games wait and see. He want to give Orlando a chance i understand but with or without Howard the train is moving on. We have to be serious contenders. Either way we will still have Bynum to trade for him if he figure out what he wants to do. Its 50/50 with him he is not sure what he wants right now. Orlando will just have to take less that they waited too long.

hmmm? are you on crack or something? The NBA wont trade paul to orlando? what would they offer NO in return? a couple of scrubs and etc..hell a lot of teams will overpay and offer somethibg better than what orlando would...So dont worry about CP3 ending in Orlando..

Rockice_8
12-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Should Dwight go to BK I think you guys should immediately look to bring in CP3. CP3 isn't going to Orlando for nothing and if you miss out on Dwight (that means he went to Brooklyn) then D-Will isn't leaving and CP3 would be a look to go to LA.

I mean how is this not a match made in heaven. CP3/OK4 for Bynum/Odom/Goudelock/1st. I mean You never trade big for small but you get OK4 which keeps Pau at the 4 (I'm sure he wants that). OK4 does exactly what you want from your 5, plays good D and rebounds, he doesn't need the ball as Bynum seemed to be doing.

Makes so much sense for both teams as NO gets a promising big to build around (barring health) and they shed money from their books, plus get a young PG and a pick.

J4KOP99
12-05-2011, 12:07 PM
If given the opportunity to acquire Dwight, CP, or Deron, I would go with this order:

1. Dwight. -No questions asked. No way around it. If given the chance, you have to go after the dominant big man. Did I mention he was young too?

2. Deron. -I like his size and I like the way he plays. Obviously, neither Paul or Deron are considerably better than the other, but I like Deron more.

3. Paul. -He's damn good and he showed us just how talented he is during the playoffs last year.

--If the Magic denied all of our trade requests but the Nets said they would do Bynum + Odom for Deron, would you guys do it?

mjm201
12-05-2011, 12:36 PM
With CP3 going to Orlando and Howard staying to welcome him La should turn their focus to Deron Williams. With all the stars going to the east Williams would be a lock to make the playoffs yearly. La biggest need is pg and Williams is a match made in heaven.

What's your source on CP3 going to Orlando?

Rockice_8
12-05-2011, 12:45 PM
What's your source on CP3 going to Orlando?

CP3 is a pipe dream for Orlando fans. It's their last ditch effort to save Dwight. They don't have the players or cap to get him so it's a moot point. I think even the Knicks can put together a better package with cap savings and a few good young players in Douglas, Shumpert, and Fields. Dwight is getting traded and it's between LA and BK.

The loser of the Dwight sweepstakes will look else where for LAL I think they go right for CP3 and for the Nets they go for Nene and others.

Chacarron
12-05-2011, 02:05 PM
If given the opportunity to acquire Dwight, CP, or Deron, I would go with this order:

1. Dwight. -No questions asked. No way around it. If given the chance, you have to go after the dominant big man. Did I mention he was young too?

2. Deron. -I like his size and I like the way he plays. Obviously, neither Paul or Deron are considerably better than the other, but I like Deron more.

3. Paul. -He's damn good and he showed us just how talented he is during the playoffs last year.

--If the Magic denied all of our trade requests but the Nets said they would do Bynum + Odom for Deron, would you guys do it?

An argument can be made for Chris Paul being the better player.

8kobe24
12-05-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm on board with acquiring Dwill instead of CP3. Dwill IMO is a more versatile/physical player than CP3.

C-Style
12-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Should Dwight go to BK I think you guys should immediately look to bring in CP3. CP3 isn't going to Orlando for nothing and if you miss out on Dwight (that means he went to Brooklyn) then D-Will isn't leaving and CP3 would be a look to go to LA.

I mean how is this not a match made in heaven. CP3/OK4 for Bynum/Odom/Goudelock/1st. I mean You never trade big for small but you get OK4 which keeps Pau at the 4 (I'm sure he wants that). OK4 does exactly what you want from your 5, plays good D and rebounds, he doesn't need the ball as Bynum seemed to be doing.

Makes so much sense for both teams as NO gets a promising big to build around (barring health) and they shed money from their books, plus get a young PG and a pick.

Add Ariza and u got a deal. Or else Odom is off the table.

Gasol
Lamar
MWP
Kobe
CP3

or

Okafur
Gasol
Ariza
Kobe
Paul

6: MWP

Wes_Craven
12-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm on board with acquiring Dwill instead of CP3. Dwill IMO is a more versatile/physical player than CP3.

