PDA

View Full Version : Source close to Andrew Bynum believes he will be playing for Orlando

Pages : [1] 2

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 04:01 AM
A source close to Los Angeles Lakers Center Andrew Bynum has been predicting that he would end up being traded to Orlando Magic for months now and reiterated that sentiment to HOOPSWORLD today. The belief is based off the assumption that the Magic are eventually going to be willing to trade All-Star center Dwight Howard. HoopsWorld

The source also spoke highly regarding how good of a fit Bynum would be in Orlando, stating that itís his time to be the man. Bynum voiced the desire to be more of a featured option at the conclusion of last season, but itís going to be hard for that to happen as long as Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant are still Lakers. HoopsWorld

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

MTar786
12-03-2011, 04:10 AM
dwight will be a laker.. in time

Raph12
12-03-2011, 04:19 AM
Well if a source close to Bynum said the Magic will trade Dwight to the Lakers, it must be true :rolleyes:

Wade>You
12-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Why isn't this near the top?

naps
12-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Sources close to Bynum...hahaha...Why the **** on earth he would go play with old Kobe when he can pair up with CP3/Deron/Rose/Blake and dominate for next 10 years?

last stand
12-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Sources close to Bynum...hahaha...Why the **** on earth he would go play with old Kobe when he can pair up with CP3/Deron/Rose/Blake and dominate for next 10 years?

well lets see deron and rose are in the east. orlando will not trade him in the east

blake and him are a terrible fit. they play identical styles offensively.

and kobe has a couple years left and then the most prestigious franchise in basketball is all dwights something noone else can offer. the keys to the laker franchise

Anilyzer
12-03-2011, 05:27 AM

It's called titles.

That's spelled TITLES.

TITLES

None of those other poseurs have a single title, just some cool commercials and some shoe contracts.

Kobe may be 31 but he is still right there in the top 2 or 3 players in the league, and he can do what no one else can when it comes down to it.

Lakers + Giants
12-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Kobes 33, but you're right.

Sactown
12-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Andrew Bynum has a bad contract

naps
12-03-2011, 05:45 AM
well lets see deron and rose are in the east. orlando will not trade him in the east

Orlando has ZERO leverage here. If you still think franchises decide where their superstar will go then you are a fool. Didn't you see LeBron, Bosh, and Melo? All Dwight needs to say "You can trade me to LA but I won't resign there." End of the story.

May be you are right, may be not. We don't really know how they will work together. They might form the most dominant front court of all time. The potential is there.

and kobe has a couple years left and then the most prestigious franchise in basketball is all dwights something noone else can offer. the keys to the laker franchise

What??? Lakers has no say where Dwight wants to play. You are a 25 year old center, would you like to pair up with Rose/CP3/Deron or a 33 year old declining Kobe? Rocket science? May be for you. CP3 and Deron are gonna be locked up for next 5/6 years and I am pretty sure Dwight wouldn't wait for an uncertain future with bunch old ladies. I understand Lakers has a reputation of getting good players but I just don't see who they would bring in to play with Dwight in 2 years when there will be nobody but Dwight himself. For Dwight, CP3, and Deron this is gonna be a decision in order to position themselves to win championships. I am damn sure they will have Miami Heat in their minds when they make up their minds for the foreseeable future.

Now, in no way I am saying Dwight won't be a Lakers. He could very well be but you speak as if you know Dwight's mind.

naps
12-03-2011, 05:49 AM
It's called titles.

That's spelled TITLES.

TITLES

None of those other poseurs have a single title, just some cool commercials and some shoe contracts.

Kobe may be 31 but he is still right there in the top 2 or 3 players in the league, and he can do what no one else can when it comes down to it.

Hahaha...another blind Lakers fan. This post is wrong is so many ways I am not gonna even bother breaking it down. You arrogance and ignorance are so blatant that you are actually making a fool of yourself. I don't know how people like you don't learn from Bruno, Avenged24, and other good Lakers posters how to be rational.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 06:02 AM

basically he's an expiring

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 06:04 AM

Yo cuz he wants ta play wif kobey, da greatest hoops playa ever afta MJ don't make me shank ya!

last stand
12-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Orlando has ZERO leverage here. If you still think franchises decide where their superstar will go then you are a fool. Didn't you see LeBron, Bosh, and Melo? All Dwight needs to say "You can trade me to LA but I won't resign there." End of the story.

May be you are right, may be not. We don't really know how they will work together. They might form the most dominant front court of all time. The potential is there.

What??? Lakers has no say where Dwight wants to play. You are a 25 year old center, would you like to pair up with Rose/CP3/Deron or a 33 year old declining Kobe? Rocket science? May be for you. CP3 and Deron are gonna be locked up for next 5/6 years and I am pretty sure Dwight wouldn't wait for an uncertain future with bunch old ladies. I understand Lakers has a reputation of getting good players but I just don't see who they would bring in to play with Dwight in 2 years when there will be nobody but Dwight himself. For Dwight, CP3, and Deron this is gonna be a decision in order to position themselves to win championships. I am damn sure they will have Miami Heat in their minds when they make up their minds for the foreseeable future.

Now, in no way I am saying Dwight won't be a Lakers. He could very well be but you speak as if you know Dwight's mind.

Well there is much more evidence that Dwight wants to be a laker and play with Kobe than any evidence saying otherwise.

Matt barnes a friend of Howard says Dwight told him he wants to be in LA.
Dwight himself when asked what star he would like to play with most in the NBA said one person. He didn't say Paul, rose, dirk, Lebron or Williams. He said Kobe. Specifically Kobe

Also it's the lakers. A franchise lightyears ahead of any other than Boston. And in terms of popularity it's not even close. Dwight gets the keys to that franchise once Kobe begins to go down. Lakers and bulls are the only teams ready to accept Dwight and still be title contenders. However the lakers are in the west, have better contracts and players to offer.

And griffen and Dwight would be even worse than wade and Lebron because those guys are at least ball handlers. Blake and Howard would lose a ton of touches because they are bigs who rely on others as it is.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 07:02 AM
One thing people are forgetting is that the Nets, just like with Deron, are willning to take Dwight without the promise of a contract extension. So if Dwight pulls the i only wanna play for LA card then ORL can just say "oh cool, good luck getting there thru FA in 2012" and trade hm to the Nets or any other team willing to take the risk of renting him without an extension. I guess the Nets belief is that a year of playing with Deron will change his mind about LA

LakersIn5
12-03-2011, 07:14 AM
deron will leave the nets after this season so NJ/brooklyn wont be dwights destination plus dwight wants to be the conrnerstone of 1 of the 2 best franchise in nba history. and the lakers wont be the same if they dont have a superstar once kobe is done. its just laker tradition

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:16 AM
3 things deron and dwight won't sniff a title so both will leave.

Secondly the nets are in the east

Third the nets do care about extensions. 100% why do u think Carmelo wasn't traded to the nets. Because he told them he would resign there. They traded for deron because they Obviously didn't get that same "no" from deron. Saying I won't sign an extension right now is different than I won't resign there. Dwight says he won't resign there they will no trade for him

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 07:34 AM
deron will leave the nets after this season so NJ/brooklyn wont be dwights destination plus dwight wants to be the conrnerstone of 1 of the 2 best franchise in nba history. and the lakers wont be the same if they dont have a superstar once kobe is done. its just laker tradition

I wont delve into the ridiculousness and childishness of your post. My only point is that the Nets are desperate enough that they will take the risk of them both walking at the end of the year. They dont need Dwight's promise of an extension.

Nobody knows what will happen with Deron. He has assured Nets fans that his opting out doesnt mean he wont resign and has said nothing but positive things of the Nets. Will he stay? Who knows. None of the 2012 big three have singned their contract yet as they will most likely all opt out to make more money. The CBA makes that the smart thing to do. Deron was just doing what he did with the Turkey thing when the lockout started; being proactive. Ill say one thing thou.. Deron is definitely the most likely to stay of those three (Paul, Dwight, Deron).

Im almost certain that if its LA vs NJ in ORL's eyes then they will most certainly take the Nets offer due simply because it allows them to rebuild. The Nets will take Dwight with or without an ext so if LA gets Dwight it will have to be thru FA in 2012.

AllBall
12-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Whomever Bynum plays for, he'll have to serve his 5 game suspension first....

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 07:40 AM
3 things deron and dwight won't sniff a title so both will leave.

Secondly the nets are in the east

Third the nets do care about extensions. 100% why do u think Carmelo wasn't traded to the nets. Because he told them he would resign there. They traded for deron because they Obviously didn't get that same "no" from deron. Saying I won't sign an extension right now is different than I won't resign there. Dwight says he won't resign there they will no trade for him

Your clutching at straws. Stop it. Firstly they got the same maybe from Deron they got from Melo. Melo only wanted the money. He would have signed with the Nets. Secondly pairing Dwight and Deron along with whoever else they get has a chance to convince them both to stay and if you disagree go back to the video where Dwight in plain English, lists two current Nets as players he wants to play with and one of them being Deron.

Stop pretending that Brooklyn is NJ. Those two will give serious thought to staying in Brooklyn if Dwight is traded there.

basketfan4life
12-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Hahaha...another blind Lakers fan. This post is wrong is so many ways I am not gonna even bother breaking it down. You arrogance and ignorance are so blatant that you are actually making a fool of yourself. I don't know how people like you don't learn from Bruno, Avenged24, and other good Lakers posters how to be rational.

not saying dwight will come to la or not, but you are calling someone who believes he will "a fool" 3 times in 3 posts...If you don't believe a ballclub which has signed the most superstars in the history of the game has zero chance getting dwight, may be you should look up to your foolishness...

natedogg74
12-03-2011, 09:19 AM
y in the hell would he go to la lakers kobe and gasol r not getting any younger and after they retire itll be the same situation he is in orlando no talent around him i still think the magic best deal is the bulls if they r willing to do so derrick rose and dwight would be sick for many years but well see

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 09:20 AM
I wont delve into the ridiculousness and childishness of your post. My only point is that the Nets are desperate enough that they will take the risk of them both walking at the end of the year. They dont need Dwight's promise of an extension.

Nobody knows what will happen with Deron. He has assured Nets fans that his opting out doesnt mean he wont resign and has said nothing but positive things of the Nets. Will he stay? Who knows. None of the 2012 big three have singned their contract yet as they will most likely all opt out to make more money. The CBA makes that the smart thing to do. Deron was just doing what he did with the Turkey thing when the lockout started; being proactive. Ill say one thing thou.. Deron is definitely the most likely to stay of those three (Paul, Dwight, Deron).

Im almost certain that if its LA vs NJ in ORL's eyes then they will most certainly take the Nets offer due simply because it allows them to rebuild. The Nets will take Dwight with or without an ext so if LA gets Dwight it will have to be thru FA in 2012.

so the Lakers offer dont allow them to rebuild?

Actually it will depend on who the magic front office value higher..Bynum or Lopez? and dont talk to me about picks coz mid to late 1st rounders are overrated and unpredictable.. It really depends on your scouting.. and base on the last few draft that the magic had they could not land an impact player with those mid to late 1st...

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 09:23 AM
y in the hell would he go to la lakers kobe and gasol r not getting any younger and after they retire itll be the same situation he is in orlando no talent around him i still think the magic best deal is the bulls if they r willing to do so derrick rose and dwight would be sick for many years but well see

I think I advise you to know every team in the NBA not only your own team.. COz Kobe and GAsol are only signed for 3 more years and during those 3 years with Dwight La will be a force and a contender.. After that they will be FA or retire and LA will have tons of capspace... and guess who are the FA after 3 years...? might as well check that out...;)

justinnum1
12-03-2011, 09:29 AM
It's called titles.

That's spelled TITLES.

TITLES

no.
lebron
wade
howard
cp3
durant

all are better

ichitownclowni
12-03-2011, 09:38 AM
It's called titles.

That's spelled TITLES.

TITLES

First of all he is 33

Second of all he is not in the top 2-3 anymore

Lebron D Wade Dwight D Rose Kevin Durant CP3.

Third If he could do it when it comes down to it he should not have been swept by the Mavs in the playoffs

DR_1
12-03-2011, 09:41 AM
no.
lebron
wade
howard
cp3
durant

all are better

Lol Wade and CP3

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 10:09 AM
so the Lakers offer dont allow them to rebuild?

Actually it will depend on who the magic front office value higher..Bynum or Lopez? and dont talk to me about picks coz mid to late 1st rounders are overrated and unpredictable.. It really depends on your scouting.. and base on the last few draft that the magic had they could not land an impact player with those mid to late 1st...

Not if the Magic are trying to save money. Why would they continue to pay all that tax just to fight for a 8-10th seed with Gasol and Bynum or Bynum and Odom. They will or should most definitely aim at getting a top pick in 2012 so they can get Drummond or Davis or Barnes. By taking the Lakers package they would slash that idea cuz the players they would receive would keep them semi competitive and so no top pick :( Furthermore Bynum, for all his talent is till a huge injury risk that cant stay on the floor while Lopez has yet to miss a game in his career.

For a rebuilding team there is no question that LAC and NJ beat most other offers on the table sans MIA offering Lebron or OKC offering Westy

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Lol Wade and CP3

Whats so funny? They are both better and this is coming from a Kobe mark

futureman
12-03-2011, 10:24 AM

You should just give the keys to Bynum because you guys talk like he's all great and ****. Laker fans overrate him so much they make me sick. If I'm orlando I would rather lose Howard for nothing than take on this overrated bum who misses over half of his games.

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Not if the Magic are trying to save money. Why would they continue to pay all that tax just to fight for a 8-10th seed with Gasol and Bynum or Bynum and Odom. They will or should most definitely aim at getting a top pick in 2012 so they can get Drummond or Davis or Barnes. By taking the Lakers package they would slash that idea cuz the players they would receive would keep them semi competitive and so no top pick :( Furthermore Bynum, for all his talent is till a huge injury risk that cant stay on the floor while Lopez has yet to miss a game in his career.

