PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol: $9 mil per or I return to Europe

GodsSon
12-01-2011, 04:44 PM
The NBA has opened an informal manner allowing the transfer market and negotiations between the franchises and players to try to be accelerating the transfer market going into this season reduced from 66 games. Among the most coveted free agents is Marc Gasol and daily Marca reported in its print edition that can check Orbyt the middle of the series has marked his territory: $ 9 million per season or shall be returned to Europe.

http://www.marca.com/2011/11/30/baloncesto/nba/1322647828.html

That's a bargain.

mightybosstone
12-01-2011, 04:46 PM
He will get a lot more than $9 million, and if Memphis isn't willing to offer it, half a dozen teams (my Rockets included) certainly will...

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 04:48 PM
I think its more a message to Memphis as in.

" if team x wants to get me, you better work a sign and trade or i walk to europe and you get Nothing AT ALL".

Tmath
12-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I hope Toronto signs him.

bholly
12-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Boss.

nickdymez
12-01-2011, 05:14 PM
He would be the missin piece for Miami

Mudvayne91
12-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Nuggets got bucks to spend.

Beastin'downlow
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
LOL wut? Have 12m per from the raptors.. play with your buddy calderon.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 05:22 PM
he will get more than that.

Sadds The Gr8
12-01-2011, 05:22 PM
He is the missin piece for the Toronto Raptors

this.

Bruno
12-01-2011, 05:23 PM
He's worth at least that. He'll get 9 mil from somebody no problem.

Cal827
12-01-2011, 05:33 PM
LOL, now that's a bargain.... Memphis should easily be able to afford him... otherwise.:pity:

5ass
12-01-2011, 05:35 PM
why would he say that though? hes obviously going to get atleast 9 mill, most probably more.. so why not just keep ur mouth shut and let FA handle it?

heyman321
12-01-2011, 05:36 PM
this.

Lmao if by missing piece you mean he would be the best player on the Raptors, then yes. The raptors are crap, and probably will be for the next 3-4 years.

Chacarron
12-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd like to see him in Toronto, Derozan + Bargs + Marc is sexy.

kingsdelez24
12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
sounds like divac before he signed with the kings... i wouldn't mind seeing him and cousins beast they're way through the west with reke, thornton, and jimmer

mightybosstone
12-01-2011, 06:35 PM
sounds like divac before he signed with the kings... i wouldn't mind seeing him and cousins beast they're way through the west with reke, thornton, and jimmer

But if you're Gasol, why would you sign with Sacramento? He's more likely to re-sign or go to a larger market in a sign and trade deal.

The_Jamal
12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
But if you're Gasol, why would you sign with Sacramento? He's more likely to re-sign or go to a larger market in a sign and trade deal.

Youth+Tyreke+Cousins+A Max deal+ Potentially moving to Anaheim. There's a lot to like about Sacramento if you're Gasol

SteBO
12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
he will get more than that.
Bingo. I predict he gets $11-$12 million at least.

The_Jamal
12-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Can the Grizzilies afford to match a max deal to Gasol? He's almost certainly to get one in the open market by a good number of teams

MTar786
12-01-2011, 06:40 PM
thank god miami doesnt have 9 mil to give him.

llemon
12-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Nets should offer Marc a contract starting at $11-12 mil, and frontload that sucker.

Make Grizz pay if they want to keep one of the better PF/Cs in the league.

THE MTL
12-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Thats a good price when players who do half of what he does (ie. Bargnani, Chandler, Biedrins) get at least 11 million per season.

mightybosstone
12-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Youth+Tyreke+Cousins+A Max deal+ Potentially moving to Anaheim. There's a lot to like about Sacramento if you're Gasol
:eyebrow:
Tyreke and Cousins are far from proven commodities in this league and the Kings issues outside of the court are not exactly enticing to free agents. Try to look at it from an unbiased perspective and tell me that you think free agents would want to play in Sacramento.

Can the Grizzilies afford to match a max deal to Gasol? He's almost certainly to get one in the open market by a good number of teams
From what I understand, the Grizzlies have the cap flexibility to make it happen if it has to. Does that mean a few moves here or there or the use of the amnesty clause? I don't know. But I don't think it will come down to whether they can match, but whether Memphis can convince Gasol to stay in Memphis. I've heard on multiple occasions that he's not crazy about playing there and would like to move to a larger market team. And if he doesn't want to play there, Memphis will more than likely deal him now while they can still get something for him.

