PDA

View Full Version : Sources says: Chris Paul first choice NY or LAC

kntresistheheat
11-29-2011, 01:40 AM
Chris Brousard twitter:

Chris Paul's first choice is to play for the Knicks, sources say. He's willing to wait & sign w/NYK as free agent next summer.

CP3 would also consider signing extension w/LA Clippers. But Clips' 1st choice is Dwight Howard, sources say....

NYSpirit1
11-29-2011, 01:43 AM
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Chris Paul's first choice is to play for the Knicks, sources say. He's willing to wait & sign w/NYK as free agent next summer.

This is unbelievable news for Knicks fans. If Paul can hold out and do what Anthony did last year and force a trade to the Knicks -- the Heat-Knicks rivalry will be well on it's way to being the most epic rivalry of all time.

Here's to hoping he can last the 66 games by pushing the envelope like Melo did. If he really wants to be in NYC he will be. Because there is no leverage with the uncertain CBA like the Nuggets had with Melo. So if Paul doesn't want to be somewhere, he won't be.

JNA17
11-29-2011, 01:44 AM
Why in the world would the Clippers want Dwight when they have Deandre Jordan? Chris Paul would fit in much better with the Clippers.

But Chris Paul wants a big three so he will join with the Knicks.

Greet
11-29-2011, 01:46 AM
:laugh2: Wasn't this Lebron's choice too?

Sadds The Gr8
Why in the world would the Clippers want Dwight when they have Deandre Jordan? Chris Paul would fit in much better with the Clippers.

Because Dwight Howard is 8000x better than Jordan.

Greet
Source, not sources.

Chronz
11-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Why in the world would the Clippers want Dwight when they have Deandre Jordan?
This is sig worthy, if I was still into that sort of thing

Chris Paul would fit in much better with the Clippers.

He'll join whichever he feels best suits his needs. Clippers can prove alot in a year

Corey
11-29-2011, 01:49 AM
I'd love to see Paul with Gordon, Griffin, Jordan and Aminu.

Who could the Clipps unload Mo Williams on?

JNA17
11-29-2011, 01:50 AM

So? Deandre Jordan is young and has potential, Clippers have absolutely nobody at PG (Mo Williams is piss and Bledsoe is as good as my 3 week old pizza that I still have in my refrigerator for some reason).

Corey

That's not really the point. Dwight is obviously much better than Jordan, but the Clippers dont have a need at center. Jordan and Griffin is a good dynamic, there's no need to split it up.

Paul fits a need, and would seemingly slide in perfectly with the core they have going.

GodsSon
this is sig worthy, if i was still into that sort of thing

lol

Avenged

seriously dude?

oak2455
11-29-2011, 01:51 AM
Different story ****

John Walls Era
11-29-2011, 01:52 AM
If Chris B says so.

CityofTreez
11-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Damn, Chris Paul on the Clippers would be great. BUT, Dwight Howard on the Clippers is ****ing scary!

Donald Sterling does this, then he will never leave the Clippers!

JNA17
11-29-2011, 01:53 AM

He'll join whichever he feels best suits his needs. Clippers can prove alot in a year

Deandre Jordan=potential. Getting Dwight instead of Chris Paul would be wasted potential, espeically when their bigger need is at PG.

I doubt that, If the summer of 2010 has taught me anything, bros before rings.

giventofly
Paul-o-drama? What the hell is that...?

lakers4sho

Nah actually it's over 9000

JNA17
11-29-2011, 01:54 AM
That's not really the point. Dwight is obviously much better than Jordan, but the Clippers dont have a need at center. Jordan and Griffin is a good dynamic, there's no need to split it up.

Paul fits a need, and would seemingly slide in perfectly with the core they have going.

thank you and that was the freaking point.

oak2455
11-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Sorry Mr Stern he'll be a Knick

JNA17
seriously dude?

Clippers need=PG. Obviously Dwight>>>>>>Deandre but Clippers don't need a center as much as they need a PG.

Get it?

DLCK
Im almost positive Clippers get neither. Cp3 to knicks. Dhow If he goes anywhere near LA it will be for the Lakers not the Clippers.

Lloyd Christmas
I'll believe it when I see it

5ass
11-29-2011, 01:56 AM
either way chris paul will go back to leading the league in assists and we'll finally seem more of him in the playoffs.. i hope hes back to his oldself

LTBaByyy
Dwight Howard will limit Blake Griffins growth IMO

Go for Paul!!! No one ever wants to go to the Clippers. Start a good LA rivalry

CP3
Gordon
Aminu
Griffin
Kaman (Would retain to all star level with CP3)

Jordan
2 rooks from Georgia

Dade County
They should have kept the lock out going... It's just getting started.

Knicks21
11-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Its Sterling, he won't get either of them.

NYKnicksAllDay
11-29-2011, 01:58 AM

CityofTreez
11-29-2011, 01:58 AM
Its Sterling, he won't get either of them.

More and more, I'm feeling like this is the sad truth.

NYKalltheway
11-29-2011, 02:01 AM

can I put this as my sig? :D

JNA17
11-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Seriously, which looks better, this:

PG: Eric Bledsoe
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: Aminu
PF: Blake Griffen
C: Dwight Howard

or this:

PG: Chris Paul
C: Deandre Jordan

I like the one with Chris Paul a lot better. It's more balanced, Blake wouldn't have his growth slowed down with Dwight at center where instead, Blake would be even more scary good with Paul passing to him, and the offense is much more efficient.

JNA17
11-29-2011, 02:02 AM
can I put this as my sig? :D

only if you actually learn to read the rest of the thread/posts ;).

GodsSon
11-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Dear God, is this what we're going to have to endure ALL season? The lockout hasn't even officially ended people!

iggypop123
11-29-2011, 02:04 AM
the clips are well equiped to get guys via trade. are trade and extends allowed anymore? would be a risky thing to do for the clips. anyways they have contract releif, either mo williams and others, they have a talented wing in aminu, and they also have the twolves first pick unprotected. they can provide a package. would they let go of gordon to get him. paul on the other hand will just play the season out and sign for whatever the max NY can offer 13 million or something. not bad. in NY he can make a ton in endorsements.

Raph12
11-29-2011, 02:07 AM

Deandre Jordan=potential. Getting Dwight instead of Chris Paul would be wasted potential, espeically when their bigger need is at PG.

I doubt that, If the summer of 2010 has taught me anything, bros before rings.

Everyone saying that the Clipps need a PG haven't really watched them play. Eric Gordon is one of the most ball-dominant SGs in the league, he loves to have the ball in his hands. If the Clipps got a legit PG like CP3, it would limit EG immensely, like it did Wade last season (except Wade is great no matter what, but still limited last season).

