PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Ryan??????

Isca92
11-29-2011, 01:09 AM
If the buzz on twitter is true, then Bobby Ryan is being shopped.

"Doing the oilers/predators game @RealKyper told by an nhl exec that ducks r shopping bobby ryan. Wow. 2 wins in 18.?

Daren Millard's twitter, for those who arent familiar with twitter that is Nick Kypreos, who is tagged in the post. Also, for those not big on twitter, Incarcerated Bob has said this before, which he is one to follow for all sports rumors.

If he is being shopped, thats a player I would love to see in Ranger Blue. Im not sure what would have to be offered to acquire him but not many I would say couldn't be offered for him. What do you guys think.

fingerbang
11-29-2011, 01:38 AM
They probably want some depth at forward to replace Selanne and a dman. Two forwards and a dman? Dubinsky/Kreider/Erixon +? Just throwing that out there.

Isca92
11-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Id prefer to keep Kreider and throw in Thomas as the high level prospect, just because of his chemistry shown with Stepan.

averymustgo
11-29-2011, 04:15 AM
Dubinsky for sure which I have no problem with. No Erixon. No Kreider. I would offer something like

Dubinsky, Thomas, Pashin and Boyle for Ryan and Koivu. I would like them to get a vet center who is a UFA to replace Boyle.

I think that is enough. Ryan is having a bad year and he's not a 30-30 guy. Dubinsky is better than him with intangibles. Pashin showed well in camp. Basically, you are giving them 4 guys who can play in the NHL. Can't expect more than that.

bsi
11-29-2011, 10:20 AM
I like Ryan, but we'd have to overpay to get him with everyone wanting his services, I just don't see it happening. If there's a trade to be made I'd looking at Toronto with Brian Burke there, he'll empty the cupboard for him or maybe New Jersey gives them Parise since he's got one year left, that's the type of return they'll be looking for Ryan. Everyone wants to give them a package of young players but Anaheim isn't rebuilding, they are playing for the now. They'll want quality players they can insert into the lineup right now, not 4 years from now. I also wouldn't be surprised if Ryan was shopped to get a goalie in a deal, maybe Iginla, Kipper, Bourque and a pick for Hiller and Ryan, or look to Vancouver for Schneider, or Lindback or even Enroth. Out of the whole league, there might be a dozen teams that wouldn't look at Ryan for one reason or the other, so to get him it's gonna be an overpayment IMO. I've always liked Ryan but there's just too much interest league wide and teams that haven't put together a winning record or are underachieving are desperate to make a change ie Carolina, Washinton, Calgary, Montreal etc etc.

BranWingss
11-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Dubinsky for sure which I have no problem with. No Erixon. No Kreider. I would offer something like

Dubinsky, Thomas, Pashin and Boyle for Ryan and Koivu. I would like them to get a vet center who is a UFA to replace Boyle.

I think that is enough. Ryan is having a bad year and he's not a 30-30 guy. Dubinsky is better than him with intangibles. Pashin showed well in camp. Basically, you are giving them 4 guys who can play in the NHL. Can't expect more than that.

Brandon Dubinsky is not better than Bobby Ryan. That's kind of a bad package.

BranWingss
11-29-2011, 10:36 AM
They probably want some depth at forward to replace Selanne and a dman. Two forwards and a dman? Dubinsky/Kreider/Erixon +? Just throwing that out there.

Bingo. Dubinsky's the perfect player. Young, and already a top six forward. That's the type of player that they'd be looking for IMO. Ryan's still super young. I don't see Mr. Ryan going anywhere.

Garden Faithful
11-29-2011, 12:46 PM
I doubt he ends up getting dealt, they have the best line in hockey with him on it and they won't get what they deserve unless someone like Burke just gives away players.

liltedspop
11-29-2011, 01:21 PM
For anybody to even suggest the Chris Krieder will be going in a trade anywhere is as foolish a statement as has been made on this site. Presently if he were playing in the league he would equate to the fastest players in the game. I personally told all of you about Carl Hagelin more than 2 years ago. The future of this team is Stepan centering Krieder & Hagelin. I would not include any of those players in any deals for any players that could become available including Bobby Ryan. They will all 3 mature together learn how to best suit each other & play as a solid line combination for the next 1o to 15 years.

