PDA

View Full Version : Conference Finals (NYK forum) 1) Revis Island vs 2) Poughkeepsie

NYKalltheway
12-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the playoff voting for the PSD Knicks Forum NBA Redraft. You will notice that all teams are representing the state of New York and that they are fictional.
Please take the time to review both teams, look at the depth chart and read the write ups to formalize your own opinion on which team would win a 7 game series.
Thank you for voting and enjoy the match ups.

Clubhouses link (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662405)

Revis Island has home court advantage

Revis Island:

PG: Raymond Felton (21)/Jameer Nelson(21)/LeBron James (6)
SG: Ray Allen (32)/Andre Iguodala (16)/Keith Bogans
SF: LeBron James (32)/Andre Iguodala (16)/Kyle Korver
PF: Paul Millsap (30)/Anderson Varejao (8)/Brandon Bass(8)
C: Kendrick Perkins (30)/Shaquille O'Neal (10)/Anderson Varejao (8)

PG: Felton, Jameer, and for crunch time, LeBron vs. Chauncey and Toney. We win this matchup, handily. I watched 3 of these guys all year for the Knicks. There's a reason we were winning with Felton and not with Chauncey. He's old, slow, and washed up. I see what he brings to the table for a team, but he can't keep up with my two PGs in their prime. Toney is the ultimate irrational confidence guy, he'll take any shot and think it's a smart decision. Do you really want him taking big shots? Doesn't matter, he's gonna take them anyway. If Chauncey can even stay on the court in this series, he's gonna have major problems with these two guards. Oh, and if that isn't an issue, this will be. Neither of them are playing the point in crunch time, LeBron is. Good luck defending LeBron Chauncey, you'll need it.

SG: Ray Allen and Iggy vs. DeRozan and Mayo. An all time great and a borderline all star vs. Two slightly above average players. Don't really need to say much here. Iggy will lock down DeRozan when he's on him, both of my guys will score at will on DeRozan. This isn't rocket science.

SF: LeBron and Iggy vs. Durant and Jefferson. I love Durant, he's a fantastic player, but he's flawed. He's not a very good defender. That's sort of an issue when you're defending LeBron. LeBron is absolutely gonna have his way with Durant. On the other side, the two guys who will be defending Durant (LeBron and Iggy) are both fantastic defenders, obviously there's no shutting down a player like Durant, but we'll make him work for every point he gets and we'll limit him as well as any team could. Considering he's their only major scoring threat, I don't see where else they'll go when we give Durant problems.

PF: Paul Millsap, Brandon Bass and Anderson Varejao vs. Duncan and Haslem. I'd be ******** myself over this match up if it were 2005. It's not. It's 2011. Tim Duncan is a shell of his former self, living solely off of his name and teammates. Why should I be scared of a guy who puts up only 12.7 ppg, even if his name is Michael Jordan? Paul Millsap is a better scorer than him right now, this isn't an all time redraft it's a current redraft. Now I'll grant Duncan is a better defender, which should make this match up even, but don't just give Duncan the edge because he WAS great, this is about what he IS, as in NOW, and NOW he is mediocre at best. Not too much to say on the bench, Varejao is a great energy guy who will provide a bit of a change up from Millsap, and Bass can give us a bit of scoring off the bench if we need it. They match up pretty evenly with Haslem, nobody's getting a major edge.

C: Perkins, Shaq and Varejao vs. Noah and Lopez. This is an all defensive match up. Neither Perk nor Noah is gonna be scoring double digits. Not much to say here, just a lot of defense. I will however, bring up my secret weapon. This game assumes everyone's healthy. When Shaq was healthy this year, he was pretty damn solid for the Celtics. We can bring him in off the bench for 12-15 minutes each game and he can give us a nice inside scoring threat, at the very least he'll draw some fouls to help get Noah and Duncan out of the game. I think that's where we have the edge in this position. Perk, Noah, Varejao and Lopez do the same things, they essentially cancel each other out, Shaq gives us a major weapon for stretches off the bench.

Overall: My team is better than his team, my players our better than my players, we win this match up.

Poughkeepsie:

PG: Chauncey Billups(32)/Toney Douglas(16)
SG: DeMar DeRozan(28)/OJ Mayo(20)/Anthony Parker
SF: Kevin Durant(35)/Richard Jefferson(13)
PF: Joakim Noah(30)/Udonis Haslem(18)/Reggie Evans
C: Tim Duncan(30)/Robin Lopez(18)

Congrats to Revis Island and running a very well constructed team around LeBron. Obviously, any team with LeBron as the “go-to guy” will be in the playoffs for a while. I expect this to be a great series. Best of luck to you.