Gordon-Blake-Dwight = Younger version of Kobe-Pau-Bynum

Except that in this situation, the bigs will get most of the shots... Dwight would really make this team elite, he would make the defense elite, he could teach Blake how to be better on the other end. The rebounding between those two guys would dominate opposing teams and the athleticism of the team would intimidate even the mighty Miami Heat.

CP3 could make the offense elite, but Dwight would make the team elite.

MJ-BULLS
11-29-2011, 02:07 AM
paul o drama. wtf.

Stunner
11-29-2011, 02:09 AM

did it lmao

oak2455
11-29-2011, 02:11 AM
If he waits it out, which there is no uncertainty in the CBA now...He will probably be a Knick....why because its been rumored for a while now ...He's best friends of Melo and Stat...Was continuously hanging out with Melo during the Lockout ...so I just have a feeling this is where he'll end up

JNA17
11-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Everyone saying that the Clipps need a PG haven't really watched them play. Eric Gordon is one of the most ball-dominant SGs in the league, he loves to have the ball in his hands.

Except with Dwight, Blake's growth would be hindered tremendously. You want to talk about who would get less touches? Besides, I'd much rather have EG getting the ball less then Blake. The offensive frontcourt would be much more well rounded with Deandre just focusing on what he's actually good at, rebounding and defense. With Chris Paul, the offense is much more spread out, a lot more sharing the ball on offense with happen along with a lot more moving without the ball from EG and Aminu, and of course the inevitable alley oops from Paul to Blake.

Punk
11-29-2011, 02:13 AM
So, nobody here wants a frontcourt of Griffin and Howard? :laugh:

If you want balance, the Clippers can sign Jose Calderon and get a past first PG AND sign Howard.

iggypop123
11-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Seriously, which looks better, this:

PG: Eric Bledsoe
C: Dwight Howard

or this:

PG: Chris Paul
C: Deandre Jordan

I like the one with Chris Paul a lot better. It's more balanced, Blake wouldn't have his growth slowed down with Dwight at center where instead, Blake would be even more scary good with Paul passing to him, and the offense is much more efficient.

big men win titles. point guards dont. when was the last time a good one lead his team. isiah? chauncey wasnt the best on the squad.
seriously look at the past few champs. kidd at 40 with bad knee, fisher who couldnt guard a fly. rondo as a kid who cant make a shot. the thing that is assumed is for dwight it be a trade with paul it would be Free agency. but its a whole lot tougher to convince somebody to sign than trade for.

JNA17
11-29-2011, 02:15 AM
So, nobody here wants a frontcourt of Griffin and Howard? :laugh:

If you want balance, the Clippers can sign Jose Calderon and get a past first PG AND sign Howard.

With Blake and Howard fighting for the ball in the frontcourt? Yeah not fun.

Jose Calderon is even worse :laugh:

Punk
More from Brosuard:

And unlike the situation with James, whom the city begged and pleaded to sign with the Knicks in 2010, visions of Paul in blue and orange are stepped in reality, not mere fantasy. Paul’s first choice by far is to team up with the Knicks’ Anthony and Amare Stoudemire to form yet another Eastern Conference Big 3, according to sources close to the situation.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/33566/chris-paul-and-new-yorks-hopes

JNA17
big men win titles. point guards dont.

I agree, but guess what bigman the Clippers already have?

Sactown
11-29-2011, 02:16 AM
After this news Owners have reject proposed CBA lol

lakers4sho
11-29-2011, 02:16 AM
Actually defense isn't one of Jordan's strong suits..

Punk
11-29-2011, 02:18 AM

Fighting? If Howard wants a chip, both will share the ball.

Howard gets it in the post, draws a double, Griffin hits a jumper. You can pick and roll off both. Griffin can pass very well for a PF, so he could throw lobs to Howard actually. It may sound like a cluster**** on paper but It could play out nicely.

Calderon isn't worse. He is a good passer, lobber. He'd be a good 4th option for the Clippers behind Paul, Deron, Nash.

AI4MVP
11-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Blake Griffin and Dwight Howard on the same team??? Game over.

fin_frenzy_84
11-29-2011, 02:20 AM

And wasnt it the same guy who said Lebrons first choice is New York??? I dont believe it lol

UPRock
11-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Hmmm that's some good news for both teams, but I think he's must likely going to the Knicks instead of the Clippers. Don't be surprised if he goes to Orlando.

abe_froman
11-29-2011, 02:21 AM
he'll go to ny.didnt he,amare,melo make a pact at a wedding or something after lebron,wade,bosh made theirs?

JNA17
11-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Fighting? If Howard wants a chip, both will share the ball.

Howard gets it in the post, draws a double, Griffin hits a jumper. You can pick and roll off both. Griffin can pass very well for a PF, so he could throw lobs to Howard actually. It may sound like a cluster**** on paper but It could play out nicely.

Calderon isn't worse. He is a good passer, lobber. He'd be a good 4th option for the Clippers behind Paul, Deron, Nash.

Doubt it.

It could, but unlikely imo.

Have you ever seen Calderon lead an offense on the fastbreak? I know most people here don't watch Raptors games but it's like watching Squirrels crossing the road on the highway in rush hour.

John Walls Era
11-29-2011, 02:24 AM

Every one is a decent team defender with Dwight. Everything else Jose Calderon is decent in.

Raph12
11-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Except with Dwight, Blake's growth would be hindered tremendously. You want to talk about who would get less touches? Besides, I'd much rather have EG getting the ball less then Blake. The offensive frontcourt would be much more well rounded with Deandre just focusing on what he's actually good at, rebounding and defense. With Chris Paul, the offense is much more spread out, a lot more sharing the ball on offense with happen along with a lot more moving without the ball from EG and Aminu, and of course the inevitable alley oops from Paul to Blake.

Are you saying Bynum has been hindered tremendously by Gasol? Duncan hindered tremendously by DRob? McHale hindered tremendously by Parish? Worthy hindered tremendously by Kareem? Etc, etc...

Great PF-C combos win rings, plain and simple; a defensive beasting center in Dwight might hinder Blake's stats slightly, but he'd make the team WAY better (and make Blake better defensively).

Deandre is an athletic scrub, he has zero impact on the game, you're basing his potential only on his athleticism. He doesn't have the IQ, skills or size to be an elite center in even today's league.

CP3 would make the offense better, that goes without saying, he's the best PG in the world afterall. But having Dwight in the offense, with Blake down in the post with him and EG running the show; all you'd need is a few shooters (they already got MoWill at PG) and cutters (Aminu) and you're good to go... Lakers 2.0.