I would say a more realistic attempt to get another scoring winger would be to either deal Brandon Dubinsky & poss Tim Erixon for Ryan, or wait to focus attention on Columbus & look to land Jeff Carter!

jetsfan89
11-29-2011, 01:26 PM
For anybody to even suggest the Chris Krieder will be going in a trade anywhere is as foolish a statement as has been made on this site. Presently if he were playing in the league he would equate to the fastest players in the game. I personally told all of you about Carl Hagelin more than 2 years ago. The future of this team is Stepan centering Krieder & Hagelin. I would not include any of those players in any deals for any players that could become available including Bobby Ryan. They will all 3 mature together learn how to best suit each other & play as a solid line combination for the next 1o to 15 years.

I would say a more realistic attempt to get another scoring winger would be to either deal Brandon Dubinsky & poss Tim Erixon for Ryan, or wait to focus attention on Columbus & look to land Jeff Carter!

Jeff Carter's not the type of player I'd want on this team, especially with his contract. On the other hand if Dubinsky and Erixon would get us Ryan I'd do it in a heart beat.

Isca92
11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
I have no problem giving up Dubinsky Erixon and a first. But noy sure if that would be enough. Anahiem may require more for him since theres most teams would put a proposal together for him. I would add alittle more depending on who they wanted and agree with ltp that kreider stepan hagelin should not be touched

bsi
11-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Dubinsky + Erixon does not come close considering what other more desperate teams would offer. Dubinsky has started with an off year and Erixon hasn't proven anything yet, they want players who are gonna help them now. I'd be surprised if Lamorello wasn't actively chasing this down as a way of maybe sending Parise to Anaheim in return for Ryan and maybe a pick considering Parise isn't signed beyond this year. For us, I think with the players we have coming up I'm comfortable staying the course. With that said, I think there's some players I would trade off this team and they'd be the obvious, Wolski, Christensen and I think I'd do a Boyle trade too. I just think that Boyle is gonna get bumped out by the Kreider's, Thomas's, Hagelin's of this team, and if we could add a decent D man with him I'd do it. The only way I'd intend to keep Boyle was if he fought more, because I don't see the guy using his size in any other way. For a guy his size he should be dominating play down low, but he's less effective down low than Prust, Callahan, Dubinsky and Stepan to name a few. Sell high I say, sell high.

nyanks79
11-29-2011, 02:49 PM
NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Source: Rangers have had preliminary talks with Anaheim about Bobby Ryan, level of interest, ability to make deal unclear...

Re Rangers and Ryan: could be proverbial "tire-kicking," could be more, but NYR wouldn't deal Stepan or McDonagh, among those off limits

Interesting but not getting my hopes up a ton.

nyr1980
11-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Price is always high for a premium forward.

Would you do Dubinsky, Erixon, Thomas, and a 1st round pick?

Reason I say that is as much as Anaheim might say they are not rebuilding, it will be hard for them to make up ground in the standings with the West being as competitive as it is.

bsi
11-29-2011, 03:25 PM
I knew they'd want one McDonagh....
NYR1980- I would do that deal, but I don't think Anaheim has to take that deal it's not gonna help them now , like I say they've got a good core there and are looking to make a run this year or next year, adding Erixon, Thomas and a first adds quality players 2-3 years down the road and I don't think that's what they are looking for. My prediction is a Parise for Ryan with a pick going back to NJ....I just feel that's the best deal for both teams, Anaheim adds some speed to their top line and NJ gets some size. But you never know, maybe Anaheim is gonna try and fill the holes that will be left behind when Koivu and Selanne retire and maybe they want young players, but for me I think they are eying this year before Selanne and Koivu retire.

nyr1980
11-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Bsi- if that is their logic, then they shouldn't't take a deal like that from the Rangers.

