PDA

View Full Version : btw have they arranged the REALLY glaring and disgusting loophole?

Hellcrooner
11-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Called the ilgauskas or Payton loophole.

I trade you my big expiring for a ton of talent then you cut him and he signs back with me.

daleja424
11-27-2011, 10:08 PM
no... new rule will make it so you cannot sign a guy for the rest of the year after trading him.

iggypop123
11-27-2011, 10:52 PM
they fixed that its now banned.

5ass
11-27-2011, 11:03 PM
they fixed it, and its not GLARING and DISGUSTING, nice job overreacting.. i thought it was going to be much more important than that

likemystylez
11-27-2011, 11:07 PM
they fixed it, and its not GLARING and DISGUSTING, nice job overreacting.. i thought it was going to be much more important than that

it was a pretty horrible loophole, that seemed to completely destroy the idea of balancing out the league. How on earth could fans root for a team that was doing that... basically helping another team get better.

Whats more discusting is that Dan Gilbert had a lot of things going his way and the second he gets the short end of the stick in one situation... he crys about it..... and acts like the system is broken and the nba is in a horrible place

NY-FLmagicknick
11-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Has anyone heard of a "stretch clause" that was added to the new cba. i read it in another thread and was wondering if it was true.

for example....
PLAYER X remaining 35 million 3 yr contract will affect the cap for the next 7 yrs instead of only the next 3, that means 5 million per year over the next 7 yrs

Wade>You
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
it was a pretty horrible loophole, that seemed to completely destroy the idea of balancing out the league. How on earth could fans root for a team that was doing that... basically helping another team get better.

Whats more disgusting is that Dan Gilbert had a lot of things going his way and the second he gets the short end of the stick in one situation... he crys about it..... and acts like the system is broken and the nba is in a horrible placeAgreed, it's a good thing they fixed this one. Oddly enough it benefits both teams involved in the trade, but since the NBA has a rule about it, the rule should be enforced .

likemystylez
11-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Agreed, it's a good thing they fixed this one. Oddly enough it benefits both teams involved in the trade, but since the NBA has a rule about it, the rule should be enforced .

How on earth does it bennefit both teams? In the washington clevland big z deal. Clev ended up with jamison AND Z and the wizards traded their best player and got nothing. Sure they cleared his contract... but thats not the type of trade that fans are going to get excited about.... a good trade is going to help a team win their next game... not a trade that may or may not pan out in 15 yrs.... LOL not when your trading an all star.

llemon
11-28-2011, 12:12 AM

Whats more discusting is that Dan Gilbert had a lot of things going his way and the second he gets the short end of the stick in one situation... he crys about it..... and acts like the system is broken and the nba is in a horrible place

Well, Dan Gilbert is a soulless goon that will be cast into hell, if there is a hell.

If there isn't a hell (and I don't believe there is in the afterlife), it means that the majority of us are living hell on earth, while the true demons are in control of our lives.

But it's all speculation, other than Dan Gilbert is a lowlife D-Bag of the highest rank.

llemon
11-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Has anyone heard of a "stretch clause" that was added to the new cba. i read it in another thread and was wondering if it was true.

for example....
PLAYER X remaining 35 million 3 yr contract will affect the cap for the next 7 yrs instead of only the next 3, that means 5 million per year over the next 7 yrs

Yeah, there are a few threads that discuss it. I like the rule.

Wade>You
11-28-2011, 12:37 AM
How on earth does it bennefit both teams? In the washington clevland big z deal. Clev ended up with jamison AND Z and the wizards traded their best player and got nothing. Sure they cleared his contract... but thats not the type of trade that fans are going to get excited about.... a good trade is going to help a team win their next game... not a trade that may or may not pan out in 15 yrs.... LOL not when your trading an all star.Washington dumped an albatross contract, Cleveland gets to add a player and keep a player. Sounds like it benefits both teams.

Not necessarily true, some teams need to think about the future, not the next game. Ex: Sonics/Thunder trading Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis, they're a better team now than before when they had those two.

5ass
11-28-2011, 02:36 AM
you guys are acting like the wizards couldnt have kept ilgauskus. They could have told him to stay and play out his contract.

llemon
11-28-2011, 02:49 AM
you guys are acting like the wizards couldnt have kept ilgauskus. They could have told him to stay and play out his contract.

Iggy couldn't go back to Cavs for 30 days.

Anilyzer
11-28-2011, 03:27 AM
Actually, and I don't know hy this is never talked about, but when contracts are traded they should be weighed in terms of (dollars per year) x (number of years).

For instance, it doesn't make sense that u can trade a $8M a year expiring, for an $8M a year 7 year contract. That's trading $8M for $56M. Time is always the forgotten dimension.

ldawg
11-28-2011, 11:25 AM
I dont blame Lebron for bolting Cavs anymore. These low bugget team will wish they did not do that when they are on the brink but can't sign no one else.