PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Dwight has 'no interest' in Clippers

*Superman*
12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Question:
Hi Alex. What do you think of this deal? Clippers get D-Howard, Bulls get E-Gordon, and Orlando gets Asik, Gibson, Kamen, and Charlotte’s 1st rounder.

Alex Kennedy:
It’s great for the Clippers and Bulls, but I don’t think Orlando would agree to it. I think they’d much rather land Brook Lopez or Andrew Bynum.

Also, from what I’ve heard, Dwight Howard isn’t interested in signing an extension with the Los Angeles Clippers.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-alex-kennedy-12022011/

Robbw241
12-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Saw that. Clippers would be better suited going after CP3 or Deron IMO. Alleys to Blake

29$JerZ
12-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Lakers and Net fans can breath again until the next rumor says otherwise.

Gators123
12-02-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't believe anything Alex Kennedy says.

Sportfan
12-02-2011, 07:11 PM
quick someone ask him thoughts on boston

ManRam
12-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Alex Kennedy is iffy.

Everything is iffy.

D Roses Bulls
12-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Kennedy is an idiot for saying Lopez. I know that rumor keeps getting put out there, but Lopez can't rebound to save his life. Lopez is so overrated it's ridiculous.....

*Superman*
12-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Saw that. Clippers would be better suited going after CP3 or Deron IMO. Alleys to Blake

He also mentioned Paul being traded to the Magic instead of the Knicks.

Jameer/Redick/Bass and/or Anderson, picks? Worth a shot for the Magic.

Otis shouldn't have traded Gortat...

Avenged
12-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Interesting. I think off the talent the Clippers have right now would garner at least some consideration from Dwight. Probably doesn't want to share the frontcourt with Blake? :shrug:

*Superman*
12-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Interesting. I think off the talent the Clippers have right now would garner at least some consideration from Dwight. Probably doesn't want to share the frontcourt with Blake? :shrug:

Yeah. I'm not to sure how a fc of Blake and Howard would work, would be scary, but they would just fight for who gets the lobs and then split like Kobe/Shaq. lol.

D Roses Bulls
12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
He also mentioned Paul being traded to the Magic instead of the Knicks.

Jameer/Redick/Bass and/or Anderson, picks? Worth a shot for the Magic.

Otis shouldn't have traded Gortat...

I still think Paul could land in Orlando and yes, I do agree with you, trading gortat was a mistake, but you have to look at it this way, gortat was given a long term contract, so It wasn't as bad a it might seem trading him, but he could of been used in a paul trade I think. Paul on the magic, even if it is a rental, could be good for many of reasons, but personally, I think paul and howard playing together could motivate them both to just stay in Orlando then to continue to play together. my thoughts, anyways. and they could amnesty Hedo or Arenas this season and have some cap next year to not only resign these guys, but maybe add some talent.

*Superman*
12-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I still think Paul could land in Orlando and yes, I do agree with you, trading gortat was a mistake, but you have to look at it this way, gortat was given a long term contract, so It wasn't as bad a it might seem trading him, but he could of been used in a paul trade I think. Paul on the magic, even if it is a rental, could be good for many of reasons, but personally, I think paul and howard playing together could motivate them both to just stay in Orlando then to continue to play together. my thoughts, anyways. and they could amnesty Hedo or Arenas this season and have some cap next year to not only resign these guys, but maybe add some talent.

Yes, regardless if they both end up leaving, it was the best shot of giving Dwight the opportunity to play with a star and there would be no one to blame if it happened. I don't know why you wouldn't want to stay in Orlando, its a brand new facility, great weather, lower tax. It's up to Otis to do it though. It isn't LA or New York, but neither one of those guys seem like someone that needs a huge market, just my opinion.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-02-2011, 07:23 PM
I think it's about status as well for Dwight. He would have to share the LA big-man spotlight with Blake if he were to go to the Clips. Although Pau is an All-star and #2 option, he doesn't have that Hollywood star power and hype that Blake has, so Dwight would be the main big man household name in Lakerland with Kobe having the star power in the backcourt.

NJ Raven
12-02-2011, 07:25 PM
In that scenario Chi would deal Asik and Gibson for Gordon? Is he trolling or just a huge homer?

bholly
12-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Huge lol at the trade the guy in the quote in the OP suggested. Must be tough for ESPN and hoopsworld guys who answer those chats do get asked those questions all the time and have to answer diplomatically.

D Roses Bulls
12-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Yes, regardless if they both end up leaving, it was the best shot of giving Dwight the opportunity to play with a star and there would be no one to blame if it happened. I don't know why you wouldn't want to stay in Orlando, its a brand new facility, great weather, lower tax. It's up to Otis to do it though. It isn't LA or New York, but neither one of those guys seem like someone that needs a huge market, just my opinion.

agree big time. I mean, personally, I love Orlando and I know myself wouldn't mind moving back there one day and like you said about the lower tax and no state income tax. I think it would be ideal and even if paul didn't agree to an extension right away, I think smith should do it if he can. if nothing else, you will just give orlando a lot of cap space next year if paul and howard leave.

Slimsim
12-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Not surprised if true

shep33
12-02-2011, 07:32 PM
The biggest downside of the Clippers is their owner.

futureman
12-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I guess he doesn't want to form the best Big 3 In the league with Griffin along with Paul or D-Will. Griffin and Howard playing together would be the equivalent of Karl Malone and Shaq playing together in their primes.

BTW D-Roses Bulls I love the Ron Paul sig. I'm glad I'm not the only informed person on this site I should change my sigs as well.

oak2455
12-02-2011, 07:35 PM

no one seems to get it:clap: thats a huge part of it

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I guess he doesn't want to form the best Big 3 In the league with Griffin along with Paul or D-Will. Griffin and Howard playing together would be the equivalent of Karl Malone and Shaq playing together in their primes.

Blake and Dwight would take away each other's inside games. Each guy wouldn't operate at their individual full effective capabilities, and neither big man is an effective passer and playmaker out of post at this point in their careers. At least with Pau and Dwight you have the perfect combo of finesse and power, Pau can extend his game to the perimeter (unlike Blake) and be comfortable with having Dwight dominate in the paint, and Pau is probably the best passing big man from the low and high pinch post in the game today. He can get Dwight easy buckets near the rim.

John Walls Era
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Alex Kennedy is some kind of prophet?

USMCLaker
12-02-2011, 07:43 PM

On the flip side of Dwight not wanting to go to the Clippers owner Donald Sterling is upset that he doesn't get to see Dwight take a shower. Freaking wierdo.

numba1CHANGsta
12-02-2011, 07:56 PM
If you're the Magic would you rather have Lopez or Bynum or would you rather have Kaman? Its clear the Magic want a really good center thats as closest as value to Dwight in return

akia83
12-02-2011, 07:57 PM
In that scenario Chi would deal Asik and Gibson for Gordon? Is he trolling or just a huge homer?

Charlotte's 1st pick, which can easily be a top 5 pick, is from Chicago. And I don't think it would be a good deal at all for the Bulls.

LA_Raiders
12-02-2011, 08:11 PM
I hope Lakers can get him before the start of the season

DR_1
12-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Any source saying the Magic like Brook Lopez is not a credible source. He has very little potential.

Greet
12-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Any source saying the Magic like Brook Lopez is not a credible source. He has very little potential.

LOL oh god , stuff like this makes this forum lose so much credibility. Coming from someone with the name "drose" you should be able to appreciate 1-dimensional offensive players. At least Brook is efficient with his scoring.

He wasn't able to work-out ALL off-season and for the start of the season because of Mono. He's had ONE bad rebounding season and he's a 23 year-old 7 footer that can score 20 PPG.

Young and Stupid
12-02-2011, 08:23 PM

:laugh2:

I just ... I ... you do know that ... if you could ... there are ... I ... okay.

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Well it clearly looks like Dwight is pushing himself to the team he only wants to play for the Nets

*Superman*
12-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Well it clearly looks like Dwight is pushing himself to the team he only wants to play for the Nets

Like Carmelo right? :rolleyes:

Tmath
12-02-2011, 08:33 PM

Keep telling yourself that buddy. :laugh2:

mttwlsn16
12-02-2011, 08:36 PM
lame

blake/:superman: would be :lift:

*Superman*
12-02-2011, 08:37 PM
LOL oh god , stuff like this makes this forum lose so much credibility. Coming from someone with the name "drose" you should be able to appreciate 1-dimensional offensive players. At least Brook is efficient with his scoring.

He wasn't able to work-out ALL off-season and for the start of the season because of Mono. He's had ONE bad rebounding season and he's a 23 year-old 7 footer that can score 20 PPG.

Have to agree, people really underrate Lopez. He's a great offensive player, he would need a tough PF alongside to help him out on defense, but at least he has offense down. And I did not know he was coming off a season dealing with Mono. Regardless, he is a little soft.

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Its so funny how people on this board think athletes wont go to the Nets because of where they are located.

I know New Jersey is nothing but they are moving to BROOKLYN IN ONE YEAR.

Basketball in Brooklyn? Partially owned by Brooklyns biggest cultural icon in Jay Z?

Do you know how good of a market that is for NBA players?

