PDA

View Full Version : Paul Open To Trade To Magic, Clippers

jason6692
12-04-2011, 04:25 AM
this could be good news for magic fans. If they can find some way acquire Paul they can retain Howard and have them both.

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/216983/Paul_Open_To_Trade_To_Magic_Clippers

*Superman*
12-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Someone needs to show Paul this.

http://www.staydwight.com/images/ChrisPaulOrlando.gif

Monta is beast
12-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Paul and Howard would be a scary duo, who would work out. Ones a passing point guard the other is a scoring big man.

shep33
12-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Bad news for the Knicks, Nets and Lakers. I wonder how true this is though. Cp3 just recently said he wanted to be a knick, but knew they don't have the pieces to get him. Then I read somewhere that he never asked for a trade to the Knicks, now I hear this.

Sorry, a lot of BS is floating around, so I can't believe this with everything else I've heard in the past 2 days

Sportfan
12-04-2011, 04:43 AM
I hear that Boston city is nice

HouRealCoach
12-04-2011, 04:45 AM
I HIGHLY doubt this is true

*Superman*
12-04-2011, 04:48 AM

I don't see why.

He wants to play with Dwight, this is his chance, force his way to Orlando.

With LA, he gets to play with Blake. But he has expressed interest in teaming with Dwight, this would be it. Everyone knows that him going to NY is very unlikely.

shep33
12-04-2011, 04:49 AM

I agree, too many opposing stories are circulating about CP3.

abe_froman
12-04-2011, 04:50 AM

i dont see why its any more doubtful than any of the other places speculated about

but magic might have to bring more teams in to get it done

shep33
12-04-2011, 04:51 AM
I don't see why.

With LA, he gets to play with Blake. But he has expressed interest in teaming with Dwight, this would be it. Everyone knows that him going to NY is very unlikely.

Yeah, but playing with Blake and without Eric Gordon, IMO doesn't make the Clips contenders yet. I still think Memphis, OKC, the Lakers, and Mavs would be better than them considering the Clips would have to give up a lot of young pieces.

Hellcrooner
12-04-2011, 04:54 AM
lol, nice, paul, howard and scrubs, they getting very far in playoffs .....:facepalm:.

double the hurt come 1st of july when BOTH walk away.

kntresistheheat
12-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Bad link?

shep33
12-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Realistically, I still don't see them as good as Miami either, even with Paul and Howard being a great duo.

But I don't get how this trade is gonna go through? No way in hell does NO take on Turks contract and no way another team does either. They'll use the amnesty on Gil, but then how are they going to sign max contracts with both Howard and Paul and have room to sign anyone else? If they do they won't have any room to sign anyone else in the future. It'll basically be like Miami, but with 2 all-stars instead of 3. The rest of the team will be made up of scrubs.

IU Hoosiers 3
12-04-2011, 05:25 AM
i just feel like cp3 will play this season as a hornet and then sign with the knicks..the nba is crumbling and we're gunna have like 5 teams that can compete in the next 2 or 3 years

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-04-2011, 05:26 AM
dont see it happening

Hellcrooner
12-04-2011, 05:36 AM
i just feel like cp3 will play this season as a hornet and then sign with the knicks..the nba is crumbling and we're gunna have like 5 teams that can compete in the next 2 or 3 years

1980-85
lakers/celtics/Sixers/bucks/rockets 5 teams.
85-90
Lakers/celtics/Pistons/ 3 teams
90-93
Bulls/blazers/suns/Knicks/magic 5 teams
93-98
Bulls/rockeets/Knicks/Spurs/Jazz/Sonics 6 teams
98-2004
Lakers/spurs/Kings/Pistons/pacers 5 teams
2004 until now
Lakers/heat/Mavs/Spurs/celtics 5 teams

wtf is new?

JDMVP
12-04-2011, 05:51 AM
Im sure the NBA would be more than happy to take Great players like Agent 0 and Hedo. The only realistic piece that Orlando can really offer is Jameer and Im not even sure if the Hornets would even think about that.....

Rndy
12-04-2011, 06:04 AM
CP3 to Orlando would be a horrible move. :whistle:

Mr_Amaziing
12-04-2011, 06:12 AM

That's Legiit
Can you put Blake Griffin in a Okc uniform :) #23
please

waveycrockett
12-04-2011, 06:15 AM
The guy who wrote this post is some hometown college kid from Orlando with posting privileges on realm. It's a joke really because everyone knows Magic have no assets to get him.

oak2455
12-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Grasping for anything:sad2:

bholly
12-04-2011, 07:22 AM
The guy who wrote this post is some hometown college kid from Orlando with posting privileges on realm. It's a joke really because everyone knows Magic have no assets to get him.

This is definitely worth everyone being aware of. This is the same guy who started the Iggy for Turk straight up rumor in July that no other reporter ever touched again.

There's nothing to suggest this guy has any credible sources, or even any new sources - as far as we know he's no better informed than any of us.

Which sucks a little, as I like both ideas.

onlythisfar41
12-04-2011, 07:22 AM
welcome to: **************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

HAHAHA. See im laughing because I bet you didnt know that every time you post annoying adds in a forum, a large 7 foot man sneaks into your house and donkey punches you.

Iron24th
12-04-2011, 07:26 AM
BS,why the hell he would play in a team that would have to give half of their core to trade for him?!

Mishmin
12-04-2011, 08:00 AM
BS,why the hell he would play in a team that would have to give half of their core to trade for him?!

Because that trade would most likely be Eric Gordon, Aminu, maybe one other and some picks. Or DeAndre Jordan, Aminu, one other, and picks.

I don't see Clippers sending both Jordan and Gordon. So in the end, you'll have Cp3, Griffin, Jordan- or Cp3, Gordon, and Griffin. Either way, you've still got plenty of talent to make a foundation.

waveycrockett
12-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Read what this guy wrote on twitter about the Magic and tell me he is a credible source for trade rumors.

http://twitter.com/#!/MisterRudolph/status/142438184675057664

It's like he lives in the same bubble formerly occupied by Cavs fans pre-decision.

ldawg
12-04-2011, 09:12 AM
no way Cp3 and Howard beat Miami

justinnum1
12-04-2011, 09:38 AM
realistically, i still don't see them as good as miami either, even with paul and howard being a great duo.

But i don't get how this trade is gonna go through? No way in hell does no take on turks contract and no way another team does either. They'll use the amnesty on gil, but then how are they going to sign max contracts with both howard and paul and have room to sign anyone else? If they do they won't have any room to sign anyone else in the future. It'll basically be like miami, but with 2 all-stars instead of 3. The rest of the team will be made up of scrubs.

