PDA

View Full Version : Celts tried to trade Green ,Rondo to OKC for Westbrook,Perkins after playoffs last yr

spreadeagle
11-30-2011, 01:27 AM
Pretty crazy considering they just did that trade in Feb for Green

Boston offered Rondo & Jeff Green to OKC for Westbrook & KPerkins after last season's playoffs. OKC was not interested, sources say. http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard

fin_frenzy_84
11-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Celtics do not want rondo lol

Avenged
11-30-2011, 01:48 AM
Like I said in the other Celtics thread... This just seals what I already thought about Rondo/Westbrook if this is true to begin with.

Sactown
11-30-2011, 01:55 AM
Thunders response "No trade backs *****"

sep11ie
11-30-2011, 01:55 AM
It's a simple tactic of SELL HIGH.

MTar786
11-30-2011, 02:07 AM
lol why would the thunder accept that?

gotoHcarolina52
11-30-2011, 02:32 AM
OKC to Boston: All Sales are Final! No Refunds or Exchanges!

hugepatsfan
11-30-2011, 02:35 AM
I call BS on this. No trades could have been made at the time and there wasn't a CBA. How can a trade proposal be made and accepted/declined when it's literally impossible to do so?

I imagine Rondo-Westbrook was discussed as part of the trade they did make. But BOS moved Perk because of the money he got. Doesn't make sense that they'd want him back. That trade was good for the future of BOS, but ended up hurting in the short run (would have made them better of Green gelled but he didn't so they got worse). Makes no sense that they'd want him back after the year.

LTBaByyy
11-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Rondo
Harden
Durant
Green
Ibaka

Is scary in my opinion, defense and offense both distributed even in that line up

And Durant gets more shots (Westbrook gone)

I would have took it lol especially after giving Perkins that contract, ew.

hgtiger32
11-30-2011, 03:04 AM
Can you imagine Westbrook getting into it with KG and Pierce?

dodie53
11-30-2011, 03:05 AM
maybe subtract perkins from the equation

Miami Heat
11-30-2011, 03:14 AM
lol

Thunder's response: not sure if serious

Sactown
11-30-2011, 03:21 AM
lol

Thunder's response: not sure if serious

Wondering what Danny Ainge was thinking on this one

PleaseBeNice
11-30-2011, 03:21 AM
^ i like your name

D1JM
11-30-2011, 03:26 AM
like i said in the other thread it doesnt make sense. you cant trade for a player whom you traded in the same season i believe.

COOLbeans
11-30-2011, 03:37 AM
no they didnt. thats too good a trade for okc. perkins is a solid player, but rondo would be a better suited pg imo with durant. i dont see how they dont make the deal unless they dont want green.

bholly
11-30-2011, 03:44 AM
I call BS on this. No trades could have been made at the time and there wasn't a CBA. How can a trade proposal be made and accepted/declined when it's literally impossible to do so?

Yes they could, and yes there was. Both teams finished their seasons in May, and the CBA didn't expire until July 1st.

like i said in the other thread it doesnt make sense. you cant trade for a player whom you traded in the same season i believe.

This bit is true, though. Must've been discussing a future deal? Or maybe it isn't true.

D1JM
11-30-2011, 03:45 AM
Yes they could, and yes there was. Both teams finished their seasons in May, and the CBA didn't expire until July 1st.

i thought you couldnt trade for the player you traded within the same cba year?

bholly
11-30-2011, 03:49 AM
Haha, yeah, I saw your post after I posted the first bit and edited a response to that in.

D1JM
11-30-2011, 03:53 AM
i think its more espn trying to push rumors again. they been lacking a lot of attention lately that they are just typing away ********.

Evolution23
11-30-2011, 03:58 AM
In all honesty, Rondo is a better fit for the Thunder. Rondo will make Durants life so much easier and he won't jack up 20 shots a game shooting 42 percent. He has championship experience and plays excellent d. I wouldve jumped o nthe deal if I was the Thunder.

rapjuicer06
11-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Rondo
Harden
Durant
Green
Ibaka

Is scary in my opinion, defense and offense both distributed even in that line up

And Durant gets more shots (Westbrook gone)

I would have took it lol especially after giving Perkins that contract, ew.

I would've taken the deal too. In a heartbeat. Rondo + Durant would have been the perfect match, then get Green back as well? Would've been perfect

justinnum1
11-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Celtics are going backwards. That trade last season was the worst thing for that franchise...will set them back a few seasons.

tcav701
11-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Celtics are going backwards. That trade last season was the worst thing for that franchise...will set them back a few seasons.

