PDA

View Full Version : new rondo rumor-rondo to indy?

abe_froman
11-30-2011, 04:22 AM
The Pacers and Celtics have discussed the preliminary framework of a deal, but two sources said Indiana would need a third team to provide Boston with the talent it wants to do a deal. The Celtics are likely trying to gather the necessary pieces to make a bid for Ainge’s ultimate target: New Orleans point guard Chris Paul(notes), sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_boston_celtics_rajon_rondo_112911

D1JM
11-30-2011, 04:23 AM
****en rumors keep popping up. whom to believe?????

*Superman*
11-30-2011, 04:24 AM
Ainge you bastard you. Seriously, if he pulls it off for CP3. Wow.

Sactown
11-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Is it safe to assume Rondo is gone?

HouRealCoach
11-30-2011, 04:28 AM
NOBODY wants Rondo lol

NYKnicksAllDay
11-30-2011, 04:36 AM
lol. even "Rondo to Knicks" was trending on Twitter. Seriously, I wonder who comes up with half of these rumors?

SNYmets86
11-30-2011, 04:36 AM
AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
"Rondo to the Knicks" is also trending worldwide. I'm not sure where that's coming from

man these rumors are funny it has to be incarcerated bob with these rumors lol

D1JM
11-30-2011, 04:48 AM
i want to see rondo without three hall of famers. kg would bail him out on the defensive end too.

shep33
11-30-2011, 05:05 AM
i want to see rondo without three hall of famers. kg would bail him out on the defensive end too.

So true, I like Rondo, but that's just always going to be a looming question over his career so far. I don't understand it at all though, this becomes a huge gamble for Ainge. I'm guessing his real play is to get Cp3 to attract Howard right? Too much could go wrong from this point till the 2012 free agency period.

D1JM
11-30-2011, 05:07 AM
So true, I like Rondo, but that's just always going to be a looming question over his career so far. I don't understand it at all though, this becomes a huge gamble for Ainge. I'm guessing his real play is to get Cp3 to attract Howard right? Too much could go wrong from this point till the 2012 free agency period.

exactly. i think allen and kg made enough money to just sign eventually for the min giving boston enough cap space to sign players.

naps
11-30-2011, 05:17 AM
If Boston lands CP3 somehow, it would be near impossible for Dwight Howard to pass up on the Celtics. Then they sign KG and Allen for minimum. Can you imagine a lineup of CP3-Allen-Pierce-KG-Dwight? WOW!! I can't picture any team beating them.

shep33
11-30-2011, 05:18 AM
This makes less and less sense to me as I continue to think about. Allen and KG's deals are up after this year, so they'll be done. Considering that they trade Rondo and get Paul, the only decent player left on the Celts roster next year will be Pierce, and he'll be 35. So why on earth would Cp3 stay with the Celts when the Knicks with Melo and Anthony in their prime are not too far away in NYC? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Sactown
11-30-2011, 05:21 AM
This makes less and less sense to me as I continue to think about. Allen and KG's deals are up after this year, so they'll be done. Considering that they trade Rondo and get Paul, the only decent player left on the Celts roster next year will be Pierce, and he'll be 35. So why on earth would Cp3 stay with the Celts when the Knicks with Melo and Anthony in their prime are not too far away in NYC? Just doesn't make sense to me.

I believe he'd make less in NY

shep33
11-30-2011, 05:22 AM
If Boston lands CP3 somehow, it would be near impossible for Dwight Howard to pass up on the Celtics. Then they sign KG and Allen for minimum. Can you imagine a lineup of CP3-Allen-Pierce-KG-Dwight? WOW!! I can't picture any team beating them.

except KG and Ray Allen are going to be 36 and 37 years old. Pierce will be 35

shep33
11-30-2011, 05:24 AM
I believe he'd make less in NY

True. But if it's about money, there are better places that he can go, like the Clips or Thunder (deal for Westbrook). And your right though, according to Hollinger the Knicks would have to underpay CP3. But like I said, money-wise he can go to a younger team like the Clips that already have the foundation there. Heck I think the Clips can offer a great package for D12 too. Too bad Donald Sterling is their owner

PleaseBeNice
11-30-2011, 05:25 AM
go away rondo

Sactown
11-30-2011, 05:27 AM
True. But if it's about money, there are better places that he can go, like the Clips or Thunder (deal for Westbrook)

Oh we're talking about talent now... oops haha and I guess it would be money+ wanting to play for that team
Boston might have both, but New York has only one. I'm not sure if he wants to end up in OKC or LA?

Sportfan
11-30-2011, 05:32 AM
Because if Paul has any sense, he'd realize he'd be playing 3rd fiddle in NY and we saw what happens to Bosh when that happens.

Let him be 1b with dwight in Boston, Pierce doesn't look like he's close to retiring, and how can Allen ever lose that jumpshot? KG will be interesting, but I'm sure he can be used effectively on a 20-25 minute basis

at the end of the day, it's ainge realizing this team needs to do something to rejuvenate life into them.

Sactown
11-30-2011, 05:35 AM
Because if Paul has any sense, he'd realize he'd be playing 3rd fiddle in NY and we saw what happens to Bosh when that happens.