John Walls Era
12-01-2011, 07:09 PM
He will get 9 million easy.

sixer04fan
12-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah he's easily getting double digit millions per season.

The_Jamal
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Tyreke and Cousins are far from proven commodities in this league and the Kings issues outside of the court are not exactly enticing to free agents. Try to look at it from an unbiased perspective and tell me that you think free agents would want to play in Sacramento.

From what I understand, the Grizzlies have the cap flexibility to make it happen if it has to. Does that mean a few moves here or there or the use of the amnesty clause? I don't know. But I don't think it will come down to whether they can match, but whether Memphis can convince Gasol to stay in Memphis. I've heard on multiple occasions that he's not crazy about playing there and would like to move to a larger market team. And if he doesn't want to play there, Memphis will more than likely deal him now while they can still get something for him.

Money talks. Sacramento has never been a FA hub-bub, but we've also rarely had the funds to go sign Max contract type players. You're telling me a 26 yr old Center wouldn't consider to go take max money and play with 2 ultra talented young players (no different than LAC with Gordon and Griffin) and be major piece to a young team that can make some serious noise in a year or 2. Thorton, Jimmer, Hickson, and Thompson are all good solid young pieces that would make for a beautiful supporting cast around those 3.

If Gasol were a 29 year old FA, I could see him wanting to go play for a contender type and completly disregard situations like Sacramento. But he's still young enough where teaming up with Tyreke and Cousins and being major playoff contenders in a year or so (Hell, I could see them sneaking in this year if they keep thorton as well) makes complete sense

HouRealCoach
12-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Go to Sactown

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 07:39 PM
He needs to get his *** to Toronto , Minnessotta or Philadelphia ( or to The Bay Area ONLY IF BALLHOG ELLIS is getting to Memphis in a S and T)

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Crooner, Wolves amnesty waive Darko and sign him to a 4 year, $45 million deal.

Cmon dude, its perfect :)

John Walls Era
12-01-2011, 07:49 PM
He needs to get his *** to Toronto , Minnessotta or Philadelphia ( or to The Bay Area ONLY IF BALLHOG ELLIS is getting to Memphis in a S and T)

Isn't that your dream? To see Rubio and Gasol (wrong Gasol) walking side by side up and down the court.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Isn't that your dream? To see Rubio and Gasol (wrong Gasol) walking side by side up and down the court.

Rubio
Wes
Williams/Beasley
Love/Randolph
Gasol

Not a bad squad dude.

sixer04fan
12-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Would love to see him in Philly, but there is zero chance of that happening. It will be another year or two before the Sixers can be serious players in free agency, depending on if they do anything with Brand and Iguodala in the meantime.

Bulls_fan90
12-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Raptors would be a really good fit.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Would love to see him in Philly, but there is zero chance of that happening. It will be another year or two before the Sixers can be serious players in free agency, depending on if they do anything with Brand and Iguodala in the meantime.

no way dude. Amnesty waive Brand, throw the moon at Gasol, and you have a nice looking lineup

Holiday (sleeper for MIP)
Turner (year 1 was not indicative of what he can be)
Iggy
Young (I know, hybrid)
Gasol

Much better team than last year

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 07:57 PM

Nope my dream would be Lakers with this squad:

Rubio, Navarro, Claver, Gasol I, Gasol II

Bench: Calderon, Rudy, Mirotic, Ibaka, Vazquez

Third rotation: Llull, Garbajosa

:p

spreadeagle
12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Raptors would be a really good fit.

Co sign

mightybosstone
12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Money talks. Sacramento has never been a FA hub-bub, but we've also rarely had the funds to go sign Max contract type players.
There are several teams in the league who could afford to pay Gasol what he wants. The team that gains his services will have to offer more than that.

You're telling me a 26 yr old Center wouldn't consider to go take max money and play with 2 ultra talented young players (no different than LAC with Gordon and Griffin) and be major piece to a young team that can make some serious noise in a year or 2.
But you're assuming Tyreke and Cousins are going to be good players. Last season, they weren't. They managed just .482 and .484 TS% last season and that's disgusting, especially for a big man. And there is a HUGE different between the Kings and Clippers. Gordon/Griffin are so much better than Evans/Cousins it's not even funny.

Thorton, Jimmer, Hickson, and Thompson are all good solid young pieces that would make for a beautiful supporting cast around those 3.
And to get him, Sacramento will almost certainly have to part with one or two of these players in a sign and trade. Thornton was the Kings best player last season by a pretty wide margin. Why would ANYONE go somewhere where Marcus Thornton is the best player?

