NY-FLmagicknick
12-02-2011, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vt2tsROOFbY

LOOKS LIKE DWIGHT IS OUTTA HERE

        
12-02-2011, 11:32 PM
LA Clippers?

IndyRealist
12-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Can't wait until players can be fined for this again.

NY-FLmagicknick
12-02-2011, 11:34 PM
This explains why he wont recruit any players to Orlando , becaus he plans on leaving!!!

NY-FLmagicknick
12-02-2011, 11:37 PM
clippers or lakers??? thats easy i rather have laker players who have a championship pedigree in return for dwight.

Chill_Will_24
12-02-2011, 11:40 PM
He's not saying that he's hearing this from Dwight's own mouth. Of course he is hearing that. everyone and their grandmothers is hearing it. Its starting to become common knowledge that Dwight has checked out and that he dreams of playing for LA. This doesnt in anyway suggest Barnes has heard it from Dwight himself

Hellcrooner
12-02-2011, 11:41 PM
clippers or lakers??? thats easy i rather have laker players who have a championship pedigree in return for dwight.

the thing is, bynum is good but also has glass knees.

pau is on a gigantic contract .... and good enough to make magic keep being in the playoffs wich makes difficult to rebuild.

dont you feel a third party is needed?

someone willing to give up Expirings and youngsters for Gasol.

NBA_Starter
12-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Clippers :nod:

hgtiger32
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
i'm gonna laugh when barnes is part of the deal

MTar786
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
nice

Hellcrooner
12-02-2011, 11:44 PM

doubt it.

its gonna be ODOM ( in all cases) + Walton ( will retire and salary not count)

and either PAU or BYNUM, only one of them

and in exchange lakers will ahve to eat Turkoglu or Arenas.

Cano-Montero...
He's not saying that he's hearing this from Dwight's own mouth. Of course he is hearing that. everyone and their grandmothers is hearing it. Its starting to become common knowledge that Dwight has checked out and that he dreams of playing for LA. This doesnt in anyway suggest Barnes has heard it from Dwight himself

I think this will answer your question..

While Kupchak remained guarded with his answers, Lakers forward Matt Barnes was much more open when asked about the rumors surrounding his former teammate Howard.

"You know, I've been hearing Dwight. I've been hearing Baron [Davis]. I've been hearing stuff a lot lately," Barnes said. "I've talked to both of those guys and they want to be here, so we'll see what happens."

It's been speculated that the Cleveland Cavaliers will use its amnesty provision on the L.A.-native Davis and get out from the two years and approximately $28.7 million remaining on his contract.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7308313/gm-says-los-angeles-lakers-likely-limited-free-agency-cba

DR_1

:laugh2:

MTar786
12-02-2011, 11:45 PM

barnes wont be part of the deal. His contract is too small to be a filler and why would orlando want another player of age? theyd rather take caracter before barnes even lol.

ichitownclowni
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM
He is not hearing this from dwight

MTar786
12-02-2011, 11:48 PM
doubt it.

its gonna be ODOM ( in all cases) + Walton ( will retire and salary not count)

and either PAU or BYNUM, only one of them

and in exchange lakers will ahve to eat Turkoglu or Arenas.

turk, nelson and dwight
for
bynum, walton (retires saving orlando 5.5mil instantly), odom, blake, cash and 2 first round picks

NBA_Starter
12-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Barnes knows nothing

Bruno
12-02-2011, 11:56 PM
It's been lookin' like this for a while. Howard wants to be a Laker, only question is, will the Orlando front office allow it to happen. Who can match the Lakers package, and provide a big market/championship pieces after making such a trade. Only two options IMO, LA and Chicago, and there are a lot more clues suggesting he'd rather be in LA than there are in favor of Chicago. Apparently he likes Dallas, but no way can they match a LAL or Chicago package. Howards gona be a Laker.

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 12:01 AM
turk, nelson and dwight
for
bynum, walton (retires saving orlando 5.5mil instantly), odom, blake, cash and 2 first round picks

Btw Puke wont retire..read it from somewhere and he tells the interviewer he is in good condition...

Best package LA can offer Dwight is

Bynum., Odom., Ebanks and picks

for Dwight and Turk..Oh and they will amnesty Arenas anyway..

for further enticemenent (seperate deal)

Duhon for sasha's TPE..

yiformvp
12-03-2011, 12:10 AM
dwight will be throwing up the rock in a yearr...... brooooookllllyn STAND UP

RevisIsland
12-03-2011, 12:25 AM
It'll be really interesting to see what Orlando does, this isn't like LeBron in 2010, they KNOW he's gone.

Greet
12-03-2011, 12:28 AM
It's been lookin' like this for a while. Howard wants to be a Laker, only question is, will the Orlando front office allow it to happen. Who can match the Lakers package, and provide a big market/championship pieces after making such a trade. Only two options IMO, LA and Chicago, and there are a lot more clues suggesting he'd rather be in LA than there are in favor of Chicago. Apparently he likes Dallas, but no way can they match a LAL or Chicago package. Howards gona be a Laker.

Are you serious? I hate when people keep saying this -- The Lakers offer for Howard SUCKS.

JordansBulls
12-03-2011, 12:29 AM
I don't understand what the arguable best player in the league would want to go to a team that has a proven winner already that is still top 5-7 in the league that has league and finals mvp. At least with Kareem, Shaq when they went to LA they were the established players on the team and the megastar.

Wade>You
12-03-2011, 12:31 AM
I believe him.

*Superman*
12-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Of course he ISN'T going to say he is staying. He hates Otis and the Magic FO for not even offering him a contract. Otis dissed him for talking about his contract status on twitter.

Avenged
12-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Well Barnes said he's talked to Dwight and said that he wants to play for L.A. I don't see why he would lie. It's not up to Dwight though, Orlando will do what's best for them.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 12:37 AM
I think this will answer your question..

While Kupchak remained guarded with his answers, Lakers forward Matt Barnes was much more open when asked about the rumors surrounding his former teammate Howard.

"You know, I've been hearing Dwight. I've been hearing Baron [Davis]. I've been hearing stuff a lot lately," Barnes said. "I've talked to both of those guys and they want to be here, so we'll see what happens."

