PDA

View Full Version : The worst 5 teams this year.

Cal827
12-03-2011, 03:28 AM
As the thread title is asking, who do you guys think will be the worst teams this year? From 1 to 5 (1 being the worst):

1: Charlotte Bobcats... They have a decent future I believe, with prospects in Byombio (Is he staying in Spain or is he back this year, sorry I don't know) and Walker, but after that there's not much (Unless Diop decides to go HAM). Also this thread kinda says it all:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=672455

2: Denver. Great end to last year, but they lost 3 good players to China and are going to lose Nene most likely. I just see them tailing off badly. Which might not be such a bad thing knowing that they would get a high pick in a Loaded draft.

Toronto: Derozan should continue to turn into something good and Davis should continue to develop, but our prospect from the Draft, Jonas Valanciunas, won't be with us this year. Hopefully James Johnson and Bayless can show that they can be serviceable players, and Barfnani can actually rebound. Well if we end up here, at could potentially have a PG (Bayless?)-Derozan-2012 pick-Davis-Valanciunas line up next year.

4: Cleveland: Irving/Thompson are nice picks, but that team probably won't jump up since they are looking to rebuild. You know, unless Dan Gilbert in an attempt to further block Lebron James, aqcuires anybody released from Amnesty so Miami can't get their hands on them lol

5: New Orleans: Chris Paul has kept that team afloat and almost lead that team past the Laker a year ago. With all of the rumors swirling, I think his game will be affected if he stays with the team... and if they do decide to deal him before the start of the season, well that team has little to fall back on.

What do you guys think? If anybody is offended by this, I apologize.

mdm692
12-03-2011, 03:33 AM
On point. Wizards could be in the mix if young leaves.

itsripcity32
12-03-2011, 03:34 AM
bobcats
cleveland
toronto

Cal827
12-03-2011, 03:36 AM

You think so? Maybe I think too much of Mcgee but I think him and Wall could carry that team into contention that last East playoff spot...

But I guess that doesn't mean much since the 8th place team in the east is usually pretty crappy lol

BudGrant
12-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Hands down, Milwaukee.

Sadds The Gr8
12-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Bobcats
Raptors
Cavs
Pistons
Utah (if they trade Jefferson and Millsap)

mdm692
12-03-2011, 03:55 AM
You think so? Maybe I think too much of Mcgee but I think him and Wall could carry that team into contention that last East playoff spot...

But I guess that doesn't mean much since the 8th place team in the east is usually pretty crappy lol

yeah the only way i see them staying on course is if jordan crawford keeps on developing which is not that farfetched.

Avenged
12-03-2011, 04:00 AM
I think Toronto will improve.

New Orleans will be a playoff team regardless of the rumors as long as Chris Paul is there and healthy.

Dannymac1232
12-03-2011, 04:42 AM
1. Detroit Pistons
2. Charlotte Bobcats
3. NO Hornets(if they trade Paul) if not then Toronto Raptors
4. Phoenix Suns(if they dont resign Hill) not saying Hill turns them around but he does help. other in this position, id pick Golden State Warriors.
5. Denver Nuggets.

Wade>You
12-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Timberwolves
Cavaliers
Raptors
Bobcats
Wizards

No particular order.

IndiansFan337
12-03-2011, 11:40 AM
As the thread title is asking, who do you guys think will be the worst teams this year? From 1 to 5 (1 being the worst):

1: Charlotte Bobcats... They have a decent future I believe, with prospects in Byombio (Is he staying in Spain or is he back this year, sorry I don't know) and Walker, but after that there's not much (Unless Diop decides to go HAM). Also this thread kinda says it all:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=672455

2: Denver. Great end to last year, but they lost 3 good players to China and are going to lose Nene most likely. I just see them tailing off badly. Which might not be such a bad thing knowing that they would get a high pick in a Loaded draft.

Toronto: Derozan should continue to turn into something good and Davis should continue to develop, but our prospect from the Draft, Jonas Valanciunas, won't be with us this year. Hopefully James Johnson and Bayless can show that they can be serviceable players, and Barfnani can actually rebound. Well if we end up here, at could potentially have a PG (Bayless?)-Derozan-2012 pick-Davis-Valanciunas line up next year.

4: Cleveland: Irving/Thompson are nice picks, but that team probably won't jump up since they are looking to rebuild. You know, unless Dan Gilbert in an attempt to further block Lebron James, aqcuires anybody released from Amnesty so Miami can't get their hands on them lol

5: New Orleans: Chris Paul has kept that team afloat and almost lead that team past the Laker a year ago. With all of the rumors swirling, I think his game will be affected if he stays with the team... and if they do decide to deal him before the start of the season, well that team has little to fall back on.

What do you guys think? If anybody is offended by this, I apologize.
Denever lost so much, specifically to China.

I don't think the Cavs will be as bad as everyone expects, as long as they don't amnesty Baron Davis. We need his scoring and vision on this current squad. I believe we were only one game below .500 when Anderson Varejao got injured last year, so I expect him to give us a huge boost. He's a tremendous role player and a winning player. I don't expect us to contend for a championship, obviously, but we can contend for a bottom seed in the EC playoffs.

Dolfan305
12-03-2011, 12:13 PM
The Heat

Chronz
12-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Denever lost so much, specifically to China.