Plus he's just the better player

Rockice_8
12-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Plus he's just the better player

D-Will isn't getting traded. The Nets are going to wait until the last minute before they deal him should they be forced to, which means next offseason.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-05-2011, 03:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7319396/deron-williams-90-percent-chance-stay-new-jersey-nets

beliges
12-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Orlando will not be able to get CP3, they have no trade pieces outside of Howard. With that in mind, it seems if he is gonna get traded, NY is where hes gonna go since thats where he wants to go. But then again, NYK have no trade pieces either so who knows. Personally, I think Deron is a better fit on the Lakers than CP3 but Lakers wont give up Bynum for him, and I dont blame them. It seems Dwight is a real possibility and if the Lakers were to be able to get Dwight, they wouldnt really need a great PG.

Rockice_8
12-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Orlando will not be able to get CP3, they have no trade pieces outside of Howard. With that in mind, it seems if he is gonna get traded, NY is where hes gonna go since thats where he wants to go. But then again, NYK have no trade pieces either so who knows. Personally, I think Deron is a better fit on the Lakers than CP3 but Lakers wont give up Bynum for him, and I dont blame them. It seems Dwight is a real possibility and if the Lakers were to be able to get Dwight, they wouldnt really need a great PG.

Here's where LA's decision comes in obviously Dwight is a no branier but if somehow he slips away to the Nets which is a possibility should they go after CP3?

Kobe is on his last legs, he's got maybe 3-4 years of being Kobe left at best so do you give up Bynum/Odom to land Paul/OK4 or do you hope you have what it takes to win with what you have now?

You never trade big for small it's like the unwritten rule in the NBA but in this case I think you make an exception. CP3/Kobe/Pau gives you a legit big 3 out West which is declining slowly outside of a talented OKC squad. Plus you have OK4 who is a perfect role player for them and you won't be missing the tough inside defender you lose in Bynum.

I just think you have a much better chance with Kobe to win with CP3 then with Bynum. CP3 can take Kobe through the regular season and keep him fresh for playoff time while Bynum isn't carrying anything yet. Win while you can and with Kobe slowly fading balancing out your roster with a superstar PG will pretty much guarantee another 2 rings with this current LA squad.

CP3 did single handedly carry NO to the playoffs last year. Strike will the iron is hot and make the exception to the rule and trade big for small. Just my personally opinion.

I think
CP3
Kobe
MWP
Pau
OK4

is better then
Blake
Kobe
MWP/Odom
Pau
Bynum

Wes_Craven
12-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Here's where LA's decision comes in obviously Dwight is a no branier but if somehow he slips away to the Nets which is a possibility should they go after CP3?

Kobe is on his last legs, he's got maybe 3-4 years of being Kobe left at best so do you give up Bynum/Odom to land Paul/OK4 or do you hope you have what it takes to win with what you have now?

You never trade big for small it's like the unwritten rule in the NBA but in this case I think you make an exception. CP3/Kobe/Pau gives you a legit big 3 out West which is declining slowly outside of a talented OKC squad. Plus you have OK4 who is a perfect role player for them and you won't be missing the tough inside defender you lose in Bynum.

I just think you have a much better chance with Kobe to win with CP3 then with Bynum. CP3 can take Kobe through the regular season and keep him fresh for playoff time while Bynum isn't carrying anything yet. Win while you can and with Kobe slowly fading balancing out your roster with a superstar PG will pretty much guarantee another 2 rings with this current LA squad.

CP3 did single handedly carry NO to the playoffs last year. Strike will the iron is hot and make the exception to the rule and trade big for small. Just my personally opinion.

I think
CP3
Kobe
MWP
Pau
OK4

is better then
Blake
Kobe
MWP/Odom
Pau
Bynum

The thing with L.A., I don't think there are a lot of teams, if any, that want to help them get any better as they see them on a decline, if you really want to call it that. Ever since the Gasol robbery, nothing big has happened in L.A. as far as trades go. With Big 3's starting to become the norm, esp. in Big Markets, L.A. is the last place most FA's are looking at when they can possibly, be part of a long dynasty when you talk about the Heat, Knicks, etc.

As L.A. roster stands, I like their team, and I want to see Kobe win, but to me his legacy is set, IMO. Another point I want to make is that it seems that the Lakers don't breed good PG's, with Magic being the ONLY exception(just a point I wanted to make).