But either way, I think that logic is flawed.With 6 wins and 16 Pts Through 23 games, I think they are dreaming. The Blue Jackets are in the same situation and I don't think anyone believes they are a playoff team.

BranWingss
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Anaheim usually starts out really slow to be honest. I still don't really believe they're dealing him.

jetsfan89
11-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Anaheim usually starts out really slow to be honest. I still don't really believe they're dealing him.

they're 14th in the east though. its one thing to start out slow, its another thing to be close to last place.

all their talent it top heavy. they dont have enough scoring depth and their usually sturdy defense is soft now. Maybe they're not rebuilding, but they definitely need to shuffle around the pieces

BranWingss
11-29-2011, 05:29 PM
they're 14th in the east though. its one thing to start out slow, its another thing to be close to last place.

all their talent it top heavy. they dont have enough scoring depth and their usually sturdy defense is soft now. Maybe they're not rebuilding, but they definitely need to shuffle around the pieces

They've still been around here before, and trading their youngest star is very risky. Selanne could very well be gone after this season. It isn't just Ryan struggling. Perry and Getzlaf aren't exactly ripping it up. Like I mentioned, they've been in this spot before, and are known to be a very streaky team.

I don't like the idea of trading Ryan this soon, unless you get one hell of a package. Some of the deals people are talking about are pretty bad. He's a 2nd overall pick, and 23 years old. He's coming off a 70+ point season as well.

They do need depth though, so it does make some sense. They should only do it if they get a fantastic package back.

A young top four defenseman with high upside, a top six forward, a fringe top six forward who has a good upside, and a pick should do'er.

bsi
11-29-2011, 05:43 PM
They've still been around here before, and trading their youngest star is very risky. Selanne could very well be gone after this season. It isn't just Ryan struggling. Perry and Getzlaf aren't exactly ripping it up. Like I mentioned, they've been in this spot before, and are known to be a very streaky team.

I don't like the idea of trading Ryan this soon, unless you get one hell of a package. Some of the deals people are talking about are pretty bad. He's a 2nd overall pick, and 23 years old. He's coming off a 70+ point season as well.

They do need depth though, so it does make some sense. They should only do it if they get a fantastic package back.

A young top four defenseman with high upside, a top six forward, a fringe top six forward who has a good upside, and a pick should do'er.

Thats the thing I hate when people start making deals with other teams players, they throw a package together that only makes sense to one side. The packages people here are talking about aren't realistic especially for a guy pretty well everyone in the NHL would like to have. I was gonna name what teams would like to have him and I couldn't think of any team that couldn't use a 23 year old 70 point guy. He's either not getting traded or the team that takes him is gonna over pay IMO. Don't get me wrong, as a Ranger fan I'd love to have him, I just think with all the competition for him it'd take a lot more than I'd be comfortable giving, I just think we'd be taking a step backwards.

averymustgo
11-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Incorrect. The problem with the dumb posters at HF is they only look at one thing when evaluating a player. Offense. The bottom line is Dubinsky is a superior hockey player in every other part of the game except offense. I wouldn't say Ryan is one dimensional but he's close to it. There is a reason he's being shopped and it's not money. That's absurd. If he was a great, all around, power wing who was 30-30, he wouldn't be moved.

He's an offensive winger who is not great with intangibles. It shouldn't take much more than Dubinsky to get him. In other words, if you throw Dubinsky in the deal you should not offer another big time prospect or young player.

Also, one season of 70 points does not make you a 70 point player. This year he's a 40 point player up until this point. The one thing fans do consistently with trade offers is completely ignore defense, checking, sticking up for teammates, faceoff's, corner work, taking a hit to make a play, penalty killing ability and blocking shots.

fingerbang
11-29-2011, 06:15 PM

If you want a top team controlled power forward you're going to have to pony up and give them your big power forward prospect. Obviously, I don't want to trade Kreider but I'm trying to make a legitimate offer.

