PDA

View Full Version : Kwame may be making his way to the big apple

spreadeagle
11-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Classic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PP4RT-vv-o
Free agent priority No. 1 for the Knicks — maintain projected cap space for next summer so they can try to bring in one more star player (cough* Chris Paul *cough).

Priority No. 2: find a big defensive minded center, but one will take a one-year deal as not to screw up priority No. 1.

That leaves a pretty unimpressive list. One filled with names like Kwame Brown. Yes Knick fans, Kwame. You’re not going to like it but that’s what you’ll get, according to a list suggested by Marc Berman at the New York Post.

The lockout began July 1 and ended at 3:30 a.m. yesterday with the Knicks having the same grave need for a big, defensive center. With one-year deals at their disposal, it makes their center wish list — as first reported by The Post — rather modest, including veterans Kurt Thomas, Kwame Brown, Tony Battie, Theo Ratliff and Aaron Gray.

Thing is, of that list Brown may be the best choice.

Brown can defend opposing big men one-on-one pretty well. He’s got a big body and can use it when given focused tasks. He’ll be handy against Dwight Howard. If you want good help rotations against the slashing LeBron James or Derrick Rose, or if you want offense, Kwame is not your guy.

If I were the Knicks, I’d make a run at longtime Pacer Jeff Foster. Much better fit on a one-year deal.

But if the choice is Kwame or Theo Ratliff… well, that just doesn’t bode all that well for the Knicks season.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/28/are-the-knicks-considering-kwame-brown-apparently/related/

MrfadeawayJB
11-28-2011, 02:07 PM
it makes their center wish list — as first reported by The Post — rather modest, including veterans Kurt Thomas, Kwame Brown, Tony Battie, Theo Ratliff and Aaron Gray.

:laugh:

:laugh2: lmao

CousinsEvansDUO
11-28-2011, 02:07 PM
The Knicks are going to be the winners(or shall I say losers) of the 2012 Kwame Brown Draft!

Slimsim
11-28-2011, 02:16 PM
kwame has to better than jared be b

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 02:18 PM
He's not that bad but when it comes to free throws or open dunks Knick fans will boo him. Stephen A HATES Kwame, He will go on for an hour about Kwame if it happens.

Cal827
11-28-2011, 02:19 PM
it makes their center wish list as first reported by The Post rather modest, including veterans Kurt Thomas, Kwame Brown, Tony Battie, Theo Ratliff and Aaron Gray.

:laugh:

:laugh2: lmao

:laugh2:

lol You know the world is coming to an end when....

spreadeagle
11-28-2011, 02:20 PM
ITS NOT HIS FAULT HE HAS SMALL HANDS AND HES GOT BAD FEET lmao

THE MTL
11-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Thats the saddest bunch of centers I've ever seen.

iggypop123
11-28-2011, 02:21 PM
kwame isnt bad. just compare his numbers with perkins and you have the same guy. perkins just has the hype. i agree foster would be a great option as his duties are perfect for the knicks. set screens roll, rebound and make an open jumpshot when you can.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
kwame isnt bad. just compare his numbers with perkins and you have the same guy. perkins just has the hype. i agree foster would be a great option as his duties are perfect for the knicks. set screens roll, rebound and make an open jumpshot when you can.

no..hes not the same as perkins. perkins is bad mean and tough. kwame is scared of the ball. nuff said"

homestarunner93
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
1. Knicks Forum
2. Title is misleading, the article is just speculation

IU Hoosiers 3
11-28-2011, 02:25 PM
kwame on a 1 yr deal seems fine to me.

Rivera
11-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Kwame is gonna bring a championship to,NY

Jint.
11-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Kwame = G.O.A.T.

Chronz
11-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Kwame has always been an underrated player, hes a tremendous post defender. Too bad he plays in an era with little post players to defend.

