PDA

View Full Version : Report: Nene will not return to Nuggets

Fresno
11-29-2011, 03:52 PM
One of the surest bets of the soon-to-begin 2011 NBA free-agent period is that Nene wants out of Denver. Where he winds up, and how, will be among the most intriguing storylines when the floodgates open around Dec. 9.

The Nuggets are operating under the firm belief that Nene will test the market as an unrestricted free agent, according to a person familiar with the team's thinking. Six teams have registered interest, the source said: Golden State, New Jersey, Indiana, Miami, Dallas and Houston.

Nene, the top unrestricted free agent on the market in the view of many team executives, will have a say over where he winds up -- though not as much as free agents did under the previous system since free agents can no longer get max deals when leaving their teams via sign-and-trades.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/33584531

I saw this coming when he couldn't get an extension from the Nuggets and opted out of his deal.

This is a good thing for the Nuggets as signing a 29 year old Nene, who is at best a 3rd option, to a contract at nearly $14 Million per year would be a move that sets them back for their future.

Nuggets should look to "tank" this season while keeping their young core group of Lawson, Gallo, Chandler, Hamilton, & Faried. They drafted 2 NBA ready rookies who will be productive for them, and maybe in the 2012 Draft they can pick up a "star".

GodsSon
11-29-2011, 03:54 PM
I think he'd look good next to Hibbert in Indy

Chi StateOfMind
11-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Saw this coming. Nene is a top free agent this offseason.

J4KOP99
11-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Here comes all of the Knicks fans...

silverbax
11-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Not just a top free agent. The top free agent.

Jag4444
11-29-2011, 04:00 PM
I think he'd look good next to Hibbert in Indy

I like the sound of that

Avenged
11-29-2011, 04:00 PM
He'd fit in perfectly with Miami

DMasta718
11-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Nene would fit nicely on Indy or Nets.

Fresno
11-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Not just a top free agent. The top free agent.

Agreed.

I think he will end up in Golden State.

Their owners claim to have deep pockets and are willing to build a winner, so I could see the scenario of Biedrins being amnestied considering how bad he has played.

Imagine a lineup of: Curry-Monta-Wright-Lee-Nene

David Lee & Nene down low would be a very good tandem.

Lee's rebounding & hustle will allow Nene to focus more on his defense.

sixer04fan
11-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Of course he wants our of Denver. All of his teammates are stuck in China for the rest of the season.

llemon
11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/33584531

I saw this coming when he couldn't get an extension from the Nuggets and opted out of his deal.

This is a good thing for the Nuggets as signing a 29 year old Nene, who is at best a 3rd option, to a contract at nearly $14 Million per year would be a move that sets them back for their future.

Nuggets wanted to extend Nene, and he refused.

nate2usmc
11-29-2011, 04:09 PM
of course he wants our of denver. All of his teammates are stuck in china for the rest of the season.

lmao

Ebbs
11-29-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't want him in Dallas weird were apparently interested.

I feel he will go to Miami which scares me but I think he'd be a good fit in Boston too.

thekmp211
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM
denver still has a nice young core, but it lost a lot of it's depth and flexibility due to the circumstances of the lockout. they were really the only team to get screwed over by intenational defection. sucks.

i mean this in the sense that i think roster changes played a part in nene's decision.

he's a good fit anywhere. not many teams that couldn't use an athletic seven footer with two way skills.

SteBO
11-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Not a shocker, and he'd fit great with Heat but I don't see that happening unless Riley comes up with something genius, which is what he's known for anyway. We'll see, but as far as fitting well with a team and getting his money, Indy is a great option for him.

THE_FLASH_21
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM

:clap: Hahahha that's funny... All they can do is dream of getting him.

iggypop123
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM

I feel he will go to Miami which scares me but I think he'd be a good fit in Boston too.

mavs backup plan if they lose chandler. the kings hvae a ton of caproom and have been rumored to like him. they also need to spend that cap room, its league mandated now. at least 18 million worth.

daleja424
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Only one team on that list will compete for a title and doesnt already have a center...

come on down Nene... south beach awaits.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM

He was already a knick for 30 seconds we'd much rather wait for Kevin Love.:rolleyes:

Dade County
11-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Only one team on that list will compete for a title and doesnt already have a center...

come on down Nene... south beach awaits. :) :D :clap: :cheers: :hi5:

Fresno
11-29-2011, 04:27 PM

How does Riley do it? Denver would have to take back some of those contracts(Miller & Haslem), but they are longterm deals.

If Nene somehow joins the Heat, I can honestly say I will hate the Heat even more.

Slimsim
11-29-2011, 04:28 PM
dam who would denver have this season

Sadds The Gr8
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
he'd look great in a Raptors uniform

5ass
11-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Okc

chicago lulz
Of course he wants our of Denver. All of his teammates are stuck in China for the rest of the season.

****ing lol'd

Fresno
mavs backup plan if they lose chandler. the kings hvae a ton of caproom and have been rumored to like him. they also need to spend that cap room, its league mandated now. at least 18 million worth.

The Kings need a SF.

Wilson Chandler?

daleja424
11-29-2011, 04:33 PM
How does Riley do it? Denver would have to take back some of those contracts(Miller & Haslem), but they are longterm deals.