        
12-02-2011, 08:40 PM
So he would rather sign with the Lakers? Does he really want to live in Shaq's shadow?

Greet
12-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Have to agree, people really underrate Lopez. He's a great offensive player, he would need a tough PF alongside to help him out on defense, but at least he has offense down. And I did not know he was coming off a season dealing with Mono. Regardless, he is a little soft.

You can totally build an offense around Lopez. He doesn't even need to be in the paint to score. He's very efficient from outside of the paint. You give him a tough big-man too play with and you have a VERY good front court.

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 08:43 PM

The entire offseason he was dealing with mono. Which really weakened him. I dont think he is THAT soft. He never gets hurt. And the first 2 seasons of his career he averaged 8.5 RPG. So the mono clearly had a effect on his rebounding.

He is a real asset on Offense for any team. Terrific scorer. 20 ppg and when he played with Deron it was even higher.

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Since Dwight has no interest in the clippers and Nets offer is way better than Lakers, which would be Bynum is cant play a full season vs Lopez who plays every game. Plus Nets fan take on the contract of Hedo.
Dwight will be a Net very soon. A week from now we could be talking about Nets getting Dwight.

Avenged
12-02-2011, 08:45 PM
So he would rather sign with the Lakers? Does he really want to live in Shaq's shadow?

I don't think that would be a problem since L.A has had great Centers before Shaq. Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq.. They all seemed to work out fine despite the fact that they "had to live in x shadow's". Once you start winning all of that is forgotten.

Mr Costanza
12-02-2011, 08:46 PM

I dont think hes pushing himself to the nets but there is definitely a good chance he ends up there. They can make the trade and they have a top PG to get him the ball. I know everyone has been saying Lakers for a long time but the Nets are still in this, very much so.

*Superman*
12-02-2011, 08:47 PM

I don't think it is LA either. Someone trashed him on his twitter saying he is going to leave and follow Shaq's footsteps. What he said

@MikeAciego no I don't hear u. Telling me I'm Shaq. U don't me so don't judge me let God do that. U have no clue about me. None

Mr Costanza
12-02-2011, 08:48 PM

Im sure he would love Shaqs 4 rings...

Greet
12-02-2011, 08:49 PM
The entire offseason he was dealing with mono. Which really weakened him. I dont think he is THAT soft. He never gets hurt. And the first 2 seasons of his career he averaged 8.5 RPG. So the mono clearly had a effect on his rebounding.

He is a real asset on Offense for any team. Terrific scorer. 20 ppg and when he played with Deron it was even higher.

Just going to point out that his rebounding numbers went up with Deron as well. I think him having someone else on the team that can score and draw attention helped out his overall game.

Mr Costanza
12-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know what the Lakers offer would even be? Are we just assuming it would be Bynum?

Greet
12-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Just so most of you realize - The Magic trading Dwight Howard would mean a full-on rebuild mode. Any Lakers offer would be terrible for rebuilding and not even close too the Nets offer.

jrm2054
12-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Him and griffin would be awesome

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 08:55 PM
When asked who he wanted to ply with he didnt mention Kobe, he mentioned Deron Williams (with a smile almost as if he knows it will happen) and right after Anthony Morrow what superstar says he wants to play with an average player in their top 5?

Dwight wants to play with a superstar in his prime not Kobe who only has a year or 2 left.

KJ21.the.truth
12-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Since Dwight has no interest in the clippers and Nets offer is way better than Lakers, which would be Bynum is cant play a full season vs Lopez who plays every game. Plus Nets fan take on the contract of Hedo.
Dwight will be a Net very soon. A week from now we could be talking about Nets getting Dwight.

LMAO, I bet your dead serious too right?? Im sorry man but this is a mad homerish post.

Magic won't deal 12 before All star game dude. He fills that arena, hes gonna get his home all star game, and that has a huge impact on this, more than it is getting credit for. Otis isn't just gonna trade Dwight to move him. Trust me on that. He is gonna get value, and LOTS of it. Im not gonna dog Lopez cause I respect him, but hes not NEAR 12's level. im sorry

Avenged
12-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know what the Lakers offer would even be? Are we just assuming it would be Bynum?

It would have to include Bynum. That's the only young, promising piece the Lakers have to offer. It won't be straight up though since Dwight is worth much more than that. Probably Bynum, Odom, and a filler. I assume the Lakers would have to take on a bad contract as well.

DR_1
12-02-2011, 08:59 PM
As a Bulls fan, I love this deal, future lineup of

Noah
Mirotic
Deng
Gordon
Rose

Not as good as having Dwight, but I like it a lot.

Greet
12-02-2011, 09:00 PM
It would have to include Bynum. That's the only young, promising piece that have to offer. It won't be straight up though since Dwight is worth much more than that. Probably Bynum, Odom, and a filler. I assume the Lakers would have to take on a bad contract as well.

Which wouldn't make any sense from the Magic standpoint. They'd be trading for an injury prone center (has only played one full season) and a 32 year old 6th man looking for a big contract.

They're going to be REBUILDING. That won't help the process at all.

Getting Lopez + 2 Firsts (In a VERY DEEP draft), while losing Hedo then being able to amnesty Gilbert Arenas.....now that REALLY helps the process.

Avenged
12-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Which wouldn't make any sense from the Magic standpoint. They'd be trading for an injury prone center (has only played one full season) and a 32 year old 6th man looking for a big contract.

They're going to be REBUILDING. That won't help the process at all.

Getting Lopez + 2 Firsts (In a VERY DEEP draft), while losing Hedo then being able to amnesty Gilbert Arenas.....now that REALLY helps the process.

Probably not. I wouldn't do it if I were the Magic.

But I assume that's what the Lakers would offer or something along those lines.

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 09:03 PM
LMAO, I bet your dead serious too right?? Im sorry man but this is a mad homerish post.

Magic won't deal 12 before All star game dude. He fills that arena, hes gonna get his home all star game, and that has a huge impact on this, more than it is getting credit for. Otis isn't just gonna trade Dwight to move him. Trust me on that. He is gonna get value, and LOTS of it. Im not gonna dog Lopez cause I respect him, but hes not NEAR 12's level. im sorry

Your kidding right? So Orlando Magic are going to risk their future and whats best for their franchise so Dwight Howard can play in the all star game? Are you serious??? Imagine if that actually happens and with the trade deadline coming up they keep asking him about leaving Orlando and he gets booed out of the building? Orlando can fill that building up even if Dwight wasn't in the league.
Saying Otis wouldnt take the chance on getting UNDER the cap and getting rid of Arenas and Hedo in the same day is INSANE.

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 09:03 PM

Niether is Bynum, or any other current Center in the game.

Otis has come out and said he would explore trading Howard, and he did not specify when.

I would be surprised if D12 is still in Orlando before the season starts. he wont get any more/less value of trading Howard now then during the season.

Mr Costanza
12-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Your kidding right? So Orlando Magic are going to risk their future and whats best for their franchise so Dwight Howard can play in the all star game? Are you serious??? Imagine if that actually happens and with the trade deadline coming up they keep asking him about leaving Orlando and he gets booed out of the building? Orlando can fill that building up even if Dwight wasn't in the league.
Saying Otis wouldnt take the chance on getting UNDER the cap and getting rid of Arenas and Hedo in the same day is INSANE.

im gonna side with DoMe on this one. The all-star game should be the the least of their concerns. Besides Lopez plus picks was just a start for the Nets.

Cano-Montero...
12-02-2011, 09:10 PM
just a thought...

when was the last time a superstar player was traded to the same conference?

KJ21.the.truth
12-02-2011, 09:12 PM
The AS isn't the major concern, but your INSANE if u think his value isn't going to increase with time IF MAJOR IF he is traded. Remember this is all speculation. If Otis does make a move for Paul this easily all changes we still don't know whether Dwight is all in for Orl or not, and unless your him or very close to him you don't either. Orl first concern is locking him up. Remember that.

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 09:14 PM
just a thought...

when was the last time a superstar player was traded to the same conference?

Gasol
Vince Carter
Jason Kidd
LeBron/Bosh in sign and trade deals

Cal827
12-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Just so most of you realize - The Magic trading Dwight Howard would mean a full-on rebuild mode. Any Lakers offer would be terrible for rebuilding and not even close too the Nets offer.

Yeah, I've been saying that in the previous 20 Howard threads, but everybody has been telling me that I don't know **** lol

KnicksR4Real
12-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Laker bound.

Birdmannn
12-02-2011, 09:18 PM
When asked who he wanted to ply with he didnt mention Kobe, he mentioned Deron Williams (with a smile almost as if he knows it will happen) and right after Anthony Morrow what superstar says he wants to play with an average player in their top 5?

Dwight wants to play with a superstar in his prime not Kobe who only has a year or 2 left.

Wrong.
I'm not completely sure when it was said, possibly last years all star game, but he did admit to wanting to play with Kobe.

VinceCarter
12-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Nets make sense for Dwight and Orlando. Make it happen King turn this franchise into something again!

THE GIPPER
12-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Wrong.
I'm not completely sure when it was said, possibly last years all star game, but he did admit to wanting to play with Kobe.

