PDA

View Full Version : Buss willing to trade bynum

AussieLaker
12-01-2011, 01:30 AM
“@KBergCBS: Post-Ups are back: Jim Buss no longer impeding an Andrew Bynum trade, Billy Hunter's future, and more. #NBA http://t.co/0BKyhojo”

•*It's no surprise to anyone that the Lakers will be one of the primary suitors in a possible trade for Howard, and a person with knowledge of the team's strategy told CBSSports.com that executive Jim Buss finally has dropped his opposition to trading center Andrew Bynum "for the right deal." That's code for "a deal for Dwight Howard," and it's clear from those familiar with Howard's thinking that he'd like to join the Lakers. Bynum may or may not be on the Magic's list of suitable replacements for Howard in a potential deal that also would have to include young players on rookie contracts and draft picks. The Bucks' Andrew Bogut may be a better fit, a notion that has conjured speculation in the agent community of a three-team deal that would land Bynum in Milwaukee, Bogut in Orlando and Howard in L.A. The Lakers' arena mates at Staples Center, the Clippers, also are believed to be willing to do whatever it takes to get Howard. The Clips have both the cap space to land Howard next summer and plenty of assets to entice Orlando, including Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu and a signed-and-traded DeAndre Jordan. Cap-space and asset-wise, few teams are in as good a shape as the Clippers over the next two years. If only they could use the amnesty provision on owner Donald Sterling.

Maybe now it can be done

numba1CHANGsta
12-01-2011, 01:43 AM
Its not IF Buss will trade Bynum, its IF the Magic will trade D12 to the Lakers

Chacarron
12-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Its not IF Buss will trade Bynum, its IF the Magic will trade D12 to the Lakers

Ultimately, if Dwight wants to play for the Lakers, the Magic have to do it if they want any sort of compensation in return.

lakers4sho
12-01-2011, 01:58 AM
Ultimately, if Dwight wants to play for the Lakers, the Magic have to do it if they want any sort of compensation in return.

Would the Magic prefer to take compensation in return, even if it meant crap contracts, or are they bold enough to let Howard walk so they can tank for a higher draft pick and more cap space?

LakersMaster24
12-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Someone sig quote me on this.

Bynum is going to start the season beasting it up, averaging 20 and 10. Closer to the trade deadline Howard DEMANDS a trade to the Lakers, and the Magic bite for Bynum. We get Howard, they get Bynum.

Chacarron
12-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Would the Magic prefer to take compensation in return, even if it meant crap contracts, or are they bold enough to let Howard walk so they can tank for a higher draft pick and more cap space?

They can get Bynum and Odom. Both have team options for next year so they can let Odom walk if they'd like. We can offer future picks as well, maybe throw in Morris or Ebanks.

Polamalu43322
12-01-2011, 02:08 AM
Hmm. The rumors and FA talk is definitely goin to be heating up.

I hope Orlando is willing to part ways with Dwight, and we get him. Imagine that three team trade. Bucks getting Drew? That's kinda scary cause another team could try and get him, and he definitely would walk out in FA. Hope he doesn't go to Dallas, Boston or Miami. That could potentially back fire.

But yeah. Lets bring Dwight, and use the amnesty on Ron Artest, I mean, Meta World Peace.

whitemamba33
12-01-2011, 02:09 AM
“@KBergCBS: Post-Ups are back: Jim Buss no longer impeding an Andrew Bynum trade, Billy Hunter's future, and more. #NBA http://t.co/0BKyhojo”

•*It's no surprise to anyone that the Lakers will be one of the primary suitors in a possible trade for Howard, and a person with knowledge of the team's strategy told CBSSports.com that executive Jim Buss finally has dropped his opposition to trading center Andrew Bynum "for the right deal." That's code for "a deal for Dwight Howard," and it's clear from those familiar with Howard's thinking that he'd like to join the Lakers. Bynum may or may not be on the Magic's list of suitable replacements for Howard in a potential deal that also would have to include young players on rookie contracts and draft picks. The Bucks' Andrew Bogut may be a better fit, a notion that has conjured speculation in the agent community of a three-team deal that would land Bynum in Milwaukee, Bogut in Orlando and Howard in L.A. The Lakers' arena mates at Staples Center, the Clippers, also are believed to be willing to do whatever it takes to get Howard. The Clips have both the cap space to land Howard next summer and plenty of assets to entice Orlando, including Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu and a signed-and-traded DeAndre Jordan. Cap-space and asset-wise, few teams are in as good a shape as the Clippers over the next two years. If only they could use the amnesty provision on owner Donald Sterling.