If Nene somehow joins the Heat, I can honestly say I will hate the Heat even more.

Would have to be a S/T involving two of these three players= Haslem, Miller, Joel Anthony.

Obvously this is super lopsided... but if he is going to walk anyways...maybe denver would rather get miller and a replacement bigman than nothing.

topdog
11-29-2011, 04:33 PM

But money $$$ doesn't... I don't see him going to Miami because he's going to get paid. That would be a major coup though.

daleja424
11-29-2011, 04:35 PM
But money $$$ doesn't... I don't see him going to Miami because he's going to get paid. That would be a major coup though.

could still make a ton of money if it was via a S/T...

(plus remember the new 150% trade rule)

Miami could actually offer Nene the max theorectically...

Miller+Haslem+ANthony (12.78 mil) x 150% = 19.2 million..

*** This is not entirely true... but I am just pointing out that money probably won't be the biggest hurdle... getting Denver to agree will be.

nycericanguy
11-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Would have to be a S/T involving two of these three players= Haslem, Miller, Joel Anthony.

Obvously this is super lopsided... but if he is going to walk anyways...maybe denver would rather get miller and a replacement bigman than nothing.

ouch that would be real effed up after Haslem gave MIA that big hometown discount.

Lloyd Christmas
11-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Please Warriors. Make this happen.

GhostfaceDrilla
11-29-2011, 04:41 PM

So the team that won the championship by beating your team won't compete this season?

I bet he just takes who offer's him the most money. No contending discount.

daleja424
11-29-2011, 04:43 PM
So the team that won the championship by beating your team won't compete this season?

learn how to read an entire sentence buddy...

daleja424
11-29-2011, 04:43 PM
anyways... I am not at all saying I belive Nene will be going to miami... just saying there is a way to make the $$ work. Obviously I would be completely suprised if Denver actually went along with it.

Jint.
11-29-2011, 04:44 PM
go anywhere but Miami.

Fresno
11-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Wow, I almost forgot Afflalo.

Denver's core is basically Lawson/Afflalo/Chandler/Gallo/Faried/Hamilton.

Each guy is 25 and under.

All they are missing is a "star" player.
But they shouldn't pay Nene $14 Million per year to be that "star".

Baller1
11-29-2011, 04:49 PM
In one year, our division has gone from arguably the toughest division in the league, to one of the worst.

OKC is going to feast on division opponents this season.

RevisIsland
11-29-2011, 04:49 PM
I think he ends up staying, I don't trust this report.

Dade County
11-29-2011, 04:53 PM

He may be thinking that right now... but Pat will change is mind.

go anywhere but Miami.

Why Not?... What's wrong with the HEAT getting free-agents.

sep11ie
11-29-2011, 04:54 PM
He'd look good in Houston, I just don't want him here.

DLeeicious
11-29-2011, 04:55 PM

Afflalo is going to the Bulls :D

Hawkeye15
11-29-2011, 04:55 PM
my bet is he winds up in Golden State or Houston.

LayZbone
11-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Hypothetically, and I know Pat Riley is at least mulling this over, we could trade Miller & Haslem for Nene. Getting quality rotation players in return is better than nothing. And yeah, they have long term deals, but Haslem's is super affordable. Denver actually tried to sign him last year to the full MLE, but Haslem took a paycut to stay in his hometown. That's the biggest reason why I'm 100% against doing this. But if Riley was cold-blooded enough to pull the trigger, it could be a nice deal for Denver, who lost a lot of their rotation guys to China.

Using the 150% rule:

Miller (5.4 mil) + Haslem (3.78 mil) = 9.18 mil

S&T for

Nene (up to 13.77 mil) <- that may put us in the lux tax, so idk if its possible. Nene might have to accept about 10 mil if he wants to play here.

I'd love it if they'd take Joel Anthony or Dexter Pittman instead of UD, but now I'm dreaming.

Best bet for Miami would probably be to keep Miller and Haslem off the bench and sign Sammy D to the MLE. Or amnesty Miller to make room for multiple vet min guys-> Redd, Hill, etc.

PacersForLife
11-29-2011, 05:15 PM
My bet is he winds up here in Indiana or on the Nets. We, along with the Nets have the most cap room to spend this off-season and are both in need of a legit PF/C and yes he would look great next to Roy Hibbert down low. I think it will come down to a bidding match between the two teams.

JEDean89
11-29-2011, 05:26 PM
as a knicks/nuggets fan i am not at all sad to see him go. nene is a typic don't judge a book by it's cover case, and the fact that at 6' 11" and 260 pounds the dude still averages as many rebounds as melo. he is weak when attacking the basket offing missing open layups when he could easily dunk it. he is also not a very good defender in the paint averaging just 1 block per game. He is very efficient on offense but for 14 million+ a year, no team will be a true contender with him on the team. Indiana and Golden States are good fits, but does anyone think that nene will take those teams deep in the playoffs, when he couldn't do it in denver with melo? nene is upset because denver wouldn't extend him until we had made the melo trade so that we could assess if we should go into rebuilding or not. An extension offer was made at around 12 mil a year but he declined and opted out. Hopefully the nuggs can still get some trade value out of him. But for those of you crossing your fingers for this dude, look at david west a true PF who is a better scorer and rebounder. He isn't as soft and is a much better player.