Swashcuff
11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
I'd actually take Kwame as my 76ers starting C over Spencer Hawes. Quite frankly as of right now I wish would could find a way to get or Greg Oden :pray:

Yeah you guys can laugh at me all you want but in terms of low risk high reward (matter of a fact extremely high) you're not going to get any better than Greg Oden. As for Kwame he was one of the better defensive Cs in the NBA last season and is ideal for a team like my 76ers at this point in his career. Maybe not as a starter but he's quite valuable on the defensive end of the floor.

kblo247
11-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Kwame has always been an underrated player, hes a tremendous post defender. Too bad he plays in an era with little post players to defend.

I'll give him that because he could guard Duncan and KG years ago one on one, and that he boxes out well. He also sets hard screens, best Kobe has had so Melo benefits there. He can also surprise with the passes he can make.m

If you want a bunch of rebounds, scoring, blocked shots, or just catching the ball ... Good luck with that **** though

He is a fine back up for an elite team like when he was Bynums backup his last season in LA or defensive starting center who barely gets the rock like Miami or New York.

New York should probably give the vet min to Kwame and Kurt (so he can retire there)

nate2usmc
11-28-2011, 02:49 PM
I'll give him that because he could guard Duncan and KG years ago one on one, and that he boxes out well. He also sets hard screens, best Kobe has had so Melo benefits there. He can also surprise with the passes he can make.m

If you want a bunch of rebounds, scoring, blocked shots, or just catching the ball ... Good luck with that **** though

He is a fine back up for an elite team like when he was Bynums backup his last season in LA or defensive starting center who barely gets the rock like Miami or New York.

New York should probably give the vet min to Kwame and Kurt (so he can retire there)

This.

It sucks that he ain't that good at rebounding but atleast he's a big man that boxes out and plays defense...2 things the knicks big men weren't consistent at so I'll take it!

fadedmario
11-28-2011, 02:51 PM
#Championship

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 02:51 PM
I would take kwame on the heat..he avg 8/8 last sesaon which would be just fine on the heat. Plus we ciuld get him cheap enough to split the mle on brown and battier and not have to amnesty miller. Thats a deep bench

Chronz
11-28-2011, 03:08 PM
This.

It sucks that he ain't that good at rebounding but atleast he's a big man that boxes out and plays defense...2 things the knicks big men weren't consistent at so I'll take it!

Yea, so long as hes not letting his man abuse him on the boards thats a decent enough rebounding, surprisingly though Kwame has crashed the glass really well the last 3 years.

blahblahyoutoo
11-28-2011, 03:12 PM
hurt thomas is still in the league?

king4day
11-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Kwame played pretty damn well for Charlotte last season so it's not the worst option. Given the Knicks financial issues, it'd be a good signing and if I'm a Knicks fan, I'd be OK with it.

Hellcrooner
11-28-2011, 03:14 PM
good feat.

Good post defender, can rebound more or less.

and in Ny he does not need to shoot at all ( nor will he get to sniff the ball ever to be honest) so he can be very usefull for them.

Iodine
11-28-2011, 03:28 PM
He's not a horrible backup, but mike D probably won't manage him all that well

GiantsSwaGG
11-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Kwame Brown > Dalembert defensively

JEDean89
11-28-2011, 03:33 PM
he could give 10-15 mins a night sharing the center spot with turiaf and jerome jordan.

Celticsfan2007
11-28-2011, 03:39 PM
I'd rather my team play 5 on 4 then let Kwame Brown take up a roster spot on my team...

nate2usmc
11-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Damn. Dec 9th can't come here soon enough.

nate2usmc
11-28-2011, 03:40 PM
I'd rather my team play 5 on 4 then let Kwame Brown take up a roster spot on my team...

You obviously haven't seen Jared Jeffries play lol. Knicks fans will gladly take Kwame Brown...that's how bad the Knicks need a Center.