PG: Chauncey Billups(32)/Toney Douglas(16)
SG: DeMar DeRozan(28)/OJ Mayo(20)/Anthony Parker
SF: Kevin Durant(38)/Richard Jefferson(10)
PF: Tim Duncan(30)/Udonis Haslem(18)/Reggie Evans
C: Joakim Noah(30)/Robin Lopez(18)

6th man: OJ Mayo

To begin, I think my team is well balanced. I have leadership in Billups and Duncan who can help everyone mesh together well. To go along with that, I have a ton of playoff experience in both of them, as well as Noah and Durant to add to my starting lineup, with more from my bench pieces. DeRozan being a slasher can help with the fact that since Durant could get doubled a bunch of times, leaving lanes open for DeRozan to attack the basket against a weak front court. Milsap+Perkins is flat out not a good front-court in a redraft this shallow of teams. Iggy off the bench is a great luxury, but he won't be able to do what makes him good since he's backing up LeBron, who will be on the court for most of the game.

PG match up:
Chauncey Billups (6’3) vs Raymond Felton (6’1)

-I don’t see much of a fight here. I think Billups has the clear edge given the fact that he can still provide to the scoring load and is still a good defender. Billups still has the ability to make the big shot in crunch time, where Felton struggles most of the time. While both played for the Knicks last year, I think Billups was more of a threat to other teams, and because of that, the edge should be in my favor. He is a Finals MVP, 5x NBA All-Star, 1x All-NBA 2nd team, and 2x All-NBA 3rd team.

Edge: Poughkeepsie

-I think this is a no brainer. Ray Allen is the greatest shooter in the history of the game, so Allen has the edge here. But DeRozan being on a team with Durant can get a lot of open lanes to the basket. He’s not as much of a shooter than Allen is, but he can knock down the shot if needed.

Edge: Revis Island

-This is why both teams got this far. Both are great finishers towards the rim and can shoot very well. Durant has shown over the past few years that he can score at will at anytime by winning two consecutive NBA Scoring Champion awards, along with being a 2x NBA All-Star and 2x All-NBA 1st team. Obviously LeBron is arguably the best player in the league, but Durant is not far at all, especially showing that he’s possibly the best scorer in the league. Both play good defense and have played well against each other in their respected careers. It’s hard to just give an edge to anyone in this match up considering their both phenomenal players. Obviously, LeBron has a lot more awards and such, but Durant has only been in the league for 3 years and already has 2 scoring titles, 2 All-Star selections and 2 All-NBA 1st team awards... which will only grow into more and more.

Edge: Even

-Another heigh advantage in Poughkeepsie’s favor should help Noah win this battle. Noah being a top 5 center in the league should also help as well. He has only been on an All-NBA Defensive 2nd team, but he is still very young with a long way to come, and more defensive team awards to come. I have him going against Millsap in this series because Duncan might not be able to handle Millsap like Noah can.

-Tim Duncan is getting older, but don’t let that sway your vote. He is still a good defender and Perkins was terrible last year. Duncan may be old, but is one of the greatest big men to ever play in the NBA. Duncan has the clear edge here, especially after the season Perkins had with the Thunder and Celtics last year. He’s a 3x NBA finals MVP, 2x MVP, 13 All Star appearances, 9x All-NBA 1st team, 3x All-NBA 2nd team, 1x All-NBA 3rd team, 8x All-Defensive team, and 5x All-Defensive 2nd team. His career doesn’t lie.

I think I win this matchup. Outside of LeBron, where’s the threat? I think it’s been proven that LeBron can’t do it alone (hence why he left Cleveland). Yes, I know LeBron will become the PG in crunch time, bring in Iggy to the SF position, but I’m still confident that I can win this series. When exactly is crunch time? With Iggy coming in late into games, you take out Felton and move LeBron to PG, but that can also take shots away from Ray Allen. Not everyone will be happy between LeBron getting most of the touches, Allen sitting on the outside, and Iggy on the wing waiting for the ball to come to him. I still have a major defensive stoppage in Duncan and Noah down low, and it will be very difficult to score at the basket. His front court is no match for mine, as mine would destroy it with the height advantage I have down there, along with every other starting position on the court.

Thank you for taking your time to read my write up. I know it’s long (that’s what she said), but the longer the better (that’s what she said) in a close match up like this. Thank you to those who voted for me.

Good luck to both teams

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Because there has been an issue of voters just looking at the starters and not the backups I feel the need to reiterate this point: I HAVE ANDRE IGUODALA! NOTICE THAT! HE IS ON MY ROSTER! HE EXISTS EVEN THOUGH HE IS NOT STARTING!