But he's still young enough where teaming up with Tyreke and Cousins and being major playoff contenders in a year or so (Hell, I could see them sneaking in this year if they keep thorton as well) makes complete sense.
Wow, now you're being delusional. The Kings were the second worst team in the conference last season and teams right in front of them like Golden State and the Clippers have superior young talent, IMO. Unless their young players make SIGNIFICANT leaps, adding Gasol won't get the Kings any better than maybe an 8 seed and a first round exit.

Lakerhead4ever
12-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I'd like to see him in Toronto, Derozan + Bargs + Marc is sexy.

still wouldnt make a difference with the team overall

but i love raptor fans they are so optimistic

GodsSon
12-01-2011, 08:14 PM

I wouldn't want it to. Tank for the 2012 draft FTW

Chacarron
12-01-2011, 08:16 PM

It would be fun to watch.

Lindystud36
12-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Bynum and odom
For
Gasol and gay

#screwjobpart2

Lindystud36
12-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Seriously
The nets better be involved here

Is Bynum and odom traded for Gasol and Conely a fair trade?

GunFactor187
12-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Greg Monroe would be happy to welcome you Marc!

GeekInThePink
12-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Seriously
The nets better be involved here

Is Bynum and odom traded for Gasol and Conely a fair trade?

In my opinion no, Bynum's glass and is under a huge contract while Gasol is a good center who's had a relatively healthy career while Conley is an extremely talented young guard who already is under a relatively cheap extension (5 years, $45M) while Odom's nothing more then a solid six man, and with Tony Allen/O.J Mayo, one that they won't need.

Lakerhead4ever
12-01-2011, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't want it to. Tank for the 2012 draft FTW

i never understood how fans wouldnt mind if their team sucks for a year just to get a high draft pick.

i understand if from a front office perspective but as a fan i would be pissed

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 08:34 PM
i never understood how fans wouldnt mind if their team sucks for a year just to get a high draft pick.

You are a Laker fan. How could you understand it? You never have teams that are going to win 15 games.

Lindystud36
12-01-2011, 08:35 PM
In my opinion no, Bynum's glass and is under a huge contract while Gasol is a good center who's had a relatively healthy career while Conley is an extremely talented young guard who already is under a relatively cheap extension (5 years, $45M) while Odom's nothing more then a solid six man, and with Tony Allen/O.J Mayo, one that they won't need.

How bynums value has fallen ... .. ...

GeekInThePink
12-01-2011, 08:37 PM
How bynums value has fallen ... .. ...

Are you serious? He's missed over 156 games in six years and has an absolutely horrible attitude. Not to mention he's getting paid 15 million plus for two more years.

mightybosstone
12-01-2011, 08:40 PM

Says the Lakers' fan. When your team isn't in one of the two largest media markets in the country and doesn't have a ton of resources to attract major free agent, you have to do this thing called "drafting talent." Maybe one of these days you'll understand. At least that's what I'm praying for. The Lakers being one of the worst teams in the league would almost be as gratifying to me as the Rockets being one of the league's best again.

Lakerhead4ever
12-01-2011, 08:55 PM
You are a Laker fan. How could you understand it? You never have teams that are going to win 15 games.

your So quick to respond to anything dealing with kobe or the lakers. its funny

Says the Lakers' fan. When your team isn't in one of the two largest media markets in the country and doesn't have a ton of resources to attract major free agencies, you have to do this thing called "drafting talent." Maybe one of these days you'll understand. At least that's what I'm praying for. The Lakers being one of the worst teams in the league would almost be as gratifying to me as the Rockets being one of the league's best again.

out of all the things you want to pray for in life thats one of them? wow

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 09:03 PM
your So quick to respond to anything dealing with kobe or the lakers. its funny

and its not the truth, what I said? Please dude.

I would never want my team to tank, but when you are rebuilding (again, you have never gone through this as a Lakers fan unless you are an old man), when the last 30 games or so come along, you end up wanting to get as high of a draft position as possible.

Catfish1314
12-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Worse centers have been signed to significantly better deals.

Marc's being modest.

mightybosstone
12-01-2011, 09:09 PM
out of all the things you want to pray for in life thats one of them? wow

It's really just a figure of speech. I'm an atheist, so I don't pray at all. :D

Lakerhead4ever
12-01-2011, 09:09 PM
and its not the truth, what I said? Please dude.