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Kwame Brown > Dalembert defensively

Dalembert>brown

Chronz
11-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Jeff Foster owns all the FA centers this year

Iodine
11-28-2011, 03:50 PM
He's not a horrible backup, but mike D probably won't manage him all that well

Iodine
11-28-2011, 03:53 PM

But his name sucks compared to the rest. Would you rather be named Jeff foster or Hilarious Nene (I know it's not his real name but still)

Swashcuff
11-28-2011, 04:29 PM

Sarcasm right Chronz? or do you really think Foster is better than Tyson Chandler and Nene?

Swashcuff
11-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Dalembert>brown

Samuel Dalembert is one of the most overrated Cs in the NBA in all honesty. Tonnes of potential with no brain.

John Walls Era
11-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Championship!

Seriously though, he wasn't THAT bad. He just has butter fingers and has low bball IQ. 2 things you don't want in a player playing up tempo.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-28-2011, 04:38 PM
kwame cant shoot threes though...doesnt fit into d'antonis system

KnightnDaye
11-28-2011, 05:09 PM
I don't know if anyones ever seen this but I laughed..... I guess the knicks are next :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWyPNQnsa_w

roshan3ai
11-28-2011, 05:30 PM
kwame cant shoot threes though...doesnt fit into d'antonis system

Right, because Jared Jeffries and Ronny Turiaf are three point shooters. Nice try though

Ty Fast
11-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Championship!!!

NYYCowboys
11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
If the Knicks could resign Shawne Williams, and then sign 2 out of Grant Hill, Jeff Foster, Kwame Brown, Carlos Arroyo, and Michael Redd on 1 year deals I'd be satisfied. Brown almost averaged double-double last year he isn't THAT awful.

Evolution23
11-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Samuel Dalembert is one of the most overrated Cs in the NBA in all honesty. Tonnes of potential with no brain.

As a sixers fan, can you break down why daliembert is overrated?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Right, because Jared Jeffries and Ronny Turiaf are three point shooters. Nice try though

who said jeffries isnt:p

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-28-2011, 05:59 PM

I thought sixers fans hated sammy and like they hate hawes lol

ClippersE.G
11-28-2011, 06:02 PM
people make fun of these guys...but when you have 0 Centers. Any of these guys would be great...you guys should see their lineup when Turiaf gets in foul trouble....

ClippersE.G
11-28-2011, 06:02 PM
by the way they need a center to take up space...grab boards...and maybe alter a shot here and there...any of these guys would do that

strahan92osi72
11-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Kwame's still better than Jeffries, so I am all for it.

Ill21
11-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Its better than what we have now. Jared ****ing Jeffries

Sactown
11-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Oh! Kwame is what the Knicks were hyped up about!

beasted86
11-28-2011, 07:28 PM

More brains and defense than "Kah-Wah-May Brown"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PP4RT-vv-o

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Nobody has signed any1 yet and Heat fans defending SamDam and Knicks fans banging for Kwame. Let's see the ink dry first b4 we debate guys.. Lol

lavilevi23
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Kwame sucks

Swashcuff
11-28-2011, 09:13 PM
More brains and defense than "Kah-Wah-May Brown"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PP4RT-vv-o

:no:

IMO Kwame Brown actually has a higher BBIQ, is a better team player and better defensively than Samuel Dalembert. The only aspect of Defense that Dalembert has Kwame beat is in terms of shot blocking and well defensive rebounding. Other than that Kwame is better than him defensively. Yeah I know all you Heat fans think Sammy is going to be so amazing but just wait and see you'd be wishing you had Joel Anthony back by the time he gets there.

shep33
11-28-2011, 09:13 PM
The Mets need all the help they can get

Swashcuff
11-28-2011, 09:20 PM

Because he has negative intangible worth and arguably negative in terms of productivity. Sammy D literally cancels out every good thing he does. He'd block 3 shots in succession on D and the crowd would be going crazy and as soon as he gets back on offense he'd take a horrible 21 ft jumper with 15 seconds left on the clock and absolutely brick it. He's not a very good locker room guy and has seldom had getting away with his previous coaches for not being willing to do what was asked of him (part of the reason I believe we gave up on him for Hawes when Doug Collins became the head coach).