Let him be 1b with dwight in Boston, Pierce doesn't look like he's close to retiring, and how can Allen ever lose that jumpshot? KG will be interesting, but I'm sure he can be used effectively on a 20-25 minute basis

at the end of the day, it's ainge realizing this team needs to do something to rejuvenate life into them.
I don't think Paul is going to worry about this as he would be the best player on that team.. easily.. it would be the money that would be the issue going there
I think Boston might be a place he'll be interested in because it'll give him a chance to be competitive plus make the money, also the clippers would be a similar case

naps
11-30-2011, 05:37 AM
except KG and Ray Allen are going to be 36 and 37 years old. Pierce will be 35

So what? You got the best point guard and best center in the league for next 10 years. CP3 and Dwight is a dream scenario for anyone. This combo would complement each other so perfectly that it wouldn't be even fair. KG, Allen, and Pierce would be perfectly fine with those two for another 2 years. Then you start adding other role players around CP3 and Dwight. Players will start making lines to play with them. C'mon man. I understand it would be really tough for Lakers fans to swallow though.

Sactown
11-30-2011, 05:39 AM
So what? You got the best point guard and best center in the league for next 10 years. CP3 and Dwight is a dream scenario for anyone. This combo would complement each other so perfectly that it wouldn't be even fair. KG, Allen, and Pierce would be perfectly fine with those two for another 2 years. Then you start adding other role players around CP3 and Dwight. Players will start making lines to play with them. C'mon man. I understand it would be really tough for Lakers fans to swallow though.

His argument is clearly flawed, even if they decided to dump KG and Allen, they could just find other players to fill the void. A combo of CP3 and Dwight is going to be competitive no matter what

Sportfan
11-30-2011, 05:40 AM
lol, you think he's going to be looked as the best on the team? He's going to be playing with 2 guys ranked in the top 7 in usage percentage last year. he's going to be amigo #3

naps
11-30-2011, 05:41 AM

Behind who? Melo and Amare are nowhere near CP3. CP3 would be the undisputed best player and leader of that team. You are kidding yourself man.

da ThRONe
11-30-2011, 05:43 AM
If CP3 really wants to win a title why go to a team with a one year window? And that window could easily close this year.

naps
11-30-2011, 05:48 AM
If CP3 really wants to win a title why go to a team with a one year window? And that window could easily close this year.

The point is if Boston has CP3, then they automatically becomes the favorite to land Dwight. I am sure CP3 will make sure Dwight joins him before he commits anything to the Celtics.

Chill_Will_24
11-30-2011, 05:51 AM
Jeez!! If CP3 gets to the east which of him, Rose, and Deron will get snubbed? Prolly Deron. Rose has too much hype

da ThRONe
11-30-2011, 06:01 AM
The point is if Boston has CP3, then they automatically becomes the favorite to land Dwight. I am sure CP3 will make sure Dwight joins him before he commits anything to the Celtics.

This makes no sense. Why not just go to Orlando or have Howard come to NOLA? Why run to Boston in hopes to pull this off.

Sportfan
11-30-2011, 06:09 AM
^^Let's be honest, do you have more faith in the Boston organization building around these guys or Orlando/NO who failed to build around only their 1 guy (well NOH failed for sure, Orlando meh) Aige created the superstar formula and has been successful with it. Hell, if KG didn't get those injuries the Celtics would have 2, if not 3 titles by now
Celtics have a rich tradition of winning, a good fan base, they're not nearly as bad as it made out to be. It's not like the freaking artic either, it gets warm in the summer.

Jeez!! If CP3 gets to the east which of him, Rose, and Deron will get snubbed? Prolly Deron. Rose has too much hype
all 3

Mishmin
11-30-2011, 07:27 AM
I wonder if that 3 way trade would mean Darren Collison going back to New Orleans...

samevans7
11-30-2011, 07:39 AM
This makes no sense. Why not just go to Orlando or have Howard come to NOLA? Why run to Boston in hopes to pull this off.
Neither team can afford both

And for you stupid Knick fans, CP3 will not join Melo and Stat. If they clear out everyone on the roster except those 2, they might be able to sign him. But then it would mean they have about $1 mil to spend on the remaining 9 roster spots, which isn't happening

samevans7
11-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Abs the whole argument of "Celtics are too old" is irrelevant. With CP3 and Dwight, it makes Boston quite attractive. And when Pierce's deal expires, we have another max got a stud.

Heediot
11-30-2011, 07:51 AM

Would this be the first time in NBA history that a team has 5 HOF's starting?

RevisIsland
11-30-2011, 08:15 AM
A lot of Indy rumors recently, good for them, nice to see a small market team get active and try to improve their team.

Davidgta1
11-30-2011, 08:19 AM
I don't think it's true. But who knows

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 09:01 AM

KG is deep into his decline, Allen is poised to drop into his. PP will probably start his in 2012-2013. The bench what there is of it is junk today. I doubt both KG and RA would put their bodies at risk for chump change.

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 09:03 AM
NOBODY wants Rondo lol

I can see Miami and OKC making fine use of his services, among others.