When? Link?

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Wrong.

umm no in the summer there was a video where they sked him who he wants to play with he named 5 names Kobe was not one of them.

KJ21.the.truth
12-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Right now he plays with Jameer Nelson, lol, who is his best friend which Meer reiterated today on Jim Rome is burning.... I believe he will be there xmas day as well.

rapjuicer06
12-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Deron and Dwight would be so awesome together...get it done Otis!

KJ21.the.truth
12-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Deron and Dwight would be so awesome together...get it done Otis!

:clap:

Cano-Montero...
12-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Gasol
Vince Carter
Jason Kidd
LeBron/Bosh in sign and trade deals

probably Lebron/Bosh should not be included...they were heat bound anyway..

Hunter48MVP
12-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Makes sense for Dwight not to be interested in the Clippers because they will always be the 2nd team to the Lakers

ldawg
12-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Makes sense for Dwight not to be interested in the Clippers because they will always be the 2nd team to the Lakers Not only that him and Griffen are the same player they will not make a great team. fancy and Flasy yes but thats it.

Cano-Montero...
12-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Any nets fan around? what are the 2 1st round picks they plan on trading for Dwight?

Their own and the rockets pick?

Greet
12-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Any nets fan around? what are the 2 1st round picks they plan on trading for Dwight?

Their own and the rockets pick?

Yes sir. I think the Rockets is a guaranteed loto pick as well.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-02-2011, 09:42 PM

It'd probably be Bynum + Odom + 1st rounders for Howard + Turkoglu

Birdmannn
12-02-2011, 09:44 PM
umm no in the summer there was a video where they sked him who he wants to play with he named 5 names Kobe was not one of them.

Just google it you will find the interview. Soo umm yes

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-02-2011, 09:50 PM

This video says otherwise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA

kylem4711
12-02-2011, 09:51 PM
sources say he wants to be a clippers. there. just started another rumor

Cano-Montero...
12-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Yes sir. I think the Rockets is a guaranteed loto pick as well.

i think you need to recheck that...its not a lotto pick at all and protected as well..

Nets receive the Rockets' 2012 first-round pick (top 14 protected in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016, or 2017 2nd round pick) (Terrence Williams trade 12-15-10)

so if Rockets continue to suck you might get that pick in 3-5 years..

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 09:57 PM
This video says otherwise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA

Dont care about an old video that was recorded a year ago infront of LA media, whats he supposed to say no? He was asked in an updated question this summer and he didnt say Kobe.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Dont care about an old video that was recorded a year ago infront of LA media, whats he supposed to say no? He was asked in an updated question this summer and he didnt say Kobe.

Just because he didn't say Kobe doesn't mean he doesn't want to play with him. But we'll see, obviously either franchise (Lakers or Nets) would be fortunate to have Dwight Howard as their future franchise player.

Cano-Montero...
12-02-2011, 10:19 PM
I think as of now its LA and Nets..

It will really depend on Dwight and the Magic...

I think Otis will talk to him since he know he wont resign, then Dwight will give a list of teams from there on Otis will contact those teams and will take the best offer after consulting it with Magic Brass..

luke21
12-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Next you will here Howard won't sign a extension with Brooklyn

I've said it over and over.......D12 don't wanna play in Brooklyn or the Lakers little brothers! He wants to play in a major mkt (Lakers). I also guarantee that CP3 wants nothing to do with the Clippers as well.

While Kupchak remained guarded with his answers, Lakers forward Matt Barnes was much more open when asked about the rumors surrounding his former teammate Howard.

"You know, I've been hearing Dwight. I've been hearing Baron [Davis]. I've been hearing stuff a lot lately," Barnes said. "I've talked to both of those guys and they want to be here, so we'll see what happens."

Raph12
12-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Although Alex Kennedy's word doesn't mean that much, I've read from quite a few analysts that Dwight wouldn't sign in LAC...

shep33
12-02-2011, 10:41 PM

No, it would be Bynum + Odom (both deals have a team option next season, so good for the Magic in that sense). Plus I'm guessing our prospect, who I really like, Devin Ebanks (Trevor Ariza clone), plus draft picks. LA could probably get a 3rd team involved so that they can somehow take on Hedo's bad contract, but who knows.

Really though LA could offer, Bynum/Gasol + Odom + Ebanks, + Picks right now

Clips make sense too, but I think FA's aren't digging Don Sterling too much. Guy is weird, and people are going to question his committment to building and sustaining a great team for a long time. Is he willing to go all in like Dr. Buss? Have to remember the Clips will never be the cash cow that the Lakers are either, they absolutely dominate LA, and are basically the Steelers of the NBA with their support across the country.

luke21
12-02-2011, 10:42 PM

at least that is a legit saying from D12 himself on youtube........yours has no link! for all we know you the Brooklyn/New Jersey homer wrote that. I've never heard or seen in writing him say he wanted to play with Deron.

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Next you will here Howard won't sign a extension with Brooklyn

I've said it over and over.......D12 don't wanna play in Brooklyn or the Lakers little brothers! He wants to play in a major mkt (Lakers). I also guarantee that CP3 wants nothing to do with the Clippers as well.

While Kupchak remained guarded with his answers, Lakers forward Matt Barnes was much more open when asked about the rumors surrounding his former teammate Howard.

"You know, I've been hearing Dwight. I've been hearing Baron [Davis]. I've been hearing stuff a lot lately," Barnes said. "I've talked to both of those guys and they want to be here, so we'll see what happens."

Well you are an idiot if you dont consider Brooklyn a major market.

luke21
12-02-2011, 10:44 PM
No, it would be Bynum + Odom (both deals have a team option next season, so good for the Magic in that sense). Plus I'm guessing our prospect, who I really like, Devin Ebanks (Trevor Ariza clone), plus draft picks. LA could probably get a 3rd team involved so that they can somehow take on Hedo's bad contract, but who knows.

Yeah and Wilt is coming outta the dead to play basketball again.....

why would L.A offer Bynum/Gasol/Odom for 1 guy?

they would be worse off after the trade:facepalm:

luke21
12-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Well you are an idiot if you dont consider Brooklyn a major market.

It's not compared to New York or L.A

Nice pic of the Corky Manning too!:clap:

Cano-Montero...
12-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Although Alex Kennedy's word doesn't mean that much, I've read from quite a few analysts that Dwight wouldn't sign in LAC...

who would Raph? ;)

VinceCarter
12-02-2011, 10:47 PM
at least that is a legit saying from D12 himself on youtube........yours has no link! for all we know you the Brooklyn/New Jersey homer wrote that. I've never heard or seen in writing him say he wanted to play with Deron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuJpz66cME0&list=PLF0DB7BBFA837095D&index=23&feature=plpp_video

2:00 mark.

luke21
12-02-2011, 10:48 PM
He will look sick in the purple/gold though..........him and the mamba should run off the next 2 titles.

then Kobe can cruise in the final year of his contract having more titles than M.J

thenetslegend
12-02-2011, 10:49 PM
so many magic homers in here..

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 10:50 PM

Brooklyn is in New York City.

NYC Basketball market>>>>any other market

And we have the biggest hip hop icon on the planet as a part owner/endorsing us.

Thanks.

shep33
12-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah and Wilt is coming outta the dead to play basketball again.....

why would L.A offer Bynum/Gasol/Odom for 1 guy?

they would be worse off after the trade:facepalm:

When I write Bynum/Gasol the "/" translates to "or". Surprised people don't get that these days. And what's with the Wilt reference?

VinceCarter
12-02-2011, 10:53 PM

You know Brooklyn is a borough of New York City, right? Just like Manhatten.

Cano-Montero...
12-02-2011, 10:54 PM

Clips make sense too, but I think FA's aren't digging Don Sterling too much. Guy is weird, and people are going to question his committment to building and sustaining a great team for a long time. Is he willing to go all in like Dr. Buss? Have to remember the Clips will never be the cash cow that the Lakers are either, they absolutely dominate LA, and are basically the Steelers of the NBA with their support across the country.

Actually in the new CBA... Bynum+Odom etc can land Howard and Turk..

the new rule for trading is now 150% and not 125% like before..So Lakers will have no problem taking on turks deal...

It really seems LA or NJ atm..OKC as Darkhorse..

shep33
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
You know Brooklyn is a borough of New York City, right? Just like Manhatten.

It's the biggest borough in NYC too. But people all over NYC have a long traditon of supporting the Knicks. I think Brooklyn will do fine, but I'm interested in seeing the transition there, because there are lot of people in Brooklyn who are Knicks fans.

shep33
12-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Actually in the new CBA... Bynum+Odom etc can land Howard and Turk..

the new rule for trading is now 150% and not 125% like before..So Lakers will have no problem taking on turks deal...

It really seems LA or NJ atm..OKC as Darkhorse..

Ah right right, good fix man thanks. I completely forgot how the new CBA made trades easier. I agree, it's LA and NJ at the top. OKC maybe, but I'm guessing Orlando would want one of Westbrook and Harden, and Ibaka on top, because I doubt they want Perkins' new big contract.

luke21
12-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Brooklyn is in New York City.