It's been speculated that the Cleveland Cavaliers will use its amnesty provision on the L.A.-native Davis and get out from the two years and approximately $28.7 million remaining on his contract.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7308313/gm-says-los-angeles-lakers-likely-limited-free-agency-cba

Ok so what part of that suggests he heard anything that we havent. Everyone is hearing Dwight is rumored to wanna go to the Lakers

BradHolt4CYoung
12-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Well Barnes said he's talked to Dwight and said that he wants to play for L.A. I don't see why he would lie. It's not up to Dwight though, Orlando will do what's best for them.

exactly, I see no reason why if the Nets offer Lopez, Farmar + picks that the Magic would not take it, it's best for the team if they wanna rebuild.

And from the Nets standpoint I see no reason why Dwight wouldn't resign with them. It's not like he is a superstar who would be stuck playing in Milwaukee...he would be going to BROOKLYN NEW YORK with DERON WILLIAMS.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 12:44 AM
exactly, I see no reason why if the Nets offer Lopez, Farmar + picks that the Magic would not take it, it's best for the team if they wanna rebuild.

And from the Nets standpoint I see no reason why Dwight wouldn't resign with them. It's not like he is a superstar who would be stuck playing in Milwaukee...he would be going to BROOKLYN NEW YORK with DERON WILLIAMS.

What does this have to do with what you responded to?

This thread is not about Brooklyn.

MrfadeawayJB
12-03-2011, 12:46 AM
LA is one of the few teams that can put together a good package for Dwight, so no suprise here

seikou8
12-03-2011, 12:50 AM
breaking news: dwight howard is going to mcdonald tommrow omg someone get camera
he said he is taking his talents to mcdonald on espn the new big 3 the clown ,the fat customer and dwight

oak2455
12-03-2011, 12:50 AM

they can trade him to Cleveland, won't matter he'll sign with who he wants to play for:eyebrow:

king4day
12-03-2011, 12:51 AM
If I were him, I'd go to the Clips. He never had a PF like Griffin. That team is far younger and can play together for years to get the chemistry. He could be the face of the first Clippers championship.

THE GIPPER
12-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Bad choice for dwight if this is true. Kobe is past his prime and will only get worse. Doesn't make sense from a basketball point of view when he could go to teams like chi/brooklyn/okc/LAC who would be competitive for the next 7 years or more.

Avenged
12-03-2011, 12:53 AM
they can trade him to Cleveland, won't matter he'll sign with who he wants to play for:eyebrow:

Not unless he's willing to take a major pay cut.

Wade>You
12-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Any team in the West would be great for Dwight, but if the Clips could pull off CP3 and Howard w/o giving up Blake, that should be his first choice.

BigCityofDreams
12-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Bad choice for dwight if this is true. Kobe is past his prime and will only get worse. Doesn't make sense from a basketball point of view when he could go to teams like chi/brooklyn/okc/LAC who would be competitive for the next 7 years or more.

The Lakers will do what they have to in order to put a competitive team around their stars. The idea is to win a ring or 2 win Kobe on the outside of his prime and then transition to Dwight being the main man in the organization.

oak2455
12-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Not unless he's willing to take a major pay cut.

do we know how much he loses??

Cal827
12-03-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm going to laugh if Otis tells him to **** off and ****blocks Howard's goal to go to the Lakers by just holding onto him until free agency, and allowing the team to undergo a complete rebuild rather than get players that put them in limbo for another 5 years.

Cal827
12-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Any team in the West would be great for Dwight, but if the Clips could pull off CP3 and Howard w/o giving up Blake, that should be his first choice.

You see, this is what I don't understand... the Clippers can send out prospects (Bledsoe, Aminu, Gordon two likely very high picks in a loaded 2012 draft), for one of them, then sign the other one in the offseason (Hell, if they wait to sign Gordon, they can keep him too). It's in a huge market (even with a ******* owner), I can't imagine how glorified a Lakers/Clippers match up would be until Kobe Retires : Paul-Griffin-Howard vs Bryant-Gasol-Bynum.

I just would think that both would jump on this idea.

masTOR_shake1
12-03-2011, 01:20 AM
dwight is a ***

Dade County
12-03-2011, 01:21 AM
All this clipper love...... it's not going to happen. I can understand if the clippers drafted a star player, and that player stayed their trying to make the Clippers a title winning team... But you guys are aspecting big time free agents to sign their and try to change the losing culture their:confused:

OKC needs to step in, and make a move on Howard.

N.O needs to do something to get their hands on Howard.

I think this is the only team that should take that gamble, on trading for Howard with out knowing if he will resign with them ( I don't like it, but maybe playing with Cp3 will convince him to stay)

Like I said I think N.O is the only team that can pull that off (because of Cp3) Once again... i don't like doing business that way.

Dade County
12-03-2011, 01:25 AM
dwight is a ***

Why, because he is going to be a free agent after this season, or their are no rumors about him going to Toronto?........ smh

*Superman*
12-03-2011, 01:26 AM
All this clipper love...... it's not going to happen. I can understand if the clippers drafted a star player, and that player stayed their trying to make the Clippers a title winning team... But you guys are aspecting big time free agents to sign their and try to change the losing culture their:confused:

OKC needs to step in, and make a move on Howard.

N.O needs to do something to get their hands on Howard.

I think this is the only team that should take that gamble, on trading for Howard with out knowing if he will resign with them ( I don't like it, but maybe playing with Cp3 will convince him to stay)

Like I said I think N.O is the only team that can pull that off (because of Cp3) Once again... i don't like doing business that way.

Easier for CP3 to come to the Magic then it would be for us to trade Dwight there.

CP has said he isn't going to stick around, Howard hasn't.

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Ok so what part of that suggests he heard anything that we havent. Everyone is hearing Dwight is rumored to wanna go to the Lakers

"He's not saying that he's hearing this from Dwight's own mouth. Of course he is hearing that. everyone and their grandmothers is hearing it. Its starting to become common knowledge that Dwight has checked out and that he dreams of playing for LA. This doesnt in anyway suggest Barnes has heard it from Dwight himself"

LMAO...don't know what your problem is...
I'm replying to your own post..

so now that their is proof Barnes have talk to him you discredit that and then tell me we haven't heard thatbefore..For CHrist sake you seem to be worried...They are both NBA players and were past teammates, its not impossible they talk to each other..lol

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm going to laugh if Otis tells him to **** off and ****blocks Howard's goal to go to the Lakers by just holding onto him until free agency, and allowing the team to undergo a complete rebuild rather than get players that put them in limbo for another 5 years.

