PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic tested Chris Paul – Howard join?

MagicFan1976
12-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Source: http://www.basknet.info/2011/12/03/orlando-magic-tested-chris-paul-to-join-howard/

Orlando Magic is struggling with franchise decisions which of course include Dwight Howard. Magic GM Otis Smith reached the New Orleans Hornets about possible Chris Paul trade?

There are two options to deal with most dominant center in the NBA. First option is playing safe and trading Dwight Howard for assets which can keep Magic on the top next few years. Second option is waiting Howard’s decision in the summer 2012.

To keep Howard in Orlando, Otis Smith has to surround him with players worthy of championship. Latest rumors say that he reached the New Orleans Hornets about possible Chris Paul trade to Orlando. Magic would send Jameer Nelson, J.J. Reddick and Brandon Bass to New Orleans and receive Chris Paul and Patrick Ewing Jr.

New Orleans Hornets’ GM Dell Demps discarded any possibility of trading Chris Paul, including mentioned Orlando Magic trade.

hugepatsfan
12-03-2011, 10:27 AM
That's not really a good package at all for CP3. It just holds off NO getting cap space for a year. They're better off just letting him expire than taking on all that extra money IMO.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 10:27 AM
This would be huge for ORL and a giant FUUUUU to Lakers, Nets, and any other team's fans that have been dogging ORL fans since the lockout ended..

I half hope it happens. Dwight+CP3 beats MIA imo

detzfish
12-03-2011, 10:28 AM
It would be smart for the Magic to trade for him obviously but I just dont think they have enough to get it done. Jameer Nelson is a good player but not top teir and JJ Reddick and Brandon Bass are role players.
If i was a GM and had Chris Paul I would want back 3 people that would come in and be good starters for my team and give me a chance to win. Reddick Nelson and Bass would most likely start but wouldnt do much for the win column

abe_froman
12-03-2011, 10:30 AM
might have to find a third or fourth team ,but glad they are trying

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Its definitely a better package than what NY had to offer. That Melo trade combined with how much money they had to pay him really messed them up and reduced their chances at Paul

BKLYNpigeon
12-03-2011, 10:32 AM
its worth a 1 yr rental.

detzfish
12-03-2011, 10:33 AM
It is better then NY package but I just dont think its enough to get done. If NO thinks that Orton will pan out, then they might see something there with him, but still not enough to get it done without a 3rd team.

29$JerZ
12-03-2011, 10:35 AM
That's a bad deal for NO. Don't see why they would want All of those contracts for 2 years then Brandon Bass for 3.

Chill_Will_24
Paul: Hey Melo.. you know i love you man. Lets get our own Big 3 in the Mecca..

Melo: Hell yes!! Lets do this... You know we real close..

Paul: Would you take a pay cut to fit me in?..

Melo: Ha! You WISH i wanted to win THAT bad...

nycericanguy
THats actually a HORRENDOUS package, Bass makes alot of money for what he does, Nelson is going to be 30 and a FA and makes alot of money.

The only decent piece would Reddick. And even he makes a substantial amount of money.

Fields, Doulgas, Shumpert & massive cap relief is a much, much better offer, especially considering those 3 guys combined makes less than any one of the 3 ORL players and ORL cant take back Okafor without sending back even more bad contracts.

detzfish
12-03-2011, 10:39 AM

That is exactly why i believe Paul to the Knicks is a pipedream, but hey, who knows. I sure as hell dont

Mr Costanza
12-03-2011, 10:40 AM

Melo: Its not allowed

clever.

I fixed melos last response.

strahan92osi72
12-03-2011, 10:41 AM
If that happens it would be huge for Orlando. I hope it doesn't because I want CP3, but if it does happen the Knicks will have to settle for Deron. That would still be pretty good though.

Slimsim
12-03-2011, 10:43 AM
NO should do it best package they can get

nate2usmc
12-03-2011, 10:45 AM
If that happens it would be huge for Orlando. I hope it doesn't because I want CP3, but if it does happen the Knicks will have to settle for Deron. That would still be pretty good though.

Except Deron won't take a paycut....he'd most likely be a Clipper.

futureman
12-03-2011, 10:45 AM

Losing out on the Number 4 pg in the league and settling for the number 2? I would think it would be better for the knicks.