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I think that people seem to forget that james dolan doesnt care about a luxury tax, this guy has proven since that allan hoston signing and eddy curry, along with taking on jamal crawfords contract, I think people seem to forget that u can go over the luxury tax, and the knicks will do so again to attain a pg of cp3's magnitude. So all those counting the knicks out because of a money issue must not know james dolan, once again! Its called luxury taxes HATERS

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 09:15 AM
One other thing people seem to forget, even if all these trade rumors are true, cp3 has the leverage in choosing wich team he wants to go to, and the last time I checked, the only thing we can really go by is that he and Melo are great friends that want to play together, and two he made that famous toast indicating that he wanted to build a big three with the knicks. And since u guys are into all these observations, did u observe that during the lock out when they had the charity events, cp3, Melo, and Stat played together in all of the events they played, hint hint wink wink, lmao, anyways, again its called luxry taxes

tcav701
11-30-2011, 09:16 AM
I think that people seem to forget that james dolan doesnt care about a luxury tax, this guy has proven since that allan hoston signing and eddy curry, along with taking on jamal crawfords contract, I think people seem to forget that u can go over the luxury tax, and the knicks will do so again to attain a pg of cp3's magnitude. So all those counting the knicks out because of a money issue must not know james dolan, once again! Its called luxury taxes HATERS

You need to learn how the salray cap works dude.

Indiana would have the additional pieces to give NO the best package for CP3. If Ainge can pull of CP3, Boston is the undisputed favorite for D12. If Rondo is traded, Pierce and Avery Bradley are the ONLY players under contract next year. MAX deal to CP3, MAX deal to D12 in a huge market with great, winning tradition.

Not sure if its gonna happen, but Ainge got Allen and KG in a similar fashion, and LBJ and Bosh found a way in Miami so its certianly possible.

mdm692
11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Neither team can afford both

And for you stupid Knick fans, CP3 will not join Melo and Stat. If they clear out everyone on the roster except those 2, they might be able to sign him. But then it would mean they have about $1 mil to spend on the remaining 9 roster spots, which isn't happening

ehh james dolans pocketts say other wise

xnick5757
11-30-2011, 09:23 AM
One other thing people seem to forget, even if all these trade rumors are true, cp3 has the leverage in choosing wich team he wants to go to, and the last tme I checked, the only thing we can really go by is that he and Melo are great friends that want to play together, and two he made that famous toast indicating that he wanted to build a big three with the knicks. And since u guys are into all these observations, did u observe that during the lock out when they had the charity events, cp3, Melo, and Stat played together in all of the events they played, hint hint wink wink, lmao, anyways, again its called luxry taxex

:facepalm:

2012/2013 cap - $58 million

$39.5 million committed to STAT/Melo

that leaves $18.5 million for 10 other players

9 cap holds = $4.5 million

that leaves $14.0 for CP3

if, (and he won't), CP3 was ok with making 6-10 million dollars less than STAT/Melo, and he signed with the knicks for 14 million, this is what their roster would look like.

PG: CP3
SG: D-LEAGUER
SF: Melo
PF: STAT
C: D-LEAGUER

B: D-LEAGUER

sixer04fan
11-30-2011, 09:24 AM
So far it seems that Ainge needs a third team in all of these Rondo trades haha. Does nobody want Rondo?

xnick5757
11-30-2011, 09:26 AM
So far it seems that Ainge needs a third team in all of these Rondo trades haha. Does nobody want Rondo?

the 3rd team is for extra pieces to go to NO along with Rondo; why would NO take a Rondo for CP3 trade straight up?

tcav701
11-30-2011, 09:26 AM

Teams want him, but it would cost more than just him for CP3.

Hence bringing in a 3rd team.

ShakeN'Bake
11-30-2011, 09:30 AM

Its called learn how the salary cap works. Even if you are willing to pay the luxury tax you cant just got out and sign the guy.

sixer04fan
11-30-2011, 09:33 AM
the 3rd team is for extra pieces to go to NO along with Rondo; why would NO take a Rondo for CP3 trade straight up?

Teams want him, but it would cost more than just him for CP3.

Hence bringing in a 3rd team.

Good point.

But won't the Celtics have to give up even more pieces to satisfy the third team that's sending parts to NO? What else do they have?

xnick5757
11-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Good point.

But won't the Celtics have to give up even more pieces to satisfy the third team that's sending parts to NO? What else do they have?

green, davis, clippers 2012 1st, bradley, etc.

and (lol)

New Jersey's 2014 2nd round pick
Sacramento's 2015 2nd round pick
Sacramento's 2017 2nd round pick

tcav701
Good point.

Green, Big Baby, Bradley, two first rounders next year

tcav701
green, davis, clippers 2012 1st, bradley, etc.

Hahahaha

stop doing that

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 09:38 AM
:facepalm:

2012/2013 cap - $58 million

$39.5 million committed to STAT/Melo

that leaves $18.5 million for 10 other players

9 cap holds = $4.5 million

that leaves $14.0 for CP3

if, (and he won't), CP3 was ok with making 6-10 million dollars less than STAT/Melo, and he signed with the knicks for 14 million, this is what their roster would look like.

PG: CP3
SG: D-LEAGUER
SF: Melo
PF: STAT
C: D-LEAGUER

:facepalm: Again, let me emphasize on the word luxry tax, its when u go over the cap and have to pay dollar for dollar on taxes, on this new agreement dollar fifthy on every dollar the knicks go over, and then you still have players who would be a part of the amnesty clause thatwould get released from there teams and would take the minimum to go play with thay big three, plus guys who dont mind taking the minimum to come and play for the knicks, again its called luxury tax, and one more thing, u put cp3 to play with a bunch of d leaguers and he'll make them look like stars, so your point is void:facepalm:

tcav701
11-30-2011, 09:41 AM
:facepalm: Again, let me emphasize on the word luxry tax, its when u go over the cap and have to pay dollar for dollar on taxes, on this new agreement dollar fifthy on every dollar the knicks go over, and then you still have players who would be a part of the amnesty clause thatwould get released from there teams and would take the minimum to go play with thay big three, plus guys who dont mind taking the minimum to come and play for the knicks, again its called luxury tax, and one more thing, u put cp3 to play with a bunch of d leaguers and he'll make them look like stars, so your point is void:facepalm:

You cant go over the cap to sign free agents unless it is a MLE or a VET MIN or to retain your own free agents . But i doubt you know what any of that means.