I would never want my team to tank, but when you are rebuilding (again, you have never gone through this as a Lakers fan unless you are an old man), when the last 30 games or so come along, you end up wanting to get as high of a draft position as possible.

it is the truth, your so quick to bring out stats when talking kobe or lakers but thats beside the topic.

and yeah as a laker fan i havent had to deal with rebuilding other than the late 90s and 05-06, but when i said i didnt understand fans wanting their teams to have a horrible years to get a better draft pick i was thinking more like a player than a fan. as i player i wouldnt want my team to tank a year so we can get a good player the next yr.

lplay good ball and let destiny play its course in the end.

Lakerhead4ever
12-01-2011, 09:10 PM
It's really just a figure of speech. I'm an atheist, so I don't pray at all. :D

thats fair, ill pray for u then bro.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 09:13 PM
it is the truth, your so quick to bring out stats when talking kobe or lakers but thats beside the topic.

and yeah as a laker fan i havent had to deal with rebuilding other than the late 90s and 05-06, but when i said i didnt understand fans wanting their teams to have a horrible years to get a better draft pick i was thinking more like a player than a fan. as i player i wouldnt want my team to tank a year so we can get a good player the next yr.

lplay good ball and let destiny play its course in the end.

As I said, you are a Lakers fan, so this line of thought has never crossed your mind. It wasn't a criticism, it was a fact. Take it how you will dude.

Btw, did you just say the Lakers were rebuilding in 05-06'? hahahahahahaha

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Says the Lakers' fan. When your team isn't in one of the two largest media markets in the country and doesn't have a ton of resources to attract major free agent, you have to do this thing called "drafting talent." Maybe one of these days you'll understand. At least that's what I'm praying for. The Lakers being one of the worst teams in the league would almost be as gratifying to me as the Rockets being one of the league's best again.

as in drafting ............mikan, baylor, west, goodrich, magic, worhty, scott, acgreen, cooper, van exel, divac, campbell, eddie jones, kobe, fisher, bynum ?????

:rolleyes:

KnicksorBust
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Everyone is :drool: over Gasol. I was reading on ESPN he was getting fat? Anybody who can play alongside Zach Randolph gets huge props from me but that's not a good sign.

KnicksorBust
12-01-2011, 09:16 PM
as in drafting ............mikan, baylor, west, goodrich, magic, worhty, scott, acgreen, cooper, van exel, divac, campbell, eddie jones, kobe, fisher, bynum ?????

:rolleyes:

It is an impressive list even though I have a hard time giving them credit for "drafting" Kobe.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Everyone is :drool: over Gasol. I was reading on ESPN he was getting fat? Anybody who can play alongside Zach Randolph gets huge props from me but that's not a good sign.

I can't believe I am defending Randolph, but he finally seems to care more about the name on the front of his jersey than the one on the back the last 2-3 years.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 09:19 PM

stayed in game shape for august and september to play with team spain.

vacationed on october.

spente november training with is bro and jose C with barcelona team.

let me doubt he is out of shape.

Lakerhead4ever
12-01-2011, 09:20 PM
As I said, you are a Lakers fan, so this line of thought has never crossed your mind. It wasn't a criticism, it was a fact. Take it how you will dude.

Btw, did you just say the Lakers were rebuilding in 05-06'? hahahahahahaha

why are u laughing? what would u call those two seasons?

did they not have to rebuild around kobe? or was that just one big nightmare i had..

i dont get whats funny..

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I can't believe I am defending Randolph, but he finally seems to care more about the name on the front of his jersey than the one on the back the last 2-3 years.

randolph made heasly promise him that he would try his best resign gasol as a requisite to sign back.

the dude knows with no gasol he will come back to oblivion.

mightybosstone
12-01-2011, 09:30 PM
thats fair, ill pray for u then bro.
Don't. I don't believe in a god any more than I believe in Santa Claus, so praying is pointless to me.

Oh really? Name one impact player the Lakers have drafted aside from Bynum in the last decade. Look at that team. Gasol? Odom? Artest? All free agency acquisitions or trades. How about Shaq? Oh that's right, he also wasn't drafted by the Lakers. And I'm exactly impressed by Fisher.

So, basically, you've only named two players in the last 15 years that the Lakers drafted (and, technically the Hornets drafted Kobe, not LA) that proved themselves to be worth a damn. Great argument!

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 09:34 PM
why are u laughing? what would u call those two seasons?

did they not have to rebuild around kobe? or was that just one big nightmare i had..

i dont get whats funny..

I am laughing because it proves exactly my point. You view having a top 2 player in his prime and all the resources in the universe as "rebuilding". OMG, we missed the playoffs for a season, we are in the cellar!

