PDA

View Full Version : Source close to Andrew Bynum believes he will be playing for Orlando

Pages : 1 [2]

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:02 AM
part of me hopes you get the chicago deal you want just so you can watch your team be set back 5 years.

but it wont happen because otis smith isn't that stupid

ya im sure paying bynum 15 mill a year to watch him spend half his season in a cast and the other half proving to every1 that hes much less effective without pau and kobe is a better idea. oh i forgot u also want to add a 34 yr old odom. in what way will that help us in the future? in a couple of years were going to let bynum and odom go and we'll have nothing. Ya for sure thats better than 4 1st round draft picks in a very deep draft and a young center like hibbert.

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:04 AM
again like i said many times before, i dont think any of the 2 trades will happen but the bulls can put together a better package, if they can find a 3rd and maybe 4th team.

last stand
12-04-2011, 03:10 AM
ya im sure paying bynum 15 mill a year to watch him spend half his season in a cast and the other half proving to every1 that hes much less effective without pau and kobe is a better idea. oh i forgot u also want to add a 34 yr old odom. in what way will that help us in the future? in a couple of years were going to let bynum and odom go and we'll have nothing. Ya for sure thats better than 4 1st round draft picks in a very deep draft and a young center like hibbert.

bynum is on a one year deal with a team option. there is no risk. odom is 32 and every contending team will be willing to trade for because he doesn't make much.

and where did hibbert come from and 4 1st round picks.

Sandman
12-04-2011, 03:15 AM
bynum is on a one year deal with a team option. there is no risk. odom is 32 and every contending team will be willing to trade for because he doesn't make much.
No risk but whats the reward? And how much money is Rich DeVos willing to shell out for a team thats not filling the seats at the arena he just shelled out a bunch of money for?

And still, you don't even call the Lakers or Bulls until you know that he's going to leave.

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:15 AM

and where did hibbert come from and 4 1st round picks.
my bad, its 3 picks.. i was thinking that they would have 4 1st round picks next year (including the magics 1st pick).

bulls first
bobcats' first
1st from deng
hibbert (and maybe a 2nd) from noah

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:16 AM
No risk but whats the reward? And how much money is Rich DeVos willing to shell out for a team thats not filling the seats at the arena he just shelled out a bunch of money for?

And still, you don't even call the Lakers or Bulls until you know that he's going to leave.

and this, for sure. i can assure u he will not be traded be4 all star break anyway, since the allstar game is in orl.

iggypop123
12-04-2011, 03:20 AM
and this, for sure. i can assure u he will not be traded be4 all star break anyway, since the allstar game is in orl.

they might be motivated by that factor a little. would be crappy to have him booed in a orlando uniform. nothing wrong if he is booed in an opposing teams uniform its understandable. another thing is that will be a weekeend of non stop rumors and questions about howard. if howard and or magic fans get annoyed right now you havent seen anything yet.

Bruno
12-04-2011, 03:29 AM
What good is cap space if you have no players anyone wants to play with?

Nobody would. Thats how franchises start over. Stars leave without being replaced, the team tanks the following season and they get a good draft pick. Then the next year they do a little better, but still get a good draft pick. that cycle can go on for 2-4 years. Then, those high draft picks mature, get better and develop into stars. Once those draft picks develop, free agents start to pay attention, and ideally FA's come into town and sign with a developing young team (OKC example). In the meantime, the franchise has a very low payroll, which is key during a recession.

How do you think Howard got to Orlando to begin with? It was a result of a team putting up a horrible record. T-Mac missed 15 games and was dealing with injuries all year. Tmac was there, but it was the equivalent of not having a star because of his health.

tons of players would love to come play with dwight, but they can't because the orlando FO spent all their money on mediocre players. rather than waiting for a true counter-punch to howard, they signed Rashard Lewis to a max deal. they spent max money on a guy who was a one time all-star. Howard is leaving because of the lewis contract, and their inability to bring in a true counter part. Same comparison can be made with LBJ and Mo Williams.

Sandman
12-04-2011, 03:30 AM
I agree that I would try to leave if I were in his shoes, but what are his real options and what are the Magic up against?

Sandman
12-04-2011, 03:32 AM
Howard is leaving because of the lewis contract.
Cause and effect. Pretty direct.

They didn't just pay Lewis they gave him Kobe money.

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:33 AM
^too early to tell

Sandman
12-04-2011, 03:34 AM
^too early to tell

Very true.

We saw what happened during the 9-10 season with teams trying to get under the cap to take a shot at the FA crop.

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:35 AM
and to be fair, lewis wasnt expected to be that bad.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Do you have a link that says this? Or did you get this from talking to Otis Smith on your bat phone?

lol the internet is flooded with bynum going to Magic news stories and now you are asking me do you have a link lmfao???

look around the internet dude:speechless:

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Very true.