Maybe now it can be done

...i can't believe you guys buy into this garbage. You people are the reason why there are those tabloid magazines at the grocery store checkouts.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Has someone dropped a dead horses head in "freddo" Busses Bed? or Invited him to go fishing?

If not, the article is B.S

CLASSOF72
12-01-2011, 02:51 AM
...i can't believe you guys buy into this garbage. You people are the reason why there are those tabloid magazines at the grocery store checkouts.

This.
Instant speculation, just add BS.

Iron24th
12-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Yep probably media speculations to sell some paper.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 03:58 AM
Best scenario , an L.A journalists conspiration to make "freddo" Buss understand he is being a MORON.

Lakerfrk
12-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Isn't Bynum suspended for the first 8 games of the season.. hahaa.. thats a bummer...

kblo247
12-01-2011, 05:54 AM
TWC saying for $5 billion your *** better have a star, not a pet after Kobe hangs it up ... My 2 cents

SoCalKid
12-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Yeah for sure... super weird that Lakers might pull off some deal to get a young superstar center on the Trading block who expressed interest in playing for the LakeShow Oh yeah and we have the 2nd best pure young C in the game as a trading chip...... wikipedia Wilt, Kareem, and Shaq you glass half empty ****'s

Iron24th
12-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Isn't Bynum suspended for the first 8 games of the season.. hahaa.. thats a bummer...

the first 5 games.

Marco22
12-01-2011, 10:52 AM
OK! When will it happen GM's?

ldawg
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Jim is looking like a smart man. He will be a hero in La like his dad if this goes down. If he land Paul or Williams along with Howard and retain Pau everyone will have to kiss his feet.

handle
12-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Whatever happens in the end, I'm convinced that the Lakers ARE going to push hard to get Dwight.. and I like our chances. I'd say a 60% chance Dwight will be a Laker two weeks from now.

LAKERMANIA
12-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I cant wait until we get Dwight Howard so you guys shut up about Jim Buss

SoCalKid
12-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Only other team with pieces to trade is New Jersey, and I can't see Orlando trading Dwight to their own conference. He will be in a Lakers Jersey in two weeks. Im guessing for Bynum+picks! Best thing for Laker fans is Howard has all the power in his trade, Orlando cant just deal him to anyone because Dwight can just say I wont sign an extension and deal falls through. He has showed interest in LA on many different occasions, so lets make it happen!

GREATNESS ONE
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Buss needs to swallow his Ego and do what's best for Business.

SoCalKid
12-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I take it back... it will be Bynum+LO for Dwight Howard. I forgot Lakers cannot take on any more cap so Howard is scheduled to make $19.2 this year Bynum is scheduled $15.2 and LO is scheduled $8.9. Gives some breathing room for Lakers to sign some bench pieces.

Hellcrooner
12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
2 weeks?

the dudes wont trade him until after the allstar, in the deadline.

handle
12-01-2011, 01:28 PM
2 weeks?

the dudes wont trade him until after the allstar, in the deadline.

I think it will be before the season starts. There are only a few teams with a realistic chance to get Howard and everybody knows who they are and what they can offer. So in this case, the Magic won't really gain an advantage by waiting until the deadline as they would if there were more teams involved. Also, I think the Magic will want to get the trade over sooner, because they will want more time to work their new players into their system.

J4KOP99
12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Man, I would absolutely love to get Dwight. Aside from LeBron, Dwight is the biggest game changer in the NBA. I know you all love CP3 or Deron, but Dwight is on a different level in terms of dominance. You do not need an elite PG to win a title.

As Lakers fans, we should all understand the importance of having a dominant big man.

Citanoxeno
12-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Why the F people keep putting Odom name along with Bynum for Howard? That is way to much. We would lose in depth and in scoring. You people are retards

Lake_Show2416
12-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Why the F people keep putting Odom name along with Bynum for Howard? That is way to much. We would lose in depth and in scoring. You people are retards

u are moronic or just blind, realistically Dwight is worth all 3 big man but luckily we don't have to give up that much

Chacarron
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
We honestly need to get Dwight soon. With CP3 wanting to go be traded to the Knicks OR teaming up with Dwight in another team, this is our chance. Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak need to do the right thing and start offering trades to the Magic starting December 9th.