You need to read Hollingers article on how this cannot happen.

You think a team can just go over the cap at will?

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Its called learn how the salary cap works. Even if you are willing to pay the luxury tax you cant just got out and sign the guy. If he becomes a free agent, yeah we can, and secound its called sign and trade with a third team involved, im sure there is a team trying to clear cap space, and billups would be the guy to get that done, its just a matter of what new orleans want from the third team

tcav701
11-30-2011, 09:45 AM
If he becomes a free agent, yeah we can, and secound its called sign and trade with a third team involved, im sure there is a team trying to clear cap space, and billups would be the guy to get that done, its just a matter of what new orleans want from the third team

Which is exactly what the Celtics are doing but with better pieces. You are delusional dude.

Im sure NO wants a 46 year old Billups to sign a contract large enough to make that deal work to help them rebuild.

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 09:45 AM
You cant go over the cap to sign free agents unless it is a MLE or a VET MIN or to retain your own free agents . But i doubt you know what any of that means.

You need to read Hollingers article on how this cannot happen.

You think a team can just go over the cap at will?

You can do it through a sign and trade though

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-30-2011, 09:46 AM
From what I read the amnesty is like a waiver wire bidding war. Lets say for a example team A is amnesting a player that cost $10M and is on a 3 year deal of a total $30M say $10M per season. Then it becomes a waiver wire. The team that bids the most gets the player that amnesty. Say one team bids $1M per season of remaining contract. Then the waiver wire begins last team in the league is desperate they offer $5M per. They win the bid.

So they get him on a 3 year $15M while old team pays the other remaining money. But old team don't have his contract on the books but still pays remaining money. That's what I got from the amnesty deal. Old rumor which is void was a player amnesty a player they pay whole deal and is off the cap books. Then said so player is free to go anywhere.

tcav701
11-30-2011, 09:47 AM
From what I read the amnesty is like a waiver wire bidding war. Lets say for a example team A is amnesting a player that cost $10M and is on a 3 year deal of a total $30M say $10M per season. Then it becomes a waiver wire. The team that bids the most gets the player that amnesty. Say one team bids $1M per season of remaining contract. Then the waiver wire begins last team in the league is desperate they offer $5M per. They win the bid.

So they get him on a 3 year $15M while old team pays the other remaining money. But old team don't have his contract on the books but still pays remaining money. That's what I got from the amnesty deal. Old rumor which is void was a player amnesty a player they pay whole deal and is off the cap books. Then said so player is free to go anywhere.

i think you are in the wrong thread lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-30-2011, 09:49 AM
i think you are in the wrong thread lolNo there were some post say people will just grab a amnesty player on vet minimum. It don't go like that. Its like a waiver wire bidding war.

ShakeN'Bake
11-30-2011, 09:49 AM
You can do it through a sign and trade though

Fair enough. I thought you were just talking about signing him out right and being able to go over the cap.

What would the knicks be trading in this scenario?

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Which is exactly what the Celtics are doing but with better pieces. You are delusional dude.
Again u are missing the point that cp3 holds all leverage in that he gets to choose where he wants to go. And he has made it clear through the infamous toast that he wants to play along side Melo and Stat, so all these boston rumors dont mean a thing if thats not where he wants to be, did I mention where he does want to be, oh yeah thats right I did, a toast gentleman, to the knicks getting cp3, cheeeeeeeers

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Fair enough. I thought you were just talking about signing him out right and being able to go over the cap.

What would the knicks be trading in this scenario?

Thats why I bought getting a third team involved who wouldnt mind taking billups and his expiring contract

tcav701
11-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Again u are missing the point that cp3 holds all leverage in that he gets to choose where he wants to go. And he has made it clear through the infamous toast that he wants to play along side Melo and Stat, so all these boston rumors dont mean a thing if thats not where he wants to be, did I mrntion where does want to be, oh yeah thats right I did, a toast gentleman, to the knicks getting cp3, cheeeeeeeers

There is a zero percent chance the Hornets take any sort of package from the Knicks. They are better off with the cap spcae than taking Billups and fillers.

The Hornets have the leverage in a trading scenario, they can trade him wherever. What do they care if he leaves his new team after this year?

corky831
11-30-2011, 09:57 AM
lol the knicks fans are having a hissy fit over the fact ainge is trying to get Paul....everyone said KG wouldn't wanna go to Boston too, but he has loved it here....the Celtics are gonna have so much cap room next yr that they would be able to extend Paul and sign D12....why you guys think Doc would come back on a 5 yr contract? To fight for lottery picks? I don't think so....they got a plan, and I'm loving it

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 10:06 AM
There is a zero percent chance the Hornets take any sort of package from the Knicks. They are better off with the cap spcae than taking Billups and fillers.

