PDA

View Full Version : Dalembert prefers Miami, New York or Houston

spreadeagle
11-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Wanted him for my team bah! :mad:

by Marcel Mutoni / @marcel_mutoni

Once the new Collective Bargaining Agreement is ratified by both players and team owners, the NBA’s free agency sprint is going to be one wild ride. Under League rules, players are the only ones allowed to discuss the matter at the moment, and they haven’t held back.

Samuel Dalembert tells Fox Sports that he’d like to join a title contender this season, and for a number of basketball and person reasons, the Miami Heat would be his top choice:

The team desperately needs a center, and the 6-foot-11 Dalembert is a free agent. And the Heat is high on his list as the free agency signing period is expected to begin Dec. 9 following a five-month lockout. Joining the Heat “would be fantastic,” Dalembert said Sunday night from Haiti. Miami is where more than 50 of his relatives live and is about one hour south of his home in Boca Raton.

As for the volunteering part, Dalembert likely would require a big pay cut to join the Heat, which will be over the salary cap. Dalembert, who made $13.43 million last season for Sacramento, might have to sign for the $5 million mid-level exception. Dalembert wouldn’t say he would agree to that. But he did say “what is best for you might not be for the most money.” And he definitely likes the Heat. “I’m keeping all my options open, but Miami could be a good fit for me,” Dalembert said.

“If you look at the playoffs with Dallas, you saw what Tyson Chandler did,” Dalembert said, referring to the 7-foot-1 center who helped the Mavs beat the Heat in six games for the title last June. “He was basically a key ingredient for them to win a championship. And Miami didn’t have somebody like that. Somebody able to stop (foes from) getting second shots and somebody able to rebound and finish. I could fill that role and be an asset for that team.”

Other cities the 30-year old Dalembert could see himself playing in also include New York and Houston.

The linked article is a worthwile read, as it delves into Samuel Dalembert’s charitable work in Haiti, with the country trying to rebuild following the January 2010 earthquake disaster.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/11/samuel-dalembert-wants-to-play-for-the-miami-heat/

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 01:36 PM
The feeling needs to be mutual obviously.

spreadeagle
11-28-2011, 01:38 PM

They would be insane to think they can get anyone better with the money they have

Shmontaine
11-28-2011, 01:42 PM
IMO i think he's just trying to drive his price up... not to say he won't join miami, or isn't serious in his statements... but this would also mean that any team that wants him would have to give him significantly more than 5 per... JMO...

Hellcrooner
11-28-2011, 01:44 PM

mmmmm, do they need a center?

who could they like?

marc gasol, Chandler, Nene?

do you think any of them are not gonna be overbid the mle?

so yep he should be a heat.

sixer04fan
11-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Maybe he can be good for them, and at first glance he appears to fill a need. But...

As a Sixers fan that watched him for years, he's a very frustrating player that just doesn't quite have it. He's not an intelligent player at all, and not a good locker room guy either. I could see Lebron and Bosh getting really pissed at him throughout the year and him causing a bigger headache than he's worth.

I can't deny that he's a solid rebounder and causes problems for opposing offenses in the middle though. We'll see...

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 01:56 PM
He would help Miami and NY but going to Houston wont really help.

MrfadeawayJB
11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
miami makes the most sense, followed by NY

CousinsEvansDUO
11-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Honestly let's be realistic here he is staying with the Kings. He's just trying to get coach westphal scared so he could pay him more.

MJ-BULLS
11-28-2011, 02:06 PM
He will be a great pickup for the Miami Heat. He brings defense, rebounding, and shotblocking.

spreadeagle
11-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Honestly let's be realistic here he is staying with the Kings. He's just trying to get coach westphal scared so he could pay him more.

LOL why is he staying? go to a contender where 50 of his relatives live and where he does a ton of charity work or stay with a constant lottery team till he retires.....

spreadeagle
11-28-2011, 02:17 PM
He will be a great pickup for the Miami Heat. He brings defense, rebounding, and shotblocking.

ya he wont have to worry about scoring which hes not great at and it will make bosh way better since he wont have to do any dirty work in the paint anymore he can hang on the mid range game and shoot which is what hes best at

iggypop123
11-28-2011, 02:19 PM
would cost them mike miller. the math doesnt add up. cant have both. worth the effort to cut miller.

Cal827
11-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Miami needs to jump on this...they will have the defensive center that they have been looking for. Can help Bosh down there in the post.

THE MTL
11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
It just makes too much sense for him to join Miami.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Dalembert loves the kings and unlike lebron would never leave us. Whenever he played against the heat you could always see how much he hated them.. no way would he play for them. I'm telling you he's just joking in this interview. Worst case scenario for the kings is we trade him.

Dade County
11-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Little do you guys know.... The HEAT will get everyone discounted ... I mean everyone.

I have been preparing for the hate..... I'm ready lmao!

sixer04fan
11-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Dalembert loves the kings and unlike lebron would never leave us. Whenever he played against the heat you could always see how much he hated them.. no way would he play for them. I'm telling you he's just joking in this interview. Worst case scenario for the kings is we trade him.

:facepalm:

The_Jamal
11-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Whateves, He's not really a need whatsoever for the Kings anyway. He started doing some good things with Demarcus at the end of the year, but I'd much rather give minutes to Hickson and Thompson and leave Cousins at C. Plus, it lets us throw money elsewhere so i'm cool with him leaving

Dade County
11-28-2011, 02:34 PM

:laugh2:... The NBA is back (insanity all over these message boards)

sixer04fan
11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
:laugh2:... The NBA is back (insanity all over these message boards)

Hey I'll take the delusional Kings fan talking about Dalembert over the "NBA players are slaves!" threads that popped up daily during the lockout.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Whateves, He's not really a need whatsoever for the Kings anyway. He started doing some good things with Demarcus at the end of the year, but I'd much rather give minutes to Hickson and Thompson and leave Cousins at C. Plus, it lets us throw money elsewhere so i'm cool with him leaving

I agree with you 100%.
Unlike the heat fans we have a lot of cap space to spend. We can get tyson chandler or marc gasol easily. Maybe even Greg Oden as a backup center behind cousins wouldn't be bad either.

Celticsfan2007
11-28-2011, 02:46 PM

You have got to be one of the BIGGEST homers I have ever seen on this website since I joined in '07.

Cal827
11-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Hey I'll take the delusional Kings fan talking about Dalembert over the "NBA players are slaves!" threads that popped up daily during the lockout.

A sad, sad lockout period for PSD :facepalm:

Let us never remember the atrocities that were posted in the 5 months :pity:

But wait until the season comes back and the Heat/Bull/Laker Bandwagoners return... 2012 is going to be one for the mods.

Celticsfan2007
11-28-2011, 02:49 PM

:eyebrow: I must admit, it is quite comical to read your posts.

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Lets see how bad he wants to play for the heat.

sixer04fan
11-28-2011, 02:50 PM
A sad, sad lockout period for PSD :facepalm:

Let us never remember the atrocities that were posted in the 5 months :pity:

But wait until the season comes back and the Heat/Bull/Laker Bandwagoners return... 2012 is going to be one for the mods.