NYC Basketball market>>>>any other market

And we have the biggest hip hop icon on the planet as a part owner/endorsing us.

Thanks.

Yeah and that hip hop icon owns a big 1% of the team! LOL

That hip hop thing worked out getting Lebron huh?? aren't him and Jay-Z boys??? you guys crack me up! No LBJ now Deron announced he won't sign a extension there and D12 is going to be in a Lakers uniform.

Sucks for you guys. You can't comepete with our tradition, sunny west coast, and the guy who has more titles than any current player in the game!! it's the spot to be.

BradHolt4CYoung
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuJpz66cME0&list=PLF0DB7BBFA837095D&index=23&feature=plpp_video

lol he also said he would like to play with Anthony Morrow.

2 of the 5 players in the NBA he would like to play with are both on the Nets!

I dont see how the Nets are not the front runners.

- They can offer the Magic a really good trade offer if they wanna rebuild.
- Dwight would be joining a superstar
- We have a ton of money to spend
- He would def resign with us b/c we will be in Brooklyn next year along with Deron.

Cano-Montero...
THis would also play a big role for PAul and Howard to push for a trade before the deadline...

The financial implications of the new CBA for Dwight Howard and Chris Paul could be significant, depending on where each player wants to spend his future.

Howard can play the entire 11-12 season with the Magic, opt out of his deal and end up elsewhere (by signing outright or sign-and-trade) for $80.5 million over four seasons. If he gets traded before the deadline, opts out and then re-signs with the team that acquired him, he can sign for $110.8 million over five seasons.

If Paul plays the entire season with the Hornets and ends up elsewhere, he can receive up to $75.8 million over four seasons. If he gets traded to another team, opts out and then re-signs with that team, he can receive up to $100.2 million over five seasons.

In other words, Howard and Paul would be able to preserve their Bird rights if they're moved before the trade deadline -- the acquiring teams would hold these rights and could therefore exceed the soft cap to offer them maximum-salary contracts. But under the new rules, Bird rights can no longer be transferred in any sign-and-trade deal.

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Dwight going to Lakers was made up by the media thats where they want him to go, in reality Dwight has his mind set on one thing Brooklyn. Dwight wants to be in a Net uniform playing alongside Deron. That duo is the best duo since Shaq and Kobe.
If Shaq goes to LA his chances are to win maybe 1 or 2 championships
in Brooklyn he can build a dynasty.
Nets with Dwight, Hedo, Deron would be a very good team plus Nets still have their MLE.

VinceCarter
12-02-2011, 10:59 PM
When I write Bynum/Gasol the "/" translates to "or". Surprised people don't get that these days. And what's with the Wilt reference?

He didn't know Brooklyn was in New York City. Forget him.

luke21
12-02-2011, 10:59 PM

well write it better next time so we/i/us don't get confused.

shep33
12-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Dwight going to Lakers was made up by the media thats where they want him to go, in reality Dwight has his mind set on one thing Brooklyn. Dwight wants to be in a Net uniform playing alongside Deron. That duo is the best duo since Shaq and Kobe.
If Shaq goes to LA his chances are to win maybe 1 or 2 championships
in Brooklyn he can build a dynasty.
Nets with Dwight, Hedo, Deron would be a very good team plus Nets still have their MLE.

I disagree. I think even with D12 the Nets aren't as good as the Heat right now. They need more pieces still, but I think they'll get them if those two are there

shep33
12-02-2011, 11:01 PM
He didn't know Brooklyn was in New York City. Forget him.

lol no worries, he's new.

Greet
12-02-2011, 11:03 PM
I disagree. I think even with D12 the Nets aren't as good as the Heat

Why is that?

luke21
[QUOTE=VinceCarter;19937689]He didn't know Brooklyn was in New York City. Forget him.[/QUOTE

It's the name ******:

Guys wanna play in NYC for the Knicks, madison square garden etc............

Don't be mad cause D12 gonna choose L.A over Brooklyn.
It's actually a no brainer.

Oh and by the way your sick Youtube video he says Monta Ellis and CP3 as well.......lol

he couldn't even remember DWill name took him like 5 seconds.....uhhh whats that guys name?? I'm sure he would rather not say Kobe again like he did at all star game because then it would be to disrespectful to the city of Orlando to keep name dropping and number dropping (#24)

VinceCarter
lol no worries, he's new.

Must be young too.

shep33
12-02-2011, 11:04 PM
well write it better next time so we/i/us don't get confused.

"Us" doesn't work there, since it would be "write it better next time so us don't get confused". The "we" and "I" seems okay though.

Just playin though man, welcome to PSD! :clap:

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=VinceCarter;19937689]He didn't know Brooklyn was in New York City. Forget him.[/QUOTE

It's the name ******:

Guys wanna play in NYC for the Knicks, madison square garden etc............

Don't be mad cause D12 gonna choose L.A over Brooklyn.
It's actually a no brainer.

Oh and by the way your sick Youtube video he says Monta Ellis and CP3 as well.......lol

he couldn't even remember DWill name took him like 5 seconds.....uhhh whats that guys name?? I'm sure he would rather not say Kobe again like he did at all star game because then it would be to disrespectful to the city of Orlando to keep name dropping and number dropping (#24)

We arent mad you are the one that seems mad, I think you know in your heart he is coming to nets. And he was smiling and thinking about Deron almost as if he didnt want to say it because it would be a tamper.

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Yeah and that hip hop icon owns a big 1% of the team! LOL

That hip hop thing worked out getting Lebron huh?? aren't him and Jay-Z boys??? you guys crack me up! No LBJ now Deron announced he won't sign a extension there and D12 is going to be in a Lakers uniform.

Sucks for you guys. You can't comepete with our tradition, sunny west coast, and the guy who has more titles than any current player in the game!! it's the spot to be.

It doesnt matter how much he owns. The public views him as part of the team.

Lebron wanted to team up with SUPERSTAR(s). The Heat were the only team last year who can offer him that because of the $ they had to spend.

Deron did not say he doesnt want to sign a extension with the Nets. He said he wont sign one now because of the new CBA deal it would not make any sense. Try reading the entire article. Or look at what he tweeted yesterday- ""Don't know why people are tripping just bc I'm opting out doesn't mean that I won't resign with the nets! W/ new CBA it makes sense"

DWIGHT HOWARD WILL NOT BE TRADED TO THE LAKERS BECAUSE HE CAN NOT FORCE THE MAGIC TO TRADE HIM THERE. THE MAGIC WOULD MUCH RATHER TAKE THE NETS PROPOSAL. BYNUM AND ODOM IS A VERY BAD PROPOSAL COMPARED TO WHAT THE NETS ARE OFFERING

shep33
12-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Why is that?

My bad, I edited my statement, clicked the submit buttom by accident. I changed it now though. I think as of right now if the Nets get Howard, I still don't have them ahead of the Heat. Miami still has arguably 2 of the top 3 players in the league (I actually think Howard is the best), and they've been together longer. I think the Nets would still need another scoring punch in all truth. But if they do get Howard, he and Williams will bring in more talent over time. The advantage still though IMO goes to Miami, because while teams are still assembling, they're going to get more comfortable

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:07 PM

SORRY GUYS HAD TO POST THIS AGAIN BECAUSE SOME TOOLS THINK THAT D12 TO L.A IS JUST LA MEDIA DRIVEN.....

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-02-2011, 11:08 PM

Pick 4 partners, meaning a starting 5.

"Chris Paul, Stephen Jackson, ummm... uhhh.. what's his name? ... Deron Williams, and um Anthony Morrow. Oh, I got 5, so Monta Ellis"

Note how he couldn't he remember Deron Williams; name. :eyebrow:

So does this mean he also wants to be in GSW because of Ellis? Or maybe he does really want to join CP3 in Orlando? Or maybe go to Milwaukee to play with S-Jax?

VinceCarter
12-02-2011, 11:10 PM

And so does management.

thenetslegend
12-02-2011, 11:10 PM
nets wouldnt be as "good" as the heat on paper but deron and dwight could abuse that team. nets would be 2nd best in the east though.

jmoney85
12-02-2011, 11:11 PM

"Chris Paul, Stephen Jackson, ummm... uhhh.. what's his name? ... Deron Williams, and um Anthony Morrow. Oh, I got 5, so Monta Ellis"

So does this mean he also wants to be in GSW because of Ellis? Or maybe he does really want to join CP3 in Orlando? Or maybe go to Milwaukee to play with S-Jax?

i hope you're not serious

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:12 PM

SORRY GUYS HAD TO POST THIS AGAIN BECAUSE SOME TOOLS THINK THAT D12 TO L.A IS JUST LA MEDIA DRIVEN.....

He will be a Net in less then a week, dont get to excited only to be put down next week. :)

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:13 PM

Lebron wanted to team up with SUPERSTAR(s). The Heat were the only team last year who can offer him that because of the $ they had to spend.

