PDA

View Full Version : CBSSports: Orlando should trade for Paul

Raph12
12-03-2011, 04:15 AM
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33621084

Here we are, once again. A small market team reportedly held hostage by their franchise player All-Star and his desire to be traded to the specific team he wants, or else he'll simply depart the home team in free agency, leaving them with nothing. Carmelo Anthony hijacked Denver's season last year, and now Chris Paul is reportedly in a position to do the same to New Orleans. Except when Anthony applied extortion to get his way to Broadway, the Knicks actually had assets to trade to Denver, including Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, and Raymond Felton (who eventually became Andre Miller and a pick).

The Knicks now? Not so much.

The Hornets face an impossible position shold they elect to trade Paul. The teams that have the kind of assets to make the trade worth it if Paul elects to state he will only sign with the Knicks (which as Ken Berger notes, he has not done yet) have the kind of market cache to not need to make such a desperate move, or have no shot at a championship and therefore no reason to risk it all.

A team with young players and picks won't waste them to rent Chris Paul for a season, only to watch him walk out the door. After all, there's only one New Jersey Nets out there. (Kidding, Nets fans! D-Will says you're still under consideration!) And teams with superstar talent like Boston or Los Angeles don't have to gamble to win a title. They can just wait on the next superstar available (or just go after Dwight Howard).

So as it stands, the Hornets have no alternative. They'll just have to take whatever the Knicks are offering. There's talk of just letting Paul walk to avoid the embarrassment of taking on the Knicks' garbage heap, but that's nonsense. You don't accept a loss when you can have a gain. Chauncey Billups and Toney Douglas and a pick in 2045 is better than nothing at all.

But... there is another option. It's outside the box. You're going to think I'm nuts. And I'm not prone to posting about trade ideas. There's another site with a trade machine. You can fill your day with moving every player in the league. Everyone partakes from time to time. But this concept? It's the best possible move for both teams.

Orlando needs to trade for Chris Paul.

Hear me out before you close this browser as fast as humanly possible.

The Magic have every reason to trade for Chris Paul without the promise of an extension. With no consideration of the extension, there's nothing to hold up a deal. The Magic are facing the same cliff the Hornets are, staring down the barrell of Dwight Howard's big-market shotgun. They are burdened with pieces which hold no value once Howard is traded. If Howard leaves, they will wind up with a huge amount of salary and no superstar, a terrible team with a supporting structure holding up nothing. They have two options. Win a championship this year or give up and trade Howard for nothing now. Even a move for Andrew Bogut as Berger has said will be discussed won't keep them in title contention. That's what Howard means to a team. That's what an MVP candidate means.

So the only thing left, as the movie quote goes, is to win the whole friggin' thing. (OK, that's not the line, but it's a family site.)

The Magic would trade some combination of Brandon Bass, J.J. Redick, Ryan Anderson, Daniel Orton, and Jameer Nelson to the Hornets for Paul, along with a first-round pick in 2012. That's right. The Magic could lose both Dwight Howard and Chris Paul for 2013 and have no first-round pick. Disastrous-sounding, I know. Here's why they do the deal.

Here's the best case scenario. Howard and Paul,playing with another star, the best at their position, along with the supporting pieces in Orlando which would still be better than what the Knicks are likely to trot out onto the court (I'd like to remind you that Jared Jeffries started at center in the playoffs for the Knicks), would likely have the best seasons of their careers if healthy. Versus the trio in Miami or the duet in New York, Howard and Paul are a combination of players who actually mesh together. The best pick and roll center in the league with the best pick and roll point guard. A hyper-efficient perimeter shooter with a center who draws doubles every time on the block. A ball-hawking point guard who can create steals and the best defensive presence in the league. It may not be better than Miami or L.A., but it would be a force to be reckoned with. One season to make a run at the title.

This is the reality of the new NBA. If you want to win a title as a small-market, you have to find lightning in a bottle. Maybe there's no way to even that gap thanks to the inherent draws of bigger markets with more flashbulbs, television appearances, parties and endorsement offers. But if you don't have a once-in-his-lifetime talent and get absurdly lucky along the way, this is your best shot. Mortgage everything on one season.