I don't expect you to understand. Which is why I told you in the first place of course you don't understand why a team would tank. How could you?

GREATNESS ONE
12-01-2011, 09:34 PM
He deserves every penny of it too

GREATNESS ONE
12-01-2011, 09:40 PM
:rolleyes: ^ sheesh. You guys act like we had a choice in which team we've loved our entire lives. We're Lakers fans we bleed Purple and Gold.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 09:46 PM
:rolleyes: ^ sheesh. You guys act like we had a choice in which team we've loved our entire lives. We're Lakers fans we bleed Purple and Gold.

nah dude, simply saying that there is no way a Lakers fan could possibly understand what its like to be a fan of a terrible team trying to rebuild. Its not a criticism. You don't think me, as a Wolves fan, would not LOVE to be in the same scenario as you guys? Of course I would.

That was the only thing I was trying to say. Of course a Lakers fan can't understand why any fan would want their team to tank late in the season. They have never dealt with being a horrible team. And its even more hilarious that they think they have gone through it.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 09:47 PM
basically, in a competition of "My team has suffered more than yours", the Lakers finish last.

nate2usmc
12-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Memphis will sign this guy for 5 years. It's a no brainer. I cant wait to see what this team with Rudy will do.

Lakerhead4ever
12-01-2011, 09:58 PM
I am laughing because it proves exactly my point. You view having a top 2 player in his prime and all the resources in the universe as "rebuilding". OMG, we missed the playoffs for a season, we are in the cellar!

I don't expect you to understand. Which is why I told you in the first place of course you don't understand why a team would tank. How could you?

so u are saying having a championship super team one yr and the next yr letting 3 hall of famers go and keeping one hall of famer surrounded with a bunch of scrubs at the time rebuilding?

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
nah dude, simply saying that there is no way a Lakers fan could possibly understand what its like to be a fan of a terrible team trying to rebuild. Its not a criticism. You don't think me, as a Wolves fan, would not LOVE to be in the same scenario as you guys? Of course I would.

That was the only thing I was trying to say. Of course a Lakers fan can't understand why any fan would want their team to tank late in the season. They have never dealt with being a horrible team. And its even more hilarious that they think they have gone through it.

My team, the team from the city i was born ( breogan, Lugo) and where i played as as teen in the young divisions, is a team that is as a small market as it comes, and we sometimes get relegated from top flight ( we are currently in teh second division, out of the top flight ), so i have a pretty good idea of how is rebuilding ( and i dont come up with communist ideas to get my team to be competitive with the madrids and barcelonas btw)

And btw mightybostone, how the **** do you expect us to build on draft the last decade if we are always having good records?

mightybosstone
12-01-2011, 10:22 PM
And btw mightybostone, how the **** do you expect us to build on draft the last decade if we are always having good records?

And how do you expect to have a bad record when you're always able to sign, trade for and keep top notch talent? I rest my case.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 10:24 PM
so u are saying having a championship super team one yr and the next yr letting 3 hall of famers go and keeping one hall of famer surrounded with a bunch of scrubs at the time rebuilding?

I am saying, for a fact, the modern day Lakers have never gone through a true rebuilding process.

We are done. You will never understand why a team would tank, because you have never been a fan of a team that it helped.

Peace.

Hawkeye15
12-01-2011, 10:26 PM

You just proved his, and my, case. Thank you.

mzgrizz
12-01-2011, 11:33 PM
LOL, now that's a bargain.... Memphis should easily be able to afford him... otherwise.:pity:

Memphis WILL sign him

mzgrizz
12-01-2011, 11:35 PM

Absolutely !! And we have no plans at present to use the Amnesty clause.

LA_Raiders
12-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Grizz needs to show him the money soon, before he gets upset like Nene and Chandler.

mzgrizz
12-01-2011, 11:40 PM

Do you actually have sources for your statement about him not wanting to play in Memphis??

mzgrizz
12-01-2011, 11:46 PM

Yes, yes he does. And he plans on playing next to Marc .

mzgrizz
12-01-2011, 11:49 PM
stayed in game shape for august and september to play with team spain.

vacationed on october.

spente november training with is bro and jose C with barcelona team.

let me doubt he is out of shape.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW I can finally agree with you!!:D

mzgrizz
12-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Memphis will sign this guy for 5 years. It's a no brainer. I cant wait to see what this team with Rudy will do.

