PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Pursuing Tyson Chandler

MackShock
12-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Behind Dirk Nowitzki, Tyson Chandler was perhaps the most important piece to last year's title run for the Dallas Mavericks . Chandler set devastating screens and was the main force on the rebounding glass, and his defense helped clog up the paint for the Mavs. Dallas's main priority this offseason appeared to be toward resigning Chandler to make another run at a championship while all the players on the Mavs were still veterans.

Chandler returning to Dallas might not be as much a certainty as originally thought though. Chris Broussard and Marc Stein report .

In a surprise development on the first day that NBA teams and agents could start talking about new contracts, Tyson Chandler came away convinced that his time with the Dallas Mavericks is coming to an end.

"I really think I'm going to be on a new team come training camp," Chandler told ESPN.com in a telephone interview Wednesday night. "I'm really taking a hard look at all of my options, trying to see what best suits me."

Obviously, this might be posturing for Chandler to get a bigger deal from Dallas so he can be assured of finishing the rest of his prime years with Dallas and Nowitzki. It's not like Mark Cuban isn't reticent to spending for his players.

One of the teams that's pursuing Chandler the most is the Golden State Warriors (along with the New Jersey Nets, Houston Rockets and the Toronto Raptors). The Warriors definitely have size issues that give them huge issues, and it makes sense why they'd want a rebounder like Chandler.

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/golden-state-warriors/2011/12/1/2602300/tyson-chandler-golden-state-warriors-nba-free-agents-2011

MackShock
12-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I know Riley said we werent gonna do anything..but there are many reports that we are very active..so thats a good sign.

Leandres_sf
12-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Chandler would be a great addition. I think I'd rather have Nene, but think he might command a bit more money.

Lloyd Christmas
12-02-2011, 06:06 PM
If we are going to keep Curry/Monta/Wright/Lee then Chandler is probably the best fit even though Nene is the better player.

Lloyd Christmas
12-02-2011, 06:06 PM
I still doubt Dallas lets Chandler go though.

MackShock
12-02-2011, 06:20 PM
The problem is, can we keep Lee and Chandler?

If we do, that means Biedrins is a likely amnesty candidate. But can we do that AFTER we come to terms and sign Chandler? it would be a slap in the face to do it before, and then have Chandler change his mind

BrandoCommando
12-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I'd love to have Chandler. Big guy that plays some D. Get it done

Saltinuts40
12-02-2011, 06:52 PM

If we do, that means Biedrins is a likely amnesty candidate. But can we do that AFTER we come to terms and sign Chandler? it would be a slap in the face to do it before, and then have Chandler change his mind

We could sign and trade so Tyson Chandler gets a 5 year deal and Andris Biedrins goes to Dallas. If Dallas is going to lose Chandler, they might as well bring in a 25 year old who can block shots and defend the rim. They got something out of Erick Dampier the last time they made a deal with us.

Leandres_sf
12-02-2011, 07:24 PM
We could sign and trade so Tyson Chandler gets a 5 year deal and Andris Biedrins goes to Dallas. If Dallas is going to lose Chandler, they might as well bring in a 25 year old who can block shots and defend the rim. They got something out of Erick Dampier the last time they made a deal with us.

Actually not a bad idea...

Lloyd Christmas
12-02-2011, 07:35 PM

Why wouldn't Cuban just pay the extra 4 mil for Chandler?

BKLYNpigeon
12-02-2011, 08:00 PM

dumb, why the hell would Dallas take on Biendrins's contract? they could pay a few more million and keep Chandler. or they could wait for the warriors to amnesty Biedrins and get him on the cheap.

GiantsNinersW's
12-02-2011, 08:20 PM
All I want for Christmas is Tyson Chandler playing for Warriors.

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Chandler

That's a really, really good starting five right there.

Please, please, please make it so!

BKLYNpigeon
12-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah I think Tyson Chandler would be the best fit on the team. with all of the shooters on our team, theres not enough touches to give up to Nene. Chandler, plays great Defense, grabs rebounds and does not need the ball to score points.

Tyson Chandler = a WAY better version of Biedrins of 2008.

San Fran Giant
12-02-2011, 09:51 PM

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Chandler

:pray:
This team would be sick!!!!
We have to amnesty Biedrins if not :facepalm:

TrueFan420
12-02-2011, 09:55 PM
if we get chandler that would be epic but i wont hold my breathe

MackShock
12-02-2011, 11:34 PM

Actually not a bad idea...

not bad at all..

MackShock
12-02-2011, 11:37 PM
dumb, why the hell would Dallas take on Biendrins's contract? they could pay a few more million and keep Chandler. or they could wait for the warriors to amnesty Biedrins and get him on the cheap.

why did you quote me on this? it had nothing to do with a sign and trade for chandler..

although it aint a bad idea. there would probably need to be a third team involved..i dont think dallas in interested in beans..but some teams are...maybe the rockets?

MackShock
12-02-2011, 11:38 PM

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Chandler

:pray:
This team would be sick!!!!
We have to amnesty Biedrins if not :facepalm:

we wont have a bench though.

djeller1139
12-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Tyson Chandler would be TOO perfect.

Monta is beast
12-02-2011, 11:54 PM
If we get Chandler this would be the best off-season in a long time. He is exactly what this team needs.

Curry-Law
Ellis-Williams
Wright-Throrton
Lee-Amundson
Chandler-Udoh

NBA_Starter
12-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Don't overpay him, he'll revert back to not caring Chandler.

Monta is beast
12-02-2011, 11:57 PM
why did you quote me on this? it had nothing to do with a sign and trade for chandler..

although it aint a bad idea. there would probably need to be a third team involved..i dont think dallas in interested in beans..but some teams are...maybe the rockets?

If there were to be a sign and trade what do you think it would take? Maybe something like Thompson, Udoh, and maybe a second, but we wouldn't have much depth.