JEDean89
11-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Dwight Howard for an extra few million over nene, that's what the lockout was about, teams hindering themselves by overspending on pretty-good talent. whoever signs nene will be looking at as the same as all the current elton brandish contracts.

homestarunner93
11-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm sure BB41 is angry...

sintaks12
11-29-2011, 05:38 PM

:clap: Hahahha that's funny... All they can do is dream of getting him.
Dream? Knick fans could care less about Nene. Sorry to burst your bubble dude.

The_Jamal
11-29-2011, 05:42 PM

:laugh:

Muttman73
11-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Everybody knows that "any" FA worth having is going to Miami or NY

jkiddvc20
11-29-2011, 06:23 PM
I am one of the few Net fans who does not want Nene on the Nets. I dont know what it is but I just do not see him being a real fit on the Nets. I would rather we save the money and resign Hump on the cheap.

kntresistheheat
11-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I really don't want him and I don't think we can get him, but if he comes I will welcome him with open arms. :)

Punk
11-29-2011, 06:30 PM
We don't want Nene. If he said he wanted to come then we'll welcome him but karma strikes again, anyone remember the cocky Denver fans? Yeah, that's what happens.

Stay humble. Good things happen.

lavilevi23
11-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Miami Bound :cool:

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 06:42 PM
I really don't want him and I don't think we can get him, but if he comes I will welcome him with open arms. :)

Pretty much this, mainly because to get him i think haslem would have to go, and thats not an option hopefully.

THE GIPPER
11-29-2011, 06:47 PM
We don't want Nene. If he said he wanted to come then we'll welcome him but karma strikes again, anyone remember the cocky Denver fans? Yeah, that's what happens.

Stay humble. Good things happen.

:confused:

GoPacers33
11-29-2011, 06:50 PM
I like the sound of that

me to

sep11ie
11-29-2011, 06:57 PM
My lord, heat fans are delusional.

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-29-2011, 07:02 PM
:drool:

Please com come to Miami

mdm692
11-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Nash is going to miami along with nene

Cp3 and D12 are going to NYK

There happy now everybody stfu with MIA and NYK.

Evolution23
11-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Not a shocker, and he'd fit great with Heat but I don't see that happening unless Riley comes up with something genius, which is what he's known for anyway. We'll see, but as far as fitting well with a team and getting his money, Indy is a great option for him.

Only way he goes to the Heat is if he takes a major pay cut and wants to win a ring.

SteBO
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Only way he goes to the Heat is if he takes a major pay cut and wants to win a ring.
Nene's already stated that money isn't an overriding factor for him, but that's kinda easy for him to say now. Wait until he gets offered over $15 million, and we'll see if he still feels that way......Not trying to be a downer, but it's just so easy for Nene to say something like that now. I guess I just can't see him turning down big money, especially when he's 29 years old and this will be his last lucrative deal.....

ClippersE.G
11-29-2011, 07:40 PM
the guy scores, has nice touch..a decent J for a big..rebounds, blocks shots...he is everything you want in a Center. Hope he goes to the Knicks...he is exactly what they need

ODdFUTUrE49
11-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Come to the Warriors Nene!!

lavilevi23
11-29-2011, 08:02 PM
if he wants money he'll stay with the nuggets or go to houston

llemon
11-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Nash is going to miami along with nene

Cp3 and D12 are going to NYK

There happy now everybody stfu with MIA and NYK.

And the NBA community shouts 'HURRAH'!!!!!!!

Now, explain how those things happen.

daleja424
11-29-2011, 08:05 PM
If I was the Knicks I would think about trading Amare for Nene and a young player... which would leave them room to sign Chris paul next summer.

Sportfan
11-29-2011, 08:14 PM

He would be great for the Celtics, we don't have the funds for him though, and i doubt DEN wants Green if we're talking S&T.

they can have big baby for him!

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 08:23 PM

You are maxed out with negative money,,explain

LayZbone
11-29-2011, 08:26 PM
You are maxed out with negative money,,explain

it's already been explained (however unlikely). read the thread.

mikeman0000
11-29-2011, 08:31 PM
He'd be an amazing fit in Miami...but if this is his first chance at a "big payday" would he take less to go there?

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 08:34 PM
If I was the Knicks I would think about trading Amare for Nene and a young player... which would leave them room to sign Chris paul next summer.

Amare is in his prime, Plays all the time and is three times the player Nene ever will be, Why would NY even consider this. Stupid.
Knicks need to hold the line and let the season play out. A healthy Chauncy Billups is an all star PG. Everyone seems to pass over that fact. CP3 would be awesome but it wont happen. Knicks are in such a great spot, wait til the summer and the world is our oyster. So much Money and it does not have to be a Max contract. MLE and an almost Max, Knicks will be SICK. Shumpert, Fields, Douglas, Harrelson here to stay. Just be patient.

The Flash

Amare to Denver for Nene and Galinari...

justinnum1
He'd be an amazing fit in Miami...but if this is his first chance at a "big payday" would he take less to go there?

He was making 10+mil last season...

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 08:36 PM

Take less? He would have to take 10% of what he is worth. Not happening. No one is that stupid. Maybe the top six free agents will all take the minimum so they can go to Miami and help leBron not choke away a championship.

