PDA

View Full Version : Caron Butler Rumors Center On Bulls, Heat And Four Other Teams

D Roses Bulls
11-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Caron Butler, who missed the second half of the Dallas Mavericks' championship season after a New Year's injury, has drawn early free agent interest from six teams including the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat, reports CBS Sports' Ken Berger.

In addition to the Bulls and Heat, the New Jersey Nets, L.A. Clippers, San Antonio Spurs and New York Knicks have expressed interest, Berger says. Butler, a scoring small forward whose defense has traditionally been respected but far from elite, will turn 32 before the playoffs. He made $10.5 million last season.

The Mavericks have a high payroll and a bigger priority in Tyson Chandler, though no one would be surprised to see Dallas make a push to retain Butler; Mark Cuban has never been shy about having a massive payroll, and the more punitive luxury tax rates negotiated into the new collective bargaining agreement don't go into effect until 2013.

Butler was named to the 2007 and 2008 East All-Stars as a member of the Washington Wizards.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/11/30/2600728/caron-butler-rumors-chicago-bulls-miami-heat

Dade County
11-30-2011, 03:42 PM
I see him coming back to the HEAT.

MJ-BULLS
He really hasn't been healthy the past few years. But if he is indeed healthy enough to play and contribute to a contending team, I would take a chance on him.

Cal827
lol the Heat are associated with everyone.... why do I see Dan Gilbert trying to block Miami by acquiring like half of the Amnestied players because he mad? :p

29$JerZ
11-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Bulls and Miami in particular would benefit great with a healthy Butler
I don't see him being a Knick though

D Roses Bulls
11-30-2011, 03:47 PM
lol the Heat are associated with everyone.... why do I see Dan Gilbert trying to block Miami by acquiring like half of the Amnestied players because he mad? :p

I would laugh my butt off if that happen.

justinnum1
11-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Sure, for the min for one year to show he is healthy. Would get 25 min a night. Could be a nice role for him.

Shmontaine
11-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Sure, for the min for one year to show he is healthy. Would get 25 min a night. Could be a nice role for him.

where would he get 25 min from??

JerseysFinest
11-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Could definitely see him returning to South Beach

Knicks21
11-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Your not going to get him for the min. I know he was injured but he can get more than the min.

HouRealCoach
11-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Dwight, Deron, Caron...

justinnum1
11-30-2011, 03:58 PM
where would he get 25 min from??

He can play the back up 2/3. It would be nice to get wade and lebron some more rest during the regular season, with it be condensed and all.

SteBO
I'd love him here, but it isn't feasable. I'm just fine with Battier/Hill for a cheaper price. I want MIA to spend their $$$ on a true center.

marj987
Stfu butler, your staying a Mav.

fin_frenzy_84
11-30-2011, 04:00 PM

YOU think everyone is coming to the heat :facepalm:

SteBO
11-30-2011, 04:02 PM
If I'm Butler, I'm better off staying a Mav though. You have a great, rich owner who will be willing to give you fair pay to remain a Mav. When healthy, Caron is as good a player you could ask for.

Shmontaine
11-30-2011, 04:06 PM
He can play the back up 2/3. It would be nice to get wade and lebron some more rest during the regular season, with it be condensed and all.

i get that, it makes some sense... but i don't think it's that easy...

do you see lebron or dwade playing the first 18 - 20 minutes every game??? i don't know, maybe they did last year... and then, one of the two playing the whole 3rd quarter... it just doesn't seem logistically feasible IMO to get him 25 min a game... i'm thinking more like 15, and i'm not sure he would be down for that... he could be though...

pd1dish
11-30-2011, 04:10 PM

yeah i expect to see backups having a much bigger role this year, or at least averaging more minutes, because of the condensed season. i hope the Bulls can get him. He would easily get 25 minutes on the Bulls. idk about him getting that much time on the Heat, but both teams would be a great fit for him

gotoHcarolina52
11-30-2011, 04:13 PM

His beliefs are founded on precedent. See We Got 'em All. Discounted! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZr2qOXQJ4w&t=2m52s), circa June 2010.

tcav701
11-30-2011, 04:19 PM

Nice join date.

The end of the lockout reminds us of how annoying Heat/Knick fans are.

b_russ
11-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Why Miami? He'd be the backup to Wade and James.

Dade County
11-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Nice join date.

Sad.... what does me creating an account on PSD have to do with anything:confused:

Burn & raised in the county of Dade.

thekmp211
11-30-2011, 04:30 PM
miami makes no sense. butler isn't the kind of vet miami will be attracting.

as a uconn fan i love butler and he used to be underrated, but has developed into a bit of a ball-stopper in recent years. not enough of a shooter to help the bulls. he'd be a great fit for new jersey, at the right price.

Dade County
11-30-2011, 04:31 PM

Discounted :D

mttwlsn16
11-30-2011, 04:33 PM
clippers need a SF badly

mttwlsn16
11-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Nice join date.

riiiiiight bc the date u joined PSD totally reflects what team u root for
:facepalm:

justinnum1
11-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Nice join date.

:facepalm:Nice baiting

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-30-2011, 04:53 PM
His beliefs are founded on precedent. See We Got 'em All. Discounted! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZr2qOXQJ4w&t=2m52s), circa June 2010.