NYR_NYJ
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Man I would love to get Bobby Ryan here.

averymustgo
11-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Again, keep in mind that Ryan is not a good player with intangibles. So if you are trading an elite intangible player like Dubinsky who will net you 45 to 50 points, you aren't going to pay a lot more than him for Ryan who has had 70 points once and did it playing on a line with Perry and Getzlaf.

There isn't a shot in blazes the Ducks would get Kreider, McIlrath, Miller or Erixon back in the deal with Dubinsky. As I said before. The guys I believe the Rangers would put in a deal with Dubinsky are Thomas, Yogan, Pashin, Bourque, Boyle, ect.....

People are overrating Ryan because he was drafted 2 overall in the draft. Would you trade Callahan who was taken in the 4th round for Ryan right now? I wouldn't. Callahan is a better all around player. Would you trade Girardi for Ryan who wasn't even drafted? I wouldn't. Girardi is a better hockey player. As of right now, Ryan is a 30-30 wing who is not full of intangibles. You don't offer Dubinsky and a top prospect for that.

You don't trade on what you think Ryan might become. You trade for what he currently is. That doesn't deserve Dubinsky and a top prospect in the deal.

imbetterthanyou
11-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Again, keep in mind that Ryan is not a good player with intangibles. So if you are trading an elite intangible player like Dubinsky who will net you 45 to 50 points, you aren't going to pay a lot more than him for Ryan who has had 70 points once and did it playing on a line with Perry and Getzlaf.

There isn't a shot in blazes the Ducks would get Kreider, McIlrath, Miller or Erixon back in the deal with Dubinsky. As I said before. The guys I believe the Rangers would put in a deal with Dubinsky are Thomas, Yogan, Pashin, Bourque, Boyle, ect.....

People are overrating Ryan because he was drafted 2 overall in the draft. Would you trade Callahan who was taken in the 4th round for Ryan right now? I wouldn't. Callahan is a better all around player. Would you trade Girardi for Ryan who wasn't even drafted? I wouldn't. Girardi is a better hockey player. As of right now, Ryan is a 30-30 wing who is not full of intangibles. You don't offer Dubinsky and a top prospect for that.

You don't trade on what you think Ryan might become. You trade for what he currently is. That doesn't deserve Dubinsky and a top prospect in the deal.

Youre kidding me right? You've never heard of trading on potential? So all the dump the stars for prospects trades in the NHL aren't done on potential? at 24 years old Bobby Ryan has the POTENTIAL to be a lot better than he currently is. He's net 30 goals the past 3 years and point totals have increased each year. Intangibles? you're not a first line player on the Olympic team cause you can score and do nothing else. I would trade Dubinsky and a high level prospect not named Kreider pretty quickly. :facepalm:

Garden Faithful
11-30-2011, 11:19 AM

Of course you do, if someone offered you Crosby before he played a game in the nhl you would trade the anyone to get him on the assumption he was going to be great. If you have a 38 year old veteran who has had a great career and you get offered a 24 year old with increasing stats every year of his career then you take it without question. Potential is a huge part of a trade.

Youre kidding me right? You've never heard of trading on potential? So all the dump the stars for prospects trades in the NHL aren't done on potential? at 24 years old Bobby Ryan has the POTENTIAL to be a lot better than he currently is. He's net 30 goals the past 3 years and point totals have increased each year. Intangibles? you're not a first line player on the Olympic team cause you can score and do nothing else. I would trade Dubinsky and a high level prospect not named Kreider pretty quickly. :facepalm:

Furthermore Ryan has had better numbers than Dubinsky by a lot every year and I read that Ryan doesn't have the intangibles like defensive play. He is a plus 30 in his career as opposed to Dubinsky who is a plus 11 in his career. Now while that stat isn't the be all end all of 2 way statistics it is somewhat of an indicator. Honestly I don't want to trade Dubinsky but if Ryan is available I don't know that you can turn it down if provided we aren't giving up Krieder or Stepan or Mac.