Oh yeah man, it got ugly. The 2011 NBA Playoffs to the 2011 NBA Lockout was a dark, dark time for PSD.

ne3xchamps
11-28-2011, 02:51 PM
So do a lot of the other players in the nba. this is news?

mjm07
11-28-2011, 02:52 PM
^ Don't forget Dwight Howard/Chris Paul next season.

Shmontaine
11-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Oh yeah man, it got ugly. The 2011 NBA Playoffs to the 2011 NBA Lockout was a dark, dark time for PSD.

you could say we were in PSD hell......

crooner.... .

sixer04fan
No, they all want to play for Sacramento next year.

(sarcasm)

ne3xchamps

:laugh:

The NBA is officially back. the NBA forum is going to be out of control for a bit.

sixer04fan
11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
you could say we were in PSD hell......

crooner.... .

Hahaha

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Just one of many players we will hear this about.

Lots of guys want to be in south beach.

ne3xchamps
11-28-2011, 02:55 PM
^ Don't forget Dwight Howard/Chris Paul next season.

Drose wants be traded to miami too. didn't you hear?

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Drose wants be traded to miami too. didn't you hear?

Can't blame him;)

tcav701
11-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I dont understand why average players want to take less to be role players.

Dalembert has nothing to gain by winning a championship like Malone, Payton, Shaq ect did in the twilight of their careers.

Go get money while you still have the chance big fella.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 03:00 PM

You know man, being a gigantic homer is fine, but its going to be hard to be taken seriously if you don't get a little more realistic about your team.

They have Cousins that will literally kill most of Sam's minutes. The Heat are championship contenders, in desperate need of a capable center. The Kings are a rebuilding team still 2-3 years away from a winning record. Why on earth would he stay over going to the Heat?

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 03:02 PM
I agree with you 100%.
Unlike the heat fans we have a lot of cap space to spend. We can get tyson chandler or marc gasol easily. Maybe even Greg Oden as a backup center behind cousins wouldn't be bad either.

Cmon man. You are either pulling our legs, or in serious need of an education on basketball, and the salary cap structure.

Chandler will not go to any team that isn't a playoff team. Gasol will be matched by the Grizzlies. Oden will be matched by the Blazers.

The Kings are not looking for a center. At all.

dhopisthename
11-28-2011, 03:05 PM

Dalembert has nothing to gain by winning a championship like Malone, Payton, Shaq ect did in the twilight of their careers.

becuase money isn't everything? it goes to would you rather take x mill on a bad team or 5 mill for a chance at a championship and just having more fun?

nyanks79
11-28-2011, 03:06 PM
I want no part of Dalembert in NY for a MLE especially 3-5 years. Never been a big fan of the guy. Dosent seem like he ever gives full effort, especially if he isnt involved on the offense. Kings were one of the worst teams last year at defending the rim. Sixers obviously didnt miss him to much defensively, even though you have to give a lot of credit there to Collins. Great rebounder, but I think his D is alot more suspect then people think. And I dont think he would accept his role as easily as people think.

Hellcrooner
11-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Cmon man. You are either pulling our legs, or in serious need of an education on basketball, and the salary cap structure.

Chandler will not go to any team that isn't a playoff team. Gasol will be matched by the Grizzlies. Oden will be matched by the Blazers.

can grizzlies AFFORD to match a MAX salary offer to Marc Gasol?

they also have to deal with mayo extension and already gave stupid contracts to Conley, Gay, and Randolph.

The_Jamal
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM

Well that's not entirely true. Boogie and Sam played together on the court for a good portion of last year and they did pretty damn well together. Boogie can move to the 4 without much of a problem if we decided to break the bank on someone like Gasol or Chandler. Obviously, we'd have to drastically overpay, but we'll have a little more than 28-30 mil to spend this offseason if our owners finally decide to nut up and put some money into this team.

nate2usmc
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
^^^LOL. But yeah Dalembert will go with the heat. He won't get much more anywhere else anyway so why not play with championship contenders with family living in the area? I'll be pissed if the Knicks tried to get him.

The_Jamal
11-28-2011, 03:17 PM

they also have to deal with mayo extension and already gave stupid contracts to Conley, Gay, and Randolph.

Also this. Our owners have said they're going to "make a splash" in FA and it wouldn't be out of the question to see them give Gasol a Max deal or pretty damn close to it

SteBO
11-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Not a shocker to me in any way. He's the kind of big we need, but we'll need more than just him and it won't be easy to do considering the new CBA structure. Chalmers is our only availabe competent PG, and he isn't really under contract right now......

king4day
11-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Little do you guys know.... The HEAT will get everyone discounted ... I mean everyone.

I have been preparing for the hate..... I'm ready lmao!

Haslem did it so it wouldnt be so far feteched

Shmontaine
11-28-2011, 03:22 PM
only 2 missed games in the last 5 years ... damn durable, but he is over 30 now... maybe those two weigh each other out...

Sactown
11-28-2011, 03:23 PM

Actually I bet they do end up picking up a C in the free agency, I don't think PW trust Whiteside yet, but I don't believe we're going to end up with a big name free agent either .. I'm more likely to be on the Kings roster than Sammy, Mark, or Nene

SteBO
11-28-2011, 03:28 PM

Wasn't Memphis trying to deal Mayo to Indiana? I don't see why they'd all of a sudden want to extend him....

Shmontaine
11-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I see indiana going after roy if he's amnestied...

I'd love for the bulls to get mayo, but the grizz would want asik, and i don't think the bulls would do it.. .

KingPosey
11-28-2011, 03:29 PM

I'm sure it is.

MJ-BULLS
11-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Wasn't Memphis trying to deal Mayo to Indiana? I don't see why they'd all of a sudden want to extend him....

yes they were trying to trade him to indy for mcroberts. but the deal didnt fall threw as the deadline was over. i dont think they will try and extend him, they could use that money for marc instead imo.

nate2usmc
11-28-2011, 03:31 PM

I don't think they're gonna give Mayo that extension considering they had issues with him in the past.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Well that's not entirely true. Boogie and Sam played together on the court for a good portion of last year and they did pretty damn well together. Boogie can move to the 4 without much of a problem if we decided to break the bank on someone like Gasol or Chandler. Obviously, we'd have to drastically overpay, but we'll have a little more than 28-30 mil to spend this offseason if our owners finally decide to nut up and put some money into this team.

understood, but they aren't reaching deep into their pockets to retain Dalembert when Cousins is sitting there. They are better off finding a real PF and capable shooter on the wing.

Point is, there is no need to go aggressively after an above average center when Cousins is sitting right there.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 03:34 PM

they have to dude. If they let Marc go, what is the point of having Gay and Randolph with huge dollar deals? They are no longer threats in the playoffs without Gasol, and they can't get better on the open market with limited resources.

SteBO
11-28-2011, 03:34 PM
yes they were trying to trade him to indy for mcroberts. but the deal didnt fall threw as the deadline was over. i dont think they will try and extend him, they could use that money for marc instead imo.
This is what Memphis should do. It's clear that Marc is the bigger part of the future, so there's no way they'd let OJ hinder that from happening. Not that it really matters though, Marc's an RFA and what they do with Mayo will probably be dependant on what happens with Gasol. It's a wait and see type of thing.....