We saw what happened during the 9-10 season with teams trying to get under the cap to take a shot at the FA crop.

who knows, its a far fetched idea but orl might be in the run to sign cp3 in 2012 if they get themselves under the cap, we can amnesty arenas and use the stretch clause on hedo then trade for expirings. There are a lot of possibilities we'll see what happens.

Bruno
12-04-2011, 03:47 AM
Cause and effect. Pretty direct.

They didn't just pay Lewis they gave him Kobe money.

It's crazy. Lewis is the 2nd highest payed player in the NBA.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-04-2011, 03:48 AM
What good is cap space if you have no players anyone wants to play with? I don't think Boozer will be any part of this, as a matter of fact I have not once put him in the possible trade scenarios. I said, Deng (26) Noah(26) Taj(26) Mirotic (Rookie), Bobcats pick (potential lottery). That is 3/5 of a starting team that won 62 games last year. If the Bobcats pick works out you draft a SG or PG on top of whatever other picks ORL has. If that isn't rebuilding for the future while staying in contention and still selling tickets I don't know what is. So again, unless it's Bynum AND Gasol, whatever the lakers offer won't be better.

noone wants deng and his overpayed contract, orlando has never wanted him, so stop hyping him and move on already. Lakers have the best package to offer.

Sandman
12-04-2011, 03:49 AM
and to be fair, lewis wasnt expected to be that bad.
I would hope not, if you paid him that much expecting what you got that would be a little crazy. But even if he panned out, there's no way he was ever going to be worth 110 million. That move was doomed from the start.

Another thing that always pissed me off -- Rashard's biggest asset is that he had a lot of height for the 3. So the Magic decided to play him at the 4 alot, thereby playing to one of his weak points, not enough bulk to challenge guys his height.

Still he wouldn't have been worth that if he played the 3. The Magic went all-in and the move blew up in their face. Yeah they made the finals, so did a lot of teams, especially from the east. If they sat on that cap room or those trade assets instead, what could have happened?

The league has shown over the years that the right move will come along if you stockpile your assets. You don't need to reach or rush, usually, especially when you had the window the Magic had with Dwight.

Sandman
12-04-2011, 03:51 AM
noone wants deng and his overpayed contract, orlando has never wanted him, so stop hyping him and move on already. Lakers have the best package to offer.

Lakers don't have a package the Magic want.

The Lakers have to take those pieces to other teams to get pieces the Magic want.

And they also need the Magic open to a trade.

5ass
12-04-2011, 03:59 AM
I would hope not, if you paid him that much expecting what you got that would be a little crazy. But even if he panned out, there's no way he was ever going to be worth 110 million. That move was doomed from the start.

Another thing that always pissed me off -- Rashard's biggest asset is that he had a lot of height for the 3. So the Magic decided to play him at the 4 alot, thereby playing to one of his weak points, not enough bulk to challenge guys his height.

Still he wouldn't have been worth that if he played the 3. The Magic went all-in and the move blew up in their face. Yeah they made the finals, so did a lot of teams, especially from the east. If they sat on that cap room or those trade assets instead, what could have happened?

The league has shown over the years that the right move will come along if you stockpile your assets. You don't need to reach or rush, usually, especially when you had the window the Magic had with Dwight.
no doubt oatis made a lot of bad moves, im just saying no1 expected lewis to become that ineffective. and yes i agree him at the 4 wasnt a great idea, but stan wanted to stretch the floor for dwight and at the time lewis at the 4 wasnt a terrible idea. lewis at the 4 isnt what killed us.

5ass
12-04-2011, 04:01 AM
we never had a traditional PG or PF

Oldmantrash
12-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Let's be real, the Nets offer is the best, Lopez, 2or3 picks, taking back Hedo, probably throw in another young guy.

The issue is, they are the Nets, and the Lakers, are the Lakers.

We all know who always wins that.
Whether Howard force it, or Orlando wants him out of the east, I know we won't get him.

That's the way the NBA works.

It's frustrating just hoping or this.

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 04:31 AM
go back and read what i said. i said they wont trade him east, but if they did they would trade him to new jersey everytime before chicago

go back and read and you will see exactly what i said

Because that is a worse trade for them, that makes perfect sense. Your thought process is amusing, almost as amusing as how u over value Lopez vs. 3 Bulls starters.

Sandman
12-04-2011, 04:31 AM
no doubt oatis made a lot of bad moves, im just saying no1 expected lewis to become that ineffective. and yes i agree him at the 4 wasnt a great idea, but stan wanted to stretch the floor for dwight and at the time lewis at the 4 wasnt a terrible idea. lewis at the 4 isnt what killed us.

Lewis at the 4 didn't kill it, Lewis at the 110 killed it.