Evolution23
11-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Here we go again

Punk
11-29-2011, 02:27 AM
And wasnt it the same guy who said Lebrons first choice is New York??? I dont believe it lol

Direct quote from Chris Paul:"We'll form our own Big Three."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/07/chris-paul-says-he-hopes-to-create-big-three-in-new-york-with-carmelo-anthony-amare-stoudemire.html

Want more proof?

JNA17
11-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Every one is a decent team defender with Dwight. Everything else Jose Calderon is decent in.

With Paul, there's not one **** player on the starting lineup. With Dwight, the PG part of the lineup sucks ****.

Also where did Jose Calderon come from in this? :confused:

Punk
11-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Doubt it.

It could, but unlikely imo.

Have you ever seen Calderon lead an offense on the fastbreak? I know most people here don't watch Raptors games but it's like watching Squirrels crossing the road on the highway in rush hour.

I know when he is healthy, I've seen him throw some great lops to Demar and Amir.

Evolution23
11-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Which team would u guys root for if it came down to it? The Heat or the Knicks?

Angelus™
11-29-2011, 02:32 AM
If he does in fact go to the knicks, then wow. Thats one hell of a big three

fin_frenzy_84
11-29-2011, 02:37 AM
Direct quote from Chris Paul:"We'll form our own Big Three."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/07/chris-paul-says-he-hopes-to-create-big-three-in-new-york-with-carmelo-anthony-amare-stoudemire.html

Want more proof?

Uhm yes? Is that site even credible??? Who is Michael Hurley??? lol

JNA17
11-29-2011, 02:39 AM
Are you saying Bynum has been hindered tremendously by Gasol? Duncan hindered tremendously by DRob? McHale hindered tremendously by Parish? Worthy hindered tremendously by Kareem? Etc, etc...

Bynum...actually yeah. On most if not any other teams barring injury, he would be the 2nd best center in the league. A young and dominate Tim Duncan playing with a old and past his prime Drob is much different then a Blake Griffin playing in his 2nd/3rd season and Dwight about to enter in his prime. For the first few of years for Mchale? Actually yeah lol. James Worthy was a PF in a small forward body. He didn't rebound like a PF at all either so again, terrible example.

The Lakers example is also a terrible one since the combo is really kobe-pau, not kobe-pau-bynum. Hell it's more Kobe-Odom-Pau then Kobe-Pau-Bynum. And Clippers's Eric Gordon is no Kobe and Griffin is much more demanding on the ball then Pau or bynum.

fin_frenzy_84
11-29-2011, 02:39 AM

Knicks... I dont care if a team forms a big three but the reason I hate the heat so much is because they are so cocky. Even though the knicks do not got a big three yet there two big players are still not being cocky.

JNA17
11-29-2011, 02:42 AM

Knicks. Much rather have Paul-Melo-Amare (an actual big three) getting the rings then Lebron's Drama queen ego or Christina Bosh. Wade is cool which is why i almost feel bad for the clowns he has to work with.

5ass
11-29-2011, 02:42 AM
With Paul, there's not one **** player on the starting lineup. With Dwight, the PG part of the lineup sucks ****.

Also where did Jose Calderon come from in this? :confused:

solution= steve nash
2012 lineup
Nash/2012 clippers pick
Gordon/vet min
2012 minny pick/Aminu
Griffin/vet min
Howard/vet min

PatsSoxKnicks
11-29-2011, 02:44 AM

No...Did you ever hear Lebron toast to playing with the Knicks at someone's wedding where he would form a big 3 with 2 players who are already on the Knicks?

I won't say the Knicks will get CP3 because the question still remains how badly he wants to come to the Knicks (as opposed to getting out of NO earlier and going somewhere else). The Knicks have no pieces to trade for him but they could offer him an almost max contract (he'd have to take a slight discount) in free agency.

Raph12
11-29-2011, 02:54 AM
Bynum...actually yeah. On most if not any other teams barring injury, he would be the 2nd best center in the league. A young and dominate Tim Duncan playing with a old and past his prime Drob is much different then a Blake Griffin playing in his 2nd/3rd season and Dwight about to enter in his prime. For the first few of years for Mchale? Actually yeah lol. James Worthy was a PF in a small forward body. He didn't rebound like a PF at all either so again, terrible example.

The Lakers example is also a terrible one since the combo is really kobe-pau, not kobe-pau-bynum. Hell it's more Kobe-Odom-Pau then Kobe-Pau-Bynum. And Clippers's Eric Gordon is no Kobe and Griffin is much more demanding on the ball then Pau or bynum.

You may be a Lakers fan and watch each and every game, but evidently, you don't watch it properly. Bynum is overrated and would only be the second option on garbage teams. We saw Bynum before Pau and he looked like a scrub, when Pau got there and taught him a bunch of stuff, he started to come into his own. Pau and Bynum's presence is what won the Lakers those two titles, not Kobe's horrid shooting (43FG% vs Magic, 40FG% vs Celts). The 3-big rotation is what the Lakers have that the rest of the league can't compete with, grandpa Kobe is just there to take pressure off of them.

This is coming from a HUGE Kobe fan, I'm not trying to say Kobe isn't a great player, but it's obvious that the PF-C dominance the Lakers have, whether it be Pau-Bynum, Odom-Pau or Odom-Bynum, is what has let the Lakers dominate.

EG doesn't need to be Kobe, all he needs to do is take pressure off of his bigs, may the defense play them honest and respect the shooters. Blake is a great passer for a PF, a la Gasol and with Dwight getting to the front of the basket at will, offensive rebounding and fast breaks; there will be easy baskets for days.

The real question is whether or not Blake and EG can handle their egos and give up a little to win big.

naps
11-29-2011, 03:05 AM
I think CP3 is a lock for NY and their offense will freaking awesome to watch but for some reason their big three doesn't sound scary to me.

HouRealCoach
11-29-2011, 03:05 AM

Same thing I was thinking... I mean what good is the most dominant player in the NBA, 3 time DPOY, and the best Center ion the game today who never gets injured to DJ??

Clippers would have to be ******** to sign Dwight Howard

HouRealCoach
11-29-2011, 03:11 AM
Best cases for CP3 and Dwight...

