PDA

View Full Version : Mike Brown looking start Bynum, Gasol and Odom?

Rocco007
12-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Finally...
------------------------------------
The Lakers’ first headache will be to determine who’s on their team when training camp starts next Friday. Their next one will be figuring out a starting lineup.

When Andrew Bynum returns from a five-game suspension, Coach Mike Brown might take a long look at a large frontcourt of Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, an idea tossed around as a curiosity piece the last few years but never fully employed by Phil Jackson’s staff.

The move would send World Peace to the bench, which goes hand in hand with the Lakers’ concern about his physical shape. They hadn’t been allowed to contact him during the lockout, but he looked heavier when he arrived at the training facility, adding some of the weight he dropped last season.

Heavy or not, the Lakers will not use their amnesty provision on him or Luke Walton this season unless they acquire a starting small forward in a trade or free agency in the next few weeks. The Lakers need to keep World Peace right now because they’re not sure what free agents they can get with their limited spending power.

– Reported by Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times

kArSoN RyDaH
12-04-2011, 10:30 PM
This "World Peace" stuff is hilarious lmao.

Tymathee
12-04-2011, 10:30 PM
PJ said this as well, even talked about Odom at PG, dont get ur hopes up but i would love to see it and a conventional offense would work better for odom at the 3 than the triangle

lakers4sho
12-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Not a fan. That starting 5 would be too slow. Unless MWP has gotten that worse.

Avenged
12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Mike Brown said he wasn't intent on starting Odom at the 3 in the press conference. I really don't know how I would feel about it though, Metta just isn't the same player.

Bruno
12-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Can't believe we signed a soon to be 30 years old Artest to a five year deal with no team option :facepalm:

Ariza>Artest. (sorry kblo) :laugh2:

Bruno
12-04-2011, 10:56 PM
We may try it, but I think a big strength for our team is not having to play any other player at the four or five, besides Bynum, Gasol, or Odom. If Odom starts logging serious minutes at the three, our 10th-12th guy will be getting PF or C minutes when Gasol and Bynum need breathers.

I expect Barnes to play well this season and steal the starting 3 spot at some point. my predication is that Artest will be his backup by playoffs.

kblo247
12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Can't believe we signed a soon to be 30 years old Artest to a five year deal with no team option :facepalm:

Ariza>Artest. (sorry kblo) :laugh2:

Both are scrubs who had a one year hit. One is just a young one who can't stick on any team and the other is mental,and obsessed with hulking up. The reason this cam about is Artest is heavier than he was last season according to one report

Iron24th
12-05-2011, 01:13 AM
PJ tried it at times,and it didn't work out well,I think we should keep our rotation like it was,even our opponents said it better : "when they have two 7 footers and another one who's coming off the bench,it's really hard to play them".

KillaInstinct24
12-05-2011, 01:56 AM
we did try this, well not starting, but we had them on the floor together. it didn't work. we'd be too slow and we'd get run on easily with this lineup. besides odom and bynum will be feared deer or disney's magic before this season is up lol

KillaInstinct24
12-05-2011, 02:00 AM
This "World Peace" stuff is hilarious lmao.

sending world peace to the bench, they should use this phrase more often in political talk

JDMVP
12-05-2011, 05:47 AM
If we don't get Dwight then this is the exact Front line I wanna see. Look Game 3 in Dallas we lost but that lineup showed how effective it can be. With that lineup then try to find a quick pg then we have a team.

Iceman_9
12-05-2011, 06:53 AM
that lineup will be too slow. Our transition D will suffer a lot. Kobe and Fish arent quick either..

ldawg
12-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Target Williams he will not stay in jersy

Storch
12-06-2011, 02:53 AM
It will only work if we had a point guard that was fast enough to get on transition defense instead of just trying to get a charge every time.

GREATNESS ONE
12-06-2011, 03:13 AM
I agree with Bruno. I see Barnes starting at the 3 spot this season.

BigGuy951
12-06-2011, 04:25 AM
I'd rather have Barnes starting at the 3 and Odom coming off the bench. We're a deeper team that way, imo.

By the way, isn't still weird for you guys to see one of our players change their name to "World Peace"? It still feels weird to me...

L@ker4Life
12-06-2011, 01:19 PM
M. Brown already said in his press conference with Mitch that he will not play the 3 bigs together, or at least start them. I don't like the idea of the 3 of them playing together, not enough speed or athleticism. Like someone else said, I wouldn't mind seeing Barnes earn the starting 3 spot.

2Jiggy4u
12-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Starting LO makes our bench look even worse... GAH!