Really? so if he trades Dwight to LA the magic will be in Limbo? lol

I did not know anyone on that LA package is signed for more than 2 years...Hell even Kobe and Gasol is only signed for 3 more years..Don't know where you get that idea...

Dade County
12-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Easier for CP3 to come to the Magic then it would be for us to trade Dwight there.

CP has said he isn't going to stick around, Howard hasn't.

This is fine with me ( team florida from the win...lol)

The Magic do have that new arena.

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 01:35 AM

Actually the Lakers are structure to be competitive for the next 7 years also...

Kobe,Gasol and etc has 3 more years left on their contract... If indeed Dwight lands with LA he also will have a very bright future.. When Kobe and Pau retires after 3 years.. Dwight will be the man in LA and he will have about 37-40 mil in capspace depending on the salary cap by that time...

And guess who will be some of the FA by that time....check it out..

to name a couple..one is in Miami and another in NY.. they have ETO by that time...not impossible they join D12 in LA if things dont work out with their current team..

DRose7
12-03-2011, 01:38 AM

Lmao Dallas has a much better package than LAL and Chi...LAL only has injury prone bynum, and gasols soft ***, everybody else sucks baddd.

Dallas can use marion, butler*, roddy B (young talent), Stevenson, JJB*, Chandler*, Fernandez, Crewer, Haywood. Plus draft picks....Please put up a better offer than that from the laks or bulls...haha you tooo funny

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Like I said as of now... I see 3 potential team who can land Dwight via trade..
Nets.,Lakers and OKC (having the best package but no idea if Dwight wants it there)..

with regards to picks I dont see a big difference with the Lakers and Nets offer.. The Rockets pick is top 14 protected for 4 or 5 more years and if indeed the rockets will make the playoffs the pick will be a mid 1st rounder.. If the Magic decides to trade Dwight before the season started the team he is going to will have a high draft pick anyway..probably 25-30.. And I really think the magic will insist on trading 2 bad contracts...Turk plus another..

As of know i see this 3 teams landing dwight..

For Nets:
Brook., 2 first rounders and probably their 1st rounder this year
for
Dwight, Turk and maybe another bad contract like Duhon..
(not quite sure if nets will be able to take that on...since exact salary cap for this year is not yet set..duhon is earning close to 3.5 mil)
Also put in mind Brook will be a RFA next year.. If indeed he is that good as per say by other here it will not be out of the question that a team will offer him a salary north of 10 million.. lots of team will have cap space next year..

For the Lakers:
Bynum...,Odom,Ebanks fillers and 2 1st rounders
for
Dwight and Turk..
Also in a seperate deal they can take Duhon's contract via the TE in sasha deal..its 5.6 mil..
Remember Bynum and Odom's contract for next year are team option..

Lastly for OKC
Westbrook...Harden...Ibaka, 2 first rounders and Mohamad's and Nate's expiring contract
for
Dwight., Turk and Duhon...

For me if Dwight put OKC on his list Magic should jump all over it..

DLCK
12-03-2011, 01:53 AM
i think the point everyones missing or i should say the ones who dont want him to go to LA.He wants to go where he will win immediately.Why would he want to go anywhere else and be competitive when he has that now in Orlando?He wants to win now.Yes NJ Clips Chicago can be teams ready for a long playoff run with Dwight but no guarentee in dwights eyes that they can be winners. Or else he would be leaking info he wants to go there.Hes said to people around him he wants to go to LA and he said the one superstar hed want to play with is Kobe.Dont see how this would go any other way other then him just staying in Orlando.Lakers or MAgic or bust

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Lmao Dallas has a much better package than LAL and Chi...LAL only has injury prone bynum, and gasols soft ***, everybody else sucks baddd.

Dallas can use marion, butler*, roddy B (young talent), Stevenson, JJB*, Chandler*, Fernandez, Crewer, Haywood. Plus draft picks....Please put up a better offer than that from the laks or bulls...haha you tooo funny

o tell you the truth you are worse..If you wanna bash a good poster like him try to at least do it with better reasoning..

CHandler and Butler are FA.. same goes for Barea..we have no clue if they are coming back...Haywood will probably be gone via the amnesty. Marion is old..
And who the hell is crewer? lmao... The best assest dallas has is Roddy B, their draft picks this year and future 1st rounder... that is why I like OKC chances.

abe_froman
12-03-2011, 02:00 AM
its gonna be the lakers,i been saying it for awhile

Evolution23
12-03-2011, 02:03 AM
I always knew Dwight would go to the LA (Lakers). Clippers will always be the 2nd tier team in LA.

C-Style
12-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Mikan
Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
Dwight

This guy wants to be part of something special.

iggypop123
12-03-2011, 02:16 AM

the new cba forces you to spend a certain percentage of your cap space. so they wouldnt get to rebuild the way you want which is next years cap space to lure free agents in 2013 since obviously in 2012 there is nothing out that would come to orlando. unless they plan on signing some scrub to a 20 million contract for 1 year to bridge the gap. would be funny. it seems to me any trade with teh lakers ahd the magic will require a third team to avoid your limbo thing. but it is not realistic to be stubborn and let your ego enter this and just say no ill just let him go in the offseason.

rapjuicer06
12-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Dwight will not be a Laker. Book it

shep33
12-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Like I said as of now... I see 3 potential team who can land Dwight via trade..
Nets.,Lakers and OKC (having the best package but no idea if Dwight wants it there)..

with regards to picks I dont see a big difference with the Lakers and Nets offer.. The Rockets pick is top 14 protected for 4 or 5 more years and if indeed the rockets will make the playoffs the pick will be a mid 1st rounder.. If the Magic decides to trade Dwight before the season started the team he is going to will have a high draft pick anyway..probably 25-30.. And I really think the magic will insist on trading 2 bad contracts...Turk plus another..

As of know i see this 3 teams landing dwight..