I don't think the Cavs will be as bad as everyone expects, as long as they don't amnesty Baron Davis. We need his scoring and vision on this current squad. I believe we were only one game below .500 when Anderson Varejao got injured last year, so I expect him to give us a huge boost. He's a tremendous role player and a winning player. I don't expect us to contend for a championship, obviously, but we can contend for a bottom seed in the EC playoffs.

Doesnt matter, even then you have one of the worst efficiency scores in the league, your collapse was simply a matter of time. And Baron wont look so good next year watch

club america
12-03-2011, 12:28 PM
heat
mavs
bulls
lakers
knicks hahah jk

bobcats
clevland
raptors
hornets
nuggets

fin_frenzy_84
12-03-2011, 01:39 PM
No order

Bobcats
Raptors
Wizards
Pistons
Nets or Cavs

ManRam
12-03-2011, 01:52 PM
This Wizards will absolutely NOT be a bottom 5 team.

Wall and McGee are great players...and will continue to improve. I love their rookies, and think they'll contribute right away, Vesely will at least. Nick Young is a great scorer, but easily replaceable. A few nice adds and this team won't be terrible.

1. The Cavs: it's gonna take time for Kyrie and especially Thompson to make strides. This is a roster, aside from a few vets, that is 100% devoid of talent.
2. Charlotte: All their good players over the past few years are gone. This team is going to be awful on offense. It will be ugly.
3. Toronto: I love Jonas, and think he could be the best rookie eventually, but this team is still a ways away.
4. Detroit: Monroe is nice...I love Knight...and that's about all that's positive about that team.
5. The Kings: have some nice talent, I just can't see it all meshing yet.

Denver could be here, but it's impossible to predict that roster right now. NO won't be a bottom 5 team until/if they lose Paul. Minnesota will take steps forward. Utah could be pretty bad...a ton of great youth, and I'm sure they'll be given a lot of time and see a lot of growing pains.

Cal827
12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
heat
mavs
bulls
lakers
knicks hahah jk

bobcats
clevland
raptors
hornets
nuggets

:laugh2:

Phenomenonsense
12-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Pistons gotta be on that list if they do **** this FA period.

miller
12-03-2011, 03:00 PM
In no particular order -

Bobcats
Raptors
Timberwolves
Wizards
Kings - they have a bright future, but this season in my opinion will be another tough one.

BrandoCommando
12-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Lakers.

JasonJohnHorn
12-03-2011, 05:40 PM
NO: West leaves and CP3 has nobody left to pass too, then CP3 will be traded.

Toronto: As long and Coangelo is calling the shots, this team will be $#!T

Charlotte: MJ doesnt know what he's doing. He'll make trades to clear cap space and pick up second rate players like he did last year (Chandler out, Kwambe in? Seriously?)

Detroit: They have a couple young studs, but no scorers, and they just picked a player who is statistically similar to Stuckey, and that didnt work last time they did that.

Washington: They suck.

unleashthebeast
12-03-2011, 05:44 PM

IDK, i live in the baltimore/dc area and i watch a lot of their games. They may be better off losing young, because from what i have seen he forces a lot of shots that he shouldnt take. They may be better off with Jordan Crawford, and yeah I agree with the OP that they could grab the 8th seed in the east

mrblisterdundee
12-03-2011, 05:52 PM
1. Cleveland - I think another forward from Ohio in the next draft is in their sites.

2. Charlotte - Stephen Jackson's more important than you think, especially without Gerald Wallace either.

3. Toronto - How many years will pass before they get a real center?

4. Detroit - This city is dead. It needs an infusion of youth like it needs an infusion of jobs.

5. Minnesota - Ricky Rubio won't be as prolific as his cult following on NBA forums and Youtube videos (as a side note, Kevin Love will again be more prolific than his lack of a cult following on NBA forums and Youtube videos).

Sportfan
12-03-2011, 05:55 PM
1. Celtics
11. Clippers

:pray:

theheatles
12-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Cavs
Bobcats
Pistons
Raptors
Jazz

THE MTL
12-03-2011, 06:17 PM
1. Charlotte - This team has only one way to score and that is Corey Maggette. They have no offense (unless Kemba is something special).

2. Cleveland - They overachieved in the beginning of last season and were 0.500 thru the first 10 games. Then they got killed by Lebron James specifically in that MIA game and never recovered. So they are even worse than there last year record (btw.....they NOT sweeping the Knicks in the season series this year either)

3. Denver - They recovered VERY WELL from the Melo deal and actually got better. But they got raped this summer. Losing three productive players to China (Martin-Smith-Chandler) and going to lose Nene too and then trading Felton for Miller. They really had the chance to prove that team ball wins but then they lost the team.

4. Minnesota - I didnt think this was possible but they have TOO MUCH youth. Get some proven players on the roster. Btw, Ricky Rubio isnt going to be instantly Steve Nash. I expect him to struggle especially in the beginning.

5. New Orleans - I highly doubt that they retain David West for some reason and then that will piss CP3 off and they'll have to trade him. But if they can manage to keep Cp3 thru the season, then they are a playoff team

GhostfaceDrilla
12-03-2011, 08:41 PM
The worst 5 teams this year:

1. Charlotte Bobcats

2. Cleveland Cavaliers

3. Minnesotta Timberwolves

4. Toronto Raptors

5. New Orleans Hornets

kingsdelez24
12-03-2011, 11:52 PM
1. Celtics
11. Clippers

:pray:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:horse: I don't know why i put this one in, but it made me laugh as much as this post