NYKalltheway
12-03-2011, 02:26 PM
:laugh:

knicks=love
12-03-2011, 02:50 PM
At the beginning of my write up, I forgot to switch around my lineup. Anyway I can get that edited because I switched Duncan and Noah at the end of my write up and I don't wanna confuse everyone

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm not gonna dissect your whole writeup KL, but come on in what universe are LeBron and Durant "even" :laugh:

knicks=love
12-03-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm not gonna dissect your whole writeup KL, but come on in what universe are LeBron and Durant "even" :laugh:

Look at their match up. And what universe are you in saying that I don't win down low. I put Duncan on Perkins for a reason and put Noah in his place.

knicks=love
12-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Bump

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Look at their match up. And what universe are you in saying that I don't win down low. I put Duncan on Perkins for a reason and put Noah in his place.

I did read it, at the end of the day you say that durant and LeBron are even, they most certainly are not. Durant MIGHT be a better scorer, and that's debatable. LeBron is a far better passer, rebounder and defender. As for down low, Tim Duncan is vastly overrated at this point just because his name is Tim Duncan. This is not 2003, he's not a super star anymore. His all star selection last year was a joke, it was a life time achievement award. He's nothing more than a quality starter at this point, which is what Paul Millsap is. In name value they aren't close, but on the court Tim Duncan is not the MVP he used to be, not even close. I'm not saying my front court is better or anything, but why am I to believe that you're gonna have a significant advantage when one of your big men barely scores (just like mine) and your other one is a shell of his former self?

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 05:20 PM
If height were so important Ben Wallace wouldn't have 4 DPOY's and Charles Barkley wouldn't be a hall of famer.

knicks=love
12-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Perkins is garbage. There's no way he'd be able to do anything with Duncan or Noah on him. Looking at the matchup between lebron and durant, that's where I got them even. I'd take Durants scoring over lebrons any day of the week. He's proven he can score at will with 2 scoring titles in his 3 years already.

You can't say Duncan isn't good anymore. You don't just wake up the next day and become bad at something. My front court is better. Period. If Duncan isn't good anymore, than shaq isn't either. It's the same argument.

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm not saying he woke up and he's bad, I'm saying he's been declining and last year was the worst year yet. He is not the old Tim Duncan. And Perkins was coming back from a torn ACL last year, of course he wasn't gonna be the same player right away. It's been proven that it takes awhile to recover from that. But this game assumes everyone is healthy. When Kendrick Perkins is healthy he's a defensive stopper and a very nice center to have on your team.

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 05:50 PM
As for LeBron vs. Durant, no **** Durant won scoring titles, LeBron split shots with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh last year, and in Cleveland he had to do EVERYTHING, he couldn't focus all of his energy on scoring because he had to pass, rebound, defend the other team's best player and be the leader. If you put LeBron in the Durant's situation, the traditional superstar role (one other all star so he doesn't have to carry the entire load but not so many that it cuts back his possessions) I'm fairly certain LeBron scores as much or more than Durant. Oh, and LeBron was a 51% shooter last year, Durant was a 46% shooter. If they took the same amount of shots LeBron would have scored more. Even if you adjust his percentages to more shots I doubt it falls 5%. There's also the fact that LeBron played with way more pressure on a daily basis than Durant has ever even dreamed of and still put up those great stats, I'm sure LeBron would enjoy getting to play the relaxed atmosphere of OKC (at least on the court, obviously not his style on the court). Here's the big thing though, even if Durant is a better scorer than LeBron, there is no well in hell he could do all of the things LeBron does. Durant is a great player. Top 5-10 in the league. LeBron is a TRANSCENDENT player, clear cut best in the league. He is better than Durant. They are not even. We've both made our cases for our teams in the writeups and that's obviously a matter of opinion, but LeBron is better than Durant, they are not even, that is fact.

xxplayerxx23
12-03-2011, 06:05 PM
The size advantage is the difference for me. Duncan and Noah would out rebound and pretty much take apart Milsap and Perkins. Lebron would keep it close and having Iggy come off the bench would make it a great series, But Durant and the size take it, I would say this series would go 7 games.

KnicksorBust
12-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Poughkeepsie's frontcourt is the difference for me. Revis Island really should have traded Iggy and upgraded either Millsap or Perkins. It would have been an easy W with LeBron + Ray Allen + All Star PF/C.