Maybe he has changed his locker room ways but he was a negative intangible value player in my eyes and many of 76er fans eyes as well. He didn't play the game like a man who has been in the league as long as he has.

So basically the reason I think Dalembert is an overrated player is because many believe he is a top tier defensive C when quite frankly he isn't he's just a great weak side shot blocker. Other than the other aspects of his D is average to sub par.

Personally dollar for dollar I'd take this version of Kwame Brown over Sammy D any day of the week.

Swashcuff
11-28-2011, 09:24 PM
I thought sixers fans hated sammy and like they hate hawes lol

We don't hate either. Hawes underarchieved and really didn't perform the way he was expected and well Sammy D we've watched him play for the majority of his career and in all honesty I think we see him for what he is. An overrated C who had the potential to be an all star (especially in this era of Cs) but for some reason his brains wouldn't allow him.

29$JerZ
11-28-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't want Sammy in NY because he is not worth a multi year deal and does more bone headed plays than positive ones. Kwame I don't want either because if his hands and on offense he is useless. I'd easily take Brown over Jeffries though if we are force to play 1.

nyanks79
11-28-2011, 09:27 PM

IMO Kwame Brown actually has a higher BBIQ, is a better team player and better defensively than Samuel Dalembert. The only aspect of Defense that Dalembert has Kwame beat is in terms of shot blocking and well defensive rebounding. Other than that Kwame is better than him defensively. Yeah I know all you Heat fans think Sammy is going to be so amazing but just wait and see you'd be wishing you had Joel Anthony back by the time he gets there.

Because he has negative intangible worth and arguably negative in terms of productivity. Sammy D literally cancels out every good thing he does. He'd block 3 shots in succession on D and the crowd would be going crazy and as soon as he gets back on offense he'd take a horrible 21 ft jumper with 15 seconds left on the clock and absolutely brick it. He's not a very good locker room guy and has seldom had getting away with his previous coaches for not being willing to do what was asked of him (part of the reason I believe we gave up on him for Hawes when Doug Collins became the head coach).

Maybe he has changed his locker room ways but he was a negative intangible value player in my eyes and many of 76er fans eyes as well. He didn't play the game like a man who has been in the league as long as he has.

So basically the reason I think Dalembert is an overrated player is because many believe he is a top tier defensive C when quite frankly he isn't he's just a great weak side shot blocker. Other than the other aspects of his D is average to sub par.

Personally dollar for dollar I'd take this version of Kwame Brown over Sammy D any day of the week.

Im gonna post this in the Knick forum because Ive pretty much been trying to convey this all day and this one poster as been telling my Im crazy and almost every Knick fan loves Dalembert.

Bulls_fan90
11-28-2011, 09:33 PM
So the Knicks won??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWyPNQnsa_w&feature=related

JJ_JKidd
11-28-2011, 09:37 PM
The missing piece!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Bulls_fan90
11-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Kwame isn't a bad player. He's just a bust because he was a numer 1 pick. Good pick up if cheap.

Dankster
11-28-2011, 10:08 PM
That's cool, I hope he enjoys sight seeing and the great tourism NYC has to offer..Central Park in winter, Broadway shows galore, amazing night life....Just stay the hell away from the Garden, def don't need that bust anywhere near my beloved knicks...

Evolution23
11-28-2011, 11:16 PM
The Knicks need at least 1 garbage player every season.

Law25
11-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Kwame would have been great in LA last year as a back up. I think he would fit great for the Knicks because all he would have to do is play d and grab the miss shots. As for Miami he would be Horrible becuase them kats like to thow lobs and flashy passes and thats a no no with Kwame lol. Just thinking about it hell he would be great for the Celtics this year as a Perkins type player they are desperatly missing.

blahblahyoutoo
11-29-2011, 10:18 AM

agree with this post wholeheartedly.

beasted86
11-29-2011, 10:28 AM

Yes, in your opinion. But the stats, production, and market contract value for the two players dictate something completely different.