The Hornets have the leverage in a trading scenario, they can trade him wherever. What do they care if he leaves his new team after this year? Are you forgetting the Melo drama last year, the nets had a way better package yo give up than the nuggets, the only thing that stop the deal was Melo refusing to sign any extension, they did not want to rent Melo for a half a season and thats why the trade never fell through, thats why they were trying to come out with this new rule called the Melo rule cause of how he was able to determine where he wanted to go because the leverage he held in knowing that he didnt have to sign extension and that altimately landed him where he originally wanted to go, wich was new york, and cp3 holds the same leverage this year, wich is why I am saying he will be a knick b4 the season is up

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Hornets will hold out until they get the best possible package for CP3. He did say he will only sign an extension in NY and LAC.

hugepatsfan
11-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Are you forgetting the Melo drama last year, the nets had a way better package yo give up than the nuggets, the only thing that stop the deal was Melo refusing to sign any extension, they did not want to rent Melo for a half a season and thats why the trade never fell through, thats why they were trying to come out with this new rule called the Melo rule cause of how he was able to determine where he wanted to go because the leverage he held in knowing that he didnt have to sign extension and that altimately landed him where he originally wanted to go, wich was new york, and cp3 holds the same leverage this year, wich is why I am saying he will be a knick b4 the season is up

NY might not have had the best package to offer for Melo, but they had a good one. They don't have **** to offer for CP3. Billups (expiring contract) Toney Douglas, and Landry Fields is really all they could offer. Billups is absolutely useless to NO - just an expiring deal to make salaries work.

And CP3 doesn't need to approve a trade either. He can choose not to sign an extension, but he can't veto a trade. That package from the Knicks is not good at all - I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would be willing to trade a better package even w/out an extension. Giving up a poor package like that isn't "selling the farm for a rental."

tcav701
11-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Are you forgetting the Melo drama last year, the nets had a way better package yo give up than the nuggets, the only thing that stop the deal was Melo refusing to sign any extension, they did not want to rent Melo for a half a season and thats why the trade never fell through, thats why they were trying to come out with this new rule called the Melo rule cause of how he was able to determine where he wanted to go because the leverage he held in knowing that he didnt have to sign extension and that altimately landed him where he originally wanted to go, wich was new york, and cp3 holds the same leverage this year, wich is why I am saying he will be a knick b4 the season is up

The difference is Melo is a Punk. He wanted to play fot the knicks because his wife told him to. Paul wouldnt refuse a move to the Celtics.

Potentially, CP3 could got to the Celtics, complete THIS year. And next year help recruit D12. Allen and KG COULD come back at vet mins next year and form one of the best starting 5 in NBA history.

So does he want to go to NY, or does he want the BEST chance to win. The Celtics are proven winners and the Knicks are loveable losers. The possibility to build a TEAM around CP3 and D12 in a large market is better long term than placing him with 2 ball hogs and a clueless coach in NY.

PS the Knicks OVERPAYED for Melo.

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Hornets will hold out until they get the best possible package for CP3. He did say he will only sign an extension in NY and LAC.

Thank you sir, its not about the best package for new orleans at this point, its about cp3 signing an extention to the team he wants, and not once did he mention the celtics

tcav701
11-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Thank you sir, its not about the best package for new orleans at this point, its about cp3 signing an extention to the team he wants, and not once did he mention the celtics

Even if he doesnt want to play in Boston, the Clippers can offer a much better package.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-30-2011, 10:18 AM

The Hornets have the leverage in a trading scenario, they can trade him wherever. What do they care if he leaves his new team after this year?

NO can trade him whereever, but other teams arent gonna give up a ton if he wont resign with them. Its the same situation as the Melo one, how much leverage did Denver really have

hugepatsfan
11-30-2011, 10:20 AM

No its not just about the extension. There's a huge difference between this and Melo. NY had a very competitive offer to make for Melo. Their best package for CP3 is trash. There are many teams that could offer better and would offer better even w/out an extension from CP3.

hugepatsfan
11-30-2011, 10:22 AM
NO can trade him whereever, but other teams arent gonna give up a ton if he wont resign with them. Its the same situation as the Melo one, how much leverage did Denver really have

NY had a very good offer for Melo though. Their package was too much for another team to match w.out an extension. The package NY has for CP3 though (expiring in Billups, Fields, Tony Douglas) is trash when you're getting back CP3. I'm sure numerous teams would match that offer even w/out an extension. That would hardly be a high price to play for a CP3 level player, even on a rental.

MELO 15
The difference is Melo is a Punk. He wanted to play fot the knicks because his wife told him to. Paul wouldnt refuse a move to the Celtics.

Potentially, CP3 could got to the Celtics, complete THIS year. And next year help recruit D12. Allen and KG COULD come back at vet mins next year and form one of the best starting 5 in NBA history.

So does he want to go to NY, or does he want the BEST chance to win. The Celtics are proven winners and the Knicks are loveable losers. The possibility to build a TEAM around CP3 and D12 in a large market is better long term than placing him with 2 ball hogs and a clueless coach in NY.

PS the Knicks OVERPAYED for Melo.

My goodnes! You sound a little frustrated their, its gonna be ok, your starting to see the doors close on the celts and your just a little worked up about the knicks making a TOAST to get there own BIG THREE, sorry but its time to give the reigns to another team, and plus D12 wants to play for the lakers, its OK, you still have the patriots and the red sox though!:clap:

BKLYNpigeon

If cp3 ends up in Boston I could see him signing a short extension of about 2-3 years. Celtics are old but they have some run left in them.