Curry-Law
Ellis-Williams
Wright-Thorton
Lee-Amundson
Chandler-Tyler/Biedrins

MackShock
12-03-2011, 12:07 AM
If there were to be a sign and trade what do you think it would take? Maybe something like Thompson, Udoh, and maybe a second, but we wouldn't have much depth.

Curry-Law
Ellis-Williams
Wright-Thorton
Lee-Amundson
Chandler-Tyler/Biedrins

Assuming Chandler's contract will be 12 or 13 mill..

Beans + Bell can do it I think..may have to add Thompson in there not sure.

Monta is beast
12-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Assuming Chandler's contract will be 12 or 13 mill..

Beans + Bell can do it I think..may have to add Thompson in there not sure.

Yeah that seems like a good trade. Also if we do get Chandler in a sign and trade we would still have money to go out an sign someone like Battier, to give us a defensive presence on the wing.

likemystylez
12-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Yeah that seems like a good trade. Also if we do get Chandler in a sign and trade we would still have money to go out an sign someone like Battier, to give us a defensive presence on the wing.

mark cuban is not going to sign and trade chandler. He isnt going to help another team get chandler. not a chance at all. and if he was willing to take on beidrins contract, he would be a complete idiot not to just resign chandler and use amnesty on brendon hayward.

BTW- brendon heyward and possibly Kamen are guys who the warriors should be watching the amnesty waiver wires for.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-03-2011, 01:00 AM
^
I don't think Cuban would amnesty his backup Center considering the possibility of Chandler leaving.

likemystylez
12-03-2011, 01:08 AM
^
I don't think Cuban would amnesty his backup Center considering the possibility of Chandler leaving.

I think he uses the amnesty on hayward if he is being forced to pay a lot for chandler. Obviously hayward doesnt get amnitized until chandler is in the bag.

robbnen#31
12-03-2011, 01:22 AM
On one of the rumor sites it was saying that Chandler believes his days in Dallas are numbered. I don't know how much merit to put into that, but it's positive for us at least.

COOLbeans
12-03-2011, 01:41 AM
"On one of the rumor sites it was saying that Chandler believes his days in Dallas are numbered. I don't know how much merit to put into that, but it's positive for us at least."

I dont think theres any merit to that at all. id drive the price up on the champs as well. they want to remain the champs and repeat before Dirks done.

and besides, i really hope lacob and gruber will just go into the luxury tax and create some real depth on this team. biedrins could be a pretty good backup, and he doesnt have more than 3 years left at 9 million per. thats a hefty price to pay but hopefully these guys have a plan to get into at least the playoffs much less a win or even a series win.

Jeff559
12-03-2011, 02:00 AM

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Chandler

LOL. actually that is still a pretty mediocre starting five.

COOLbeans
12-03-2011, 02:12 AM
LOL. actually that is still a pretty mediocre starting five.

im not really following how thats a mediocre starting five unless youre not a Monta or Steph fan and then i can understand where youre coming from.

Lloyd Christmas
12-03-2011, 02:30 AM
I think he just means our starting 5 would still ba a fringe playoff team starting 5. When I think really really good I think of the Heat's starting 5.

Bayareaboy
12-03-2011, 02:33 AM
I'd actually b pretty happy if we just got chandler that's a solid 5 that we need. I hear concerns of depth but really it depends how well the rookies translate.
Curry/Lin/Jenkins
Ellis/Thompson
Wright/Thompson
Lee/Amundson
Chandler/udoh
I'd also b fine with resigning Thornton and if possible Williams for depth. I think we can te Thornton cheap and thought he played well last year off the bench.
Now on another note if for some strange reason wee could pull off the CP3 deal with an extension also I'm fine with giving up curry

goldenstater
12-03-2011, 02:35 AM
he woud be a better fit than anyone else, we got scoring. we need a defender!

goldenstater
12-03-2011, 02:40 AM
i think thompsen and jenkins will completely solidify our bench with Udoh one year older and not a bad big man at all coming off the bench.

PatelJ1010
12-03-2011, 03:23 AM
I'd actually b pretty happy if we just got chandler that's a solid 5 that we need. I hear concerns of depth but really it depends how well the rookies translate.
Curry/Lin/Jenkins
Ellis/Thompson
Wright/Thompson
Lee/Amundson
Chandler/udoh
I'd also b fine with resigning Thornton and if possible Williams for depth. I think we can te Thornton cheap and thought he played well last year off the bench.
Now on another note if for some strange reason wee could pull off the CP3 deal with an extension also I'm fine with giving up curry

Well If we do get Chandler, Paul "might" come because he and the big man know each other. 7'1 Chandler is and that is quite big. I just hope he doesn't get injuried

Bayareaboy
12-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Well If we do get Chandler, Paul "might" come because he and the big man know each other. 7'1 Chandler is and that is quite big. I just hope he doesn't get injuried

Could u imagine if we got Paul with an extension BEAST!
CP3/Jenkins/Lin
Ellis/Thompson
Wright/Thompson
Lee/Amundson
Chandlers/udoh/Tyler
I CAN DIG IT! CHAMPIONSHIP

Monta is beast
12-03-2011, 04:01 AM
Could u imagine if we got Paul with an extension BEAST!
CP3/Jenkins/Lin
Ellis/Thompson
Wright/Thompson
Lee/Amundson
Chandlers/udoh/Tyler
I CAN DIG IT! CHAMPIONSHIP

Its not happening.

MackShock
12-03-2011, 04:01 AM
Our backcourt would still be small as hell.

Bayareaboy
12-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Our backcourt would still be small as hell.

Yes but way better offensively and defensively. Look we just saw the mavs who have one of the smallest backcourts n the nba win a title y can't we? Just need defense and a solid center that plays defense

MackShock
12-03-2011, 05:29 AM
Yes but way better offensively and defensively. Look we just saw the mavs who have one of the smallest backcourts n the nba win a title y can't we? Just need defense and a solid center that plays defense

they had a big backcourt..kidd 6'4 and they started deshawn stevenson 6'7...terry was deshawn's backup and i know they ran kidd and terry a good amount of the time. but the difference is deshawn is a defensive minded starting 2. monta isnt..and he isnt 6'7.

not to say that it wouldnt work, if i had a choice id want to keep curry and monta to see what they can do..even paul and monta (which would be super small) but i dont see how it makes us better defensively. paul is definitely a defensive upgrade from curry, and yes we do need a big man like chandler who plays defense. i just dont think chandler has an offensive game. much like beans, he relies on alley oops and put backs for his points.