For Nets:
Brook., 2 first rounders and probably their 1st rounder this year
for
Dwight, Turk and maybe another bad contract like Duhon..
(not quite sure if nets will be able to take that on...since exact salary cap for this year is not yet set..duhon is earning close to 3.5 mil)
Also put in mind Brook will be a RFA next year.. If indeed he is that good as per say by other here it will not be out of the question that a team will offer him a salary north of 10 million.. lots of team will have cap space next year..

For the Lakers:
Bynum...,Odom,Ebanks fillers and 2 1st rounders
for
Dwight and Turk..
Also in a seperate deal they can take Duhon's contract via the TE in sasha deal..its 5.6 mil..
Remember Bynum and Odom's contract for next year are team option..

Lastly for OKC
Westbrook...Harden...Ibaka, 2 first rounders and Mohamad's and Nate's expiring contract
for
Dwight., Turk and Duhon...

For me if Dwight put OKC on his list Magic should jump all over it..

great points. I think what's most attractive about the Laker deal is that both Odom and Bynum have a team option in 2012. Now if Orlando can somehow get Hedo into the deal, and then amnesty Gil, they will be in a scenario where they can just start fresh. People forget that this team was the 3rd highest paid last year I believe, with a lot of bad contracts. If they get rid of Gil (amnesty) and Turk (trade) then get Bynum and Odom's (team option), they will get out of one big jam that I thought would've been impossible

JDMVP
12-03-2011, 02:59 AM
If im Otis Smith ryt now, I'll trade Dwight and somehow get Hedo to that Laker deal after that tank the season get a chance to get Anthony Davis. Almost forgot amnesty Gil. That would be a pretty good starting block to rebuild.
Andrew Bynum then if they could get Anthony Davis man that would not be bad at for Orlando.

Cal827
12-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Really? so if he trades Dwight to LA the magic will be in Limbo? lol

I did not know anyone on that LA package is signed for more than 2 years...Hell even Kobe and Gasol is only signed for 3 more years..Don't know where you get that idea...

Ok my bad, 2-3 years... but the point is that this upcoming draft is loaded... with how the NBA is talking, the draft in two years might be quite weak (as the 20+ rule might start then), so why not obtain picks from this year's draft.. there are others that will give up high picks (e.g. Clippers)?

last stand
12-03-2011, 04:17 AM
why does dwight want to be a laker. proven winner. end of discussion. talk in circles all you want but dallas is losing tyson chandler and who do they have to trade. they have no young players of any worth.

the nets? lol. first teams don't trade superstars within conference. look at the history of trades. also look further into it. chris paul is going to new york after this season. why would dwight go to the nets who will have to scrap their whole team outside of deron williams. it'll be deron williams and howard while miami and new york have already had their core and building around it. miami and new york would be a 2 years and a year ahead of the brooklyn nets in team building. dwight would never even have a chance at a ring as a duo doesn't beat trios.

clippers. same thing. him and blake griffin are similar players offensively they wouldn't come close to co-existing. also clippers would have to give up all of their perimeter players. teams would just keep everyone inside. and its the clippers.

Lakers make the most sense. bynum is a safe bet. he's 24 and widely considered the leagues #2 center. they have the greatest big man compliment in history in kobe bryant who is a proven winner, they will get to keep pau and pretty much all of their role players. it'll basically be dwight walking into a team that won 2 championships only a year ago. also its the lakers. the team every player would love to be the star of and play for. if kobe wasn't a laker you don't think lebron or wade would want to be a laker. the banners, the rings, the lifestyle, leonardo dicaprio, denzel washington, jack, andy garcia and whichever star decides to join the laker game. high fiving these people. having the opportunity to be in movies and music videos. did anyone know shannon brown before becoming a laker? were ron artest and shannon brown regulars in music videos before becoming lakers?

Lakers have the best offer and the best other things to offer. also they are the only team in the running to have multiple rings and the ability to accept howard without gutting their team

Zefflin
12-03-2011, 04:29 AM
If the Lakers get D12 Kobe will beat Bill Russels record lol awesome

Lakers + Giants
12-03-2011, 05:45 AM

Odom and bynum'as contract both expire after this year. How is 1 year 5 years?

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Ok my bad, 2-3 years... but the point is that this upcoming draft is loaded... with how the NBA is talking, the draft in two years might be quite weak (as the 20+ rule might start then), so why not obtain picks from this year's draft.. there are others that will give up high picks (e.g. Clippers)?

did you know that the Nets other pick which is from the rockets is top 14 protected for the next 4 or 5 years...SO meaning if the rockets end up in the lotto for the next few years nets wont get that pick...If indeed the rockets make the playoffs that pick will be traded to the nets and will end up as a mid 1st rounder between 16-24.. I dont see the rockets finishing top 6 in all of NBA..
As for the nets own pick if Dwight is traded to them they will surely be one of the top 5 teams and meaning a late 1st rounder..so the picks for next years draft is not that big of a difference in my own opinion coz we all know that mid to late first rounders are hard to predict...unlike the top 10 players who are sure fire stars..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 06:16 AM

could you say: horrible:laugh2:

dude you dont know what are you talking about

naps
12-03-2011, 06:31 AM
I don't understand what the arguable best player in the league would want to go to a team that has a proven winner already that is still top 5-7 in the league that has league and finals mvp. At least with Kareem, Shaq when they went to LA they were the established players on the team and the megastar.

JB does it again with his flawed logic. I also think Howard won't choose Lakers but not for the reasons you mentioned. Your reasons are actually enticing for a player to wanting to go there.

naps
12-03-2011, 06:35 AM

WRONG.

Orlando has absolutely ZERO leverage here. It's 100% up to Dwight. All it takes for Dwight is that "I am not signing the extension," and there's no way any team gives up their assets and takes Dwight for rental. He's landing where he wants to land and that could be LA too.

naps
12-03-2011, 06:41 AM

naps
12-03-2011, 06:50 AM
If im Otis Smith ryt now, I'll trade Dwight and somehow get Hedo to that Laker deal after that tank the season get a chance to get Anthony Davis. Almost forgot amnesty Gil. That would be a pretty good starting block to rebuild.
Andrew Bynum then if they could get Anthony Davis man that would not be bad at for Orlando.

Don't lie. You wouldn't do that if you were Otis when there will be much better offers out there than Andrew "glassknee" Bynum.