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Actually I bet they do end up picking up a C in the free agency, I don't think PW trust Whiteside yet, but I don't believe we're going to end up with a big name free agent either .. I'm more likely to be on the Kings roster than Sammy, Mark, or Nene

Oh I do think they look for a serviceable center, but Dalmembert is going to make over $4-5 million a year. They will grab a lower tier guy for insurance I would guess.

Whiteside, how has he looked? I thought he would be a complete bust honestly.

JEDean89
11-28-2011, 03:37 PM
will continue to bring the total amount of heat post scoring to 0. seriously, bosh is 6'11 and has no excuse to not be able to play center. So quick to cut mike miller when he had some big games after his injury. unless dalembert is going to take the mle, say goodbye to this one heat fans. You guys need a pg, someone who can let wade play the 2 and james play the 3. Joel anthony provides the interior defense dalembert will give you, though dalembert is no doubt a better scorrera and rebounder i don't think he necessarily makes the heat way much better. he will look at the deals offered and realize he will be turning down like 20 mil to play with the heat.

JEDean89
11-28-2011, 03:39 PM
i'd rather not have him on my knicks either. he will cost way too much for what you get out of him. if the heat can get nene from my nuggets, he would make a world of difference. he is not the best rebounder or shot blocker, but is a beast in the post.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 03:40 PM
will continue to bring the total amount of heat post scoring to 0. seriously, bosh is 6'11 and has no excuse to not be able to play center. So quick to cut mike miller when he had some big games after his injury. unless dalembert is going to take the mle, say goodbye to this one heat fans. You guys need a pg, someone who can let wade play the 2 and james play the 3. Joel anthony provides the interior defense dalembert will give you, though dalembert is no doubt a better scorrera and rebounder i don't think he necessarily makes the heat way much better. he will look at the deals offered and realize he will be turning down like 20 mil to play with the heat.

Bosh just plays that way. Honestly, so did KG. 7'1", refused to attack the rim. The Heat need a legit scoring option at center who can rebound, and Dalmembert fits the bill if that is what they are looking for with the MLE.

The Heat don't need to get much better dude. They are already capable of winning a championship. This signing would just fill a need with an above average center.

Sactown
11-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Oh I do think they look for a serviceable center, but Dalmembert is going to make over $4-5 million a year. They will grab a lower tier guy for insurance I would guess.

I mean he's a 2nd rounder, so I don't think anyone thought he was going to be a solid starter. He is what he is a defensive force with limited offensive ability, he's going to be like Dalmembert, but hopefully with a higher IQ. He's looked good in the off season, he's starting to get an NBA ready body, so I would hope he would get minutes, but I doubt he will with PW running the show. Obviously the Kings aren't going to keep Sammy... he's not part of the future so there's no point in over spending on him. We need a SF and Solmons is not the answer.. drafting Jimmer was weird since we're in an awkward position of not having anyone who can distribute the ball or a SF who can shoot the ball... I can only pray Donte Greene plays more consistent and earns the starting spot

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I mean he's a 2nd rounder, so I don't think anyone thought he was going to be a solid starter. He is what he is a defensive force with limited offensive ability, he's going to be like Dalmembert, but hopefully with a higher IQ. He's looked good in the off season, he's starting to get an NBA ready body, so I would hope he would get minutes, but I doubt he will with PW running the show. Obviously the Kings aren't going to keep Sammy... he's not part of the future so there's no point in over spending on him. We need a SF and Solmons is not the answer.. drafting Jimmer was weird since we're in an awkward position of not having anyone who can distribute the ball or a SF who can shoot the ball... I can only pray Donte Greene plays more consistent and earns the starting spot

well, you have a ton of capspace, Tyreke Evans and Cousins, so there is hope. Plus you can win the bidding war on one of the amnesty guys of your choice if they fall past the Wolves and Cavs.

SteBO
11-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Bosh just plays that way. Honestly, so did KG. 7'1", refused to attack the rim. The Heat need a legit scoring option at center who can rebound, and Dalmembert fits the bill if that is what they are looking for with the MLE.

The Heat don't need to get much better dude. They are already capable of winning a championship. This signing would just fill a need with an above average center.
My thoughts in a nutshell. Still, we could really use a veteran PG and re-signing Chalmers is pretty important in my opinion. He really blossomed last year, especially in the Finals....

Sactown
11-28-2011, 03:47 PM
well, you have a ton of capspace, Tyreke Evans and Cousins, so there is hope. Plus you can win the bidding war on one of the amnesty guys of your choice if they fall past the Wolves and Cavs.

The problem with the Kings is we don't need anymore mediocre players lol... the kings have what? 5 mediocre small forwards? No proven players who can pass the ball? or any team chemistry. No doubt we have some great building blocks in Tyreke and DMC, but Jimmer is going to have to learn to pass the ball consistently to be able to be part of this team, and Solmons is a joke and that trade was just a way to validate drafting Jimmer and getting Beno out

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 03:48 PM
I fully support the Heat's effort to use their MLE on Dalembert. His addition to the Heat doesn't scare my Bulls at all. Noah & Asik will wipe the floor with him, & Bosh will struggle through yet another adjustment period with the Heat.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
The problem with the Kings is we don't need anymore mediocre players lol... the kings have what? 5 mediocre small forwards? No proven players who can pass the ball? or any team chemistry. No doubt we have some great building blocks in Tyreke and DMC, but Jimmer is going to have to learn to pass the ball consistently to be able to be part of this team, and Solmons is a joke and that trade was just a way to validate drafting Jimmer and getting Beno out

well, you can start changing the culture in free agency. Bring in a vet defender, and a vet PG who can help develop Jimmer. Its not easy to go from the bottom to the playoffs again. Evans is a very good player, Cousins will be. That is a great start. Next years draft is deep. Just need to hit a homerun in the draft again. And sign the right mix.

The_Jamal

Terrible. He bulked up almost 25 pounds of muscle before the season started, but couldn't even crack our pathetic rotation. Plus, he struggled in the D-League. He's still got time becauase he's so young and has so much potential defensively, but he's still got a long way to go. His shot-blocking is elite at the NBA level though; now everything else has to catch up

SteBO
I fully support the Heat's effort to use their MLE on Dalembert. His addition to the Heat doesn't scare my Bulls at all. Noah & Asik will wipe the floor with him, & Bosh will struggle through yet another adjustment period with the Heat.
haha. Based on what?

Sactown
11-28-2011, 03:51 PM
well, you can start changing the culture in free agency. Bring in a vet defender, and a vet PG who can help develop Jimmer. Its not easy to go from the bottom to the playoffs again. Evans is a very good player, Cousins will be. That is a great start. Next years draft is deep. Just need to hit a homerun in the draft again. And sign the right mix.

I think by the end of the season we might have a lineup of
Jimmer
Thornton
Tyreke
Thompson
DMC

which might be the best way to go with Tyreke being able to guard positions 1-3

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Terrible. He bulked up almost 25 pounds of muscle before the season started, but couldn't even crack our pathetic rotation. Plus, he struggled in the D-League. He's still got time becauase he's so young and has so much potential defensively, but he's still got a long way to go. His shot-blocking is elite at the NBA level though; now everything else has to catch up

There is a reason he slipped from potential lottery pick to the 2nd round, he is very unpolished. If he takes his game seriously, he could serve as a defensive backup down the line to Cousins. We shall see i guess.