I don't think this team needs to make a lot of changes and I must say that most of the guys on here have changed my view on that(most of you guys may remember my Al Jefferson to L.A. trade, LOL). They do need an upgrade a PG, I believe they actually got it with the drafting of Morris-he'll definitely be a reason for me to still watch the Lakers-and a back-up big, mainly at the C spot.

Here are my suggestions:

L.A. Trades Caracter(+Goudelock?) to Indy for A.J. Price(Like him, real solid in the playoffs, plus he went to UCONN!!! STAND-UP!)

Amnesty Blake

L.A. Trades Artest(+Majok?) early-to-mid season(If not, before season starts at least) to Milwaukee for Gooden(just saw him recently at his charity game, looks to be in real good shape, plus he's played for Mike Brown)

Sign D. West(Played for Mike Brown as well, good defender of the 1's and 2's, kind of reminds me of a smaller version of Matt Barnes, LOL)

Sign McRoberts(Athletic big who can run, handle, rebound, and shoot the ball. I would call him....the second coming of Odom)

Not a bad team at all, No D12 needed. I would enjoy watching this team.

Price/Morris/Fisher
Kobe/West/Barnes/Ebanks
Barnes/Ebanks/Odom
Pau/Odom/McRoberts/Gooden
Bynum/Gooden/Odom

Who beats that team? Plus Lakers shed Blake's contract and can only hope convince Luke to retire by telling him there's no PT coming his way. If not, just stretch him.

Lakers should not be looking to give up players/picks for stars who in couple years still won't compete with teams like OKC or Memphis because they'll just have scrubs. It'll be [insert player name and team here] all over again. The best thing to do is let the young guys they have play years together to gel, see: OKC Thunder, and keep their pick for one of the deepest drafts coming up!

Rockice_8
12-05-2011, 04:49 PM
^^ I agree with most of what you said but the Lakers are on the decline, not there yet but Kobe has alot of mileage on those legs. Yeah nobody is looking to gift wrap the Lakers a championship for sure but Bynum is too good to pass up for NO to just say no to that.

Yes without making that deal for D12 or CP3 the Lakers will have a shot to win it all for sure but are they really the favorites? I just think doing that trade all but guarantees another ring or 2 before Kobe is done. He's going to go down as one of the all time greats but what would another 2 rings do for him? Does that make him the GOAT? Who knows.

It's far from a no brainer but something that I would find very hard to pass up if the time comes.

You haven't had a PG like CP3 since Magic.

Wes_Craven
12-05-2011, 05:04 PM
^^ I agree with most of what you said but the Lakers are on the decline, not there yet but Kobe has alot of mileage on those legs. Yeah nobody is looking to gift wrap the Lakers a championship for sure but Bynum is too good to pass up for NO to just say no to that.

Yes without making that deal for D12 or CP3 the Lakers will have a shot to win it all for sure but are they really the favorites? I just think doing that trade all but guarantees another ring or 2 before Kobe is done. He's going to go down as one of the all time greats but what would another 2 rings do for him? Does that make him the GOAT? Who knows.

It's far from a no brainer but something that I would find very hard to pass up if the time comes.

You haven't had a PG like CP3 since Magic.

I hear you but I also fear that if the Lakers land only one of them, because I can't see them getting both not with the pieces they have, that after Kobe retires who is really going to want to come here??

Example: Lakers get Dwight-after Kobe retires, you've already missed out on at the most two draft prospects and have a team of 2nd rounders around Dwight. Same scenario I can see playing out with Paul, if he's not already in a Knick uni.

How's that attracting anyone else to play here?? I feel a lot of Laker fans contradict themselves when they say they wanna make a trade to get younger, only to have all these trades ideas of getting Howard/Paul/Williams giving up their youth and prospects whether they're on the team or through picks.

Any trade I make for L.A. is a trade that I make to help them stay competitive now to still be able to compete for a championship while Kobe is still around, and a team that'll remain competitive or at least fun to watch with the youth they acquire and still be a place FA's want to come to anyway because of the location.

And another thing I forgot to add in my post above, I believe with the Heat being the favorites to get Battier, I can see T. Prince coming to the Lakers, so a lineup of:

Price/Morris/Fisher
Kobe/West/Barnes/Ebanks
Prince/Barnes/Ebanks
Pau/Odom/McRoberts/Gooden
Bynum/Gooden/Odom