Mr_Amaziing
12-03-2011, 10:46 AM
If Orlando gets Cp3 i will be shocked. But I will LOVE for this to happen tho

Cp3 & Howard > Wade - Lebron - Bosh > Melo & Amare

But would pick Okc over anyone :)

nate2usmc
12-03-2011, 10:50 AM
if orlando gets cp3 i will be shocked. But i will love for this to happen tho

cp3 & howard > wade - lebron - bosh > melo & amare

but would pick okc over anyone :)

luckyyyyy! :(

ichitownclowni
12-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Bad deal but they are trying

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Except Deron won't take a paycut....he'd most likely be a Clipper.

Agreed. For all the praise he keeps giving the Nets i am certain that if they dont get Dwight, Deron is gone. Clippers just offer so much more

nate2usmc
12-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Agreed. For all the praise he keeps giving the Nets i am certain that if they dont get Dwight, Deron is gone. Clippers just offer so much more

It really sucks for the Nets but I think they have the best shot at getting Dwight unless the Lakers give up Bynum AND Pau for Dwight.

hugepatsfan
12-03-2011, 11:13 AM
clever.

Melo could have taken a deal for less than the max. CP3 is going to have to settle for about 10 mil if he signs w/ NY as a FA because Melo and Amare are each making about 19 mil. That's whay I'm sure he wants to be traded to NY - so he can sign an extension and get his money.

The problem is, NY has a poor package to offer NO because they cleaned themselves out pretty much last year for Melo. Teams can match their package even w/out CP3 agreeing to an extension because it's so light. A year of CP3, even just 1 year, is worth more to a lot of teams than what NY can offer to NO in a trade.

CP3 clearly wants to be in NY and the smart money is on him winding up there. But there are some obstacles to it money wise. Chances are he's going to have to take a paycut.

nate2usmc
12-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Melo could have taken a deal for less than the max. CP3 is going to have to settle for about 10 mil if he signs w/ NY as a FA because Melo and Amare are each making about 19 mil. That's whay I'm sure he wants to be traded to NY - so he can sign an extension and get his money.

The problem is, NY has a poor package to offer NO because they cleaned themselves out pretty much last year for Melo. Teams can match their package even w/out CP3 agreeing to an extension because it's so light. A year of CP3, even just 1 year, is worth more to a lot of teams than what NY can offer to NO in a trade.

CP3 clearly wants to be in NY and the smart money is on him winding up there. But there are some obstacles to it money wise. Chances are he's going to have to take a paycut.

True. It would be weird to see a superstar of cp3's caliber to take a paycut at his age though. Much respect if he does but if he doesn't, I wouldn't blame him at all. Get as much $$ when you can, while you can!

nycericanguy
12-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Its definitely a better package than what NY had to offer. That Melo trade combined with how much money they had to pay him really messed them up and reduced their chances at Paul

i know u hate the knicks, but how in the world is that a better package?

why would cash strapped NO's want to take on all that money for mediocre players that have all peaked? None of those guys are young anymore, even Reddick is going to be 28. AND they can't dump any contracts on ORL?

Sorry but that package makes NY's look like a prize, and NY's package is nothing to write home about.

Dade County
12-03-2011, 11:21 AM
This would be huge for ORL and a giant FUUUUU to Lakers, Nets, and any other team's fans that have been dogging ORL fans since the lockout ended..

I half hope it happens. Dwight+CP3 beats MIA imo

:laugh2:

Lets not get out of hand.... oK

I would love for that trade to happen for the Magic or vice versa.... they'll always get to the 2nd & ECF (but thats their limit for the next 5yrs).

If Howard finds his way onto the N.O... He has a better shot of making it to the finals.

(here comes the hate) Good morning.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 11:25 AM

I would love for that trade to happen for the Magic or vice versa.... they'll always get to the 2nd & ECF (but thats their limit for the next 5yrs).

If Howard finds his way onto the N.O... He has a better shot of making it to the finals.

They have the two best players at your weakest positions. Add a few wing defenders and your left with hoping Bosh dominates!! :D

Obviously im exaggerating but a team of Dwight and CP3 can shred and dissect your amazing defense apart piece by piece. CP3 is that DAMN good!!!

Seeing Lebron trying to guard CP3 like he did Rose would just be comical. CP3 is sooo much smarter and skilled than Rose.