Deron did not say he doesnt want to sign a extension with the Nets. He said he wont sign one now because of the new CBA deal it would not make any sense. Try reading the entire article. Or look at what he tweeted yesterday- ""Don't know why people are tripping just bc I'm opting out doesn't mean that I won't resign with the nets! W/ new CBA it makes sense"

DWIGHT HOWARD WILL NOT BE TRADED TO THE LAKERS BECAUSE HE CAN NOT FORCE THE MAGIC TO TRADE HIM THERE. THE MAGIC WOULD MUCH RATHER TAKE THE NETS PROPOSAL. BYNUM AND ODOM IS A VERY BAD PROPOSAL COMPARED TO WHAT THE NETS ARE OFFERING

LOL ALL YOU NETS FANS GUARANTEED US LAST YEAR THAT LBJ WOULD BE IN NJ!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE WHO HE WANTED TO TEAM UP WITH!! IT WAS A LOCK!!! JAYZ BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN TAKE IT HOW YOU WANT WITH THE CBA RULES BUT HE CAN STILL RE-SIGN THIS YEAR FOR MAX VALUE. HE DON'T WANNA SIGN CAUSE HE WANTS TO WAIT TO SEE WHERE ALL THE BIG NAMES LAND BECAUSE HE IS AFRAID AT THE END HE WILL BE STUCK IN BROOKLYN LIKE HE WAS IN UTAH. AND YES HOWARD CAN FORCE A TRADE BECAUSE HE CAN REFUSE TO SIGN A EXTENSION WITH ANYONE ELSE JUST LIKE CARMELO!!! OR THEY CAN LET HIM WALK VIA FREE AGENCY. DUDE YOUR SUCH A HOMER ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY

STRAIGHT CLOWN:facepalm:

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 11:14 PM

Your gonna assume he doesnt wanna play with Deron because he struggled to remember his name for 5 seconds? Really?

HE SAID HE WANTS TO PLAY WITH DERON.

Do you think he was lying?

You think he wouldn't wanna play with a top 3 PG in the NBA? :facepalm:

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:15 PM
He will be a Net in less then a week, dont get to excited only to be put down next week. :)

Are you mad at us still from the sweep when you had Kidd/Jefferson/Martin days?

damn get over it.

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:15 PM

no

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Your gonna assume he doesnt wanna play with Deron because he struggled to remember his name for 5 seconds? Really?

He also said he wanted to play with CP3-not gonna happen

He also said Monta Ellis-doubt he winds up in Golden State!

Just think it's funny how he struggled with his name. He said it outta respect for DWill cause Dwill is a great pg but it's not the top choice.

VinceCarter
LOL ALL YOU NETS FANS GUARANTEED US LAST YEAR THAT LBJ WOULD BE IN NJ!!!!!!!!!!!

You're really making a "clown" of yourself. All I remember was optimism about LeBron joining the Nets. I don't remember any fellow Nets fans saying it was a "lock" or "guarenteed".

DoMeFavors
Are you mad at us still from the sweep when you had Kidd/Jefferson/Martin days?

damn get over it.

We were just talking about Dwight now you shift to a series played almost 10 years ago? You must be angry about something.

KB-Pau-DH2012
i hope you're not serious

Well I mean there was a lot of hesitation and forgetfulness on his part when he was trying to spit D-Will's name. I mean if he was so "dead-on" set on wanting to play with D-Will, that would have been the first name to come out of his mouth, but instead, he said CP3's name. Meaning it would be more likely that Dwight would want the Magic's FO to make a move to bring CP3 to Orlando rather than Dwight bolting for Brooklyn to play for D-Will.

Again, all speculation, we really don't know what Dwight is thinking.

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:18 PM

Just think it's funny how he struggled with his name. He said it outta respect for DWill cause Dwill is a great pg but it's not the top choice.

So why not say Derrick Rose? And if you havent noticed Dwight and Deron are like best friends. And why say Anthony Morrow?

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 11:20 PM
LOL ALL YOU NETS FANS GUARANTEED US LAST YEAR THAT LBJ WOULD BE IN NJ!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE WHO HE WANTED TO TEAM UP WITH!! IT WAS A LOCK!!! JAYZ BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN TAKE IT HOW YOU WANT WITH THE CBA RULES BUT HE CAN STILL RE-SIGN THIS YEAR FOR MAX VALUE. HE DON'T WANNA SIGN CAUSE HE WANTS TO WAIT TO SEE WHERE ALL THE BIG NAMES LAND BECAUSE HE IS AFRAID AT THE END HE WILL BE STUCK IN BROOKLYN LIKE HE WAS IN UTAH. AND YES HOWARD CAN FORCE A TRADE BECAUSE HE CAN REFUSE TO SIGN A EXTENSION WITH ANYONE ELSE JUST LIKE CARMELO!!! OR THEY CAN LET HIM WALK VIA FREE AGENCY. DUDE YOUR SUCH A HOMER ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY

STRAIGHT CLOWN:facepalm:

So you joined in November 2011 and your talking about what Nets fans said LAST YEAR?

Im not a homer...Brooklyn is Brooklyn. In case you didnt know Brooklyn is in New York City and basketball is bigger in BK then it is in any other place in NYC.

Im not guaranteeing anything...im not that dumb unlike you.

Gram
12-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Chi-Town needs to fork over alot more than that for Eric Gordon.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-02-2011, 11:21 PM

Again, anything can happen, we don't know. I just hope that Dwight ultimately chooses my Lakers at the end.

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Hey Nets fans did you read what the quote from a NBA PLAYER Matt Barnes---former teamate and current friend or should i post it again for you guys to overlook or not comment about???

That isn't a rumor or media driven.....it's called a quote

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Laker fans can say whatever they want but nothing is changing the fact that Dwight is coming to the Nets, he doesn't want to play with an old Kobe. He wants to play with another superstar and pg who can get him the ball in his prime. He doesnt want to play with Derek Fisher lol.

JNA17
12-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Dwight is going to LA, but it's sure as hell not the Clippers

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 11:23 PM

This is so ridiculously stupid.

Rose is a great PG so why didnt he mention him...?

Durant is a great SF and Westbrook is a great PG why didnt he mention them either?

JNA17
12-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Laker fans can say whatever they want but nothing is changing the fact that Dwight is coming to the Nets, he doesn't want to play with an old Kobe. He wants to play with another superstar and pg who can get him the ball in his prime. He doesnt want to play with Derek Fisher lol.

Your argument falls flat due to the fact that Deron is not even resigning with the Nets.

Gram
12-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Lol have the changed the offer yet? I would piss my pants laughing if I was Otis Smith and the Nets offered me Brook Lopez and two first rounders for Dwight.

Mishmin
12-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Chris Paul it is.

DoMeFavors
This is so ridiculously stupid.

Rose is a great PG so why didnt he mention him...?

Durant is a great SF and Westbrook is a great PG why didnt he mention them either?

Thats their denial, because they know Deron is coming to the Nets. They want to make themselves believe he is actually going to the Lakers. Yeah like Orlando is going to want Odom when they can get under the cap from the Nets.

luke21
So you joined in November 2011 and your talking about what Nets fans said LAST YEAR?

Im not a homer...Brooklyn is Brooklyn. In case you didnt know Brooklyn is in New York City and basketball is bigger in BK then it is in any other place in NYC.

Im not guaranteeing anything...im not that dumb unlike you.

just because i joined in November doesn't mean i didn't read these threads.

yeah Nets fans said last year, idiots think Jay Z and his 1% is some kind of factor? couldn't even land his boyfriend LBJ :facepalm:

I will be around once the Lakers land D12

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-02-2011, 11:26 PM

You're a passionate Nets fan, and I like that.

However, you can't just flat out say that he definitely "won't" go to LA.

There is a 2-dimensional reason Dwight would want to go to LA.

Dimension #1: The Present-He gets to play with an aging yet championship experienced Kobe Bryant, where the two along with Pau Gasol (assuming Magic take Bynum + Odom) can win 2 titles together.

Dimension #2: The post-Bryant era, where when Kobe retires, the Lakers become Dwight's team when Dwight will be in his late 20's. And he'll be playing alongside Pau (in his last 2 or 3 yrs in the league) and still have that twin tower effect (kind of like prime Tim Duncan and aging David Robinson from 99-03). The team will be built around Dwight, he'll be a Laker, and will follow the rich big man tradition of leading teams to championships like George Mikan, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Shaquille O'Neal.

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Lol have the changed the offer yet? I would piss my pants laughing if I was Otis Smith and the Nets offered me Brook Lopez and two first rounders for Dwight.

You would?

You would laugh at the fact that Orlando a team in cap hell can get rid of Hedo and Arenas in one day and get UNDER the cap to sign free agents. Plus get a young center who has never missed a game in place of Dwight. And get 2 first round picks.

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:28 PM
We were just talking about Dwight now you shift to a series played almost 10 years ago? You must be angry about something.

mad at???? my team being in 12 finals since the 80's and winning 6 of them?

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Hey Nets fans did you read what the quote from a NBA PLAYER Matt Barnes---former teamate and current friend or should i post it again for you guys to overlook or not comment about???

That isn't a rumor or media driven.....it's called a quote

Hey moron did you hear Dwight Howard say he would like to play with Deron Williams or should it be posted again?