If it works, and the Magic take home the title, the Paul and Howard will have gone through the transformitive process of winning a title together. Fans in Orlando will worship them. Howard will have done what Shaq never has. And they'll be staring at the possibility of not playing together next year. Even if that's not enough to get them to stay, it'll make them think twice. It's Orlando's best shot. There can be no more "really, Dwight, we'll get it right next time" with Howard. His patience has run out. If they don't win the title, there's no chance he returns. There's little chance even if they do, but it's their best shot, and if they win the title, they get that forever. You can't take that title away from the fans, away from the franchise, away from the team.

And if it doesn't work, if they don't win the title? That's over $34 million in cap space expiring for Orlando. Along with the amnesty of Gilbert Arenas, that's $54 million. That's nearly the NBA salary cap they would be gaining in cap space. The typical response to that is "what does it matter, no one will sign there." From that point on, the objective is not to bring in free agents, it's to rebuild through the draft. That 2012 pick missing is a problem? Not really, because Paul and Howard could give 50 percent effort (something they would never do) and still win 40 games, even in the East. The Magic won't have a lottery pick regardless. Which means the pick holds no value to them, but quite a bit to New Orleans. The Magic would be in premium position to tank in 2013, then rebuild through the draft. It's not appealing. You know what's less appealing? Trying to rebuild with Andrew Bynum's decision making, knees, contract, and nothing else. The key when your title run is over is to start over as completely as possible, as quickly as possible. This plan lets them out.

But what about New Orleans? Jameer Nelson, with $15.6 million remaining over two years? Brandon Bass with $8 million? J.J. Redick with over $12 million? What's the upside for them, along with a pick that won't be good? For starters, it's better than what they'll get from New York. It lets them avoid being bullied by the Knicks for nothing. And it's not about what those players give the Hornets, it's what they bring individually on the market. A team in need of a power forward who can score? Bass is a great pickup for a cheap draft pick and an expiring. Teams in desperate need of a shooter? J.J. Redick. Starting point guard gone down with an injury? Call up the Hornets. Jameer Nelson is on the block. It's a flip project. You don't get the pieces to start over, you get the pieces you can use to get the pieces to start over. It's the best way to do exactly the same thing the Magic would be doing. Tanking to start over and hopefully get that All-Star Hall of Famer who doesn't adore the bright lights.

This lets them both out of the pain, it gets the gun off of them. It gives them the dignity. Orlando gets to contend for one more year, the Hornets get to start moving forward now. The Magic go all-in, the Hornets fold and save their chips for a time when the flop doesn't come down so wretched.

Big markets are squeezing the talent out of small markets. But those small markets get to decide how it goes down.

The Hornets get more than what NYC can offer them, what do the Magic have to lose?

3ballbomber
12-03-2011, 04:27 AM
Best p&r pg is Nash.

Wade>You
12-03-2011, 04:30 AM
I think they should go after CP3. They can always trade the two when their deals expire as teams bid for D12 and CP3.

BTW
A small market team reportedly held hostage by their franchise player All-Star and his desire to be traded to the specific team he wants, or else he'll simply depart the home team in free agency, leaving them with nothing.I love how people play the victim. Magic should let Dwight walk in FA and play for the MLE if he wants to go to the team of his choice. I'm calling a lockout in the next six years if people keep believing this garbage.

shep33
12-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Looks like CP3 wants NYC, so no point. I just don't see it. Orlando has 0 pieces to trade, and even if they trade a lot of their supporting cast, are they really better than the Heat? IMO, probably not.

Raph12
12-03-2011, 04:37 AM
Best p&r pg is Nash.

No he's not;

Nash: 20.8PER .601TS% .542eFG% 6.0TRB% 53.1AST% 22.4TO% 1.0STL% 118Ortg 114Drtg 0.153WS48

CP3: 23.7PER .578TS% .502eFG% 6.9TRB% 45.8AST% 13.9TO% 3.5STL% 122Ortg 103Drtg 0.232WS48

CP3 is better at passing (better ast-to ratio), scoring (more efficient/productive), rebounding, defense, you name it and CP3 is better than Nash at it... And those numbers are of from last year, when CP3 had the knee braces on all season, he took them off in the playoffs and we all saw what he did to the Lakers.