Trading Perkins didnt set them back, it just kept them from winning another ring (potentialy).

Perkins contract isnt worth how much time he spends hurt, hes only good for about 24 mins a game going foward which isnt worth 12mil a year.

But you are right that they got nothing for him.

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Compete crap.

Anything Green can do, Durant does better, that's why he was expendable in the first place. WTH does OKC want back with Green?

Secondly OKC signed overweight (please spare me the health kick U-tube I'll trump you with drunk and disorderly) two bum knee no offense center signed to a $33.4M contract (the first real misstep that GM has made) to a team whose offense is about to retire and/or go into steep decline. Also, Perkins was pathetic in the playoffs in all 3 Series, DA should be happy he ditched him.

The fact that Westbrook irrespective of any other moves fits the Celts better then next 3 years then Rondo, and Rondo fits OKC better then Westbrook the next 3 years shouldn't be dismissed because of this ESPN trade computer deal proposed by Broussard.

justinnum1
11-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Trading Perkins didnt set them back, it just kept them from winning another ring (potentialy).

Perkins contract isnt worth how much time he spends hurt, hes only good for about 24 mins a game going foward which isnt worth 12mil a year.

12mil:confused: he doesn;t make 12mil per, he makes 8mil. and it owuld have been worth it for the celtics to keep him. They would have had last season and this season to legitimately contend.

BKLYNpigeon
11-30-2011, 10:02 AM
The trade probably worked on NBA 2k12 so Danny Ainge made a phone call. lol.

they shouldnt have traded Perkins in the first place... that move cost them the title or NBA Finals last season. Perkins trade effected everyone on that team and Green did do anything in the playoffs.

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 10:04 AM

Nonsense. Everybody that says that, thinks Perkins was the Perkins of '07-'10. He was pathetic with the Celts, and worse for OKC in particular worse in the playoffs, he got outplayed by everyone he played against in 3 Series straight.

Perkins couldn't be resigned by the Celts according to the rules in place last year, so instead of a bidding war, they dealt him. How did DA know that Rondo would act like a 7 year old girl that lost her dollie? How did he know that Krstic who played very well his first 10 games as a Celt would hurt his knee not once but twice? How did DA know that Doc would bury Green on the bench? (that he should have known from Doc's history). Even so, both of the new guys heavily outplayed the two guys that got dealt by WS/48 - with ease. Davis also porked out, and West, JO and other key bench guys were hurt. KG got older (esp in the playoffs when Bosh outplayed him overall) - you want to blame all that on dealing Perk???? Getting rid of Nate was addition by subtraction as well - what a stiff.

What would Perkins bring the Celtics in the future with the Allen and KG gone? Much needed offense? Hell no. Just OK rebounding, meh shot blocking (his average fell by 50% last year), no shooting other then put backs and elemental inside 5 foot stuff. He can't catch a pass. His lateral movement was shot last year too. How many guys of his weight with bad knees ever recover to their prime level and stay there for long? OKC will rue the day they signed him to that boat anchor contract.

tcav701
11-30-2011, 10:04 AM
12mil:confused: he doesn;t make 12mil per, he makes 8mil. and it owuld have been worth it for the celtics to keep him. They would have had last season and this season to legitimately contend.

They werent gonna resign him.

justinnum1
11-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Nonsense. Everybody that says that, thinks Perkins was the Perkins of '07-'10. He was pathetic with the Celts, and worse for OKC in particular worse in the playoffs, he got outplayed by everyone he played against in 3 Series straight.

Perkins couldn't be resigned by the Celts according to the rules in place last year, so instead of a bidding war, they dealt him. How did DA know that Rondo would act like a 7 year old girl that lost her dollie? How did he know that Krstic who played very well his first 10 games as a Celt would hurt his knee not once but twice? How did DA know that Doc would bury Green on the bench? (that he should have known from Doc's history). Even so, both of the new guys heavily outplayed the two guys that got dealt by WS/48 - with ease. Davis also porked out, and West, JO and other key bench guys were hurt. KG got older (esp in the playoffs when Bosh outplayed him overall) - you want to blame all that on dealing Perk???? Getting rid of Nate was addition by subtraction as well - what a stiff.

What would Perkins bring the Celtics in the future with the Allen and KG gone? Much needed offense? Hell no. Just OK rebounding, meh shot blocking (his average fell by 50% last year), no shooting other then put backs and elemental inside 5 foot stuff. He can't catch a pass. His lateral movement was shot last year too. How many guys of his weight with bad knees ever recover to their prime level and stay there for long? OKC will rue the day they signed him to that boat anchor contract.