Bayareaboy
12-03-2011, 06:08 AM
they had a big backcourt..kidd 6'4 and they started deshawn stevenson 6'7...terry was deshawn's backup and i know they ran kidd and terry a good amount of the time. but the difference is deshawn is a defensive minded starting 2. monta isnt..and he isnt 6'7.

not to say that it wouldnt work, if i had a choice id want to keep curry and monta to see what they can do..even paul and monta (which would be super small) but i dont see how it makes us better defensively. paul is definitely a defensive upgrade from curry, and yes we do need a big man like chandler who plays defense. i just dont think chandler has an offensive game. much like beans, he relies on alley oops and put backs for his points.

Aren't Paul and curry the same height? I'm not really sure that's y I ask I thought they were. But besides Paul. I don't wanna break up the back courts yet. Everyone's wants to dump Ellis for size but what frustrates me is. Urey had a bad year last year and I really hope he does way better then he did. I say keep the back courts we have. Unless we can get Paul of course. And honestly we don't need chandler to score that's what we have Ellis curry wright and lee for. That's just the starters I'm naming I know Thompson can score and will see on udoh, plus the other rookies. We have a stong defensive monded assistant coach now that will be strongly involved so we can get better. Let's add one or two solid peices great coaching and were a playoff team. Shoot look at the niners

MackShock
12-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Aren't Paul and curry the same height? I'm not really sure that's y I ask I thought they were. But besides Paul. I don't wanna break up the back courts yet. Everyone's wants to dump Ellis for size but what frustrates me is. Urey had a bad year last year and I really hope he does way better then he did. I say keep the back courts we have. Unless we can get Paul of course. And honestly we don't need chandler to score that's what we have Ellis curry wright and lee for. That's just the starters I'm naming I know Thompson can score and will see on udoh, plus the other rookies. We have a stong defensive monded assistant coach now that will be strongly involved so we can get better. Let's add one or two solid peices great coaching and were a playoff team. Shoot look at the niners

Paul is actually 5'11..but 6'1 with shoes. Small guy but is a veteran compared to Curry. I wouldnt say Id take him over Curry, because Curry is going to explode this year and he's the future.

Whos Urey?

We dont need Chandler to score. But what if we gets injured on us?

Think about it, if Mark Jackson guaranteed the playoffs, then I'd say lets see if he's BSing. If you're buying it, then why shouldnt you buy his faith on Biedrins regaining form?

If we get Chandler, great..if not, and we dont get anybody else, you better hope Biedrins pans out like Jackson says he will..

Monta is beast
12-03-2011, 07:51 AM
There is a very slight chance we get Paul. He wont sign an extension here.

BKLYNpigeon
12-03-2011, 10:52 AM
SI is reporting that the 3 top centers are going to command a crap lost of money.

Gasol 15mil
Nene 17mil
Chandler 20mil

If that is the asking price, I don't think the warriors should go anywhere near that for chandler, 15mil at most. If that's the case the W's should go after DeAndre Jordon 9-10 mil.

likemystylez
12-03-2011, 11:26 AM
SI is reporting that the 3 top centers are going to command a crap lost of money.

Gasol 15mil
Nene 17mil
Chandler 20mil

If that is the asking price, I don't think the warriors should go anywhere near that for chandler, 15mil at most. If that's the case the W's should go after DeAndre Jordon 9-10 mil.

Hmmm- thats odd because I think my arrangement of value to each of those players would go in the opposite order.

When you consider a players total game, his age, how he has performed throughout his carreer (not just last season). I think the best longterm investment would clearly be Gasol... followed by Nene, then Tyson Chandler.

I know its a weak free agent class, but I would value those players like this.

Gasol 13-14 million
Nene 12.5-13 million
Chandler not more than 11 million

John408
12-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Chandler is a great free throw shooter too; don't forget that.

MackShock
12-03-2011, 06:01 PM
20 mill for chandler? smoking...

Lloyd Christmas
12-03-2011, 06:43 PM
If Nene costs less then Chandler then we should go after Nene for sure.

Leandres_sf
12-03-2011, 07:25 PM
No way Chandler get more than $12-13 mil, even that would be high, IMO.

MackShock
12-03-2011, 07:59 PM
We should go after DeAndre or another low cost center...what are the chances we sign Tyson or Nene or Marc Gasol

warriors10
12-03-2011, 08:42 PM
there is no way we r getting deandre jordan if we pay him less than 10 million...bcs clippers will be ready to match the offer

Jeff559
12-03-2011, 08:46 PM
im not really following how thats a mediocre starting five unless youre not a Monta or Steph fan and then i can understand where youre coming from.
It is a line up without a top 25 player, thus a still a mediocre lineup. If we sign Chandler to a 5 year, 55 million dollar deal we will basically be a borderline playoff team for the next five years, with no hope of ever competing for a championship. While Chandler would definitely make us better, it will only make us a .500 team, give or take.

MackShock
12-03-2011, 09:48 PM
It is a line up without a top 25 player, thus a still a mediocre lineup. If we sign Chandler to a 5 year, 55 million dollar deal we will basically be a borderline playoff team for the next five years, with no hope of ever competing for a championship. While Chandler would definitely make us better, it will only make us a .500 team, give or take.

Yahoo Fantasy ranks Curry and Monta in the top 15.

Lloyd Christmas
12-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Yahoo Fantasy ranks Curry and Monta in the top 15.

Haha

MackShock
12-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Haha

Que es chistoso mi amigo?