Sactown
11-28-2011, 03:52 PM

He was injured most the season, but he's actually bulked up even more, I wouldn't be surprised if he cracks the rotation this season

nate2usmc
11-28-2011, 03:57 PM

I have an idea. How about the Knicks trading STAT to y'all for benchmwarmers and cap space? That way we can have space for Dwight and Cp3 :speechless: :win:

LMAO I just wanted make an NBA 2K12 homer proposal :D

MJ-BULLS
11-28-2011, 04:01 PM
This is what Memphis should do. It's clear that Marc is the bigger part of the future, so there's no way they'd let OJ hinder that from happening. Not that it really matters though, Marc's an RFA and what they do with Mayo will probably be dependant on what happens with Gasol. It's a wait and see type of thing.....

it clearly that marc gasol and randolph are a force to be reckoned with in the frontcourt. i ultimately think that marc is going to stay with memphis.

Dolfan305
11-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Dalembert is what the Heat need. They don't need a scorer, just a guy who can put up 10 a game, and he is a presence in the post and can help out Bosh with the rebounding. The Heat will take him in a second if he shows interest.
C-Dalembert
PF-Bosh
SF-Lebron
SG-Wade
PG-chalmers
sounds good

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 04:05 PM
We know NY is not giving sam the whole MLE, so cross them off.

Dolfan305
11-28-2011, 04:06 PM

Bosh really struggled when he was putting up 23 a game on 60% shooting huh?

John Walls Era
11-28-2011, 04:11 PM

You know the NBA is back...

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Bosh took much of the year learning how to be a C for the Heat. With Dalembert as their starting C, Bosh will now have to adjust to being a PF for them. If you think the positions are interchangeable like that, you are clueless to the NBA game. Even with LBJ on the floor there still needs to be good chemistry between the C & PF for a team to be successful.

SteBO
11-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Bosh took much of the year learning how to be a C for the Heat. With Dalembert as their starting C, Bosh will now have to adjust to being a PF for them. If you think the positions are interchangeable like that, you are clueless to the NBA game. Even with LBJ on the floor there still needs to be good chemistry between the C & PF for a team to be successful.
Umm, no. For most of the year, he had played his natural position(PF). He played center for stretches, when we go small, but that wasn't all game let alone every game. There will be no adjustment period for him on that front. Whether Dale scares anyone is irrelevant. He's a 7 foot center that is needed here, and that will only help Bosh.

John Walls Era
11-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Bosh took much of the year learning how to be a C for the Heat. With Dalembert as their starting C, Bosh will now have to adjust to being a PF for them. If you think the positions are interchangeable like that, you are clueless to the NBA game.

What do you mean?

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 04:17 PM

wow:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 04:19 PM

http://www.82games.com/1011/10MIA12.HTM

Bosh rarely played center.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-28-2011, 04:20 PM

you mean sign and trade lmfao:laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
dont know why, but I have always seen sammy as an overrated and low IQ Center

Dolfan305
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM

You are the one "clueless of the NBA game". Bosh played at PF most of the season for the Heat. I think you are just scared of the Heat and trying to find any weakness they might have..

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Did you bother to watch any Heat games? I could care less whether he was listed as a C or PF. What matters is who he was matched up against. From the games I saw which were obviously vs the Bulls, when they were on TNT/ESPN, & the playoffs, Bosh was matched up vs C's. Against the Bulls there was more Noah on Bosh than Boozer on Bosh & vice versa.

There is nothing about the Heat for the Bulls to be scared about. With a SG that can spread the floor, the Bulls will be THAT much better. You don't even know why you won that conference finals matchup. Noah was less than 100% & Asik went down early in it. That gave you the key matchup the rest of the way. Noah's shown in the past he can defend LBJ 1-on-1. So yeah, with a decent upgrade at SG, & a healthy Noah & Asik tandem I'm quite confident we can take the Heat down this year.

SteBO
11-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Did you bother to watch any Heat games? I could care less whether he was listed as a C or PF. What matters is who he was matched up against. From the games I saw which were obviously vs the Bulls, when they were on TNT/ESPN, & the playoffs, Bosh was matched up vs C's. Against the Bulls there was more Noah on Bosh than Boozer on Bosh & vice versa.
That was Thibs' call, not Spoelstra's. And I'm a Heat fan, so I know you're wrong here. You guys pitted Noah on Bosh because you know Bosh would've destroyed Boozer every trip down the floor. And let's not forget who our starting center was at the time. His name was not Chris Bosh. Didn't matter anyway, because he still shot a little over 60% from the field. Imagine what he would've done to Boozer had Thibs not gone with Noah.

I'll say it again, Bosh will not need an adjustment period...

tcav701
11-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Bosh/Haslem were on the floor together alot during the postseason.

But whether you play C or PF for the heat the offensive responsibility is the same. Stay out of the lane so the wings can drive and hit the midrange shot if you get the ball with 2 seconds left.

Hustlenomics
11-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Maybe he can be good for them, and at first glance he appears to fill a need. But...

As a Sixers fan that watched him for years, he's a very frustrating player that just doesn't quite have it. He's not an intelligent player at all, and not a good locker room guy either. I could see Lebron and Bosh getting really pissed at him throughout the year and him causing a bigger headache than he's worth.

I can't deny that he's a solid rebounder and causes problems for opposing offenses in the middle though. We'll see...

^^

Slug3
11-28-2011, 04:33 PM

There is nothing about the Heat for the Bulls to be scared about. With a SG that can spread the floor, the Bulls will be THAT much better. You don't even know why you won that conference finals matchup. Noah was less than 100% & Asik went down early in it. That gave you the key matchup the rest of the way. Noah's shown in the past he can defend LBJ 1-on-1. So yeah, with a decent upgrade at SG, & a healthy Noah & Asik tandem I'm quite confident we can take the Heat down this year.

So you watched like 5 games and you think Bosh played Center all year? He was matched up against Noah because Haslem/JA were the better defenders and would be guarding Boozer who is a bigger offensive threat over Noah.

SteBO
11-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Bosh/Haslem were on the floor together alot during the postseason.

But whether you play C or PF for the heat the offensive responsibility is the same. Stay out of the lane so the wings can drive and hit the midrange shot if you get the ball with 2 seconds left.
It was their best lineup at the time for sure.....and it will most likely be the same this year time pending. But also note that haslem played center a bit too. Either way, Bosh played much more PF than he did C. That's just reality.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 04:34 PM

I watched plenty of Heat games, and he was rarely asked to play center dude. I understand you don't care what information that was painstakingly accumulated from watching games says, but I watched them a ton, and I saw either Anthony, Big Z, Dampier, or Magloire after the trade.

Point is, why would Bosh struggle with playing the same position he has for years? He was very efficient last year, and the best 3rd option I can think of.

tcav701
11-28-2011, 04:37 PM
It was their best lineup at the time for sure.....and it will most likely be the same this year time pending. But also note that haslem played center a bit too. Either way, Bosh played much more PF than he did C. That's just reality.

I agree.

My point is in that instance neither one was really playing center it was just about which of those 2 matched up better against the opposing 5.