+1

mttwlsn16
12-04-2011, 09:51 AM

no

http://media.photobucket.com/image/nba%20teams/Zac_Sweeney/NBA%20Photoshops/Chris%20Paul%20in%2030%20Teams/Clipper.png?o=134

mttwlsn16
12-04-2011, 09:52 AM

says the laker fan

NY-FLmagicknick
12-04-2011, 10:13 AM
here is an interesting article

http://www.baynews9.com/article/sports/2011/december/353364/Howard-wants-to-stay-wants-superstar-confidant-tells-BHSN

JOSKOMANG4
12-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Only trade I can think of is..

PG Nelson, PF's D.Orton & B.Bass, & 2012 1st rd pick for PG CP3

Magic Lineup: *Amnesty G.Arenas

C- D12/FA
PF- R.Anderson/J.Harper/FA
SF- Hedu/Q
SG- FA MLE/Reddick/Liggins
PG- CP3/Duhon

Hornets:

C- Okafur/Anderson/Gray
PF- Bass/Orton
SF- Ariza/Pondexter/Ewing
SG- Bellinelli/FA
PG- Nelson/Jack

Mishmin
12-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Only trade I can think of is..

PG Nelson, PF's D.Orton & B.Bass, & 2012 1st rd pick for PG CP3

Magic Lineup: *Amnesty G.Arenas

C- D12/FA
PF- R.Anderson/J.Harper/FA
SF- Hedu/Q
SG- FA MLE/Reddick/Liggins
PG- CP3/Duhon

Hornets:

C- Okafur/Anderson/Gray
PF- Bass/Orton
SF- Ariza/Pondexter/Ewing
SG- Bellinelli/FA
PG- Nelson/Jack

That trade isn't good enough for me if I am the Hornets. Nelson has plateaued, Bass is good but more of a sixth or seventh man/energy guy to me. To lose Cp3, you've got to have some strong prospect coming back to you. In this light, they'll be talking to the clippers a lot more than they'll be talking to Orlando.

tbomlad
12-04-2011, 10:33 AM
CP3 to Orlando would be a horrible move. :whistle:

Especially for a Bulls fan.

nycericanguy
12-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Bad news for the Knicks, Nets and Lakers. I wonder how true this is though. Cp3 just recently said he wanted to be a knick, but knew they don't have the pieces to get him. Then I read somewhere that he never asked for a trade to the Knicks, now I hear this.

Sorry, a lot of BS is floating around, so I can't believe this with everything else I've heard in the past 2 days

ORL has even less to trade than NY, Reddick, Nelson & Bass are decent players, but they make a ton of money and aren't exactly that young anymore with potential. I don't see why NO would want to take any of those guys at big money, they would need to rebuild with cheap, young players.

that being said I'm not sure this is "bad" news for NY, i really feel they might be better off just signing Nash and keeping all their young guys.

ne3xchamps
12-04-2011, 10:43 AM

CP3 to the knicks is such a pipe dream. Unless they give up melo for CP3 straight up. No money as well as not having the pieces to trade.

ne3xchamps
12-04-2011, 10:46 AM
On the other hand, CP3 to the clipppers would be out of control! They would be competing with the lakers for the division if CP3 were to go there.

KnicksR4Real
12-04-2011, 10:48 AM
There are so many rumors going around. Some of them are bound to be false.

ManningToTyree
12-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Too much speculation to believe anything. This is going to be Melo- drama all over again except with two stars instead of one.

nycericanguy
12-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Too much speculation to believe anything. This is going to be Melo- drama all over again except with two stars instead of one.

Yep, alot of people have their own agenda for "leaking" false info. How many times was Melo about to be traded to NJ last year? Really hard to believe much of anything.

MrfadeawayJB
12-04-2011, 11:07 AM
I think this give more hope to the LA Clippers actually. They have alot more to offer the Hornets back than the magic do

thedfactor
12-04-2011, 11:12 AM
I think Paul and Howard would make a sick combo. Always think how good CP3 made Chandler look, imagine him having Dwight and vice versa. Wow

BigCityofDreams
12-04-2011, 11:21 AM
CP3 to the knicks is such a pipe dream. Unless they give up melo for CP3 straight up. No money as well as not having the pieces to trade.

Why would the Knicks even think about giving up Melo? Why would Melo even go to NO?

BKLYNpigeon
12-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Orlando does not have much to offer, but if they can package two 1st round picks, it might be enticing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Magic don't have much trade assets to even pry Paul there in a trade. Future first's mean nothing when Magic will be in the playoffs. Its like a second round pick. Even if you amnesty Arenas and sign a few decent free agents not sure ya can go around and trade them right away? Cause a Bass,Redick,Nelson isn't that appealing. Best bet to keep Howard in Orlando. Is amnesty agent 0. Then try and lure as many decent amnesty players as ya can. Not sure who they are but try and get a few and use them as trade chips at the deadline for Paul. That's your only hope to keep Howard. Or trade for a bunch of expiring's now so ya can land a second star there in the summer. But still a risk Howard leaves.

Mr Costanza
12-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Why would the Knicks even think about giving up Melo? Why would Melo even go to NO?

Bc john hollinger said so.

Evolution23
12-04-2011, 12:35 PM
LOL the clippers

KJ21.the.truth
12-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Bhsn reports d12 wanting to stay in Orlando. Hows that grab ya? :dance:

theheatles
12-04-2011, 01:06 PM
i hope chris paul goes to otown

florida = basketball mecca

ManRam
12-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Clippers easily could offer more than us. So if he does indeed tell NO that he'd go to either team, NO would be foolish to trade him to us...unless they want to ship him to the East.

I still think it's 100% unlikely that he comes to Orlando.

waveycrockett
12-04-2011, 01:23 PM
i hope chris paul goes to otown

florida = basketball mecca

haha florida and mecca in the same sentence is funny

Slimsim
12-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Otis had last year and this year to clear cap and become a player in a 2012 FA to get a big name PG to play with the best Center in the league. Instead he trade bad contracts for even worse contracts. And spend the MlE on Duhon who i hardly seen play for Orlando. He has till the trade deadline to clear cap to get either cp3 or D will

La11
12-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Doesn't Clippers own Minnys 2012 first round pick?

Dade County
12-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't see why.

So now it's Ok for a star to force his way somewhere... wtf

He should finish out his contract with his team... like ( Lbj, Bosh )

Stop demanding trades when you are under contract.

I do hope that these two team up ( in either city )

ManRam
12-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Otis had last year and this year to clear cap and become a player in a 2012 FA to get a big name PG to play with the best Center in the league. Instead he trade bad contracts for even worse contracts. And spend the MlE on Duhon who i hardly seen play for Orlando. He has till the trade deadline to clear cap to get either cp3 or D will

Well, there's still time. The amnesty clause and Gil's fat contract might actually make that easy to do. They'll have under $40 in guaranteed contracts entering next off-season. They probably could lower that number easily with a few shrewd trades.

