PDA

View Full Version : Ekpe Udoh

MackShock
12-02-2011, 05:54 PM
What are you're thoughts on the Nigerian Nightmare?

Let's assume we amnesty David Lee. And Sign Tyson Chandler or Nene. Keyword assume. Please don't get bent out of shape and say this wont happen.

Would you trust Ekpe with starting duties at the 4?

Why or why not?

MackShock
12-02-2011, 05:58 PM
I think he will hinder our rebounding and scoring up front, but Nene will make up for that. It will also make for two beasts.

Or, he will hinder our rebounding and scoring up front, and Chandler will only make up for the rebounding.

Does it make sense to have 2 great defensive presences up front but cant play a lick of offense unless Curry dimes it to them?

How would a Biedrins and Udoh frontcourt look to you?

likemystylez
12-02-2011, 11:42 PM
I dont think Udoh is the answer at the 4 as a starter. Not to go against your wishes but Im starting to think as fans we should start looking at some useful players who might be more likely to be signed by the warriors.

I think players like Chris Wilcox, Kwame Brown, Aaron Grey, Jeff Foster, Leon powe might be more the types of players the warriors will be signing. m,aybe they even sign a couple of these types of players for front court depth. I actually think if they got say... Aaron Grey and Chris Wilcox... the team would be improved.

maybe they throw in another player with part of the midlevel like Willie Green, Shannon brown, Delonte West or maybe rodney stuckey?..... these wouldnt be moves that made them contenders, but it could help them in terms of having a bench and giving some of the starters a break. Its gonna be hard for monta curry and wright to all be out there 40+ minutes every single game in this compact schedule... LOL esp if mark jackson is actually going to expect them to use energy on the defensive side of the ball as well.

djeller1139
12-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Not yet. He needs another year of development at the least.

Also, we won't amnesty David Lee. And if we were, it'd make much more sense to wait until Udoh IS ready to do it.

Monta is beast
12-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Absolutely. A front court of Udoh and Chandler would be one of the best defensive front court's in the league.

MackShock
12-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Absolutely. A front court of Udoh and Chandler would be one of the best defensive front court's in the league.

But we would have a non-offensive front court. We need scoring big men..

Monta is beast
12-03-2011, 12:16 AM
But we would have a non-offensive front court. We need scoring big men..

True, I hope Udoh can really start to become that back to the basket guy we so desperately need.

COOLbeans
12-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Udoh could score a little bit last season but he's gotta show me more before he's a starter. but hes got potential coming out of a shortened rookie season and he did have a little game on the offensive end.

Lloyd Christmas
12-03-2011, 02:36 AM
I think I would rather have him coming off the bench, but he will force his way into the starting lineup after about 25 games. And even when your hypothetical scenario doesn't happen he will replace Biedrins in the starting lineup after Jackson realizes Biedrins is worthless.

Monta is beast
12-03-2011, 03:29 AM
I think I would rather have him coming off the bench, but he will force his way into the starting lineup after about 25 games. And even when your hypothetical scenario doesn't happen he will replace Biedrins in the starting lineup after Jackson realizes Biedrins is worthless.

What if Biedrins plays well? It's not out of the question.

likemystylez
12-03-2011, 11:33 AM

Yeah, go ahead and post that statement somewhere back in the fall of 2009 in the forum.

The time to wait this out on Beidrins has really gone by. He has been more than a reasonable amount of time to bounce back. I suppose its not impossible but it wouldnt be prudent for management to hinge our season on whether beans gets it back at this point. Too much is riding on this season with the promises of the coach and the new ownership.

Leandres_sf
12-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't think Udoh is ready for starter type minutes, he would be an offensvie liability. IF Nene got signed the front court combo of Nene/Udoh MIGHT work, but I definately don't see Chandler/Udoh working.

Biedrins has to be the guy they use the amnesty on. Nene/Lee or Chandler/Lee is a much better front court than the other two options.

Lloyd Christmas
12-03-2011, 06:48 PM

If Biedrins plays well then we should trade him immidiately.