Warriors are getting love :)

steveweve
12-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Amnesty Beans
Package Curry with someone for CP3
Sign Chandler/Nene/ or Gasol. preferably Chandler and sign him long term
Trade Ellis and get Mayo, if they dont take him str8 up package Bell.
CP3
Mayo
Wright
Lee
Chandler/Nene/Gasol

I love watching Curry and Monta with the run and gun type offense, but its just not going to take us to the playoffs. You can't just always rely on their shots falling, their going to off on nights, its just how it is. We also have one of the smallest back courts with them. With Chandler we get a great rebounder, scorer, free throw shooter who we can rely on. I know Curry is progressing each and every week and will only get better over the next few years. But if Jackson is promising the playoffs this year, no way would he leave the roster as it is and rely on Beans bouncing back after a few years. I can see him making a bold move & signing someone big here and soon. But if he does leave the roster as it is before tip off on the 25th, it'd be obvious he was full of BS

MackShock
12-04-2011, 12:11 AM
You want to trade a 6'3 Curry and 6'3 Monta for a 6'0 Paul and 6'4 Mayo..TRIPPIN...you think the backcourt is small now, well have a baby backcourt if this happens..and we cant make up for it with a big frontline. I realize Paul is a better player than Curry but size is everything in this league.

why do we even need to get Paul or Mayo? All we need is to sign Chandler.

steveweve
12-04-2011, 12:19 AM
You want to trade a 6'3 Curry and 6'3 Monta for a 6'0 Paul and 6'4 Mayo..TRIPPIN...you think the backcourt is small now, well have a baby backcourt if this happens..and we cant make up for it with a big frontline. I realize Paul is a better player than Curry but size is everything in this league.

Ellis & Curry do not complement eachother AT ALL. I'd take Mayo over Ellis in a heartbeat. Paul will be very consist and would be a perfect fit alongside of Mayo & a big like Chandler.

steveweve
12-04-2011, 12:24 AM

Also, CP3 is 6'1. And I strongly disagree that "all we need is chandler" with chandler we probably be just above the .500 mark knocking on the door of post season. But with someone like Chris Paul who makes his **** team look decent, imagine what he could do with players like Mayo,Lee,Chandler alongside him. Especially with Jackson as his coach, considering he was a PG and could strongly assist him.

MackShock
12-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Id like to see what Jackson can do with Curry, seeing as he was a point guard. Curry is going to explode this year, and he's going to be in a Warriors uniform when it happens..

If anything, sign Chandler and trade for either a Rudy Gay type or Andre Iguodala. At this point Ellis is more expendable than Curry, and his trade value is very high.

MackShock
12-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Also, Im not exactly sold on Mayo. If I was, and if the Warriors were, they wouldve pulled the trigger on the Mayo and Thabeet for Ellis trade a couple years back.

likemystylez
12-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Ellis & Curry do not complement eachother AT ALL. I'd take Mayo over Ellis in a heartbeat. Paul will be very consist and would be a perfect fit alongside of Mayo & a big like Chandler.

Ok im getting the paul for curry deal. When you have a chance to get the best player in the league at his position... you dont worry so much about the size on your roster.

LOL- Mayo for Ellis? You might be the only person on the planet who would make that trade "in a heartbeat". I don't even think mayo's mom would make that trade in a heartbeat.

1st of all..... Ellis's numbers are better accross the board. he is an inch shorter than mayo, but mayo doesn't excel in Ellis' weaknesses. mayo isnt a great defensive player either.

2nd of all- The salaries arent even close to matching. and LOL at the idea of throwing in charlie bell as if memphis is going to want to take on more garbage. That right there showed me that you dont really understand the needs of either team.

3rd- LOL- we had people on here a few days ago saying that Rudy gay for ellis would not be a good trade for the warriors. LOl rudy gay is 5 times the player mayo is.

Trading ellis for mayo would not make any team in the league better. I even trust that mark jackson would understand that.

likemystylez
12-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Also, Im not exactly sold on Mayo. If I was, and if the Warriors were, they wouldve pulled the trigger on the Mayo and Thabeet for Ellis trade a couple years back.

mayo for ellis would be suicide for a team that promised its fans the playoffs this year. The warriors passed on the mayo for ellis deal 2 yrs ago, and mayo even regressed his second year in the league.

steveweve
12-04-2011, 02:40 AM
I meant Rudy Gay not Mayo, kindve said that I typed his name 4 times without noticing lol

MackShock
12-04-2011, 02:49 AM
^ that changes everything then...

Monta is beast
12-04-2011, 03:20 AM
We should go after DeAndre or another low cost center...what are the chances we sign Tyson or Nene or Marc Gasol

That's what iv been saying. He's young, athletic, defensive stud, and cheaper then other centers in free agent. But I will tell you one thing with all the centers on the market (Nene, Chandler, Gasol, Jordan) I would be disappointed if we didn't come out with a real center this year.

robbnen#31
12-04-2011, 03:30 AM
That's what iv been saying. He's young, athletic, defensive stud, and cheaper then other centers in free agent. But I will tell you one thing with all the centers on the market (Nene, Chandler, Gasol, Jordan) I would be disappointed if we didn't come out with a real center this year.

He certainly looks like he may be, but you also have to realize he has Blake Griffin next to him. The question is whether he will be this good playing when he is playing against a weak defender in David Lee.

Monta is beast
12-04-2011, 03:51 AM
He certainly looks like he may be, but you also have to realize he has Blake Griffin next to him. The question is whether he will be this good playing when he is playing against a weak defender in David Lee.

I don't see how being next to Griffin helps him defensively? Griffin isn't the greatest defender in the league either. So I think he will be just as good if he were to come to Golden State.

Monta is beast
12-04-2011, 05:42 AM
Marc Stein: "But make no mistake: Warriors rank among most serious suitors for Tyson Chandler. If TC and DAL can't work it out, GSW is spot he could land."