And Duhon didn't get the full MLE. They split it on him and Q. Just an FYI.

La11
12-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Doesn't Clippers own Minnys 2012 first round pick?

Lol K yeah I answered my own question and they do. I don't see how New Orleans does not trade him to the Clippers.

NO gets Minny first,Clippers first and another future first, and Eric Bledsoe.

Clippers get CP3

Amnesty Mo Williams

waveycrockett
12-04-2011, 01:35 PM
It took the Knicks how many years for the Knicks to clear enough cap room to afford 2 max free agents?? And Otis is going to do it in half a season??:speechless:

Dade County
12-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Realistically, I still don't see them as good as Miami either, even with Paul and Howard being a great duo.

But I don't get how this trade is gonna go through? No way in hell does NO take on Turks contract and no way another team does either. They'll use the amnesty on Gil, but then how are they going to sign max contracts with both Howard and Paul and have room to sign anyone else? If they do they won't have any room to sign anyone else in the future. It'll basically be like Miami, but with 2 all-stars instead of 3. The rest of the team will be made up of scrubs.

You know it :D .... Thats why howard should go out west and team up with Cp3 their...

He could at less make it to the finals out there, in a couple of years.

OKC will be their to challenge them, and Dallas will eventual fade along with the Lakers.

oak2455
12-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Bhsn reports d12 wanting to stay in Orlando. Hows that grab ya? :dance:

til anything happens then I'll believe it Dancing Queen,but if it does then you have every right to be happy:)

KJ21.the.truth
12-04-2011, 01:48 PM
til anything happens then I'll believe it Dancing Queen,but if it does then you have every right to be happy:)

Teach me how to dougie?

todu82
12-04-2011, 01:57 PM
A Howard and Paul duo would be scary, I think if I was the Magic and wanted to keep Dwight I'd do everything in my power to try and acquire Chris Paul.

5ass
12-04-2011, 01:58 PM
You know it :D .... Thats why howard should go out west and team up with Cp3 their...

He could at less make it to the finals out there, in a couple of years.

OKC will be their to challenge them, and Dallas will eventual fade along with the Lakers.

ill take howard+paul over wade+james anyday of the week. They're games compliment each other, instead of overlapping each other. CP3 and dwight can only make each other better, wade and james hurt their individual impact by teaming up with each other. Who do the heat have to guard howard? Joel anthony? what about paul? Mario chalmers? Im taking the magic if they can put together a decent team, they'll match up well. just an example..
Paul/west
Pietrus/Qrich
Ariza/AK/Clark
Anderson/Harper
Howard/Orton

we have the 5 great defenders (ariza,pietrus, q-rich, AK, clark) to throw at james and wade. IF cp3 and dwight team up in orl u cant tell me they dont pose a threat to the heat because thats crazy.

oak2455
12-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Teach me how to dougie?

Listen this is gonna drag til the end... so in the mean time you can practice your dancing skills:D

MagicBucsSox
12-04-2011, 02:10 PM
It's gonna take another team or too for Orlando to get this done. Plus their willingness to take on bad contracts

Sactown
12-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Nelson
Orton
Bass
Anderson
first round picks

for CP3

Cp3
Reddick
Hedo
FA
Dwight

mgsports
12-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Keep Nelson to SG.
Magic get CP3
Hornet getes MO Williams/Anderson/Bass/Reddick,Orton,Overseas Players from Magic and so on.
Clippers get Players from Hornets.
Magic don't have a Liggins or Harper on Rosters. Pietrus Back on Magic? Which West because the one on Boston isn't a Free-Agent and other plays PF who the Magic need? Who is AK because Andrew K. the Magic need.

kingsdelez24
12-04-2011, 02:45 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79mz5sn

add some picks from the magic and the hornets apparently improve... don't you just love the trade machine?

Tony_Starks
12-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Nelson
Orton
Bass
Anderson
first round picks

for CP3

Cp3
Reddick
Hedo
FA
Dwight

That trade is so horrible its almost funny.....

kartyea
12-04-2011, 02:54 PM
never gonna happen waste of a thread the whole world knows where cp3 is going, a lot of you guys are just in denial. enough with the threads on reporters articles who never get anything right.

M.Bibby2.0
12-04-2011, 02:55 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79mz5sn

add some picks from the magic and the hornets apparently improve... don't you just love the trade machine?

lol why, WHY would the hornets want turk and his contract for the best pg in the nba... Turk has negative trade value, nelson for cp3 straight up is a better deal for the hornets, obviously still horrible.

ink
12-04-2011, 02:56 PM
this could be good news for magic fans. If they can find some way acquire Paul they can retain Howard and have them both.

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/216983/Paul_Open_To_Trade_To_Magic_Clippers

For Orlando's sake I hope this happens and the Lakers and Knicks have to build teams like the rest of the league.

da ThRONe
12-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I know I'm a Hornets fan, but IMO it would make more sense for Howard to come here then it does Paul to go there.

We could bring in a third team like Minnesota.

Minnesota

Would get Daniel Orton, Marco Belinelli, Hornets 2012 1st round and Magic 2012 1st round.

Orlando

Would get Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, Micheal Beasley

New Orleans

would get Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Martell Webster

Minnesota dumps it's two biggest contracts at the spot where they have the most depth while adding depth at the 5 and 2 spot.

Orlando can amnesty Arenas and trade Turkuglo. Get a decent C, a solid SF, and a potential superstar at PF.

New Orleans gets Howard, we can amnesty Turkuglo, and a replacement for Ariza.

Dade County
12-04-2011, 03:02 PM
ill take howard+paul over wade+james anyday of the week. They're games compliment each other, instead of overlapping each other. CP3 and dwight can only make each other better, wade and james hurt their individual impact by teaming up with each other. Who do the heat have to guard howard? Joel anthony? what about paul? Mario chalmers? Im taking the magic if they can put together a decent team, they'll match up well. just an example..
Paul/west
Pietrus/Qrich
Ariza/AK/Clark
Anderson/Harper
Howard/Orton

IF cp3 and dwight team up in orl u cant tell me they dont pose a threat to the heat because thats crazy.

Yeah, I agree... (Very Good Team)

We will see them every 2nd or 3rd round... and thats all she wrote folks!
The east is on lock, some fan basses just have to face it :shrug:

we have the 5 great defenders (ariza,pietrus, q-rich, AK, clark) to throw at james and wade

I'm not even going to comment on this.

Dade County
12-04-2011, 03:03 PM
I know I'm a Hornets fan, but IMO it would make more sense for Howard to come here then it does Paul to go there.

