PDA

View Full Version : NBC sports:Rumor mill starting to spin

spreadeagle
11-29-2011, 12:17 PM
It makes almost no sense for the Lakers to make a run at Kris Humphries, they have more pressing needs (point guard) and no money to spend really, but that is the rumor from one quarter.

Whatever the Washington Wizards decide to do with the amnesty clause, Rashard Lewis wins.

The Wizards top priority is to ink Nick Young to a longer deal.

A lot of teams are eyeing Brandon Roy if the Blazers use the amnesty clause on him as expected, but don’t expect him to slip past the Timberwolves or Warriors in the bidding process. (This time around guys waived by amnesty cannot just choose a team; rather teams under the salary cap can bid to pick up a portion of their contract and the highest bid gets the player.)

NBA.com’s David Aldridge says the Celtics are looking very hard at Tyson Chandler as a free agent. I looked really hard at a $5 million beachfront home once, didn’t mean I could afford it. (The Celtics don’t have the cap space for a run at Chandler.)

Expect the Nets to make a run at Tayshaun Prince.

Expect the Pistons to make a run at Big Baby (that’s Glen Davis to the rest of us).

how u? A lot of players are lobbying Roger Mason Jr. to come play for them.

Making the argument that the NBA lockout was about the owners trying to control the workers more than it was just about the money.

A report that Andrea Bargnaini seems to have lost weight and is moving well. That’s nice.

In what is really news to nobody, the Memphis Grizzlies say they will match any offer another team makes to Marc Gasol.

The Golden State Warriors are in the market for a big man. Who isn’t?

We talked about this before the lockout and we can do so again now — the Bobcats buyout of Bismack Biyombo from Spain is not going to be that simple. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/29/tuesday-morning-one-liners-rumor-mill-starting-to-spin/

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Euu Tayshawn Prince?..

lvlheaded
11-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Kris Humphries can go to LA and play with his brother-in-law for a day, Lamar!

Tyson wont be a Celtic, they cant afford him

spreadeagle
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Biyombo has a harder buyout then once though..MJ just can not draft lol

BranWingss
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
If healthy, even with his knees, I think Roy could fit into Minnesota quite nice.

spreadeagle
11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
If healthy, even with his knees, I think Roy could fit into Minnesota quite nice.

kind of ironic since they drafted him didnt they????? now they get him with 2 wobbley knees post prime

BKLYNpigeon
11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
kind of ironic since they drafted him didnt they????? now they get him with 2 wobbley knees post prime

Roy is still 26-27 years old. i still think he has some gas left in his knees.

spreadeagle
11-29-2011, 12:49 PM

Knees not so sure but hes got a huge heart,be a great captain on a young team.I just wouldnt pay him anymore then 5 mil a yr for a 2-3 yr deal..also im 28 the fact i called someone 27 "post prime" just made me feel real old lol

Chacarron
11-29-2011, 12:51 PM

Too bad there is no cartilage left in his knees.

ShakeN'Bake
11-29-2011, 12:54 PM

Maybe the gas is what killed the cartilage.

BKLYNpigeon
11-29-2011, 12:58 PM
I think Roy has a good 20 mins a game in him. you guys ever heard of Grant Hill?

rapjuicer06
11-29-2011, 01:11 PM
completely different situation between hill and roy

llemon
11-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Euu Tayshawn Prince?..

I'm hoping Nets can sign Tayshaun at a reasonable price

central2003
11-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Nothing about Wilson Chandler ? Well I hope the Kings decide to spend some money and get both Chandler's .

llemon
11-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Nothing about Wilson Chandler ? Well I hope the Kings decide to spend some money and get both Chandler's .

I believe Wilson is tied up in China until April.

central2003
11-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Ya i just heard. I hope they get him when he is free from the china contract. for now kings should either aim for Gasol or tyson.

Chronz
11-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Do you guys think Roy can play at Penny Hardaways PHX level? Or NY level?