PDA

View Full Version : Is Eric Gordon really worth CP3?

Gram
12-03-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm just wondering how everyone feels about this, because in a lot of Cp3 trade scenarios with the Clips I see Gordon as part of the deal. Is Cp3 really worth giving up a 22 year old Eric Gordon? I think he averaged a nice 23 points per game last year?

I myself wouldn't do that no matter how good Paul is. I understand Williams and Bledsoe are no Paul but from what I've seen of Eric Gordon, LA should not get rid of him, even for Paul.

ichitownclowni
12-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Can we plz stop with all these CP3 threads hell stop with all the threads in general can a mod combine these PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sixer04fan
12-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Gordon is a great, young player, but Paul is a once a decade type PG that you build a team around. No contest. If you can get CP3, you go ahead an get him.

Gram
12-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Can we plz stop with all these CP3 threads hell stop with all the threads in general can a mod combine these PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was actually meant to be a legitimate question. Lol. Now I got one a these whiners turning up, I figured they'd all gone to bed by now. lol.

ichitownclowni
12-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Ok you could have posted it in another thread no need to make more.

But actully I dont think he is he is 22 which is almost 5yrs younger that CP3 and has great potential

topdog
12-03-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm just wondering how everyone feels about this, because in a lot of Cp3 trade scenarios with the Clips I see Gordon as part of the deal. Is Cp3 really worth giving up a 22 year old Eric Gordon? I think he averaged a nice 23 points per game last year?

I myself wouldn't do that no matter how good Paul is. I understand Williams and Bledsoe are no Paul but from what I've seen of Eric Gordon, LA should not get rid of him, even for Paul.

Your title is confusing - it sounds like your asking the opposite i.e. why would the Hornets take Gordon for Paul.

Wouldn't do it. Too hard to find SGs these days.

Gram
12-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Your title is confusing - it sounds like your asking the opposite i.e. why would the Hornets take Gordon for Paul.

You could interprate it from both sides I guess.

MrfadeawayJB
12-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Gordon is a great, young player, but Paul is a once a decade type PG that you build a team around. No contest. If you can get CP3, you go ahead an get him.

I agree....despite the fact that Gordon is also a special player, If you pair Paul with Griffin you have a monster duo right there

bklynny67
12-03-2011, 12:27 AM
pretty ridiculous to me. most people think CP is a top 5 player in the entire NBA. Eric Gordan is not and just cuz he avg 23 ppg for 1 season doesn't make him too valuable to trade for Paul.

Paul is a much better all around player and would make the Clips a better team. Gordan is a better scorer, but thats it. kinda like Monta Ellis, scores a lot but any fan with half a brain would choose Paul over Ellis (except Warriors fans cuz they think he's God)

jrm2054
12-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Paul over Gordan no question

BradHolt4CYoung
12-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Think of it this way, Paul and Gordon both score about the same (career wise)

But Paul is a top passer/play maker in the game 10 assist per game type of guy who makes the guys around him look great.

CP3 is one of the best PGs ever.

itsripcity32
12-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Loooooooooool

itsripcity32
12-03-2011, 12:43 AM
This was actually meant to be a legitimate question. Lol. Now I got one a these whiners turning up, I figured they'd all gone to bed by now. lol.

Ok you could have posted it in another thread no need to make more.

But actully I dont think he is he is 22 which is almost 5yrs younger that CP3 and has great potential

lolololololo

Avenged
12-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Gordon is worth less than CP3.

mttwlsn16
12-03-2011, 12:45 AM
EJ=greatness

seikou8
12-03-2011, 12:53 AM
breaking new: chris paul is going to get a hair cut omg is it truth

meloman1592
12-03-2011, 12:58 AM
not even close...cp3 is waaayyyyyyyyyyyyy better

NJ Raven
12-03-2011, 01:05 AM
CP3 is better right now, but for how much longer? I wouldn't hate on the Clip if they wanted to keep one of the better two way SGs in the league.

seikou8
12-03-2011, 01:11 AM
CP3 is better right now, but for how much longer? I wouldn't hate on the Clip if they wanted to keep one of the better two way SGs in the league.

dont you know chris paul i geting a hair cut

Dolfan305
12-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Eric Gordon for CP3 is better than not trading him and letting him walk away for nothing after the season

PacersForLife
12-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Eric Gordon might not be in the category Chris Paul is in now and I don't know if he ever will be, but... I don't think they should give him up in trying to get Paul.

PacersForLife
12-03-2011, 01:17 AM
breaking new: chris paul is going to get a hair cut omg is it truth

I've heard such rumors. Is it true that he could also shave his beard?

OaklandsFinest
12-03-2011, 01:44 AM
I would keep Gordon and try and move other pieces. I would offer a Chris Kaman, Foye, and picks. That way New Orleans can stay competitive now, and the picks will help keep New Orleans competitive in the future... I would move Griffin for Howard and run a front court of Jordan and Howard out there.. They would become the only team in LA.

Cracka2HI!
12-03-2011, 02:58 AM
This could be a good thread. The title is bad, but I give props to non-Clipper fan for making a thread about CP3 to the Clipps. To start, Paul is WAY better than Gordon no matter how much I love kids game and upside! He'll never be as good as Paul. Any trade the Clipper made with New Orleans will cost more than just Gordan. That said the Clippers are not looking to trade Gordon at all. They might if they have too, but there is a ton of other pieces. Good ones! The 3 top pieces are Minny's pick, Gordon and Jordan. We will probably look to keep 2. I think the pick is probably the most valueable and the asset the team is dangling most.

My proposed trade to NO for Paul would be; Paul and Okafur for Williams, Kaman, Aminu, Bledsoe, Minny's #1 pick.

My Clippers give up almost everything they have besides their core but pick up the best PG in the league and a good starting Center. We also get to keep DeAndre Jordan(Blake Griffin's best friend) in this scenario. NO gets 2 2nd year guys who had good rookie seasons and showed flashes of greatness, the potential #1 overall pick(giving them 2 probable top 5 picks) and 2 players who we're all-stars in 2009 and 2010 respectively. Both players give them salary relief next offseason. I think that's the winner there. I wouldn't be surprised if we see that trade and no other big one's this offseason.

New Orleans or Orlando could not get more from anyone than the Clippers and the team would have enough left to contend for the title. Unlike teams like the Knicks and Nets.

AllBall
12-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Is Cp3 really worth giving up a 22 year old Eric Gordon?

Yes.

Cracka2HI!
12-03-2011, 03:29 AM
How about this?

Clippers get; Pual, Okafur, Ariza
Hornets get; Igudala, Williams, Aminu, Bledsoe, Minny's #1 pick
Sixers get; Kaman

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7o796ut

bholly
12-03-2011, 03:39 AM
^^ Pretty sure the Sixers FO isn't interested in Iggy for Kaman and nothing else. Philly fans certainly hate it.

Gagan136
12-03-2011, 04:00 AM
We talkin bout cp3, cmon i know gordon is good but man imo cp3 best PG by far, and if u can get him, u go get him

Raph12
12-03-2011, 04:23 AM
I pray the Clipps say no to CP3, we'll take him for a 1yr rental, no extension necessary...