CP3 to Memphis = Paul, Ariza for Gay, Conley, Henry(or Mayo), Future First

CP3 along with ZBo, Gasol, Ariza could become something special

D12 to Atl = Howard, Turkgolu for Horford, Hinrich, Pachulia, Williams, Draft Picks

D12 with JJ, Teague, Smith with the right pieces could become something

goNYgoNYgo
11-29-2011, 03:14 AM
okay from the original quote this is what it sounds like.

cp3 wants to team up w/ d12 as a clipper. why join the clippers, i don't think cp3 would make them elite. cp3 knows d12 is the clippers first choice, they get him, he's still available to become clipper alongside d12. clippers have alot of trading chips, much better than ny even if you have to make 2 trading packages for the clippers.

that doesn't happen, he just waits it out, knows knicks don't have **** to give up, and just signs str8 up with them. he wouldn't really care for a sign and trade to help out the hornets like melo tried to help out denver. especially after this nasty lockout, cp3 will walk from NO and not give a crap.

if cp3 and d12 go to la, then that means we'll be taking d will most likely from the nets.
if d12 goes to the nets, knicks will prob get cp3.

lakers4sho
11-29-2011, 03:14 AM
We saw Bynum before Pau and he looked like a scrub

Try again. And this is coming from a guy who can't wait to get rid of Bynum.

Raph12
11-29-2011, 03:21 AM
Try again. And this is coming from a guy who can't wait to get rid of Bynum.

You're taking that out of context, the point is that Bynum got much better with Pau's arrival than he was prior. Pau helped Bynum become a better player, could his stats be higher without Pau ever coming there, sure, but that doesn't mean he'd be a better player... And one thing is for damn sure, the Lakers wouldn't be nearly as dominant.

LayZbone
11-29-2011, 03:26 AM
Knicks. Much rather have Paul-Melo-Amare (an actual big three) getting the rings then Lebron's Drama queen ego or Christina Bosh. Wade is cool which is why i almost feel bad for the clowns he has to work with.

lol, what? CP3 doesn't play for the knicks, so technically they're the opposite of an "actual" big 3. Anyways, the Heat's 3 would still be better, especially with 2 years and a championship under their belts. ;)

lakers4sho
11-29-2011, 03:31 AM
You're taking that out of context, the point is that Bynum got much better with Pau's arrival than he was prior. Pau helped Bynum become a better player, could his stats be higher without Pau ever coming there, sure, but that doesn't mean he'd be a better player... And one thing is for damn sure, the Lakers wouldn't be nearly as dominant.

Pau and Bynum don't mesh well together, actually that's one of the main reasons we did poorly during this year's playoffs.

Bynum was beasting, putting up something like 23 and 13 for a long stretch of games in 2008 before he got injured, hence before we got Pau. The Lakers have experienced greater success when only one of the two is actively present.

In short they take away from each other's strengths. You might point out injuries as a reason for Bynum's regression, but last year he was healthy. He was demanding more shots, he got them, but in fact that was what killed the team.

Anyways I think this is all moot, as I agree with your initial claim that the Clippers would be better off with Howard. Just not with your Lakers example.

Wade>You
11-29-2011, 03:32 AM
lol, what?It was a shot at Bosh (I'm guessing), which is odd because Bosh outperformed Amare last season in all Knicks vs Heat matchups.

Bravo95
11-29-2011, 03:40 AM
D12 to Atl = Howard, Turkgolu for Horford, Hinrich, Pachulia, Williams, Draft Picks

D12 with JJ, Teague, Smith with the right pieces could become something
:pray:

John Walls Era
11-29-2011, 03:44 AM
Just saying... the Knicks fans were saying this since last year. If this makes Chris B a source, then the Knicks fans on PSD are prophets.

Punk
11-29-2011, 03:44 AM
It was a shot at Bosh (I'm guessing), which is odd because Bosh outperformed Amare last season in all Knicks vs Heat matchups.

OH NO! Send Amare to the D-league!

I recall, Amare destroying Bosh in the last meeting FYI.

Punk
11-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Just saying... the Knicks fans were saying this since last year. If this makes Chris B a source, then the Knicks fans on PSD are prophets.

We're not prophets if Chris Paul said it himself.

iam brett favre
11-29-2011, 03:51 AM
What the **** is up with the NBA stars, why can't a player just stay put?

John Walls Era
11-29-2011, 03:52 AM
We're not prophets if Chris Paul said it himself.

ok thats fine. I don't want to call you guys prophets.

LayZbone
11-29-2011, 03:56 AM
OH NO! Send Amare to the D-league!

I recall, Amare destroying Bosh in the last meeting FYI.

not true. they actually played really even.

but now we're getting way off topic.

CityofTreez
11-29-2011, 04:00 AM

This is why basketball is so ****ing hilarious.

A player can come out and say he wants to play somewhere, and analysts/experts and fans of those teams will eat it up. It's a show, and the sole notion that Chris Brousseard (sp.) tweets something and makes it legitimate is even better.

iam brett favre
11-29-2011, 04:06 AM

:laugh2:
:laugh2::facepalm::laugh2:
:laugh2::facepalm::laugh2::facepalm:
:laugh2::facepalm::laugh2::facepalm::laugh2:
:laugh2::facepalm:
Post of the year.

abe_froman
11-29-2011, 04:06 AM

why should they want to be stuck in bad situations? really,fans ***** about players being all about money and not about winning but the minute they choose to put themselves in a better position to win,fans ***** about it

THE GIPPER
11-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Paul to the clippers and Dwight to the thunder now THAT would be a rivalry for years to come!

iam brett favre
11-29-2011, 04:09 AM
Why would the Knicks even want Chris Paul? They already have Toney Douglas

JNA17
11-29-2011, 04:10 AM
:laugh2::facepalm::laugh2::facepalm::laugh2:
:laugh2::facepalm:
Post of the year.

so is yours espeically since you failed to read the next couple of posts in the thread :facepalm:

kblo247
11-29-2011, 04:12 AM

Pump the brakes. Both Pau and Andrew click better at C next to Odom. They are both more comfortable being the C and in the paint. Neither spreads the floor for the other. Neither routinely helps the other. And they both ***** about touches in the paint and cause a mess of congestion down there.

The Lakers best PF is Lamar Odom. He has been the main PF on the title teams. He has been the closer. Throughout the years the trio has been together he has been the healthy one. There has been no prolonged time where the duo of Bynum and Pau have clicked and dominated. There has been plenty where Pau and Lamar or Lamar and Andrew beast their way to the best record while the other 7 footer is hurt, hindered, or in foul trouble. In fact Phil talked about minimizing the time the two spent inthe floor together by design to win on Philoshophy 101. He prefers Odom with one of them, they prefer Lamar, and Kobe prefers Lamar so that he can actually have a lane to drive or not be zoned p. you saw this postseason what the two of them looked like both healthy with Bynum taking up most of the C time and Pau taking up most of the PF time limiting when Lamar could be in the game, they sucked because ethe commonality is that one of them goes off and the other underperformance and *****es for some touches lol.