Of course You Do :D

ink
12-04-2011, 03:05 PM
ill take howard+paul over wade+james anyday of the week. They're games compliment each other, instead of overlapping each other. CP3 and dwight can only make each other better, wade and james hurt their individual impact by teaming up with each other.

Definitely some truth to that. Imagine the inside outside game Howard and Paul would create.

Sportfan
12-04-2011, 03:06 PM
go to BOSTON

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Keep Nelson to SG.
Magic get CP3
Hornet getes MO Williams/Anderson/Bass/Reddick,Orton,Overseas Players from Magic and so on.
Clippers get Players from Hornets.
Magic don't have a Liggins or Harper on Rosters. Pietrus Back on Magic? Which West because the one on Boston isn't a Free-Agent and other plays PF who the Magic need? Who is AK because Andrew K. the Magic need.

liggins and harper are our 2011 draft picks.
AK is andre kirilenko. (for mle)
delonte west is a Free agent.
and u clearly dont know the meaning of "for example"

knicks4life33
12-04-2011, 03:13 PM
him and howard would be nasty combo

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I agree... (Very Good Team)

We will see them every 2nd or 3rd round... and thats all she wrote folks!
The east is on lock, some fan basses just have to face it :shrug:

I'm not even going to comment on this.

damn, u sound almost worse than lebron "not 1, not 2, not 3..." haha u never know what happens, things can change.
what do u mean ur not going to comment? ur saying its stupid? ur saying those defenders arent good enough to bother wade and james? or what? if u dont want to comment dont say anything at all, or else explain yourself.

ink
12-04-2011, 03:17 PM
him and howard would be nasty combo

Probably the best pairing of all the "super team" combos. Def better than Melo and Amare, and because of superior matching, probably better than Lebron and Wade, even though Lebron and Wade are two of the best individual players in the league. This would be one combo I'd want to see. Similar complementary skill sets to Pau and Kobe. Obviously not the same but the same combination of inside power and outside scoring/playmaking prowess. Only Howard brings power that Pau could never dream of and Paul is a brilliant playmaker. I'd actually like to see these two in either NO or Orlando. Hope their GMs make it happen.

Punk
12-04-2011, 03:17 PM
For Orlando's sake I hope this happens and the Lakers and Knicks have to build teams like the rest of the league.

So, It's okay for a superstar to team with Dwight but It's a bad thing for Kobe to team with Dwight or Paul to team with Carmelo/Amare?

If your going to be against superteams, be consistent. Because it's all bias from the logic of everyone in here.

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Definitely some truth to that. Imagine the inside outside game Howard and Paul would create.

also 2.4 bpg by howard and 2.4 spg thats a lot of stops on the defensive end. Imagine playing against them, you would have to be very wary of chris paul coming out of nowhere on the passing lanes, and dwight flying out of nowhere to block ur shot. Is it crazy to think that with a decent team (without a 3rd star) around them, they can be better than miami?

da ThRONe
12-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Of course You Do :D

Yeah it's hard to seperate my emotions from my opinions, but I do feel like even with the little we have we can offer Orlando more for Howard than they can offer us for Paul. Not saying it's a great deal either way.

THE MTL
12-04-2011, 03:22 PM
1980-85
lakers/celtics/Sixers/bucks/rockets 5 teams.
85-90
Lakers/celtics/Pistons/ 3 teams
90-93
Bulls/blazers/suns/Knicks/magic 5 teams
93-98
Bulls/rockeets/Knicks/Spurs/Jazz/Sonics 6 teams
98-2004
Lakers/spurs/Kings/Pistons/pacers 5 teams
2004 until now
Lakers/heat/Mavs/Spurs/celtics 5 teams

wtf is new?

Thank you. Nothing is new and I hate how ppl acting crazy

ink
12-04-2011, 03:25 PM
So, It's okay for a superstar to team with Dwight but It's a bad thing for Kobe to team with Dwight or Paul to team with Carmelo/Amare?

If your going to be against superteams, be consistent. Because it's all bias from the logic of everyone in here.

There's no doubt I don't want to see any more superteams. But since it's now inevitable because Paul has requested a trade, at least something has to be done to block the big spenders and give the opportunity to the teams that developed these guys. So the least worst option (since they have both whined their way out of their teams) is for them to go to either ORL or NO.

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah it's hard to seperate my emotions from my opinions, but I do feel like even with the little we have we can offer Orlando more for Howard than they can offer us for Paul. Not saying it's a great deal either way.

its actually a much worse deal, why would orl give up that many players and take on the bad contracts of ariza and okafor and trade away arguably the best player in the game. Paul just came off an injury season season and the worst since his rookie year, that hurts his value. Dwight on the other hand has had his best season yet. Not to mention u have orl losing theier 1st round pick and orton. Id rather just not trade dwight. Beasley isnt worth all that or else he wouldnt have been traded for a 2nd rounder by miami.

Dade County
12-04-2011, 03:53 PM
damn, u sound almost worse than lebron "not 1, not 2, not 3..." haha u never know what happens, things can change.
what do u mean ur not going to comment? ur saying its stupid? ur saying those defenders arent good enough to bother wade and james? or what? if u dont want to comment dont say anything at all, or else explain yourself.

I guess theirs a gun to my HEAD... smh

Why do I have to type that Wade & Lbj would still score 30pts on those defenders... Why do I have to type, Wade & Lbj would still penetrate & cause Howard to be in file trouble.

Why do I have to type that I THINK the HEAT can & will beat the combo of Howard & Cp3, just so you can disagree with ME... SMH

Now wrote your post and disagree with ME.

DAMN... I said they would be a very GOOD team, and the HEAT will see them every 2nd or 3rd round....

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dade County
12-04-2011, 03:57 PM
. Paul just came off an injury season season and the worst since his rookie year, that hurts his value. Dwight on the other hand has had his best season yet. Not to mention u have orl losing theier 1st round pick and orton. Id rather just not trade dwight. Beasley isnt worth all that or else he wouldnt have been traded for a 2nd rounder by miami.

But you still want him with all of your HEART. So their is no reason of even bringing Cp3 past injuries up.

MJ-BULLS
12-04-2011, 04:00 PM
I don't think Chris Paul will end up getting traded.

5ass
12-04-2011, 04:08 PM
I guess theirs a gun to my HEAD... smh

Why do I have to type that Wade & Lbj would still score 30pts on those defenders... Why do I have to type, Wade & Lbj would still penetrate & cause Howard to be in file trouble.

Why do I have to type that I THINK the HEAT can & will beat the combo of Howard & Cp3, just so you can disagree with ME... SMH

Now wrote your post and disagree with ME.

DAMN... I said they would be a very GOOD team, and the HEAT will see them every 2nd or 3rd round....