Raph12
12-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Looks like CP3 wants NYC, so no point. I just don't see it. Orlando has 0 pieces to trade, and even if they trade a lot of their supporting cast, are they really better than the Heat? IMO, probably not.

CP3's agent said he won't formally request a trade to the Knicks because he knows they have nothing to offer. Are you really telling me you'd rather have Billups+Fields+Balkman over Nelson-Redick-Bass/Anderson/Orton?

Sactown
12-03-2011, 04:40 AM

Yeah, but I think Dwight would love to stay in Orlando if CP3 was there and I don't think CP3 would just walk away from a contender to play for less money on another contender

Confusious
12-03-2011, 04:40 AM
No he's not;

Nash: 20.8PER .601TS% .542eFG% 6.0TRB% 53.1AST% 22.4TO% 1.0STL% 118Ortg 114Drtg 0.153WS48

CP3: 23.7PER .578TS% .502eFG% 6.9TRB% 45.8AST% 13.9TO% 3.5STL% 122Ortg 103Drtg 0.232WS48

CP3 is better at passing (better ast-to ratio), scoring (more efficient/productive), rebounding, defense, you name it and CP3 is better than Nash at it... And those numbers are of from last year, when CP3 had the knee braces on all season, he took them off in the playoffs and we all saw what he did to the Lakers.
You mean only won 2 games for the Hornets? Against a pretty messed up LA team? Nice.

bholly
12-03-2011, 04:45 AM
This would be awesome and ballsy from the Magic.

Have to think, though, that if this looks like it's going to happen, the Clippers would jump in and blow the Magic's offer out of the water - they won't want to risk both their big targets ending up in Orlando and staying there.

Arch Stanton
12-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Loved the article. Orlando should go for it. Do what it takes.

Arch Stanton
12-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Could the reverse work? Dwight to New Orleans?

waveycrockett
12-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Orlando should get a time machine and go back to 2006 and fire Otis Smith.

Rndy
12-03-2011, 04:48 AM
No he's not;

Not that I don't think CP3 is way better then Nash. You using stats from this year Clearly CP3 wasn't more efficient then Nash. A 542 EFG> 502. The guys point wasn't that Nash was the best pg, he said he's the best pick and roll and you showing his metric stats doesn't change that lol.

Wade>You
12-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Orlando should get a time machine and go back to 2006 and fire Otis Smith.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTiJEYqqY8

naps
12-03-2011, 04:50 AM
I would love to see him in Orlando and CP3 joining him in Orlando would be awesome. I can Heat vs Magic interstate rivalry for years to come. Imagine the storyline for these two teams if CP3-Dwight tandem happens in Orlando.

However, I don't think Orlando has anything to trade for CP3.

abe_froman
12-03-2011, 04:51 AM
yeah,they def should go for it

Hellcrooner
12-03-2011, 04:52 AM
and wtf does orlando have that is worht paul or needed for NO , arenas , turkoglu?
for gods sake!!!!!

UNLESS DAVID STERN IS GOING TO TAMPER AND HELP ORLANDO AND THEN CONTRACT THE HORNETS it makes 0 sense.

Sactown
12-03-2011, 04:57 AM
and wtf does orlando have that is worht paul or needed for NO , arenas , turkoglu?
for gods sake!!!!!

UNLESS DAVID STERN IS GOING TO TAMPER AND HELP ORLANDO AND THEN CONTRACT THE HORNETS it makes 0 sense.

Daniel Orton
Nelson
Ryan Anderson
Brandon Bass
1st round draft pic

FOR

CP3

better than what NY has to offer

Hellcrooner
12-03-2011, 04:59 AM
Daniel Orton
Nelson
Ryan Anderson
Brandon Bass
1st round draft pic

FOR

CP3

better than what NY has to offer

ok, thats Ny.

now, is that better than a Rondo offer?

or a Bynum ( or gasol ) Offer?

Or a beabous, rudy fernandez, picks etc offer?

or a S curry offer?

or a Rudy Gay and conley offer?

or
or
or

Paul to Magic can only happen if the league wants to tamper.

shep33
12-03-2011, 05:01 AM
CP3's agent said he won't formally request a trade to the Knicks because he knows they have nothing to offer. Are you really telling me you'd rather have Billups+Fields+Balkman over Nelson-Redick-Bass/Anderson/Orton?