Knicks dont have cap room to sign CP3. they have 42 million committed next season for 3 players! that leaves them 16-18 million to spend on 9 players, because you need 12 players to start a season. anything over the salary cap is TRIPLE in Luxury Taxes. CP3 is a Max contract player, you think he wants to take a 15 million dollar pay cut? lol.

tcav701
11-30-2011, 10:24 AM
If cp3 ends up in Boston I could see him signing a short extension of about 2-3 years. Celtics are old but they have some run left in them.

Knicks dont have cap room to sign CP3. they have 42 million committed next season for 3 players! that leaves them 16-18 million to spend on 9 players, because you need 12 players to start a season. anything over the salary cap is TRIPLE in Luxury Taxes. CP3 is a Max contract player, you think he wants to take a 15 million dollar pay cut? lol.

WOW!!!!

A NY fan that gets it.

Dont let these other bozo's know where you live.

tcav701
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
My goodnes! You sound a little frustrated their, its gonna be ok, your starting to see the doors close on the celts and your just a little worked about the knicks making a TOAST to get there own BIG THREE, sorry but its time to gine the reigns to another team, and plus D12 wants to play for the lakers, its OK, you still have the patriots and the red sox though!:clap:

I dont think Boston is the favorite for CP3. I said if the do get him, they are the favorite for Dwight.

I also said Boston is MORE likely to get CP3 than NY is.

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Im actually from the West Coast, just living in NY and ragging on the knicks.

go Warriors!

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Its possible for Boston to land CP3, Danny Ainge just has to rob, trick, or steal from third team to make the trade.

I think the Clippers have the best shot in landing CP3. they could trade for him straight up. it also doesnt hurt that he would actually want to play for them.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Isnt there a chance that if the Hornets compete, they wont trade CP3 at all. If their like the 5 or 6 seed, is there a chance that they wont trade him? Especially with them being owned by the NBA

tcav701
11-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Its possible for Boston to land CP3, Danny Ainge just has to rob, trick, or steal from third team to make the trade.

I think the Clippers have the best shot in landing CP3. they could trade for him straight up. it also doesnt hurt that he would actually want to play for them.

I agree. The Clippers could be a huge player in this with Gordon as a centerpiece.

tcav701
11-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Isnt there a chance that if the Hornets compete, they wont trade CP3 at all. If their like the 5 or 6 seed, is there a chance that they wont trade him? Especially with them being owned by the NBA

A trade to the Celtics would happen before the season so team record would have no effect.

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 10:32 AM
James dolan doesnt give shiet about a luxury tax, come on people, think about it he once payed marbury, crawford, eddie curry, and that by the way hurt, and still had allan houston he had to pay on the side, you think this man cares abouy the luxury tax

tcav701
11-30-2011, 10:33 AM
James dolan doesnt give shiet about a luxury tax, come on people, think about it he once payed marbury, crawford, eddie curry, and that by the way hurt, and still had allan houston he had to pay on the side, you think this man cares abouy the luxury tax

Which is exactly why hes one of the worst owners in the league.

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Which is exactly why hes one of the worst owners in the league.

Not if cp3 gets signed, all will be forgiven

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 10:35 AM

its different this season, NBA wont allow a team to go over 20 million over the salary cap. lol

imagine giving CP3 a max contract of 20 million a season and actually paying 60 million a season for him. HAHA.

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 10:36 AM

Hornets said that they would trade him instead of letting him walk away for nothing.

CP3 said he wants to play in NY or LAC.

Knicks to have crap to trade except the bright lights. looks like hes going to LAL.

MELO 15
11-30-2011, 10:39 AM
its different this season, NBA wont allow a team to go over 20 million over the salary cap. lol

imagine giving CP3 a max contract of 20 million a season and actually paying 60 million a season for him. HAHA.
Not sayinv your wronv, just need a link, cause as far as I knew there was no hard cap, or anything stating an owner cant spenf his money they way he wants, and thats in luding paying the luxry tax

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 10:39 AM

Sorry, the Celts have no run left in them after this year unless they strike it big with a guy like Paul, and then even so it depends on Howard coming AND two guys taking vet mins to win a ring, not sure they are up for that, and I'm very unsure about Howard coming to Boston.

More likely would be this sort of thing

Rondo, S&T Green, and 2013 #1 for Paul
Deal Allen and the 2012 Celt #2 pick for Ellis (GS wants salary gone, Curry is the guy they are banking on, not Ellis)
Signing an operational Center
Then hitting big on one of our two #1's in the draft picks in the '12 draft
and then attracting a real good big (not Howard) with KG's slot next year
get PP to adjust his contract and get another nice player out of that

It's not as sexy as Howard and Paul, but it's likely got more depth and scoring balance.

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Knicks should have waited for Melo to sign this season, instead of trading for him. They would have ended last season in the same predicament, one and done in the playoffs.

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Not sayinv your wronv, just need a link, cause as far as I knew there was no hard cap, or anything stating an owner cant spenf his money they way he wants, and thats in luding paying the luxry tax

CBA is still being finalized, but this is the one big issue left so small market teams can actually compete in the league. theres going to be a Salary cap and Luxury Tax when you go over, but I think the Hard Cap will be there.

ty_smitty21
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Indy has Collison and George Hill at the point. Rondo is a great player, but they'd be better served going after a big. Indy's future is bright. Lots of young players getting better.... postseason experience last year and they gave the Bulls all they could handle.... no more Jim O'brien as head coach.... and 20 million dollars to spend.

