PDA

View Full Version : Bulls exploring sign and trade possibilities with Afflalo and Crawford

spreadeagle
12-04-2011, 11:23 PM
The Bulls are exploring the possibility of a sign-and-trade for either Afflalo or Jamal Crawford, Hoops World reports.

Recommendation: Chicago has been in contact with representatives for Afflalo and Crawford since Wednesday morning, and now the team is "getting creative" as they try to land one of the highly-coveted guards. The Bulls will contact the Hawks and Nuggets to see if either team is interested in a sign-and-trade deal, and sources believe Chicago will offer a package that includes Ronnie Brewer. Unlike Crawford, Afflalo is a restricted free agent, so the Nuggets will be able to match any offer sheet he signs. Either player would help the Bulls fill one of their major open pieces, that of a quality two-guard who can hit the three-pointer
(Rotowire.com)

http://www.rotowire.com/basketball/latestnews.htm

Avenged
12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
They would fill their hole at the SG position.

Rose/Afflalo or Crawford/Deng/Boozer/Noah.

Talk about having weapons. If only Boozer can regain his form.

xbrackattackx
12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Bulls fan will cream if they get AA.

Cal827
12-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Bulls suck. and yes, this is a Bait post :D

Although I really think Affalo will help them.

If they get both, I don't want to hear any excuse if they can't get by Miami next year lol

kntresistheheat
12-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Affallo would be sick with the bulls!

Cubby
12-04-2011, 11:41 PM
AA to start and JC off the bench as a sixth man, playmaking type. Happy happy joy.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-04-2011, 11:42 PM
I thought Afflalo has an 'no NBA-out' clause on his contract in China?

Chronz
12-04-2011, 11:43 PM
How come everyone loves Aflallo now? I'm a fan too but when did he become so highly coveted.

spreadeagle
12-04-2011, 11:46 PM

nah that JR smith and Wilson Chandler..and Kmart lol

phlp_bj
i doubt denver moves afflalo, mostly because half their team is in china. he's going to have a major role for this upcoming season. i wouldn't mind either of them on the bulls though since all we have to offer is the Mid level.

Cubby

He was never in China.

Cubby
12-04-2011, 11:48 PM
i doubt denver moves afflalo, mostly because half their team is in china. he's going to have a major role for this upcoming season. i wouldn't either of them on the bulls though since all we have to offer is the Mid level.

With Nene leaving they would need a center, so you trade Asik and a 1st if that's what they want. If they want a guard, you ship Brewer and a 1st. Either would honestly work in a sign and trade situation.

Byronicle
12-04-2011, 11:49 PM
his defense is what teams covet

affalo would be a great fit for the bulls.

lavilevi23
12-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Asik ****ng sucks

Cal827
So... how bad is Denver going to be this year? lol They have lost everybody.

Byronicle
With Nene leaving they would need a center, so you trade Asik and a 1st if that's what they want. If they want a guard, you ship Brewer and a 1st. Either would honestly work in a sign and trade situation.

don't they have andersen and mozgov?

i think they want a PF

Cubby
12-04-2011, 11:51 PM
How come everyone loves Aflallo now? I'm a fan too but when did he become so highly coveted.

Good defensively (always chosen to defend the opposing team's best wing), consistent three point shooter, and he plays well off the ball, which is something the Bulls need at the starting two guard position. After that, we'd need to sign a playmaker off the bench, which is possible if Reinsdorf was serious about dipping into luxury tax. I'd prefer to sign Crawford since he said he is interested in joining the Bulls.

phlp_bj
12-04-2011, 11:52 PM

we could make it work. that won't be an issue. the asik deal would work for both teams if nene were to leave. otherwise they'll have their core back next season and they should be contending again

Cubby
12-04-2011, 11:53 PM
don't they have andersen and mozgov?

i think they want a PF

If what they want is a PF, they can have Gibson. But Asik is more valuable ling term and has a much higher ceiling as a center. He is an animal defensively and showed last year he can hang in there against guys like Dwight. If they really want a PF, they can have Gibson. I'd rather keep Asik anyway because guys like Taj are much more replaceable.

Cubby
12-04-2011, 11:54 PM
we could make it work. that won't be an issue. the asik deal would work for both teams if nene were to leave. otherwise they'll have their core back next season and they should be contending again

Asik is a very valuable piece to have. I'm sure they'd take the deal.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-04-2011, 11:55 PM
He was never in China.

Oh. I got it mixed up with Chandler, Smith, and KMart. Anyways- he would be a great fit on the Bulls.