:eyebrow: Perkins was injured last season and never 100%, listen i am happy to see him go from celtics, made you guys a much easier team to beat. Green is a joke. I hope you guys resign him;)

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 10:18 AM
they shouldnt have traded Perkins in the first place... that move cost them the title or NBA Finals last season. Perkins trade effected everyone on that team and Green did do anything in the playoffs.

Nonsense:

Rondo hurt several times in season and in playoffs
Shaq wasn't a factor after his early fine play (better then Perkins when Perkins was playing which wasn't often)
KG got old, and wasn't a big factor in the playoffs
JO, Daniels and West - three key pieces were hurt most of the year
Krstic played very well in Boston his first 10 games then hurt his knee not once but twice and only recovered to play well the last two games of the Heat series
Green was buried on the bench behind Davis who fell apart after Christmas
Rondo went in the toilet after the deal for most of the rest of the season, what a baby.

You people that didn't watch much of the Celtics assume Perkins was the Perkins of '07-'10. He wasn't. His lateral mobility was shot, he couldn't jump (blocks down 50%), heck he only played 12 of the first 55 games of the season, and Shaq, JO, Krstic all outplayed him. What sort of impact is that compared to all the rest? Then Perkins only played 17 of the 27 games he could have for OKC regular season, and then posted on miserable playoff series after another. I watched every one of those games, and he was plain awful, even defensively.

The Celts had no chance to win the title with those injuries and having Perkins & Nate around instead of Green and Krstic would have helped not at all. Never have gotten by the heat.

Rethink it guys. Perkins who couldn't have been signed by the Celts was overpaid by OKC ($33.4M), Nate is garbage. We've got Green as a S&T trade chip or player, AND a nice #1 pick.

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM

You were doing great... and then....

Celts got part of the season of Krstic and Green, plus Green as a S&T or sign to play option, and a #1 pick in 2012 that should be mid teens.

tcav701
11-30-2011, 10:27 AM
You were doing great... and then....

Celts got part of the season of Krstic and Green, plus Green as a S&T or sign to play option, and a #1 pick in 2012 that should be mid teens.

Correct.

But that remains to be seen. Unless they get some good out of Green and that pick, they got nothing.

magichatnumber9
11-30-2011, 10:28 AM
OKC would be amazing with Rondo

daleja424
11-30-2011, 10:28 AM
LMAO. That isn't even CLOSE. Westbrook has way more value than Rondo. Perkinshas way more value than Green. Is Boston serious with this offer???

Carey
11-30-2011, 10:37 AM
I dont buy this trade nor do i think if it was really proposed that Presti would think twice about this deal. I dont see any major trades, signings, etc. from the Thunder. It's really all about signing Westbrook to an extension this year and Ibaka and Harden next year. We are in excellent position to do that. To those that feel Rondo is a better fit may be right but when you factor in Harden's inevitable move to the starting lineup this year it makes our backcourt interchangeable. Both guys can play on and off the ball, Harden is an excellent pick and roll player and passer and with the lesser need for Westbrook to score he'll distribute more, his shot volume last year was a product of playing in a starting 5 w/3 non offensive players.

daleja424
11-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Also, Boston is the desperate one here. They are not the ones in the position to be offering up unbalanced deals. Teams know they want to ditch Rondo and want to retool for a run... so they have lost the leverage to win any trade. Best they can hope for now is to break even in a trade IMO. These deals for Westbrook/Paul are humorous.

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 10:42 AM
LMAO. That isn't even CLOSE. Westbrook has way more value than Rondo. Perkinshas way more value than Green. Is Boston serious with this offer???

There was no offer, it's baloney. OKC doesn't need Green it has Durant who is better in all ways. DA was able to get rid of Perkins and OKC bit and overpaid a guy that is boat anchor, there is nothing to this rumor.

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Correct.

But that remains to be seen. Unless they get some good out of Green and that pick, they got nothing.

They are going to hit on something out of those two resources, and ducking a contract for Perkins is a win in itself.

Baller1
11-30-2011, 06:15 PM
There was no offer, it's baloney. OKC doesn't need Green it has Durant who is better in all ways. DA was able to get rid of Perkins and OKC bit and overpaid a guy that is boat anchor, there is nothing to this rumor.

Perkins had to have ****ed someone close to you, because you talk about the guy like he's pure scum.

hugepatsfan
11-30-2011, 06:25 PM

Green is clearly the more valuable player between he and Perkins. He's currently better, has more room to grow, is a MUCH better health bet, is younger, will probably sign for less money than Perk got.