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:19 AM
False. Dwight has made it clear he wants to go to LA and Bynum is actually one of the best players they can get. Better offers? Lol nope. Nets offer sucks and they are in the east. Mavs have nothing to offer. And well dwight has pretty much made it clear the purple and gold are the object of his affection

DRose7
12-03-2011, 11:44 AM
could you say: horrible:laugh2:

dude you dont know what are you talking about

...And there gonna trade him to LA for whooo again?

Bynum/ Gasol (both of who's values have decreased greatly)

Fisher, artest, matt barnes, Steve blake, brown? :eyebrow: that has to be the worst package in history!

Odom is really the only true value, but hes 32 (really dont see him being traded or LAL would be doomed for failure)

Whatever package they would use to get him still wouldnt make LAL win this year -- too many missing pieces would be left unfilled

DRose7
12-03-2011, 11:58 AM
o tell you the truth you are worse..If you wanna bash a good poster like him try to at least do it with better reasoning..

CHandler and Butler are FA.. same goes for Barea..we have no clue if they are coming back...Haywood will probably be gone via the amnesty. Marion is old..
And who the hell is crewer? lmao... The best assest dallas has is Roddy B, their draft picks this year and future 1st rounder... that is why I like OKC chances.

Bashing? Stop ya bloodclat whinning, we all men here (for the most part), stop tryna add feelings into the forum lol...no need to bitcch, just gave my input

OKC? their assets might make sense, but no wayyy Dwight would ever fit on that team, thats part of the reason Perkins is kinda sucking now...Dont see OKC pushing hard for him either, he'll just slow that young team down, esp since they dont have a true point (No offense brook)

Haywood is not leaving via ammesty, hes over paid, but he put in work last season (last half). and I know theyre free agents, hence the asterisks (*)...and if were talking about old players then we might as well skip LA completely... and Brewer

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 12:03 PM
WRONG.

Orlando has absolutely ZERO leverage here. It's 100% up to Dwight. All it takes for Dwight is that "I am not signing the extension," and there's no way any team gives up their assets and takes Dwight for rental. He's landing where he wants to land and that could be LA too.

Nets would take Dwight without an ext

They are convinced that getting Dwight convinces Deron to stay and playing with Deron will entice Dwight to commit

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 12:04 PM
...And there gonna trade him to LA for whooo again?

Bynum/ Gasol (both of who's values have decreased greatly)

Fisher, artest, matt barnes, Steve blake, brown? :eyebrow: that has to be the worst package in history!

Odom is really the only true value, but hes 32 (really dont see him being traded or LAL would be doomed for failure)

Whatever package they would use to get him still wouldnt make LAL win this year -- too many missing pieces would be left unfilled

This deserves a facepalm smh.

Of all the teams LA has the best package to offer period. u are probably a hater or on crack if you think odumb is our most valuable piece lmao:laugh2:

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 12:08 PM
This deserves a facepalm smh.

Of all the teams LA has the best package to offer period. u are probably a hater or on crack if you think odumb is our most valuable piece lmao:laugh2:

Why do Lakers fans not understand that ORL doesnt want to compete for a 10th seed for the next 5 years. If they trade Dwight, they will rebuild. Meaning trading for cap space and young low risk high reward players

Avenged
12-03-2011, 12:22 PM
WRONG.

Not really. Dwight can come out and say "Trade me to the Nets" and it doesn't mean the Magic will do it. If it was 100% up to Dwight to decide where he wants to play he would not be a Magic right now. I think their are a few teams who would take on Dwight despite the guaranteed extension just because the value in players for him isn't really high (at least not what these rumors are suggesting). Teams like the Lakers alleged offer which includes Bynum for Dwight.. Dwight is obviously worth more but the Magic might not get it. Teams like the Nets who are rumored to offer Lopez and some fillers, that deal sucks but it might just be enough to get it done.

When the Nets have a top 10 player already, the risk might be worth it because there's a high chance to convince Dwight to sign. Sometimes it's even best to stick with your superstar instead of trading him for players who aren't near his level. At least they'll still be able to sells seats, merchandise, their player will make the all-star team, more national coverage etc..

futureman
12-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Why do Lakers fans not understand that ORL doesnt want to compete for a 10th seed for the next 5 years. If they trade Dwight, they will rebuild. Meaning trading for cap space and young low risk high reward players

Words of wisdom. Idiot laker fans think their junk is worth gold.

futureman
12-03-2011, 01:27 PM
False. Dwight has made it clear he wants to go to LA and Bynum is actually one of the best players they can get. Better offers? Lol nope. Nets offer sucks and they are in the east. Mavs have nothing to offer. And well dwight has pretty much made it clear the purple and gold are the object of his affection

The nets are offering a center who hasn't missed a game and rebuilding pieces for the future. Lakers are offering an overrated jack **** player that can't stay healthy.

BigCityofDreams
12-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Somehow Andrew Bynum is now considered the worst player in NBA history.

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 01:55 PM

Gotta agree with you...:clap::clap::clap:

Everybody seems to hate him and is probably scared that he can land Dwight howard...

Cano-Montero...
12-03-2011, 01:56 PM
The nets are offering a center who hasn't missed a game and rebuilding pieces for the future. Lakers are offering an overrated jack **** player that can't stay healthy.

rebuilding pieces for the future? might as well check on that... 1 late 1st rounder? same as LA can offer and probably an uncertain mid 1st rounder which is not sure when to arrive..yeah very good pieces for the future...lmao

and Bynum is not overrated even a net fan admit he is better than Brook..Only downfall is injury...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-03-2011, 01:59 PM

you mean nets are offering a C who doesnt know how to rebound:facepalm:

BigCityofDreams
12-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Gotta agree with you...:clap::clap::clap:

Everybody seems to hate him and is probably scared that he can land Dwight howard...

That's what it seems like. Don't get me wrong he has his faults. He has been injury prone and there are times when he's tentative on the court but maybe that's because he plays with Kobe and Pau. with that beong said go through these threads and you think he's Shawn Bradley. A majority of Laker fans are realistic when it comes to Bynum. He is talented but still has a ways to go to be considered a top player in the league. There are only a couple of Laker fans that overrate him and I don't think they even post in the NBA forum.

C-Style
12-03-2011, 03:11 PM

but just last yr he was a huuuge part of Kobes success

LA_Raiders
12-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Im getting tired of this. I hope Dwight gets traded or signs a contract with Orlando Soon...