Marc Stein: "Warriors still chasing Tyson Chandler (best fit along w/Nene and RFA DeAndre Jordan but also in Kwame mix w/PHILLY/BOS/NYK/ORL and, yes, CHA."

Marc Stein: "Hearing clutch of East teams have expressed interest in Kwame Brown, who's still wanted in Charlotte as well. Also Golden State from West".

likemystylez
12-04-2011, 10:21 AM
I meant Rudy Gay not Mayo, kindve said that I typed his name 4 times without noticing lol

I think gay is probbly better than ellis too. I would eventually pull the trigger on that trade but its not without hesitation for me.

I like Gays game a lot but his contract is HUGE and long, also it concerns me that his team seemed to play better when he went down.

steveweve
12-04-2011, 03:57 PM
I think gay is probbly better than ellis too. I would eventually pull the trigger on that trade but its not without hesitation for me.

I like Gays game a lot but his contract is HUGE and long, also it concerns me that his team seemed to play better when he went down.

I agree, he does have a big contract.. But if Jackson wants the playoffs I think we'll see him make a big move or moving Ellis bringing in another SG that can actually complement Curry.. Otherwise I just don't see it happening

bryan_22221
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Marc Stein: "But make no mistake: Warriors rank among most serious suitors for Tyson Chandler. If TC and DAL can't work it out, GSW is spot he could land."

Marc Stein: "Warriors still chasing Tyson Chandler (best fit along w/Nene and RFA DeAndre Jordan but also in Kwame mix w/PHILLY/BOS/NYK/ORL and, yes, CHA."

Marc Stein: "Hearing clutch of East teams have expressed interest in Kwame Brown, who's still wanted in Charlotte as well. Also Golden State from West".

If we end up with Kwame Brown I will officially be a kings fan for the first time in my life! Are you kidding? Why in the hell would the warriors go after that fat head case? So the warriors are gonna give up Beidrins and sign a guy who is worse? that makes a whole lotta sense

robbnen#31
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM
[/B]

So the warriors are gonna give up Beidrins and sign a guy who is worse? that makes a whole lotta sense

Sadly, that is debatable. I would pick Kwame over Biedrins, but I don't want either of them.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Brown > Biedrins. Plus, Brown would be signed cheap.

MackShock
12-04-2011, 06:35 PM
No way id take Kwame over Biedrins..but it is possible and very debateable that at this point, they are at the same skill level

likemystylez
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Brown > Biedrins. Plus, Brown would be signed cheap.

agreed... it might be something like brown, leon powe and rodney stuckey for beidrins. Then it starts to make sense as our bench would be filling out.

robbnen#31
12-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Chandler To Meet With Warriors, Rockets, Nets

Dallas Mavericks free agent Tyson Chandler will meet face-to-face this week with officials from the Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets and New Jersey Nets, according to sources close to the situation.

Negotiations with the Mavericks have stalled, prompting Chandler to tell ESPN.com on Wednesday night: "I really think I'm going to be on a new team come training camp."

With little movement in the talks in the days since, sources say that Golden State, Houston and New Jersey have emerged as the most serious suitors for Chandler, who is widely credited with changing the defensive culture in Dallas and combining with Mavs mainstay Dirk Nowitzki to spark the franchise to its first-ever championship.

Can't post the link since it's from Real GM, but the source on there was Marc Stein of ESPN.

Also, just saw this now: http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Tyson-Chandler-in-Bay-Area-for-49ers-gam?blockID=605648&feedID=2539

Chandler was at the Niners game today, looks like he is meeting with the Warriors tomorrow.

Lloyd Christmas
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
WOW! Get it done Warriors!

moshy2
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Chandler is just what the warriors need. Get it done

likemystylez
12-04-2011, 11:19 PM
it will be interesting to see what he winds up demanding for a contract.

MackShock
12-04-2011, 11:45 PM
I wouldnt say he's what the Warriors need, but he would definitely help. He's gonna get over payed though.

COOLbeans
12-04-2011, 11:55 PM
I wouldnt say he's what the Warriors need, but he would definitely help. He's gonna get over payed though.

what would you say is the warriors biggest need?

MackShock
12-05-2011, 01:18 AM
what would you say is the warriors biggest need?

You probably read my post wrong..

But to answer your question, a center is the Warriors biggest need. If anything, I'd prefer to have DeAndre Jordan over Chandler. Whats the point of over paying Chandler if we can get DJ to do the exact same thing for cheaper? DJ is coming into his own too..and he can be more productive than Chandler will be since he is on the decline..turning 30 soon.

robbnen#31
12-05-2011, 01:55 AM
I said before that I think Chandler is one of the more overrated players in this free agent class, but I would still be content if we do end up signing him given our prior history of free agent (lack of) success.

Leandres_sf
12-05-2011, 05:27 AM
Let the madness that is a condensed Free Agency period begin!...well, sort of...

kikeyanez
12-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Amnesty Andris biedrins,Trade Stephen Curry& david Lee for cp3,sign tyson chandler then offer Monta Ellis & tyson chandler to the magic for dwight howard

likemystylez
12-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Amnesty Andris biedrins,Trade Stephen Curry& david Lee for cp3,sign tyson chandler then offer Monta Ellis & tyson chandler to the magic for dwight howard

and don't forget to save the association file before you turn off your 360.

likemystylez
12-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Chandler To Meet With Warriors, Rockets, Nets

Can't post the link since it's from Real GM, but the source on there was Marc Stein of ESPN.

Also, just saw this now: http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Tyson-Chandler-in-Bay-Area-for-49ers-gam?blockID=605648&feedID=2539

Chandler was at the Niners game today, looks like he is meeting with the Warriors tomorrow.

I thought I read an article that said a lot of the teams were going to go to the players during this courting process to minimize the players traveling in the few days before training camp opens.

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
chandler to meet with warriors, rockets, nets

can't post the link since it's from real gm, but the source on there was marc stein of espn.

Also, just saw this now: http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/tyson-chandler-in-bay-area-for-49ers-gam?blockid=605648&feedid=2539

chandler was at the niners game today, looks like he is meeting with the warriors tomorrow.

please make tyson chandler a warriors!!!!