:clap::clap::clap: You betcha!!

mightybosstone
12-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Do you actually have sources for your statement about him not wanting to play in Memphis??

http://www.hoopsworld.com/six-moves-the-houston-rockets-should-make/

The Grizzlies have said they will only re-sign Gasol if he wants to be there, and sources close to the situation have told HOOPSWORLD on a number of occasions that Gasol is ready to move on.

Cal827
12-01-2011, 11:57 PM
On a Side note, why are many saying Sacremento... Isn't Demarcus a center? I mean with their lineup

Fredette
Reke
Garcia
Hickson/Thompson
Demarcus

Really their only hole is SF and possibly PG.... If I'm them, I'm checking back on whether or not the Grizz want to retain Gay.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 11:59 PM
^ he has been pretty silent in the regard of wanting to stay or not, with spanish media.

BUT he has indicated several teams that "money" is only half of the things he needs to consider.

Basically, i think his decision comes with the promise of touches, no touches no resigning.

mzgrizz
12-02-2011, 12:04 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/six-moves-the-houston-rockets-should-make/

Thanks for the updated version. But there's no way the Grizz FO will empower a divisional rival with Marc Gasol no matter who they offer in trade. Sorry......

mzgrizz
12-02-2011, 12:06 AM
^ he has been pretty silent in the regard of wanting to stay or not, with spanish media.

BUT he has indicated several teams that "money" is only half of the things he needs to consider.

Basically, i think his decision comes with the promise of touches, no touches no resigning.

His fb pages this summer and fall have not indicated he wants to leave Memphis. I think you are mostly right that he wants some guarantees that he'll get the ball in his hands more. That being said, they'll offer him that and the moon !!!

GREATNESS ONE
12-02-2011, 12:17 AM

Trust me I get it, as a life long Raiders, Dodgers and UCLA Bruin fan I understand loyalty through thick and thin. As Lakers fans we're definitely spoiled but even if they didn't win a game all season long, I would still bleed Purple & Gold. I feel you on those Wolves though and I commend your loyalty to your team. I'll definitely be catching more games now with Rubio on the floor.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Trust me I get it, as a life long Raiders, Dodgers and UCLA Bruin fan I understand loyalty through thick and thin. As Lakers fans we're definitely spoiled but even if they didn't win a game all season long, I would still bleed Purple & Gold. I feel you on those Wolves though and I commend your loyalty to your team. I'll definitely be catching more games now with Rubio on the floor.

:cheers:

don'tfireNedCo
12-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Crooner, Wolves amnesty waive Darko and sign him to a 4 year, $45 million deal.

Cmon dude, its perfect :)

not so fast, you have to screw up just 1 more season for that pick!!! then go on and win the championship the following year for all i care:)

mightybosstone
12-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the updated version. But there's no way the Grizz FO will empower a divisional rival with Marc Gasol no matter who they offer in trade. Sorry......

Just like the Rockets and Grizzlies traded Battier for Gay years ago or Battier for Thabeet and a pick last season? Or like how the Spurs gave the Rockets Luis Scola a few years ago? It's not that uncommon for teams to trade within their own conference, or even their own division. Teams will take the best deal they can get, regardless of who is getting what players. And considering division rivalries are less significant in the NBA than the other major sports, it's even more likely.

Raph12
12-02-2011, 02:27 AM
He should go to Minni and play with Rubio...

GhostfaceDrilla
12-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Very underrated player. Possibly a franchise center in the making.

John Walls Era
12-02-2011, 04:52 AM
Nope my dream would be Lakers with this squad:

Rubio, Navarro, Claver, Gasol I, Gasol II

Bench: Calderon, Rudy, Mirotic, Ibaka, Vazquez

Third rotation: Llull, Garbajosa

:p

I can only see Calderon happening.

Rubio
Wes
Williams/Beasley
Love/Randolph
Gasol

Not a bad squad dude.

Wes Johnson is a better fit at 3. Hes the description of a "classic athletic SF". But then again they just drafted Williams. This is unfamiliar to me as the Wolves have potential and depth at almost every possible position after next years draft. They would probably look for a SG and C in next years draft: Jeremy Lamb, Drummond would make them a contender in 2-4 years.

YoungOne
12-02-2011, 05:40 AM
maybe he meant Euro not Dollar ;)

reffahead
12-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Sign and Trade Gasol for Al Horford, what ya think Memphis.

nyKnicks126
12-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Solid center, for the NBA market he is worth per se

faridk89
12-02-2011, 09:22 AM
I hope Toronto signs him.

that would make zero sense considering who we drafted in the first round last year.... We need to sign a Vet at the C position so when our boy Jonas comes to town next season someone can ease him into an NBA starter, but signing a legit starter would be stupid!!