For a rebuilding team there is no question that LAC and NJ beat most other offers on the table sans MIA offering Lebron or OKC offering Westy

Semi competitive? So i guess Odom will interest a lot of teams right? Then with that logic they can offer Odom to another team who needs a PF/Sf.. I think they can land a late 1st rounder for him or maybe a future 1st..Hell sasha even landed you 1.. Another point is your saying that Brook is better than Bynum so i guess with that thinking He will bring the magic a better record since the only difference in both trades is LO and he might as well be packaged to another team..As for Bynum vs Lopez it really depends on how the magic look at both so our opinions are moot.

oh my you really overrate your teams offer..Better than OKC? and same as LAC...seriously? your offer is almost the same as LA's offer.. the one difference is the you can add another mid 1st rounder via Rockets pick which atm is uncertain when will be conveyed.. OKC with an offer of Westbrook,Harden or Ibaka plus expirings is way better than your offer..

Another Thing is Brook will be a FA next year and with the way you look at him as a very good player it will no doubt make him a coveted FA.. With teams having lots of cap space next year and only a few decent Centers available it will not make it impossible that he will cost north of 12 mil. and as a RFA would the magic match any offers? especially if it will cost them say like 14-15 mil a year.

Another thing about the new CBA is that teams are required to spend at least some amount of the cap to ensure they are competitive...

The new salary floor guarantees that cheaper teams have to spend money. Every team HAS to spend 85 percent of the salary cap for the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons (it's $49.3 million this season), then 90 percent for every season after that.

might help you
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7307298/the-first-day-nba-christmas

JordansBulls
12-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Why would Orlando accomodate Dwight if he isnt playing for them? Doesn't make sense.

futureman
12-03-2011, 10:34 AM
I think I advise you to know every team in the NBA not only your own team.. COz Kobe and GAsol are only signed for 3 more years and during those 3 years with Dwight La will be a force and a contender.. After that they will be FA or retire and LA will have tons of capspace... and guess who are the FA after 3 years...? might as well check that out...;)

Yeah, If those FA's(Favors) are on teams with multiple All-stars at that time (Hayward and Burks) You won't be getting jack ****. Because why would a young player leave a team for money when they would win a championship right where they are at?

I tell you, this looting of superstars will come back to bite these big market teams in the *** because when their current stars are all washed up and the teams who they robbed now have multiple all-stars they aren't going to be wanting to leave anytime soon if they want to play for a championship because their current situation would be 100 times better.

Just look at Durant, the lakers have no chance in hell of ever signing him because of how loaded OKC is. I expect More teams like this in the Future especially with the Wolves and Jazz.

BKLYNpigeon
12-03-2011, 10:37 AM

He's too young, too big and too talented to have a bad contract.

futureman
12-03-2011, 10:40 AM
:laugh:
He's too young, too big and too talented to have a bad contract.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Semi competitive? So i guess Odom will interest a lot of teams right? Then with that logic they can offer Odom to another team who needs a PF/Sf.. I think they can land a late 1st rounder for him or maybe a future 1st..Hell sasha even landed you 1.. Another point is your saying that Brook is better than Bynum so i guess with that thinking He will bring the magic a better record since the only difference in both trades is LO and he might as well be packaged to another team..As for Bynum vs Lopez it really depends on how the magic look at both so our opinions are moot.

oh my you really overrate your teams offer..Better than OKC? and same as LAC...seriously? your offer is almost the same as LA's offer.. the one difference is the you can add another mid 1st rounder via Rockets pick which atm is uncertain when will be conveyed.. OKC with an offer of Westbrook,Harden or Ibaka plus expirings is way better than your offer..

Another Thing is Brook will be a FA next year and with the way you look at him as a very good player it will no doubt make him a coveted FA.. With teams having lots of cap space next year and only a few decent Centers available it will not make it impossible that he will cost north of 12 mil. and as a RFA would the magic match any offers? especially if it will cost them say like 14-15 mil a year.

Another thing about the new CBA is that teams are required to spend at least some amount of the cap to ensure they are competitive...

The new salary floor guarantees that cheaper teams have to spend money. Every team HAS to spend 85 percent of the salary cap for the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons (it's $49.3 million this season), then 90 percent for every season after that.

might help you
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7307298/the-first-day-nba-christmas

Either your reading comprehension is low or my writing skills suck.. i guess ill go with the latter.

I never said NJ had a better offer than OKC or MIA or LAC. I am going under the hypothetical assumption that its LA or NJ. Now try to follow me:

Bynm is indeed a better player as of now than Lopez. However Bynum is a huge injury risk while Lopez has never missed a game.

You are purposely underrating your player (Odom) to help your argument. Odom is a great support player than does the things that help teams win. A Bynum/Odom combo keeps the Magic competitive in the east far more than Lopez and cap space. Furthermore you cant just send Odom to anyone for a pick cuz you need his salary for the trade to work.

Lopez will not leave ORL. He has stated that he would LOVE to play in ORL. Thats where he and his brother vacation every summer. Bynum is a ??? Would he stay with them? Idk enough about him to speculate about where he wants to live and play

A trade with NJ would suck balls for ORL and they know that but when trading for a top 2 player what the hell do you think they can get?

goNYgoNYgo
12-03-2011, 10:58 AM
bynum alone may just be the thing he needs, i remember last year in the finals, he was going hard. if he can stay healthy, he can become a star there. i hope so, i hope orlando gets something outta this.

and hell yea d12 wants to play with kobe. decline my ***. i mean yea he's declining, but he's still top 1/2 player in the league. kobe adjusts his game with age, he can be dominant for another 4 years. and after that, who takes over? d12! just like how kobe took over after shaq.

atleast i hope thats what happens, i want cp3 on the knicks, b/c d will isn't guaranteed. well neither is cp3, but high chance. man i can't take this no more, they need to make the trade deadline tomorrow or something

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 11:04 AM
bynum alone may just be the thing he needs, i remember last year in the finals, he was going hard. if he can stay healthy, he can become a star there. i hope so, i hope orlando gets something outta this.

and hell yea d12 wants to play with kobe. decline my ***. i mean yea he's declining, but he's still top 1/2 player in the league. kobe adjusts his game with age, he can be dominant for another 4 years. and after that, who takes over? d12! just like how kobe took over after shaq.

atleast i hope thats what happens, i want cp3 on the knicks, b/c d will isn't guaranteed. well neither is cp3, but high chance. man i can't take this no more, they need to make the trade deadline tomorrow or something

Theres no such thing as top 1. Theres just top 2. Also sorry cuz i love Kobe hence the 24 in my name but he is barely top 5 if that

IndyRealist
12-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Dwight gives them a better shot at a title now, and they're just going to blow it up after this year anyway.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Maybe LA blows it up after this year anyway, so what they're looking for is one last shot at a title. Dwight gives them a better shot than Bynum, AND it gets them out of Bynum's long term contract. Win-win. Not saying that's what'll happen, just saying it's a possibility.

This isnt about what LA wants. They are not the ones with the superstar C. If they cant offer the best return then they wont get him. Its that simple

IndyRealist
12-03-2011, 11:11 AM
This isnt about what LA wants. They are not the ones with the superstar C. If they cant offer the best return then they wont get him. Its that simple

Rewrote my post, didn't realize Bynum was expiring. But the point still applies. Orlando can ship him to LA because they're getting Bynum in return, who will be happy to sign franchise player money with Orlando. LA gets a better shot at a ring this year, and they break even next year because they were going to lose their staring center anyway. What team is offering more than a franchise center for Dwight?

Dwight gets NO CHOICE about where he's traded to, all he can do is say he won't sign an extension. I don't think LA will care about an extension, because they're blowing up their team next year anyway.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Rewrote my post, didn't realize Bynum was expiring. But the point still applies. Orlando can ship him to LA because they're getting Bynum in return, who will be happy to sign franchise player money with Orlando. LA gets a better shot at a ring this year, and they break even next year because they were going to lose their staring center anyway. What team is offering more than a franchise center for Dwight?

Dwight gets NO CHOICE about where he's traded to, all he can do is say he won't sign an extension. I don't think LA will care about an extension, because they're blowing up their team next year anyway.

LOL @ the assumption that ORL and Dwight's hands are so tied that they would HAVE to trade Dwight to the Lakers

LAC was the Nets greatest threat. If they are out (unlikely) then ORL will look favorably upon the Nets offer.

BigCityofDreams
12-03-2011, 11:19 AM

I think Kobe will have something to prove this season not saying he's going to win the MVP and average 35 a game but ppl are writing him off too quickly.

IndiansFan337
12-03-2011, 11:27 AM
If Bynum gets sent to ORL for Howard, he will average 22-25 ppg as long as he stays healthy -- which obviously is a big question.

goNYgoNYgo
12-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Theres no such thing as top 1. Theres just top 2. Also sorry cuz i love Kobe hence the 24 in my name but he is barely top 5 if that

I wanted to say he's arguably the best player in the league, but I would get crap for it. But you know what, eff it, he's still the best. He wins games. Plain and simple. The only person that has more game than him is lbj, but he can't win games, that's y I put him below kobe.

d12 is the best center. Since the nba really doesn't have any good centers, he dominates his position. Don't get me wrong, he's a monster, but most of his success is due to lack of centers in the league, thats y he dominates. In the 90's he would be alil above avg, esp since lack of a post game. I kno he worked with the dream, but you only saw flashes of that and def not enough of it.i I think if camby played in his prime in this era, he would dominate.

durant is great and imo will become the best in the league, but as of now no. Inconsistent. No moves. Okay on defense. Tons of potential.

d rose, phenomenal, but I don't think he's the best

idk, I might be bias, but the things kobe does, nobody but mike could do. After wt, 15 seasons, he's still the guy who you want the ball in his hand for the last shot. Mark my words, he's gonna beast this season, he got new knees, terminator style

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I wanted to say he's arguably the best player in the league, but I would get crap for it. But you know what, eff it, he's still the best. He wins games. Plain and simple. The only person that has more game than him is lbj, but he can't win games, that's y I put him below kobe.

d12 is the best center. Since the nba really doesn't have any good centers, he dominates his position. Don't get me wrong, he's a monster, but most of his success is due to lack of centers in the league, thats y he dominates. In the 90's he would be alil above avg, esp since lack of a post game. I kno he worked with the dream, but you only saw flashes of that and def not enough of it.i I think if camby played in his prime in this era, he would dominate.

durant is great and imo will become the best in the league, but as of now no. Inconsistent. No moves. Okay on defense. Tons of potential.

idk, I might be bias, but the things kobe does, nobody but mike could do. After wt, 15 seasons, he's still the guy who you want the ball in his hand for the last shot. Mark my words, he's gonna beast this season, he got new knees, terminator style

You my friend are beyond hope..

superwill
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Atl....gets bynum,hedo,and steve blake......magic get al,lamar,and kurt........... lal gets howard and josh smith

stensley
12-03-2011, 12:04 PM

Who's to say that cp3 or deron will be with their respective team. Only the lakers can offer a legit big man for D12

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Who's to say that cp3 or deron will be with their respective team. Only the lakers can offer a legit big man for D12

Lopez? D.Jordan?

HouRealCoach
12-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Hoopshype?? Lol this is false

Kobe4Life
12-03-2011, 12:27 PM
so many kobe haters its unreal. Thats great that people can compile a list of players better than kobe. How about you compile a list of the amount of rings those players have? Thats what I thought.

While Kobe is getting his 6th next year you guys can keep talking about how CP3, Wade, Lebron are better than Kobe now while they still get bounced out of the playoffs. At least Dwight is smart enough to know where to go if you want a ring.LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

By the way the list
CP3- 0
Wade - 1
Lebron- 0
Melo - 0

Kobe- 5

nate2usmc
12-03-2011, 12:33 PM
so many kobe haters its unreal. Thats great that people can compile a list of players better than kobe. How about you compile a list of the amount of rings those players have? Thats what I thought.

While Kobe is getting his 6th next year you guys can keep talking about how CP3, Wade, Lebron are better than Kobe now while they still get bounced out of the playoffs. At least Dwight is smart enough to know where to go if you want a ring.LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

By the way the list
CP3- 0
Wade - 1
Lebron- 0
Melo - 0

Kobe- 5

LOL hate to say this but its true.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 12:44 PM

:laugh2:

I really hope this will happen:D

tbomlad
12-03-2011, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=naps;19939781]Orlando has ZERO leverage here. If you still think franchises decide where their superstar will go then you are a fool. Didn't you see LeBron, Bosh, and Melo? All Dwight needs to say "You can trade me to LA but I won't resign there." End of the story.

What are you talking about?!!:facepalm: Actually, Orlando has all the leverage. Teams are going to be falling over themselves to put the best package together to get Dwight. No team that Dwight would want to play for can afford him if he's a FA and he would be leaving a ****load of money on the table if he doesn't resign with the Magic. So where do you get ORL has zero leverage?

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Using rings as a measuring stick is not fair. Were talking about players NOW. Of course prime Kobe would be the best player but hes not in his prime anymore

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Atl....gets bynum,hedo,and steve blake......magic get al,lamar,and kurt........... lal gets howard and josh smith

:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
12-03-2011, 12:53 PM
One thing people are forgetting is that the Nets, just like with Deron, are willning to take Dwight without the promise of a contract extension. So if Dwight pulls the i only wanna play for LA card then ORL can just say "oh cool, good luck getting there thru FA in 2012" and trade hm to the Nets or any other team willing to take the risk of renting him without an extension. I guess the Nets belief is that a year of playing with Deron will change his mind about LA

In this CBA I dont think you can be traded and then sign an extension you have to become a free agent anyway.

nickdymez
12-03-2011, 12:56 PM

None of those guys are winners, Kobe is.

Sportfan
12-03-2011, 01:05 PM
yup, he'll be traded for Gilbert

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Either your reading comprehension is low or my writing skills suck.. i guess ill go with the latter.

I never said NJ had a better offer than OKC or MIA or LAC. I am going under the hypothetical assumption that its LA or NJ. Now try to follow me:

Bynm is indeed a better player as of now than Lopez. However Bynum is a huge injury risk while Lopez has never missed a game.

