PDA

View Full Version : China could block NBA players return

pacofunk64
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
The Chinese Basketball Association is showing no inclination to let unhappy NBA players out of their contracts for the 2011-12 season, and will likely mandate they not receive clearance letters to return to the NBA until the Chinese season ends in March, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Wilson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, J.R. Smith and Aaron Brooks are the four top NBA players under contract in China, and several sources involved in those contract entanglements said escape clauses won’t be allowed with the impending end of the NBA lockout.

The Chinese Basketball Association passed a rule that its teams could sign only NBA free agents during the lockout, and it was made clear to those players they would have to play the full season to be given FIBA clearance letters to sign contracts with NBA teams.

Wow...you'd think their agents would have put some sort of stipulation into their contracts. I believe others have this stipulation but these 4 players might be **** out of luck. My guess is J.R. Smith does not get let out of his contract mainly because he has been nothing but a baby since arriving. Serves him right I guess. The article even goes on to suggest the "faking of injuries".

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_china_nba_players_112811

ShakeN'Bake
11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
They knew this when they signed there. Its their own faults.

keymax
11-29-2011, 12:02 PM
They could just leave.
Even if FIBA gets involved. They don't control contract situations in the NBA.
And if their old teams file lawsuits, as long as they don't step a foot into China anymore they will be fine.

ShakeN'Bake
11-29-2011, 12:03 PM
They could just leave.
And if their old teams file lawsuits, as long as they don't step a foot into China anymore they will be fine.

oh ya that is a great idea...

keymax
11-29-2011, 12:06 PM
oh ya that is a great idea...

Trust me, the Chinese don't give a damn about civil lawsuits from America/Europe. Why should it be the other way around?

Belmonts
11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Damn commies.

BranWingss
11-29-2011, 12:35 PM
They knew this when they signed there. Its their own faults.

Bingo. We've known that this was in their contracts for quite some time now.

Oefarmy2005
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
It's funny that 3 of them used to play for Denver...

Hawkeye15
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Chinese teams were very upfront about this. They said they would not sign anyone with a current NBA deal, and that if you signed, you had to stay the season. I don't feel bad at all for these 4 players. Not one bit.

The NBA had better put a lock on these 4 playing until the Chinese league season is over. The last thing they need is pissing off a country that has WAY more NBA fans than the U.S. does.

Hawkeye15
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
It's funny that 3 of them used to play for Denver...

Look at Denver's payroll dude. They are going to be scrambling in December, and will end up with a deal or two that is stupid bad.

pacofunk64
11-29-2011, 12:41 PM
On the bright side Wilson Chandler is tearing those boys up averaging 33 ppg.

pacofunk64
11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
I also would not be surprised if they let Wilson Chandler out of his contract since he has been willing to actually play and seems he has been a model citizen as well.

blahblahyoutoo
11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Damn commies.

yeah, damn them for upholding contracts.

xabial
11-29-2011, 12:59 PM
On the bright side Wilson Chandler is tearing those boys up averaging 33 ppg.

I wouldn't expect anything less from ill will. If Jordan Farmar can lead his team to a 8-0 record leading his team in points, and assists, then wilson chandler should average 33pg. International competition is catching up to the NBA, but is still a joke. (Unless your Spain or Argentina)

PAOboston
11-29-2011, 05:03 PM
good for the chinese teams. that's the same reason a lot of euro teams stayed away from the nba players.

sixer04fan
11-29-2011, 05:21 PM
"The NBA players are slaves! Being held against their will to honor a contract they signed!"

Here we go again, where did all of the NBPA lockout freaks on this site go?

Hellcrooner
11-30-2011, 12:58 AM
They could just leave.

Then last year when Rudy Fernandez was fe up of Blazers not trading him he shoudl have simply gone to europe.

There are conveniums of no agression signed between Nba and Fiba.