BTW- like what Cal827 posted, how bad would Denver be? They're gonna lose Nene as well, and Chandler and Smith played out their contract last season (I think). They might lsoe them both in free agency after their overseas season is over.

llemon
12-04-2011, 11:56 PM
i doubt denver moves afflalo, mostly because half their team is in china. he's going to have a major role for this upcoming season. i wouldn't mind either of them on the bulls though since all we have to offer is the Mid level.

I think it will take an incredible offer from the Bulls to get Denver to give up Afflalo.

Denver has a whole lotta capspace. They ain't giving Afflalo easily.

phlp_bj
12-04-2011, 11:57 PM
denver could actually tank for a season and land a top pick. then they get their core back next season and will be in great position. i just don't see them contending this year, especially if nene leaves

Cubby
12-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Asik ****ng sucks

He really doesn't at all. Yeah he is bad offensively but he more than makes up for it defensively. As long as he can learn to score consistently within the paint, with his body size, he could end up being really, really good. As I said, he's already really good defensively and Bulls scouts believe he could be better on D than anyone in the league not named Dwight Howard. To say he sucks just shows how biased you are.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 12:08 AM
NOBODY will take afflalo from denver. Hes a rising star a hard worker and a great defender.. Hes like ty lawson which is basically untouchable. With a lineup of

Lawson
Afflalo
Gallo
Harrington
Mozzy

we wont be horrible next season but i hope we are so we can get a lotto pick and attempt to resign smith/chandler after the season is over. Anyways our 3 top young prospects are still in our team and will remain in our team so tanking a season wont be too bad. (Lawson, Gallo, Afflalo).

pd1dish
12-05-2011, 12:13 AM

i will cream if we get either of them haha. its such a BIG upgrade from what we have now. GET IT DONE FORMAN!!!!!

Cubby
12-05-2011, 12:19 AM
NOBODY will take afflalo from denver. Hes a rising star a hard worker and a great defender.. Hes like ty lawson which is basically untouchable. With a lineup of

Lawson
Afflalo
Gallo
Harrington
Mozzy

we wont be horrible next season but i hope we are so we can get a lotto pick and attempt to resign smith/chandler after the season is over. Anyways our 3 top young prospects are still in our team and will remain in our team so tanking a season wont be too bad. (Lawson, Gallo, Afflalo).

If your FO thinks like you do and they want to tank they will trade AA for value and picks, which is something we can supply.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 12:25 AM
If your FO thinks like you do and they want to tank they will trade AA for value and picks, which is something we can supply.

we wouldnt want to replace him. hes a lock at our starting SG getting better every year and hes only 26. if he was 30+ i would agree with you but there is no point in trading away a young player who is good and getting better with great work ethic just for a pick and or another asset.

Its like trading your macbook pro for a regular macbook that "might" have a bigger hard drive.

lavilevi23
12-05-2011, 12:26 AM
He really doesn't at all. Yeah he is bad offensively but he more than makes up for it defensively. As long as he can learn to score consistently within the paint, with his body size, he could end up being really, really good. As I said, he's already really good defensively and Bulls scouts believe he could be better on D than anyone in the league not named Dwight Howard. To say he sucks just shows how biased you are.

:facepalm: talk about being biased

kozelkid
12-05-2011, 12:34 AM

Not sure, but I'm not that excited about him to be honest. He still is hardly a player who can create his own shot and isn't a very good finisher. Seems like this generation's Raja Bell, which is fine, but he isn't the missing piece the Bulls are looking for imo.

Asik ****ng sucks

Thanks for your contributions, as usual. They truly add something here.

iggypop123
12-05-2011, 12:46 AM
any team in teh nba would cream if they got afflalo. but it would have to be a lot of money offered enough that denver doesnt match. then the trade would require asik just to beging talks. then a 1st rounder or brewer.

kozelkid
12-05-2011, 12:50 AM
any team in teh nba would cream if they got afflalo. but it would have to be a lot of money offered enough that denver doesnt match. then the trade would require asik just to beging talks. then a 1st rounder or brewer.

Lol. We're talking about Arron Afflalo not James Harden here.

It'll include Brewer because if nothing else, Afflalo can do what Brewer does defensively (maybe not as good, but thibs will help him there), and deliver offensively. Plus contracts match. And then probably one of Taj/Omer/Char pick and maybe a first round pick.