I'm not saying that, but other teams can offer better packages for CP3 if your talking strictly value. Also, if its Nelson, Redick, and Anderson, they basically become the Miami Heat without a 3rd superstar, an equally weak bench, and would still be in a bad cap situation. We all know that Gil will probably get the amnesty cut, but the Hornets will not take back Hedo's contract, and for the Magic to get Cp3, why on earth would they want Jameer's still owed 15 mill, JJ's 12.5 mill? Why trade at all then? Really if it's Nelson + Redick + Anderson (they won't take Bass), why not just let CP3 walk? People will say, "well they're getting something in return", yeah they're getting mediocre players who are still under contract until 2013. If Orlando's contracts were expiring I'd be with you on that.

waveycrockett
12-03-2011, 05:07 AM
You gotta be smoking some real good stuff to think the Hornets would be sending out CP3 and somehow be taking back Hedo Turkoglu

shep33
12-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Yeah, but I think Dwight would love to stay in Orlando if CP3 was there and I don't think CP3 would just walk away from a contender to play for less money on another contender

I just don't see it for this reason. CP3 will play hard for the Hornets this year, and why trade him to Orlando if you know he's your only money maker while getting nothing back in return except guys like Jameer, Redick, and Bass/Anderson who are under contract until 2013? Again, I would buy this if Jameer + Redick would be expiring deals/team options for 2013, but not in this case. NO would actually gain more by letting Cp3 walk in really either situation (Knicks or Magic deal). Why take on the extra money, especially for a franchise that doesn't want to spend? Why not just let Cp3 walk in 2012 if these were the only two deals available to them? They gain more because they'd have more cap room for 2012.

Just doesn't make sense for the NBA (who owns the Hornets). Let Cp3 make you money,

shep33
12-03-2011, 05:08 AM
You gotta be smoking some real good stuff to think the Hornets would be sending out CP3 and somehow be taking back Hedo Turkoglu

I agree, this deal is almost impossible to get done.

Sactown
12-03-2011, 05:08 AM
ok, thats Ny.

Will he play for boston?

or a Bynum ( or gasol ) Offer? I would take that offer over Bynum and his glass knees and piss poor attitude

Or a beabous, rudy fernandez, picks etc offer? Salaries don't match

or a S curry offer? He won't sign an extension if he goes from one mediocre team to another

or a Rudy Gay and conley offer? I wouldn't take that offer due to the longevity and amount owed to those two players

or
or
or

I think CP3 wants to play with Dwight and it would be a slight win for the owners so I think the league would be okay with the deal

bholly
12-03-2011, 05:10 AM
ok, thats Ny.

or a Bynum ( or gasol ) Offer?

Or a beabous, rudy fernandez, picks etc offer?

or a S curry offer?

or a Rudy Gay and conley offer?

or
or
or

Of course those offers are better for NOH, the problem is that those teams won't make those offers without an extension, and we don't know if CP3 would extend in those places.

The whole point of this is that Orlando are desperate, so if CP3 won't extend most places then they'll be the only ones left willing to offer everything they have without an extension.

bholly
12-03-2011, 05:12 AM

Nobody thinks that. The only time Turkoglu was mentioned was by the super-homer doing it mockingly.

Hellcrooner
12-03-2011, 05:20 AM
ok, thats Ny.

Will he play for boston?

I would take that offer over Bynum and his glass knees and piss poor attitude

Salaries don't match

He won't sign an extension if he goes from one mediocre team to another

I wouldn't take that offer due to the longevity and amount owed to those two players

I think CP3 wants to play with Dwight and it would be a slight win for the owners so I think the league would be okay with the deal

you know what woudl be fun?

league doing that travesty and then cp3 and paul deciding to SPLIT whatever cap New york has left in the summer in 2012, and create a BIG FOUR.

take that owners and suck our ....

waveycrockett
12-03-2011, 05:22 AM
Nobody thinks that. The only time Turkoglu was mentioned was by the super-homer doing it mockingly.

How would salaries work then? Gil is going to get amnety'd, CP3 is making 17MM, Turkoglo would almost have to be included.

Sactown
12-03-2011, 05:23 AM
you know what woudl be fun?

league doing that travesty and then cp3 and paul deciding to SPLIT whatever cap New york has left in the summer in 2012, and create a BIG FOUR.

take that owners and suck our ....

