PDA

View Full Version : Biedrins Not An Amnesty Candidate

robbnen#31
11-28-2011, 10:39 PM
"The Warriors say they're not considering an amnesty for Biedrins. Instead, they want to make a push to acquire a big man, such as Tyson Chandler, Samuel Dalembert, Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan or Nene."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/11/27/SPJ01M4RTV.DTL

I usually would combine this with one of the other threads, but I figured why not start a new one since there hasn't been much activity in here due to the lockout. Not sure how credible the sources are, but Rusty Simmons made this report. It sounds like the Warriors are either going to actually use this on Bell, Lacob is going to pony up the money to go in to the luxury tax, or we sign a mediocre center and save the amnesty clause for next year.

likemystylez
11-28-2011, 10:43 PM
wouldnt unloading beidrins contract be the first step in acquiring one of those big names??

robbnen#31
11-28-2011, 11:09 PM
That's what I would think. By the way the link is fixed now.

Lloyd Christmas
11-29-2011, 01:13 AM
Weak sauce

Leandres_sf
11-29-2011, 01:20 AM
Are we to assume using the amnesty on Bell will give us enough space to sign Chandler, Gasol or Nene? I don't think I really understand how the amnesty works... :confused:

likemystylez
11-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Are we to assume using the amnesty on Bell will give us enough space to sign Chandler, Gasol or Nene? I don't think I really understand how the amnesty works... :confused:

it may give us enough space to sign one of those players, but ... then the warriors have 3 big men eating a ton of their cap space in Beidrins, Lee, and nene/Gasol/ Chandler.

Also- if we just unload bell, it wont free up THAt much money if the team wanted to make some other additions (perhaps a backup wing player, or an additional backup 4... or heck maybe both.

As of now I see Klay thompson taking over reggie williams rotation spot and jenkins taking over Acie Laws (although Lin and Jenkins might have some competition in training camp... my money is on jenkins)

Ive been listening to the writers in the bay area on the KNBR website, and everyone is saying that Lacob is more excited to make some things happen than any owner in the league right now.... I am praying that they go into this prepared.

Also december 9th to december 15th or so is going to be an absolute riot in terms of player movement... if there is anything to get the fansd attention it will be a speed round of free agency.

Monta is beast
11-29-2011, 01:32 AM

Basically you cut a player and the other teams bid on that player, and the highest bidder get's the player. The team that cuts the player pays the remaining of the contract.

likemystylez
11-29-2011, 01:35 AM
Basically you cut a player and the other teams bid on that player, and the highest bidder get's the player. The team that cuts the player pays the remaining of the contract.

most importantly, the cut players salary is not counting against the teams cap in any way shape or form. it completely voids a bad contract.

charlie bell is a bum, but his contract isnt killing us and it is expiring so we might even be able to get some value for it via trade package.

COOLbeans
11-29-2011, 01:54 AM
wouldnt unloading beidrins contract be the first step in acquiring one of those big names??

maybe lacob and gruber arent going to be scared about going into the luxury tax for the next two years as somebody else mentioned. they shouldnt be shy about pulling the trigger for the next season or two and eat another large contract based on whats rumored about the new cba and the restrictions placed on new contracts.

likemystylez
11-29-2011, 01:56 AM
maybe lacob and gruber arent going to be scared about going into the luxury tax for the next two years as somebody else mentioned. they shouldnt be shy about pulling the trigger for the next season or two and eat another large contract based on whats rumored about the new cba and all the restrictions placed on new contracts.

possibly

COOLbeans
11-29-2011, 02:09 AM
possibly

there is a real issue of trust here for the new franchise and whether or not the ownership can compete with the superior negotiators and GMs in the rest of the league. Riley is under pressure no doubt. West needs to come through. but Lacob is the one making decisions, Riley is sometimes an afterthought.

Lloyd Christmas
11-29-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm pretty skeptical about this. If Lacob actually uses the clause on Bell I will see this as a cheap way to show he tried to create the space to sign someone. And when no big man signs here he will say, "I cant force players to sign here. All i can do is create the cap space to make signing someone a possibilty".

Cutting Biedrins is the most obvious move. Lacob would just rather eat 4 mil in cap space then eat the 27 mil. Also using this clause on Bell now would take away all fan pressure in the future to use the clause on Lee. Can you imagine Lacob actually eating 50+ mil?

Sorry for the pesimism fellas. Stylez must be rubbing off on me (no homo).

likemystylez
11-29-2011, 02:31 AM
I'm pretty skeptical about this. If Lacob actually uses the clause on Bell I will see this as a cheap way to show he tried to create the space to sign someone. And when no big man signs here he will say, "I cant force players to sign here. All i can do is create the cap space to make signing someone a possibilty".

Cutting Biedrins is the most obvious move. Lacob would just rather eat 4 mil in cap space then eat the 27 mil. Also using this clause on Bell now would take away all fan pressure in the future to use the clause on Lee. Can you imagine Lacob actually eating 50+ mil?

Sorry for the pesimism fellas. Stylez must be rubbing off on me (no homo).