Lord Leoshes
11-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Only way i would want him down here in Miami is if he excepts the Mid, or DEN take a package of Miller, Joel, Pitman, & our 2012 1st.
If it takes more then that then i rather we just sign Dalembert to the mid.

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 08:38 PM
it's already been explained (however unlikely). read the thread.

I did, it's unrealistic and stupid. A guy seeking 14-15 million per year for multiple years is not signing in Miami without wade, Bosh or LeBron leaving. It is imposssible and cant happen no matter what mystical alternate universe you dwell in. Just plain silly this idea is.

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Take less? He would have to take 10% of what he is worth. Not happening. No one is that stupid. Maybe the top six free agents will all take the minimum so they can go to Miami and help leBron not choke away a championship.

Are we making stuff up now? If he were to come here as a FA, we could offer him 20mil...he could probably make 60 as a nugget, or denver can S&T nene to us if he makes that demand. Keep on hating bro :facepalm:

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Only way i would want him down here in Miami is if he excepts the Mid, or DEN take a package of Miller, Joel, & our 2012 1st.
If it takes more then that then i rather we just sign Dalembert to the mid.

The salaries dont match up. The new CBA will not allow it. Abd delembert is going to get alot more than the MLE. Look around, there are teams with money to spend.....Maybe Yi will sign for the MLE but Dalembert no way.

daleja424
11-29-2011, 08:45 PM
The salaries dont match up. The new CBA will not allow it. Abd delembert is going to get alot more than the MLE. Look around, there are teams with money to spend.....Maybe Yi will sign for the MLE but Dalembert no way.

Wrong. The new CBA is allowing 150% in trades for teams below the tax (which miami is)

Means that Miami could potentially offer anything Nene wants if they are willing to trade multiple players to get it done.

Now I dont see that happening... I think Miami wouldn't make the trade if it meant trading half the team...

but please do not spout off about how we are wrong when you are in fact the one who is incorrect.

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Are we making stuff up now? If he were to come here as a FA, we could offer him 20mil...he could probably make 60 as a nugget, or denver can S&T nene to us if he makes that demand. Keep on hating bro :facepalm:

First of all find a post where I am hating the heat. I am just stating the facts. I also stated that CP3 wont be a Knick and i am a knicks fan. You have to be realistic here and your not. Nene to the heat is a pipe dream in the worst way. You are simply dreaming the impossible.
Why Dont Reyes Pujols Fielder, and wilson all sign with the marlins for 1 million a piece so they can play in a new stadium? Nice thought but that is a pipe dream
Be real

Tony_Starks
11-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Nene is a career underachiever, Denver should let him walk. On a team where his production doesn't matter he will probably play like a allstar but he's definitely not a player you can depend on or build around......

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Wrong. The new CBA is allowing 150% in trades for teams below the tax (which miami is)

Means that Miami could potentially offer anything Nene wants if they are willing to trade multiple players to get it done.

Now I dont see that happening... I think Miami wouldn't make the trade if it meant trading half the team...

but please do not spout off about how we are wrong when you are in fact the one who is incorrect.

So why cant the Knicks trade for dwight Howard or CP3 right now? They are below the tax threshold as well. You are wrong. Read it again, you are sorely mistaken.
Why stop with Nene? Go for Dwight Howard. You are so far off the truth you have no idea.

BallIsAll
11-29-2011, 08:51 PM
nene for bosh?

justinnum1
First of all find a post where I am hating the heat. I am just stating the facts. I also stated that CP3 wont be a Knick and i am a knicks fan. You have to be realistic here and your not. Nene to the heat is a pipe dream in the worst way. You are simply dreaming the impossible.
Why Dont Reyes Pujols Fielder, and wilson all sign with the marlins for 1 million a piece so they can play in a new stadium? Nice thought but that is a pipe dream
Be real

No ***** a dream scenario. But with denvers's lack of wings and the new cba(150% trade rule) we can get nene on a S&T and offer him about 8-10 mil per.

daleja424
they could trade for CP3... problem is that the league is not interested in being the one that trades CP3 out of NO.

I dont need to read it again. I have a firm grasp on this cba and you are wrong.

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 08:52 PM
nene for bosh?

Nene and lawson for bosh, sure.

Lord Leoshes
11-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Dalembert wouldn't say he would agree to that. But he did say "what is best for you might not be for the most money." And he definitely likes the Heat.

"I'm keeping all my options open, but Miami could be a good fit for me," Dalembert said.

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/11/27/1 ... eedID=3720

daleja424
11-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Just for fun...

nder the old labor agreement, the salaries of the traded players had to be within 125 percent (plus 100K) of each other. That will remain the case for taxpaying teams, but the new agreement also makes it muuuuch easier for non-tax teams to swing uneven trades. For those teams, it is 150 percent (plus 100K) of the salaries being traded, or the 100 percent of the salaries being traded plus $5 million. The limit on the amount of cash that can be included in a trade remains $3 million — but teams are now limited to trading $3 million in cash per season. So you can’t just dump $3 million into every trade as you could in the past.
Chris Sheridan
http://sheridanhoops.com/2011/11/28/two-new-trade-rules-in-the-new-cba/

You know better than Chris Sheridan as well bud? :facepalm:

UPRock
11-29-2011, 08:54 PM
A Pacers team with him is dangerous. Collison/George/Granger/Nene/Hibbert.