Either way they need a legit center that can defend without fouling. That should cement a championship for them.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 04:38 PM
I suggest you look at the gameplay of ALL of the Heat's series. Yes, it doesn't matter how Bosh was listed at the scorer's table. He was matched up vs opposing C's the most. Maybe that won't change with Dalembert, but against the Bulls it really doesn't matter.

If we go to battle with Noah & Asik at 100%, & a SG that can spread the floor the Bulls won't have a problem getting passed the Heat. While you like to throw Bosh's lofty #'s during that series around you are neglectful that Noah was about 1/2 his normal speed & Asik went down mid-way. You should take a look at gm 3 of the regular season to see Noah's impact at full speed.

tcav701
11-28-2011, 04:41 PM
I suggest you look at the gameplay of ALL of the Heat's series. Yes, it doesn't matter how Bosh was listed at the scorer's table. He was matched up vs opposing C's the most. Maybe that won't change with Dalembert, but against the Bulls it really doesn't matter.

If we go to battle with Noah & Asik at 100%, & a SG that can spread the floor the Bulls won't have a problem getting passed the Heat. While you like to throw Bosh's lofty #'s during that series around you are neglectful that Noah was about 1/2 his normal speed & Asik went down mid-way. You should take a look at gm 3 of the regular season to see Noah's impact at full speed.

i know you are a Bulls fan but the Heat proved they were better last year, and untill the Bulls prove otherwise, that remains.

P.S. I despise the heat so it pains me to admit they are great.

SteBO
11-28-2011, 04:41 PM

Hate to break it to you, but nobody is at 100% come postseason. That's just the reality of sports, so you trying to make an excuse for Noah not being at full speed is irrelevant. Why even bring up regular season to begin with? That doesn't tell me anything. A playoff series is much more telling.

Whether you think the Bulls should be worried or not is up to you. All I know is that the opposite works too. We'll see how the rosters shake out...

Htownballa1622
11-28-2011, 04:44 PM

lol.don't play what if game. "if Yao and t Mac were still healthy Houston would still be contending." See how that works?

Miami beat the bulls in five tough games. Adding someone in a position of their need would only help.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 04:44 PM
That's rich. So the HEAT weren't playing playoff caliber ball in that 3rd regular season game they lost to the Bulls? I guess they cry often after regular season losses then :) I don't think losing Asik midway through the series compares to Houston losing Yao for his career. Those odds are no where close. You got lucky, plain & simple. It's not likely to happen twice.

ewmania
11-28-2011, 04:45 PM
miami and ny need him most... wouldnt make sense in houston if you ask me

miami and ny are both in need of a tall 5 who can shot block and rebound

Dolfan305
11-28-2011, 04:48 PM

you are delusional

CityofTreez
11-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Peace out Sammy Dalembert.

You were an idiot last year, and you'll always be an idiot with the ball in your hands! Good Luck!

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 04:55 PM

dude, show me a team that is 100% come playoff time. And I understand your confident in your Bulls, but the Heat we able to shut them down when needed. You don't think Miami will be making an upgrade or two? With a healthy Miller and Haslem, the postseason would have been even quicker for the Heat. Is Dalembert a really good starting center? No. But he is better than the garbage they put out there last year. And the Bulls using Noah was Thib's choice, it wasn't because the Heat decided to play Bosh at center. He would have torched Boozer.

nate2usmc
11-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Damn I thought ChiSoxJuan was above his previous posts. He was killin it in the lockout thread. Injuries or not, Heat was the better team. I will say Chi-town and MIA's battles are gonna be second to none in the eastern conference.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 05:01 PM
That's rich. So the HEAT weren't playing playoff caliber ball in that 3rd regular season game they lost to the Bulls? I guess they cry often after regular season losses then :) I don't think losing Asik midway through the series compares to Houston losing Yao for his career. Those odds are no where close. You got lucky, plain & simple. It's not likely to happen twice.

No, the Heat were not playing playoff caliber basketball to start the season dude. That should be obvious.

Losing Asik isn't even slightly comparable to losing Yao Ming. You don't think the Heat wouldn't have loved to have Haslem and Miller healthy for a larger portion of the season to get chemistry built? You don't think they would have loved to have known that Big Z was literally done before they signed him?

Cmon man. The Heat beat you guys fair and square. Until you beat them, you are speaking in pure speculation world, and that is a total fail.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 05:01 PM
The complimentary players of the Heat played WAY over their heads against the Bulls. Even Heat fans should admit that. Those same players were not as effective vs the Mavs. No team is 100% come playoff time but it was quite obvious that Rose was hurt more than Wade, Noah more than Bosh, & Asik of course went down mid-way. These are the 3 Bulls the Heat struggled the most against. What are the odds that will happen again this yr? Much smaller if you ask me.

If Heat fans are going to chime in, the "crying game" was after the all-star break. I can't believe you call yourself a fan & have forgotten that so easily.

RevisIsland
11-28-2011, 05:03 PM
I'd take out a loan to pay his salary to keep him off the Heat.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 05:09 PM
The complimentary players of the Heat played WAY over their heads against the Bulls. Even Heat fans should admit that. Those same players were not as effective vs the Mavs. No team is 100% come playoff time but it was quite obvious that Rose was hurt more than Wade, Noah more than Bosh, & Asik of course went down mid-way. These are the 3 Bulls the Heat struggled the most against. What are the odds that will happen again this yr? Much smaller if you ask me.

If Heat fans are going to chime in, the "crying game" was after the all-star break. I can't believe you call yourself a fan & have forgotten that so easily.

How can you say they played over their heads? The Mavs are a better team than the Bulls, that is why they were able to stop some of them.

You are making excuse after excuse. When your team was sent home by the Heat, maybe you should just wait and see what happens this year before you start with this. Honestly dude. You can speculate all you want. Fact is, the Heat have 2 players better than anything you have, and are going to add another player this offseason with the MLE that can help.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Since Heat fans are delusional, I'll spell out reality for them. The reason why the 3rd regular season game became the "crying game" for the Heat, is because the Jokers understood they gave it their all & came up short. They did not see the same Bulls team in the playoffs. Rose was battling ankle injuries in both the Pacers & Hawks series. Imagine if Wade had suffered those injuries for the Heat. Noah was a step slower & lacked playoff needed stamina. Dare I say, he wasn't that much more effective than Boozer. Asik came on strong leading into the playoffs but then went down early mid-way through the Heat series. So yes, the Heat beat something of a mash unit of Bulls in the playoffs on the strength of unusual productivity from their complimentary players.

That's not something I would feel too confident about this year if I were you.

SteBO
11-28-2011, 05:11 PM

I haven't forgotten it at all. I just find it irrelevant to the conversation. They cried, we get it. They cared about the game in the midst of gruesome losing streak. But in the grand scheme of things, it didn't mean jack ****. Whether you accept this or not is on you. I'm just filling you in on the reality of it all. There are highs and lows in the regular season. That's just the way it works......Doesn't make me any more or less of a fan than any other Heat fan on here......

Hustlenomics
11-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Is a bulls fan talking about regular season matchups like the Heat didn't nearly sweep them?