DeyAce
12-05-2011, 12:52 AM

you got that right sir.

tp13baby
12-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Plain and simple, AA isn't going anywhere because he may be the most loved Nugget in Denver and also if they trade him, they put themselves in a bigger hole by needing to get to the cap floor.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 01:12 AM
bulls need to get roy or carter

D Roses Bulls
12-05-2011, 01:16 AM
i wasn't a big fan of boozer last year before the bulls signed him and a lot my fellow bulls fans thought I was crazy, and I like AA, but I don't think he can bring enough offense to us. I think he might just be a little too overrated and there is no way in hell I would give up brewer for crawford. I would rather just sign Carter, Mcgrady, Butler then sign Crawford. He is just another Ben Gordon but taller.

MJ-BULLS
12-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Asik ****ng sucks
do you watch any of the other teams play instead of the heat. asik a great defender.

Avenged
12-05-2011, 01:19 AM
i wasn't a big fan of boozer last year before the bulls signed him and a lot my fellow bulls fans thought I was crazy, and I like AA, but I don't think he can bring enough offense to us. I think he might just be a little too overrated and there is no way in hell I would give up brewer for crawford. I would rather just sign Carter, Mcgrady, Butler the sign Crawford. He is just another Ben Gordon but taller.

Yeah but Crawford is a guy who can create his own shot and score. I think the Bulls would benefit greatly from him to ease the load on Rose. If Boozer can play like he's capable of playing, the Bulls elite D + a new added player who can create his own might just put you guys over the top.

MJ-BULLS
12-05-2011, 01:20 AM
bulls need to get roy or carter

carter is washed up as they come. now, roy, i would love to have. but i doubt the bulls even have a chance to get him.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 01:27 AM
carter is washed up as they come. now, roy, i would love to have. but i doubt the bulls even have a chance to get him.

thats true but carter can still shoot and score. with drose he wont have the ball in his hands so he wont be getting as tired imo

5ass
i dont see the nuggets trading afflalo, unless maybe for the bobcat pick and asik/taj.. the nuggets really like afflalo, i dont think they should let him go, he has a bright future. Actually even with the pick and asik/taj i doubt they get him. He would be a perfect fit for chicago though.

D Roses Bulls
Yeah but Crawford is a guy who can create his own shot and score. I think the Bulls would benefit greatly from him to ease the load on Rose. If Boozer can play like he's capable of playing, the Bulls elite D + a new added player who can create his own might just put you guys over the top.

ben gordon created his own shot and it didn't get us too far. I don't like streaky shooters. yes, crawford might have 40 one night, but have 4 or 5 games of 5 for 20 from the field after that. we need someone who is consistent and doesn't need a lot of shots to score.

sunsfan88
12-05-2011, 01:33 AM
I don't understand how Crawford helps them defensively. Rose + Crawford = bad defensive front court

Corey
12-05-2011, 01:35 AM

High concentration of Chicago fans on the site, Bulls need a SG, Afflalo is very solid and fits a need, and therefore gets hyped.

I love him as a player, so I dont blame Bulls fans for coveting him.

MJ-BULLS
12-05-2011, 01:38 AM
thats true but carter can still shoot and score. with drose he wont have the ball in his hands so he wont be getting as tired imo

eh, he used to be good player. i would not take a chance on him, his numbers have been on a down hill the last couple of years, and he isnt getting any younger. not to mention he has been a waste of talent threw out his career, especially in the playoffs. also has missed alot of games too.

i rather take a chance on t mac, and i dont even want him.

Corey
12-05-2011, 01:39 AM
I don't understand how Crawford helps them defensively. Rose + Crawford = bad defensive front court

Crawford isn't good, but Rose is solid. His defensive inefficiencies are really overstated.

Avenged
12-05-2011, 01:43 AM
ben gordon created his own shot and it didn't get us too far. I don't like streaky shooters. yes, crawford might have 40 one night, but have 4 or 5 games of 5 for 20 from the field after that. we need someone who is consistent and doesn't need a lot of shots to score.

Yeah but Ben played with a rookie Rose, and those Bulls team were not as good as they are now. Crawford will give you 15 or so points and will ease Rose & co. It won't be a bad signing by any means considering what you guys have now at the 2.

I'm not sure you guys can get Afflalo but he's a player you described who I think would probably work better with you guys since he will only get better. Either guy would be good though, and at least they can hit the open J. That's something Keith struggled with.

BallIsAll
12-05-2011, 01:44 AM
eh, he used to be good player. i would not take a chance on him, his numbers have been on a down hill the last couple of years, and he isnt getting any younger. not to mention he has been a waste of talent threw out his career, especially in the playoffs. also has missed alot of games too.

i rather take a chance on t mac, and i dont even want him.

thats reasonable but i think the bulls need a veteran sg i guess tmac if hes at least 70% could help the bulls since the nuggets will hopefully be out the playoffs ill be rooting for the bulls so get someone!