Im not saying he wouldnt wanna play with the Lakers, but I think he would wanna play with Deron in Brooklyn just as much if not more considering the big market and that Deron Williams is much younger then Kobe

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:29 PM
You're a passionate Nets fan, and I like that.

However, you can't just flat out say that he definitely "won't" go to LA.

There is a 2-dimensional reason Dwight would want to go to LA.

Dimension #1: The Present-He gets to play with an aging yet championship experienced Kobe Bryant, where the two along with Pau Gasol (assuming Magic take Bynum + Odom) can win 2 titles together.

Dimension #2: The post-Bryant era, where when Kobe retires, the Lakers become Dwight's team when Dwight will be in his late 20's. And he'll be playing alongside Pau (in his last 2 or 3 yrs in the league) and still have that twin tower effect (kind of like prime Duncan and again David Robinson from 99-03). The team will be built around Dwight, he'll be a Laker, and will follow the rich big man tradition of leading teams to championships like George Mikan, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Shaquille O'Neal.

Doubt thats the deal, salaries dont even match up and both are over the cap, plus Orlando would not want Lamar Odom it makes no sense for a team that would want to rebuild.

Gram
You would?

You would laugh at the fact that Orlando a team in cap hell can get rid of Hedo and Arenas in one day and get UNDER the cap to sign free agents. Plus get a young center who has never missed a game in place of Dwight. And get 2 first round picks.

Aha my question was if the deal was changed yet. The first time I read the proposal it was Lopez and two picks for Dwight. I didn't see NJ taking a bad contract or whatever lol. So answer my question Nets expert has the deal been re-constructed so NJ takes a bad contract? Lol.

Cano-Montero...

]DWIGHT HOWARD WILL NOT BE TRADED TO THE LAKERS BECAUSE HE CAN NOT FORCE THE MAGIC TO TRADE HIM THERE. THE MAGIC WOULD MUCH RATHER TAKE THE NETS PROPOSAL. BYNUM AND ODOM IS A VERY BAD PROPOSAL COMPARED TO WHAT THE NETS ARE OFFERING[/B]

ReallY? cannot force the Magic? What if Dwight tells them I wont resign with you..And dont act like you know what the Magic front office is thinking and stop being a blind homer.. You even have no idea who the magic front office value more between Bynum and Brook..at the same time OKC might make an offer with westbrook and etc..

As of now... I see 3 potential team who can land Dwight via trade..
Nets.,Lakers and OKC..

with regards to picks I dont see a big difference with the Lakers and Nets offer.. The Rockets pick is top 14 protected for 4 or 5 more years and If the Magic decides to trade Dwight before the season started the team he is going to will have a high draft pick anyway..probably 25-30.. And I really think the magic will insist on trading 2 bad contracts...Turk plus another..

As of know i see this 3 teams landing dwight..

For Nets:
Brook., 2 first rounders and probably their 1st rounder this year
for
Dwight, Turk and maybe another bad contract like Duhon..
(not quite sure if nets will be able to take that on...since exact salary cap for this year is not yet set..duhon is earning close to 3.5 mil)

For the Lakers:
Bynum...,Odom,Ebanks fillers and 2 1st rounders
for
Dwight and Turk..
Also in a seperate deal they can take Duhon's contract via the TE in sasha deal..its 5.6 mil..

Lastly for OKC
Westbrook...Harden...Ibaka, 2 first rounders and Mohamad's and Nate's expiring contract
for
Dwight., Turk and Duhon...

Chill_Will_24
ill wait for another report.. Clippers make too much sense

KB-Pau-DH2012
Doubt thats the deal, salaries dont even match up and both are over the cap, plus Orlando would not want Lamar Odom it makes no sense for a team that would want to rebuild.

Salaries match if Lakers take on Turkoglu. If that's the deal maker to get Dwight, I'm sure the Lakers will take on Turk's salary.

Gram
12-02-2011, 11:30 PM
mad at???? my team being in 12 finals since the 80's and winning 6 of them?

Another Laker fan, just what we needed here. lol.

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey moron did you hear Dwight Howard say he would like to play with Deron Williams or should it be posted again?

Im not saying he wouldnt wanna play with the Lakers, but I think he would wanna play with Deron in Brooklyn just as much if not more considering the big market and that Deron Williams is much younger then Kobe

Hey Corky Manning did you hear him say that he wanted to play with Monta,Stack Jack and CP3???

Kobe is only 33 and he has more titles than any1 in the league by far, so going to L.A and playing with the mamba and seeing how to win won would be more of a priority to play in Brooklyn??? what if Deron got a wild hair up his azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and opted out next year? then where would NJ be?

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Aha my question was if the deal was changed yet. The first time I read the proposal it was Lopez and two picks for Dwight. I didn't see NJ taking a bad contract or whatever lol. So answer my question Nets expert has the deal been re-constructed so NJ takes a bad contract? Lol.

Well you heard wrong it is

Lopez and 2 first rounders
for
Dwight and Hedo

Then Orlando amnesty clause Arenas

Thats 50 Million in cap space off their pay roll

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Hey Corky Manning did you hear him say that he wanted to play with Monta,Stack Jack and CP3???

Kobe is only 33 and he has more titles than any1 in the league by far, so going to L.A and playing with the mamba and seeing how to win won would be more of a priority to play in Brooklyn??? what if Deron got a wild hair up his azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and opted out next year? then where would NJ be?

Can you please type like an adult

VinceCarter
12-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Your argument falls flat due to the fact that Deron is not even resigning with the Nets.

Did I miss a report? How do you know this already?

Gram
12-02-2011, 11:35 PM

for
Dwight and Hedo

Lol I'm sure I didn't hear it wrong, but I'll take your word for it. ;) Thanks stud. ;)

luke21
ReallY? cannot force the Magic? What if Dwight tells them I wont resign with you..And dont act like you know what the Magic front office is thinking and stop being a blind homer.. You even have no idea who the magic front office value more between Bynum and Brook..at the same time OKC might make an offer with westbrook and etc..

As of now... I see 3 potential team who can land Dwight via trade..
Nets.,Lakers and OKC..

with regards to picks I dont see a big difference with the Lakers and Nets offer.. The Rockets pick is top 14 protected for 4 or 5 more years and If the Magic decides to trade Dwight before the season started the team he is going to will have a high draft pick anyway..probably 25-30.. And I really think the magic will insist on trading 2 bad contracts...Turk plus another..

As of know i see this 3 teams landing dwight..

For Nets:
Brook., 2 first rounders and probably their 1st rounder this year
for
Dwight, Turk and maybe another bad contract like Duhon..
(not quite sure if nets will be able to take that on...since exact salary cap for this year is not yet set..duhon is earning close to 3.5 mil)

For the Lakers:
Bynum...,Odom,Ebanks fillers and 2 1st rounders
for
Dwight and Turk..
Also in a seperate deal they can take Duhon's contract via the TE in sasha deal..its 5.6 mil..

Lastly for OKC
Westbrook...Harden...Ibaka, 2 first rounders and Mohamad's and Nate's expiring contract
for
Dwight., Turk and Duhon...

Great post: I just have never heard of D12 saying he would ok with Oklahoma. I don't see that happening.

BradHolt4CYoung

This is what Deron tweeted: “Don’t know why people are tripping just bc I’m opting out doesn’t mean that I won’t (re-sign) with the nets! w/ new CBA it makes sense,” he tweeted.

Try reading this smart guy

Based on the new rules it doesn’t make any sense for him to sign the extension,” Williams’ agent, Jeff Schwartz, told the Bergen Record.

“It has nothing to do with how much he likes New Jersey. Because of the rules he’s going to play the season out and probably opt out of his deal.”

Any way you look at it, Williams loses money if he extends his contract.

According to the new rules, Williams would only earn around $70 million over four years if he signs an extension with the Nets. If he becomes a free agent and re-signs with the franchise? Roughly $101 million over five years.

Cano-Montero...

To correct you..Odom's salary is a team option for next year.. Hell they can even flip him for an expiring and pick this year.. A lot of teams would be interested on him.

Plus you have forgotten that Brook's gonna be a RFA next year also and with lots of teams under the cap and as you portray Brook as a top 5 Center surely some team will overpay for his service... so probably next year Brook's contract will be north of 10 mil..

If I'm the Magic I will clearly take OKC's young players..

harden, westbrook and ibaka will be a very good core to build on.. If indeed OKC makes an offer..

JNA17
12-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Did I miss a report? How do you know this already?

actually yeah, you did miss the report.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7303109/deron-williams-agent-says-client-sign-extension-nets

luke21
Can you please type like an adult

read this:

New Jersey isnt a place stars wanna go

Thats why the ones drafted or traded there are gone

adult enough for you

I know reality hurts.

DoMeFavors
To correct you..Odom's salary is a team option for next year.. Hell they can even flip him for an expiring and pick this year.. A lot of teams would be interested on him.

Plus you have forgotten that Brook's gonna be a RFA next year also and with lots of teams under the cap and as you portray Brook as a top 5 Center surely some team will overpay for his service... so probably next year Brook's contract will be north of 10 mil..

If I'm the Magic I will clearly take OKC's young players..

harden, westbrook and ibaka will be a very good core to build on.. If indeed OKC makes an offer..