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll score their 25 points, but they will not be as efficient. If wade and james are so unstoppable they would have got their rings last year. Im sorry, but ur crazy to think that they dont have a good chance against the heat. If 40 yr old Jason kidd can bother lebron, u have to realize he has flaws in his game, and so does D-wade, but ur just blinded by ur homerism. Also howard is good enough to prevent himself from getting into foul trouble, CP will get him so many easy buckets he will not waste too many of his fouls on the offensive end, which is what usually happens when he is in foul trouble. I dont want anything from u, what the hell is the matter with u? why join a sports forum if u dont want to discuss and listen. Instead u have this cocky "no comment" and "im always right" attitude that honestly makes u look like a *******.

5ass
12-04-2011, 04:10 PM
But you still want him with all of your HEART. So their is no reason of even bringing Cp3 past injuries up.

I said it hurts his value, i didnt say he was ****, hes still one of the best when healthy.

PC
12-04-2011, 04:10 PM
The Magic really don't have any assets to make a move for Paul. Of the teams linked to Paul so far, the Clippers seem to be the most reasonable choice here

5ass
12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
The Magic really don't have any assets to make a move for Paul. Of the teams linked to Paul so far, the Clippers seem to be the most reasonable choice here

I agree, but neither does NY. clippers can put together a package that no1 can match.

D Blue987
12-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Clippers would still be at least another year from being a legit title contender even with CP3. They dont have anybody that is scary in the front court. Griffin is a good player but there needs to be at least one more star up front for them to be a legit contender.

Dade County
12-04-2011, 04:21 PM
They'll score their 25 points, but they will not be as efficient. If wade and james are so unstoppable they would have got their rings last year.

I'm not blind to what happened it that Dallas series ( the rest of the world is, but not me).

Im sorry, but ur crazy to think that they dont have a good chance against the heat.

I didn't say they don't have a chance... I just FEEL that the HEAT will win a series against them; is that WRONG?

If 40 yr old Jason kidd can bother lebron,

Jason kid had nothing to do with anything...

u have to realize he has flaws in his game, and so does D-wade, but ur just blinded by ur homerism. Also howard is good enough to prevent himself from getting into foul trouble,

When Howard plays against the HEAT, ... he's always in file trouble, just like any other teams center. And both Superstars have flaws in their game, you're right; but couldn't you say that about all NBA players?

CP will get him so many easy buckets he will not waste too many of his fouls on the offensive end, which is what usually happens when he is in foul trouble.

Agreed!

I dont want anything from u, what the hell is the matter with u? why join a sports forum if u dont want to discuss and listen.

Because you should already no this... Wade & Lbj are not going to be stopped by the players that you mentioned. Thats why I responded the way that I did... Your fault not mine :D

Instead u have this cocky "no comment" and "im always right" attitude that honestly makes u look like a *******.

I am human, so that means most of the time I am dead wrong! :D

And I am not cocky.

Geargo Wallace
12-04-2011, 04:24 PM
He's obviously coming to Toronto.

Dade County
12-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I said it hurts his value, i didnt say he was ****, hes still one of the best when healthy.

Thats why I brought it up... it doesn't hurt his trade value; you are the one pointing it out, so it benefits what you are trying to sale.

Their is no reason to bring up Cp3 past injures because every team in the league, would still trade half their team for him...

Thats all.

No reason to go any further then this.

Dade County
12-04-2011, 04:29 PM
He's obviously coming to Toronto.

Theirs a lot of die hard toronto fans I see...

I hope you guys actually get someone, someday... you deserve it.

5ass
12-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm not blind to what happened it that Dallas series ( the rest of the world is, but not me).

I didn't say they don't have a chance... I just FEEL that the HEAT will win a series against them; is that WRONG?

Jason kid had nothing to do with anything...

When Howard plays against the HEAT, ... he's always in file trouble, just like any other teams center. And both Superstars have flaws in their game, you're right; but couldn't you say that about all NBA players?

Agreed!

Because you should already no this... Wade & Lbj are not going to be stopped by the players that you mentioned. Thats why I responded the way that I did... Your fault not mine :D

I am human, so that means most of the time I am dead wrong! :D

And I am not cocky.

-U said the heat have the east locked up, that means orl doesnt stand a chance.
-j-kidd was just an example to show that lebron is not unstoppable. U throw 3 very capable defenders on him like ariza, pietrus and andre kirilenko throughout the game, and its going to affect him.
-its "foul trouble". thats the second time u mention "file trouble".

Cracka2HI!
12-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Clippers could keep their top 3 players(Griffin, Gordon and Jordan) and still make the best offer.

Clippers get; Paul, Okafur and Ariza
Hornets get; Williams, Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe and Minny's 2012 #1

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=86vwt6w

Kaman and Williams both give New Orleans cap relief next offseason, they get 2 21 year olds coming off good rookie years and a very likely top 5 pick. They also shed their only 2 long term contracts. Both of those players would be very useful for the Clippers.

5ass
12-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Clippers could keep their top 3 players(Griffin, Gordon and Jordan) and still make the best offer.

Clippers get; Paul, Okafur and Ariza
Hornets get; Williams, Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe and Minny's 2012 #1

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=86vwt6w

Kaman and Williams both give New Orleans cap relief next offseason, they get 2 21 year olds coming off good rookie years and a very likely top 5 pick. They also shed their only 2 long term contracts. Both of those players would be very useful for the Clippers.

after the cp3 to orl rumors, im just hoping ur cheap owner decides to not want to eventually pay max money for cp3, gordon, griffin and then deandres big contract. because really orl can never put together a package that can match that.

Dade County
12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
-U said the heat have the east locked up, that means orl doesnt stand a chance.

All that means is that i am a fan of my team... I did not single out any team.

-j-kidd was just an example to show that lebron is not unstoppable. U throw 3 very capable defenders on him like ariza, pietrus and andre kirilenko throughout the game, and its going to affect him.

it will affect him, but it still wouldn't stop Wade or Lbj form getting theirs. (It's a super star driven league).

-its "foul trouble". thats the second time u mention "file trouble".

My bad... I'm human... (thats crazy) :facepalm: to myself :cry:

da ThRONe
12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
its actually a much worse deal, why would orl give up that many players and take on the bad contracts of ariza and okafor and trade away arguably the best player in the game. Paul just came off an injury season season and the worst since his rookie year, that hurts his value. Dwight on the other hand has had his best season yet. Not to mention u have orl losing theier 1st round pick and orton. Id rather just not trade dwight. Beasley isnt worth all that or else he wouldnt have been traded for a 2nd rounder by miami.

What can ORL give us? Nobody ever will get market value for top 5-10 players. What we can offer you will atleast keep you guys where you are now. A middle of the pack non title contending team. What you guys can offer us isn't now where near what we are with Chris and doesn't help us in the future.