Hitman21
12-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Gasol-Amare-Melo-Billups

mzgrizz
12-02-2011, 02:00 PM
FWIW Marc was one of 2 teammates working out in the FedEx Forum yesterday. Just sayin

mightybosstone
12-02-2011, 02:02 PM
FWIW Marc was one of 2 teammates working out in the FedEx Forum yesterday. Just sayin

If you were due to make a huge contract, you'd want to be working out and keeping up appearances, too.

mzgrizz
12-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Just like the Rockets and Grizzlies traded Battier for Gay years ago or Battier for Thabeet and a pick last season? Or like how the Spurs gave the Rockets Luis Scola a few years ago? It's not that uncommon for teams to trade within their own conference, or even their own division. Teams will take the best deal they can get, regardless of who is getting what players. And considering division rivalries are less significant in the NBA than the other major sports, it's even more likely.

Sure it's done but hardly for a true 7 footer that could be a franchise player some day. And I was so glad to trade Thabeet. And to get Shane as a rental was lovely.

mightybosstone
12-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Gasol-Amare-Melo-Billups

And how would you propose that happen? Any deal for Gasol would almost have to include Billups to match the cap...

mzgrizz
12-02-2011, 02:04 PM
If you were due to make a huge contract, you'd want to be working out and keeping up appearances, too.

The others worked out at Tiger facilities.

Jenceman
12-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Are you serious? He's missed over 156 games in six years and has an absolutely horrible attitude. Not to mention he's getting paid 15 million plus for two more years.

He also just had his best season, is the league's 2nd best Center, and was LA's best player in the Playoffs.

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-02-2011, 03:30 PM
That's a decent number for him to at least start at. No way he gets less than $13. He'll get an offer sheet most likely.

Hellcrooner
12-02-2011, 03:54 PM
maybe he meant Euro not Dollar ;)

or dollars AFTER taxes, wich would mean a 15 or 16 million a year contract.

GoPacers33
12-02-2011, 04:14 PM
http://http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/indiana_pacers

Pacers in the mix. Twin Towers down low

Tmath
12-02-2011, 04:23 PM
that would make zero sense considering who we drafted in the first round last year.... We need to sign a Vet at the C position so when our boy Jonas comes to town next season someone can ease him into an NBA starter, but signing a legit starter would be stupid!!

When you have a chance to get a legit C, you do it.

I'm a big believer in Jonas but he is only 19 and there are no guarantees, plus a rotation of Gasol/Valanciunas/Bargnani would give us one of the better front courts in the league imo.

I wouldn't pass on a guy like Gasol if I had the chance to get him but at the same time I wont be disappointed if we get a stop gap and go the draft route.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2011, 04:33 PM
I can only see Calderon happening.

Wes Johnson is a better fit at 3. Hes the description of a "classic athletic SF". But then again they just drafted Williams. This is unfamiliar to me as the Wolves have potential and depth at almost every possible position after next years draft. They would probably look for a SG and C in next years draft: Jeremy Lamb, Drummond would make them a contender in 2-4 years.

We have no pick next year outside Utah's probably. Thank you McFail.

MrfadeawayJB
12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
LOL @ all the Fans of other teams thinking Marc Gasol is going there. Heisley already said he will Match any offer Marc gets. The only way he leaves Memphis is if he requests a trade (which he has never done despite what crooner wants you to beleive). Marc will be in Memphis for the long term if everything works out as it should

mightybosstone
12-02-2011, 05:44 PM
LOL @ all the Fans of other teams thinking Marc Gasol is going there. Heisley already said he will Match any offer Marc gets. The only way he leaves Memphis is if he requests a trade (which he has never done despite what crooner wants you to beleive). Marc will be in Memphis for the long term if everything works out as it should

It's quite possible that he could request a trade. The Grizzlies have only had one successful season and he may be looking to move to a bigger market and become more of an offensive focal point. I don't think any one of us knows for sure how the situation will pan out, but I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if he was wearing another team's jersey when the season starts.

magichatnumber9
12-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Nuggets got bucks to spend.WTF you guys have Nene

SugeKnight
12-02-2011, 07:19 PM
**** signing somewhere else, he should resign with Memphis

Conley
Allen - Henry - Mayo
Gay - Battier
Randolph
Gasol

:drool:

mightybosstone
12-02-2011, 07:21 PM
**** signing somewhere else, he should resign with Memphis