Dade County
12-03-2011, 11:52 AM
They have the two best players at your weakest positions.

Agreed... But they would have the best Center and Pg, so couldn't you say that about everyone?

Add a few wing defenders and your left with hoping Bosh dominates!! :D

Who are these magical wing defenders, that are going to slow down Wade & Lbj? (It's not going to happen.... Howard in file trouble, like always)

Obviously im exaggerating but a team of Dwight and CP3 can shred and dissect your amazing defense apart piece by piece. CP3 is that DAMN good!!!

They will cause problems for everyone...

Seeing Lebron trying to guard CP3 like he did Rose would just be comical. CP3 is sooo much smarter and skilled than Rose.

Wade would be sticking him... and you are right, Cp3 wouldn't heavily rely on his athleticism; he would use his basketball I'Q to do what ever he wanted to do:( .

THE GIPPER
12-03-2011, 12:07 PM
NBA owns the hornets so i hope they overrule Demps and accept the trade.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 12:11 PM
clever.

:confused:

pd1dish
12-03-2011, 12:18 PM
i dont want to see it happen because i want Dwight out of the east. if Orlando could somehow land CP3, then Orlando and Miami would probably be the two favorites out of the east. although, they still have a lot of missing pieces if they make that trade. but a CP3 + Dwight and then maybe give them another year or two and they would be championship contenders.

BGeer091
12-03-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm a Knicks fan that would love to see this happen. Im not a fan of the super power teams. This would be great for the N.B.A as well. Depending on how the Knicks,Chicago do in F.A we really could have an extremely competitive east.

NYsFinest
12-03-2011, 12:36 PM

People ca call Melo selfish all they want (esp a net fan) but noone knew what the new CBA was going to look like and if there would even be a possibility of Paul coming to the Knicks regardless what kid of $$ Melo took. So you expect Melo to take a paycut on a possibility?

NYsFinest
12-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I think a lot of Knicks fans would be ok with this... I like Paul but this would keep the East very interesting. The Knicks don't need Paul and can build a team the right way by getting a PG like Nash, a good center and some depth with that money. A star is not a must for the Knicks like it is for a team like the Nets.

tbomlad
12-03-2011, 12:38 PM
THats actually a HORRENDOUS package, Bass makes alot of money for what he does, Nelson is going to be 30 and a FA and makes alot of money.

The only decent piece would Reddick. And even he makes a substantial amount of money.

Fields, Doulgas, Shumpert & massive cap relief is a much, much better offer, especially considering those 3 guys combined makes less than any one of the 3 ORL players and ORL cant take back Okafor without sending back even more bad contracts.

That's absurd. Nelson, Redick, and Bass are way better than Fields, Douglas, and Shumpert. IMO, of the teams that CP3 might agree to sign with only the Lakers & Mavs could put a better package together than Orlando. Knicks have NO chance with what they have.

nate2usmc
12-03-2011, 12:40 PM
I think a lot of Knicks fans would be ok with this... I like Paul but this would keep the East very interesting. The Knicks don't need Paul and can build a team the right way by getting a PG like Nash, a good center and some depth with that money. A star is not a must for the Knicks like it is for a team like the Nets.

Yup I'm down with that. I like ORL anyway. Besides Sheldon Williams can hold his own against Dwight! :laugh2:

THE GIPPER
12-03-2011, 12:41 PM
^ clippers would have the best package

meloman1592
12-03-2011, 12:54 PM

They could absolutely beat miami. They would have the 2 best players at their position against miami's 2 biggest weaknesses.

ManRam
12-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Good. So Magic fans can stop complaining about Otis not trying.

Can't always turn water into wine. Can't force another team to give you a good deal.

oak2455
12-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Its funny how a CP3 thread to Orlando turned into a Knick/ Heat bashing thread.....no one even mentioned those teams......its funny because, its not even Knick or Heat fans starting to talk shiiiit:confused: funny:clap::clap:

meloman1592
12-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Losing out on the Number 4 pg in the league and settling for the number 2? I would think it would be better for the knicks.