Mano86
12-05-2011, 01:45 AM
honestly i just want the bulls to upgrade at sg. one of the craziest stats about the bulls last year was that the bulls were supposedly 32-3 in games when Bogans scored 6 or more and 4 -1 in the playoffs.

pd1dish
12-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Crawford isn't good, but Rose is solid. His defensive inefficiencies are really overstated.

people dont understand that the Bulls' team defense and defensive schemes are so good that Rose isnt exactly expected (or at least necessary) to go 100% on the defensive end of the floor. hes too important to the offense to be giving a lot of energy on D.

obviously we would rather have a SG that can score as well as defend well, but at this point, we dont need a great defender at the 2 spot. we already have that in role players. we need a solid starter at SG that can actually score consistently. Crawford would certainly be an upgrade and Afflalo would be ideal if its possible

D Roses Bulls
12-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Yeah but Ben played with a rookie Rose, and those Bulls team were not as good as they are now. Crawford will give you 15 or so points and will ease Rose & co. It won't be a bad signing by any means considering what you guys have now at the 2.

I'm not sure you guys can get Afflalo but he's a player you described who I think would probably work better with you guys since he will only get better. Either guy would be good though, and at least they can hit the open J. That's something Keith struggled with.

well I'm down for signing him outright, but not doing a sign and trade. I am not giving up Brewer for him. I'm not a big fan of crawford after watching him here in chicago for 4 years. just not.....

MJ-BULLS
12-05-2011, 01:56 AM
thats reasonable but i think the bulls need a veteran sg i guess tmac if hes at least 70% could help the bulls since the nuggets will hopefully be out the playoffs ill be rooting for the bulls so get someone!

Iam almost 90% sure he wont come to the bulls after what happened last year when he blew his chance, but yeah, if that were to happen, and he was at least explosive i guess it could help us.

thanks for the support man!

pd1dish
12-05-2011, 01:57 AM
honestly i just want the bulls to upgrade at sg. one of the craziest stats about the bulls last year was that the bulls were supposedly 32-3 in games when Bogans scored 6 or more and 4 -1 in the playoffs.

yeah i remember seeing a stat very very similar to that. when the Bulls were getting production from the 2, we were basically unstoppable.

OA SLAY
12-05-2011, 02:00 AM
Korver>>> any other NBA SG.

MJ-BULLS
12-05-2011, 02:01 AM
yeah i remember seeing a stat very very similar to that. when the Bulls were getting production from the 2, we were basically unstoppable.

you could basically call it a win when bogans reached the magic number. :laugh2:

Corey
12-05-2011, 02:01 AM
people dont understand that the Bulls' team defense and defensive schemes are so good that Rose isnt exactly expected (or at least necessary) to go 100% on the defensive end of the floor. hes too important to the offense to be giving a lot of energy on D.

Even so, Rose projects near elite defensively (or at least did last season).

He allowed 20+ points only 11 times, which is less than Deron, CP3, Rondo, and Kidd.

He allowed less points per possession than all of those guards as well. He also allowed less PPP in isolation, pick and roll and catch and shoot situations than the other 4 PGs as well.

A lot of credit goes to Thibs, but Rose posted top tier defensive metrics last year.

Sinestro
12-05-2011, 02:03 AM
If the Bulls were to get Crawford, I'd prefer for Crawford to come off the bench and play in crunch time and keep Bogans as starter

Cal827
12-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Oh come on, why was one of my posts deleted? I just made a joke on bosh complaining over a loose ball :p oh well.

The only way I see denver go after Asik, is to see Mozgov/Asik competition for possibly a future starting C

John Walls Era
12-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Why would they want Crawford? Thought Bulls fans didn't like him.

Mano86
12-05-2011, 02:24 AM
you could basically call it a win when bogans reached the magic number. :laugh2:

i was surprised teams didn't just start double teaming Bogans when he got to that 3 - 4 pt range.

but the saddest part about our SG's last yr was that i would consider Bogans as our most balanced SG. the 3 main attributes i would look for in a SG is ball handling/shooting(3 pt range)/defense. you could make a case that Bogans was 2nd best in all those attributes among our sg (Brewer, Korver, bogans)

kozelkid
12-05-2011, 02:26 AM

He allowed 20+ points only 11 times, which is less than Deron, CP3, Rondo, and Kidd.

He allowed less points per possession than all of those guards as well. He also allowed less PPP in isolation, pick and roll and catch and shoot situations than the other 4 PGs as well.

A lot of credit goes to Thibs, but Rose posted top tier defensive metrics last year.

Thank you.

It is amazing how many idiots around here still cling to the old news that Rose can't defend. He can and he is one of the best pg defenders already thanks to Thibs.