Conley
Allen - Henry - Mayo
Gay - Battier
Randolph
Gasol

It sounds great on paper, but that team has not been all that successful since being constructed. A second round playoff exit isn't exactly drool worthy...

mzgrizz
12-02-2011, 07:49 PM
**** signing somewhere else, he should resign with memphis

conley
allen - henry - mayo
gay - battier
randolph
gasol

thank you suge !!!

mzgrizz
12-02-2011, 07:55 PM
I do think it's funny but also understandable that people can DREAM they could get Marc....there have never been a lot of known problems between Marc and Memphis, unlike his brother Pau. His family has lived here for over 10 years now, and it has truly been a second real home to him. We have achieved a lot in the past 2 seasons with him being a cornerstone in the franchise. Hollins will give him more offense; Heisley will give him more money and the fans will continue to adore this tough, talented Gasol.

Tmath
12-02-2011, 07:59 PM
He's coming to the raptors.

mzgrizz
12-02-2011, 08:02 PM
^^^^ another dreamer...........but I can't blame you !

mightybosstone
12-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I do think it's funny but also understandable that people can DREAM they could get Marc....there have never been a lot of known problems between Marc and Memphis, unlike his brother Pau. His family has lived here for over 10 years now, and it has truly been a second real home to him. We have achieved a lot in the past 2 seasons with him being a cornerstone in the franchise. Hollins will give him more offense; Heisley will give him more money and the fans will continue to adore this tough, talented Gasol.

"Achieved a lot" apparently equals one miraculous second round playoff exit. Granted, it's the most successful season in the franchise's history, but it's worth mentioning that he could achieve more for a better team. Do Indiana or Houston offer better situations? Not necessarily. But I think Gasol on either team would make them at least equally talented...

MrfadeawayJB
12-02-2011, 09:27 PM
"Achieved a lot" apparently equals one miraculous second round playoff exit. Granted, it's the most successful season in the franchise's history, but it's worth mentioning that he could achieve more for a better team. Do Indiana or Houston offer better situations? Not necessarily. But I think Gasol on either team would make them at least equally talented...

I dont necessarily think you understand how much of a push the grizz made. They make the playoffs for the first time in years, beat the spurs, then take the "NBA's Darling" Thunder to a triple OT 7th game, all without Rudy Gay. Add Rudy to the mix, and you have big dreams my friend. Gasol does get alot more touches than you give him credit for. Just because it says only 7-8 fga on the stat sheet, does not mean the opportunities are not there. He is just too unselfish and even passive at times. Those who truely follow the grizz can verify that. If he plays for himself a bit more, he could easily average 15 and 10 on a serious title contender team in memphis

mightybosstone
12-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I dont necessarily think you understand how much of a push the grizz made. They make the playoffs for the first time in years, beat the spurs, then take the "NBA's Darling" Thunder to a triple OT 7th game, all without Rudy Gay. Add Rudy to the mix, and you have big dreams my friend. Gasol does get alot more touches than you give him credit for. Just because it says only 7-8 fga on the stat sheet, does not mean the opportunities are not there. He is just too unselfish and even passive at times. Those who truely follow the grizz can verify that. If he plays for himself a bit more, he could easily average 15 and 10 on a serious title contender team in memphis

I'm well aware of how much of a push they made, because I watched almost every televised postseason game. But couldn't you easily argue that the team was better without Gay? Because with essentially the exact same squad the previous season, they couldn't even make the playoffs. And they performed quite well after Gay went down last season...

Hellcrooner
12-02-2011, 11:06 PM

and he could average what his brother does 18-20 and 11 or 12 boards in a contender being the second at helm like his brother.

why should he play 4th/5th banana for the grizz?

MrfadeawayJB
12-02-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm well aware of how much of a push they made, because I watched almost every televised postseason game. But couldn't you easily argue that the team was better without Gay? Because with essentially the exact same squad the previous season, they couldn't even make the playoffs. And they performed quite well after Gay went down last season...

No. Rudy Gay would only enhance the team. Tony Allen is the difference between the two seasons IMO. Whole new mindset defensively.

and he could average what his brother does 18-20 and 11 or 12 boards in a contender being the second at helm like his brother.

why should he play 4th/5th banana for the grizz?

I do beleive he has the skills, but not the scorer's mentality. If he did he would have more FGA's, and he does have ample opportunities. Dont blame Rudy Gay or Z-Bo on his lack of shots