Deron isnt #2. please cut it out

cooters22
12-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Does anybody know if draft picks would be involved? If I were New Orleans I'd ask for a couple firsts back in return, but have the picks recieved about 2 or 3 years down the road. That way if Orlando loses both to FA in 2012 they should suck and New Orleans would get a top pick after the season. As well as their own early draft picks, which I'm assuming they will get.

nycericanguy
12-03-2011, 01:01 PM
That's absurd. Nelson, Redick, and Bass are way better than Fields, Douglas, and Shumpert. IMO, of the teams that CP3 might agree to sign with only the Lakers & Mavs could put a better package together than Orlando. Knicks have NO chance with what they have.

You are VASTLY overrating ORL's package and UNDERATTING NY's.

Nelson is the best player in the package, but he's going to be 30, will be a FA in a year and makes $8m per, how does he help NO? Is he a player they can count on for their future? cash strapped teams rebuilding do not want 30 year old PG's that make that much money. He's not even a top 15 PG.

Bass is a solid role player but he's peaked, there isn't much upside. This will be his 8th season, he is what he is, a solid 7ppg 4rpg guy.

Reddick also will be entering his 6th season and will be 28. His "breakout season" was 10ppg and 1apg 2rpg. And thats with Howard drawing double & triple teams to get him open looks. He's a decent role player but at $6m per season why would NO want that? Thats alot of money for another career 7ppg guy with a career FG of 42% that cant rebound, play defense or create.

So of those 3 guys are any of them really pieces NO can count on for the future? Because combined they have to pay those guys over $20m per season!

Now comes NY

Fields is 22, and makes less than $1m. His rookie season was already better than any of Bass's or Reddicks. 10ppg, 6.4rpg (led all NBA guards) 50%fg 40% from 3. all rookie and this while NY ran no plays for him. You're telling me he's not a piece NO can have for their future? at 22 he def has upside.

Douglas has only been in the NBA 2 years, makes less than $2m and had a much better season already than Reddick. 10ppg 3rpg 3apg and much more efficient. not to mention he defends much better than Reddick at 1/4 the cost.

Shumpert is the unknown, but from all reports he looks like another Knicks steal and should end up being the best of the 3. at 21 and another rookie contract he's another piece NO can have for their future.

and then the kicker, NY can take Okafor's contract without sending back more bad contracts.

so how is ORL's offer better? all 3 of NY's guys are young, cheap and under control.

$21m for ORL's players who are all have 6-10 years in the pros or $3m for NY's guys who have 2 years or less NBA time.

I swear the hate for NY is unrelenting here lately. people will say another package is better just to trash NY even though thats clearly not the case.

kjoke
12-03-2011, 01:04 PM
If I'm Otis I do whatever I can to bring in Paul. It moves the pressure if the front office and onto the players. I just can't see both Howard and Paul both leaving, there reputation around the league and to the fans other than the respective teams they go on will be worse than lebrons. Neither of them want to be unliked, since they are so high recieved now.

ManRam
12-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Magic fans blast Otis for not pulling off miracles...

That package shouldn't ever fetch a player of Paul's talent. Nothing we can offer would be fair value. Maybe they won't get fair value from anyone else, and will come back running to us...but I doubt it. At least Otis is trying :shrug: This isn't NBA 2K, you can't rip other teams off so easily. All he can do is make his best offer and pray...

kjoke
12-03-2011, 01:17 PM
But I think the 29 owners of the Hornets also play a big part in this. I feel as if they would be more incline to trade to the Orlando at a little worse deal than to go and trade him to NY, LA ect.

MagicBucsSox
12-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Magic fans blast Otis for not pulling off miracles...

That package shouldn't ever fetch a player of Paul's talent. Nothing we can offer would be fair value. Maybe they won't get fair value from anyone else, and will come back running to us...but I doubt it. At least Otis is trying :shrug: This isn't NBA 2K, you can't rip other teams off so easily. All he can do is make his best offer and pray...

Let's not act like he's made One mistake, what FA has he brought in That's a difference? Who has he drafted? Why is everyone over paid? Why Dwight don't have a true pf or pg? Why can only 2 guys create their own offense?

Otis screwed this team and knew for yrs this day was coming and dont plan for it UNTIL IT'S HERE. ainge drafted assists to rebuild his team, Riley shedded cap for his guys, Cuban added proper pieces for dirk, okc finds talent, even the Knicks made cap , what has Otis done? Nothing

sintaks12
12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
You are VASTLY overrating ORL's package and UNDERATTING NY's.