That is a terrible comparison because they aren't close to as seamless as Duncan and Robinson. They need a buffer, Odom is that buffer and he is the insurance policy for when both get hurt, which gives him job and trade security actually and made Buu come to his senses and renegotiate a contract with him, which he never does.

Sadly those two will never achieve true dominance and maximize themselves with one another because they just do not know how to play together, which has been a common criticism from Stu Lantz, Phil, Worthy, and other people which is why you see talk of one of them being shopped last year for Melo and this year for Paul, Dwight, and we all know the Deron talk is coming

LayZbone
11-29-2011, 04:13 AM

because many front offices are incompetent and the stars actually value being in a position to compete, with an organization that knows what it's doing. :shrug:

There's also money, attractive cities, family concerns, and tons of other reasons for players to want a change of scenery. Better question is why should a player stay put given all these facts? Cause it's nice to the fans? winning's overrated?

iam brett favre
11-29-2011, 04:13 AM
so is yours espeically since you failed to read the next couple of posts in the thread :facepalm:

No it makes sense, the Cavs were dumb to take Kyrie Irving, they already have Baron Davis!

iam brett favre
11-29-2011, 04:15 AM
because many front offices are incompetent and the stars actually value being in a position to compete, with an organization that knows what it's doing. :shrug:

There's also money, attractive cities, family concerns, and tons of other reasons for players to want a change of scenery. Better question is why should a player stay put given all these facts? Cause it's nice to the fans? winning's overrated?

Coming from the person with a Heat sig.
How can small market teams ever compete if the stars they draft just go off and form "dream teams" (that don't end up winning in the end - Heat, Eagles..try going by the Packers formula... uhh drafting and developing talent)
Its a joke that players think they can just go off wherever they want.
You mention that its nice to fans? Tell that to the ones in Cleveland..

JNA17
11-29-2011, 04:15 AM
No it makes sense, the Cavs were dumb to take Kyrie Irving, they already have Baron Davis!

Just go back to the only sport you know (football) and come back with a less trolling mind, k guy?

LayZbone
11-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Coming from the person with a Heat sig.
How can small market teams ever compete if the stars they draft just go off and form "dream teams" (that don't end up winning in the end - Heat, Eagles..try going by the Packers formula... uhh drafting and developing talent)
Its a joke that players think they can just go off wherever they want.
You mention that its nice to fans? Tell that to the ones in Cleveland..

the thread's about CP3. And I'm referring to the fact that the Hornets have done little to provide him with a team that can actually make a serious push. He doesn't necessarily have to try and form a superteam, that's only one formula that has worked in the past (teams with 3 stars: ie 80s Lakers/Celtics, Bulls, current celtics). But if he wants to, that's his prerogative. He can go form a nasty duo with Blake Griffin.

Small market teams can compete, but a lot of it has to do with luck. That's what the draft's for. OKC drafted Durant and Westbrook, and they're a serious contender. San Antonio drafted Duncan, and that small market has 4 rings to show for it. Make smarter trades, stop offering scrubs like Rashard Lewis max contracts.

You mention "teams that don't end up winning in the end" and list the Heat and Eagles. I wasn't aware that it was the end, but ok.

Edit: I'm confused about your argument. 1st you say your problem is with the stars leaving for better situations or bigger markets, and then you say to go the packers route and draft/develop? That's not exactly up to the star player, is it? It's the crappy management that doesn't know how to draft and develop. and if they did.....these stars probably wouldn't leave.

iam brett favre
11-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Just go back to the only sport you know (football) and come back with a less trolling mind, k guy?

You don't need to be a basketball expert to know that was an outrageous statement.
That's honestly equivalent to saying why would the Bucs want Aaron Rodgers when they have Josh Freeman?

With all of this being said and how much I hate how players just jump ship I'd actually like to see Chris Paul go to LAC so there can be a decent rivalry there with him and Kobe

JNA17
11-29-2011, 04:53 AM
You don't need to be a basketball expert to know that was an outrageous statement.
That's honestly equivalent to saying why would the Bucs want Aaron Rodgers when they have Josh Freeman?

It's clear you didn't understand the post, which is why you should really go back to what you know best (maybe, you could be just a bandwagon packer fan for all i know).

If you actually read a little longer then 5 seconds, you would see that I meant if Clippers had to choose either Chris Paul, or Dwight Howard, in terms of NEED, I would pick Chris Paul because they have a young center with potential at least in with Deandre Jordan where in the point guard position, they have nobody.

Simple.

OaklandsFinest
11-29-2011, 04:59 AM
ok so if I'm the Clippers I dont assume anyone wants to come here in free agency, so I would make an agressive move to acquire CP3 and D 12 via trade and if need be I would trade Blake in a deal to get CP3. I would try turning Kaman, Williams and a ton of picks into Howard and run a line up of

Paul
Gordan
Aminu
Jordan
Howard

iam brett favre
11-29-2011, 04:59 AM
It's clear you didn't understand the post, which is why you should really go back to what you know best (maybe, you could be just a bandwagon packer fan for all i know).

If you actually read a little longer then 5 seconds, you would see that I meant if Clippers had to choose either Chris Paul, or Dwight Howard, in terms of NEED, I would pick Chris Paul because they have a young center with potential at least in with Deandre Jordan where in the point guard position, they have nobody.

Simple.

Yup I joined in '07 when they came off 2 seasons where they didnt make the playoffs pure bandwagon fan :nod:
And even if you do justify it - its still absurd because how would you not take Griffen and Howard over having Paul....
Bottom line that post = post of the year

RevisIsland
11-29-2011, 05:16 AM
CP3 to the Knicks, Deron Williams to the Clips, Dwight Howard is the wild card (my guess is Boston)

JNA17
11-29-2011, 05:30 AM
its still absurd because how would you not take Griffen and Howard over having Paul....

It's called an opinion that's how. I would much rather take Chris Paul and Griffin.

But ah well, neither of which is going to happen anyway. Chris Paul is going to the Knicks, Dwight Howard is going to either the Nets or Lakers (pipe dream), and all these posts about how orgasmic dwight or paul on the clippers is will all fade away faster then the hype for Alex Smith...

heh, see what I did there on that last one. :p

Napalm
11-29-2011, 05:36 AM
haha for all u clipper haters out there on psd! i called this along time ago. deandre aminu kaman and minny pick for dwight. orlando couldnt get a better replacement then jordan and sure as hell couldn't get a better pick then the minny pick. mo gordon prince griffin howard with a bench of bledsoe foye gomes thomkins diogu = contenderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . 2012 we then sign nash for the veterans minimum

Taimla
11-29-2011, 06:15 AM
Paul is going to Clippers when Clippers get also Howard, and Howard will go to Clippers when they also get Paul.