Stack_NJNets
11-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Nets are gonna give him an offer he can't refuse, but Im still not confident. I say he ends up in MIA.

Tony_Starks
11-29-2011, 08:59 PM
nene for bosh?

Im not a Bosh fan at all but I way take him over Nene ANY day of the week. Bosh has already proved he can still be effective as the third wheel and is playoff proven. Nene usually disappears in the playoffs......

BallIsAll
11-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Nene and lawson for bosh, sure.

nene and miller for bosh, theres no way they can get lawson.

Lord Leoshes
11-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Nets are gonna give him an offer he can't refuse, but Im still not confident. I say he ends up in MIA.

Save your money for Howard next year.

Mudvayne91
11-29-2011, 09:06 PM
He's probably one of the biggest underachievers in the game. He's a good player, but I don't think 14.5 and 7.6 last year warrants the type of $ he wants. Let someone else take him longterm. At 29 and playing as long in the NBA as he has, at some point high potential needs to turn into results.

        
11-29-2011, 09:07 PM
:burn:

Duddy
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Amare is in his prime, Plays all the time and is three times the player Nene ever will be, Why would NY even consider this. Stupid.
Knicks need to hold the line and let the season play out. A healthy Chauncy Billups is an all star PG. Everyone seems to pass over that fact. CP3 would be awesome but it wont happen. Knicks are in such a great spot, wait til the summer and the world is our oyster. So much Money and it does not have to be a Max contract. MLE and an almost Max, Knicks will be SICK. Shumpert, Fields, Douglas, Harrelson here to stay. Just be patient.

slow down with the superstars bro

Knicks21
11-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Houston is realistic.

BallIsAll
11-29-2011, 09:33 PM
nene and miller for bosh.

smith&wesson
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
their really arent that many good C's in the league.

almost every team will try to atain nene! acept for the 5 teams that have good C's already.

KnicksR4Real
11-29-2011, 09:45 PM
It's a toss up where he would go. I can see New Jersey paying him alot. Maybe they use him to get D12? My guess is New Jersey.

BKLYNpigeon
11-29-2011, 09:55 PM
How the hell is Nene going to end up with Miami?

I dont think they have 14 million dollars to spare.

onlythisfar41
11-29-2011, 09:59 PM

Why would we want him?

The money he would command would kill any chance of us getting the bigger players we hope to get.

Dade County
11-29-2011, 10:09 PM
How the hell is Nene going to end up with Miami?

I dont think they have 14 million dollars to spare.

DisCounted :D!!!!!!!!!!

get ready for the show (when free agency starts)

Remember, direct your anger towards Pat ... I have nothing to do with it, all I do is sit back and enjoy it.

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 10:10 PM
No ***** a dream scenario. But with denvers's lack of wings and the new cba(150% trade rule) we can get nene on a S&T and offer him about 8-10 mil per.

First off, 8-10 million aint gonna work. Believe that it will and your dreaming. Second who do you think denver wants from your scrap heap of useless veterans to match his trade value? They are rebuilding they dont want your garbage.

LA_Raiders
11-29-2011, 10:11 PM
I can see him landing at the clippers or rockets

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 10:12 PM
nene for bosh?

Now that would work.

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 10:12 PM
nene and miller for bosh.

lawson and nene for chalmers and bosh

daleja424
11-29-2011, 10:14 PM
First off, 8-10 million aint gonna work. Believe that it will and your dreaming. Second who do you think denver wants from your scrap heap of useless veterans to match his trade value? They are rebuilding they dont want your garbage.

HEAT fans know that!

All we are telling you is that it can be worked out financially.

Obviously it is a HUGE LONGSHOT b/c no matter what happens, we would need Denver's help...

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
they could trade for CP3... problem is that the league is not interested in being the one that trades CP3 out of NO.

I dont need to read it again. I have a firm grasp on this cba and you are wrong.

Really so who exactly do the Knicks have to trade for arguably the best PG in the NBA? Fields? Walker? Jordan? N way that happens. It's called reality something you seem to have no grasp on. The Heat have ZERO leverage without trading one of the big 3.
You are so misunderstanding the new CBA. If it were the way you explain, every team in the NBA would be signing whomever they want with or without a S&T

daleja424
11-29-2011, 10:20 PM
LMAO. I know exactly what I am talking about. I can provide 5 links to anything I have said. If you look back a couple pages you will see where I already proved you wrong once.

But by all means...continue to put your foot in your mouth.

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 10:24 PM
HEAT fans know that!

All we are telling you is that it can be worked out financially.

Obviously it is a HUGE LONGSHOT b/c no matter what happens, we would need Denver's help...

Impossible=HUGE LONGSHOT

TomahawkChop 10
11-29-2011, 10:24 PM
There is a certain team that wouldn't mind him taking his talents to the ATL. In need of a legit center.
PG-Teague/Hinrich
SG-JJ
SF-JSmoove
PF-Horford
C-Nene

BallIsAll
11-29-2011, 10:26 PM
lawson and nene for chalmers and bosh

maybe nene and lawson for dwade but def not for bosh

nene miller and birdman for bosh and bibby

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 10:26 PM
LMAO. I know exactly what I am talking about. I can provide 5 links to anything I have said. If you look back a couple pages you will see where I already proved you wrong once.

