PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Time Redraft voting #6 Rockets @ #2 Kings

Ebbs
11-28-2011, 04:54 PM
NBA All Time Redraft Voting!

The following teams have been assembled and are now playing each other in a fantasy first round match up. For this game please assume that all players are in their primes and playing at the top of their game. Injuries are not a factor for this game as every single player is playing at his best.

Please take the time to read the write ups and put some thought into your vote as many of the GMís in this spent a lot of time on this game.

No this obviously isnít real.

If you think itís stupid go to another thread.

Other than that have fun and argue for whom you believe has the better team.

Sacramento Kings

Depth Chart:
PG: Magic Johnson || Nate McMillan || Kenny Smith
SG: Byron Scott || Nate McMillan
SF: Doug Christie || Rashard Lewis || Rudy Tomjanovich
PF: Karl Malone || Anthony Mason
C:Yao Ming || Al Jefferson || Alvan Adams

Vs.

Houston Rockets

Depth Chart:
PG: Walt Frazier (38) / Kirk Hinrich (10) / Mo Williams
SG: Michael Cooper (32) / Kirk Hinrich (10) / Don Chaney (6)
SF: Dominique Wilkins (38) / Lamar Odom (10) / Antoine Walker
PF: Lamar Odom (22) / Otis Thorpe (20) / Christian Laettner (6)
C: Robert Parish (34) / Brad Miller (10) / Otis Thorpe (4) [/FONT]

Sacramento Kings Write-up

Depth Chart:
PG: Magic Johnson || Nate McMillan || Kenny Smith
SG: Byron Scott || Nate McMillan
SF: Doug Christie || Rashard Lewis || Rudy Tomjanovich
PF: Karl Malone || Anthony Mason
C:Yao Ming || Al Jefferson || Alvan Adams

First off, Congrats to MBT for advancing to the 2nd round. He beat an extremely talented Muskies squad, but his playoff journey ends in Sacramento. I still fully expect a hard-fought battle and wish him luck.
There are a few main points Iíd like to immediately bring to your attention:
1. Magic Johnson+ Karl Malone duo- Pairing these two together gives me a distinct advantage over any team in the redraft. The PnR and PnP game these two who develop would be flat out unfair to play against and would dominate the transition game. Having 2 of arguably the 5 greatest offensive players ever whoís game compliments each other perfectly will be a difficult task to stop

2. Offensive Versatility: What makes this team so dangerous is how strongly we can play all aspects of offensive basketball. Magic Johnson is one of the greatest transition players ever (if not the best) and he has plenty of guys who can run with him in Malone, Scott and Christie. My opponent will likely try and point out that Yao does not fit this transition game; however every championship caliber club has to be able to play half-court offense. Yao Ming is statistically a top 10 C offensively and with the amount of weapons Magic has around him (Malone, Yao, Scott with Shard Lewis, Anthony Mason and Al Jeff) thereís simply no team in this redraft that can stop us offensively. Not to mention, the average Free throw % of my starting 5 is above 80% which certainly should not be overlooked.

Offense:
For this series, we decided to change up our starting lineup. Byron Scott will be inserted into the starting SG position and Christie will be on Dominique Wilkins the whole game. With Magic having his old running mate back in the starting lineup, the offense becomes even more explosive than before. While there are some great match-ups in this series, the one we want to expose is Lamar Odom on Karl Malone. Itís flat out a huge mismatch in our favor that he simply canít defend against; as Parish will have his hands full containing Yao. Magic is of course the key factor in this series along with Malone. Although Walt is a great defensive PG, he will run into the same problems that Rondo did the last series. 1, heís never had to defend against a player of Magicís caliber and 2, Magic is one of those offensive players who is near impossible to slow down. Other than Malone getting more looks than usual, the offense will remain the same as the last series. Weíll run a pick-n-roll and pick-n-pop game with Magic and Malone and use Yao as the 3rd option as another dominant low-post threat. With so much attention being paid to those 3, Byron Scott will have a field day and have open looks all game long

Defense:
The goal of our defense is simple: Make Michael Cooper and Lamar Odom beat us. Part of this plan is keeping Christie on Wilkins to slow him down. Christie is the exact same weight as Wilkins and only 1 inch shorter which leads me to believe that Christie will be more than capable of limiting Wilkins. Still, despite Magic, Christie and Yao being excellent defenders, we plan to help off Cooper and Odom to slow down Frazier, Wilkins and Parish. Yao is one of the more underrated defensive players in general of our era as he is as good a defensive anchor as any. His 99 Drtg over the course of his career ranks 31 all time and his size makes it difficult for anyone to get easy baskets against him. We feel like we can contain there big 3 defensively which gives us a major advantage.