Could never see Dwight playing in OKC

Raph12
who would Raph? ;)

Apparently CP3 lol; however if he takes LAC off of his list, we (Magic) might be able to nab him, seeming as how we could offer something better (Nelson, Redick, Bass & picks) than NYC (Billups, Fields & Balkman?). And plus, we wouldn't need him to extend immediately, once he sees how dominant we could be with him and Dwight, it would be hard to walk away.

PG - CP3/Duhon
SG - QRich/Liggens(current 2011 pick)
SF - Hedo/Harper(current 2011 pick)
PF - (MLE signing)/Anderson
C - Dwight/Orton

We could always fill out the rest of the roster via FA, a lot of vets would be coming off of the books (Carter, Hill, maybe even TMac lol) and there are a few solid PFs that would could sign with the MLE (Baby, KMart, maybe CLandry)... With D12 and CP3 recruiting, we could become a legit contender year-in, year-out.

Cano-Montero...
Great post: I just have never heard of D12 saying he would ok with Oklahoma. I don't see that happening.

yeah I know...

That is why I keep on saying that Otis will ask a list of teams from Dwight this is knowing he wont resign with Magic..Then Dwight gives him a list and SMith will contact those teams and maximize what he can get for Dwight..SImple as that.. All parties end up happy..

JordansBulls
12-02-2011, 11:38 PM

I just don't understand why the arguably best player in the league would need to go somewhere that has players who have already won titles and league and finals mvp's such as in Dallas or LA. Why the hell would you want that? At least when Shaq or other guys like Kareem or Wilt went to LA they were the established star at the time they went there.

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:38 PM
read this:

adult enough for you

I know reality hurts.

What?

JNA17
12-02-2011, 11:39 PM
snip

I would read it but your a giants fan.

thenetslegend

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7303109/deron-williams-agent-says-client-sign-extension-nets

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

BradHolt4CYoung

Who's the Quarterback in LA? Oh wait... "Corky Manning":facepalm: wtf are you even saying...dont know what the hell that has to with the NBA.Yes I did hear him say that. He was asked his top 5 players so he couldnt just answer 1 player..:facepalm:

Is english your 12th language?

Cano-Montero...
Apparently CP3 lol; however if he takes LAC off of his list, we (Magic) might be able to nab him, seeming as how we could offer something better (Nelson, Redick, Bass & picks) than NYC (Billups, Fields & Balkman?). And plus, we wouldn't need him to extend immediately, once he sees how dominant we could be with him and Dwight, it would be hard to walk away.

PG - CP3/Duhon
SG - QRich/Liggens(current 2011 pick)
SF - Hedo/Harper(current 2011 pick)
PF - (MLE signing)/Anderson
C - Dwight/Orton

We could always fill out the rest of the roster via FA, a lot of vets would be coming off of the books (Carter, Hill, maybe even TMac lol) and there are a few solid PFs that would could sign with the MLE (Baby, KMart, maybe CLandry)... With D12 and CP3 recruiting, we could become a legit contender year-in, year-out.

Lmao paul wants to play for clips?

But i think if OKC makes and offer... they can trump those 2 trades...

VinceCarter
12-02-2011, 11:41 PM

"Based on the new rules, it doesn't make any sense for him to sign the extension," Jeff Schwartz told The Bergen (N.J.) Record. "It has nothing to do with how much he likes New Jersey. Because of the rules, he's going to play the season out and opt out of his deal."

2nd paragraph says it all.

Looks like you were only reading headlines. :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
Wow, PSD is very childish. Please stop making this into an insult-fest. Just be happy that we have NBA basketball to actually look forward to after this lockout finally ending. Appreciate it people. Stop making this into Lakers fans vs Nets fans vs Magic fans.

imagesrdecievin

Read the article - not the headline

BradHolt4CYoung
12-02-2011, 11:42 PM

lol this guy does not know hot to read. From the article YOU JUST POSTED:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Deron Williams' agent says his client will not sign an extension with the New Jersey Nets during the season.

"Based on the new rules, it doesn't make any sense for him to sign the extension," Jeff Schwartz told The Bergen (N.J.) Record. "It has nothing to do with how much he likes New Jersey. Because of the rules, he's going to play the season out and opt out of his deal."

Williams
Sources close to the team said the Nets aren't concerned by the news, saying they knew it was going to happen.

It is not surprising that Williams would take this route. He can earn roughly $30 million more by opting out at the end of the season and re-signing with the Nets, if that's what he decides to do.

Williams echoed those thoughts on Twitter.

"Don't know why people are tripping just bc I'm opting out doesn't mean that I won't resign with the nets! W/ new CBA it makes sense," a post on his Twitter account read.

According to the new CBA, when it is ratified, Williams can sign a two-year extension during the season that would be tacked on to the two years left on his current contract, bringing the total value of the deal to approximately four years and $70 million.

If he waits until after the season, he could get a contract for five years worth $100 million from the Nets, or a four-year, $70 million deal from anybody else.

:facepalm: :laugh:

:laugh2:

JNA17
12-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Read the article - not the headline

Oh wait I'm sorry let me borrow your Nets glasses.

VinceCarter
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Wow, PSD is very childish. Please stop making this into an insult-fest. Just be happy that we have NBA basketball to actually look forward to after this lockout finally ending. Appreciate it people. Stop making this into Lakers fans vs Nets fans vs Magic fans.

Welcome to PSD!!

Gram
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
read this:

adult enough for you

I know reality hurts.

Gentlemen, this is my new favourite poster on PSD. Not only is he new to the site, but is also in love with Dwight, like too many people are. Second he puts down guys like DoMeFavors, saying that no one wants to go to his team. (Like many Laker fans) Not only that, but after he types something that looks like someone had stepped on his keyboard, after a request to type clearer, he types like he got hit in the head in the middle of his sentence. Wonderful addition to the PSD team, and I hope he furthers his contribution to this wonderful forum with Laker info and insight.

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:44 PM
I just don't understand why the arguably best player in the league would need to go somewhere that has players who have already won titles and league and finals mvp's such as in Dallas or LA. Why the hell would you want that? At least when Shaq or other guys like Kareem or Wilt went to LA they were the established star at the time they went there.

You mean like Chicago where the greatest player the league ever saw won 6 titles?

DoMeFavors
12-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Gentlemen, this is my new favourite poster on PSD. Not only is he new to the site, but is also in love with Dwight, like too many people are. Second he puts down guys like DoMeFavors, saying that no one wants to go to his team. (Like many Laker fans) Not only that, but after he types something that looks like someone had stepped on his keyboard, after a request to type clearer, he types like he got hit in the head in the middle of his sentence. Wonderful addition to the PSD team, and I hope he furthers his contribution to this wonderful forum with Laker info and insight.

Pretty sure this guy is someone that was banned that probably got a new account

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM

First of all where are the gentlemen? non on this site, second yeah i'm in loooooooove with our soon to be new center: The domination of the BIG MAN CONTINUES

Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
D12

I admit i got a man crush on D12---especially when he puts on the purple and gold.

Gram
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM

Pretty sure this guy is someone that was banned that probably got a new account

lol he doesn't seem familiar to me, the way he types or whatever, but he probably is one haha.

Gram
12-02-2011, 11:50 PM
First of all where are the gentlemen? non on this site, second yeah i'm in loooooooove with our soon to be new center: The domination of the BIG MAN CONTINUES

Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
D12

I admit i got a man crush on D12---especially when he puts on the purple and gold.

Well I for sure am a gentleman. DoMeFavors is one. Bradholt isn't bad. The new KBPauD12 guy is one of the few mature Laker fans here. VinceCarter just gave a nice warm welcome to KBPauD12. We're all gentlemen, aside from you my friend. ;)

imagesrdecievin
12-02-2011, 11:50 PM
I don't know who to be more embarrassed for? Domefavors for actually believing what he does or the people that seriously argue with him?

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Who's the Quarterback in LA? Oh wait... "Corky Manning":facepalm: wtf are you even saying...dont know what the hell that has to with the NBA.Yes I did hear him say that. He was asked his top 5 players so he couldnt just answer 1 player..:facepalm:

Is english your 12th language?

Who cares about football in L.A? i don't so that's not even funny

Corky from "life goes on" don't act like you don't know---it's your style T.V show and he looks dead-on like Peyton's little brother (kinda like the Nets are the little brothers to the Knicks ya know)

My english is just fine, were posting on a sports forum funny guy. Who cares about grammer right now?? I don't! I'm here posting D12 LakerLand.

Cano-Montero...
12-02-2011, 11:53 PM

for
Dwight and Hedo

Not possible in new CBA...;)

The new salary floor guarantees that cheaper teams have to spend money. Every team HAS to spend 85 percent of the salary cap for the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons (it's $49.3 million this season), then 90 percent for every season after that.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7307298/the-first-day-nba-christmas
might wanna read this..will help you out..lol

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:54 PM
I don't know who to be more embarrassed for? Domefavors for actually believing what he does or the people that seriously argue with him?

Your right my bad i will stop. He thinks the Nets are actually a desirable city and or is even talked about with popularity like the real teams.