Nelson is the best player in the package, but he's going to be 30, will be a FA in a year and makes $8m per, how does he help NO? Is he a player they can count on for their future? cash strapped teams rebuilding do not want 30 year old PG's that make that much money. He's not even a top 15 PG.

Bass is a solid role player but he's peaked, there isn't much upside. This will be his 8th season, he is what he is, a solid 7ppg 4rpg guy.

Reddick also will be entering his 6th season and will be 28. His "breakout season" was 10ppg and 1apg 2rpg. And thats with Howard drawing double & triple teams to get him open looks. He's a decent role player but at $6m per season why would NO want that? Thats alot of money for another career 7ppg guy with a career FG of 42% that cant rebound, play defense or create.

So of those 3 guys are any of them really pieces NO can count on for the future? Because combined they have to pay those guys over $20m per season!

Now comes NY

Fields is 22, and makes less than $1m. His rookie season was already better than any of Bass's or Reddicks. 10ppg, 6.4rpg (led all NBA guards) 50%fg 40% from 3. all rookie and this while NY ran no plays for him. You're telling me he's not a piece NO can have for their future? at 22 he def has upside.

Douglas has only been in the NBA 2 years, makes less than $2m and had a much better season already than Reddick. 10ppg 3rpg 3apg and much more efficient. not to mention he defends much better than Reddick at 1/4 the cost.

Shumpert is the unknown, but from all reports he looks like another Knicks steal and should end up being the best of the 3. at 21 and another rookie contract he's another piece NO can have for their future.

and then the kicker, NY can take Okafor's contract without sending back more bad contracts.

so how is ORL's offer better? all 3 of NY's guys are young, cheap and under control.

$21m for ORL's players who are all have 6-10 years in the pros or $3m for NY's guys who have 2 years or less NBA time.

I swear the hate for NY is unrelenting here lately. people will say another package is better just to trash NY even though thats clearly not the case.

Hard to refute facts. Great post.

DoMeFavors
12-03-2011, 01:49 PM
To bad Orlando doesnt have Gortat still thats a good player to include in a package for Paul.

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Even as a Knicks fan I'd love this. Ends all the free agent speculation, big market speculation, and we can just focus on basketball.

NYKnicksAllDay
12-03-2011, 02:02 PM
If CP3 can't come to New York, I hope he ends up in Orlando.

NYsFinest
12-03-2011, 02:33 PM
If CP3 can't come to New York, I hope he ends up in Orlando.

Agreed, if CP3 to Knicks is not going to happen I hope this happens next week.... ends ALL speculation because Howard will stay. And then we can focus on basketball and the Knicks can focus on developing their young talent and spending the 13 mill in cap space they have left for depth.

strahan92osi72
12-03-2011, 02:35 PM
I think CP3 and Dwight would give Miami serious trouble. I actually think that makes orlando the favorites.

strahan92osi72
12-03-2011, 02:41 PM

LOL Paul is the #1 PG in the league, Deron is barely top 5. Get it right! I'd take Paul, Rose, Westbrook, and Rondo over D-Will, and maybe Wall too.

Birdmannn
12-03-2011, 03:06 PM
LOL Paul is the #1 PG in the league, Deron is barely top 5. Get it right! I'd take Paul, Rose, Westbrook, and Rondo over D-Will, and maybe Wall too.

And that is why you are writing on forums and not doing anything related to basketball.:p

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-03-2011, 03:14 PM

You're embarrassing yourself...

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 04:48 PM

KJ21.the.truth
12-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Paul is one, but come on bro, deron is 3.

ROSE is 2

shep33
12-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Terrible trade for NO. Nelson and Redick still have 2 year contracts making a decent chunk of money. If they just let Cp3 play out this year, and let him go via free agency, they'd actually be in better shape.

THE MTL
12-03-2011, 05:54 PM
As competitive as Orlando has been that team doesnt have the youth and is full of bad contracts. I dont know what they could offer NO

THE MTL
12-03-2011, 05:55 PM

Drunk post.

last stand
12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
new york has a lot of expirings next season. they will sign chris paul outright

Bornknick73
12-03-2011, 06:14 PM
As much as I want him I would love this. As a fan Paul and Howard would be a dream to watch.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 06:18 PM
If the Lakers don't get Dwight, I as a Laker fan will ultimately be okay with the team we have now.