Dalembert is a starter for at least 8-10 teams in the league right now.
Kwame is a starter for 1-3 at best. The two will be paid and sought after in free agency as such.

Toxeryll
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
kwame brown = knicks savior

uprightciti
11-29-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7U9eWrQnh0

WATCH THIS VIDEO IT WILL REMIND YOU WHY WE DONT NEED K. BROWN

i thought he could help us but his hands could really really hurt us

sixer04fan
11-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Kwame Brown lol

Swashcuff
11-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes, in your opinion. But the stats, production, and market contract value for the two players dictate something completely different.

Dalembert is a starter for at least 8-10 teams in the league right now.
Kwame is a starter for 1-3 at best. The two will be paid and sought after in free agency as such.

Well let's see the difference when which those stats (I don't know why you ever attempt to bring up this argument since you're extremely closed minded on statistical analysis), production and market contract value has for their respective teams in the W department.

That post also has nothing to do with what I was responding to. At this point in their respective careers Brown is indeed better defensively than Dalembert and I don't know how you mention brains but if you use stats, production (basically the same as stats) and market value to do so well..... :pity:

SNYmets86
11-29-2011, 04:40 PM
watch this LMAOOO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxEGhVVzUgM&list=FL3Bni6DWE8S3eITQ5ff1pwg&feature=mh_lolz

Chronz
11-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Nah Swash, I think we all know whos going to get paid more. Dalembert can serve a similar function for Miami that Tyson served for Dallas. Albeit a drastically reduced role, Kwame is a better 1 on 1 defender, and to be honest the Heat have a need for both. But more than anything they need a defender like Dalembert. Hes an enhanced Joel Anthony at the least.

As far as Dalembert being a negative intangibles guy, his teams fare better defensively with him on the floor, his downfall is that he takes too many shots for someone so bad but you dont think they could reign that in?

Swashcuff
11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Nah Swash, I think we all know whos going to get paid more. Dalembert can serve a similar function for Miami that Tyson served for Dallas. Albeit a drastically reduced role, Kwame is a better 1 on 1 defender, and to be honest the Heat have a need for both. But more than anything they need a defender like Dalembert. Hes an enhanced Joel Anthony at the least.

As far as Dalembert being a negative intangibles guy, his teams fare better defensively with him on the floor, his downfall is that he takes too many shots for someone so bad but you dont think they could reign that in?

I have no gripe with what you're saying here. I do indeed believe he'll be paid more and can start on more teams than Kwame will. Reason why I'd say they need a defender like Dalembert is because of the fact that not every night you're going to come up against the Dwight Howards, Andrew Bynums and Brook Lopezs of the league so they really don't have a need for someone like Brown since Dalembert addresses the shot blocking and defensive rebounding flaws.

When I speak of intangibles however I'm not speaking of his team's impact with him on the floor in terms of their statistical production. I'm speaking of his impact on his team in other aspects of the game and the boneheaded moves he tends to make over the course of damn near every game in which he plays.

JEDean89
11-29-2011, 05:38 PM
I can pretty much guarantee that dantoni will absolutely refuse to play brown. Robin Lopez is a dude who has all the talent required and is actually productive in his very limited role, but he needs to step up mentally and want the starting 5 position. Gortat came in and instantly took it from him. Lopez could be a 10 and 10 guy if he showed to determination and cut his hair as to not decrease ratings when he is on the court.

rabzouz 96
11-29-2011, 08:12 PM
I can pretty much guarantee that dantoni will absolutely refuse to play brown. Robin Lopez is a dude who has all the talent required and is actually productive in his very limited role, but he needs to step up mentally and want the starting 5 position. Gortat came in and instantly took it from him. Lopez could be a 10 and 10 guy if he showed to determination and cut his hair as to not decrease ratings when he is on the court.

thats cool, but dantoni wasnt the coach of that phoenix team any more.

Tony_Starks
11-29-2011, 09:27 PM
In a position to just defend and rebound with no scoring duties whatsoever he's actually great for the price. Hey if Jeffries could do it, anybody can!!!