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 05:02 AM
deng is ok but he's limited offensively and good defensively. he's a 100% role player. he's the reason chicago couldn't beat miami. he can't create for himself. he's just a role player. joakim noah is no different. he was considered a bust his first years in the NBA. why? because there was no derrick rose. joakim noah is extremely limited offensively. he cannot create anything for himself. and therefore he is a role player. taj gibson is also a role player.

orlando is not going to send dwight east, and if they do its not going to be with 3 26 year old role players on long term deals.

they will want someone who can create for themself and has potential to be a franchise player.

bynum, gordon, westbrook, lopez are all guys who can create offense for themselves and have franchise potential.

noah, deng, gibson are what they are. role players. nothing more. and they will prove poor trade pieces as the only teams that will want him are contenders who will have nothing to offer the magic

That was pretty much just the first year. And ask Bulls fans how valuable he is to our team. When he is healthy and playing well we are amazing. I love how people assume they know exactly what Orlando wants. No one is trading a key piece for a key piece, everyone is trying to put together a super team, so everyone can quit with this Rose for Dwight garbage. Are the Lakers trading Kobe? Is OKC trading Durant? Are the Clippers trading Griffin? No, so shut the **** up and be realistic. What the Bulls can offer is taking Hedo, giving a good young defensive core already signed(seeing as one of there biggest problems is not being able to lure good players, this should be a big deal.) And preventing them from completely tanking and not making any money. Everyone on this site is so obsessed with the future they forget, the NBA is about money. And if you aren't selling tickets, you aren't making money. Say whatever else you want, but people would rather go see a 5 or 6 seed than a garbage squad.

JNA17
12-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Its only a matter of time...

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 05:09 AM
he was matched up against the best player in the game in the ecf.
i was talking about it being a 3-4 team trade. take it from a magic fan who doesnt want to see dwight ending up in any of the two teams, but the bulls can put together a better trade package than bynum and LO.

Thank you! coming from a magic fan this holds weight.

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 05:13 AM
Deng and Noah's contracts are longer than Turks or Gilberts.

They absolutley DO want a center on a rookie contract, not one on a bloated second contract. "About to be a FA" is very different when we're talking RESTRICTED FA.

Deng's contract IS terrible and it IS because its 3 years. Thats a lot. I'd rather just let Dwight walk or force him into a LeBron decision. If he wants to go to LA or Chicago, he can go play for the MLE.

Bulls can Amnesty Boozer, he wouldn't be playing for the MLE. Basically means we can keep Noah, move him to PF and sign Dwight outright. Might have to move someone else, but it's entirely possible. If he goes FA we have as good a shot without giving anything up so this is ok with me.

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 05:15 AM
Nobody would. Thats how franchises start over. Stars leave without being replaced, the team tanks the following season and they get a good draft pick. Then the next year they do a little better, but still get a good draft pick. that cycle can go on for 2-4 years. Then, those high draft picks mature, get better and develop into stars. Once those draft picks develop, free agents start to pay attention, and ideally FA's come into town and sign with a developing young team (OKC example). In the meantime, the franchise has a very low payroll, which is key during a recession.

How do you think Howard got to Orlando to begin with? It was a result of a team putting up a horrible record. T-Mac missed 15 games and was dealing with injuries all year. Tmac was there, but it was the equivalent of not having a star because of his health.

tons of players would love to come play with dwight, but they can't because the orlando FO spent all their money on mediocre players. rather than waiting for a true counter-punch to howard, they signed Rashard Lewis to a max deal. they spent max money on a guy who was a one time all-star. Howard is leaving because of the lewis contract, and their inability to bring in a true counter part. Same comparison can be made with LBJ and Mo Williams.

Yet they are in the very same pergatory u speak of without trading for 3 starters and having this fantastic player. Funny...

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 05:19 AM

I heart you, thats all I was trying to say. I don't think it will happen either...

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 05:21 AM

Thank you, again, I don't think it will happen, but this is the point I was trying to make. Money>draft picks

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-04-2011, 05:22 AM
Check out this video guys and girls! :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6P7QaCvQI&feature=player_embedded

IT WILL HAPPEN! :)

RIPSweetness34
12-04-2011, 05:25 AM
lol the internet is flooded with bynum going to Magic news stories and now you are asking me do you have a link lmfao???

look around the internet dude:speechless:

Than provide something legitimate. I'm not going to search around on behalf of the argument you are trying to make.

JNA17
12-04-2011, 05:37 AM

LD2k is just the best. :clap:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-04-2011, 05:40 AM
Than provide something legitimate. I'm not going to search around on behalf of the argument you are trying to make.

lol its legitimate only then, when dwight gets traded to LA.

We just have to wait and see, but there are just too much rumors to deny that Magic have interest in bynum.

Vinylman
12-04-2011, 10:38 AM
The Heat's 3? The same ones you rag on? Yeah, they're not going to LA. Wishful thinking.

this is why Heat fans are hilarious...

3 years from now Dwade will be a month away from 33... dude is a guy who will definitely fall off a cliff at that age... he is a guy who has been beaten on forever and his body will start slowing down and then its over... his minutes are high with no reduction occuring anytime soon because of the thin bench the heat have...

I still think the Heat CAN win 2 of the next 3 titles... after that... not much...

Chill_Will_24
12-04-2011, 11:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=577F3raO4rQ

I like ours better xD