I would rather them wait on it than use it on Bell. Nothing lacob has done would indicate that he is afraid to spend money in order to get what he wants done.... so I dont see him not waiving beidrins JUST because he wants to save money.

This is why the front office needs to be prepared. If they unload beidrins than they are going to have to have a sure thing coming in. If they sit on it and dont unload anybody or unload charlie bell... then it will be a failure. I dont think they are allowed to just go from under the cap to over the cap in one signing.

Lloyd Christmas
11-29-2011, 02:44 AM
I would rather them wait on it than use it on Bell. Nothing lacob has done would indicate that he is afraid to spend money in order to get what he wants done.... so I dont see him not waiving beidrins JUST because he wants to save money.

This is why the front office needs to be prepared. If they unload beidrins than they are going to have to have a sure thing coming in. If they sit on it and dont unload anybody or unload charlie bell... then it will be a failure. I dont think they are allowed to just go from under the cap to over the cap in one signing.

Well that would be the smart thing to do. I pray that's what we are doing. Please Nene... sign here...

BlazeIlluminati
11-29-2011, 07:30 AM
I think i might be one of the few that likes Marc Gasol over Nene. Think their both great, but if i had my choice, i'd think i'd sign Gasol over Nene (both should prob command similar $)

Monta is beast
11-29-2011, 09:36 AM
I think i might be one of the few that likes Marc Gasol over Nene. Think their both great, but if i had my choice, i'd think i'd sign Gasol over Nene (both should prob command similar $)

I would rather sign Deandre Jordan. He's cheaper, better defensively, and younger.

willsayanything
11-29-2011, 01:50 PM
I like keeping Andris, he might do ok. Better than paying him to go and watching him make the all-star team, as W tradition would suggest. But if a guy who is paid to play ball can't teach himself to hit a free throw in 5 years....??? But then again, I should think how it would be to learn free throws with a volley ball, shooting at an 8' basket.

Nene MIGHT be a good signing, but i'm suspicious of his motor, thinking a fat contract will put him in neutral for good. Prefer Marc Gasol. DeAndre Jordan would be awsome!

likemystylez
11-29-2011, 03:17 PM
I like keeping Andris, he might do ok. Better than paying him to go and watching him make the all-star team, as W tradition would suggest. But if a guy who is paid to play ball can't teach himself to hit a free throw in 5 years....??? But then again, I should think how it would be to learn free throws with a volley ball, shooting at an 8' basket.

Nene MIGHT be a good signing, but i'm suspicious of his motor, thinking a fat contract will put him in neutral for good. Prefer Marc Gasol. DeAndre Jordan would be awsome!

LOL so back up. YOu want to keep beidrins and hope he starts playing ok again... and pass on the opportunity to get Nene because he might not have a good motor? Interesting how people's minds work.

likemystylez
11-29-2011, 03:18 PM
I would rather sign Deandre Jordan. He's cheaper, better defensively, and younger.

how do you know deandre jordan is cheaper??? LOl the free agency hasnt happened yet.

Leandres_sf
11-29-2011, 07:26 PM

So Beidrins would end up still costing a fortune. I know it wouldn't count against the cap, but it would end up being a lot of dough to have the guy play for another team. I guess we'll see how committed Lacob is to putting the best team on the court!

likemystylez
11-29-2011, 07:32 PM
So Beidrins would end up still costing a fortune. I know it wouldn't count against the cap, but it would end up being a lot of dough to have the guy play for another team. I guess we'll see how committed Lacob is to putting the best team on the court!

the owners were willing to lose a couple hundred million by carrying out the lockout this long... LOL it makes no sense to get stingy with the 18 million over the next 2 yrs to let beidrins go.... especially if its our only way to make some serious moves this summer.

TrueFan420
11-29-2011, 09:17 PM
i think they dont want to cut beans cause they dont think they have a legit chance at any of the centers they named and if thats the case and we cut him then we are left with no real centers on the roster

likemystylez
11-29-2011, 09:21 PM
i think they dont want to cut beans cause they dont think they have a legit chance at any of the centers they named and if thats the case and we cut him then we are left with no real centers on the roster

so what your saying is there really no worse off? Id rather try and run Udoh at center then watch beidrins out there for 9 million a year.

robbnen#31
11-29-2011, 09:28 PM

With potentially inflated stats as apart of playing beside Blake Griffin.

SugeKnight
11-30-2011, 06:07 AM
They better amnesty biedrins. Using it on bell or lee would be ********.

Klay Thompson, Udoh, Bell and 2 firsts for Dwight

BlazeIlluminati
11-30-2011, 06:20 AM
They better amnesty biedrins. Using it on bell or lee would be ********.

Klay Thompson, Udoh, Bell and 2 firsts for Dwight

^ that might work in NBA2K11, but it aint going to work in the real world

Monta is beast
11-30-2011, 06:58 AM
how do you know deandre jordan is cheaper??? LOl the free agency hasnt happened yet.

Nene is the best free agent on the market, Jordan is not going to get anywhere near what Nene is going to get.