So clipps trade Gordon for Paul.
Then trade Griffin for Howard.
Then trade Kaman for Igoudala.

And evreyone's happy.

NO have a new star to build around, Eric Gordon
Orlando have a new star to build around in Blake Griffin
Clippers have a monster team, a defensive threat with big three Paul,Igoudala and Howard (and they still have tradeing pices.)

I think that would be the best thing for evreyone :)

umm yea, not for knicks... well you can sign allen iverson for your last big pice of a contending team :up:

icon1914
11-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Im almost positive Clippers get neither. Cp3 to knicks. Dhow If he goes anywhere near LA it will be for the Lakers not the Clippers.

Why do people keep saying this? How is he going to be a Laker? They have no cap space, which would mean one of two things would have to happen for Dwight to wear the Lakers Jersey... One would be a s/t with Orlando... and you really think Orlando is going to lose another center to LA by choice... The second would be for LA to trade for expirings with the hope that Dwight will sign in the offseason....

Dwight has no real leverage if the Lakers is his choice, since the only logical way he gets there is though a S/T.... If the Orlando does trade him I'm sure there will be better offers than Bynum or Gasol...

Knicks21
11-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Why do people keep saying this? How is he going to be a Laker? They have no cap space, which would mean one of two things would have to happen for Dwight to wear the Lakers Jersey... One would be a s/t with Orlando... and you really think Orlando is going to lose another center to LA by choice... The second would be for LA to trade for expirings with the hope that Dwight will sign in the offseason....

Dwight has no real leverage if the Lakers is his choice, since the only logical way he gets there is though a S/T.... If the Orlando does trade him I'm sure there will be better offers than Bynum or Gasol...

Highly Doubt that.

basketfan4life
11-29-2011, 07:34 AM
You may be a Lakers fan and watch each and every game, but evidently, you don't watch it properly. Bynum is overrated and would only be the second option on garbage teams. We saw Bynum before Pau and he looked like a scrub, when Pau got there and taught him a bunch of stuff, he started to come into his own. Pau and Bynum's presence is what won the Lakers those two titles, not Kobe's horrid shooting (43FG% vs Magic, 40FG% vs Celts). The 3-big rotation is what the Lakers have that the rest of the league can't compete with, grandpa Kobe is just there to take pressure off of them.

This is coming from a HUGE Kobe fan, I'm not trying to say Kobe isn't a great player, but it's obvious that the PF-C dominance the Lakers have, whether it be Pau-Bynum, Odom-Pau or Odom-Bynum, is what has let the Lakers dominate.

EG doesn't need to be Kobe, all he needs to do is take pressure off of his bigs, may the defense play them honest and respect the shooters. Blake is a great passer for a PF, a la Gasol and with Dwight getting to the front of the basket at will, offensive rebounding and fast breaks; there will be easy baskets for days.

The real question is whether or not Blake and EG can handle their egos and give up a little to win big.

actually, bynums stat lines seems scary good when gasol is injured, and when pau comes back from injury bynum turns into his old self.

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 08:11 AM
The Clippers have always made the most sense for both CP3 and Dwight.. its LA.. they would win... LAC can provide their respective teams with great return so they can be less hated... its out of conference so the league would benefit cuz the east is getting too stacked

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 08:15 AM
This is unbelievable news for Knicks fans. If Paul can hold out and do what Anthony did last year and force a trade to the Knicks -- the Heat-Knicks rivalry will be well on it's way to being the most epic rivalry of all time.

Here's to hoping he can last the 66 games by pushing the envelope like Melo did. If he really wants to be in NYC he will be. Because there is no leverage with the uncertain CBA like the Nuggets had with Melo. So if Paul doesn't want to be somewhere, he won't be.

Even with cp3, heat>knicks

elonepb
11-29-2011, 08:20 AM
As Hollinger points out, if CP3 wants to go to the Knicks, he'll be giving up $40M and the Knicks will have to get rid of EVERYBODY except Amare and Melo to even get him that contract, and then he'll be surrounded by 1 MLE player and 8 minimum contract players.

So will he do that? Maybe.

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 08:22 AM

This but its mainly because Melo and STAT are defensive liabilities. Melo csn keep up offensively with anyone s can STAT. However dont underestimate CP3. That guy turns scrubs into stars so i would love to see what he could do with good players beside him. CP3 is not Rose... he would tear the MIA defense apart with pin point passing and elite playmaking.

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 08:24 AM
As Hollinger points out, if CP3 wants to go to the Knicks, he'll be giving up $40M and the Knicks will have to get rid of EVERYBODY except Amare and Melo to even get him that contract, and then he'll be surrounded by 1 MLE player and 8 minimum contract players.

So will he do that? Maybe.

By the time the knicks get CP3 and can build around them 3 and are contenders, amare will be 34 and done and melo will be in his 30's lol

PhillyFaninLA
11-29-2011, 08:33 AM
I think a Deron Williams type is more of they style the Knicks need and I find the idea of a healthy CP3 on the Clippers intriguing.

Nyc4You
11-29-2011, 08:34 AM

great observation.

So you have a Pg who can dissect your team's Defense any given night in Cp3, an atheltic Pf who was OWNING Kg in the playoffs till he got injured, And Melo whose game is complete all around except maybe on defense... and your telling me the ball hog duo of Lebron and wade with a couple of scraps are still better. C'mon man.:facepalm:. Put some logic into your post.

SteBO
11-29-2011, 08:46 AM
great observation.

So you have a Pg who can dissect your team's Defense any given night in Cp3, an atheltic Pf who was OWNING Kg in the playoffs till he got injured, And Melo whose game is complete all around except maybe on defense... and your telling me the ball hog duo of Lebron and wade with a couple of scraps are still better. C'mon man.:facepalm:. Put some logic into your post.
I fail to see how making elementary statements like "Knicks>Heat" without any clue about how the rosters will shake out is any more logical.....The Knicks have holes to fill as well and that ranges from the center position to overall defensive play which can go hand in hand......Wait and see dude

SteBO
11-29-2011, 08:47 AM
And in regards to Paul, haven't Knick fans been saying this for months?

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 08:48 AM
great observation.