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 05:15 PM
As I recall, it started a losing streak. It wasn't in the midst of one :) Why should I be concerned with the Heat beating a mash-unit of Bulls in the ECF? At full strength I know my Bulls can beat your Heat.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Since Heat fans are delusional, I'll spell out reality for them. The reason why the 3rd regular season game became the "crying game" for the Heat, is because the Jokers understood they gave it their all & came up short. They did not see the same Bulls team in the playoffs. Rose was battling ankle injuries in both the Pacers & Hawks series. Imagine if Wade had suffered those injuries for the Heat. Noah was a step slower & lacked playoff needed stamina. Dare I say, he wasn't that much more effective than Boozer. Asik came on strong leading into the playoffs but then went down early mid-way through the Heat series. So yes, the Heat beat something of a mash unit of Bulls in the playoffs on the strength of unusual productivity from their complimentary players.

The Heat beat the Bulls soundly in the playoffs. Make any excuse you like. It doesn't change the fact that it happened. You can come up with whatever hypotheticals you wish, but nothing short of the Bulls beating them in the playoffs helps your case.

nate2usmc
11-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Until proven otherwise in Eastern Conference:

1) Heat 2) Bulls 3) Boston

UGHHHH :puke:

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 05:17 PM
IF LeBron would have played like his normal self, they beat the Mavs.
IF Jason Terry didn't play above his head for part of the series, they beat the Mavs.
IF
IF
IF

See how that works.

None of it matters. Mavs won.

FarOutIos
11-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Don't forget Whiteside... He has the potential to be way better than dalambert anyway... 5 blocks per game in 26 minutes per game... damn...

SteBO
11-28-2011, 05:18 PM

How cute....Now I know you're just trying to suck me into a silly vortex.

Allow me to spell out reality for you, Heat won the series 4-1 though it wasn't complete domination. The Bulls are a good team and you should be proud of them and excited to watch them play this year. You guys get a competent SG, we should have a much better series than last year. But if we get a competent center so your boy Joakim can't cheat off Joel in the back line of defense, then we could have even better series. it goes both ways buddy....You can puff out your chest as if you guys were the champs all you like, but reality is, the Heat sent the Bulls home. Make all the excuses you want; it doesn't change what really happened. Miami was the better team, and it could remain the same this year. Only time will tell......

Peace.

shep33
11-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Honestly, even without Sammy D Miami are the favorites out east by a long shot.

Dolfan305
11-28-2011, 05:25 PM

Big deal they lost a game vs. the Bulls and ALLEGEDLY cried. Remind me who won in the playoffs. I can make excuses too, Wade had his worst playoff series ever and the Heat still won.

ChiSoxJuan
That is ridiculous. Why should any Bulls fan judge this year's team based on the performance of a mash-unit lineup vs the Heat last yr? It's more practical to look at the matchups with the expected rosters this yr. On paper, there's no reason for Bulls fans to believe the Heat can beat them right now & odds are the expected upgrade at SG will only improve those odds. It doesn't matter whether the Heat get Dalembert. He is not going to make a difference against the Bulls front court. Deng+Noah have shown they can limit LBJ, Noah has shown he can take care of Bosh, and I'll take my chances on another yr of growth D under Thibs for Rose limiting Wade.

We're not talking about mash units now.

justinnum1

LMFAO...wow dude, wow. Haslem owned the bulls once he was put in. That complimentary that was over his head changed the series and allowed the heat to win 4 in a row...bulls didnt lose 3 in a row all season. If bulls were 100% healthy the most they would have won would be 2 games. Lebron's D just shut down rose in the 4th.

tcav701
11-28-2011, 05:28 PM
That is ridiculous. Why should any Bulls fan judge this year's team based on the performance of a mash-unit lineup vs the Heat last yr? It's more practical to look at the matchups with the expected rosters this yr. On paper, there's no reason for Bulls fans to believe the Heat can beat them right now & odds are the expected upgrade at SG will only improve those odds. It doesn't matter whether the Heat get Dalembert. He is not going to make a difference against the Bulls front court. Deng+Noah have shown they can limit LBJ, Noah has shown he can take care of Bosh, and I'll take my chances on another yr of growth D under Thibs for Rose limiting Wade.

We're not talking about mash units now.

Please just stop.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Lebron's D shutdown a 50% Rose. Not much of an accomplishment there. I can't wait to see a full strength Bulls team wipe the floor with the Heat this year.

meloman1592
11-28-2011, 05:32 PM
This bulls vs heat argument that's going on in here is pointless with all the ifs and buts going around. The heat 100% beat the bulls in the playoffs and it wasn't close. Instead of saying Miami's players played above their potential in the playoffs, how about the bulls players played above their potential in the regular season. Excuses make people look bad. And before bulls fans start crying, I hate the heat maybe even more than you do

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Lebron's D shutdown a 50% Rose. Not much of an accomplishment there. I can't wait to see a full strength Bulls team wipe the floor with the Heat this year.

:drunk:

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 05:35 PM
As I recall, the mash unit Bulls were competitive in that series. Most of the games were decided in the final minutes. The Bulls didn't over-achieve anything in the regular season. For much of the season, their front court dominated. The Heat games were no exception. Paired with the NBA's fastest PG/MVP they were tough to beat. There was only drama in the post season because that front court & the MVP were a step slower. They had lost their edge.

What seems ridiculous is to suggest their front court won't be even more dominating this year considering the experience the bench gained.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
As I recall, the mash unit Bulls were competitive in that series. Most of the games were decided in the final minutes.

As I recall, the Bulls lost the series 4-1. That is all that matters. You are simply making a ton of excuses. You play with what ya got, and both teams did. The only way to silence this is for the Bulls to beat the Heat in the playoffs. Until then, you are speaking in pure hypotheticals, which is ridiculous.

Move on dude. Please.

Evolution23
11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
He's going to Miami and that's a big problem for the rest of the league

SportsFanatic10
11-28-2011, 06:34 PM
some of the dumbest posts i've ever seen in my life are in this thread and almost all of them are by the chijuan guy lol

Big Zo
11-28-2011, 07:02 PM
As I recall, the mash unit Bulls were competitive in that series. Most of the games were decided in the final minutes. The Bulls didn't over-achieve anything in the regular season. For much of the season, their front court dominated. The Heat games were no exception. Paired with the NBA's fastest PG/MVP they were tough to beat. There was only drama in the post season because that front court & the MVP were a step slower. They had lost their edge.

What seems ridiculous is to suggest their front court won't be even more dominating this year considering the experience the bench gained.

... And then Udonis Haslem came back from injury. The Bulls never won another game.

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 07:16 PM
... And then Udonis Haslem came back from injury. The Bulls never won another game.

This. That game 2 was epic when UD came in, first the dunk on taj, then that nasty dunk on rose. Totally changed the series.

Dolfan305
11-28-2011, 07:27 PM
This. That game 2 was epic when UD came in, first the dunk on taj, then that nasty dunk on rose. Totally changed the series.

As soon as he had those 2 dunks I knew it was over. Haslem is my favorite non allstar of all time

KingPosey
11-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Malone did not win one.

Knicks21
11-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Rockets it is, they can pay him.

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Rockets it is, they can pay him.