Monta is beast
11-30-2011, 06:59 AM

The dude is tough as nails, athletic, good defensively, stout, and young.

likemystylez
11-30-2011, 11:18 AM

Yeah, I wouldnt expect or require 20 points a game or anything out of DeAndre Jordan. If he could get some boards, block some shots and get a few strong putbacks a game....he would be fine in the warriors line up.

SluggeR
11-30-2011, 02:46 PM
I think Nene & Lee would compliment one another very well. Cutting Biedrins only makes sense. It's reported that Nene wants to sign with a contender. Do you guys think he would view the Warriors as contenders?

TrueFan420
11-30-2011, 03:28 PM
so what your saying is there really no worse off? Id rather try and run Udoh at center then watch beidrins out there for 9 million a year.

dont get me wrong i agree but i think that is their thought process

Lloyd Christmas
11-30-2011, 03:45 PM
I think Nene & Lee would compliment one another very well. Cutting Biedrins only makes sense. It's reported that Nene wants to sign with a contender. Do you guys think he would view the Warriors as contenders?

Good question. I remember in an interview Lee said he turned down more money to sign with us because he viewed us as a contender. Maybe whoever convinced Lee of this will do the same with Nene.:shrug:

Joe505
11-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Curry
Ellis
Nene
Lee
Wright
That's a contender. Amnesty Biedrins, sign Nene. Or just pay the luxury. I have a good feeling about the big talk coming out of the new regime.

Scoots
11-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Just Nene isn't enough, Nene, Biedrins, and Udoh at C might be enough ... It would be nice to get Gasol though wouldn't it?

Lloyd Christmas
11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
It would be nice to get Gasol though wouldn't it?

Yes it would.

K.O. TeamSQ
11-30-2011, 06:36 PM
I heard Steinmetz talking this morning about how the FO thinks they can trade Beans and putting the amnesty on Lee would be better. Plus, we're not gonna have to eat all of Lee's 60mil contract, he will be put into a draft and which ever team has the highest bid can sign him. So, whatever his new contract is, we pay the difference. For example, if his new team signs him to 5yrs 30mil, we're on the hook for the other 30mil. The best part is the whole 60mil is off the books...

Scoots
11-30-2011, 08:47 PM
That's the amnesty deal, but the offers can only come from teams under the cap, and because he's an amnesty the bids won't be high

robbnen#31
11-30-2011, 09:13 PM
I heard Steinmetz talking this morning about how the FO thinks they can trade Beans and putting the amnesty on Lee would be better. Plus, we're not gonna have to eat all of Lee's 60mil contract, he will be put into a draft and which ever team has the highest bid can sign him. So, whatever his new contract is, we pay the difference. For example, if his new team signs him to 5yrs 30mil, we're on the hook for the other 30mil. The best part is the whole 60mil is off the books...

I saw a rumor earlier that the Knicks could be interested in Biedrins, although I don't know why considering that they have interest in Paul and other big names to pair with Melo and Amare.

That's the amnesty deal, but the offers can only come from teams under the cap, and because he's an amnesty the bids won't be high

Just because he is an amnesty guy it doesn't mean that teams won't be trying to outbid each other to get him.

Bayareaboy
11-30-2011, 11:17 PM
I was looking at the nba free agent tracker today and saw something pretty interesting. Bell has something in his contract that says he can b cut but still get paid a percentage of what's left on his contract. So we can cut bell without amnesty. Plus we can amnesty beans or lee. And free up alot of room.

Also I'm not sold on nene that's all everyone is talking about besides gasol. Me personally I want gasol but Honestly I'd like this team to go get Tyson chandler. He's only 28 7'2 bug big defensive guy for us which is hat this team needs. We don't need points we need defense and boards. Then depending on how much he costs us FO after dalembert or a second tier C.

MackShock
11-30-2011, 11:21 PM

Regardless whether the Warriors are contenders or not, it was reported that Nene is considering coming to the Warriors. I mean, we are on the up and up, not like we're a horrible team. We're a decent team. Which contender will he go to that can sign him to a big deal?

Scoots
12-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Just because he is an amnesty guy it doesn't mean that teams won't be trying to outbid each other to get him.

No, but it does mean that he won't get "fair market value", and that because only under the cap teams can bid that the market is much smaller, and because the teams under the cap can't bid more than they can spend under the cap those under the cap teams are limited by available funds, and not all of them will be interested which lowers the likely contract, and the bidding processes is not multiple passes but is rather submit your bid and the highest one gets him, meaning if 3 teams are interested one team could bid $1M per, another $2M and another $3M all as 1 year deals and the Ws are then still on the hook for $65M.

I just don't see Lee getting $35M or $40M out of a rigged process to teach the teams to be fiscally responsible. Actually, since it doesn't violate the CBA as I understand it, the under the cap teams could all agree to offer no more than $10.00 (not millions, dollars) to any player if they wanted to.

djeller1139
12-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Chandler or Nene would be awesome. Don't care which one, I'd be stoked with either.