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Sorry, the Celts have no run left in them after this year unless they strike it big with a guy like Paul, and then even so it depends on Howard coming AND two guys taking vet mins to win a ring, not sure they are up for that, and I'm very unsure about Howard coming to Boston.

More likely would be this sort of thing

Rondo, S&T Green, and 2013 #1 for Paul
Deal Allen and the 2012 Celt #2 pick for Ellis (GS wants salary gone, Curry is the guy they are banking on, not Ellis)
Signing an operational Center
Then hitting big on one of our two #1's in the draft picks in the '12 draft
and then attracting a real good big (not Howard) with KG's slot next year
get PP to adjust his contract and get another nice player out of that

It's not as sexy as Howard and Paul, but it's likely got more depth and scoring balance.

Ellis isnt going anywhere, the guy is super productive and makes only 11 million for the next 3 seasons. The new Warriors ownership are going to be players in this league. they dont really care about spending or making splashes.

Memphis already offered Rudy Gay for Ellis.

PhillyFaninLA
11-30-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm always a little concerned about players that are great during contract years and not normally and young stars on good teams that are being shopped.

I wonder is there something we don't know, is this just an attempt to get 2 or 3 younger players to lower the average age, is there some mental stability issue we don't know about, does he have some structural weakness in a joint on his body?

I see multiple Rondo rumors on this page and why would you trade Rondo if your the Celtics?

ShakeN'Bake
11-30-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm always a little concerned about players that are great during contract years and not normally and young stars on good teams that are being shopped.

I wonder is there something we don't know, is this just an attempt to get 2 or 3 younger players to lower the average age, is there some mental stability issue we don't know about, does he have some structural weakness in a joint on his body?

I see multiple Rondo rumors on this page and why would you trade Rondo if your the Celtics?

If by mental stability you mean he has a major attitude problem and players and coaches have been reported to both have some issues with him, then yes he does.

Celtics want to trade him because it is time to rebuild and he is the most valuable asset they have. Not to mention that Rondo cannot lead a team himself post big 3.

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Ellis isnt going anywhere, the guy is super productive and makes only 11 million for the next 3 seasons. The new Warriors ownership are going to be players in this league. they dont really care about spending or making splashes.

Hahha Ellis is productive? Maybe but he's not efficient, he hoists way too many FG's for his PPG. His D is below average as well. Curry buries him.

This has nothing to do with splashes it has to do with moving a duplicate resource to get a salary slot you can fill a need with.

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Indy has Collison and George Hill at the point. Rondo is a great player, but they'd be better served going after a big. Indy's future is bright. Lots of young players getting better.... postseason experience last year and they gave the Bulls all they could handle.... no more Jim O'brien as head coach.... and 20 million dollars to spend.

Miami is Rondo's next stop if he goes to the Pacers.

Lucky.
11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Hornets get: Granger and Collison

Celtics get: Paul

Pacers get: Rondo and A pick?

avon_barksdale
11-30-2011, 11:19 AM

monta been on the trade block for a minute. warriors aint draft curry and klay thompson for nothin

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Hahha Ellis is productive? Maybe but he's not efficient, he hoists way too many FG's for his PPG. His D is below average as well. Curry buries him.

This has nothing to do with splashes it has to do with moving a duplicate resource to get a salary slot you can fill a need with.

Last season Eliis was amazing, Look at his stats:

24.1 PPG
45% shooting
3.5 Rebounds
5.6 Assists
2.1 steals

Not bad for 11 million a year.

The Warriors will not be trading Boston for trash sorry.

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 11:23 AM
just posted on ESPN, CP3 said he WONT sign extension if traded to Boston.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7297944/source-chris-paul-sign-boston-celtics-dealt

ShakeN'Bake
11-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Hornets get: Granger and Collison

Celtics get: Paul

Pacers get: Rondo and A pick?

That was my initial thought when I heard about the Pacers being involved. Probably still give the celts pick via the clips to the hornets as well. Maybe even still s&t Davis.

hugepatsfan
11-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Last season Eliis was amazing, Look at his stats:

24.1 PPG
45% shooting
3.5 Rebounds
5.6 Assists
2.1 steals

Not bad for 11 million a year.

The Warriors will not be trading Boston for trash sorry.

Ellis had a pretty good year last year (not as good as you think), but for his career he's not nearly as good. GS would be very smart to deal him off for an expiring and a pick/young player or 2. Keeping him would be bad for the franchise IMO.

ShakeN'Bake
11-30-2011, 11:25 AM

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7297944/source-chris-paul-sign-boston-celtics-dealt

Well ****...atleast this was fun to dream about for a while. Hope that isn't true. But it is very believable.

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
looks like CP3 is firm on NY and LAC

PacersForLife
11-30-2011, 11:30 AM

It's funny how this thread is about Rondo going to Indy and there are like 3-4 posts that are actually talking about it. Since New Orleans doesn't seem to be in the picture anymore, I don't know if there is even a chance that the Celtics will continue trying to trade Rondo. If Rondo is still being shopped and the Pacers are still interested then I wonder what third team will be involved. Should be interesting how this plays out, maybe it will just start losing substance now that Paul doesn't want to sign extension with the Celtics.

Muttman73
11-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Everybody knows he's going to NY, why waste time on stuf like this???