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 04:55 PM
you mean nets are offering a C who doesnt know how to rebound:facepalm:

Hmmm

Brook Lopez- Doesnt know how to rebound

Andrew Bynum- Doesnt know how not to break his glass knees

Which is less risky? Hmmm

Ill take Bynum.. he is very skilled and can dominate during the 8 games he will play.

natedogg74
12-03-2011, 05:01 PM
they can trade him to the bulls they actually hav the pieces to give orlando noah,taj,and some picks

Dade County
12-03-2011, 05:04 PM
they can trade him to the bulls they actually hav the pieces to give orlando noah,taj,and some picks

You forgot to put rose in the trade..... Thank You!

Dade County
12-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Im getting tired of this. I hope Dwight gets traded or signs a contract with Orlando Soon...

Agreed!

BigCityofDreams
12-03-2011, 05:14 PM
but just last yr he was a huuuge part of Kobes success

Crazy isn't it. Just last yr he was bailed out by his big men lol.

Supreme LA
12-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Why are some fans ignorant enough to think Dwight coming to LA and playing with an aging Kobe would be a poor career choice? Kobe is not going anywhere any time soon and there is no better player to play with if you're a big man of Dwight's talent. Kobe has proven his success winning 3 straight titles with Shaw. I personally think Dwight has the confidence in Kobe and the Laker organization. There are no guarantees anywhere he goes, but the chance of him winning a title now is best in LA. Sure he can play with Rose and Deron but that doesn't convince me that they will be able to compete with the Heat. Sounds nice on paper, but Kobe is the player with all the intangibles and experience to be a champion.

LA is a great organization for big men as well, not to mention the best market for a bright and funny person like Dwight. I'm not gonna get my hopes up because I'm still confident in our team being able to contend without Dwight. If it does happen, I don't think it would be a good idea to include Odom in the package.

Bruno
12-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Are you serious? I hate when people keep saying this -- The Lakers offer for Howard SUCKS.

lol, sorry man. IMO Otis makes a brilliant move to bring in CP3 or another all-star/super star type player and Dwight resigns, or he's traded. The Lakers package is as good as any. It is extremely flexible due to the contracts/talent of Odom and Bynum.

gotta disagree with you man, I think that package is pretty horrible. half those players are free agents.

Haywoods amnesty can not be used by Orlando if he is traded, and his contract is an example of as to why we had the lock out in the first place. As of right now Haywood will be making about 35 million dollars through 2015 :laugh2: No way is he not amnestied, he will not be included in a potential trade for Dwight. If he isn't, no way does ORL take him on. Theyre trying to release a bad contract with Dwight, not take another one on.

Chandler is a free agent and is asking for a salary higher than Bynums, according to recent reports.

Fernandez was just traded to Dallas, he is not yet an eligible trade piece (i'm pretty sure, unless that rule changed under the new CBA)

Butler is coming off serious injury/is a free agent.

Marion will be 34 by this years playoffs, and is due 24 million dollars though 2014. theres nothing enticing about paying a 35 year old wing 9 million dollars, especially under the new CBA (compounded luxury tax).

Howard will not be a Maverick.

Words of wisdom. Idiot laker fans think their junk is worth gold.

you guys should at least research your information before calling out an entire fan base.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom both have team options for the 2012-2013 NBA season. click on the link, that's why their salaries are in red for that season. that means that if Orlando chooses to rebuild, bynums 16.4 million dollar contract comes off the book and he becomes a FA, and Odoms 8.2 million dollar contract comes off the book. That's 24.4 million dollars off the books starting after this years post season if Orlando chooses.

You combine the fact that LA will take on Turks or Gil's horrible contract and that equates to 44-45 or 34-35 million dollars worth of free cap space for Orlando, starting as early as the start of next season. No other team can give Orlando that kind of contractual flexibility when it comes to rebuiling post-dwight.

In the mean time, they still have a starting lineup of:
Bynum
Odom
Turk?/Jrich
J Rich/Redick
Nelson/Arenas?

That team will make the playoffs in the east, and you keep fans in the stands until you decided whether or not you wana rebuild.

Honestly, I'd be pissed too everybody. we were all under the assumption that the lockout was supposed to prevent stuff like this from happening (*two year window). but you can't ignore the fact that the stars are aligned on this one. LAs package offers as much talent as anyones, and it offers the most contractual flexibility for the Magic.

last stand
12-03-2011, 06:03 PM
^^^wow and now close the thread because there was so much logic in that post that its pretty safe to say there is no need to argue against it because you will lose.

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
lol, sorry man. IMO Otis makes a brilliant move to bring in CP3 or another all-star/super star type player and Dwight resigns, or he's traded. The Lakers package is as good as any. It is extremely flexible due to the contracts/talent of Odom and Bynum.

gotta disagree with you man, I think that package is pretty horrible. half those players are free agents.

Haywoods amnesty can not be used by Orlando if he is traded, and his contract is an example of as to why we had the lock out in the first place. As of right now Haywood will be making about 35 million dollars through 2015 :laugh2: No way is he not amnestied, he will not be included in a potential trade for Dwight. If he isn't, no way does ORL take him on. Theyre trying to release a bad contract with Dwight, not take another one on.

Chandler is a free agent and is asking for a salary higher than Bynums, according to recent reports.

Fernandez was just traded to Dallas, he is not yet an eligible trade piece (i'm pretty sure, unless that rule changed under the new CBA)

Butler is coming off serious injury/is a free agent.

Marion will be 34 by this years playoffs, and is due 24 million dollars though 2014. theres nothing enticing about paying a 35 year old wing 9 million dollars, especially under the new CBA (compounded luxury tax).

Howard will not be a Maverick.

you guys should at least research your information before calling out an entire fan base.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom both have team options for the 2012-2013 NBA season. click on the link, that's why their salaries are in red for that season. that means that if Orlando chooses to rebuild, bynums 16.4 million dollar contract comes off the book and he becomes a FA, and Odoms 8.2 million dollar contract comes off the book. That's 24.4 million dollars off the books starting after this years post season if Orlando chooses.