NYKNYGNYY
12-04-2011, 04:45 PM
im done believeing rumors

5ass
12-04-2011, 04:54 PM
All that means is that i am a fan of my team... I did not single out any team.

it will affect him, but it still wouldn't stop Wade or Lbj form getting theirs. (It's a super star driven league).

My bad... I'm human... (thats crazy) :facepalm: to myself :cry:

again u do realize, Dirk (only superstar on his team) beat 3 superstars dont you?

Kashmir13579
12-04-2011, 05:03 PM
The writing is already on the wall.

ink
12-04-2011, 05:05 PM
The writing is already on the wall.

True enough.

Writing on wall: "We gave up too much for Melo and overspent on both of them."

;)

5ass
12-04-2011, 05:06 PM
What can ORL give us? Nobody ever will get market value for top 5-10 players. What we can offer you will atleast keep you guys where you are now. A middle of the pack non title contending team. What you guys can offer us isn't now where near what we are with Chris and doesn't help us in the future.

come one man, im not dissing NO or anything, but why would dwight want to a smaller market, and a team without an owner? Atleast in orl they know they have one of the richest owners in the NBA, an owner thats willing to have the highest payroll in the nba, and they just built a new arena.
You seriously think okafor, ariza and beasley (whos conract expires next season) is enough for howard, orton and a 1st round pick?
You seriously think adding those 3 players and losing howard will not make us a worse team?
You seriously think in the case where orl lose dwight they wont want draft picks and young talent? They wont want to get rebuild through the draft by sucking instead of staying in the 6-8 range for the next 3 years and then rebuilding?
Jameer,Redick, Bass, Orton, 2 1st round picks for paul and ariza isnt better?

ink
12-04-2011, 05:08 PM
again u do realize, Dirk (only superstar on his team) beat 3 superstars dont you?

You realize that the superior TEAM beat them don't you? The entire point of that series is that superstars can't do it alone.

5ass
12-04-2011, 05:11 PM
You realize that the superior TEAM beat them don't you? The entire point of that series is that superstars can't do it alone.

exactly, i was responding to him saying its a "superstar driven league"

Kashmir13579
12-04-2011, 05:18 PM
True enough.

Writing on wall: "We gave up too much for Melo and overspent on both of them."

;)

'Melo was interviewed at the Syracuse Florida game a couple nights ago, he was asked if he talked to Chris about teaming up in New York, and lets just say he doesn't have a great poker face.

LA_Raiders
12-04-2011, 05:58 PM
CP3 traded for who? All Orlando has is bad contracts...

RLundi
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Nelson, Ryan Anderson and Bass are all good contracts, not to mention they are relatively young. Plus the Hornets would almost assuredly demand whoever gets Paul also take on Okafor's mammoth contract. Reviewing Otis Smith's recent track record shows he would have absolutely no qualms with that.

Dade County
12-04-2011, 06:29 PM

Like I sated before (in other post), I am not fooled by that series...

Lbj had his agenda ... and thats that.

If you would like to blame Lbj performance on chocking/playing scared/ to big of a moment... etc; him averaging like 2 points in the forth... etc

Once again, I am not easily fooled like the rest of america/world.

Remember, the NBA moved into the entertainment business along time ago. And wasn't america entertain by the Finals.

da ThRONe
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
come one man, im not dissing NO or anything, but why would dwight want to a smaller market, and a team without an owner? Atleast in orl they know they have one of the richest owners in the NBA, an owner thats willing to have the highest payroll in the nba, and they just built a new arena.
You seriously think okafor, ariza and beasley (whos conract expires next season) is enough for howard, orton and a 1st round pick?
You seriously think adding those 3 players and losing howard will not make us a worse team?
You seriously think in the case where orl lose dwight they wont want draft picks and young talent? They wont want to get rebuild through the draft by sucking instead of staying in the 6-8 range for the next 3 years and then rebuilding?
Jameer,Redick, Bass, Orton, 2 1st round picks for paul and ariza isnt better?

Show me where I said that deal was a good one. I said we have more to offer in a trade then you guys have to offer us. We will have a local ownership group shortly headed by a billionaire. In the West which will be an easier path to the titles over the next few years.

Tony_Starks
12-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Show me where I said that deal was a good one. I said we have more to offer in a trade then you guys have to offer us. We will have a local ownership group shortly headed by a billionaire. In the West which will be an easier path to the titles over the next few years.

What are you smoking? OKC? Memphis? Portland? Utah? They all have young cores and will probably be 50+ win teams for years. Not to mention Lakers and Spurs still have a few years of contention left in them......

5ass
12-04-2011, 07:05 PM

what im telling u, is with all the trades that u could have come up with, that would've been one of the worst. You had the magic losing dwight, a future 1st round pick and last years 1st round draft pick (orton) for 2 horrible contracts (ariza and okafor). Thats not better than letting dwight just leave in FA, is it?

heattiltheend94
12-04-2011, 07:06 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
throw in a first roudner

Nelson, Redick, Bass, first round for Paul

da ThRONe
12-04-2011, 07:07 PM

What are you smoking? OKC? Memphis? Portland? Utah? They all have young cores and will probably be 50+ win teams for years. Not to mention Lakers and Spurs still have a few years of contention left in them......

The Spurs window is closed. The Lakers are not far behind if they don't manage a trade to bring in a young star. OKC is the only tough team as the roster is constructed as of right now. The rest are solid teams but clearly not title contenders.

5ass
12-04-2011, 07:07 PM

If you would like to blame Lbj performance on chocking/playing scared/ to big of a moment... etc; him averaging like 2 points in the forth... etc

Remember, the NBA moved into the entertainment business along time ago. And wasn't america entertain by the Finals.

What are u trying to say? Lebron didnt win the chamionship because he didnt want to? LMAO ur even crazier than i thought.

Punk
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
There's no doubt I don't want to see any more superteams. But since it's now inevitable because Paul has requested a trade, at least something has to be done to block the big spenders and give the opportunity to the teams that developed these guys. So the least worst option (since they have both whined their way out of their teams) is for them to go to either ORL or NO.

You just want to whine and complain about big spenders. That's all. It has nothing to do about anything else.

You do not just use the "well he requested a trade so yea" as an excuse. Either you are consistent with it or not. You CANNOT pick sides.

"I don't wanna see anymore superteams, Lakers and knicks ughh!!" but "go to magic, create anoter superteam cause its a small market yeaaa!"

God knows, Dwight is a big whiner because he feels his team is terrible (which they are) and he has to carry the load and he could go to a team that has a better GM, owner and actually knows what the hell they are doing.

God knows, Paul wants to play for a team that actually spends money properly and fills arenas.

What a bunch of whiners. They should spend the rest of their career getting bounced out the playoffs!