Funny. You're absolutely right. But it's crazy to think Cp3 would do the same. But he literally does say every free agent is coming to the Heat. Every last 1. Somebody joked and said Howard is coming to the Heat and really asked him if he heard anything legit because he believes Riley can snag any1

uptownfan
11-30-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't see Butler signing with the Heat if he's concerned about playing time... He wouldn't start there

MTar786
11-30-2011, 04:59 PM
butler to chicago would be best for him

Muttman73
11-30-2011, 05:01 PM

Um...Heat fans see everybody coming to the Heat

justinnum1
11-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Um...Heat fans see everybody coming to the Heat

Only because all these FA are mentioning the heat. Honestly, tho, who wouldnt want to play in miami?

contender
great owner
great management.

only about 4-5 teams can say all that

Ill21
11-30-2011, 05:13 PM
This December Caron Butler will take his talents to south beach and play for the Miami Heat

IU Hoosiers 3
11-30-2011, 05:19 PM
no idea where he goes, hope its back in dallas, but i just hope he holds up, not the easiest injury to recover from.

shep33
11-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I don't think he goes back to Dallas, and I doubt he goes to Miami just because Wade and James are gonna eat up minutes at the 2 and 3 spot. Chicago makes sense if he wants to play 2 guard or back up Deng at the 3. The Knicks wouldn't be bad either, he and Fields can split minutes at the 2 and he can also take minutes at the 3 from Anthony. Knicks need some depth badly.

Cal827
11-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Nice join date.

lol yup, cause everybody who joined after July 2010 are Heat/Knick fans... and even so, they definitely didn't watch the team for years and just found out about this site :p

Da Knicks
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Nice join date.

:shrug:

kblo247
11-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Add Lakers to the list according to espn. Would be nice to see him, Kobe, and Akamai play together for more than 44 games like in 05. If Artest bit the amnesty bullet (personally wish he and Blake both could) he could get a starting role.

The NBA relaxed the lockout rules and permitted teams to contact players' agents beginning at 8 a.m. CT. Those that have quickly expressed interest in the 6-foot-7 Butler are the San Antonio Spurs, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, New Jersey Nets and Chicago Bulls.

Players, including free agents, will be allowed to access their teams' practice facilities Thursday, but Butler is not expected to be in Dallas. He has been training in Chicago for much of the offseason.

A source with knowledge of Butler's thinking said the veteran's No. 1 destination remains Dallas. When asked Wednesday if he's surprised that the Mavs did not make an early overture, Butler answered, "I'm just in Chicago ready to defend the title or go get one."

During his nine-year career, Butler has had a stint with Kobe Bryant and the Lakers whom he remained close with, as well as with Dwyane Wade and the Heat.

Last month Butler played in a charity exhibition game in South Florida with Wade and his Heat teammates LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

gotoHcarolina52
11-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Funny. You're absolutely right. But it's crazy to think Cp3 would do the same. But he literally does say every free agent is coming to the Heat. Every last 1. Somebody joked and said Howard is coming to the Heat and really asked him if he heard anything legit because he believes Riley can snag any1

It's absolutely insane. You'd have to be delusional to think any one NBA team has it's pick of the elite free agent litter. This isn't baseball where payroll constraints are essentially nonexistent. Are the HEAT likely to garner interest from a variety of veteran, quality free agents? Absolutely. Can the HEAT sign/acquire CP3, Dwight Howard, etc while keeping Wade, LeBron and Bosh? I love you fellow passionate HEAT fans, but . . . keep dreaming.

Lord Leoshes
11-30-2011, 09:03 PM
i get that, it makes some sense... but i don't think it's that easy...

do you see lebron or dwade playing the first 18 - 20 minutes every game??? i don't know, maybe they did last year... and then, one of the two playing the whole 3rd quarter... it just doesn't seem logistically feasible IMO to get him 25 min a game... i'm thinking more like 15, and i'm not sure he would be down for that... he could be though...

All three could play together.

VinceCarter
12-01-2011, 03:14 AM
I'd like to see Caron on the Nets. At the right price of course.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-01-2011, 03:29 AM

Along with Battier, Hill, Chandler, Nene, Howard, Paul, and Barea?

marj987
12-01-2011, 03:39 AM

Yeah so is Mourning, Shaq, and Penny Hardaway.

abe_froman
12-01-2011, 04:09 AM
its good to hear we're taking a look at him(though am somewhat skiddish about him now post injury)

Tony_Starks
12-01-2011, 04:14 AM
I see him either going to Miami or LA. Both chances to go play with one of his boys on a contender in a place he's been before. If him and Kobe are supposedly still so tight, hopefully Kobe is callin/textin/tweeting whatever the hell he has to do to convince him to come on back!

The dark horse is the Clippers though. He could get a nice check and still be in LA........

Shmontaine
12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/KCJHoop/status/142283816189431808

Caron Butler has been working out in Chicago. Source close to him said he said this AM, "I hope I don't have to leave." #Bulls

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ah_bEOI2s_kuMIOdDLNUPyK8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_free_agency_113011

Caron Butler, one of the most pursued small forwards in this year’s free-agent class, privately considers the Los Angeles Clippers and Chicago Bulls as his two most preferred destinations, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Butler is most attracted to the Bulls because of the chance to play with Derrick Rose(notes) and compete for a title, but he would have to take significantly less money to play in Chicago. The Bulls have a stronger need for a shooting guard and could ultimately spend their money there.

Dade County
12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Along with Battier, Hill, Chandler, Nene, Howard, Paul, and Barea?

Not Barea.....

the rest of them .... Discounted :D

Nets/Raiders!
12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
If he leaves, I will question his loyalty and I will question Mark Cuban's intentions. Highly disappointed right now.

kozelkid
12-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Meh, don't seem him as a fit for the Bulls. At this point he's strictly a sf. A rather inefficient one who wouldn't stretch the floor for us.