However, if CP3 went from the West to the East and joined Dwight in Orlando, then I would love to see that duo go up against the duo of Melo-STAT and the Knicks and the Trio of Wade-LeBron-Bosh and the Heat, KG-Pierce-Allen-Rondo and the Celts. Then you have D. Rose running the show in CHI-town and D-Will running the show in NJ. The NBA will be back in the East.

While in the West....all you got is the Lakeshow, Spurs, Mavs and OKC.

Mr_Amaziing
12-03-2011, 06:26 PM
If the Lakers don't get Dwight, I as a Laker fan will ultimately be okay with the team we have now.

However, if CP3 went from the West to the East and joined Dwight in Orlando, then I would love to see that duo go up against the duo of Melo-STAT and the Knicks and the Trio of Wade-LeBron-Bosh and the Heat, KG-Pierce-Allen-Rondo and the Celts. Then you have D. Rose running the show in CHI-town and D-Will running the show in NJ. The NBA will be back in the East.

While in the West....all you got is the Lakeshow, Spurs, Mavs and OKC.

YAY!!! OKC! :)

The East will be tough if this goes down

last stand
12-03-2011, 06:42 PM
lol the magic have absolutely nothing to offer to get anyone. if they had a team of great trade pieces dwight wouldn't be in such a rush to leave.

Bruno
12-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Otis will try, no doubt. But that package won't cut it. it will take a third team to get involved.

last stand
12-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Otis will try, no doubt. But that package won't cut it. it will take a third team to get involved.

even then noone is going to want anyone from the magic. jameer nelson is looked at as an injury prone undersized shoot guard. and the rest of the offer is kind of ugly

a third team probably wont want to take on any of the magics contract

they have severly mismanaged that team and its why dwight wants to leave.

rapjuicer06
12-03-2011, 07:45 PM
What about something like Redick and rights to Fran Vasquez to Minnesota Beasley/Nelson/Bass or Anderson to NO and Paul to Magic? Something along those lines? Makes it a bit better for NO

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 07:47 PM
What about something like Redick and rights to Fran Vasquez to Minnesota Beasley/Nelson/Bass or Anderson to NO and Paul to Magic? Something along those lines? Makes it a bit better for NO

horrible

NO's new franchise player would be beasley:puke:

Wade>You
12-03-2011, 07:49 PM
What about something like Redick and rights to Fran Vasquez to Minnesota Beasley/Nelson/Bass or Anderson to NO and Paul to Magic? Something along those lines? Makes it a bit better for NOI completely forgot about that guy. Magic really blew that pick.

rapjuicer06
12-03-2011, 07:57 PM
horrible

NO's new franchise player would be beasley:puke:

If they want him to resign yea. Otherwise I guess it's just a little cap help. It gives them options to say the least. I guess I'm just fishing like everyone else in here.

I completely forgot about that guy. Magic really blew that pick.

No kidding. Go back to that draft and see who they took him over...its disgusting.

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:59 PM
the magic are so F'ed its ridiculous. worse than denver. at least denver had some young talent in nene and lawson

the magic have no young talent, a bunch of long term contracts, and a star who sees that and wants to get the hell out.

king2218
12-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Three team trade:

ORL gets Chris Paul, Steve Blake, Metta World Peace

LAL gets Jammer Nelson (DEADLY in the triangle offense), Emeka Okafor.

NO gets Ryan Anderson & Andrew Bynum.

Would LAL do this? 50/50, b/c they get a HUGE upgrade on the PG position, while getting a solid defensive player/rebounder to replace Bynum & get rid of two high paid contracts in Blake & Metta. NO could do this b/c they get two solid big men to build their team around. I'm not sure how cap wise this would work & assuming ORL amnesty's Arenas or Turk.

last stand
12-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Three team trade:

Would LAL do this? 50/50, b/c they get a HUGE upgrade on the PG position, while getting a solid defensive player/rebounder to replace Bynum & get rid of two high paid contracts in Blake & Metta. NO could do this b/c they get two solid big men to build their team around. I'm not sure how cap wise this would work & assuming ORL amnesty's Arenas or Turk.

lol hell no times 1000. i would rather keep bynum than trade him for nelson and okafor.

jim buss wouldn't trade him for carmelo which was on the table. what makes you think he'd trade bynum for 2 average players

king2218
12-03-2011, 08:26 PM
How'd they do with Bynum last year in the playoffs aganist the Mavericks pick n roll? What LA needs from the center position is defense which Emeka provides. They also need a solid PG, fisher is too damn old & blake looks lost. Jameer playing with Kobe & Gasol in the triangle, getting those wide open 3s, Fisher/Artest miss? DEADLY. LA will not win or even get to the finals with their current roster. Unless they can get dwight or paul, this might be the best trade they can have.

