PDA

View Full Version : What teams could benefit from a one year CP3/Dwight rental?

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Are there any teams that could benefit from giving up assets for a one year rental of CP3 or Dwight Howard? I have a few in mind:

- Atlanta: If they traded Josh Smith and some lesser pieces (Teague, Marvin Williams, picks, cash) and could roll out a big 3 of Joe Johnson, Al Horford and Chris Paul/Dwight Howard I think they could definitely compete in the east. Remember, either of those guys would exploit Miami's biggest weaknesses (center/PG), and neither of those guys have had one teammate like Johnson or Horford, much less two. And hey, maybe they enjoy their time there and decide to stay, I know CP3 wanted to go there in '05 and I'm pretty sure Dwight grew up there. If it doesn't work out, well they were probably gonna trade Smith anyway and if they wanted they could amnesty Joe Johnson next year and start rebuilding around Horford.

- Boston. Rondo for CP3. Simple. One last run with the big 3 and Paul, then KG and Allen expire and CP3 walks, they could hold onto Pierce or use the amnesty on him and completely start over (I believe Pierce and Rondo are their only players under contract beyond this year).

- New Jersey. Not necessarily a rental, because I think Dwight and Deron would stay if they were together, but I think they should do this even without a commitment. It's simple, either you get to compete with Dwight and Deron or they both walk and you get to wipe the slate clean and rebuild (if Prokhorov allows that).

- Orlando. If they could put together some sort of package to entice New Orleans for CP3 it might be their only hope to keep Dwight. Even without a commitment they could go all in for this year and just hope CP3 and Dwight decide to stay.

Any others?

LongIslandIcedZ
12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Boston IMO. Their window is closing but adding CP3 or Howard to the mix makes this team a favorite to win it this year.

Cal827
12-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Dallas. If they could somehow package a bunch of players for Howard, Dirk/Howard would just plain kill everyone lol, but there's probably no way in hell this happens.

oak2455
12-03-2011, 01:47 PM
can we merge all these threads:facepalm:

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Dallas would probably be the most interesting, I just don't know what they'd trade. Dirk and Howard would be unstoppable together. Steve Nash probably joins them for the minimum as well next year.

naps
12-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Pretty much all the contenders. But it's not happening.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 01:58 PM
can we merge all these threads:facepalm:

u mad?

if you dont like the thread, then dont open it...simple as that

JOSKOMANG4
12-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Blazers? - Oden, W.Matthews, Batum for D.Howard

C- HOward/Camby
PF- Lamarcus
SF- Wallace/babbitt
SG- Roy/A.Johnson/E.Williams
PG- Felton/N.Smith

theheatles
12-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Celtics probably would be the favorite to win it all with chris paul but luckily he doesn't want to go there

JOSKOMANG4
12-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Long shot but maybe the Raptors?

- C/PF E.Davis & A.Bargs, SG L.Barbosa, & 2012 1st rd pick for D12

C- Howard/Alabi
PF- Jonas V/A.Johnson
SF- J.Johnson/L.Kleiza
SG- Derozen
PG- Calderon/Bayliss

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Long shot but maybe the Raptors?

- C/PF E.Davis & A.Bargs, SG L.Barbosa, & 2012 1st rd pick for D12

C- Howard/Alabi
PF- Jonas V/A.Johnson
SF- J.Johnson/L.Kleiza
SG- Derozen
PG- Calderon/Bayliss

is this a joke?:confused:

oak2455
12-03-2011, 02:30 PM
u mad?

if you dont like the thread, then dont open it...simple as that

Its just silly that every thread is CP3 or Howard,but seems that wouldn't make sense:confused: Good Job:clap:

Sportfan
12-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Celtics probably would be the favorite to win it all with chris paul but luckily he doesn't want to go there
where did he say this?

Boston is the easy and obvious choice.

JLynn943
12-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Call me a homer (because I'm probably being one right now), but I honestly think that the Kings would be instant serious contenders with Dwight and that it would not be unrealistic for him to sign with us after this year. He's apparently good friends with Tyreke, and the Kings certainly have pieces Orlando should be interested in (Cousins, Thornton providing we re-sign him). It would all depend on getting some kind of commitment from Dwight that he'd stay...