wahjahka
11-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Pass. He sucks

imbetterthanyou
11-30-2011, 01:40 PM
"• The Bobby Ryan trade rumors continue to pick up credibility, and Ryan himself didn't exactly dismiss the possibility when he was asked about it by The Orange County Register's Eric Stephens. "I wouldn't be surprised," Ryan said. "That's all I'll say about that." Pierre LeBrun categorized the situation as the Ducks listening to offers for Ryan rather than shopping him but a source told LeBrun that it isn't just Ryan. "They're listening on a lot of guys. They have to at this point," the source said.

The Hurricanes and Rangers have been mentioned as possible destinations, although the price isn't cheap. LeBrun says it'll cost a package of a young defenseman, a young forward and a high draft pick."

If we could do this at Dubinsky Sauer and a 1st rounder, I kind of think thats a no brainer, considering the depth of defensive prospects we have. But I also think that Anaheim would demand Stepan & Sauer or Dubinsky & McDonagh plus the 1st rounder. I'd be a little leery of trading Stepan cause hes still in infant stages of development, and McDonagh absolutely not no way no how cause hes showing flashes of elite play. I just dont want to throw the kitchen sink at Anaheim. I would be Ok with Dubinsky, Sauer, 1st rounder and a B+ prospect though. Maybe thats reaching a bit much too.

fingerbang
11-30-2011, 03:32 PM

I really don't know what the hell you're talking about. Ryan hits and can kill penalties if you want him to. He's also much more gifted than Dubi in the offensive zone.

The players you believe the Rangers would include aren't big time prospects. The Ducks aren't going to downgrade just to snag an ok prospect. Just about every team in the league has a Ryan Bourque or Andrew Yogan in the system.

You're right, you trade for what he is... a 35 goal power forward under team control with a really reasonable contract.

nyr1980
11-30-2011, 03:51 PM
You're not paying Bobby Ryan for his defense and intangibles, anything you get there is gravy.

You pay him to put pucks in the net. If he does that, so long as he doesn't kill you in other areas, who gives a f@&$ what else he does.

nyr1980
11-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Obviously he's available and I love the thought of getting him, but I don't see him landing on Broadway anytime soon. It will cost a kings ransom and it looks like they want players versus prospects or picks. It would probably mean that in order to get him, you would have to give them pieces you couldn't replace.

nyr1980
11-30-2011, 04:24 PM
And if it is picks and prospects, figure that any deal will start with your best prospect and your 1st rounder and will progress from there. If I'm the one shopping him, I'm wanting more than just that.

averymustgo
11-30-2011, 06:09 PM
I really don't know what the hell you're talking about. Ryan hits and can kill penalties if you want him to. He's also much more gifted than Dubi in the offensive zone.

The players you believe the Rangers would include aren't big time prospects. The Ducks aren't going to downgrade just to snag an ok prospect. Just about every team in the league has a Ryan Bourque or Andrew Yogan in the system.

You're right, you trade for what he is... a 35 goal power forward under team control with a really reasonable contract.

Of course you don't know what I'm talking about because you lack common sense. Dude, get a clue. Do you really think the Ducks would trade a 24 year old power forward who had a great all around game? The fact you said he was a could be used on the PK proves you know NOTHING about this player. He can't kill penalties because he's not any good at it. Thus, why the Ducks rarely use him in games to kill penalties. I love when people just make up crap to argue. Use some common sense for once.

Garden Faithful
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Of course you don't know what I'm talking about because you lack common sense. Dude, get a clue. Do you really think the Ducks would trade a 24 year old power forward who had a great all around game? The fact you said he was a could be used on the PK proves you know NOTHING about this player. He can't kill penalties because he's not any good at it. Thus, why the Ducks rarely use him in games to kill penalties. I love when people just make up crap to argue. Use some common sense for once.