You combine the fact that LA will take on Turks or Gil's horrible contract and that equates to 44-45 or 34-35 million dollars worth of free cap space for Orlando, starting as early as the start of next season. No other team can give Orlando that kind of contractual flexibility when it comes to rebuiling post-dwight.

In the mean time, they still have a starting lineup of:
Bynum
Odom
Turk?/Jrich
J Rich/Redick
Nelson/Arenas?

That team will make the playoffs in the east, and you keep fans in the stands until you decided whether or not you wana rebuild.

Honestly, I'd be pissed too everybody. we were all under the assumption that the lockout was supposed to prevent stuff like this from happening. but you can't ignore the fact that the start are aligned on this one. LAs package offers as much talent as anyones, and it offers the most contractual flexibility for the Magic.

You misunderstand. ORL will want a piece of that 2012 draft cake.. what can Odom+Bynum do to help them in that?

Bynum and Odom are good pieces that will help them fight for that 8th spot range. Thats counter productive to a rebuilding team. They should want to be in the bottom 5 of the league if they lose Dwight cuz of how star heavy this 20122 draft is looking

last stand
12-03-2011, 06:10 PM
bynum is a 24 year old 7 foot center who has averaged 20ppg 10rpg any time pau gasol is not in the lineup. he has injury issues but has a special knee brace that kept him from losing any game time last season once he recovered from surgery

more importantly bynum can flat out be let go after 1 year if they aren't happy or kept with a team option if they are happy. bynum if healthy is better than anyone in this upcoming draft. he's only 2-3 years older but has proven he can put up 20 and 10 as the feature post option.

odom is easily traded. once he's able to be traded anyone will take him. san antonio, boston, you name it odom's contract is easily tradeable.

whats better a top 5 pick with bynum, or a top 5 pick without him. not to mention there is a lottery and 0 guarantee that the team with the worst record will get #1. in fact wasn't cleveland the first worst team to get #1 in years

Punk
12-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Why are some fans ignorant enough to think Dwight coming to LA and playing with an aging Kobe would be a poor career choice? Kobe is not going anywhere any time soon and there is no better player to play with if you're a big man of Dwight's talent. Kobe has proven his success winning 3 straight titles with Shaw. I personally think Dwight has the confidence in Kobe and the Laker organization. There are no guarantees anywhere he goes, but the chance of him winning a title now is best in LA. Sure he can play with Rose and Deron but that doesn't convince me that they will be able to compete with the Heat. Sounds nice on paper, but Kobe is the player with all the intangibles and experience to be a champion.

LA is a great organization for big men as well, not to mention the best market for a bright and funny person like Dwight. I'm not gonna get my hopes up because I'm still confident in our team being able to contend without Dwight. If it does happen, I don't think it would be a good idea to include Odom in the package.

Now, do you feel our pain with the Chris Paul stuff?

The only thing I would say is Dwight being in the LAL would ruin his legacy because he gets compared to Shaq already and he would be basically following in his footsteps which is why a team like Dallas could raise his legacy higher but it's all up to him. He might be okay with that but It still would give him a 90% better shot at a ring.

Bruno
12-03-2011, 06:23 PM
You misunderstand. ORL will want a piece of that 2012 draft cake.. what can Odom+Bynum do to help them in that?

Bynum and Odom are good pieces that will help them fight for that 8th spot range. Thats counter productive to a rebuilding team. They should want to be in the bottom 5 of the league if they lose Dwight cuz of how star heavy this 20122 draft is looking

I understand, I just disagree in regards to priority. landing a high pick in 2013 is secondary to clearing the books.

I'm sure they'll want a high draft pick, everyone would love one. But there is no point in landing a high draft pick (in the hopes of rebuilding) if the rest of your roster is still bloated with enormous contracts (Gilbert and Arenas combining for 30 million next year). If Dwight leaves, Orlando won't be flirting with the luxury tax, just for the sake of landing some rookie.

We just saw how important the money side of basketball is with this lockout. Of corse they want a draft pick, but they won't stay in the luxury to make that happen. Remember that Orlando has the second highest payroll in the NBA, at over 74.0 million dollars. In order to get beneath the cap, they need to bring on expirings OR get rid of Turk or Arenas with Howard. LA offers them both options at the same time. That is more desirable then paying tax in order to land an unproven rookie, especially considering the 2013 free agent class:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

Your scenario of Orlando tanking post Dwight in order to land a good pick won't happen, because Otis will do everything in his power to bring in another star to appease Dwight before he is traded. That will take months (depending on when the trade deadline is). If Howard plays half the season with Orlando, they won't be eligable for that pick. Your scenario only works assuming this trade happens before the start of the season, or very early on. It remains to be seen, but like Melo last year I don't expect this to happen until closer to the trade deadline.

But tanking isn't the only way for the to land that pick you're talking about. they could trade for it. who out there could offer Orlando that pick? I dont think anyone can man- if they could i'm gona assume that isn't a team dwight would sign an extension with.

You said that landing Bynum and Odom is counter productive to rebuilding a team. that's not true at all, it's the exact opposite. they have team options for 2013. they can be cut by orlando. they are two potential expiring contracts, exactly what teams looking to rebuild want- cap space. 24.4 million dollars worth of expiring contracts, combined with the fact that theyre both very good is extremely attractive. landing a pick in next years draft is secondary to clearing the books.

last stand
12-03-2011, 06:29 PM
exactly. orlando can essentially try out a 24 year old 7 footer to see if he's a franchise guy with no risk whatsoever.

that is a very unique situation noone else can offer. bynum is considered #2 at that position behind dwight. they can basically bring him in for trial. that alone makes it the best offer on the table

Bruno
12-03-2011, 06:31 PM
^^^wow and now close the thread because there was so much logic in that post that its pretty safe to say there is no need to argue against it because you will lose.

lol, dude i could totally end up being wrong. but in a game of speculation, LAL makes the most sense, for multiple reasons.

last stand
12-03-2011, 06:34 PM
lol, dude i could totally end up being wrong. but in a game of speculation, LAL makes the most sense, for multiple reasons.

of course. i've never said dwight to LA is a lock in the least but looking around the league it just makes the most sense

they get their picks
they get expiring contracts/tradeable contracts
they send him to the other conference
they get a young replacement star who plays the same position, is younger, and with no risk as he's on a 1 year deal with a team option
somewhere dwight will actually agree to go

perfect deal

doesn't mean it will happen but its clearly the most logical.