Scoots
12-05-2011, 01:30 PM
If we can get Chandler and keep Biedrins that might be the best possible answer. Maybe Chandler would wake Biedrins up to his potential, and if Biedrins was playing the best of his career then a front line of Lee, Chandler, Udoh, and Biedrins would be fairly intimidating.

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 01:43 PM
If we can get Chandler and keep Biedrins that might be the best possible answer. Maybe Chandler would wake Biedrins up to his potential, and if Biedrins was playing the best of his career then a front line of Lee, Chandler, Udoh, and Biedrins would be fairly intimidating.

I don't think it would be possible. We would have to amnesty him to have enough money to sign Chandler.

Scoots
12-05-2011, 02:22 PM
If we amnesty Bell and offer Chandler $10M with a max increase each year and max length contract he might take it since it's supposedly more than Dallas is offering

COOLbeans
12-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Cosidering we don't want yo go into the luxury tax. But if that's not a concern then that would be an awesome lineup moving forward. We could actually win playoff games or beat large lineups.

Leandres_sf
12-05-2011, 02:42 PM
If we amnesty Bell and offer Chandler $10M with a max increase each year and max length contract he might take it since it's supposedly more than Dallas is offering

That makes sense, but I don't think $10mil will be enough. If they want Chandler, Biedrins will have to go.

robbnen#31
12-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I thought I read an article that said a lot of the teams were going to go to the players during this courting process to minimize the players traveling in the few days before training camp opens.

That last line was just my speculation. There was an article saying that the Warriors were scheduled to meet with Chandler, and then the day before teams can start talking with players he is in the bay area for the 49ers game. Just seemed like that would be the case, but you could be right based on the article you read.

Lloyd Christmas
12-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Teams are traveling to Denver to meet with Nene so I think you're right robnen.

SugeKnight
12-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Am i the only one not thrilled about signing Chandler to a huge contract? If he plays unmotivated, like he did every year before his contract year, he wont even be an improvement over Biedrins.

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Am i the only one not thrilled about signing Chandler to a huge contract? If he plays unmotivated, like he did every year before his contract year, he wont even be an improvement over Biedrins.

It's certainly a possibility, but you have to trust Lacob to make the right decision.

Lloyd Christmas
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM

There is something in the back of my mind that thinks this will happen as well. We would then have Lee and Chandler overpaid by about 8 mil total. We are just in the unfortunate spot of HAVING to overpay players since nobody wants to come here. If everything pays off then we will start a winning tradition and players will want to come here. I think its worth the risk. If it backfires then we will be right where we started.

MackShock
12-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Id prefer DJ, even though Chandler is the safer option.

MackShock
12-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Tyson Chandler finds himself in the San Francisco Bay Area on Monday, the first day NBA teams are allowed to speak directly with free agent players. Chandler attended Sunday night's San Francisco 49ers game and, according to ESPN's Marc Stein , will meet with the Golden State Warriors this week.

Stein reports that Chandler, an unrestricted free agent who helped the Mavericks to the NBA championship last year, will also meet with the New Jersey Nets and Houston Rockets before the free agency period officially starts on Friday.

The Warriors would need to drop salary before fitting Chandler under the salary cap, assuming the center wants something close to market value (eight figures annually). Luckily, with the amnesty clause, Golden State can do just that. Dropping Latvian center Andris Biedrins via the amnesty clause and renouncing the rights to all of the team's free agents other than Reggie Williams would get the Warriors' salary down to $42 million, where they could easily fit Chandler and a few other small pieces.

:) cuz we get chandler

:( cuz it cripples us with Lee and Chandler and no amnesty to use

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 07:12 PM
:) cuz we get chandler

:( cuz it cripples us with Lee and Chandler and no amnesty to use

The :) outweights the :(

robbnen#31
12-05-2011, 07:35 PM

I'm with you, he's near the bottom of my list of centers but nearly anything is better than what we have at enter at the moment.

MackShock
12-05-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm with you, he's near the bottom of my list of centers but nearly anything is better than what we have at enter at the moment.

Well have to rely on Biedrins if the Warriors dont land Chandler..maybe Biedrins can do good if Mark Jackson is preaching the good news to him.

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Well have to rely on Biedrins if the Warriors dont land Chandler..maybe Biedrins can do good if Mark Jackson is preaching the good news to him.

But Biedrins isn't a defense presence even at his best. And thats what we so desperately need.

MackShock
12-05-2011, 08:39 PM
But Biedrins isn't a defense presence even at his best. And thats what we so desperately need.

He can be a decent rebounder and shot blocker..nothing wrong with that. But I'm not so convinced he can protect the rim.

But it could work if Jackson just asks him to focus on defense and rebounding, rather than scoring on offense. It just may work...

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 08:50 PM
He can be a decent rebounder and shot blocker..nothing wrong with that. But I'm not so convinced he can protect the rim.

But it could work if Jackson just asks him to focus on defense and rebounding, rather than scoring on offense. It just may work...

Well he might not get his chance. Im hoping we find a way to get Chandler and also keep Biedrins.

Curry-Jenkins/Lin
Ellis-Thompson
Wright-Thorton
Lee-Udoh-Amundson
Chandler-Biedrins-Amundson

MackShock
12-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Wait why is Jenkin's all of a sudden backup point guard? Shouldnt it be my man Jeremy Lin? :)

In all seriousness though, did he or does he play point guard? It was to my knowledge that he was Monta 2.0.. same height, and all he does is score. I figured he'd be backup backup to Thompson no?

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Wait why is Jenkin's all of a sudden backup point guard? Shouldnt it be my man Jeremy Lin? :)

In all seriousness though, did he or does he play point guard? It was to my knowledge that he was Monta 2.0.. same height, and all he does is score. I figured he'd be backup backup to Thompson no?