For OKC I agree Perk is the better piece. But any GM building a team would choose Green over Perk from scratch.

I agree w/ you that Westbrook is more valuable than Rondo, but I wouldn't make this deal as a BOS fan. If OKC called me up and offered this I'd hang up the phone. Makes us worse currently (Westbrook is not a good fit on this team) and for the future (Perk's contract is a hinderance to a rebuilding team).

YungDaSensai
11-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Wondering what Danny Ainge was thinking on this one

Hahaha he wanted a Do over :D

Hangtime
11-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Sounds like some made up BS to me. Boston wasn't gonna dish out a big contract to Perk. Which is why I think they traded him in the first place especially after the knee injury. And now they wanted him back? BS

beasted86
11-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Thunders response "No trade backs *****"

:laugh2: :clap:

LA_Raiders
11-30-2011, 09:28 PM
lol, I feel sorry for Rondo, if they cant trade him, its going to be akward to be around the team...

bagwell368
11-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Perkins had to have ****ed someone close to you, because you talk about the guy like he's pure scum.

Perkins is a role playing starter. He had a fine run between 2007-2010. He was junk before KG came on board. He hurt his knees and was rotten last year. For whatever reason people all over the web and the media think Ainge traded the 2007-2010 version of Perkins, nor did they take into consideration the fact the Celts couldn't offer him more then $22M for an extension last year - which he refused. OKC ponied up Green whom they actually needed to get rid of for the good of the rotation as well as Krstic and the gem of the deal a mid range #1 pick. If the Celts didn't make the deal, they get 29 regular season games and an awful playoff run out of Perkins, and a small handful of games from the pathetic Nate, and then be prepared to win a bidding war for a heavy and bum kneed Perkins - oh good idea.... Perkins in board wasn't enough to make them win the title in light of the all the injuries they had. Look at how pathetic he was in the OKC playoffs.

I don't hate the man, I'm just shocked that so many people have an opinion w/o actually thinking it all out. Knee JERK opinions usually are.

KnicksR4Real
11-30-2011, 09:39 PM
I would take if I were the Thunder.

SeoulBeatz
11-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Damn Rondo would be a much better fit with Durant and Harden than Westbrook, Big Perk obviously misses home, this trade makes too much sense. But i doubt its validity.

hugepatsfan
11-30-2011, 09:59 PM
I would take if I were the Thunder.

I wouldn't. Perk is more valuable to them because of their specific needs. I think Green is easily the better player between the 2 of them as a start from scratch piece, but OKC is almost done - they're looking for SPECIFIC pieces. I like Perk for them.

I think Westbrook for Rondo is an interesting idea in theory. Rondo isn't as good as Westbrook, so that's just the foundation of a potential deal, not the whole thing. IDK if something could be worked out. Westbrook seemed to have trouble meshing w/ all the other scorers on OKC at the end of last year. Rondo obviously wouldn't. Depending on what they got back w/ Rondo, I'd consider that.

As a BOS fan, I don't like a Rondo-Westbrook swap because I think it leaves us in the same position. We'd have one guyto build around for the future, but that one guy wouldn't be a legitimate franchise player. I'd rather just hold onto Rondo and whatever else we'd have to give up.

Baller1
12-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Perkins is a role playing starter. He had a fine run between 2007-2010. He was junk before KG came on board. He hurt his knees and was rotten last year. For whatever reason people all over the web and the media think Ainge traded the 2007-2010 version of Perkins, nor did they take into consideration the fact the Celts couldn't offer him more then $22M for an extension last year - which he refused. OKC ponied up Green whom they actually needed to get rid of for the good of the rotation as well as Krstic and the gem of the deal a mid range #1 pick. If the Celts didn't make the deal, they get 29 regular season games and an awful playoff run out of Perkins, and a small handful of games from the pathetic Nate, and then be prepared to win a bidding war for a heavy and bum kneed Perkins - oh good idea.... Perkins in board wasn't enough to make them win the title in light of the all the injuries they had. Look at how pathetic he was in the OKC playoffs.

I don't hate the man, I'm just shocked that so many people have an opinion w/o actually thinking it all out. Knee JERK opinions usually are.

I agree with you that he was pretty horrible last year, but HE knew it. He admitted to it. He understood that he was terrible.

But, he sped up Ibaka's development by two years, added some attitude and swagger to the entire team, and has been working his *** off this offseason.

I can understand your feelings toward him, considering how bad he's been since his injury. And you're right in the fact that we have no reason to believe he'll bounce back... But, I think he deserves at least this season to prove whether or not he can return to his youthful form.