The_Jamal
12-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Duncan and Noah would **** all over Milsap and Perk and that's the difference in the series

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Can someone explain to me how their frontcourt would dominate mine? Together they average 24 points. They aren't ******** on anyone. Factor in that a HEALTHY Kendrick Perkins is a dominant defender and I don't see why it's such a big mismatch.

knicks=love
12-03-2011, 11:16 PM
bump

knicks=love
12-04-2011, 08:05 AM
bump again. we need more votes guys.

knicks_champ
12-04-2011, 01:01 PM
bump again. we need more votes guys.

this

NYKalltheway
12-04-2011, 01:01 PM
double score :p

knicks_champ
12-04-2011, 06:15 PM
bump

knicks=love
12-04-2011, 09:52 PM
can people please vote in this. 19 votes isn't enough for anyone's liking.

knicks_champ
12-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Bump

knicks=love
12-05-2011, 05:01 PM
How long are these match ups up for?

knicks_champ
12-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Till the 11th

knicks=love
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
damn that's such a long time

RevisIsland
12-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Well things are at least getting a bit closer, come on we need more votes! Where are the LeBron fans when I need them?

knicks=love
12-05-2011, 08:37 PM
if people are strictly voting for just lebron, that's ridiculous.

knicks_champ
12-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Bump

RevisIsland
12-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Come on the comeback is in motion!

knicks=love
12-06-2011, 12:23 AM
i really wanna know how people are making their choices. i feel like no one is reading any of the write ups, and are just looking at lebron and going, "well **** the other team, he's got lebron so he wins".

knicks=love
12-06-2011, 12:28 AM
please read my write up. switching duncan and noah for the match ups gives me a huge advantage in this series. i don't see them getting many buckets from his front court on duncan and noah. both are very good on the defensive end and durant, billups and derozan, with mayo off the bench as my 6th man can carry the scoring load, with duncan putting in a few buckets when needed down low. all he really has is lebron for much of the scoring, and ray allen. iggy is on the bench sitting there, waiting for "crunch time" to come in.

RevisIsland
12-06-2011, 12:37 AM
i really wanna know how people are making their choices. i feel like no one is reading any of the write ups, and are just looking at lebron and going, "well **** the other team, he's got lebron so he wins".

I really feel like you're not giving my team enough credit. Your post advantage isn't nearly what you think it is because well, neither of your big men are good enough scorers to take advantage of any size advantage, and considering a healthy Perkins is a legit defensive anchor I don't think it's really that much of a help to you. You also continue to neglect to mention that our best player (LeBron) will always be defended by a mediocre defender (Durant), whereas your best player (Durant) will always be defended by an elite defender (LeBron or Iggy). I also haven't seen you explain how you're gonna match up with my LeBron at PG crunch time lineup, which I think gives us a big advantage at the end. Then there's the Ray Allen over DeRozan advantage, and honestly Chauncey really isn't that good anymore (he just seemed washed up most of the time he was on the team last year). Maybe voters see what I see. It's not just about LeBron, I have a really good team, that's why I got here in the first place. I was the #1 seed for a reason.

RevisIsland
12-06-2011, 12:38 AM
please read my write up. switching duncan and noah for the match ups gives me a huge advantage in this series. i don't see them getting many buckets from his front court on duncan and noah. both are very good on the defensive end and durant, billups and derozan, with mayo off the bench as my 6th man can carry the scoring load, with duncan putting in a few buckets when needed down low. all he really has is lebron for much of the scoring, and ray allen. iggy is on the bench sitting there, waiting for "crunch time" to come in.

This is not true at all. Let's say LeBron and Ray sit 12 minutes each, that's 24 total minutes for Iggy right there. Then there's crunch time where they'll all play together. Check my minutes. Iggy is playing big minutes.

knicks=love
12-06-2011, 12:42 AM
I really feel like you're not giving my team enough credit. Your post advantage isn't nearly what you think it is because well, neither of your big men are good enough scorers to take advantage of any size advantage, and considering a healthy Perkins is a legit defensive anchor I don't think it's really that much of a help to you. You also continue to neglect to mention that our best player (LeBron) will always be defended by a mediocre defender (Durant), whereas your best player (Durant) will always be defended by an elite defender (LeBron or Iggy). I also haven't seen you explain how you're gonna match up with my LeBron at PG crunch time lineup, which I think gives us a big advantage at the end. Then there's the Ray Allen over DeRozan advantage, and honestly Chauncey really isn't that good anymore (he just seemed washed up most of the time he was on the team last year). Maybe voters see what I see. It's not just about LeBron, I have a really good team, that's why I got here in the first place. I was the #1 seed for a reason.

i can name 15 people that say otherwise.