Jenkins is a scoring guard, but you don't necessarily have to have a prototypical backup point guard. And what do you mean he would be backup to Thompson? You mean as a third stringer?

MackShock
12-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Jenkins is a scoring guard, but you don't necessarily have to have a prototypical backup point guard. And what do you mean he would be backup to Thompson? You mean as a third stringer?

Yes sir, third string. I wonder though, if you dont need to have the prototype point guard, then why not run Ellis at the point?

Monta is beast
12-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Yes sir, third string. I wonder though, if you dont need to have the prototype point guard, then why not run Ellis at the point?

You don't have to have a prototype backup point guard.

MackShock
12-05-2011, 11:46 PM
You don't have to have a prototype backup point guard.

I mean, it would be ideal. I'd want the bench to be legit in their positions..

MackShock
12-06-2011, 12:37 AM
If Dwight Howard is a model of greatness to himself, Greg Oden is the mystery of a career lost, and Andrew Bynum is the intriguing incomplete whippersnapper, then there's a missing archetype. The hyper-competent, hyper-efficient, all-around veteran difference maker who has toughness a young guy can't have, the toughness that comes with maturity.

In the 2011 free agency, that archetype is personified by Tyson Chandler.

Tyson Chandler's story is pretty interesting. From a stone-handed bust for the Chicago Bulls to Chris Paul's alley-oop partner, Chandler was considered only valuable next to a guard like Paul as recently as 2009. He had injury issues, one of which derailed a trade to the Thunder. He wound up in Charlotte, had a forgettable year, and then made his way to Dallas. Boom.

He was the difference, in every way, for the Mavericks. For years the Mavericks were thought of as weak, as poor defensively, as lacking resolve, as lacking toughness around the rim. Chandler changed all of that. He attacks relentlessly and has the veteran sense to understand spacing to float and recover. If you want numbers, he allows just a 39 percent field goal percentage against the pick-and-roll according to Synergy Sports. He blocked 3 percent of all shots last year, including 19 blocks in 21 playoff games.

But it was more than just numbers. It was his approach. Not overly emotional, not tempermental, not prone to impulse. Making the right play, making it strong, and finishing alley-oop after alley-oop. 62 of Chandler's 266 makes last season were on pick-and-roll scoring opportunities and most of those were alley-oops. He and J.J. Barea had a very unique set of chemistry.

Chandler is a pro's pro at this point in his career, and in a league in desperate need of quality starting centers, he does all the things you look for a big man to do. Which is why he's got so many suitors. Reports over the weekend indicated that Chandler's biggest options were Houston, New Jersey (who want to sign every single free agent on the market), and the Golden State Warriors.

That's right, it's a new day in the Bay (so why don't you call it a day and eat some hay, what do ya' say, I just may) and Mark Jackson has vowed to turn the Warriors into a defensive-minded team. When new ownership and management came out alongside Jackson and said that they would be focusing on getting big men, it seemeed laughable. But now the Warriors are in a position to move from their constant rebuilding status of the past few years into at least "acceptably decent" territory. Chandler puts them lightyears ahead.

With a defensive minded coach, if Jackson can reach them, the Warriors have a dynamic point guard who can shoot from anywhere in Stephen Curry, a prolific scorer in Monta Ellis, a low-post scorer and volume rebounder in David Lee, a plethora of talented wings, a young raw big man in Ekpe Udoh who showed flashes last year, and a championship big man in Tyson Chandler. Having that kind of defense at the rim shifts the entire function of the team. If you don't believe a system and capable bigs can help a team with poor defensive talent, I direct you to the fact the Chicago Bulls had one of the best defenses in the league last season and started Carlos Boozer while bringing Kyle Korver off the bench.

Chandler is likely going to draw a King' ransom based on his reputation, the weakness of this free agency class, the weakness of this league at the center position, and the teams currently in the market. Golden State is a big-market team looking to put itself on the map with new owners, a new coach, and players they can trade, most notably Ellis, who has been on the block for what feels like a decade.

Chandler is 29, if he's given a near-max extension or, even worse, a max, he'll be 32 when the deal expires. That's a quality length of time. Golden State has tried going young and athletic, now it wants to get serious.

It doesn't get much more serious than Tyson Chandler.

The Warriors could be in position to make a serious move in 2011-2012.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33715047

Leandres_sf
12-06-2011, 02:07 AM
The Warriors getting serious? Boy, how I like hearing that!

MackShock
12-06-2011, 02:09 AM
The Warriors getting serious? Boy, how I like hearing that!

But were supposed to amnesty Biedrins..now we're going to amnesty Bell. perhaps Biedrins has high trade value?

Monta is beast
12-06-2011, 09:06 AM
But were supposed to amnesty Biedrins..now we're going to amnesty Bell. perhaps Biedrins has high trade value?

I wouldn't say high. But we all know the Rockets really want him, so a move like Biedrins for Thabeet is possible.

Curry-Jenkins
Ellis-Thompson
Wright-Thorton
Lee-Udoh
Chandler-Thabeet

MackShock
12-06-2011, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't say high. But we all know the Rockets really want him, so a move like Biedrins for Thabeet is possible.

Curry-Jenkins
Ellis-Thompson
Wright-Thorton
Lee-Udoh
Chandler-Thabeet

dem salaries no match

Monta is beast
12-06-2011, 09:38 AM
dem salaries no match

The Rockets are 6 million under the cap. Biedrins makes 9 million and Thabeet makes 5 million.

likemystylez
12-06-2011, 01:16 PM
The Rockets are 6 million under the cap. Biedrins makes 9 million and Thabeet makes 5 million.

beidrins isnt the guy a team wants to use their limited excess cap on is he?

Lloyd Christmas
12-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Nice find on that article Shock. 2 things I noticed:

1. The Happy Gilmore quote
2. Did they call Lee a low post scorer?

Monta is beast
12-06-2011, 02:16 PM
beidrins isnt the guy a team wants to use their limited excess cap on is he?

They offered it last year.

MackShock
12-06-2011, 05:46 PM
wasnt it thabeet n jordan hill?