They gonna overpay nene, gasol, chandler, or jordan.

knicks=love
11-28-2011, 07:59 PM

i don't even know where to begin with this. first off, you are probably the biggest homer ever. the kings are garbage, so he won't be back. second off, the coach has nothing to do with him getting paid.

wow. did i really just say that to someone? :facepalm:

edit: wait, isn't this the kid that said cousins is as good as dwight howard? :laugh:

blahblahyoutoo
11-28-2011, 08:12 PM
pass... don't need another offensively challenged big man.

knicks=love
11-28-2011, 08:20 PM
pass... don't need another offensively challenged big man.

but you have 2 of the top 3 best scorers in the LEAGUE. why the **** would you pass on a defensive center? :confused:

shep33
11-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I've never been a Sammy D fan, I don't get the big deal with him. He puts up mediocre numbers on bad teams. But that being said, he's still a defensive upgrade over Big Z

superwill
11-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I got a question about free agency and trades lets say a team like the Lakers or Knicks are over the salary cap wats to stop them from getting any player they want the Lakers are all ready 33 million over the cap what would 50 million over the cap hurt....someone please explain the luxury tax to me

blahblahyoutoo
11-28-2011, 08:22 PM
dont know why, but I have always seen sammy as an overrated and low IQ Center

because that's exactly what he is.

blahblahyoutoo
11-28-2011, 08:24 PM
but you have 2 of the top 3 best scorers in the LEAGUE. why the **** would you pass on a defensive center? :confused:

because we already have JA, who is just as good a defender and slightly worse at rebounding.
sam may be an upgrade offensively, but as you said, we don't need scoring.

lavilevi23
11-28-2011, 08:25 PM
We dont need anything more than Dalembert. He'd be perfect for the Heat..

knicks=love
11-28-2011, 08:25 PM
I got a question about free agency and trades lets say a team like the Lakers or Knicks are over the salary cap wats to stop them from getting any player they want the Lakers are all ready 33 million over the cap what would 50 million over the cap hurt....someone please explain the luxury tax to me

if i understood what you said, i would explain, but i have no ****ing idea what you just said. (punctuation is a WONDERFUL thing)

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 08:27 PM

If you are over the cap, you get a one time Mid Level Exception, which can net you a Mike Miller type player, or divide it up on as many players as you like, the more you divide it, the less productive player you get. After that, you can continue to add veterans minimum players, but you aren't getting guys like Dalembert for vet minimum yet, they can fetch more in the open market.

In short, you are not adding Kevin Love talent to a team over the cap, because he can fetch WAY more than the $5 million a year mid level.

The Flash
11-28-2011, 08:27 PM
In Riley i trust

knicks=love
11-28-2011, 08:28 PM
because we already have JA, who is just as good a defender and slightly worse at rebounding.

but you need defense in your front court, which you lack. he's the perfect fit for the knicks and heat because bosh and amar'e are terrible on defense. if he can score, so what? more points for you team, but in this case, there's no way in hell you should pass on a defensive center. as side from the fact that lebron only has 75 cents (doesn't have a 4th quarter :D), you guys lost in the finals because the mavs had a better front court.

Big Zo
11-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Are you on crack? Dalembert brings front court size that they don't have, and can rebound. Joel Anthony can get some blocks here and there, but c'mon. He's nothing but a good backup.

blahblahyoutoo
11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
but you need defense in your front court, which you lack. he's the perfect fit for the knicks and heat because bosh and amar'e are terrible on defense. if he can score, so what? more points for you team, but in this case, there's no way in hell you should pass on a defensive center. as side from the fact that lebron only has 75 cents (doesn't have a 4th quarter :D), you guys lost in the finals because the mavs had a better front court.

maybe you're right.
i just don't like the guy. i definitely think he's overpaid at $10M per.
he's worth about $5M imo, but if his signing means a ring, i'll gladly take him at whatever they pay.
:)

Punk
11-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I know we are interested. It's either NY or Miami.

Much like Barkley says, who wants to be apart of that sinking ship in Houston? Nobody wants to be in the titanic.

Dolfan305
11-28-2011, 08:45 PM

Funny how a Knicks fan talks **** about Lebron when they were campaigned for him for 2 years.

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Funny how a Knicks fan talks **** about Lebron when they were campaigned for him for 2 years.

Ehh, they will be **** talking CP3 and howard when they pass.

Evolution23
11-28-2011, 09:14 PM

But as of now we can talk about Lebron and Wade chocking the big one in the finals :rolleyes:

lavilevi23
11-28-2011, 09:17 PM
have your team win a playoff game before you talk **** at a Finals team. *******

Wade>You
11-28-2011, 09:19 PM
But as of now we can talk about Lebron and Wade chocking the big one in the finals :rolleyes:Yeah, there's plenty of time to talk when your favorite team is missing the playoffs or being eliminated in the first round for the past decade.

Mr Costanza
11-28-2011, 09:25 PM
You will get nowhere insulting knick fans about a first round exit last year. It was expected and frankly after the past decade it was a major step forward for them.

Dolfan305
11-28-2011, 09:28 PM

LOL thats just how it works. Right now howard and Chris Paul are the bets players in the world to the Knicks fans but if/when they choose another team they will be watching them in malice ranting about how much better Melo and Amare are.

UPRock
11-28-2011, 09:31 PM
He's joining the Miami Heat nuff said.

Mr Costanza
11-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Look at the heat fans taking out their frustration of last years shortcomings on the knicks lol

MTar786
11-28-2011, 09:35 PM
they should keep miller. sammy is just a glorified joel anthony. If they wanna go hard then amnesty miller and offer the most you can for either chandler, nene or marc gasol. Whichever one. even if its in a sign and trade and requires a draft pick plus mike miller or a young player.
but the only way the heat will improve is if they go for championship rebounding and defense (chandler) or great post players that can rebound well enough and *pass pretty well too (*gasol,nene)

Only if vlade divac was around. hed be PERFECT for them

Crackadalic
11-28-2011, 09:37 PM
If am Miami I rather have Joel as my center then Dalembert. Dalembert is more talented but he is way overrated defensively and he's shot selection sometimes is just horrible. Im too lazy to look it up but Dalembert takes more shots 15ft then around the rim. I dont want my center to do all that

Punk
11-28-2011, 09:39 PM
have your team win a playoff game before you talk **** at a Finals team. *******

How about shut it, stay classy and don't say anything if Wade, Bosh get injured and you play a healthy championship team?

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Dade County
11-28-2011, 09:45 PM
they should keep miller. sammy is just a glorified joel anthony. If they wanna go hard then amnesty miller and offer the most you can for either chandler, nene or marc gasol. Whichever one. even if its in a sign and trade and requires a draft pick plus mike miller or a young player.
but the only way the heat will improve is if they go for championship rebounding and defense (chandler) or great post players that can rebound well enough and *pass pretty well too (*gasol,nene)

Only if vlade divac was around. hed be PERFECT for them

I really would like to give Miller another chance... but you make too much sense :(

I would like a player of Gasol level on the HEAT, playing next to Bosh; and if we had Chandler, talk about the best D.

And very nice bringing up Divac, I wonder if he has nightmares of Shaq lmao

oak2455
11-28-2011, 09:48 PM
You will get nowhere insulting knick fans about a first round exit last year. It was expected and frankly after the past decade it was a major step forward for them.

bingo:clap:

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Look at the heat fans taking out their frustration of last years shortcomings on the knicks lol

This.