You are purposely underrating your player (Odom) to help your argument. Odom is a great support player than does the things that help teams win. A Bynum/Odom combo keeps the Magic competitive in the east far more than Lopez and cap space. Furthermore you cant just send Odom to anyone for a pick cuz you need his salary for the trade to work.

Lopez will not leave ORL. He has stated that he would LOVE to play in ORL. Thats where he and his brother vacation every summer. Bynum is a ??? Would he stay with them? Idk enough about him to speculate about where he wants to live and play

A trade with NJ would suck balls for ORL and they know that but when trading for a top 2 player what the hell do you think they can get?

Im not underrating odom..I know when he gets traded a lot of teams will be interested on him.. If traded to the magic I really think he will be sent packing to another team for pick and an expiring deal.. With the new CBA you can trade 150%..which means a salary of 6 mil expring could be traded for Lo.. I think lots of teams has that and Orlando can save some money..

Hellcrooner
12-03-2011, 01:12 PM
lol, i think people fails to realize that if lakers manage to keep Pau while getting Howard.

Kobe`+pau+ howard = 2 out of the next 3 rings.

THEN after this three years kobe and pau expire leaving the team with a LOT OF CAPSPACE to sign whoever is the hot FA that season to join Dwight and keep being competitive.

oak2455
12-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Why all the Kobe hate the man is insane, but keep trashing him.....If the Lakers get Dwight they are the favorites IMO....END OF DISCUSSION:D BTW Kentucky VS Carolina gooooood game:D

Hellcrooner
12-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Why all the Kobe hate the man is insane, but keep trashing him.....If the Lakers get Dwight they are the favorites IMO....END OF DISCUSSION:D BTW Kentucky VS Carolina gooooood game:D

we are one of the favourites with or withouth him.

futureman
12-03-2011, 01:17 PM
lol, i think people fails to realize that if lakers manage to keep Pau while getting Howard.

THEN after this three years kobe and pau expire leaving the team with a LOT OF CAPSPACE to sign whoever is the hot FA that season to join Dwight and keep being competitive.

In reality. Orlando would probably want both Pau and Bynum and make you guys take back Arenas or Hedo.

The reason why the laker trade sucks and Orlando would be much better off letting Howard go, is that the lakers have zero pieces for Orlando to rebuild around. You do not rebuild around an aging Pau Gasol or an overrated player who misses ove half his games.

oak2455
we are one of the favourites with or withouth him.

I know just trying to squash all the hate its silly:facepalm:

Cano-Montero...
In this CBA I dont think you can be traded and then sign an extension you have to become a free agent anyway.

i think you can but at a lower total salary..

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 01:22 PM

and those hot FA includes 3 guys from the 2003 class and a certain up and coming pg although he will be a RFA..

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Im not underrating odom..I know when he gets traded a lot of teams will be interested on him.. If traded to the magic I really think he will be sent packing to another team for pick and an expiring deal.. With the new CBA you can trade 150%..which means a salary of 6 mil expring could be traded for Lo.. I think lots of teams has that and Orlando can save some money..

Even so.. Nets provide them more flexibility

showtym24
12-03-2011, 01:30 PM

Exactly, the funny thing though is most of these people realize this and just dont want to admit it to themselves.

_Supreme_
12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I see it is monkeypoo rumour time again.

Hellcrooner
12-03-2011, 01:47 PM
In reality. Orlando would probably want both Pau and Bynum and make you guys take back Arenas or Hedo.

The reason why the laker trade sucks and Orlando would be much better off letting Howard go, is that the lakers have zero pieces for Orlando to rebuild around. You do not rebuild around an aging Pau Gasol or an overrated player who misses ove half his games.

Thats why you make it a three way deal(or deal the pieces you got by deadline if they do the dwight deal now).

Im sure the Wolves for example could use Bynum or Gasol and send back some young talent like Randolph and beasley .....and darko for matching salarys.

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Even so.. Nets provide them more flexibility

Wonder what flexibility your talking about?

Brook will get his money next year...same amount or near the amount bynum is earning... the only flexibilty they can give the magic better than the lakers is this year.. next year they will have the same amount of savings with either the LA or Nets trade..

This year with the nets trade they can save 25 mil
as for the LA trade 4 mil if only Bynum and Odom included if La takes on duhon its around 7.5 mil..

For me it really depends on who the magic FO value more... I think Dwight will give them a list...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 02:14 PM

bu...but...le...le...lebron said the heat are gonna win 8 championships

USMCLaker
12-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Thats why you make it a three way deal(or deal the pieces you got by deadline if they do the dwight deal now).

Im sure the Wolves for example could use Bynum or Gasol and send back some young talent like Randolph and beasley .....and darko for matching salarys.

Crooner offering up Gasol? Are you on some kind of new Euro designer medication?

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Wonder what flexibility your talking about?

Brook will get his money next year...same amount or near the amount bynum is earning... the only flexibilty they can give the magic better than the lakers is this year.. next year they will have the same amount of savings with either the LA or Nets trade..

This year with the nets trade they can save 25 mil
as for the LA trade 4 mil if only Bynum and Odom included if La takes on duhon its around 7.5 mil..

For me it really depends on who the magic FO value more... I think Dwight will give them a list...

Your still not understanding. Bynum is too much of a risk for a rebuilding team. ORL already has assurances that Brook would stay with them since he is a RFA and he wants to be in ORL. Bynum is also a huge health risk unlike Lopez. Lastly the Nets offer more young players than the Lakers would

Hellcrooner
12-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Crooner offering up Gasol? Are you on some kind of new Euro designer medication?

no, im a laker fan since 1985.

if it takes to trade gasol ( 31 years old) to get Howard, you do it because thats the way you ensure your future competitiveness.

same way id be open to trade Kobe for howard then bynum for paul, for the same reason.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Your still not understanding. Bynum is too much of a risk for a rebuilding team. ORL already has assurances that Brook would stay with them since he is a RFA and he wants to be in ORL. Bynum is also a huge health risk unlike Lopez. Lastly the Nets offer more young players than the Lakers would

???

Hellcrooner
12-03-2011, 02:24 PM

bynum is a expiring with a one year renovaiton option.

he gets injured? you get the cap sapce.

Young players' yes, but htey can work out a three way deal that sends howard to lakers, youngsters and expirings to orlando and Bynum or Pau to a third team that needs one of them to contend.

ldawg
12-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Sorry But Pau and Bynum is to much for Howard. Imo Lakers would be better off not doing that trade if it cost them both big man and get a pg. Bynum and Odom yes, Howard is good but he is not Bynum and Pau great.

5ass
12-03-2011, 02:29 PM
orl doesnt want bynum. how long will it take for laker fans to realize this?

USMCLaker
12-03-2011, 02:29 PM
no, im a laker fan since 1985.

if it takes to trade gasol ( 31 years old) to get Howard, you do it because thats the way you ensure your future competitiveness.

same way id be open to trade Kobe for howard then bynum for paul, for the same reason.

I hear you but Dr. Buss will not trade a long time franchise championship player at any point. When Kobe is done he will retire a Laker or leave on his own accord he wont be traded by Mr Dr Buss.

gatkins11
12-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Sorry But Pau and Bynum is to much for Howard. Imo Lakers would be better off not doing that trade if it cost them both big man and get a pg. Bynum and Odom yes, Howard is good but he is not Bynum and Pau great.

He's the most dominant center in the league, by a wide margin. How is he not worth that?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 02:31 PM

oh yes they want

USMCLaker
12-03-2011, 02:32 PM

I agree that we don't need a center we need a solid point guard and that's the only thing the FO should be concerned about.

BigCityofDreams
12-03-2011, 02:35 PM

When they are actually presented with that offer and reject it.

mrblisterdundee
12-03-2011, 02:40 PM

Well then Orlando's definitely going to trade for him.

ldawg
12-03-2011, 02:41 PM
He's the most dominant center in the league, by a wide margin. How is he not worth that?He is but the key is to pair Howard with Pau up front if you trade both that leave him and Kobe. The only way La should trade both Bynum and Pau if Williams or Cp3 is on the way. Other than that they hurt there chances to beat Miami and win. If you gut the team to get Howard it makes no sense. La would be better off and keep their big men and target a pg. Howard alone can't off set the loss of both big men. They both can avg 19/10 which is not far from howard he don't avg 40ppg. Bynum is a future all-star center, Odom is a better pf than Orlando has at present, Future draft pick and rights to one of their rookies is good enough. If thats the case let him walk for nothing La don't have to be force into a bad trade. Its not like they are not a top 5 team.

mrblisterdundee
12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
How about Howard, Bass and Reddick for Bynum and Gasol?

USMCLaker
12-03-2011, 02:45 PM
How about Howard, Bass and Reddick for Bynum and Gasol?

Come on man that's as ridiculous as some of the trade proposals Laker fans come up with.

5ass
12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
oh yes they want

ur delusional, like all laker fans, watvr its going to be fun reading ur *****ing and moaning when that offer gets rejected.

futureman
12-03-2011, 02:49 PM
He is but the key is to pair Howard with Pau up front if you trade both that leave him and Kobe. The only way La should trade both Bynum and Pau if Williams or Cp3 is on the way. Other than that they hurt there chances to beat Miami and win. If you gut the team to get Howard it makes no sense. La would be better off and keep their big men and target a pg. Howard alone can't off set the loss of both big men. Bynum is a future all-star center, Odom is a better pf than Orlando has at present, Future draft pick and rights to one of their rookies is good enough. If thats the case let him walk for nothing La don't have to be force into a bad trade. Its not like they are not a top 5 team.

If that were the case, Why would they need Howard?

USMCLaker
12-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Dr Buss didn't become the greatest NBA owner by being stupid. He is not going to trade away half his team to get an all star center when we got a serviceable center that helped defeat Dwight Howard's Orlando Magic in the finals. Besides the ball is not in the Magic's court if they don't trade Dwight they risk the chance of getting no value in return IE mr talents to south beach.

ldawg
12-03-2011, 02:59 PM

If that were the case, Why would they need Howard?Thats the point they really don't need him to win. But if Orlando is Going to trade him he is an upgrade over Bynum at present he is more active. Orlando best bet is the land the 2nd best center and the best true center in the NBA as long as Oden is injured. But if La face Orlando Howard will no beat up on both Players. When on top of his game Bynum alone can disrupt Howard he is just to long and big and skill full to be dominated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoWTyAyJLDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgoW-qeNNg0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM1_FhfYXyE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbItcg7kcEw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAtM2ds2bnw&feature=related

LakersMaster24
12-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Are you guys morons? I dont understand one thing. Do you people want us (Lakers fans) to go around saying:

"WE ARE NOT GETTING DWIGHT WE SUCK! WE CANT PLAY! NO WAY! KOBE SUCKS, WE ARE DONE! THATS IT! WE ARE NOT GETTING ANYONE EVER AGAIN!"

Thats not being rational...thats called being pessimistic. If you are a true fan of your team, you will be hoping for any trade to happen, you will continue saying that your team is good, etc.

Cal827
12-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Are you guys morons? I dont understand one thing. Do you people want us (Lakers fans) to go around saying:

"WE ARE NOT GETTING DWIGHT WE SUCK! WE CANT PLAY! NO WAY! KOBE SUCKS, WE ARE DONE! THATS IT! WE ARE NOT GETTING ANYONE EVER AGAIN!"

Thats not being rational...thats called being pessimistic. If you are a true fan of your team, you will be hoping for any trade to happen, you will continue saying that your team is good, etc.

It's nice to see that some Laker fans get it... lol just kidding man :D

It's just that so many of you are like 10000% sure that he's joining your team. There are other variables that could prevent it, but some laker (and bulls) fans don't listen

Vinylman
12-03-2011, 03:10 PM

Not saying you are wrong ...

But what is the basis of your OPINION

Have seen no media reports that indiciate you opinion is accurate

If you have one please share with us

LakersMaster24
12-03-2011, 03:12 PM
It's nice to see that some Laker fans get it... lol just kidding man :D

It's just that so many of you are like 10000% sure that he's joining your team. There are other variables that could prevent it, but some laker (and bulls) fans don't listen

I understand what you are saying, but you cant really blame em man. So many rumors and speculations are surrounding the Howard Lakers thing. I do admit that some people expect to trade freaking Walton for Howard or some ****, and that is pretty pathetic. However, the trade surrounding Byum and Odom for Howard or something around that area, is possible. It is not for sure, but its not some bs either.

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 03:20 PM

Actually he is a better option for a rebuilding team...He gets injured you lose more games... He gets injured you cut him.. yeah he will stay with? your not sure about that..what if a team overpays for brook and offer him lets say 16 mil up coz you see him as a pretty good player... I dont think the magic would pay that much for him...

And again what young players are you talking about? the 2 mid to late 1st rounders again..?

Also I think you traded away your pick this year for Deron which means the 2 pick you could offer the magic is 2013 and 2015 and that is not including the protected pick of the rockets... Same goes for LA since they traded their own pick to the nets...

when you look at it...If any of those 2 teams land Dwight then the pick will depend on the record for next season and not this season..meaning it will surely end up as a late 1st rounder for both teams since they will have 1 full season of D12.. next is the 2015 draft pick which the record will depend on after 4 seasons including this one...so those 2 picks are probably high as well.. The only difference I see is the rockets pick but as of know that pick is top 14 protected for the next 4 years.. So it really depends on who the Magic FO like...Brook or Drew...plus if they can LA can land more picks or young players for LO they can increase their offer..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 03:22 PM
ur delusional, like all laker fans, watvr its going to be fun reading ur *****ing and moaning when that offer gets rejected.

seems like you know so much but have you read all the news that include bynum and dwight swap?

I bet you havent.

beliges
12-03-2011, 03:26 PM

WEll lets see. Playing with Kobe will guarantee Dwight at least ONE title in the next few years, if not more. Then, when Kobe retires after a few years, Dwight will be the cornerstone to the greatest franchise in NBA history for the remainder of his contract. Hmmmm..ya i wonder why he would want to play with an "old" Kobe. Can you imagine Kobe, Pau and Dwight for the next 3 seasons? They would be favorites to win it all each year. Send Kobe out with another back to back and then take over the house Kobe built for the remainder of your career. Sounds like a pretty damn good deal.