MackShock
12-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Nice find on that article Shock. 2 things I noticed:

1. The Happy Gilmore quote
2. Did they call Lee a low post scorer?

they did...i thought the guy was just rhyming? lol

likemystylez
12-06-2011, 05:50 PM
they did...i thought the guy was just rhyming? lol

oh my lord.... no happy gilmore either

MackShock
12-06-2011, 05:57 PM
oh my lord.... no happy gilmore either

he's not that funny to me..although ive seen happy gilmore plenty of times. i guess im just not the type to memorize lines..although i can if ive seen it many, many times...and dumb and dumber and happy gilmore arent those type of movies that id watch over and over

Saltinuts40
12-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I have seen some reports that Samuel Dalembert (Houston) DeAndre Jordan (re-sign with Clips) and Nene (Indiana) might be close to signing, which could be crap, but that would open the door for Tyson to Golden State.

Jrod2173
12-08-2011, 01:19 AM
The only problem now is if we do trade Monta for Paul, will Chandler want to sign here knowing we are going to offer him up to Orlando for Dwight Howard? That is another potential problem.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 02:20 AM
I don't think we're getting Paul

likemystylez
12-08-2011, 03:03 AM
I don't think we're getting Paul

if curry truy is safe, then I dont see a paul trade happening. Curry and paul in the back court doesnt make a lot of sense, and New orleans is not interested in Ellis.

Granted how much does it mean that they said Curry is safe. I mean maybe that was damage control for a deal that may or may not fall through. It was less than a week ago when larry riley was talking about entering training camp with no significant moves on the roster. Thismorning larry riley was on with mac and murph and he sounded acrtually pretty confident on the tyson chandler front.

He kind of shyed away from trades and amnesty canidates per team policy. BUt I heard a new side of riley.....it sounded like a gm who wanted to make some things happen and not just "look at different scenerios and be active on the phone lines"

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 03:15 AM
Yeah I heard that interview too. I think we'll get Chandler but when you really think about this Paul trade there are sooooo many reasons to not make the move if Curry is involved. Can you imagine losing all of our youth, Paul leaving, and not be able to rebuild correctly since Lee, Chandler, and Monta are all overpaid and hard to trade? Still, I would make the trade just to go for it, but I would probably be relieved if we didn't.

likemystylez
12-08-2011, 03:31 AM
Yeah I heard that interview too. I think we'll get Chandler but when you really think about this Paul trade there are sooooo many reasons to not make the move if Curry is involved. Can you imagine losing all of our youth, Paul leaving, and not be able to rebuild correctly since Lee, Chandler, and Monta are all overpaid and hard to trade? Still, I would make the trade just to go for it, but I would probably be relieved if we didn't.

I make the trade.... knowing that is a possability for a few reasons.

1)If I am new ownership, I will do ANYTHING to prove this is not another Cohan era.

2) Getting a player as special as chris Paul before he hits his prime is such a rare opportunity.... its hard to pass up on it, especially when you are passing up on it in order to keep a 36 win team intact. It isnt like you are ripping a dynasty apart.... or even a contending team. (BTW- there are many contending teams willing to give key pieces to get in the hunt for chris paul, he really is THAT SPECIAL)

3) This is the one that isnt getting any attention. If we were able to land chris paul and tyson chandler in the same off season, we would be taking a risk (which has been mentioned obviously). Doing that would truly change the culture of the team though. The front office would be putting every free agent in the league for the next few years on notice that golden state is a team that really wants to go somewhere and they are trying to make it happen all the time. They arent sitting there waiting for average players to develop, and hoping they get great draft picks while their current players are sitting there wasting their carreers essentially tanking season after season. Thats the type of team that gets impact players with the midlevel, and finds ways to bring solid rotation players in for the vets minimum..... If they have a chance at a guy like paul and they pass on it to keep a 36 win team intact.... it kinda says the exact opposite to the rest of the league.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm awaiting news that we have used the amnesty clause on Biedrins, because we have to do that before we can sign Chandler.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Also I have lost all hope that we will get Paul. There is absolutely no way the Hornets trade Paul for Ellis and pieces. There trying to re-build and Ellis isn't a player you start a re-building process with. Unless they give up Curry, which is highly unlikely were not getting Paul.

likemystylez
12-08-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm awaiting news that we have used the amnesty clause on Biedrins, because we have to do that before we can sign Chandler.

doesnt signing start tomorow?

Monta is beast
And say we do use the amnesty clause on Biedrins we would be 19 million under the cap, and if we can sign Chandler to a 12-13 million dollar contract, we might be able to sign Afflalo Just food for thought.

Monta is beast
doesnt signing start tomorow?

Oh I thought today was Friday lol.

likemystylez
12-08-2011, 11:32 AM
And say we do use the amnesty clause on Biedrins we would be 19 million under the cap, and if we can sign Chandler to a 12-13 million dollar contract, we might be able to sign Afflalo Just food for thought.

we are about 6 under the cap now with the rookies signed, beidrins would bring us to 15. Tyson would probably make very close to that amount.

likemystylez
12-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Oh I thought today was Friday lol.

sorry to kill your dream LOL

BrandoCommando
12-08-2011, 02:01 PM
4 years 60 million :O

WestCoastSportz
12-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Am I the only one that thinks $15M a year is a tad too much for Tyson Chandler? Especially if he doesn't lure Paul here. Unless the Warriors are willing to part with Curry, then I don't see Chris Paul in a Warriors uniform.

Monta is beast
12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Am I the only one that thinks $15M a year is a tad too much for Tyson Chandler? Especially if he doesn't lure Paul here. Unless the Warriors are willing to part with Curry, then I don't see Chris Paul in a Warriors uniform.

We need him though.

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 02:16 PM

29 mil/year for Lee and Chandler is hard to fathom for sure.

BrandoCommando
12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
What's Lee's contract again?

Lloyd Christmas
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
6 years 80 mil = 13.34/year