Bruno
12-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Three team trade:

LAL won't be doing anyone any favors. Especially in a trade that results in them not getting Paul or Howard, which this deal guarantees. LAL can get a lot more for Bynum, Blake and Artest than Nelson and Okafor.

Also, LAL won't be operating under the triangle any more with Mike Brown as coach. They'll use elements of the triangle, but not exclusively.

king2218
12-03-2011, 08:29 PM
lol hell no times 1000. i would rather keep bynum than trade him for nelson and okafor.

jim buss wouldn't trade him for carmelo which was on the table. what makes you think he'd trade bynum for 2 average players

The reason Jim Buss wouldn't trade for Carmelo was b/c he knew him & Kobe wouldn't be able to exist offensively together. Do you think Kobe would let Melo get more shots & average more points than him? That's the reason, the melo trade wasn't made. No way Kobe would've approved that.

last stand
12-03-2011, 08:30 PM
How'd they do with Bynum last year in the playoffs aganist the Mavericks pick n roll? What LA needs from the center position is defense which Emeka provides. They also need a solid PG, fisher is too damn old & blake looks lost. Jameer playing with Kobe & Gasol in the triangle, getting those wide open 3s, Fisher/Artest miss? DEADLY. LA will not win or even get to the finals with their current roster. Unless they can get dwight or paul, this might be the best trade they can have.

lol stop hoping for paul. its not gonna happen. the magic literally have nothing around dwight, and noone is going to want anyone they have. only way you get chris paul is if dwight howard is going to new orleans

last stand
12-03-2011, 08:32 PM
The reason Jim Buss wouldn't trade for Carmelo was b/c he knew him & Kobe wouldn't be able to exist offensively together. Do you think Kobe would let Melo get more shots & average more points than him? That's the reason, the melo trade wasn't made. No way Kobe would've approved that.

lol
Interviewed Carmelo today. Sounded like he would've LOVED playing w/ Kobe, if Laker owners hadn't killed deal. Kobe says he wanted Melo.

skip bayless

Wade>You
12-03-2011, 08:33 PM
If they want him to resign yea. Otherwise I guess it's just a little cap help. It gives them options to say the least. I guess I'm just fishing like everyone else in here.

No kidding. Go back to that draft and see who they took him over...its disgusting.The only two names I saw that were drafted past the 11th pick were Granger and David Lee. Which both would've helped the Magic immensely. But I thought there would be more good players.

king2218
12-03-2011, 08:43 PM
LAL won't be doing anyone any favors. Especially in a trade that results in them not getting Paul or Howard, which this deal guarantees. LAL can get a lot more for Bynum, Blake and Artest than Nelson and Okafor.

Also, LAL won't be operating under the triangle any more with Mike Brown as coach. They'll use elements of the triangle, but not exclusively.

What better could LA get?

last stand
12-03-2011, 08:54 PM
What better could LA get?

keeping bynum

king2218
12-03-2011, 09:03 PM
keeping bynum

Do you think they'll win a championship with the current squad? with keeping Bynum?

waveycrockett
12-03-2011, 09:18 PM
The Lakers arent trading Bynum for Scrubs like Okafor and Nelson

last stand
12-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Do you think they'll win a championship with the current squad? with keeping Bynum?

more of a chance at winning a championship with bynum than with nelson and okafor. those 2 guys are average. bynum is good.

papipapsmanny
12-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Really wish the Wiz could get Howard, but that is not happening.

Trade: Javale Mcgee, 2012 1st round pick, 2013 1st round pick, and Chris Singleton for Dwight Howard.

Wall/Mack
Young/Crawford
Vesley/ Fa (Like Josh Howard)
Blatche/Booker
Howard/ Some backup

I dunno just really the wall-Howard Combo. Plus im a wiz fan, why wouldn't I want to see this