5ass
12-03-2011, 03:26 PM
^rumors are not news, theyre just a sad excuse for reporters to keep their job.

Vinylman
12-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Actually he is a better option for a rebuilding team...He gets injured you lose more games... He gets injured you cut him.. yeah he will stay with? your not sure about that..what if a team overpays for brook and offer him lets say 16 mil up coz you see him as a pretty good player... I dont think the magic would pay that much for him...

And again what young players are you talking about? the 2 mid to late 1st rounders again..?

Also I think you traded away your pick this year for Deron which means the 2 pick you could offer the magic is 2013 and 2015 and that is not including the protected pick of the rockets... Same goes for LA since they traded their own pick to the nets...

when you look at it...If any of those 2 teams land Dwight then the pick will depend on the record for next season and not this season..meaning it will surely end up as a late 1st rounder for both teams since they will have 1 full season of D12.. next is the 2015 draft pick which the record will depend on after 4 seasons including this one...so those 2 picks are probably high as well.. The only difference I see is the rockets pick but as of know that pick is top 14 protected for the next 4 years.. So it really depends on who the Magic FO like...Brook or Drew...plus if they can LA can land more picks or young players for LO they can increase their offer..

your analysis on the picks is wrong... Nets can offer their 2012 first rounder plus they have a lottery protected pick from Houston for 2012... There trading of last years pick has no bearing on the rule that you can't trade two #1's in consecutive years. Your analysis of where the pick will be in the draft might have some merit but it is not a big concern in the 2012 draft which is super deep.

Vinylman
12-03-2011, 03:30 PM
deleted double post

beliges
12-03-2011, 03:30 PM

I dont think the Lakers NEED Howard, but if you have a chance to get him and pretty much guarantee yourself a few more titles before Kobe retires, you pull the trigger. It also helps that you have the best young big man in the game outside of Howard to trade for him, which makes the liklihood of Howard coming to the Lakers IF he is to be traded, very very high. The swap would help both teams. Orlando will get a very good young 7 footer to replace their Center and the Lakers will get that young athletic player they so desperately needed.

beliges
12-03-2011, 03:32 PM
^rumors are not news, theyre just a sad excuse for reporters to keep their job.

Rumors are always based on some truth and it has been well documented that Howard will most likely leave Orlando next season when he is a free agent. Every prospective trade is a rumor until it actually happens, which then becomes news. Obviously theres nothing imminent but it seems as though every person is reporting the same exact story that according to all of their sources, Howard will be traded to the Lakers. Who knows. Personally I dont think Orlando will trade Howard this season. But if they do, it seems that the Lakers are the logical destination for him.

Chacarron
12-03-2011, 03:33 PM
The only reason people are getting mad and *****ing at Lakers fans is because they know there is a great chance Dwight will come to the Lakers but they don't want to admit it. All I have to say is that we should just wait and see, BUT Dwight will be traded for Bynum. :p

NYKSpiritBomb
12-03-2011, 03:39 PM
i hope he goes to the lakers, playoffs are gunna be sick this year

AI4MVP
12-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Bynum is probably the best thing they can get for Howard. Hes very good

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 03:44 PM

he needs to break out of pau's and kobe's shadows.

he's basically a 3rd or 4th option in LA's offense.

3mikee_
12-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Oh man.. this makes me so happy as a Kobe fan.. hopefully if they get Dwight in LA he can help Kobe win another ring or two

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 03:46 PM
The only reason people are getting mad and *****ing at Lakers fans is because they know there is a great chance Dwight will come to the Lakers but they don't want to admit it. All I have to say is that we should just wait and see, BUT Dwight will be traded for Bynum. :p

:nod:

OA SLAY
12-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Some of u guys are nuts! With a potential lineup of BDiddy, Kobe, Artest Pau and Dwight for the next couple years and noone to contend in the west, why would he wanna go anywhere else? First he steals the superman tag n now gonna carry Kobe to some more titles...

Muttman73
12-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Thought he was taking the Vet minimum and signing with Miami

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 03:51 PM
your analysis on the picks is wrong... Nets can offer their 2012 first rounder plus they have a lottery protected pick from Houston for 2012... There trading of last years pick has no bearing on the rule that you can't trade two #1's in consecutive years. Your analysis of where the pick will be in the draft might have some merit but it is not a big concern in the 2012 draft which is super deep.

I think I mentioned already the rockets pick which is top 14 protected until 2015 in the post you quoted above...so if rockets end up in the lotto pick will not be given to nets anyway...

so let me get this straight since you are good in trading picks.. Since both LA and Nets traded away their pick this year are they still allowed to trade the 2012 pick? coz i thought you are not allowed to trade 2 1st rounders in consecutive years...? and how come?

beliges
12-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Oh man.. this makes me so happy as a Kobe fan.. hopefully if they get Dwight in LA he can help Kobe win another ring or two

Kobe will retire with another back to back. LOL. Wow, what an ideal way to finish out a career like that.

LakersMaster24
12-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Thought he was taking the Vet minimum and signing with Miami

Totally forgot about that...:ohno:

I heard Chris Paul is going to follow his foot steps as well.

5ass
12-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Rumors are always based on some truth and it has been well documented that Howard will most likely leave Orlando next season when he is a free agent. Every prospective trade is a rumor until it actually happens, which then becomes news. Obviously theres nothing imminent but it seems as though every person is reporting the same exact story that according to all of their sources, Howard will be traded to the Lakers. Who knows. Personally I dont think Orlando will trade Howard this season. But if they do, it seems that the Lakers are the logical destination for him.

lol if that was true lebron james would have been divided into 5 pieces, one going to the knicks, one to the nets, one to the bulls, and one to the heat and one in cleveland.
and its only logical for the lakers, there are much better trades orl can get for arguably the best player in the game, this is the part that most laker fans miss.

Vinylman
12-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I think I mentioned already the rockets pick which is top 14 protected until 2015 in the post you quoted above...so if rockets end up in the lotto pick will not be given to nets anyway...

so let me get this straight since you are good in trading picks.. Since both LA and Nets traded away their pick this year are they still allowed to trade the 2012 pick? coz i thought you are not allowed to trade 2 1st rounders in consecutive years...? and how come?

the rule is about 2 consecutive FUTURE picks... so the answer is yes... they both can do it

As for the Houston pick... i don't know if they will end up in top 14 or not. At the same time Houston who is trying to rebuild has a major problem with that pick they traded... unless they renegotiate that pick they can't trade another #1 until 2016 because the pick the nets have just continues to roll as a first round pick thus triggering the two consecutive years approach...

Again, i would assume the Nets would offer the following if they truely want him

Lopez
2012 / 2014 #1
2012 Lottery Protected #1 from Houston
Take on Turkeyglues or Arenas's contract

all of that for just howard

WadeKobe
12-03-2011, 04:07 PM

Blake and Dwight are anything except a terrible fit. They'd pretty much thrash the West for some time.

DitchDat
12-03-2011, 04:08 PM
There's one scenario that I haven't seen discussed:

Why don't the Magic go after CP3 full-steam?? Don't they have some pieces?

If they don't want to lose him, they will have to get him another star.

D Blue987
12-03-2011, 04:10 PM

You mean Orlando fans dont want Bynum. Unfortunately your F.O. will take him or get stuck with absolutely nothing next off season. If Howard doesnt want to be anywhere other than LA or NJ , then you can forget about any of the other offers because no team will trade for him if he doesnt want to sign an extension with their franchise. If he wants to play in LAL then sorry that is where he will wind up. Andrew Bynum is not a horrible player so everyone needs to stop whining about his talent. He isnt Howard though and understandably ORL fans wont like him initially. Whether you like it or not though ORL fans, Dwight is as good as gone. If not by the beginning of this season, then for sure next off season. ORL F.O. just doesnt have too many choices at this point. Personally they should have traded him last year or the year before because that would have opened up many more options for them to trade him to other teams despite where ever he wanted to play. They over played their hand and are now going to have to accept whatever decent offer comes at them from one of the teams that he wants to play for. If he says LAL then thats where he will be, you watch.

beliges
12-03-2011, 04:12 PM
lol if that was true lebron james would have been divided into 5 pieces, one going to the knicks, one to the nets, one to the bulls, and one to the heat and one in cleveland.
and its only logical for the lakers, there are much better trades orl can get for arguably the best player in the game, this is the part that most laker fans miss.

Ya, they can get maybe Lebron, or D Will, or Rose but the fact remains those players will NOT be offered for Dwight. No team is gonna give up a top 7-8 player for Dwight. I mean NY can offer Melo and Amare, but its not gonna happen. Look the fact remains no other team has a young big man as good as Bynum. No other team can offer as good of a 7 footer as Bynum. Theres just nobody that has that piece. The Lakers do. Couple that in with the fact that teh Lakers are in the West and Dwight has made it known he would welcome the opportunity to play in LA and this deal seems very plausible. It seems people really really dont want Dwight to go to LA and are making it seem as though other teams can offer more than Bynum. No team is offering a player like Bynum.

Furthermore as far as the Lebron rumors go, there were numerous rumors that he would go to Miami. It was either NY, Miami and CHI. And guess what? Hes in Miami now. It seems that the rumors were true afterall.

Vinylman
12-03-2011, 04:14 PM

I really do feel sorry for you as an Orlando fan... its obvious D12 is gone... the reality is Orlando fans don't want to acknowledge why...

1. Otis Smith is and incompetent GM... with all due respect there is no way a 5 year old would have taken Arenas in a deal.

2. SVG is a great X's and O's guy but he is probably one of the worse motivators in the game not to mention his whiney and berating personality rubs players the wrong way.

Will D12 end up in LA? It's all just speculation at this point... one things for sure... he is done in Orlando...

get the best deal you can NOW because the offers will only go down.

Hellcrooner
12-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Ya, they can get maybe Lebron, or D Will, or Rose but the fact remains those players will NOT be offered for Dwight. No team is gonna give up a top 7-8 player for Dwight. I mean NY can offer Melo and Amare, but its not gonna happen. Look the fact remains no other team has a young big man as good as Bynum. No other team can offer as good of a 7 footer as Bynum. Theres just nobody that has that piece. The Lakers do. Couple that in with the fact that teh Lakers are in the West and Dwight has made it known he would welcome the opportunity to play in LA and this deal seems very plausible. It seems people really really dont want Dwight to go to LA and are making it seem as though other teams can offer more than Bynum. No team is offering a player like Bynum.

Furthermore as far as the Lebron rumors go, there were numerous rumors that he would go to Miami. It was either NY, Miami and CHI. And guess what? Hes in Miami now. It seems that the rumors were true afterall.

lebron to miami rumors didnt start until 15 days before it happened, until that point it had all been bout NY/CHI/NJ/LAC

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 04:17 PM
the rule is about 2 consecutive FUTURE picks... so the answer is yes... they both can do it

As for the Houston pick... i don't know if they will end up in top 14 or not. At the same time Houston who is trying to rebuild has a major problem with that pick they traded... unless they renegotiate that pick they can't trade another #1 until 2016 because the pick the nets have just continues to roll as a first round pick thus triggering the two consecutive years approach...

Again, i would assume the Nets would offer the following if they truely want him

Lopez
2012 / 2014 #1
2012 Lottery Protected #1 from Houston
Take on Turkeyglues or Arenas's contract

all of that for just howard

in 1 trade you mean?

so for example:
I do 2 trades
first trade player x for 2011 1st

then next trade Player y for 2012 1st...

is that possible?

since Lakers trade 2008 and 2010 for gasol
the traded 2011 and sasha... seems to me 2010 and 2011 are consecutive years...

As for Houston Im guessing they end up in the playoffs this year but probably 6-8 seed so I guess that pick will be conveyed to the nets and will end up between 18-22...just my hunch...meaning mid 1st...

Vinylman
12-03-2011, 04:18 PM
There's one scenario that I haven't seen discussed:

Why don't the Magic go after CP3 full-steam?? Don't they have some pieces?

If they don't want to lose him, they will have to get him another star.

2 problems

1. Orlando has absolutely nothing to offer... who would you take?

2. The NBA basically owns NO so the deal would have to reduce the debt load for NO to get the league to approve. None of the Orlando assets can accomplish that.

The only possible way it could happen (and i mean like 2%) is if they could find someone to take on Okafor's ridiculous contract in a three way trade.

5ass
12-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I really do feel sorry for you as an Orlando fan... its obvious D12 is gone... the reality is Orlando fans don't want to acknowledge why...

1. Otis Smith is and incompetent GM... with all due respect there is no way a 5 year old would have taken Arenas in a deal.

2. SVG is a great X's and O's guy but he is probably one of the worse motivators in the game not to mention his whiney and berating personality rubs players the wrong way.

Will D12 end up in LA? It's all just speculation at this point... one things for sure... he is done in Orlando...

get the best deal you can NOW because the offers will only go down.
hahaha maybe u should learn to read smart ***, i was telling him there are better trade packages out there than LA and ur telling me im dont acknowledge the great possibility of dwight leaving orl? before u post a "i know exactly how blinded u are" post learn to read better. I know oatis did some dumb moves, i know about SVG more than u, and i realize howard will probably walk.

Vinylman
12-03-2011, 04:23 PM
in 1 trade you mean?

so for example:
I do 2 trades
first trade player x for 2011 1st

then next trade Player y for 2012 1st...

is that possible?

since Lakers trade 2008 and 2010 for gasol
the traded 2011 and sasha... seems to me 2010 and 2011 are consecutive years...

As for Houston Im guessing they end up in the playoffs this year but probably 6-8 seed so I guess that pick will be conveyed to the nets and will end up between 18-22...just my hunch...meaning mid 1st...

I am kinda confused on what you are asking because i think you answered your own question... but here goes

the Lakers traded 08/10 for Gasol as you said... then AFTER the 2010 draft they traded Sasha and a #1 (2011). That is not two consecutive #1s because the draft for 2010 had already occured.