He is actually right. The defensive liabilities of Melo and STAT make it so. However i agree that with CP3 you guys are close to them CP3 can dissect that MIA defense so easily. There would be none of that Lebron guarding the PG **** cuz CP3 is too smart and elite. He will not get shaken and will heve Bron in foul trouble and somone scoring 30 off of his dishing. Hell even Deron Williams can do it so yo KNOW CP3 is the equalizer in a Heat vs Knicks matchup

Nyc4You
11-29-2011, 08:49 AM
I fail to see how making elementary statements like "Knicks>Heat" without any clue about how the rosters will shake out is any more logical.....The Knicks have holes to fill as well and that ranges from the center position to overall defensive play which can go hand in hand......Wait and see dude

Did i say Knicks>heat.. dont put words in my mouth:eyebrow:

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 08:49 AM
great observation.

Thanks. But this is all fantasy. If the knicks get another star(which they dont need they would be better off going with chandler or gasol) then we can talk about it.

SteBO
11-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Did i say Knicks>heat.. dont put words in my mouth:eyebrow:
You're the one who implied it...

You're essentially saying the Knicks are the better team if Paul goes to NY. Then you go on to say "put some logic into your posts". You said it indirectly, not me.

It's all speculation anyway. Can't wait to see both teams go up against each other in hopefully a playoff series.

Nyc4You
11-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Thanks. But this is all fantasy. If the knicks get another star(which they dont need they would be better off going with chandler or gasol) then we can talk about it.

so they're better off with chandler and not cp3? They dont need a good center. they need a center who can do the dirty work. Play some D and get some rebounds. i read somewhere that knicks would have 2.5-3m to use if they did sign cp3.

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 09:00 AM
so they're better off with chandler and not cp3? They dont need a good center. they need a center who can do the dirty work. Play some D and get some rebounds. i read somewhere that knicks would have 2.5-3m to use if they did sign cp3.

If the knicks sign CP3, they would be over the cap with like 3 guys under contract...you would get one mle and fill in with vet min guys...NY would run into huge lux tax problems in 2 years. A center who can do the dirty work? Those guys coast t least 5mil per. You can have a big 3 of cp3, stat, and melo, but if jeffires is you center, you guys are in trouble.

SteBO
11-29-2011, 09:05 AM
I've heard conflicting reports about your cap situation. Do you guys have 2.5-3 mil left to use before you're over the cap? I heard on the Jorge Sedano show that you guys are over, but I kept hearing up to that point that you guys still had plenty to spend for CP3 to get a fair contract.

Nyc4You
11-29-2011, 09:16 AM
If the knicks sign CP3, they would be over the cap with like 3 guys under contract...you would get one mle and fill in with vet min guys...NY would run into huge lux tax problems in 2 years. A center who can do the dirty work? Those guys coast t least 5mil per. You can have a big 3 of cp3, stat, and melo, but if jeffires is you center, you guys are in trouble.

Kurt thomas, Jeff foster, Kwame brown are worth 5m?

And stebo http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 09:27 AM
I've heard conflicting reports about your cap situation. Do you guys have 2.5-3 mil left to use before you're over the cap? I heard on the Jorge Sedano show that you guys are over, but I kept hearing up to that point that you guys still had plenty to spend for CP3 to get a fair contract.

They are over the cap, they have mle(which they wont use if they want Cp3) They will just get vet min again and pray they can land Cp3

Ill21
11-29-2011, 09:27 AM
If Chris B says so.

Chris B was the first one that said LeBron to MIA.

mttwlsn16
11-29-2011, 09:34 AM
omfg get it done olshey

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Chris B was the first one that said LeBron to MIA.

Thought it was Stephen A Smith?

P Styles
11-29-2011, 10:01 AM
What I'm waiting to see is how badly Amar'e and Melo really want to play with CP3. The HEAT Big 3 all took significant paycuts in order to play together, which is the only thing that makes me hate them a little less. They really want to win, and were willing to sacrifice the size of their contracts to do so.

Now, IF the Knicks could get CP3 I wonder if Amar'e and Melo would restructure their contracts in order to make it happen. I would hope that they would, as they are already on the hook for $20m each/year.

What kills the knicks is the Carmelo trade and timing of the CBA. We lost a lot of assets in that trade (I still however agree with making the move if it gets you Carmelo). If we had Chandler/Gallo/Felton/Mozgov/1st Rounder, we could have signed Carmelo in free agency and either kept those players or traded them for Paul. Unfortunately the timing of the CBA screwed us because Melo wasnt willing to wait til free agency because of all the CBA uncertainty.

I'd love to get Paul, but I cant see him turning down $20m/year for $13m/year from the Knicks, while his "best friends" Melo and Amar'e are making $20m+

oak2455
11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
What I'm waiting to see is how badly Amar'e and Melo really want to play with CP3. The HEAT Big 3 all took significant paycuts in order to play together, which is the only thing that makes me hate them a little less. They really want to win, and were willing to sacrifice the size of their contracts to do so.

Now, IF the Knicks could get CP3 I wonder if Amar'e and Melo would restructure their contracts in order to make it happen. I would hope that they would, as they are already on the hook for $20m each/year.

What kills the knicks is the Carmelo trade and timing of the CBA. We lost a lot of assets in that trade (I still however agree with making the move if it gets you Carmelo). If we had Chandler/Gallo/Felton/Mozgov/1st Rounder, we could have signed Carmelo in free agency and either kept those players or traded them for Paul. Unfortunately the timing of the CBA screwed us because Melo wasnt willing to wait til free agency because of all the CBA uncertainty.

I'd love to get Paul, but I cant see him turning down $20m/year for $13m/year from the Knicks, while his "best friends" Melo and Amar'e are making $20m+

Can they redo there deals?? If so then I would say they can get CP3

BigCityofDreams
11-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Can they redo there deals?? If so then I would say they can get CP3

They can't restructure contracts.

ewmania
11-29-2011, 11:32 AM
get her done (Larry the Cable Guy voice)

beasted86
11-29-2011, 11:36 AM
If Chris B says so.

:clap:

gilly
11-29-2011, 11:54 AM
This **** with Howard and Paul both going to the Clips is straight outta 2K.

Sly Guy
11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
I'd love to see the clips secure one or both of Dwight and/or Paul. Too bad they've got such a douche of an owner so I seriously doubt it'll happen.

Chronz
11-29-2011, 12:01 PM
If someone said, we have no need for CP3, we have Mo Williams. Wouldnt you think they were crazy?

Mo Williams is a better player than DeAndre, so we have as much of a need at PG as we do at Center. Both spots are manned by mediocrity, our only sore spot is at the 3.