But by all means...continue to put your foot in your mouth.

Tell you what Cap GURU I'll just wait and see the Allstars that sign with the Heat or are traded to the heat in the weeks following Dec 9th. I'm sure with your version of Capology 101 that Kobe, Nene, Deron, Dwight and delembert will all be Miami Heat by dec 15th and the big three will still be there and you will still have 44 million in Capspace left over.

bbcmillionaire
11-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Nene and duncan? Hmmm

daleja424
11-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Tell you what Cap GURU I'll just wait and see the Allstars that sign with the Heat or are traded to the heat in the weeks following Dec 9th. I'm sure with your version of Capology 101 that Kobe, Nene, Deron, Dwight and delembert will all be Miami Heat by dec 15th and the big three will still be there and you will still have 44 million in Capspace left over.

For the 15th time. I do not believe Nene will be with the HEAT...but the money can be worked out. That is a FACT. Get over it.

and I have not spoken once about the HEAT having capspace. The HEAT are 10 million over the cap as we speak. but b/c of relaxed trade rules for non tax teams, a S/T could make FINANCIAL SENSE.

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 10:30 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 10:31 PM
IND and NJ will drive his price up big time and i hate it cuz i dont think hes worth more that 12 mill per

76erEaglePhils
11-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Get out of Denver while you can that team is headed for the gutter.

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 10:33 PM
For the 15th time. I do not believe Nene will be with the HEAT...but the money can be worked out. That is a FACT. Get over it.

and I have not spoken once about the HEAT having capspace. The HEAT are 10 million over the cap as we speak. but b/c of relaxed trade rules for non tax teams, a S/T could make FINANCIAL SENSE.

So it WILL happen with Riley at the helm,If it's a FACT Magic Wizard Pat Riley will make it so. I mean they are not saving anything for next year or the next 4-5 years so with all the extra trade perks you so clearly believe exist, and the fact that everyone wants to play in miami, I know something BIG will happen. I look forward to eating my Foot. We shall see.

Mudvayne91
11-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Get out of Denver while you can that team is headed for the gutter.

Fairly certain they have the most cap space and have a fair amount of young talent. Don't really agree with that.

Rocco Gandolfo
11-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Denver is going to be just fine. They got alot of young talent in the melo trade draft picks galore and with a young core to start with, dont worry about the nuggets.

NBA_Starter
11-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Come on to Miami :pray:

GeekInThePink
11-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Please don't sign with the Heat!

Sadds The Gr8
11-30-2011, 12:09 AM

looool

LayZbone
11-30-2011, 12:50 AM
So it WILL happen with Riley at the helm,If it's a FACT Magic Wizard Pat Riley will make it so. I mean they are not saving anything for next year or the next 4-5 years so with all the extra trade perks you so clearly believe exist, and the fact that everyone wants to play in miami, I know something BIG will happen. I look forward to eating my Foot. We shall see.

dude are you kidding me? What's so hard to understand? The 150% rule is in the new CBA. He's not making it up.

Non-taxpaying teams (based on their post-trade salary level) can acquire up to the lesser of 150 percent plus $100,000, or 100 percent plus $5 million of the salaries they trade away.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one

He's not saying it will happen, so I don't know why you keep suggesting he is. Why would Denver want to put the Heat in that awesome position? But financially, it 100% CAN HAPPEN as per the new CBA rules. This is a ****ing fact. Get it through your head. As long as the contracts we take back don't put us into the luxury tax, which we are currently not in. That means that if we offer Miller and Haslem (or Joel) for Nene, we can afford to pay him about 10 mil that 1st year. It's not going to happen. But it works financially. And that's not as big of a paycut then say...asking him to accept the MLE. So IF Nene wanted to take 4 mil less to play for a powerhouse, and the Nuggets were dumb or high enough on Mike Miller to S&T with us, it can happen....hypothetically. BUT IT PROBABLY WON'T.

The Heat's financial situation after that deal gets hypothetically done is irrelevant. We can still sign as many vet min players as we like, even if it puts us into the tax. And next year, we can use the 3 mil mini-MLE that tax-paying teams are allowed to use. Micky Arison is a very rich owner. He's gone on record saying he doesn't mind paying a little bit of tax if it means putting out a winning product.

TylerSL
11-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Boston, New Jersey, New York, Miami, and both teams from Los Angles will be trying to get him IMO. I would LOVE to see him in Miami, but I doubt he would actually take a full mid level. As much as I would love to see it, if he is turning down 14 million this year, why would he except 5 million/year (even if it was playing with Wade/Lebron/Bosh)?

LayZbone
11-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Boston, New Jersey, New York, Miami, and both teams from Los Angles will be trying to get him IMO. I would LOVE to see him in Miami, but I doubt he would actually take a full mid level. As much as I would love to see it, if he is turning down 14 million this year, why would he except 5 million/year (even if it was playing with Wade/Lebron/Bosh)?