MTar786
12-01-2011, 05:31 PM
The lakers are going to start the season having bynum as option number one (when he returns from the 5game lay off). they will inflate his stats to catch orlandos eye and then trade him for dwight. (something like 19 and 11 or 20 and 10) The lakers will inflate bynum as much as possible hoping they can possibly keep odom too. Book this.
They will want to make it bynum and walton, rookies and picks for dwight. then if its a no go, the lakers will add odom trying to get nelson in too.. maybe having to absorb hedo as well which will require them taking blake and someone else. THAT IS HOW YOU PLAY POKER! trust me.. this will all happen.

MTar786
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
u are moronic or just blind, realistically Dwight is worth all 3 big man but luckily we don't have to give up that much

No he's not.. are u sick?
id rather have bynum gasol and odom over dwight ANY day of the week.

Dwight is a defensive force and rebounder. on offense he is not gonna give u much more than bynum does. So if you think dwights defense and rebounding is worth more than gasol and odom you are high

Bruno
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I cant wait until we get Dwight Howard so you guys shut up about Jim Buss

lol :clap:

Bruno
12-01-2011, 05:38 PM
As Lakers fans, we should all understand the importance of having a dominant big man.

True.

Paul/Will are great players, but Howard (iron man) needs to be the priority. I think our FO knows that.

Lake_Show2416
12-01-2011, 06:03 PM

Dwight is a defensive force and rebounder. on offense he is not gonna give u much more than bynum does. So if you think dwights defense and rebounding is worth more than gasol and odom you are high

all those players can be replaced but there is only 1 dominant center n 1 player id rather have above all, Lakers have no problem at acquiring talent so u take the extra measures to try & get a unique, 1 of a kind player whose still growin & developing.

relax tho we aren't goin to give both Bynum & Gasol in the same trade lol but ultimately if it came down to it, u do wutever it takes to acquire Dwight even if it means slightly hurting this years chances (ON PAPER) to build for a bright future

KillaInstinct24
12-01-2011, 06:20 PM
its a good thing this is the magic we're talking about and not the cavs. orlando isn't prepared to lose him for nothing. i'd take bynum over bogut as a centerpiece. bogut's skills are a little more refined right now, but bynum has more upside. when can teams start dealing?

lakersfan01
12-01-2011, 07:34 PM

I think its 5? Yeah if we could pull the trigger on Howard for Bynum then we would have a starting center for first 5 games of a dense 66 game season haha.

First games of season with no Bynum, we have Gasol and Odom... and who else in the front court? Kupcake better be getting busy!!!

Vinylman
12-02-2011, 12:02 AM

you obviously didn't watch D12 last year... his offense is vastly improved... does Bynum have more post up moves... sure ... the diyeerence si D12 can score without the ball ... bynum really can't ...

I will say it again... thereis not a GM in the league who wouldn't trade his first born in a deal for D12...

quitting being a fan and understand that talent like D12's comes only once every 15 to 20 years...

Some Lakers fans are truely and embarrassment :facepalm:

Trueblue2
12-02-2011, 04:13 AM
I say we offer Walton, Blake, and artest for Howard... If you think we need to give up tallent to land the most dominant center in the game today you're straight ********.

SoCalKid
12-02-2011, 07:33 AM
I say we offer Walton, Blake, and artest for Howard... If you think we need to give up tallent to land the most dominant center in the game today you're straight ********.

Well surpassing the fact that Orlando would take a **** on that offer... the Lakers can not take on any more cap. We have Kobe making 25 mil, Howard would be making 19 mil, Pau making 19 mil, Bynum making 15 mil, and LO making 9 mil. 87 million right there... this would work if all guys can play 48 minutes a game for the whole season, and LO and Pau learned to play the 2 and 3! Cause we couldn't afford a couple dudes off the playground of Venice after this. :facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Well surpassing the fact that Orlando would take a **** on that offer... the Lakers can not take on any more cap. We have Kobe making 25 mil, Howard would be making 19 mil, Pau making 19 mil, Bynum making 15 mil, and LO making 9 mil. 87 million right there... this would work if all guys can play 48 minutes a game for the whole season, and LO and Pau learned to play the 2 and 3! Cause we couldn't afford a couple dudes off the playground of Venice after this. :facepalm:

u want howard without giving bynum?

MickeyMgl
12-02-2011, 09:09 AM
its a good thing this is the magic we're talking about and not the cavs. orlando isn't prepared to lose him for nothing. i'd take bynum over bogut as a centerpiece. bogut's skills are a little more refined right now, but bynum has more upside. when can teams start dealing?

Maybe you would, but I don't think Milwaukee would. The Lakers are going to have to throw in something else on that deal.