It's the same as it was when people claimed Rose couldn't shoot or that Lebron still can't shoot. :pity:

You act like all fans from one fanbase think alike. For the record, I'm unsure about him. He's a good shooter and can create his shot, but he seems to settle for the long two FAR too often.

YourTeamSucks
12-05-2011, 02:30 AM

He plays good d and can actually make open shots(in case you are a fair weather fan or new to basketball)and the bulls don't have this and some may argue this is what hurt them in the playoffs. He's been so highly coveted since he's become a RFA(Other teams have a opportunity to sign him).

MJ-BULLS
12-05-2011, 02:34 AM
not all bulls fans are against getting him. he would make a dynamite scorer off our bench.

i was surprised teams didn't just start double teaming Bogans when he got to that 3 - 4 pt range.

but the saddest part about our SG's last yr was that i would consider Bogans as our most balanced SG. the 3 main attributes i would look for in a SG is ball handling/shooting(3 pt range)/defense. you could make a case that Bogans was 2nd best in all those attributes among our sg (Brewer, Korver, bogans)
def need a sg that can handle the ball considering rose gets alot of burden with him being the main ball handler and distributor on the team. but this FA sg class is weak, alot of the current sg's that are available aren't perfect, but i suppose crawford could fit the bill? it would be interesting to see what unfolds.

LA_Raiders
12-05-2011, 03:16 AM
If they can get both they should be the #1 contender in the East...

abe_froman
12-05-2011, 03:18 AM

fans and front office arent the same thing.

Rosh
12-05-2011, 03:37 AM
You act like all fans from one fanbase think alike. For the record, I'm unsure about him. He's a good shooter and can create his shot, but he seems to settle for the long two FAR too often.

Thibs got Deng to cut the long two out. I could see him giving it a try with Crawford. Granted, Lu seems more coachable, but Thibs seems to have been an effective communicator.

The_Jamal
12-05-2011, 04:02 AM
I've been on Afflalo's nuts for awhile now. Strong defensively, excellent 3 pt shooter, and just does everything well. He's a breakout candidate for me this season

SteBO
12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Crawford is the more likely pickup for the Bulls. I don't see Denver letting Afflalo go at all.....

justinnum1
12-05-2011, 08:58 AM
I'd be a little worried if bulls got AA, anyone else, jrich, crawford, vince...not even worried:cool:

futureman
12-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Why would Denver trade a SG that can shoot and defend for a SG that can defend but can't shoot?

Denver wouldn't do a deal with chicago.

DLeeicious
12-05-2011, 10:12 AM

lol do Bulls fans collectively have the same opinions on players or something?

reffahead
12-05-2011, 02:10 PM
For Atlanta, we would like Brewer/Asik or 1st rounder for Jamal. This helps both teams and that's all you can ask for in a trade.

bbcmillionaire
12-05-2011, 02:27 PM
lol do Bulls fans collectively have the same opinions on players or something?

Lol apparently, I wonder who's our spokes person? JB? Lol nawl then we would all want t-Mac

thekmp211
12-05-2011, 02:47 PM
afflalo is the guy they need. i really like crawford, but he isn't the answer for chicago.

northsider
12-05-2011, 05:31 PM
I'd be a little worried if bulls got AA, anyone else, jrich, crawford, vince...not even worried:cool:

Wow this is a shocker.

I wouldn't mind either AA or Crawford but, I don't see us landing AA from Denver.

northsider
12-05-2011, 05:34 PM

How dare you actually do some research before saying something absurdly overused on this forum.

pd1dish
12-05-2011, 05:51 PM

wow im glad you posted these stats. a lot of peoples arguments for bashing Rose is based on their perception on how he plays defense, and this just proves that Rose is a good defender. having Thibs helped a whole lot and having a good defensive team around him to give help D never hurts.

xbrackattackx
12-05-2011, 07:46 PM
He plays good d and can actually make open shots(in case you are a fair weather fan or new to basketball)and the bulls don't have this and some may argue this is what hurt them in the playoffs. He's been so highly coveted since he's become a RFA(Other teams have a opportunity to sign him).

Yea, Chronz is new to basketball, he has some question about advance stats for you. :)

wow im glad you posted these stats. a lot of peoples arguments for bashing Rose is based on their perception on how he plays defense, and this just proves that Rose is a good defender. having Thibs helped a whole lot and having a good defensive team around him to give help D never hurts.
You have great taste in hip hop good sir.<3

side note:
Every Bulls fan that posted are the best posters from that fan base missing a couple of more that I enjoy reading. So high five!