Miami fans, you need to act like SteBo and Mr. Baller, and grow thicker skin. You signed LeBron and Bosh, and already had Wade. The media reports when they sneeze. You will get neutral fans that become very sick of the Heat, and you can't blame them.

Relax, and enjoy the next few years.

Hawkeye15
11-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Forgot about you daleja424 :)

CityofTreez
11-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah. The Miami Heat are most likely getting a real gem in Samuel Dalembert!

GLOAT!

unleashthebeast
11-28-2011, 10:55 PM
(HEAT fan here)

I love the NBA season finally returning, the bantering back and forth between extremists on each side truly is a pleasure to see again, and is one thing that makes the NBA forum especially unique on here. Sure you see some bears vs lions, and a few other back and forths in the NFL forum, but the NBA forum is a back and forth between all powerhouses in the NBA. It really is a joy to read, and I am glad that it's back!

As for this thread, I would love to get Dally because of the huge impact he would bring to our team, but the reality is it may not be possible. If he accepts our MLE we will improve our team even more and I will be excited obviously, but I will not get my hopes up.

nate2usmc
11-28-2011, 11:08 PM
(HEAT fan here)

I love the NBA season finally returning, the bantering back and forth between extremists on each side truly is a pleasure to see again, and is one thing that makes the NBA forum especially unique on here. Sure you see some bears vs lions, and a few other back and forths in the NFL forum, but the NBA forum is a back and forth between all powerhouses in the NBA. It really is a joy to read, and I am glad that it's back!

As for this thread, I would love to get Dally because of the huge impact he would bring to our team, but the reality is it may not be possible. If he accepts our MLE we will improve our team even more and I will be excited obviously, but I will not get my hopes up.

There's no way Dalembert isn't going to the Heat. Only an idiotic FO would pay him more than the MLE for his services...lol watch some desperate GM do that and the owner of that team whine about losing $$ while doing crap like this in the next CBA!

Wade>You
11-28-2011, 11:22 PM
There's no way Dalembert isn't going to the Heat. Only an idiotic FO would pay him more than the MLE for his services...lol watch some desperate GM do that and the owner of that team whine about losing $$ while doing crap like this in the next CBA!That's exactly what's going to happen this off season, especially with the new Amnesty bidding. Teams that would never be signing these players will now be ponying up cash just to spite the Heat. With that said, I think there are teams that can legitimately benefit from the Amnesty, so I don't think it's a bad idea. Just saying that teams were crying about losing money are now going to be paying more cash just to keep players off the Heat (and Lakers, Knicks, etc. to be fair)

GhostfaceDrilla
11-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Anyone's better than Joel Anthony lol.

Yeah, he'll go to Miami. Won't make a difference once the 4th quarter comes around.

yanks08
11-28-2011, 11:40 PM
ya he wont have to worry about scoring which hes not great at and it will make bosh way better since he wont have to do any dirty work in the paint anymore he can hang on the mid range game and shoot which is what hes best at

the problem is that he wants to be a scorer.......thats why he was beefing with his coach.

fishfan79
11-29-2011, 12:42 AM
This.

Miami fans, you need to act like SteBo and Mr. Baller, and grow thicker skin. You signed LeBron and Bosh, and already had Wade. The media reports when they sneeze. You will get neutral fans that become very sick of the Heat, and you can't blame them.

pokes

Not all of us are bad, those that have been around for a long while on the site and posting normally are friendly to all. We pretty much do as you said here just relax and enjoy the ride. Personally it is fun no matter what happens in the end.

sixer04fan
11-29-2011, 12:47 AM
This.

:clap: Hawkeye always imparts such wisdom.

Raph12
11-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Who cares? It's Dalembert... With the center position as weak as it is, he still doesn't make my Top 10.

You guys talk about him like he's a top free agent or something.

TheNumber37
11-29-2011, 01:34 AM
The Knicks should make a hard run, if nothing but to rise the price that Miami has to pay for him.

Wade>You
11-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Who cares? It's Dalembert... With the center position as weak as it is, he still doesn't make my Top 10.

You guys talk about him like he's a top free agent or something.ESPN called. They're waiting for you to publish your top 10 so they can put it up on Sportscenter.

The Knicks should make a hard run, if nothing but to rise the price that Miami has to pay for him.
Yeah, I'd expect to see that, like last year when the Mavs tried to pry UD away from us.

GhostfaceDrilla
11-29-2011, 02:34 AM
ESPN called. They're waiting for you to publish your top 10 so they can put it up on Sportscenter.

Yeah, I'd expect to see that, like last year when the Mavs tried to pry UD away from us.

In no order

1. Dwight Howard
2. Andrew Bynum
3. Andrew Bogut
4. Tyson Chandler
5. Joakim Noah
6. Nene
7. Marc Gasol
8. Roy Hibbert
9. Brook Lopez
10. Emeka Okafor
11. Marcus Camby
12. Marcin Gortat
13. JaVale McGee
14. Al Jefferson
15. DeMarcus Cousins

Raph12
11-29-2011, 02:43 AM
ESPN called. They're waiting for you to publish your top 10 so they can put it up on Sportscenter.

I know, I already spoke with them, but I hung up when I heard Skip Bayless in the backround screaming "DALEMBERT IS THE BEST CENTER IN FREE AGENCY!!!" :rolleyes:

I know every mention of the Heat is like gospel to you, but the rest of us don't give a ****.

In no order

1. Dwight Howard
2. Andrew Bynum
3. Andrew Bogut
4. Tyson Chandler
5. Joakim Noah
6. Nene
7. Marc Gasol
8. Roy Hibbert
9. Brook Lopez
10. Emeka Okafor
11. Marcus Camby
12. Marcin Gortat
13. JaVale McGee
14. Al Jefferson
15. DeMarcus Cousins

Thank you, I'd even throw Jermaine O'Neal, Greg Monroe, Andrea Bargnani and Kendrick Perkins ahead of him... He's almost on par with Robin Lopez and Darko Millicic

Wade>You
11-29-2011, 02:50 AM
I know, I already spoke with them, but I hung up when I heard Skip Bayless in the backround screaming "DALEMBERT IS THE BEST CENTER IN FREE AGENCY!!!" :rolleyes:

I know every mention of the Heat is like gospel to you, but the rest of us don't give a ****.

Thank you, I'd even throw Jermaine O'Neal, Greg Monroe, Andrea Bargnani and Kendrick Perkins ahead of him... He's almost on par with Robin Lopez and Darko MillicicI don't even know what you're talking about. I just thought it was funny the way you phrased your sentence, it had nothing to do with Dalembert or any Center for that matter. Have a sense of humor.

Raph12
11-29-2011, 03:01 AM
I don't even know what you're talking about. I just thought it was funny the way you phrased your sentence, it had nothing to do with Dalembert or any Center for that matter. Have a sense of humor.

My bad man, thought you were taking a shot at me :cheers:

Wade>You
11-29-2011, 03:03 AM
My bad man, thought you were taking a shot at me :cheers:No hard feelings, cheers :cheers:

Dade County
11-29-2011, 03:09 AM
My bad man, thought you were taking a shot at me :cheers:

No hard feelings, cheers :cheers:

:catfight: and then :love:

lmao

Raph12
11-29-2011, 03:12 AM
:catfight: and then :love:

lmao

THIS IS MEN!!! Of PSD :p