I didn't know you played for the NBA :rolleyes:
Hmmm a little interesting.. He's so good he's two people?
I count 3
CP3 Melo Amare, but sure if you think Iman is a superstar cool story bro

Sactown
12-03-2011, 05:25 AM
How would salaries work then? Gil is going to get amnety'd, CP3 is making 17MM, Turkoglo would almost have to be included. look at my post above

it says
Nelson'
Anderson
Bass
and Orton plus first rounders

LeonFSU
12-03-2011, 05:32 AM
It'd be awesome if the Magic could offer say Marcin Gortat, Nelson, and Anderson and their 2011 first round draft selection and their 2012 draft pick for Paul. That would have been a decent offer.

Wait you are telling me the Magic traded their best trade asset in Gortat and their 2011 first draft choice to bring back Hedo and his awful contract which Orlando's GM wouldn't give him two years ago when he was two years less washed up than he is now?!! Get out of here!

bholly
12-03-2011, 05:36 AM
How would salaries work then? Gil is going to get amnety'd, CP3 is making 17MM, Turkoglo would almost have to be included.

Orlando can send back anywhere from $13m to $20.5m and fit within the 125% + $100k rule. The contracts suggested in the article add up to about $23m. Orlando have plenty to send to make the salaries work. Orlando would only have to add a couple hundred thousand on top of the suggested guys and they could take back CP3 and Okafor without sending Turk or Gil.

waveycrockett
12-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Orlando can send back anywhere from $13m to $20.5m and fit within the 125% + $100k rule. The contracts suggested in the article add up to about $23m. Orlando have plenty to send to make the salaries work. Orlando would only have to add a couple hundred thousand on top of the suggested guys and they could take back CP3 and Okafor without sending Turk or Gil.

I dont know how the new CBA shakes out with the New rules all I know is that CP3+Emeka are making 28 Million. If they are only sending back 13 Million that is crazy and it isn't working in the trade machine which is set up with 125%+100k rule. This basically is also just a pure salary dump deal for NO they are getting back a few guys with the potential to be borderline starters and some veteran role players with a bunch of yrs left on their deal. Makes zero sense for them. There are teams like the Clips who would probably do Cp3 for a rental and make it more worth their while.

bholly
12-03-2011, 06:17 AM
I dont know how the new CBA shakes out with the New rules all I know is that CP3+Emeka are making 28 Million. If they are only sending back 13 Million that is crazy and it isn't working in the trade machine which is set up with 125%+100k rule. This basically is also just a pure salary dump deal for NO they are getting back a few guys with the potential to be borderline starters and some veteran role players with a bunch of yrs left on their deal. Makes zero sense for them. There are teams like the Clips who would probably do Cp3 for a rental and make it more worth their while.

The deal in the article in the OP doesn't have Okafor. It's CP3 ($17m) for 'some combination' of a list of guys, who in total are at around $23m. They can easily make a combination of those guys that fit between the $13m and $20.5m that is required by the 125% rule and CP3's $17m. Orlando could absolutely put together a package of salaries, excluding Turk, Dwight and Gil, that works in a trade for CP3.

You said it wouldn't work, I said the above to prove it could work, and then I (not the article) added Okafor to show that even something far more extreme could work. Orlando could absolutely put together a package of salaries, excluding Turk, Dwight and Gil, that works in a trade for CP3 and Okafor.

I agree with you, as does everyone else, that other teams could offer much more than that. I also agree that the Clips and others could do better deals just for rentals. I've been beating that drum about as loud as anyone in these threads the last few days. I even said in my first response to this thread that the Clips would likely jump in. The idea of this article is just that Orlando should take a shot at it, in case other teams aren't willing to bid more for a rental, and it's right. They should take a shot.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 07:23 AM
I think LAC would take CP3 AND Dwight without the extension and they can beat that package

NJ would most definitely take Dwight without the extension and they can definitely beat that package.

Its a little too late for Otis. Save your job by avoiding all this drama before the season and dealing Dwight to the highest bidder

oak2455
12-03-2011, 07:54 AM
But Dwight wants to be a Laker....so I guess Cp3 and Mickey

Punk
12-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Loved the article. Orlando should go for it. Do what it takes.