Bruno
12-03-2011, 06:37 PM
bynum is a 24 year old 7 foot center who has averaged 20ppg 10rpg any time pau gasol is not in the lineup. he has injury issues but has a special knee brace that kept him from losing any game time last season once he recovered from surgery

more importantly bynum can flat out be let go after 1 year if they aren't happy or kept with a team option if they are happy. bynum if healthy is better than anyone in this upcoming draft. he's only 2-3 years older but has proven he can put up 20 and 10 as the feature post option.

odom is easily traded. once he's able to be traded anyone will take him. san antonio, boston, you name it odom's contract is easily tradeable.

whats better a top 5 pick with bynum, or a top 5 pick without him. not to mention there is a lottery and 0 guarantee that the team with the worst record will get #1. in fact wasn't cleveland the first worst team to get #1 in years

Very true.

Let's say Bynum is healthy all year and plays great. That would mean it would have been nearly two years since his most recent serious injury. That'll be a tough choice for Orlando, resign the guy who just killed it, or cut him because of the knee. total risk/reward scenario.

Bruno
12-03-2011, 06:40 PM
of course. i've never said dwight to LA is a lock in the least but looking around the league it just makes the most sense

they get their picks
they get expiring contracts/tradeable contracts
they send him to the other conference
they get a young replacement star who plays the same position, is younger, and with no risk as he's on a 1 year deal with a team option
somewhere dwight will actually agree to go

perfect deal

doesn't mean it will happen but its clearly the most logical.

totally.

I though that Chicago could match LAs package, but when you look at the salaries of Boozer and Noah, those guys are signed for years with massive salaries, with no outs offered (team options). Not making the argument that Bynum/Odom are a more talented package than Noah/Boozer, only that they are much more desirable from a contractual point of view. not to mention that like Bynum, both have dealt with injuries in the past, although not on Bynums level, lol.

THE GIPPER
12-03-2011, 07:10 PM

How can you honestly believe that statement?

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
How can you honestly believe that statement?

he has 5 rings of evidence. what's your evidence otherwise

THE GIPPER
12-03-2011, 07:19 PM
he has 5 rings of evidence. what's your evidence otherwise

You guys still use the 5 rings argument? Then i guess i'll use the "got swept by the mavs and couldnt even get a layup all series" argument.

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:22 PM
You guys still use the 5 rings argument? Then i guess i'll use the "got swept by the mavs and couldnt even get a layup all series" argument.

lol the 5 ring evidence is pretty concrete. too bad kobe was playing on 1 leg the second half of the season.

but whatever no NBA player has proven to win more with big men than kobe. he has 5 rings of proof. you can argue all you want but proof is proof.

THE GIPPER
12-03-2011, 07:25 PM
lol the 5 ring evidence is pretty concrete. too bad kobe was playing on 1 leg the second half of the season.

but whatever no NBA player has proven to win more with big men than kobe. he has 5 rings of proof. you can argue all you want but proof is proof.

Kobe having 5 rings has nothing to do with what kind of player he is currently. It is a past accomplishment and a TEAM accomplishment.

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Kobe having 5 rings has nothing to do with what kind of player he is currently. It is a past accomplishment and a TEAM accomplishment.

and? my point is that kobe has proven with 5 rings that him and a big man are a championship combo.

THE GIPPER
12-03-2011, 07:30 PM
and? my point is that kobe has proven with 5 rings that him and a big man are a championship combo.

Your right he has proven that in the past. My point is that he isn't currently the best option as a championship combo for dwight.

BKLYNpigeon
12-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Lakers are better off dealing Bynum instead of Gasol.

Gasol can play PF and has a better offensive skillset to compliment Howard.

BKLYNpigeon
12-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Kobe has still got it for the next 2-3 years. you just have to manage his minutes to about 30-35

Dwight Howard with an old Kobe is WAY better then anything he has had in Orlando

Bruno
12-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Kobe has still got it for the next 2-3 years. you just have to manage his minutes to about 30-35

Dwight Howard with an old Kobe is WAY better then anything he has had in Orlando

Plus, what happens when Gasol and Brynats contracts come off the books in three season/they retire? Howard inherits the franchise before he's 30 and FA's flock to join him in Los Angeles, who will have a lot of cap space (Gasol and Bryant will combine for 48 million dollars worth of salary in their final season together). Thats enough for two max deals.

last stand
12-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Plus, what happens when Gasol and Brynats contract come off the books in three season/they retire? Howard inherits the franchise before he's 30 and FA's flock to join him in Los Angeles, who will have a lot of cap space.

Which I think is his thinking exactly

BKLYNpigeon
12-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Plus, what happens when Gasol and Brynats contracts come off the books in three season/they retire? Howard inherits the franchise before he's 30 and FA's flock to join him in Los Angeles, who will have a lot of cap space (Gasol and Bryant will combine for 48 million dollars worth of salary in their final season together). Thats enough for two max deals.

Kobe would still stick around and play. he's going to play until he's 38.

Tell me a superstar who wouldnt want to come to The Los Angeles Lakers and play with Dwight Howard? LA will always have that pull with free agents.

IndyRealist
12-03-2011, 08:49 PM
So...no one's calling them the Orlando D-fenders yet?

THE MTL
12-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Dwight Howard needs to stop following in Shaq's footsteps

last stand
12-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Dwight Howard needs to stop following in Shaq's footsteps

who would want to follow in the footsteps of a 4 time champion, top 50 all time player

THE MTL
12-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Kobe would still stick around and play. he's going to play until he's 38.

Tell me a superstar who wouldnt want to come to The Los Angeles Lakers and play with Dwight Howard? LA will always have that pull with free agents.

No he wont! Kobe is not going out like that. Thats five more years of basketball. While, Kobe would still be effective but he wont be "Kobe". I just dnt see him going out like Shaq (still effective but FAR removed from glory years).. I give Kobe until 36 to retire.

Tony_Starks
12-03-2011, 09:03 PM

When you say stuff like this is it really serious or purely for baiting purposes? You do realize the "legacy" argument exist only in the internet right? Lebron, D Wade, and Melo should've proved that last year.......

thedfactor
12-03-2011, 09:05 PM
This is legit. Matt Barnes said so.