I agree he would be a better fit offensively because Im not sure how Dwight/Blake would mesh on that end, but you would be crazy to pass up on Dwight. Hes got a longer and more dominant career ahead of him. And with Dwight, Blake becomes the greatest bargaining chip of all time.

If it didnt work out I would trade Blake for several pieces and build around Dwight.

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 12:03 PM
I'd love to see the clips secure one or both of Dwight and/or Paul. Too bad they've got such a douche of an owner so I seriously doubt it'll happen.

Doubt that matters to players. Which other team in the NBA affords them the opportunity to join without depleting the team completely. The Clippers are so loaded they can even get both without even considering trading Griffin in the process.

I would love to see them in the Clippers. That would be so good for the league and the fans

Chronz
11-29-2011, 12:03 PM
So? Deandre Jordan is young and has potential, Clippers have absolutely nobody at PG (Mo Williams is piss and Bledsoe is as good as my 3 week old pizza that I still have in my refrigerator for some reason).
Ive been the biggest Mo hater for years and I wouldnt call him piss. Dont get me wrong, I would rather keep DeAndre if I had to choose (because I have a hard on for his potential) but if given the choice between Dwight/CP3, I would much rather take Dwight and stick with Mo (the superior player currently)

Mo+Dwight > CP3+DeAndre

Chronz
11-29-2011, 12:05 PM
I'd love to see Paul with Gordon, Griffin, Jordan and Aminu.

Who could the Clipps unload Mo Williams on?

Amnesty or package him with Bledsoe to CHA/NOH/LALA

I dont think there are many teams with a need for a PG.

Chronz
11-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Even he couldnt **** this one up, its such a no brainer he lucked himself into. And we got 2 lottery picks next year, lmfao. We will rule the NBA

AlexTmz2
11-29-2011, 12:25 PM
CP3 lobbing it to Griffin! :speechless:

blahblahyoutoo
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Clippers need=PG. Obviously Dwight>>>>>>Deandre but Clippers don't need a center as much as they need a PG.

Get it?

i basically agree with you.
team > individual stardom and talent

same deal with knicks/melo last season. they would've been better off signing a good big instead of going for another one dimensional, ball hogging scorer, even if he is one of the best scorers in the league.

Napalm
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
As we all know anyone can throw lobs to Griffin.foye Bledsoe and mo can all handle that. Agree with chronz,Dwight and mo is greater then cp3and Jordan. Clippers future,Bledsoe Gordon Blake Dwight. Guaranteed big 3 and Bledsoe is already beastly young pg still growing. Oh me oh my!

Da Knicks
11-29-2011, 01:17 PM
i basically agree with you.
team > individual stardom and talent

same deal with knicks/melo last season. they would've been better off signing a good big instead of going for another one dimensional, ball hogging scorer, even if he is one of the best scorers in the league.

:facepalm: So the Heat should of passed up on Lebron and got a big by your thinking. Anytime you have a chance at a young superstar you do it no questions asked.

blahblahyoutoo
11-29-2011, 01:20 PM
:facepalm: So the Heat should of passed up on Lebron and got a big by your thinking. Anytime you have a chance at a young superstar you do it no questions asked.

yup, wade/bosh/howard > wade/bosh/james

and regurgitating statements you hear thrown around on espn doesn't mean it's right, nor does it make you sound smart.

Ebbs
11-29-2011, 01:41 PM
CP3 to LAC makes the most sense.

Paul
Gordon
Aminu
Griffin
Jordan

is pretty filthy.

Nyc4You
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Okay to clear things out. CP3 is not going to the clippers.

In an interview last season he said everything he does is driven by the desire to win. after that he went on and said "i dont wanna win years later, i wanna win NOW". he also said his decisions arent money driven. So you tell me... Would he want to go to the Clippers and Start to win in a couple of years? dont tell me he has blake and gordon. Cmon now they're in their first couple of years the league. Knicks or Lakers are his best choice. Most likely the knicks :D

blahblahyoutoo
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM

In an interview last season he said everything he does is driven by the desire to win. after that he went on and said "i dont wanna win years later, i wanna win NOW". he also said his decisions arent money driven. So you tell me... Would he want to go to the Clippers and Start to win in a couple of years? dont tell me he has blake and gordon. Cmon now they're in their first couple of years the league. Knicks or Lakers are his best choice. Most likely the knicks :D

is cp3/melo/stat + 2 unknowns + scrub bench really a "win now" situation?

sintaks12
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
It's as good as the Heats situation. You guys have to get over this idea that Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers are anything but scrub fillers.

JOSKOMANG4
11-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Hornets should just take a CP3 to Knicks for PG C.Billups, SF/SG L.Fields, & 2-future 1st rd picks.

Knicks lineup:

C- A'Mare/Turiaf
PF- S.Williams/Harrleson
SF- Melo/D/Brown/Balkman
SG- J.Richardson(MLE)/Walker/Shumpert
PG- CP3/Douglass/Rautins

- They can use the MLE to sign a quality center

5ass
11-29-2011, 04:47 PM
i always wondered why they call them "pipe dreams".. did it start with people smoking a pipe and then dreaming or what?

don'tfireNedCo
11-29-2011, 04:57 PM

we do have griffin and gordon.

add DJ and Ebled, maybe someday even AFA can be a real NBA player, why wouldnt CP3 want to play with young 20 somethings that can carry him well into his late 30s instead of having a 2-3 years of window of opportunity with the other LA team?:rolleyes:

blahblahyoutoo
11-29-2011, 05:00 PM
It's as good as the Heats situation. You guys have to get over this idea that Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers are anything but scrub fillers.

JA is a scrub but haslem is a bonafide starter on any team.

the comparison is not even close between the 2 teams' situations.

don'tfireNedCo
11-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Even he couldnt **** this one up, its such a no brainer he lucked himself into. And we got 2 lottery picks next year, lmfao. We will rule the NBA

lol chronie don't ever underestimate the slumlord-ness of DTS.

i just hope neil olhey has some pull on that old piece of ****.

sintaks12
11-29-2011, 05:32 PM

JA is a scrub but haslem is a bonafide starter on any team.

the comparison is not even close between the 2 teams' situations.

I didn't say Haslem... Ill give you Haslem. I actually like him quite a bit. Reminds me of an old school Oakley. I think their situations are very similar with the addition of CP3. Dont feel like bickering back and forth so lets just agree that if it goes down it will make for some interesting playoff games. I can see Dantoni wrapped around Lebron's ankle now :)

JordansBulls
11-29-2011, 05:42 PM
I'd like to see him with the Clippers actually.