So no player like that has ever been traded? and btw to be honest why would the ducks trade a guy like him who is getting paid 5.1 a year for another 3.5 years and he's averaging around 35 goals a year which is more than the two other guys on his line (who are both older than him) although Perry had the great year last year.

fingerbang
11-30-2011, 06:43 PM

Bobby Ryan can kill a penalty if you really want him to and he has in the past. He doesn't kill penalties for the same reason Gaborik doesn't. He's on the ice to score.

dm30roto
11-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Honestly, saying Dubinsky is better then Ryan is lossing battle. Ryan is younger, 3x 30 goal scorer, 2x(almost 3) 60 point scorer, and as mentioned, as +33 career player. Dubinsky on the other hand has yet to break 25+ goals, a +11, and broke 50 points only once. Considering his contract in pretty manageable, I think there's no contest between the two.

It's likely Dubinsky is the better defensive player, penalty killer and what not, but as many have said, that's not what Ryan is paid to do. And really, that's not what Dubinsky is suppose to be doing. He's suppose to be providing more scoring then he is. I like him, but if he stays at only a 50 point player, I'd say he is some what a disappointment. Ryan Callahan has taken over as one of the Rangers best secondary scorers, making Dubinsky tradable.

Any trade not including the obvious off-limit guys (I think I'd exclude Sauer from this list if he's the only major dman included), it's worth it for Ryan.

On a side note, it's kind of a weird time to be making a trade for the rangers seeing as we have had 10 wins in the past 12.

imbetterthanyou
11-30-2011, 08:11 PM

Do you ever have anything constructive to say? Do you ever not act like a know-it-all? No wonder why everyone here dismisses your opinion so fast. Sweet man Dubinsky can kill penalties Dubinsky can put up 40+ points Dubinsky can give effort. 30 goal scorers dont grow on trees and its not like Bobby Ryan's work ethic has ever been in question. Hes a better compliment to whatever top line we would put him on than Dubinsky. We have a Dubinsky clone and guess what? He's BETTER than him. His name is Ryan Callahan. And to your earlier point, no you dont trade Callahan or Girardi for Bobby Ryan because of their worth and their worth to this specific team. But those arent the players in question. You ever think the Ducks have to trade a player because their team isnt good? They need to rebuild? You dont trade centers cause everyone knows you build from the middle so Getzlaf is out. You dont trade your reigning league MVP because well you don't so Perry is out. You dont trade Jonas Hiller because good goaltending is hard to come by. So hes out. So whos left on the Ducks will value...Bobby Ryan and not much else. Hell yeah I would trade for him. Give them Dubinsky for him. Ryans a great player 3x 30 goal scorer which if you havent checked the Rangers are middling the NHL in scoring so thats a NEED. Bobby Ryan was a 1st line Olympic player, where was Dubinsky on that team? dont tell me hes developing at that time cause Ryan was 22 years old. You know why Dubinsky didnt make it? Cause you can find a LOT of players like him. This isnt totally to demean Dubinsky cause while he isnt scoring hes a great role player, but hes a role player. Bobby Ryan is among the better goal scorers in this league. Bobby Ryan > Brandon Dubinsky and its not that close.

fingerbang
11-30-2011, 09:12 PM
According to John Boruk of our sister station CSN Philly a trade for Bobby Ryan appears to be imminent.

Boruk says that the Rangers appear to be the front runners and that a deal “could” be done by the end of the week.

Well things just heated up a little bit. The Ducks play at 10 tonight against Montreal so if Ryan is held out, we will know something is up.

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/11/30/buzz-bobby-ryan-trade-imminent/

Speculation is still just speculation.