ShakeN'Bake
11-30-2011, 11:35 AM
It's funny how this thread is about Rondo going to Indy and there are like 3-4 posts that are actually talking about it. Since New Orleans doesn't seem to be in the picture anymore, I don't know if there is even a chance that the Celtics will continue trying to trade Rondo. If Rondo is still being shopped and the Pacers are still interested then I wonder what third team will be involved. Should be interesting how this plays out, maybe it will just start losing substance now that Paul doesn't want to sign extension with the Celtics.

Honestly I am pretty high on Danny Granger. I would be open to trade centering around Granger and Rondo. I know a lot of other Celtics fan will probably disagree as this being the best move for the franchise but oh well I am just obsessed with Granger.

MrfadeawayJB
11-30-2011, 11:37 AM

false. I beleive that was Mayo for Ellis

nate2usmc
11-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Everybody knows he's going to NY, why waste time on stuf like this???

Unfortunately, the Knicks are in too big a CAP predicament to make this dream a reality.

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 11:41 AM
BTW, back on the Monta Ellis isnt productive comment.

for Shooting Guards in the NBA last season.

1. Wade 25.5
2. Kobe 25.4
3. Ellis 24.1

Assists:

1. Ellis 5.6
2. Ginobli 4.9
3. Kobe 4.7

steals:

1. Ellis 2.1
2. Ginobli 1.54
3. Wade 1.46

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 11:42 AM
false. I beleive that was Mayo for Ellis

youre right, my bad. what are you guys going to do with Mayo and Gay?

Pierzynski4Prez
11-30-2011, 11:43 AM
I thought Rondo > Rose ??

Lucky.
11-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Honestly I am pretty high on Danny Granger. I would be open to trade centering around Granger and Rondo. I know a lot of other Celtics fan will probably disagree as this being the best move for the franchise but oh well I am just obsessed with Granger.

Yeah i'm A fan of Granger.

MrfadeawayJB
11-30-2011, 11:46 AM
youre right, my bad. what are you guys going to do with Mayo and Gay?

Keep Gay, deal Mayo i assume.

If not and we choose to keep OJ this season, he is a basically a 1yr rental for us

GoPacers33
11-30-2011, 01:32 PM
CP3 is a greedy *****

69centers
11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
I do not believe this deal is taking shape for anything other than a 3rd team for the Rondo/Paul swap. There is no way the Pacers have anything worth the C's trading for straight up with them for Rondo. This rumour only came about after reports of Ainge looking for a 3rd team to make the CP3 trade work.

blahblahyoutoo
11-30-2011, 01:38 PM

how does a PG who controls the ball, the flow, the tempo, touches the ball on 99% of possessions play 3rd fiddle?

his primary responsibility is to lead the team, not score points.

NE Sportsfan
11-30-2011, 01:41 PM
I highly doubt Rondo wears a Celtic uniform again. He's known to be over sensitive, no way he can perform knowing they don't want him.

Corey
11-30-2011, 01:44 PM
I highly doubt Rondo wears a Celtic uniform again. He's known to be over sensitive, no way he can perform knowing they don't want him.

Bs. They've shopped him around every offseason.

blahblahyoutoo
11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Not if cp3 gets signed, all will be forgiven

IF it happens, you'll be stuck in mediocrity for years.
cp3/melo/stat + scrubs is a early playoff exit when they run into bulls or heat.

blahblahyoutoo
11-30-2011, 01:52 PM
monta been on the trade block for a minute. warriors aint draft curry and klay thompson for nothin

is this english?

WhoAmI-
11-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Rondo, Green, Jermaine O'neal, and Murphy for Conley, Battier, and Gasol
Rondo, Green, Davis for Jrue Holiday, Iguadola, and Speights
Rondo, Green, Davis for Paul, and Okafor

I have no idea what Im saying :D

NE Sportsfan
11-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Bs. They've shopped him around every offseason.

Bs. It's never been this fluid. It's always been rumors that they would be open to trading him. He hasnt been mentioned in potential deals like this.

dibacco59
11-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Rondo, Green, Jermaine O'neal, and Murphy for Conley, Battier, and Gasol
Rondo, Green, Davis for Jrue Holiday, Iguadola, and Speights
Rondo, Green, Davis for Paul, and Okafor

I have no idea what Im saying :D

:puke: :censored:

naps
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM

Because you are a fool. Those two teams have nothing on their roster, they don't have a reputation of building championship teams, and those are two small market teams. Why is it so tough for you to understand?

naps
11-30-2011, 02:42 PM
KG is deep into his decline, Allen is poised to drop into his. PP will probably start his in 2012-2013. The bench what there is of it is junk today. I doubt both KG and RA would put their bodies at risk for chump change.

First of all, those guys will be good for another 2 years as role players to play with the greatest pg and the greatest center currently on earth. Secondly, you can easily put players around CP3 and Howard. Heck! What else do you need when you have CP3-Howard?

Only the Lakers-Knicks fans will pretend not get it. (And the others fanbases who are hopeful for these players).

Dolfan305
11-30-2011, 02:58 PM
I'd love for Rondo to go to the Pacers. For one it would make the Celtics less of a threat to the Heat, and it would show how good Rondo really is without 3 hall of famers, who are all great shooters (including the best 3p shooter of all time), to pass it to.

shonk688
11-30-2011, 03:29 PM

:nod:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Bs. It's never been this fluid. It's always been rumors that they would be open to trading him. He hasnt been mentioned in potential deals like this.

Actually, I remember back in 09 it seemed that they had a deal in place with the Pistons to trade Rondo.