The number of trades is irrelevant. All that matter is that it can't be consecutive #1s in FUTURE drafts.

what the lakers did is exactly what the nets would be doing thus not triggering the consecutive year clause.

beliges
12-03-2011, 04:24 PM
lebron to miami rumors didnt start until 15 days before it happened, until that point it had all been bout NY/CHI/NJ/LAC

Clippers and NJ were always long shots, just as the rumors stated. And Lebron to Miami didnt happen until a few weeks before he decided to go there but the point is there were a lot of Miami rumors going on before he made that decision. Im sure he also considered going to NY/CHI otherwise those rumors would not have lasted that long. There is always some truth to rumors, especially rumors that have been circulating for a while now. I have no doubt in my mind that if Dwight is going to be traded, he will get traded to the Lakers. If for nothing else, it seems the Lakers will offer Orlando the most out of any other team. It makes sense.

5ass
12-03-2011, 04:30 PM

OKC and Clippers are just 2 of the teams that can offer better packages, u just dont realize it.
Lebron might be in miami, but that was an obvious possibility for him. He was rumored to go to other teams like the nets,bulls, and knicks as well. That is the diff. between news and rumors, rumors are not a sure thing most of the time, get it?

marj987
12-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Oh my that would be just totally idiotic, not only is Bynum suspended the first couple of games, who else do they have to give up for Dwight?

SoCalKid
12-03-2011, 04:33 PM

The Nets are willing to give up a top 5 center and two 1st round picks for the chance of maybe getting Dwight to stay... your ****ing crazy! Dwight will be a Laker by Dec 16th!!! I'm just hoping we get him for Bynum straight up and not LO thrown in!

SoCalKid
12-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Oh my that would be just totally idiotic, not only is Bynum suspended the first couple of games, who else do they have to give up for Dwight?

Welcome to the life of an NBA executive... Orlando doesn't have a choice! Dwight decides where he wants to go because he has to agree to an extension before the trade is completed. If he doesn't like the team he just says I won't sign the extension. So Orlando can either take a young top 5 center from the Lakers, or hold onto him for a year... pay his 19 million dollar salary... and get nothing for him next year when he leaves via FA.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 04:40 PM
The Nets are willing to give up a top 5 center and two 1st round picks for the chance of maybe getting Dwight to stay... your ****ing crazy! Dwight will be a Laker by Dec 16th!!! I'm just hoping we get him for Bynum straight up and not LO thrown in!

They already did it with Deron. They are convinced that getting Dwight convinces Deron to stay and playing with Deron entices Dwight to commit.

It could backfire in their faces thou, your right.

Anilyzer
12-03-2011, 04:41 PM

Kobe got 5 rings. U can't front on that. Nobody can.

I could go on, obviously.

Vinylman
12-03-2011, 04:45 PM
hahaha maybe u should learn to read smart ***, i was telling him there are better trade packages out there than LA and ur telling me im dont acknowledge the great possibility of dwight leaving orl? before u post a "i know exactly how blinded u are" post learn to read better. I know oatis did some dumb moves, i know about SVG more than u, and i realize howard will probably walk.

you are the same homer who posted earlier that the Magic DONT WANT BYNUM... i asked you for a source... you haven't posted one...

again, its all sour grapes toward laker fans as you will probably lose another HOF center to the lakers...

Again, blame your inept managment for the situation...

As for better offers... fill us in on some of these great offers you have heard about...

You state alot of your opinions like they are facts and they just are not...

beliges
12-03-2011, 04:47 PM
OKC and Clippers are just 2 of the teams that can offer better packages, u just dont realize it.
Lebron might be in miami, but that was an obvious possibility for him. He was rumored to go to other teams like the nets,bulls, and knicks as well. That is the diff. between news and rumors, rumors are not a sure thing most of the time, get it?

Who can the CLippers offer? You know theyre not offering Blake so that pretty much gurantees they cannot offer anybody as good as Bynum.

As far as OKC goes, theyre not gonna offer Durant and I guess they can offer up Westbrook, and a few more of their younger guys but that leaves Orlando without a big man. The reason Bynum is such a good deal is because he is one of the top centers in the game and he is still very young and you can build a team around him. I agree though, OKC can offer a few of their good young players building a package around Westbrook but Im not sure they are willing to do that.

Vinylman
12-03-2011, 04:50 PM
They already did it with Deron. They are convinced that getting Dwight convinces Deron to stay and playing with Deron entices Dwight to commit.

It could backfire in their faces thou, your right.

This was discussed earlier in the week in a different thread and i totally agree with you. The nets are the one team and i believe only team that would trade for D12 without getting him to sign an extension

It is a major risk, just like Dwil was but really they kinda have to throw in the kitchen sink at this point if they want a chance to keep Dwil

As a Laker fan this is the only REAL deal that concerns me.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Who can the CLippers offer? You know theyre not offering Blake so that pretty much gurantees they cannot offer anybody as good as Bynum.

As far as OKC goes, theyre not gonna offer Durant and I guess they can offer up Westbrook, and a few more of their younger guys but that leaves Orlando without a big man. The reason Bynum is such a good deal is because he is one of the top centers in the game and he is still very young and you can build a team around him. I agree though, OKC can offer a few of their good young players building a package around Westbrook but Im not sure they are willing to do that.

LOL Their Minny pick alone poops on Bynum

Lets not mention Gordon who is a great up and coming SG or DJordan who is an athletic big and very young that could blossom into a good C

I think Bynum is good.. he just cant stay healthy so he is too risky for a team like ORL that will soon go into a rebuild

TylerSL
12-03-2011, 05:15 PM
deleted

TylerSL
12-03-2011, 05:30 PM
If Howard does go to the Lakers (even tho I'm not a sure as some of you) dont expect it to be this year. Orlando holds all the cards whether he goes to the Lakers or not right now because Howard cant just say, "I will sign with the Lakers if you dont trade me there" because the Lakers dont have the cap. They cannot sign him in Free Agency, they have to trade for him. They do have pieces to trade for him, but I expect Orlando to, instead, try to bring somebody like CP3 or D-Will to Howard if the can. If they cant, then Howard does leave, and they try to get the best deal possible. However, in the case of its after the season and he wants to leave, Howard holds the cards. He could say "I'm leaving, I will do a S&T to get the 5th year, but will only do it for a team I want to go to". So they could get the best deal they can from Lakers or let him walk (and not go to the Lakers) but get nothing out of him. In that scenario, I dont see how he doesnt go to the Lakers. But dont expect to see him in Los Angeles during the 2011-2012 season.

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2011, 05:33 PM
I wish they would just get this trade over and done with already!

beliges
12-03-2011, 05:36 PM
If Howard does go to the Lakers (even tho I'm not a sure as some of you) dont expect it to be this year. Orlando holds all the cards whether he goes to the Lakers or not right now because Howard cant just say, "I will sign with the Lakers if you dont trade me there" because the Lakers dont have the cap. They cannot sign him in Free Agency, they have to trade for him. They do have pieces to trade for him, but I expect Orlando to, instead, try to bring somebody like CP3 or D-Will to Howard if the can. If they cant, then Howard does leave, and they try to get the best deal possible. However, in the case of its after the season and he wants to leave, Howard holds the cards. He could say "I'm leaving, I will do a S&T to get the 5th year, but will only do it for a team I want to go to". So they could get the best deal they can from LA or let him walk (not go to LA) but get nothing out of him. In that scenario, I dont see how he doesnt go to LA. But dont expect to see him in LA during the 2011-2012 season.

Problem with keeping Dwight for this year is that at the end of the season he is a FA and if he signs elsewhere, Orlando gets nothing for him. I guess they would get the cap space but Im willing to be Orlando would rather get a good young prospect and some draft picks for Dwight vs getting cap space in return. But Im with you and I dont think Orlando trades him either. I think they try to build a winning team around him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 05:39 PM

so, what would be the best trade in your opinion that orlando could get?

Geargo Wallace
12-03-2011, 05:50 PM
hoopshype ftw!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 05:53 PM

what would they offer??? what???

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 06:04 PM
what would they offer??? what???

Agree, I love how the naysayers claim that other teams besides the Lakers can offer better packages, but they never back up their claims. Kinda funny and nonsensical.

JordansBulls
12-03-2011, 06:15 PM
If the Lakers really want Dwight all they have to do is offer Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol and that is better than any other package out there including the Bulls. However if the package is Gasol/Odom or Bynum/Odom the Bulls have a better package in Noah/Deng.

The Lakers could offer Bynum/Gasol and Odom for Dwight and Hedo and the only other one that is close is Noah/Boozer and Deng for Dwight and Hedo.

last stand
12-03-2011, 06:25 PM
If the Lakers really want Dwight all they have to do is offer Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol and that is better than any other package out there including the Bulls. However if the package is Gasol/Odom or Bynum/Odom the Bulls have a better package in Noah/Deng.

The Lakers could offer Bynum/Gasol and Odom for Dwight and Hedo and the only other one that is close is Noah/Boozer and Deng for Dwight and Hedo.

bynum/odom>>>>>noah/deng

why? because bynum has shown potential to be a 20ppg 10rpg player. in fact he has averaged those numbers when pau gasol is not in the line-up. noah does not have that potential and he's 2 years older

also noah is not a franchise player in the least, and deng is also just a role player. bynum has franchise potential. yes he gets hurt but his contract is so friendly that if the magic aren't satisfied they can not pick up the team option and let him go. if they like him they can keep him.

also the bulls are in the east which takes them out of the running

lakerboy
12-03-2011, 06:28 PM

Dominate for the next 10 years? LMAO. None of those players ever dominated. Only two of those went to the playoffs last year, and Deron gets his *** kicked in the playoffs year after year. Bynum, on the other hand, already has 2 championship rings. Guys like CP3, Deron, Rose and Blake will be lucky to even get 1 championship ring.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 06:28 PM

lakers package is better than noah and deng

JordansBulls
12-03-2011, 06:33 PM
bynum/odom>>>>>noah/deng

why? because bynum has shown potential to be a 20ppg 10rpg player. in fact he has averaged those numbers when pau gasol is not in the line-up. noah does not have that potential and he's 2 years older

also noah is not a franchise player in the least, and deng is also just a role player. bynum has franchise potential. yes he gets hurt but his contract is so friendly that if the magic aren't satisfied they can not pick up the team option and let him go. if they like him they can keep him.

also the bulls are in the east which takes them out of the running

I wouldn't trade for Bynum at all until he shows he can play 75+ games. Dude misses 30 games yearly.

Wade>You
12-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I'll be the first to start the "LOL Rose couldn't do it himself thread" when Howard gets traded to Chicago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-roselebron011611

last stand
12-03-2011, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't trade for Bynum at all until he shows he can play 75+ games. Dude misses 30 games yearly.

so accepting role players from the same conference makes more sense than a potentially all star center with an extremely favorable contract

ok sounds logical

Bruno
12-03-2011, 06:54 PM

Well, define better JB.

It all depends on the intentions of the ORL ownership doesn't it? do they wana rebuild and be under the cap or do they want to contend? (id argue they could contend just as well with odom/bynum as they could noah/deng but that's not my main point here)--- Bynum and Odom both have expiring contacts in 2013. that's 24 million plus coming off orlandos books as early as the end of this years playoffs. you combine that with the likleyhood that LA takes on arenas or turk and thats 34 or 44 million dollars in cap space for Orlando, as soon as next season.

the FA class in 2013 is lookin' pretty decent.

plus, Noah has also missed a lot of games in the past two seasons with injuries, and Boozer is 30, just a bit younger than Odom. if you check the stats from last season, Bynum and Odom were superior to Noah/Boozer. I think talent wise, it's pretty equal. but in regards to most appealing contractually its LAL and its not even close. LALs package offers orlando a lot more flexibility. both noah and boozer are signed for years with no team options.

JordansBulls
12-03-2011, 06:54 PM
so accepting role players from the same conference makes more sense than a potentially all star center with an extremely favorable contract

ok sounds logical

Noah and Deng are both starters and both will be 26 this year. Bynum is 24 and is hurt every year, he could very well be the next Sam Bowie with all the injuries he has had so young and Odom is 32. That is not an enticing package by any means.

JordansBulls
12-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Well, define better JB.

It all depends on the intentions of the ORL ownership doesn't it? do they wana rebuild and be under the cap or do they want to contend? Bynum and Odom both have expiring contacts in 2013. that's 24 million plus coming off orlandos books as early as the end of this years playoffs. you combine that with the likleyhood that LA takes on arenas or turk and thats 34 or 44 million dollars in cap space for Orlando, as soon as next season.

the FA class in 2013 is lookin' pretty decent.

plus, Noah has also missed a lot of games in the past two seasons with injuries, and Boozer is 30, just a bit younger than Odom. if you check the stats from last season, Bynum and Odom were superior to Noah/Boozer. I think talent wise, it's pretty equal. but in regards to most appealing contractually its LAL and its not even close. LALs package offers orlando a lot more flexibility.

But again, if Orlando just want expiring contracts then they might as well just keep Dwight, why the hell would they trade for Bynum and Odom for their contracts to expire.
Also I'm not mentioning Boozer, I'm mentioning Noah and Deng who are both 26.

MTar786
12-03-2011, 07:02 PM
dwight hedo(trash contract) and nelson
for
odom, bynum, walton (who will retire and save orlndo 5.5m instantly), blake, 2 first picks and cash
:)

note: the lakers will inflate bynums stats when he returns from the 5 game suspension. he will average 20 and 10 for the first 10-14 games and then this trade will go down

lakers will amnesty artest and sign battier.
this is all my vision. I have less faith in signing battier. but im sure we will get d12.. on some type of trade

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:03 PM
But again, if Orlando just want expiring contracts then they might as well just keep Dwight, why the hell would they trade for Bynum and Odom for their contracts to expire.

because one way they lose dwight for nothing, the other way they bring in a 24 year old center on a trial run who they can let go of if it doesn't work out

JordansBulls
12-03-2011, 07:05 PM
because one way they lose dwight for nothing, the other way they bring in a 24 year old center on a trial run who they can let go of if it doesn't work out

If I am Orlando I don't trade him to the Lakers, they already got Shaq from the Magic, no way in hell I give them my next best guy as well.