Rangers in 7
11-30-2011, 09:23 PM
id love to acquire ryan, especially if krieder, mcd, and stepan arent leaving

fingerbang
11-30-2011, 09:30 PM
He's exactly the type of player that would fit into this system. I think this could really be happening.

fingerbang
11-30-2011, 09:58 PM
NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
My information is if Bobby Ryan is traded tonight he's not coming to New York.

bsi
11-30-2011, 09:58 PM
I'd love to have him, I'm scared of who is involved in the deal. If we are left with Richards, Gaborik, Callahan, Staal, Girardi, Stepan, Kreider, McIlrath Staal, Girardi, McDonagh and Lundqvist I'm ok with it, obviously I'd like to have Dubi around but if it means a Ryan deal I'd take it. I have a feeling a deal Sather would be comfortable with would be Anisimov or Dubinsky, DelZotto and Thomas. That gives them a top 6 forward, a possible top 4 D and a future player. I really don't know what we do for D in the mean time, but maybe they send someone back on D, I don't know. I'm nervous about a trade in the middle of our best hockey in well over a decade, and I'm also nervous about why the Ducks would trade away a 24 year old 30 goal scorer. Doesn't add up, but as many said this type of player at his age doesn't come around often.

nyr1980
11-30-2011, 10:15 PM
If they are getting him, it would be a awesome as long as they are not giving up on of the young dmen(excluding Sauer) off the roster. I hope Stepan is not in the deal either.

I'd be ok with Kreider going the other way too. When it comes to young player, I'll take the proven guy over the prospect every time, as long as the prospect isn't a generational talent, which by all accounts Kreider is not.

J4KOP99
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Glen... please do not do anything stupid. please. I beg you.

nyr1980
11-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Amen. Hope that if he pulls this off, which I think is a long shot, that he's able to do it without creating another hole he can't fill.

Foge7
12-01-2011, 12:26 AM
He could be just want we need to complete our top line. I'd move zuc, maybe anisimov and some picks but if it came down to giving up dubi, i'd be hestitant.

Isca92
12-01-2011, 01:16 AM
To fit in the cap there has to be almost the same amount of money going both ways. I think Dubi, Erixon, and a first should be able to get it done, however if a bidding war goes on it could go higher. I'd even through in a Borque or Thomas if it came down to it. I have no problem sending Erixon cause there is no room for him once you add Staal and McIlrath to the top 4 D.

averymustgo
12-01-2011, 04:14 AM
People continue to make insane demands in trades for players. Joe Thornton was a much better player when he got dealt. He brought back Wayne Primeau, Brad Stuart and Marco Sturm.

Heatley who was a much better player than Ryan brought back Michalek, Cheechoo who had already started stinking and a second round pick when the Sens dealt him.

Bouwmeester who the whole league liked at that time only brought back Leopold and a 3rd round pick.

I'll give you a similar player value wise to Ryan who was dealt. Nathan Horton. He brought back Wideman who stinks, a first round pick and Forbort who they already got rid of in another trade.

People fail to realize that players with big contracts almost always carry less trade value.

nyr1980
12-01-2011, 11:18 AM
With the Ducks firing Carlyle and hiring Boudreau last night, a big trade seems less likely now. The coaching change is the shake up.

Garden Faithful
12-01-2011, 01:36 PM
People continue to make insane demands in trades for players. Joe Thornton was a much better player when he got dealt. He brought back Wayne Primeau, Brad Stuart and Marco Sturm.

Heatley who was a much better player than Ryan brought back Michalek, Cheechoo who had already started stinking and a second round pick when the Sens dealt him.

Bouwmeester who the whole league liked at that time only brought back Leopold and a 3rd round pick.

I'll give you a similar player value wise to Ryan who was dealt. Nathan Horton. He brought back Wideman who stinks, a first round pick and Forbort who they already got rid of in another trade.

People fail to realize that players with big contracts almost always carry less trade value.

Thornton and Heatley were because they were getting rid of those players to change the direction of the organization so they were just trying to get what they could. Bouwmeester was only traded for that because he was a deadline deal and his contract was up at the end of the year so in a sense he was a rental although he ended up signing. And the big contract thing doesn't apply to a guy only making 5 million a year, if he came to our team he would be the 4th highest paid player not the highest. He doesnt even crack the top 70 in terms of cap hit per year in the league so its not like he's commanding huge money its actually a bargain that the ducks got for all the players on that line.

fingerbang
12-01-2011, 02:05 PM
With the Ducks firing Carlyle and hiring Boudreau last night, a big trade seems less likely now. The coaching change is the shake up.