ManRam
12-04-2011, 07:09 PM
A Howard and Paul duo would be scary, I think if I was the Magic and wanted to keep Dwight I'd do everything in my power to try and acquire Chris Paul.

Well duh. Otis has already contacted NO, but we just don't have a ton to offer. If he does want to go to LAC, NO would be dumb to trade him to us over them. LAC can offer a good package.

We can do "everything in our power" but unless that results in a miracle, it's very unlikely.

ManRam
12-04-2011, 07:11 PM
You just want to whine and complain about big spenders. That's all. It has nothing to do about anything else.

You do not just use the "well he requested a trade so yea" as an excuse. Either you are consistent with it or not. You CANNOT pick sides.

"I don't wanna see anymore superteams, Lakers and knicks ughh!!" but "go to magic, create anoter superteam cause its a small market yeaaa!"

God knows, Dwight is a big whiner because he feels his team is terrible (which they are) and he has to carry the load and he could go to a team that has a better GM, owner and actually knows what the hell they are doing.

God knows, Paul wants to play for a team that actually spends money properly and fills arenas.

What a bunch of whiners. They should spend the rest of their career getting bounced out the playoffs!

Haha. If you didn't hop on the Knicks bandwagon last year you'd be signing a different tune.

RLundi
12-04-2011, 07:12 PM

... You cannot be serious.

pacersfan1967
12-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Because that trade would most likely be Eric Gordon, Aminu, maybe one other and some picks. Or DeAndre Jordan, Aminu, one other, and picks.

I don't see Clippers sending both Jordan and Gordon. So in the end, you'll have Cp3, Griffin, Jordan- or Cp3, Gordon, and Griffin. Either way, you've still got plenty of talent to make a foundation. If eric gordon was traded it would be a one year deal I believe eric gordon well be a coming back home to play for is home town Indiana pacers.....:clap:

5ass
12-04-2011, 07:13 PM

like melo didnt ***** his way to NY?

da ThRONe
12-04-2011, 07:24 PM
what im telling u, is with all the trades that u could have come up with, that would've been one of the worst. You had the magic losing dwight, a future 1st round pick and last years 1st round draft pick (orton) for 2 horrible contracts (ariza and okafor). Thats not better than letting dwight just leave in FA, is it?

It's a 50+ win team that could win a playoff series. Which is more then what we would get from ORL.

Nelson/FA
FA/Redick
Ariza
Beasley/Bass
Okafor/Anderson

Clearly I hold Beasley in higher regard but he's a younger Amar'e Stoudemire to me.

RLundi
12-04-2011, 07:31 PM
It's a 50+ win team that could win a playoff series. Which is more then what we would get from ORL.

Nelson/FA
FA/Redick
Ariza
Beasley/Bass
Okafor/Anderson

Clearly I hold Beasley in higher regard but he's a younger Amar'e Stoudemire to me.

Except for the fact that Beasley's basketball IQ is 7.

5ass
12-04-2011, 07:33 PM

Nelson/FA
FA/Redick
Ariza
Beasley/Bass
Okafor/Anderson

its clearly not a 50+ win team,
miami
bulls
boston
knicks
hawks
are 50+ win teams in the east, that team would be 40 wins or even less. no way they get higher than a 6th seed. You are overrating beasley a TON, hes nowhere near amares level. Amare is MUCH MUCH more efficient than beasley. Beasley is not very efficient offensively and hes a tweener which makes him a bad defender too, like i said if he was so good then miami wouldnt have traded him for a 2nd rounder. Also dont forget he was part of a 17 WIN TEAM last season! If he was so good, they wouldnt have had the worst record in the league. and i actually like beasley, but ur severley overrating him.

mgsports
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Magic +11 wins PG Paul,SG Nelson,SF Hedo or Ariza,PF Kaman and Howard Center. Mo Williams,Jack and Chris Duhon PG's for Hornets also JJ starting SG. Gilbert intill a future PG comes and other 2 for Clippers Future.

Yes I knew it was Example and it doesn't mean those 2 rounders for Magic will make Roster.

5ass
12-04-2011, 07:44 PM
^ i have a good feeling about harper, i think he will be a decent player.
and no way will the clippers accept that trade, even though ur link isnt working so i dont know exactly what it is but why would they want to trade 2 expirings for arenas and then amnesty arenas (which means paying him like 60 mill dollars)

Tony_Starks
12-04-2011, 08:05 PM

Man I hear you. All this small market fan superteam crying gets really old really fast. How much do you wanna bet at the end of the season all these small market teams with money and a new system thats catered to them will have done exactly what they've been doing for years.... either nothing or signing scrubs.

People act like the superstars owe them some kind of personal favor to stay with a perrineal loser until they break their back from having to do everything themselves. They want players to be like McGrady and waste their best years and when they are finally able to get on good teams not be able to produce anymore.......

5ass
12-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Man I hear you. All this small market fan superteam crying gets really old really fast. How much do you wanna bet at the end of the season all these small market teams with money and a new system thats catered to them will have done exactly what they've been doing for years.... either nothing or signing scrubs.

People act like the superstars owe them some kind of personal favor to stay with a perrineal loser until they break their back from having to do everything themselves. They want players to be like McGrady and waste their best yearsand when they are finally able to get on good teams not be able to produce anymore.......

Orlando was ready to surround McGrady with Grant Hill and Tim Duncan. Duncan decided to stay in san antonio, and grant hill was injured. If grant hill stayed healthy tmac could have done some damage in the playoffs. It was bad luck.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Orlando was ready to surround McGrady with Grant Hill and Tim Duncan. Duncan decided to stay in san antonio, and grant hill was injured. If grant hill stayed healthy tmac could have done some damage in the playoffs. It was bad luck.

Incorrect. It was grant hill or Tim Duncan .

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Haha. If you didn't hop on the Knicks bandwagon last year you'd be signing a different tune.

You can say that about the a majority of the Heat fan base . When I first joined this site it had numerous Cavs fans and a few Heat fans . Now we have guys with late 2010 join dates claiming they have been Heat fans for years. It disgust me that the Knicks have bandwagon fans and it will be worse if we snag another star. Hard pressed to find a Cavs fan now and we have Heat homers claiming to lose the finals on purpose in this thread.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-04-2011, 10:44 PM

People act like the superstars owe them some kind of personal favor to stay with a perrineal loser until they break their back from having to do everything themselves. They want players to be like McGrady and waste their best years and when they are finally able to get on good teams not be able to produce anymore.......

Nobody was crying about the Knicks spending when we stunk for a decade. How many chips have we won with the unfair advantage we have. How many Players used the Knicks as leverage to get better contract offers. WE STRUCK OUT ON SO MANY FA IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

Dade County
12-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Hard pressed to find a Cavs fan now and we have Heat homers claiming to lose the finals on purpose in this thread.