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Noah and Deng are both starters and both will be 26 this year. Bynum is 24 and is hurt every year, he could very well be the next Sam Bowie with all the injuries he has had so young and Odom is 32. That is not an enticing package by any means.

you act like noah and deng are iron men. both have missed significant time themselves. in fact noah was considered injury prone before last season.

not to mention bynum and odom are starters as well. and bynum was healthy this year. his surgery was during the offseason and then he came back and was healthy.

the package is extremely enticing as much as you seem to want to ignore it. 24 year old center on a trial run, easy contract in lamar who can be traded to almost anyone. and they are in the west

dwight will not go into the east especially for a group of less talented players nonetheless

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:08 PM
If I am Orlando I don't trade him to the Lakers, they already got Shaq from the Magic, no way in hell I give them my next best guy as well.

now we ignore the best and safest deal on the table because of something shaq did almost 15 years ago

because making decisions based on the decisions of a completely different front office makes sense

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 07:09 PM

bynum is the future dude, he's got 2 years left in his contract...2nd year is TO.

so its basically a low risk for Magic, if Bynum is healthy the whole year then they wont terminate the last year, but if something goes terribly wrong they can say goodbye to bynum.

Bruno

Not at all dude. It makes perfect sense, check out these numbers:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

Sure, they could keep Dwight and let him walk as a free agent, allowing his 17-19 million to come off the books. But then, they're still stuck with Turks horrible contract, and theyre still stuck with Gils horrible contract (30 million plus combined). whats the point of letting your star walk if your team is still filled with bloated contracts? Trading Howard is their only way to also unload Gils or Turks contract. In a trade with Los Angeles not only do they bring in 24 million dollars worth of expiring contracts (Bynum+Odom), but they can unload Turks. That's a net 34 million dollars in cap space as soon as the end of this years playoffs. We're not just talking about letting Howard walk and saving 17-19 million, were talkin about getting rid of turk in the process and clearing 35 million dollars. thats major money man, and it's nearly half of their current payroll.

oh, I thought you mentioned Boozer in your previous post. my mistake.

Deng is good. he's a great wing defender. But do you honestly think he's worth 14.3 million dollars in 2014? He's over paid man.

change your avatar! lol

JordansBulls
now we ignore the best and safest deal on the table because of something shaq did almost 15 years ago

because making decisions based on the decisions of a completely different front office makes sense

How is it the safest deal when they are getting an injury prone center and 32 year old PF in Odom that comes off the bench?

MTar786
yeah, noah was even injured last season AND deng is known to be a disappearing act. you dont know what ur gonna get from him till the first quarter of the season. Bynum has a much higher ceiling than either of them too.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 07:10 PM

u think they will trade him to the bulls? kidding right?

They will ship him to the west coast period.

JordansBulls
12-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Not at all dude. It makes perfect sense, check out these numbers:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

Sure, they could keep Dwight and let him walk as a free agent, allowing his 17-19 million to come off the books. But then, they're still stuck with Turks horrible contract, and theyre still stuck with Gils horrible contract (30 million plus combined). Trading Howard is their only way to also unload Gils or Turks contract. In a trade with Los Angeles not only do they bring in 24 million dollars worth of expiring contracts (Bynum+Odom), but they can unload Turks. That's a net 34 million dollars in cap space as soon as the end of this years playoffs. We're not just talking about letting Howard walk and saving 17-19 million, were talkin about getting rid of turk in the process and clearing 35 million dollars. thats major money man, and it's nearly half of their current payroll.

oh, I thought you mentioned Boozer in your previous post. my mistake.

Deng is good. he's a great wing defender. But do you honestly think he's worth 14.3 million dollars in 2014? He's over paid man.

change your avatar! lol

Yeah but they can trade Dwight, Hedo and Arenas to Chicago for Noah, Boozer and Deng and then that pairs up Dwight who is 26 with Rose for the next 10 years.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 07:13 PM
How is it the safest deal when they are getting an injury prone center and 32 year old PF in Odom that comes off the bench?

I'll say it again, its safe cuz of bynum's contract

Bruno

no smart GM would allow a 15 year old gruge to prevent them from making the best available deal to them in the present.

last stand

because odom will be taken by any contending team in a trade. so odom you can expect would be gone by midseason.

bynum is on a 1 year deal with a team option. thats as safe as it gets. end of discussion. the lakers would take on hedo turkoglu and essentially if bynum doesn't work out they have 25 mil in money off the books.

if bynum succeeds they have a 24 year old star 7 foot center

low risk extremely high reward. about as safe as it gets.

last stand
Yeah but they can trade Dwight, Hedo and Arenas to Chicago for Noah, Boozer and Deng and then that pairs up Dwight who is 26 with Rose for the next 10 years.

lol and sticks orlando with a bunch of terrible contracts that do nothing for them

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:15 PM
i can honestly say the thunder and clippers have twice the chance of landing howard as chicago does.

i would put chicago behind new jersey and equal with dallas

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 07:15 PM

why would they want them?

Noah cant be 1st option like bynum.
Boozer lol...is lazy and nobody wants him to be honest.
Deng is a good player but horribly overpayed.

3 role players cant get you D12

JordansBulls
12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
no smart GM would allow a 15 year old gruge to prevent them from making the best available deal to them in the present.

Sure they would because they wouldn't want that trend to continue. But anyway neither of us is going to budge as we both want Dwight and want to believe our package is better so that Dwight gets traded to our team.:)

Bruno
12-03-2011, 07:23 PM

I think you overestimate how appealing this potential roster is:
Noah
Boozer
Deng
J-Rich
Nelson.

That's roster will result in an Atlanta Hawk type purgatory, good enough to a be perennial playoff team, never good enough to challenge the serious eastern powers like Miami or Chicago. Do you think Orlando would trade Dwight to Chicago, knowing they'd be knocked out by Chicago every post season?

Plus, what about contracts man? The new luxury tax is steep. No way does Orlando go into the red in order to pay for a team that has zero shot at a ring. If smith did that he'd deserve to get fired, as if he doesn't already.

So its pretty much this.

1) pay for a bloated roster that has zero chance at a ring, which will also push them into the tax by taking the bulls package.

2) take LALs deal. which could cut 35 million dollars at the start of next season (and still allow them to go just as far as they could with chicagos package in regards to making the playoffs if they decide to not cut). even if they don't exercise team options on Odom and Bynum next season, their contracts are still up before noahs and dengs. flexibility favors the lakers package here in spades.

And even if Orlando was crazy enough to take chicagos deal of noah-boozer-deng, LAL still trumps it with the Gasol card.

Bruno
12-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Sure they would because they wouldn't want that trend to continue. But anyway neither of us is going to budge as we both want Dwight and want to believe our package is better so that Dwight gets traded to our team.:)

JB, if you're running a multi-million dollar franchise, you don't let petty squabbles fromt he 90's get in the way of making the best deal now. this dwight/shaq comparison will be completely irreverent when it comes time to making a decision.

i know. but im right ;) :cheers:

LAKERMANIA
12-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Noah
Boozer
Deng
J-Rich
Nelson.

That's roster will result in an Atlanta Hawk type purgatory, good enough to a be perennial playoff team, never good enough to challenge the serious eastern powers like Miami or Chicago. Do you think Orlando would trade Dwight to Chicago, knowing they'd be knocked out by Chicago every post season?

Plus, what about contracts man? The new luxury tax is steep. No way does Orlando go into the red in order to pay for a team that has zero shot at a ring. If smith did that he'd deserve to get fired, as if he doesn't already.

So its pretty much this.

1) pay for a bloated roster that has zero chance at a ring, which will also push them into the tax by taking the bulls package.

2) take LALs deal. which could cut 35 million dollars at the start of next season (and still allow them to go just as far as they could with chicagos package in regards to making the playoffs if they decide to not cut). even if they don't exercise team options on Odom and Bynum next season, their contracts are still up before noahs and dengs. flexibility favors the lakers package here in spades.

And even if Orlando was crazy enough to take chicagos deal of noah-boozer-deng, LAL still trumps it with the Gasol card.
Yeah if you really go into it and analyze it, the Lakers have the best pieces for Orlando, if Dwight does get traded he goes to the Lakers, it's a no-brainer at this point..

RIPSweetness34
12-03-2011, 07:30 PM
It's called titles.

That's spelled TITLES.

TITLES

Exactly, he can pair up with an aging Kobe that maybe has 2 good years left in the tank or he can dominate with one of those other guys and do it for half a decade. LMAO at all you Laker fans who think Otis Smith is going to lose the second best big man in the last two decades to the Lake show AGAIN! East or West does not matter nearly as much as who is offering the best package.

RIPSweetness34
12-03-2011, 07:31 PM
you act like noah and deng are iron men. both have missed significant time themselves. in fact noah was considered injury prone before last season.

not to mention bynum and odom are starters as well. and bynum was healthy this year. his surgery was during the offseason and then he came back and was healthy.

the package is extremely enticing as much as you seem to want to ignore it. 24 year old center on a trial run, easy contract in lamar who can be traded to almost anyone. and they are in the west

dwight will not go into the east especially for a group of less talented players nonetheless

Look at Noah and Deng's injuries compared to Bynums. Bynums knees are good for 3 more years and he is done. Not to mention Bulls can give better picks and Gibson on top of that. Any package the Bulls put together will be better than the Lakers unless they are offering Gasol.

RIPSweetness34
12-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Noah
Boozer
Deng
J-Rich
Nelson.

So its pretty much this.

Exactly, and then what? They traded their best player for Cap room when they could have just let him go? Where as you can have a top 5 C and a top 10 SF as well as a young PF on a rookie contract with talent and picks? You are right, this is absolutely a no brainer. Deng/Noah/Taj/Mirotic Bobcats pick, builds for future and keeps you a playoff contender. Which is much better for ticket sales than going in the gutter to trade for a guy that won't play half of every season he is under contract.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Look at Noah and Deng's injuries compared to Bynums. Bynums knees are good for 3 more years and he is done. Not to mention Bulls can give better picks and Gibson on top of that. Any package the Bulls put together will be better than the Lakers unless they are offering Gasol.

so why any news report haven't talked about Dwight going to Bulls via trade?

RIPSweetness34
12-03-2011, 07:40 PM
why would they want them?

Noah cant be 1st option like bynum.
Boozer lol...is lazy and nobody wants him to be honest.
Deng is a good player but horribly overpayed.

3 role players cant get you D12

How has Bynum ever proved he could be a first option? And what good will that do when he will be out of the league in 3 years because his knees are garbage? You guys over value him so much it's rediculous. Bottom line, unless Gasol is in the package it's not even close, Bulls are a better trade for the future of Orlando, and for Dwight. Kobe is done.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Exactly, and then what? They traded their best player for Cap room when they could have just let him go? Where as you can have a top 5 C and a top 10 SF as well as a young PF on a rookie contract with talent and picks? You are right, this is absolutely a no brainer. Deng/Noah/Taj/Mirotic Bobcats pick, builds for future and keeps you a playoff contender. Which is much better for ticket sales than going in the gutter to trade for a guy that won't play half of every season he is under contract.

read Bruno's post...it will be like Atlanta over again.

you build your team to win a championship not for a 6-8 seed and early playoff exit.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 07:42 PM
How has Bynum ever proved he could be a first option? And what good will that do when he will be out of the league in 3 years because his knees are garbage? You guys over value him so much it's rediculous. Bottom line, unless Gasol is in the package it's not even close, Bulls are a better trade for the future of Orlando, and for Dwight. Kobe is done.

magic want bynum and thats it, you dont like it but its your problem.

LAKERMANIA
12-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Exactly, he can pair up with an aging Kobe that maybe has 2 good years left in the tank or he can dominate with one of those other guys and do it for half a decade. LMAO at all you Laker fans who think Otis Smith is going to lose the second best big man in the last two decades to the Lake show AGAIN! East or West does not matter nearly as much as who is offering the best package.

It is about who is offering the best package, but Dwight has come out and said that he will not sign an extension with a team he gets traded to that he doesn't think will win a championship, which makes teams who are offering trades to Orlando take their offers off the table... So it isnt all about who offers the best package, it's about that AND where Dwight wants to go..

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:55 PM

while bynum is a top 2 center, odom doesn't tie them up long term, neither does bynum

also chicago is in the east. they wont even be in the picture. if they trade him in the east it'll be to new jersey because they also offer a better player than noah and deng in lopez.

why would the magic want a bunch of role players who are nothing without rose. a bunch of guys who need a dribble penetrator to be successful.

makes total sense

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:57 PM

by averaging 20ppg and 10rpg when gasol is out of the line-up

also the bulls are a crippling trade. a bunch of long term contracts that are actually large contracts that essentially keep them in the luxury tax long term with no stars

the bulls have as bad if not a worse offer than the mavericks,

TheNumber37
12-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Lakers have the best trade assets, and Howard hates the cold weather and loves the spotlight. He'll be a Laker and Kobe will get his 6th ring, if only the trade goes down this season.

tbone2171
12-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Lol Wade and CP3

Dumb comments like this make the NBA forum not fun to read.

Odominator
12-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Dumb comments like this make the NBA forum not fun to read.

Then don't read.

RIPSweetness34
12-03-2011, 08:28 PM
so why any news report haven't talked about Dwight going to Bulls via trade?

Bulls already said in June they would make a move for Howard. Plus, our front office is notorious for keeping things cloak and dagger, that way if they fail there is not as much backlash.

RIPSweetness34
12-03-2011, 08:36 PM
read Bruno's post...it will be like Atlanta over again.

you build your team to win a championship not for a 6-8 seed and early playoff exit.