He can still get big money if Denver accepts a sign and trade (unlikely). Nene for the MLE is out of the question though.

Mudvayne91
11-30-2011, 12:58 AM
I could be wrong, but he turned down a 11+ option and I think a 12 mill per year deal. He's looking for that 14-15 range, I believe. My updated NBA knowledge is fairly outdated, so don't quote me. Certain about the option though.

LayZbone
11-30-2011, 01:01 AM
I could be wrong, but he turned down a 11+ option and I think a 12 mill per year deal. He's looking for that 14-15 range, I believe. My updated NBA knowledge is fairly outdated, so don't quote me. Certain about the option though.

I think you're right. But that's from Denver. Would he accept less to play for a big market team? Wouldn't be the 1st time that's happened.

DenButsu
11-30-2011, 01:04 AM

If by "all", you mean "one", then yes.

The sourcing of this article is dubious, too. Berger doesn't even cite a vague "from within Nene's camp" source. Which does not necessarily mean it's false, bit it's questionable at best.

Mudvayne91
11-30-2011, 01:36 AM
I think you're right. But that's from Denver. Would he accept less to play for a big market team? Wouldn't be the 1st time that's happened.

I can't say it's out of the equation, but I do think he has the opportunity to make some serious $ this year as a top free agent when maybe in another year, he doesn't have the same value. Also, in recent months including today, Nene has expressed he hasn't felt appreciated. Nuggets have actually been good to Nene despite multiple injuries and the scary bout with cancer. I only see it as being appreciated meaning paid. But I will say the NBA has surprised me before, so who knows.

LayZbone
11-30-2011, 03:08 AM
I can't say it's out of the equation, but I do think he has the opportunity to make some serious $ this year as a top free agent when maybe in another year, he doesn't have the same value. Also, in recent months including today, Nene has expressed he hasn't felt appreciated. Nuggets have actually been good to Nene despite multiple injuries and the scary bout with cancer. I only see it as being appreciated meaning paid. But I will say the NBA has surprised me before, so who knows.

Yeah if he's looking for big $$$ this is the year to get it, Rashard Lewis-style.

abe_froman
11-30-2011, 03:11 AM
think houston will get him

Miami Heat
11-30-2011, 03:18 AM
as a Heat fan, I would take Dalembert over Nene since Heat need a good rebounder and defender, Nene is an below average/average rebounder and defender.

Sactown
11-30-2011, 03:27 AM
Not a big shocker, but I think some team is probably going to over pay for him unless you tries to go to a contender

BallIsAll
11-30-2011, 03:30 AM
this summarizes what i have said time and time again.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_19429618

IBleedPurple
11-30-2011, 07:09 AM

Agreed. Nene is solid, but he is wanting one last big contract and then he's going back to Brazil to run a church (seriously).

alencp3
11-30-2011, 08:05 AM
so what the hell are nuggets going to do? play with like 6 players from whom 4 are scrubs?

Davidgta1
11-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Boston or the heat

DenButsu
11-30-2011, 11:17 AM
so what the hell are nuggets going to do? play with like 6 players from whom 4 are scrubs?

Yes, the Nuggets are going to play 6 players. Exactly.

Chronz
11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Nugs are ****ed

daleja424
11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Hey Den,

What the Denver media saying about Nene?

Think he is gone?

Chronz
11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
LOL at people describing Nene as solid, Im pretty sure leading the league in efficiency is more than solid.

Captain Moroni
11-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Nene is goig to sign elsewhere for 10-12 million per

mgsports
11-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Orlando any one if he's willing to play PF.

BallIsAll
11-30-2011, 01:18 PM
hes signing with the nets, to lure dwight..

5ass
11-30-2011, 11:16 PM
OKC is the best fit IMO. theyre already 5 mill. below the cap and theyre buying out nate robinson. They can offer him a 9 mill/yr (for 3-4 yrs) and he will be playing for a contender, also
Westbrook
sefolosha/harden
Durant
Nene/ibaka
Perkins
best out west IMO.

OKC could really use the inside scoring, they have no1 for that

THE GIPPER
11-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Id take serge over nene any day

5ass
11-30-2011, 11:50 PM
a rotation of nene,ibaka and perkins is amazing especially considering perkins is injury prone.. Nene can play alongside ibaka too at times.

mightybosstone
12-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Great news for the Rockets. As much as I want Gasol, I'd still love to see Nene in Houston. He doesn't provide the shot blocking presence they need, but he's a big body in the paint they lack, they could do a lot worse defensively and the combined offensive efficiency of Nene and Martin would be off the charts.

DenButsu
12-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Nugs are ****ed

I doubt it. Under the reported terms of the new CBA, there's a very strong incentive for a player in Nene's position to go through a S&T (higher pay, longer contract). So even if he does decide to split, the Nuggets have a very good chance of landing some very good value back in return.

Plus, I think Nene would want to part Denver on the most amicable terms possible (ie. without totally screwing them over). They supported him through a lot of **** - season-long injury, battling cancer - and he has pretty strong personal ties to Karl (fellow cancer survivor) and the Nuggs organization.

daleja424
12-01-2011, 10:18 AM
I doubt it. Under the reported terms of the new CBA, there's a very strong incentive for a player in Nene's position to go through a S&T (higher pay, longer contract). So even if he does decide to split, the Nuggets have a very good chance of landing some very good value back in return.