Conclusion
The Rockets are a great team, but they simply canít keep up with the Kings on offense. Malone will flat out dominant this series and he can expect to have a lot of 1 on 1 matchups against Odom as Parish wonít be able to leave Yao. Adding Byron Scott to the starting 5 gives Magic a familiar target and Scottís most productive years came when he was running with Magic. Letís not forget the effect Magic has on teammates either; his presence alone raises the game of everyone on the court to an extremely high level. On defense, the plan to limit their big 3 offensively and make Cooper and Odom make shots is a risk we are more than willing to take. Overall, this should be a fun series with the Kings coming out victorious in 6 games.

Ebbs
11-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I'll wait til MBT gets on and says something before I vote.

Eagles4Lyfe
11-28-2011, 05:28 PM
same

DLeeicious
11-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Wow the Kings are beyond stacked. Great job by that gm

The_Jamal
11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Wow the Kings are beyond stacked. Great job by that gm

;):cool:

The_Jamal
11-28-2011, 08:45 PM
bump

Lucky.
11-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Waiting for MBT..

xbrackattackx
11-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Man, no write up, something must be up in mbt life. Great first round both of you!

unleashthebeast
11-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Yeah I will wait for MBT

The_Jamal
11-28-2011, 11:40 PM
I've never seen anyone wait for a write-up from someone lolz

Eagles4Lyfe
11-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Why not?? It's always good to hear both sides isn't that the whole point of this to see peoples strategic and caoching moves before voting?? I sure as hell wouldn't like spending hours on a game then have people judge by themselves without any help from my arguing.

Sadds The Gr8
11-29-2011, 02:31 AM
Why not?? It's always good to hear both sides isn't that the whole point of this to see peoples strategic and caoching moves before voting?? I sure as hell wouldn't like spending hours on a game then have people judge by themselves without any help from my arguing.

well he's done anyways i doubt he comes back from 15-3.

PatsSoxKnicks
11-29-2011, 02:39 AM
well he's done anyways i doubt he comes back from 15-3.

That sucks for him. His write-up is probably the reason he beat the Muskies but to not get it in has pretty much killed any shot he had at pulling off the upset.

I'm still waiting for him to make his case but it sounds like many others just went ahead and voted.

The_Jamal
11-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Since i'm cool... bump

Ebbs
11-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Yea he took to long. I wanted to see an epic battle but in all seriousness Malone vs. Odom is the death of him.

I also think Magic is such a huge damn matchup nightmare for every team.

The_Jamal
11-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Yea he took to long. I wanted to see an epic battle but in all seriousness Malone vs. Odom is the death of him.

I also think Magic is such a huge damn matchup nightmare for every team.

No doubt. It prolly would have been a bit closer if he had been here to argue, but there's no overcoming such a mismatch as Malone on Odom

Sadds The Gr8
11-29-2011, 02:26 PM
this wouldn't have been close anyways.

ShakeN'Bake
11-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Kings

mightybosstone
11-30-2011, 04:52 PM
I, unfortunately, did not have time to argue this properly, but I feel like the Kings would have won regardless. Congrats on the victory, Jamal. Although, I still think my team is legitimately better...

PatsSoxKnicks
11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
I, unfortunately, did not have time to argue this properly, but I feel like the Kings would have won regardless. Congrats on the victory, Jamal. Although, I still think my team is legitimately better...

Regardless of whether he won or not, I'd like to hear you make your case for why you think your team is better.

PatsSoxKnicks
11-30-2011, 05:45 PM
this wouldn't have been close anyways.

BTW, why did you vote in the GM section? You weren't Jamal's Co....

mightybosstone
11-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Regardless of whether he won or not, I'd like to hear you make your case for why you think your team is better.

In a nutshell, it's a combination of matchups, offensive flow and postseason prowess. Defensively, I could put Cooper on Magic (whom he played with his entire career) and slide Frazier over to Christie. People will say Malone dominates Odom, but why? Sure, statistically he's a superior player in every way, but if you think Malone is going to put up 25/10 every night against Odom or that Odom will be completely shut down offensively, you're an idiot. And then there's the whole "Malone sucked in the postseason more than any top 25 all-time player by a wide margin" argument and the fact that I had guys who stepped up their games in the postseason (13 rings among my starters), which clearly gives me an edge.

I also would have really focused on the Nique/Shard matchup. They've got an oversized, average defender guarding one of the most explosive penetrators and scorers in NBA history, and on the other end, I'm not nearly as worried about Shard's spot shooting. Throw all that in with the "Magic isn't nearly as valuable without guys who can run and Shard, Malone and Yao thrive in a half-court offense" point, and I think the Kings are a tad overrated. Still, I take nothing away from Jamal, I wish I had had time to take this more seriously and I don't think I would have had a chance anyway because of the popularity of Magic/Malone.

jimbobjarree
11-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Kings for the 'ship