PDA

View Full Version : Oden Looking to Re-up with Blazers for 1 More Year

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Center Greg Oden is reportedly "strongly leaning" toward re-signing with the Blazers for a one year, $8.8 million qualifying offer and then becoming an unrestricted free agent this summer.
To say this is the most important 66-game stretch of Oden's life is a big understatement. He'll have to first prove he's just healthy enough to play, and then prove that he's healthy enough to be worth a big contract after the season. He's got his work cut out for him, but if there was ever a time to bet on Oden overcoming the odds, it's now. Unfortunately, determination isn't going to be the deciding factor on whether or not his knee holds up this season. Dec 4 - 8:07 PM

Twitter-Marc Spears

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/1357/greg-oden

Jag4444
12-04-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't blame him. Prove he is healthy and effective and cash in next summer, or get hurt and get the bare minimum for the next 5 years before he retires early.

dhopisthename
12-04-2011, 10:28 PM
if I were him and I was 100% sure I would stay healthy then I would take that 1 year deal and get paid very well next year. However, for him if someone say offers a 4 year deal for 20 mill how could you turn that extra money down?

McPeak92
12-04-2011, 10:29 PM
if I were him and I was 100% sure I would stay healthy then I would take that 1 year deal and get paid very well next year. However, for him if someone say offers a 4 year deal for 20 mill how could you turn that extra money down?

Cause if he stays healthy he will get 3 times that.

dhopisthename
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Cause if he stays healthy he will get 3 times that.

and if he isn't he will get like 1/10 of that if he ever really gets anything

phoenix_bladen
12-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Although he hasn't proven anything it would be stupid for blazers to let him to I'd say try their best to re uP him to a long term deal at best he becomes really good at worst he is a bad contract and honestly the blazers invested so much into him they need to take this risk

McPeak92
12-04-2011, 10:49 PM

Worth the risk. He just needs to take care of his legs and get a good trainer. Better chance he doesn't blow his knee out again than he does.

Although he hasn't proven anything it would be stupid for blazers to let him to I'd say try their best to re uP him to a long term deal at best he becomes really good at worst he is a bad contract and honestly the blazers invested so much into him they need to take this risk

They can't let him or not let him. They have to offer the QO or risk letting him walk.

dhopisthename
12-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Worth the risk. He just needs to take care of his legs and get a good trainer. Better chance he doesn't blow his knee out again than he does.

I wouldn't since he can't stay healthy at all, but its not my money

llemon
12-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Center Greg Oden is reportedly "strongly leaning" toward re-signing with the Blazers for a one year, $8.8 million qualifying offer and then becoming an unrestricted free agent this summer.
To say this is the most important 66-game stretch of Oden's life is a big understatement. He'll have to first prove he's just healthy enough to play, and then prove that he's healthy enough to be worth a big contract after the season. He's got his work cut out for him, but if there was ever a time to bet on Oden overcoming the odds, it's now. Unfortunately, determination isn't going to be the deciding factor on whether or not his knee holds up this season. Dec 4 - 8:07 PM

Twitter-Marc Spears

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/1357/greg-oden

Even if he gets injured again this season, some team will sign him again next season, and hope for the best.

He has made a lot of money already in his non-NBA career, while having the best doctors and best others trying to get him healthy.

If he never plays another NBA game, he should still consider himself to be one of the .001% luckiest people in the world.

Unfortunately, humans do not operate on that type of thinking, which is why we are all DOOMED........DOOMED I tell you.

But other than that, everything is fine.

phlp_bj
12-04-2011, 11:47 PM
he should be on the suns. their training staff is pretty amazing with what they've done with hill and shaq when he was on the team

BranWingss
12-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Top 5 or so center when healthy. Such a shame injuries are hurting him this bad, and this early in his career. Hopefully he can shake them off, and have a big year for the Portland Trail Blazers.

Tmath
12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Raptors are looking for a stop gap C, just saying.

AKAYaReal
12-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Good move. If he has a good season, he will still get real money from Por and or another team.

If he and Roy can prove to be healthy this season, Por can be a top 3 team in the west with the roster they have.

cooters22
12-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Wrong, take 20 or take 8 is not 1/10 of anything. You are basing you 1/10 on if he gets injured, but he'd still have 8 million.

jrm2054
12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I just want to see him healthy he has all the tools he just needs to be on the court

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-05-2011, 04:01 PM
he should be on the suns. their training staff is pretty amazing with what they've done with hill and shaq when he was on the team

lol it didnt help vince, idk people overrate suns medical staff too much imo.