Plus, I think Nene would want to part Denver on the most amicable terms possible (ie. without totally screwing them over). They supported him through a lot of **** - season-long injury, battling cancer - and he has pretty strong personal ties to Karl (fellow cancer survivor) and the Nuggs organization.

Remember that S/T usually don't net too much for the other team. I think best case scenario Denver would get back a contract (for salary matching) and a young guy or draft pick.

pacersfan1967
12-01-2011, 10:32 AM
I think he'd look good next to Hibbert in IndyI agrea with ya...:clap:

pacersfan1967
12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
If I was the Knicks I would think about trading Amare for Nene and a young player... which would leave them room to sign Chris paul next summer. That wont happen ..I believe he"ll be a pacer next year.....

pacersfan1967
12-01-2011, 10:49 AM
My bet is he winds up here in Indiana or on the Nets. We, along with the Nets have the most cap room to spend this off-season and are both in need of a legit PF/C and yes he would look great next to Roy Hibbert down low. I think it will come down to a bidding match between the two teams.come on Larry Bird letsget done it...pacers are back.....

mttwlsn16
12-01-2011, 10:56 AM

this

Cal827
12-01-2011, 11:02 AM
With the first pick in the 2012 NBA draft, the Denver Nuggets select...

BallIsAll
12-01-2011, 01:06 PM
toronto will beat them to the 1st pick for the next 5 years.

DenButsu
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Remember that S/T usually don't net too much for the other team. I think best case scenario Denver would get back a contract (for salary matching) and a young guy or draft pick.

Teams aren't "usually" trading the most highly valued FA on the market, either. Not to mention that under the new CBA, iirc, non-taxpaying teams have a leeway of 150% (increased from the previous 125%) on salary matching, which should loosen up trade possibilities.

Besides one or two expirings to match salary plus one or two assets (young player and/or draft pick) is exactly what the Nuggets should trade Nene for. They'd be adding to their already nice stockpile of young talent, and positioning themselves to be one of the big players with the most cap space in the 2012 free agency market.

Ujiri is young, and his tenure as Nuggs GM has been short, but I think it's safe to say he's exceeded expectations so far. I don't really see why everyone thinks he's gonna **** this one up now. If Nene wants out, that fact will be beyond Denver's control, but that in no way automatically means it will be under completely unfavorable conditions for the Nuggets.

THE MTL
12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Nuggets are ********. They had a real chance to REBOUND from the Melo deal. They had the team better than before and was seriously a trade away from being contenders again. But they really messed up this offseason.

Losing, Martin, Chandler, and Smith to CHINA! 75% of the players who went to China was from your team. Thats sad. And then trading Felton for Miller was a joke. Now they are losing Nene.

They are probi going to be the worst team in the NBA

daleja424
12-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Teams aren't "usually" trading the most highly valued FA on the market, either. Not to mention that under the new CBA, iirc, non-taxpaying teams have a leeway of 150% (increased from the previous 125%) on salary matching, which should loosen up trade possibilities.

Besides one or two expirings to match salary plus one or two assets (young player and/or draft pick) is exactly what the Nuggets should trade Nene for. They'd be adding to their already nice stockpile of young talent, and positioning themselves to be one of the big players with the most cap space in the 2012 free agency market.

Ujiri is young, and his tenure as Nuggs GM has been short, but I think it's safe to say he's exceeded expectations so far. I don't really see why everyone thinks he's gonna **** this one up now. If Nene wants out, that fact will be beyond Denver's control, but that in no way automatically means it will be under completely unfavorable conditions for the Nuggets.

Lebron and Bosh? Those teams got a couple end of the first round selections for facilitating those trades...

5ass
12-01-2011, 08:13 PM
denver fans expecting their team to make it to the playoffs this season are going to be disappointed IMO. Come on u guys just lost ur star player ur going to go through the rebuilding phase, ur in a good position for the future with all ur picks, just not the present.

blastmasta26
12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
a rotation of nene,ibaka and perkins is amazing especially considering perkins is injury prone.. Nene can play alongside ibaka too at times.
Highly doubt Nene would sign for 10 mil or less.

DenButsu
12-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Nuggets are ********. They had a real chance to REBOUND from the Melo deal. They had the team better than before and was seriously a trade away from being contenders again. But they really messed up this offseason.

Losing, Martin, Chandler, and Smith to CHINA! 75% of the players who went to China was from your team. Thats sad. And then trading Felton for Miller was a joke. Now they are losing Nene.

Wow. How did you rack up 7000+ posts without developing even a basic grasp of NBA free agency and the lockout? And you call the Nuggets ********?

What in the world, for example, do you think they could have done to prevent the guys from playing in China?

IBleedPurple
12-02-2011, 01:45 AM

Look at the Felton deal again, and what we actually got for a guy who was leaving soon anyway. Turrible

knicks=love
12-04-2011, 06:58 PM

what the **** is this supposed to mean?

NoahH
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Nene would look very nice in that Bay Area blue and yellow.

pacersfan1967
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
I sure hope he's Indiana bound .....we are a young team....A nice powerforward would move us up inthe seeding,,,,,