So, It's okay for Paul to team with Dwight but it's a problem for Paul to go to NY?

IndyRealist
12-03-2011, 11:33 AM
So, It's okay for Paul to team with Dwight but it's a problem for Paul to go to NY?

I think it's more about the teams working the system instead of letting the players work the system. The only way Orlando contends this year is to take a rental on a star player that probably won't stay. Put all your eggs in one basket, and the worst thing that happens is you don't win a title, CP3 and Dwight leave, and not only are you no worse off but you've managed to shed several contracts in the process so you can rebuild.

hugepatsfan
12-03-2011, 11:36 AM

NY's package is much better than ORL. They can offer Fields, Toney Douglas, Iman Shumpert, and Billups (cap relief). That's better young talent than ORL can offer AND more cap flexibility.

NY isn't in great position to trade for him, but ORL is one of the handful of teams they could put together a better package than.

IndyRealist
12-03-2011, 11:41 AM
I just don't see it for this reason. CP3 will play hard for the Hornets this year, and why trade him to Orlando if you know he's your only money maker while getting nothing back in return except guys like Jameer, Redick, and Bass/Anderson who are under contract until 2013? Again, I would buy this if Jameer + Redick would be expiring deals/team options for 2013, but not in this case. NO would actually gain more by letting Cp3 walk in really either situation (Knicks or Magic deal). Why take on the extra money, especially for a franchise that doesn't want to spend? Why not just let Cp3 walk in 2012 if these were the only two deals available to them? They gain more because they'd have more cap room for 2012.

Just doesn't make sense for the NBA (who owns the Hornets). Let Cp3 make you money,

As the article says, you can flip those guys for draft picks. Some team is always looking for borderline starters, and you get something for effectively nothing, since CP3 isn't coming back. Indiana wouldn't trade for Nelson, Bass, and Anderson, but I bet they'd be willing to trade a draft pick for Brandon Bass seeing as they already traded one for George Hill. Now you've netted two draft picks plus Nelson and Anderson for Chris Paul. Who needs a PG? Portland, LA, Miami, Minnesota...I think you can see where this is going....

IndyRealist
12-03-2011, 11:43 AM
NY's package is much better than ORL. They can offer Fields, Toney Douglas, Iman Shumpert, and Billups (cap relief). That's better young talent than ORL can offer AND more cap flexibility.

NY isn't in great position to trade for him, but ORL is one of the handful of teams they could put together a better package than.

I'd almost buy it. But what NYK can offer is young talent. Orlando can offer proven talent and draft picks.

nate2usmc
12-03-2011, 11:51 AM
as the article says, you can flip those guys for draft picks. Some team is always looking for borderline starters, and you get something for effectively nothing, since cp3 isn't coming back. Indiana wouldn't trade for nelson, bass, and anderson, but i bet they'd be willing to trade a draft pick for brandon bass seeing as they already traded one for george hill. Now you've netted two draft picks plus nelson and anderson for chris paul. Who needs a pg? Portland, la, miami, minnesota...i think you can see where this is going....

kaaahhhhnnnnn!

mightybosstone
12-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I enjoyed reading the article, but it will never happen. Why? Because it makes too much sense, and NBA stars have pretty much thrown common sense out the window. If the league gives a damn about the Hornets, they'll trade Paul to OKC or Orlando to get a superior return over New York that still pairs Paul with a superstar. And if Paul was smart he would sign an extension with either of those teams, because Dwight and Durant are both better players than Melo and Stoudemire and the team surrounding the duos would be much better than what the Knicks will have to offer. OKC and Orlando give Paul the best chance at a ring. New York gives him the best chance to have fun and be a star. And he'll likely make the same amount of money no matter where he goes.

Raph12
12-03-2011, 02:07 PM
All you guys are, in the words of Deron Williams, "trippin"... The Magic might not have better offers than the Lakers, Mavs, Celts or Grizz, but they don't need the extension. CP3 already turned down the Celts and I doubt he'll sign with the Mavs or Grizz. Bynum would make Okafor excess weight in NO so that's $10+M wasted.

Again the Magic are giving up all of those guys without a CP3 extension, a la NJ Nets, none of those other teams would offer more value without the extension.