The HEAT had nothing to do with it ( Why would the HEAT lose on purpose ?)... (Thats all on LBJ)

I am asking for it :D, I can't expect blind sheep to see the truth for what it is... children of the world.

I'll just face palm myself NOW :facepalm: and again :facepalm:

5ass
12-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Incorrect. It was grant hill or Tim Duncan .

direct quote from then GM John Gabriel

Former Magic General Manager John Gabriel told me that "after Tim's visit to Orlando, we got the sense he was considering us strongly. At that point, we were looking at maybe getting all three."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-10-26/sports/os-magic-schmitz-heat-1026-20101026_1_hill-and-tracy-mcgrady-stan-van-gundy-otis-smith

like i said orl was ready to surround mcgrady with hill and duncan

5ass
12-04-2011, 11:04 PM
The HEAT had nothing to do with it ( Why would the HEAT lose on purpose ?)... (Thats all on LBJ)

I am asking for it :D, I can't expect blind sheep to see the truth for what it is... children of the world.

I'll just face palm myself NOW :facepalm: and again :facepalm:

are u best friends with lbj or what? i mean for him to tell u all his secrets

sunsfan88
12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
If CP3 went to the Clippers, what would be a more dangerous duo, CP3-Griffin or the Nash-Amare duo that used to be in PHX?

marj987
12-04-2011, 11:14 PM
No homo....but Paul kinda looks good in a magic jersey, but no....I don't see it happening.

ink
12-04-2011, 11:15 PM

Haha sounds like a plan. I couldn't care less if they win anything. And especially not winning by collusion. A person can't really be a sports fan if you're ok with collusion but I guess star followers don't care about anything except doing their obligatory worship. To each his own.

Sactown
12-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Haha sounds like a plan. I couldn't care less if they win anything. And especially not winning by collusion. A person can't really be a sports fan if you're ok with collusion but I guess star followers don't care about anything except doing their obligatory worship. To each his own.

Best scenario, They both stay for their perspective teams, Worst is if CP3 is in NY, and Dwight in LA, middle ground is they join the others team IMO

NY-FLmagicknick
12-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Steve Kyler – 12/04/2011 4:15pm EST
Earlier today Dave Baumann from Bright House Sports joined Alex Kennedy and I on my radio show in Tampa to talk about his report last night which suggested that Dwight Howard was more interested in “finishing what he started” in Orlando than forcing a trade from the Magic.
Baumman was with Howard at Rollins College yesterday where members of Dwight’s inner circle made it crystal clear that Howard knew a trade from the Magic was possible, but that his first choice would be to remain in Orlando, get some help by way of trades and make another run.
Baumann’s sources specifically named Chris Paul of the Hornets and Golden State’s Monta Ellis as players Dwight would like to see added to the roster.
There are a couple of points on this…
Golden State is said to have more than a passing interest in adding Magic free agent Jason Richardson, and with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, a sign and trade with the Warriors is possible. Its almost impossible to believe the Warriors would do a Richardson for Ellis swap straight up, but the Magic do hold the draft rights to Justin Harper and have several attractive role players.
Its long been believed the Warriors were looking to move Ellis because of his similarities to Warrior guard Stephen Curry, would the Magic be willing to take on the contract of Andris Biedrins as part of a deal? That might be what has to happen in order for the Warriors to move on a Magic offer, but it still seems far fetched to think Golden State would simply dump Ellis just to move Biedrins.
For the record Ellis has three years and $33 million left on his deal at $11 million per season. Biedrins has three years and $27 million on his deal at $9 million per season.
A deal involving say Jameer Nelson and his two remaining years at $7.8 million and a sign and trade deal involving Richardson in the $10 to $11 million per year range could get the Warriors better fitting pieces and shed significant long term debt. The deal would be a down grade in overall talent from Ellis, but would shed Biedrins and allow the Warriors to put their Amnesty exception in their pocket and maintain all of their cap room to go after a center like Tyson Chandler or Denver’s Nene.
The Magic may struggle to get New Orleans to part with Chris Paul for the kinds of players they have to offer, but Monta Ellis seems far more obtainable especially with the Warriors having eyes for Jason Richardson.

Sadds The Gr8
12-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Orlando has absolute trash on that roster. No package is worth Paul

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-04-2011, 11:35 PM

It is wack. But I'm not gonna deny that if my team builds a team to try and counter the Heat , Celts, Lakers how can I not support it 4 my team. But truthfully without the arrivals of Melo and Amare I still loved my team when all we had to look frwd to draft postion and watching Dlee , Nate, develop.

dee279
12-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Lol K yeah I answered my own question and they do. I don't see how New Orleans does not trade him to the Clippers.

NO gets Minny first,Clippers first and another future first, and Eric Bledsoe.

Clippers get CP3

Amnesty Mo Williams

If you would throw in Aminu nd bledsoe with the 2 first nd a next year first, i would accept that. Look at it this way, a top 10 pick from Minny, new orleans having a top 5 pick most likely and the clippers top draft pick at around 20 nd up nd you could draft some really good players n a very deep 2012 draft. If it inevidable that they will lose CP3 nd it is, why not start the rebuilding with a couple 20 year old n Aminu nd Bledsoe and draft some more in the draft. If im the hornets, im thinking thats best case scenario.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Best scenario, They both stay for their perspective teams, Worst is if CP3 is in NY, and Dwight in LA, middle ground is they join the others team IMO

Why is it a worst case scenario if he goes to ny?

BigCityofDreams
12-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Why is it a worst case scenario if he goes to ny?

Because the evil Knicks would have stolen another star from a defenseless small market team

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-05-2011, 03:46 AM
direct quote from then GM John Gabriel

Former Magic General Manager John Gabriel told me that "after Tim's visit to Orlando, we got the sense he was considering us strongly. At that point, we were looking at maybe getting all three."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-10-26/sports/os-magic-schmitz-heat-1026-20101026_1_hill-and-tracy-mcgrady-stan-van-gundy-otis-smith

like i said orl was ready to surround mcgrady with hill and duncan

I stand corrected and apologize...

mgsports
12-05-2011, 02:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine This Trade Better because Magic get Paul and Jamison and Cavs get rid of Davis but get back Gilbert and Ariza and Magic also get rid of Duhon and JJ.

76erEaglePhils
12-05-2011, 02:14 PM
I may be thye only one, but I think Paul and Griffin would be a great fit I think he really needs to consider the Clippers over Magic.

cooters22
12-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Great there are 15 star players in the NBA and they will play for 7 different teams. I can't wait.

flips333
12-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Great there are 15 star players in the NBA and they will play for 7 different teams. I can't wait.

Yup.