And how exactly would this help build their team by adding a player who won't be able to play? You guys are absolutley rediculous, we could give them 3 young parts 26 and younger plus Gibson, Mirotic, and a Bobcats pick. Tell me smart guy, how is that not building for the future? A Potential lottery pick, a young SG who would have been a top 10 pick if he wasn't under contract overseas the next 2 years, a top 9 SF, a top 5 C? You guys have your heads up your *** if you think that is putting yourself in pergatory compared to taking a C who can't finish more than half a season as the center piece, picks that won't mean ****, and bloaded contract in Odom. Yea, thats way better bro... :facepalm:

RIPSweetness34
12-03-2011, 08:37 PM
magic want bynum and thats it, you dont like it but its your problem.

Do you have a link that says this? Or did you get this from talking to Otis Smith on your bat phone?

last stand
12-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Do you have a link that says this? Or did you get this from talking to Otis Smith on your bat phone?

he made that up but i can promise you dwight wont be headed to an eastern team. and if he is it will be to the nets because their offer is 10 times the offer chicagos is.

chicagos offer is horrific. a bunch of role players with long term contracts that will keep them mediocre enough to get no high picks. no potential stars in that deal. i can honestly say the bulls deal is as bad as the mavs deal.

dwight will go west, and if by some unlikely scenario he is traded in the east it will be the nets 10 times out of 10 over the bulls

RIPSweetness34
12-03-2011, 08:44 PM
while bynum is a top 2 center, odom doesn't tie them up long term, neither does bynum

also chicago is in the east. they wont even be in the picture. if they trade him in the east it'll be to new jersey because they also offer a better player than noah and deng in lopez.

why would the magic want a bunch of role players who are nothing without rose. a bunch of guys who need a dribble penetrator to be successful.

makes total sense

Hahaha, this right here just proves you know nothing about basketball and are no longer worthy of arguing with. Why would the magic want a C who can't rebound and picks that won't be worth anything if Deron and Dwight team up. Also, Dengs career point and rebound average 17/6
Brook Lopez- 17/7

Ao if Deng is a role player what does that make Lopez? Than you throw in 2 double double machines in Gibson and Noah as well as Mirotic and the Bobcats pick. It's not even close dude, NJ's package is pathetic... Lopez is a horrible center who cant play defense, he can only score.

RIPSweetness34
12-03-2011, 08:51 PM
he made that up but i can promise you dwight wont be headed to an eastern team. and if he is it will be to the nets because their offer is 10 times the offer chicagos is.

chicagos offer is horrific. a bunch of role players with long term contracts that will keep them mediocre enough to get no high picks. no potential stars in that deal. i can honestly say the bulls deal is as bad as the mavs deal.

dwight will go west, and if by some unlikely scenario he is traded in the east it will be the nets 10 times out of 10 over the bulls

How many games did Chicago win last year with those players? Check out Luol Deng's career stats and Brook Lopez's. If Deng is a role player than so is Lopez, and the pieces to go with him are much better than ANYTHING NJ has to offer. I have already written it out 4 times. If the Bulls make the offer of Taj(Rookie Contract) Noah(Top 5 C) and Deng(3 years left on contract) was also the 2nd best player on a 62 win team last year, Mirotic (Rookie contract) Bobcats pick(Potential lottery pick). Whereas NJ is offering Lopez and 2 firsts that wont mean anything when they are a top 5 team. You are out of your ****ing mind and completely ******** if you think that is a better offer than the Bulls.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 08:52 PM

Bynum has been the 3rd option behind Bryant and Gasol for the last 3 yrs. Before the Gasol trade, he was a very good #2 option for half of the 07-08 season behind Bryant. He has #1 option potential, just look at his 07-08 stretch run before injury/acquisition of Gasol. He was dominating offensively and defensively and the Lakers were the #1 seed in the West before he went down.

Noah is a good young player but no where near even a #3 scoring option. He hasn't ever shown the offensively capabilities of carrying the scoring load on his shoulders. He's the #4 option behind Rose, Deng and Boozer and he still shows only #4 scoring potential.

And why do the Magic want a 30-yr old Gasol who will be entering his 11th season in the NBA? He's still very much in his prime, but he's not a #1 scoring option. Magic would be better served getting Bynum than Gasol in the long run.

Bruno
12-03-2011, 08:57 PM
And how exactly would this help build their team by adding a player who won't be able to play? You guys are absolutley rediculous, we could give them 3 young parts 26 and younger plus Gibson, Mirotic, and a Bobcats pick. Tell me smart guy, how is that not building for the future? A Potential lottery pick, a young SG who would have been a top 10 pick if he wasn't under contract overseas the next 2 years, a top 9 SF, a top 5 C? You guys have your heads up your *** if you think that is putting yourself in pergatory compared to taking a C who can't finish more than half a season as the center piece, picks that won't mean ****, and bloaded contract in Odom. Yea, thats way better bro... :facepalm:

it doesn't matter if he can't play. thats the point. he's an expiring contract. they can ditch him and odom and get rid of Hedo at the same time. Thats 35 million dollars in cap space. they're not going to waste money taking on those chicago contracts, or go into the red just to be perennial first or second round exits.

the only excuse to go into the red is if you're competing for championships. if you aren't you rebuild and don't stiff the tax. deng, boozer and noah all have massive contracts. boozer and deng are overpaid.

last stand
12-03-2011, 08:58 PM
How many games did Chicago win last year with those players? Check out Luol Deng's career stats and Brook Lopez's. If Deng is a role player than so is Lopez, and the pieces to go with him are much better than ANYTHING NJ has to offer. I have already written it out 4 times. If the Bulls make the offer of Taj(Rookie Contract) Noah(Top 5 C) and Deng(3 years left on contract) was also the 2nd best player on a 62 win team last year, Mirotic (Rookie contract) Bobcats pick(Potential lottery pick). Whereas NJ is offering Lopez and 2 firsts that wont mean anything when they are a top 5 team. You are out of your ****ing mind and completely ******** if you think that is a better offer than the Bulls.

lopez is 23 years old. a 7 footer who averaged 20ppg last season. they offer cap room and picks with a 23 year old 7 foot center

chicago bulls offer is crippling. like it or not its the truth.

lakers
clippers
nets
OKC

all offer much better deals. end of discussion. you can cry that i don't know what i'm talking about all you want but the truth is orlando would be better off letting dwight walk than accepting that ridiculous chicago deal that sticks them with a core of noah, deng, and gibson for the next 4 years with no hope of bringing in any stars

Dade County
12-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Hahaha, this right here just proves you know nothing about basketball and are no longer worthy of arguing with. Why would the magic want a C who can't rebound and picks that won't be worth anything if Deron and Dwight team up. Also, Dengs career point and rebound average 17/6
Brook Lopez- 17/7

Ao if Deng is a role player what does that make Lopez? Than you throw in 2 double double machines in Gibson and Noah as well as Mirotic and the Bobcats pick. It's not even close dude, NJ's package is pathetic... Lopez is a horrible center who cant play defense, he can only score.

You forgot to add rose in your trade scenario... Thank You!

Cal827
12-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Ok, basically ANYTHING offered for Dwight will trump the Bulls deal.. Boozer + Noah? Why don't you just ask Orlando to be Miami's welcome mat during their next few playoff runs? They would end up between 6-9th in the East consistently, getting their arse kicked each time until those contracts run out. And I thought the offers by Chicago for Bosh when he was a Raptor were bad :facepalm:

Some of the proposed Bulls/Laker deals out there on PSD, it's like asking Otis which cliff he wants to walk off of.

Cal827
12-03-2011, 09:04 PM
You forgot to add rose in your trade scenario... Thank You!

Yup, the only way I see Chicago get Howard is if Rose leaves. Howard is better than him, but he is the only one whose value is anywhere near Howard's

last stand
12-03-2011, 09:05 PM
i don't know whats worse. the mavs deal or the bulls deal. i mean at least the mavs deal nets you marion who maybe will retire after realizing he was sent to the magic.

other than that those 2 teams aren't even in the running

Dade County
12-03-2011, 09:07 PM

I missed this one... sorry

You keep forgetting to add rose in the trade... Thank You!

Dade County
12-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Yup, the only way I see Chicago get Howard is if Rose leaves. Howard is better than him, but he is the only one whose value is anywhere near Howard's

Every time time I see a bulls fan post.... and it has Noah, Deng...blah, blah, blah...

I will add rose into the trade for them... I'm just trying to help them out:D

king2218
12-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Don't see why as to Dwight would want to go to LA. Kobe & Gasol take up the shot attempts, where would that leave Dwight? Chasing rebounds & playing defense? If Dwight does get traded, replacing him with Bynum would be best. Possibly a three team with Utah, LA, ORL?

ORL gets Milsap (since utah wants to get rid of him to start favors) & Bynum & Ebanks & picks.

LA gets Howard & Turk

UTAH gets Odom. Not sure if Utah would agree to it, but Odom's contract is a team option after this year...

last stand
12-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Don't see why as to Dwight would want to go to LA. Kobe & Gasol take up the shot attempts, where would that leave Dwight? Chasing rebounds & playing defense? If Dwight does get traded, replacing him with Bynum would be best. Possibly a three team with Utah, LA, ORL?

ORL gets Milsap (since utah wants to get rid of him to start favors) & Bynum & Ebanks & picks.

LA gets Howard & Turk

UTAH gets Odom. Not sure if Utah would agree to it, but Odom's contract is a team option after this year...

well when kobe starts to really decline howard gets the keys to the most presitgious franchise in basketball and probably the 2nd most prestigious franchise in sports

it becomes his team, his city, and the lakers will lose a lot of contracts in 3 years and free agents will flock to play with howard in LA

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 09:25 PM

LA gets Howard & Turk

Dwight is not offensively minded, he's more defensively minded. He would be our Bill Russell, the enforcer and true defensive anchor. Bynum has always wanted to be the shot-taker and has to really force himself to become the Lakers defensive anchor. It's more instinctual with Howard. Dwight is the type of center we need, and his attitude, not Bynum.

king2218
12-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Dwight is not offensively minded, he's more defensively minded. He would be our Bill Russell, the enforcer and true defensive anchor. Bynum has always wanted to be the shot-taker and has to really force himself to become the Lakers defensive anchor. It's more instinctual with Howard. Dwight is the type of center we need, and his attitude, not Bynum.

True but Bynum does have the skills to play Defense. Maybe if he's involved more offensively, it'll energize him to play defense. Just a thought but IF Dwight wants to get traded, getting Bynum back & possibly Milsap from UTAH might be ORL's best deal.

seikou8
12-03-2011, 09:36 PM
omg dwight is going to the supermarket call the poilce his lecacy is ruined

magichatnumber9
12-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I hope Bynum stays with LA he has been so terrific for them. Fans of Los Angeldust you have a great center already. Believe in him, encourage him. Tell him you love him. For god sake he's already proved he's a championship caliber center.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 09:40 PM
True but Bynum does have the skills to play Defense. Maybe if he's involved more offensively, it'll energize him to play defense. Just a thought but IF Dwight wants to get traded, getting Bynum back & possibly Milsap from UTAH might be ORL's best deal.

Perhaps. I heard Ken Berger from CBS saying 2-3 days ago that there could be a possible 3-way deal b/w LAL-MIL-ORL where Bogut goes to Orlando, Bynum goes to the Bucks and Dwight to the Lakers. But I can't imagine Orlando wanting Bogut over Bynum.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I hope Bynum stays with LA he has been so terrific for them. Fans of Los Angeldust you have a great center already. Believe in him, encourage him. Tell him you love him. For god sake he's already proved he's a championship caliber center.

It's all in the attitude. He's too offensive minded for me and still has that immature side that's not too endearing for fans to see from a "future franchise player" (cheap shot on Barrea, parking in 2 handicapped spots).

Hellcrooner
12-03-2011, 10:52 PM

?

sorry?

09 , very limited role player minutes, ring
10 role player minutes ( very limited in finals) , ring

11 starter minutes, star touches SWEPt IN THE ****ING SECOND ROUND AND WHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ELIMINATed in the FIRST ONE

Bruno
12-03-2011, 11:08 PM
I dono Crooner it's not Bynums fault that Brynat, Gasol, Odom and Artest underperformed.
statistically speaking he was LALs best player during the 2011 post season.

You're not giving him enough credit for getting his knee drained 2-3 times during the 2010 post season just so he could suit up and play. He's tough as nails, he'd prefer to not be injured too. Plus, does being a championship level center have to mean that you're the best, or second best player? I dont think the guy you quoted was implying that he was the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team during the championships?

jzero
12-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Perhaps. I heard Ken Berger from CBS saying 2-3 days ago that there could be a possible 3-way deal b/w LAL-MIL-ORL where Bogut goes to Orlando, Bynum goes to the Bucks and Dwight to the Lakers. But I can't imagine Orlando wanting Bogut over Bynum.

well bogut isn't as injury prone and is better on defense

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-04-2011, 12:15 AM
well bogut isn't as injury prone and is better on defense
True, but he lacks the length and ability to get easy buckets near the rim like Drew.

Bruno
12-04-2011, 12:26 AM
True, but he lacks the length and ability to get easy buckets near the rim like Drew.

Bynum is 7'1, but he has a 7'6 wingspan (finger-tip to finger-tip). He is very long indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ4gmsYkXo8

jzero
12-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Bynum is 7'1, but he has a 7'6 wingspan (finger-tip to finger-tip). He is very long indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ4gmsYkXo8

he's also a bit of a dick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3uZAHt1AYc

5ass
12-04-2011, 12:39 AM

hes a complete *******, not a bit of a dick, he does that **** all the time.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k2fj87xTYQ

PHX2daDEATH
12-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Despite all the glitz and glamour of playing in Laker Gold..Who in the right mind would want to play next to Kobe at age 33? How many teams have imploded on Bryant's watch? even 1 is too many.. If People want to put Kobe and LeBron on MJ's level they need to think about that.. MJ Never had a team to implode..they were beaten yeah but in the twilight of his Career..it never happened...despite what turmoil those teams faced from ownership.