Gram
12-02-2011, 11:55 PM

Corky from "life goes on" don't act like you don't know---it's your style T.V show and he looks dead-on like Peyton's little brother (kinda like the Nets are the little brothers to the Knicks ya know)

My english is just fine, were posting on a sports forum funny guy. Who cares about grammer right now?? I don't! I'm here posting D12 LakerLand.

I care about grammar on this site. I've actually made a name for myself in the Piston forum about being the snarkiest guy about using bad grammar. But everyone there save a few really like me. ;)

luke21
12-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Well I for sure am a gentleman. DoMeFavors is one. Bradholt isn't bad. The new KBPauD12 guy is one of the few mature Laker fans here. VinceCarter just gave a nice warm welcome to KBPauD12. We're all gentlemen, aside from you my friend. ;)

See that's the thing:

I have a real life so i could care-less what a tool bag or two thinks of me on here........it's a fun little sports site.

Relax Captain Serious!

Gram
12-02-2011, 11:58 PM
See that's the thing:

I have a real life so i could care-less what a tool bag or two thinks of me on here........it's a fun little sports site.

Relax Captain Serious!

Lol you think I'm being serious? Lol this site's only for laughs bro.

imagesrdecievin
12-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Your right my bad i will stop. He thinks the Nets are actually a desirable city and or is even talked about with popularity like the real teams.

In this case I am more embarrassed for you. Domefavors - as silly as his beliefs are - he is genuine. You are just looking to bait and start ish. I enjoy debating with the informed posters that care to share their pov and listen to others. You on the other hand...

Well I guess baiters gonna bait.

VinceCarter
12-02-2011, 11:59 PM

You may be correct here but when you want your points to be taken seriously you need to show some good grammar.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 12:00 AM
See that's the thing:

Relax Captain Serious!

Good and interesting sports conversations can happen when you don't necessarily have to accept the other person's opinions, but you respect or have a minute sense of consideration for their opinions. That's what makes sports talk so fun.

You can do without insults and childish remarks.

DoMeFavors
12-03-2011, 12:00 AM

Well it was a pleasure talking with you, I hope you enjoy watching your team this season. I know I will :)

luke21
12-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Lol you think I'm being serious? Lol this site's only for laughs bro.

A true gentlemen wouldn't call me "bro"

:D

you did make some excellent points on D12 possible suitors in previous post.

I know that after this season there is a "team option" on Bynum for next year
but i thought Odom was a guaranteed left next year. If the Lakers took Hedo off their hands plus let Odom and Bynum walk that would be a ton of cash!

BradHolt4CYoung
12-03-2011, 12:01 AM

I have no idea what you are talking about I just googled it. Considering Eli is Peyton's younger brother it makes sense that he would look like it....

Your smart enough to know this is a sports forum, do you realize that this thread is about Dwight Howard and not "corky" Manning?

The Nets dont even play in the same state as the Knicks. And the Knicks made the playoffs the first time last year in 7 years.

luke21
12-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Well it was a pleasure talking with you, I hope you enjoy watching your team this season. I know I will :)

yeah a lot of fun on here i had.......don't run to far though cause once D12 goes to the Lakers you better not hide. Man up

DoMeFavors
12-03-2011, 12:03 AM
yeah a lot of fun on here i had.......don't run to far though cause once D12 goes to the Lakers you better not hide. Man up

Ok see you around then!

Gram
12-03-2011, 12:06 AM
A true gentlemen wouldn't call me "bro"

:D

you did make some excellent points on D12 possible suitors in previous post.

I know that after this season there is a "team option" on Bynum for next year
but i thought Odom was a guaranteed left next year. If the Lakers took Hedo off their hands plus let Odom and Bynum walk that would be a ton of cash!

Hahaha if you ever heard my voice in real life you'd know that although I dress and look like a gentleman, I ain't no gentleman. Haha!

I still can't believe Hedo got that contract from Toronto way back in 09 or whatever. I know it's a bit off topic but I called from day one when he signed it he'd choke in Toronto. Lol.

That would be nice cap relief for LA. What is their payroll now like 90 still?

luke21
12-03-2011, 12:07 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about I just googled it. Considering Eli is Peyton's younger brother it makes sense that he would look like it....

Your smart enough to know this is a sports forum, do you realize that this thread is about Dwight Howard and not "corky" Manning?

The Nets dont even play in the same state as the Knicks. And the Knicks made the playoffs the first time last year in 7 years.

I'm over the Corky thing because you just don't get it! Your not going to either.

The Knicks don't have to be good, they can suck for 20 years but still have a historic team, historic arena. It's the name on the jersey pal. Look at the Celtics after the 80's! crap until 2008! eventually stars will always line up and play for the big names (Lakers,Celtics,Knicks) it's called history.............That's why guys like M.J, Kobe and LBJ always get geared up to play the Knicks even when they suck. Those guys come into the Garden and drop 50-60 point games.

ichitownclowni
12-03-2011, 12:07 AM
instead of worrying about the team and the players on it they all want money hel I could start a team of 5th graders and pay Dwight 5 mil more than what the LAL would pay him and he would be dunking on lil jimmys

DoMeFavors
12-03-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm over the Corky thing because you just don't get it! Your not going to either.

The Knicks don't have to be good, they can suck for 20 years but still have a historic team, historic arena. It's the name on the jersey pal. Look at the Celtics after the 80's! crap until 2008! eventually stars will always line up and play for the big names (Lakers,Celtics,Knicks) it's called history.............That's why guys like M.J, Kobe and LBJ always get geared up to play the Knicks even when they suck. Those guys come into the Garden and drop 50-60 point games.

Its not that hard to get 50 or 60 point games against one of the worst defensive teams ever.

and why do you keep bringing up the Knicks, nobody has talked about them except for you?

luke21
12-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Hahaha if you ever heard my voice in real life you'd know that although I dress and look like a gentleman, I ain't no gentleman. Haha!

I still can't believe Hedo got that contract from Toronto way back in 09 or whatever. I know it's a bit off topic but I called from day one when he signed it he'd choke in Toronto. Lol.

That would be nice cap relief for LA. What is their payroll now like 90 still?

Just over 90 mill

I don't know if you remember but the Lakers were interested in Hedo right before he signed with Toronto. I was like NO!!!!

luke21
12-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Its not that hard to get 50 or 60 point games against one of the worst defensive teams ever.

ummmm M.J was dropping that on them when they had Oakley,Mason,Ewing and Anthony

all i'm saying is the Nets can't lure big names like the Knicks---sorry but it's like the J.V team in high school

luke21
12-03-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm tired

Good night ladies....

Greet
12-03-2011, 12:13 AM
ummmm M.J was dropping that on them when they had Oakley,Mason,Ewing and Anthony

all i'm saying is the Nets can't lure big names like the Knicks---sorry but it's like the J.V team in high school

....We've had Kidd/RJ/Carter/K-Mart....

Chill_Will_24
12-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Does anyone here really believe Dwight doesnt know Deron Williams name? That smile was so coy

DoMeFavors
12-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Good Night Luke, Dwight is going to a JV team!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 12:20 AM
....We've had Kidd/RJ/Carter/K-Mart....

None of them were free agents.

J-Kidd was traded from the Suns for Marbury. Carter was traded from the Raptors for Zo + fillers. K-Mart was a lottery #1 overall draft pick for NJ in 2000. RJ was drafted by the Houston Rockets and traded on draft day to NJ.

DoMeFavors
12-03-2011, 12:22 AM

J-Kidd was traded from the Suns for Marbury. Carter was traded from the Raptors for Zo + fillers. K-Mart was a lottery #1 overall draft pick for NJ in 2000. RJ was drafted by the Houston Rockets and traded on draft day to NJ.

Alonzo Mourning
Shareef Abdur-Rahim

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Alonzo Mourning
Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Zo, Aaron Williams, Eric Williams + 2 1st rounders

BradHolt4CYoung
12-03-2011, 12:24 AM

Howard isn't a free agent either.

The fact is that none of those guys demanded to be traded from NJ..they were all very happy being a Net.

DoMeFavors
12-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Zo, Aaron Williams, Eric Williams + 2 1st rounders

Yes thats what we traded him for VC

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Howard isn't a free agent either.

The fact is that none of those guys demanded to be traded from NJ..they were all very happy being a Net.

Very true, J-Kidd and RJ I think had the best stretch of his careers when they were Nets. In fact, J-Kidd was an MVP candidate in 2002

Greet
12-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Very true, J-Kidd and RJ I think had the best stretch of his careers when they were Nets. In fact, J-Kidd was an MVP candidate in 2002

Kidd is one of the best PGs of all-time, heck..one of the best players of all-time.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Kidd is one of the best PGs of all-time, heck..one of the best players of all-time.

His time with New Jersey and leading them to 2 straight finals appearances in 02 and 03 are highly underrated and overlooked.

BradHolt4CYoung
12-03-2011, 12:29 AM

The Nets memories I have of J Kidd and RJ are the best (and VC for a couple years). The team was so fun to watch. Jason Kidd is so fun to watch, not many player like him. And RJ was so good for us before Chauncy Billups fouled him and got him hurt.

Miss those days.