Dade County
12-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Miami..... all of them ... Discounted.

Ant team that gets one of these guys, would benefit.

Houston rockets ..... I could have said any team.

Giraffes Rule
12-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Any contending team would benefit from replacing their point guard or center with the best players at that position in the league. Since everyone else is mentioning their team, why not the Spurs? Not likely that Dwight would come via trade, but a CP3 trade could be possible. If Demps likes Tony Parker enough, a Parker/Anderson or Parker/Blair combo could get him (assuming the Spurs are the only bidders outside of New York). Would benefit the Spurs immediately, and after the season they would have a lot of cap space freed up.

goNYgoNYgo
12-03-2011, 03:02 PM
teams singing
do you really wanna loove me forevaaa ah ah ah or is it just a hit and ruuun

KnicksR4Real
12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Celtics

believeinNYK
12-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Celtics as an "all in" option because it would be the last season for boston to go for a title run and the chance of paul leaving after would still definitely be there

Orlando- trading some or most of any valuable pieces they have for cp3 as a rental could definitely turn out great for them to pair up howard and paul for the season and the high chance that theyll enjoy playing with eachother and resign

Heediot
12-03-2011, 03:24 PM
What team wouldn't???

VinceCarter
12-03-2011, 04:16 PM
teams singing
do you really wanna loove me forevaaa ah ah ah or is it just a hit and ruuun

Brother you're lame, you're Shane Battier

Ebbs
12-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Every team. No one gets worse adding the most complete player at either C or PG

Corey
12-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Boston could really benefit from either player, but Paul is more likely. Even if he didn't sign an extension, we'd only have Pierce and probably Green under contract going into the offseason.

Lloyd Christmas
12-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Well supposedly the Warriors are seriously entertaining the idea of trading for one year of CP3 to try to convince him to stay. I don't know what to think about that idea.

last stand
12-03-2011, 08:33 PM
rentals are franchise destroying moves. no teams are going to be willing to give up young talent for a 1 year rental and then be left with no young talent and the player they traded it all for gone

THE MTL
12-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Only, New Orleans or Orlando Magic could benefit from a one year rental of Howard & Paul. It would give them a chance to play together and they'll probi love it to the point where Paul would extend in ORL or Howard extending in NO.

Besides those two teams, I would say NJ when it comes to Howard because him and Deron would make a nice duo and they'll probi both extend with NJ.

thedfactor
12-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Howard for one year would help a ton if not all NBA teams. Hard to say which one serious title contender would get the push over the edge and win it all.

I'd say Lakers, Mavs and Celtics.

Lakers - Adding Dwight Howard to Kobe and Gasol would put Lakers at the top of most people's list as favorite to win another title. Would they have enough support players though to help?

Mavericks - Pairing Tyson Chandler with Dirk brought Dallas championship; Howard and Dirk? Even better, much better. With Kidd still at the helm and the general Mavs' veteran savvy, Cuban's team would increase it's chances to repeat.

Celtics - C's core is old. Yet they still can ball and the 26 year old Howard would be a huge addition.

thedfactor
12-03-2011, 09:01 PM
As for CP3, if he'd sign an extension with the Thunder...I think it would be smart for both teams to work out a Westbrook/Paul deal.

Paul with Kevin Durant IMO is better formula to win.

Thunder could have a potential future lineup of:

PG - Paul
SG - Harden
SF - Durant
PF - Ibaka
C - Perkins

THE MTL
12-03-2011, 09:03 PM
As for CP3, if he'd sign an extension with the Thunder...I think it would be smart for both teams to work out a Westbrook/Paul deal.

PG - Paul
SG - Harden
SF - Durant
PF - Ibaka
C - Perkins

Nice team but it doesnt scream championship to me.

still a fan
12-03-2011, 09:19 PM

PG - Paul
SG - Harden
SF - Durant
PF - Ibaka
C - Perkins

I think thats a very scary team, fans sleep on Ibaka and Perkins is championship center with good players, so Paul Harden and Durant aren't a very good three?

Now add the fact they can still get a MLE player to join this lineup and it gets :speechless:

Hey if Paul can take NO to the playoffs what will he do with Durant and company?

Also if Durant and co can get to within a few plays what will they do with CP for westbrook?