Bruno
12-04-2011, 01:11 AM

that's been well documented.

jzero
12-04-2011, 01:13 AM
hes a complete *******, not a bit of a dick, he does that **** all the time.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k2fj87xTYQ

it's what happens when you skip college

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 01:30 AM
it doesn't matter if he can't play. thats the point. he's an expiring contract. they can ditch him and odom and get rid of Hedo at the same time. Thats 35 million dollars in cap space. they're not going to waste money taking on those chicago contracts, or go into the red just to be perennial first or second round exits.

the only excuse to go into the red is if you're competing for championships. if you aren't you rebuild and don't stiff the tax. deng, boozer and noah all have massive contracts. boozer and deng are overpaid.

What good is cap space if you have no players anyone wants to play with? I don't think Boozer will be any part of this, as a matter of fact I have not once put him in the possible trade scenarios. I said, Deng (26) Noah(26) Taj(26) Mirotic (Rookie), Bobcats pick (potential lottery). That is 3/5 of a starting team that won 62 games last year. If the Bobcats pick works out you draft a SG or PG on top of whatever other picks ORL has. If that isn't rebuilding for the future while staying in contention and still selling tickets I don't know what is. So again, unless it's Bynum AND Gasol, whatever the lakers offer won't be better.

Hellcrooner
12-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Despite all the glitz and glamour of playing in Laker Gold..Who in the right mind would want to play next to Kobe at age 33? How many teams have imploded on Bryant's watch? even 1 is too many.. If People want to put Kobe and LeBron on MJ's level they need to think about that.. MJ Never had a team to implode..they were beaten yeah but in the twilight of his Career..it never happened...despite what turmoil those teams faced from ownership.

how old was Kareem in 1980? :D

and btw

you can definetly win NOW with kobe+pau+howard.

in 3 seasons? both kobe and pau expire, TONS OF CAPSPACE.

whos a free agent that summer? well, for starters.... those threee amigos you know?

Wade>You
12-04-2011, 01:46 AM
how old was Kareem in 1980? :D

and btw

you can definetly win NOW with kobe+pau+howard.

in 3 seasons? both kobe and pau expire, TONS OF CAPSPACE.

whos a free agent that summer? well, for starters.... those threee amigos you know?The Heat's 3? The same ones you rag on? Yeah, they're not going to LA. Wishful thinking.

5ass
12-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Flip noah to somewhere like indiana for hibbert and a pick or a good young player. Then deng to another team for expiring and a pick thats already a better package than the lakrs+ 4 1st round picks in next years deep draft and hibbert means faster rebuild

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 01:48 AM
lopez is 23 years old. a 7 footer who averaged 20ppg last season. they offer cap room and picks with a 23 year old 7 foot center

chicago bulls offer is crippling. like it or not its the truth.

lakers
clippers
nets
OKC

all offer much better deals. end of discussion. you can cry that i don't know what i'm talking about all you want but the truth is orlando would be better off letting dwight walk than accepting that ridiculous chicago deal that sticks them with a core of noah, deng, and gibson for the next 4 years with no hope of bringing in any stars

Oh really? Tell me than, ORL is looking for a young C under contract i.e. Noah. Not one that is still on a Rookie contract and going to be a FA. So if they want to keep Lopez they will have to pay him anyway. ORL is looking for picks(Which anyone who gets Dwight will drop in pick value anyway, which is why the Bobcats pick is so important), well the Bulls have plenty of those, ORL is looking to dump Hedo. 3 things the Bulls can provide while creating a championship team for Dwight, Win/Win. You act like Dengs contract is horrible, but check the books, he is making exactly what someone with his stats who has been around that long should be making. Plus it's 3 years and you are acting like it is 10. Mirotic was said to be a potential top 10 pick, but bc of his european contract he can't come over yet so he dropped. Taj is a defensive and double double machine who is still on his rookie contract, so how would that make them stuck with him, or a bloated contract? Gives them a core, which is exactly what you need if you want to attract ANYONE, and young talent, as well as a high draft pick. So unless OKC is giving Westbrook, or the Clippers are giving Griffin, the Bulls can give them a playoff team and more. Selling tickets is important, and Noah went to Florida and won 2 titles, people down there love him.

Hellcrooner
12-04-2011, 01:51 AM
The Heat's 3? The same ones you rag on? Yeah, they're not going to LA. Wishful thinking.

i dont rag on them have nothing to blame to them ( except not choosing a more historic franchise for their thing like chi or ny).

last stand
12-04-2011, 01:53 AM
why are you still arguing this. the magic will not send him east. its not gonna happen. and that bulls offer is only appealing to bulls fans. every other fan in this thread has basically said the truth. its not a bad offer its a horrific offer. 3 role players signed long term. it doesn't get worse than that offer. i'm sorry but i just don't see the benefit in that offer.

as far as i'm concerned its the 5th best offer on the table

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 01:53 AM
Flip noah to somewhere like indiana for hibbert and a pick or a good young player. Then deng to another team for expiring and a pick thats already a better package than the lakrs+ 4 1st round picks in next years deep draft and hibbert means faster rebuild

Boom, thinking outside the box, I like it. Everyone is acting like Deng, Noah, Taj plus picks and Mirotic is garbage. That's basically 3/4 of our starters (Don't coun't Bogans as anything) that won 62 games last year. Maybe we over value our players, but this forum grossly under values them. Those are 3 very solid players who will get you a 5 or 6 seed. Last I checked, that is better than being a 25 win team praying for a miracle.

last stand
12-04-2011, 01:56 AM

yes because indiana will be willing to trade a better player in hibbert for noah, and because so many teams with expirings will take on a long term deal and give up a pick.

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 01:58 AM
why are you still arguing this. the magic will not send him east. its not gonna happen. and that bulls offer is only appealing to bulls fans. every other fan in this thread has basically said the truth. its not a bad offer its a horrific offer. 3 role players signed long term. it doesn't get worse than that offer. i'm sorry but i just don't see the benefit in that offer.

as far as i'm concerned its the 5th best offer on the table

Yet you have included the Nets in every one of your potential scenarios. Talking out of both sides of our *** I see.

last stand
12-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Yet you have included the Nets in every one of your potential scenarios. Talking out of both sides of our *** I see.

go back and read what i said. i said they wont trade him east, but if they did they would trade him to new jersey everytime before chicago

go back and read and you will see exactly what i said

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-04-2011, 02:02 AM

How in the blue hell did a topic involving Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum end up becoming a comparison between Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and LeBron James? :confused:

5ass
12-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Hibbert is not better than noah, noahs stock is high right now bcz of being a good role player in a deep playoff run + his all defensive 2nd team season last year. Personally i think hes overrated though.

5ass
12-04-2011, 02:10 AM
And deng is a decent player, pretty underrated IMO defensively, ur telling me lakers for example wont jump on a deal like that? Remember kobe wanted to play with deng. There are a lot of other teams that could take him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-04-2011, 02:16 AM
And deng is a decent player, pretty underrated IMO defensively, ur telling me lakers for example wont jump on a deal like that? Remember kobe wanted to play with deng. There are a lot of other teams that could take him.

But that was four years ago in 2007. A lot has happened in the last 4 yrs. I think Kobe made the right decision in staying in LA and having a big man like Gasol come to the team, resulting in 3 straight trips to the finals for back-to-back NBA titles...rather than going to Chicago to be paired up with a borderline all-star small forward.

last stand
12-04-2011, 02:21 AM

deng is ok but he's limited offensively and good defensively. he's a 100% role player. he's the reason chicago couldn't beat miami. he can't create for himself. he's just a role player. joakim noah is no different. he was considered a bust his first years in the NBA. why? because there was no derrick rose. joakim noah is extremely limited offensively. he cannot create anything for himself. and therefore he is a role player. taj gibson is also a role player.

orlando is not going to send dwight east, and if they do its not going to be with 3 26 year old role players on long term deals.

they will want someone who can create for themself and has potential to be a franchise player.

bynum, gordon, westbrook, lopez are all guys who can create offense for themselves and have franchise potential.

noah, deng, gibson are what they are. role players. nothing more. and they will prove poor trade pieces as the only teams that will want him are contenders who will have nothing to offer the magic

5ass
12-04-2011, 02:32 AM
deng is ok but he's limited offensively and good defensively. he's a 100% role player. he's the reason chicago couldn't beat miami. he can't create for himself. he's just a role player. joakim noah is no different. he was considered a bust his first years in the NBA. why? because there was no derrick rose. joakim noah is extremely limited offensively. he cannot create anything for himself. and therefore he is a role player. taj gibson is also a role player.

orlando is not going to send dwight east, and if they do its not going to be with 3 26 year old role players on long term deals.

they will want someone who can create for themself and has potential to be a franchise player.

bynum, gordon, westbrook, lopez are all guys who can create offense for themselves and have franchise potential.

noah, deng, gibson are what they are. role players. nothing more. and they will prove poor trade pieces as the only teams that will want him are contenders who will have nothing to offer the magic

he was matched up against the best player in the game in the ecf.
i was talking about it being a 3-4 team trade. take it from a magic fan who doesnt want to see dwight ending up in any of the two teams, but the bulls can put together a better trade package than bynum and LO.

Sandman
12-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Oh really? Tell me than, ORL is looking for a young C under contract i.e. Noah. Not one that is still on a Rookie contract and going to be a FA. So if they want to keep Lopez they will have to pay him anyway. ORL is looking for picks(Which anyone who gets Dwight will drop in pick value anyway, which is why the Bobcats pick is so important), well the Bulls have plenty of those, ORL is looking to dump Hedo. 3 things the Bulls can provide while creating a championship team for Dwight, Win/Win. You act like Dengs contract is horrible, but check the books, he is making exactly what someone with his stats who has been around that long should be making. Plus it's 3 years and you are acting like it is 10. Mirotic was said to be a potential top 10 pick, but bc of his european contract he can't come over yet so he dropped. Taj is a defensive and double double machine who is still on his rookie contract, so how would that make them stuck with him, or a bloated contract? Gives them a core, which is exactly what you need if you want to attract ANYONE, and young talent, as well as a high draft pick. So unless OKC is giving Westbrook, or the Clippers are giving Griffin, the Bulls can give them a playoff team and more. Selling tickets is important, and Noah went to Florida and won 2 titles, people down there love him.

Deng and Noah's contracts are longer than Turks or Gilberts.

They absolutley DO want a center on a rookie contract, not one on a bloated second contract. "About to be a FA" is very different when we're talking RESTRICTED FA.

Deng's contract IS terrible and it IS because its 3 years. Thats a lot. I'd rather just let Dwight walk or force him into a LeBron decision. If he wants to go to LA or Chicago, he can go play for the MLE.

last stand
12-04-2011, 02:38 AM
he was matched up against the best player in the game in the ecf.
i was talking about it being a 3-4 team trade. take it from a magic fan who doesnt want to see dwight ending up in any of the two teams, but the bulls can put together a better trade package than bynum and LO.

3 and 4 team trades are about as rare as it gets. also you live on the east coast. the bulls cannot put a better trade than the lakers. its just a false statement. the clippers can and the thunder can but the bulls absolutely cannot

unless you want your magic team to be crippled by 3 role players, 2 of which have big long term deals ok then. it'll be funny how much you love that deal when chicago is rocking you guys 4 times a year and you have to watch noah and deng struggle to even keep orlando above .500

lucky for you otis smith wont be stupid enough to accept that abomination of a chicago deal

last stand
12-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Deng and Noah's contracts are longer than Turks or Gilberts.

They absolutley DO want a center on a rookie contract, not one on a bloated second contract. "About to be a FA" is very different when we're talking RESTRICTED FA.

Deng's contract IS terrible and it IS because its 3 years. Thats a lot. I'd rather just let Dwight walk or force him into a LeBron decision. If he wants to go to LA or Chicago, he can go play for the MLE.

exactly

though i do believe LA really has a good deal because bynum and odom's contracts are very tradeable and user friendly

5ass
12-04-2011, 02:42 AM
3 and 4 team trades are about as rare as it gets. also you live on the east coast. the bulls cannot put a better trade than the lakers. its just a false statement. the clippers can and the thunder can but the bulls absolutely cannot

unless you want your magic team to be crippled by 3 role players, 2 of which have big long term deals ok then. it'll be funny how much you love that deal when chicago is rocking you guys 4 times a year and you have to watch noah and deng struggle to even keep orlando above .500

lucky for you otis smith wont be stupid enough to accept that abomination of a chicago deal

im telling u as a non biased magic fan, the bulls can put together a better package, melo was traded in a three team trade. its not that rare.

last stand
12-04-2011, 02:44 AM
im telling u as a non biased magic fan, the bulls can put together a better package.

how does being a magic fan make you non biased. it makes you the opposite considering most NBA fans dislike the lakers, the lakers beat the magic in the 2009 nba finals

in what way does being a magic fan make you unbiased lol

5ass
12-04-2011, 02:51 AM
how does being a magic fan make you non biased. it makes you the opposite considering most NBA fans dislike the lakers, the lakers beat the magic in the 2009 nba finals

in what way does being a magic fan make you unbiased lol

bcz i could care less what u think i feel about either team, i just want whats best for my team.

last stand
12-04-2011, 02:55 AM
bcz i could care less what u think i feel about either team, i just want whats best for my team.

part of me hopes you get the chicago deal you want just so you can watch your team be set back 5 years.

but it wont happen because otis smith isn't that stupid

iggypop123
12-04-2011, 02:56 AM
im telling u as a non biased magic fan, the bulls can put together a better package, melo was traded in a three team trade. its not that rare.

they won 60 games with their guys injured all the time. management wont be too eager to make a trade offer. at least on their terms not the magics. as in deng and draft pics with asik. if they find they feel they are no better than a AI sixers and suddenly want a trade howard may be gone or its the trade dealine already. my guess is for howard its a 3 team trade no matter what possibly with the lakers or others.

Sandman
12-04-2011, 03:00 AM
part of me hopes you get the chicago deal you want just so you can watch your team be set back 5 years.

but it wont happen because otis smith isn't that stupid

No, Otis Smith definitely IS that stupid.

Fact remains though, Dwight can't force his way to LA (the Lakers anyway) or Chicago.

Only way LA or Chicago have a chance is if Orlando gets nervous and they're 100% certain Dwight will walk to a team with actual cap space.