Murray's still the GM. I doubt the coaching change was that spontaneous. Ryan's been shopped publicly for a little while now. I just don't think Boudreau has the authority to come to Anaheim and pull Ryan off the trade block. I still expect to see a trade.

fingerbang
12-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Heatley was sleeping with Jason Spezza's wife lol.

fingerbang
12-01-2011, 02:31 PM
As far as Thornton goes, the Bruins legitimately thought Stuart was one of the best defenseman in the league at the time. Obviously in hindsight the trade looks stupid but they thought they were getting back a lot of value. Sturm also had some decent value back then.

nyr1980
12-01-2011, 03:46 PM
BostOn was struggling mightily at the time of the Thornton deal and he was the butt of that criticism. Heatley asked out in Ottawa. And Bouwmeester was dealt because of his pending free agency. Different situations then the one with Bobby Ryan.

jetsfan89
12-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Nick Kypreos (Posted to twitter 8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®): #Ducks GM Bob Murray has assured Bobby Ryan he is off #NHL trading market today. Also told Ryan's desire to be moved is no longer an issue.

fingerbang
12-01-2011, 05:58 PM
It's funny that Ryan didn't want to play for a Stanley Cup winning coach but he's fine with Bruce Boudreau.

averymustgo
12-02-2011, 07:41 AM
It's probably more that the moron Ducks asked for the world for a 24 year old kid making over 5 million who will be a UFA soon and that has had 1 year of 70 points playing with 2 great players, and other teams told them to take a flying leap.:)

bsi
12-02-2011, 12:11 PM
It's funny that Ryan didn't want to play for a Stanley Cup winning coach but he's fine with Bruce Boudreau.

Carlyle has been known to be hard on the players, I don't know that Boudreau is gonna be a breath of fresh air but some of the players might just be sick of Carlyle and lost faith in a system that wasn't working. Just a thought.

Garden Faithful
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
It's probably more that the moron Ducks asked for the world for a 24 year old kid making over 5 million who will be a UFA soon and that has had 1 year of 70 points playing with 2 great players, and other teams told them to take a flying leap.:)

He has three more years on his contract and he has increased his point totals every year.

HFDWhalers94
12-06-2011, 09:11 PM
I wish somehow the possibility of getting bobby ryan would be possible . . . We are really nasty right now but adding him would be icing on the cake !

averymustgo
12-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Missed he signed an extension. However, that really only makes it worse. He's basically signed for 5.5 over a decent amount of years and he's had 1, 70 point season. Ryan is not a star. He's a good scorer. If this team was going to spend that kind of money and trade a lot of assets, I'd take Nash over Ryan 1000 times in a row.

nyr1980
12-07-2011, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't turn my nose up at either of them. But it is a much bigger commitment with Nash. His deal is 3 years longer, carries a cap hit that is considerably larger, and he's 27 with a deal that goes until he's 35. That's a lot to take on.

bsi
12-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Neither one will be moved in my opinion, the coach was changed in Anaheim to negate this happening, it would have been a GM's suicide had he traded him for anything less than what he had in Ryan.

Garden Faithful
12-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Missed he signed an extension. However, that really only makes it worse. He's basically signed for 5.5 over a decent amount of years and he's had 1, 70 point season. Ryan is not a star. He's a good scorer. If this team was going to spend that kind of money and trade a lot of assets, I'd take Nash over Ryan 1000 times in a row.

I'm not sure why since Rick Nash has only had 1 70 point season in his career and he would be the highest paid player on our team if we got him. Bobby Ryan puts up the same amount of points and gets paid almost 3 mil less than Nash and he's younger. Plus Nash is signed for another 7 years so if it doesn't work out we're stuck in a situation with a huge cap hit that isn't worth it.