The_Jamal
12-06-2011, 12:47 AM
My question is why the voting period is so damn long

NYKalltheway
12-06-2011, 05:42 AM

my bad :o

knicks=love
12-06-2011, 09:12 AM

Exactly

RevisIsland
12-06-2011, 11:50 AM
i can name 15 people that say otherwise.

And I can name 17 who agree with me. It's pretty damn close right now, only one vote separates us. I don't see how that's a legitimate response.

knicks=love
12-06-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm just trying to spark a fire :p

RevisIsland
12-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Bump, come on we need more votes!

knicks=love
12-06-2011, 08:22 PM
18-17 is good enough ;)

RevisIsland
12-07-2011, 01:42 PM
B u m p

knicks_champ
12-07-2011, 05:15 PM
bump

RevisIsland
12-07-2011, 05:26 PM
bump

:nod:

RevisIsland
12-08-2011, 01:03 AM
We have a tie!

knicks=love
12-08-2011, 01:06 AM
...in both match ups

RevisIsland
12-08-2011, 01:20 AM
This is so freaking intense.

MTar786
12-08-2011, 02:00 AM
im surprised this is as close as it is. revis island wins it in a convincing 5 or 6 games imo. I know poughkeepsie has good interior defense.. but come on.. revis has lebron and you saw how he lit the bulls up in the ECF. ray allen is only arguably the best 3 point shooter ever.. and theyre goin to have derozan guarding him and chasing him off screens lol.
noah is good for defending the post. duncan doesnt have much at all to offer at this point of his career. id personally start shaq and nelson over felton and perkins.. because of the fact that they are more proven. nelson is a better overall pg imo as well. Either way.. id still take revis in 5 or 6 convincingly

RevisIsland
12-08-2011, 02:26 AM
im surprised this is as close as it is. revis island wins it in a convincing 5 or 6 games imo. I know poughkeepsie has good interior defense.. but come on.. revis has lebron and you saw how he lit the bulls up in the ECF. ray allen is only arguably the best 3 point shooter ever.. and theyre goin to have derozan guarding him and chasing him off screens lol.
noah is good for defending the post. duncan doesnt have much at all to offer at this point of his career. id personally start shaq and nelson over felton and perkins.. because of the fact that they are more proven. nelson is a better overall pg imo as well. Either way.. id still take revis in 5 or 6 convincingly

Thank you for actually posting your analysis of why you picked one side. Doesn't happen nearly enough. Very nice that you picked me. I'm absolutely stunned to be in the lead. I thought I was done.

knicks=love
12-08-2011, 08:11 AM

wow. If shaq is proven, then what is Duncan? It's the same exact argument. My front court is better than his but that fact that you said "come on he has lebron" is not an argument. Duncan not having much to offer is why I put him on Perkins and Noah on millsap. Just because he has lebron doesn't mean he'll win in 5 or 6 games "convincingly". This would go to 7 games no matter what you say.

Edit: did you even read my write up? I wouldn't doubt it after that post.

knicks=love
12-08-2011, 01:15 PM
bump. i'd hate to lose by 1 vote and that vote being the deciding factor because he has lebron.

knicks=love
12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
i always knew the knicks would end up bitting me in the ***. gonna try and bump this to get at least a vote :pray:

RevisIsland
12-08-2011, 05:45 PM
I'll bump this to, he bumped when I was losing it's only fair.

knicks=love
12-08-2011, 07:26 PM
revis, i've grown to like you after our little debacle during the redraft. i thought i was running away with this, but i'm glad it's a good battle to the end. no matter what the outcome is, it was a great match up.

RevisIsland
12-08-2011, 08:50 PM
revis, i've grown to like you after our little debacle during the redraft. i thought i was running away with this, but i'm glad it's a good battle to the end. no matter what the outcome is, it was a great match up.

Yea it's been a grueling battle, I thought I'd lost early on and was ready to send you a "congrats on the win" message, happy to be in the lead but no matter what it's certainly been a great match up and I've grown to like you a lot more than before as well :)

knicks=love
12-09-2011, 12:06 AM
bump. gotta give it a few last pushes (that's what she said)

knicks=love
12-09-2011, 10:26 AM
bump. 2 more days. looking like this is almost over.

knicks=love
12-09-2011, 04:22 PM
vote vote vote vote

knicks=love
12-10-2011, 11:22 AM
bump

Poughkeepsie
12-16-2011, 12:30 AM
What the hell is all this? I never signed up for some fruity NBA redraft.

Lucky.
12-16-2011, 12:50 AM
:laugh2: