PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard's babies mother says Dwight has mind made up, is leaving Orlando

Pages : [1] 2

DoMeFavors
11-27-2011, 07:40 PM
This is the conversation that Royce Reed of basketball wives to Orlando fans telling them Dwight has mind made up and is leaving Orlando.

http://i39.tinypic.com/244ntb7.jpg

Bruno
11-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Who can offer Orlando the best package while keeping a serious contender around Dwight?

Crackadalic
11-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Watch this be breaking news on ESPN and viewership of Basketball wives will increase :facepalm:

Iodine
11-27-2011, 07:45 PM
She is about as credible as Bernie Madoff

MJ-BULLS
11-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Is this even legit.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Bosh and anthony, im sure pat will be asking.

Mr Costanza
11-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Is this even legit.

Come on, read the title of the thread then ask yourself that question.

marj987
11-27-2011, 07:54 PM
What's her number?

chicago lulz
11-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Come on, read the title of the thread then ask yourself that question.

lol...DoMeFavors has posted just about everything relating to Howard leaving the Magic. I hope he isn't too disappointed if Howard doesn't sign with the Nets.

Robbw241
11-27-2011, 07:55 PM
It's official then.

Tmath
11-27-2011, 07:57 PM
We all know he's coming to the raptors.

Knicks21
11-27-2011, 07:59 PM
LAL or NJ. Others aren't realistic.

Raph12
11-27-2011, 08:00 PM
It's official then.

This lol, she's just making stuff up about him to stay relevant (like when she said he never comes to see his son), but I do agree that I think he's gone... Barring a miracle.

Jint.
11-27-2011, 08:00 PM
I think everyone knows hes not staying in Orlando.

JohnnyCash
11-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Please come to the Bulls, Howard!

DoMeFavors
11-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Duhon, Qrich, Hedo, Arenas, Bass, Jameer all have long deals with big money, Dwight is not going to win a championship with them.

Mr Costanza
11-27-2011, 08:06 PM
lol...DoMeFavors has posted just about everything relating to Howard leaving the Magic. I hope he isn't too disappointed if Howard doesn't sign with the Nets.

The Melo sweepstakes was a lot for him. The disappointment he will feel when he realizes nobody wants to play for the nets, especially a player like Howard, may be too much.

Wade>You
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Duhon, Qrich, Hedo, Arenas, Bass, Jameer all have long deals with big money, Dwight is not going to win a championship with them.lol man, Otis Smith really screwed up. Only good players on Magic are Jameer and Dwight.

BranWingss
11-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Maybe the Thunder try and make a move towards him. They have Harden, Perkins, Maynor, and maybe some picks.

chicago lulz
11-27-2011, 08:11 PM
The Melo sweepstakes was a lot for him. The disappointment he will feel when he realizes nobody wants to play for the nets, especially a player like Howard, may be too much.

That's why he's not getting off the delusion train anytime soon.

Rosh
11-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Whether Howard ends up leaving and she's telling the truth, it could just as easily be a ploy to get attention.

DoMeFavors
11-27-2011, 08:15 PM

Knicks had Amare, Nets had no other star here
With Dwight, we already have Deron here
And Dwight is a MUCH better player than Melo

oak2455
11-27-2011, 08:21 PM
you talk about making a desperate thread.....

BREAKING NEWS Deron's Babies Momma say's he doesnt want to be a Net Nomore:eyebrow:

Now what??

DoMeFavors
11-27-2011, 08:23 PM
you talk about making a desperate thread.....

BREAKING NEWS Deron's Babies Momma say's he doesnt want to be a Net Nomore:eyebrow:

Now what??

Deron and Dwight and their defense knocks the Knicks out of the playoffs everytime and is right up there with Miami. Its very likely Dwight is coming to the Nets get over it.

MJ-BULLS
11-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Whether Howard ends up leaving and she's telling the truth, it could just as easily be a ploy to get attention.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

oak2455
11-27-2011, 08:24 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33114723

Geargo Wallace
11-27-2011, 08:25 PM
baby momma needs to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaHcZUHI00

ManRam
11-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Hopefully he doesn't hold us hostage like Melo did at least...

Not sure I believe it, but considering most already believe this to be the case...whatever.

John Walls Era
11-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Nothing says reliable source like a baby mama

oak2455
Deron and Dwight and their defense knocks the Knicks out of the playoffs everytime and is right up there with Miami. Its very likely Dwight is coming to the Nets get over it.

ok if you say soo.. says the guy that Melo would be a Net:clap::clap:

DoMeFavors
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33114723

Im no concerned from what im heard from all sources is he is likely to stay on the Nets. If it makes you feel better to read that then keep finding them.

oak2455
11-27-2011, 08:27 PM
baby momma needs to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaHcZUHI00

lmao:D

oak2455
11-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Im no concerned from what im heard from all sources is he is likely to stay on the Nets. If it makes you feel better to read that then keep finding them.

I wish I knew what you were saying:confused:

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Whoever is getting howard, hope they also like turk:)

Iodine
11-27-2011, 08:43 PM
This threads gonna get awesome

beliges
11-27-2011, 08:46 PM
i wish i knew what you were saying:confused:

lol

smith&wesson
11-27-2011, 08:46 PM
gasol and bynum for howard.

oak2455
11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
So lets say a trade senario what do the Nets give up:confused: Kloe Kardashian?? because Kim is off the table:D seriously what do they have to offer the Magic?

BKLYNpigeon
11-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Dwight can go where ever he wants to. He has a year left on his contract and he can hold Orlando hostage. I think he will end up in LA. Lakers can package one of their big men and a few draft picks.

oak2455
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM

I think thats a fair trade

Mr Costanza

So lets say trade senario what do the Nets give up:confused: Kloe Kardashian?? because Kim is of the table:D seriously what do they have to offer the Magic?

All non net fans know he is going to the lakers.

beliges

Lakers wont give up both Bynum and Gasol but I think Bynum and fillers would be the best deal Orlando can get for Dwight. Bynum is a young talented center that Orlando can build around. Plus if they include Turk, they can get rid of a horrible contract. Id even be surprised if the Lakers gave up Bynum and Lamar in a deal for Howard. I think a deal can definitely be worked out between the two teams for Bynum + fillers. But i guess we wait and see if the Magic even trade him.

Valkyrie
11-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I think he goes to Nets

thenetslegend
11-27-2011, 08:52 PM
**** you in the neck!

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Lakers wont give up both Bynum and Gasol but I think Bynum and fillers would be the best deal Orlando can get for Dwight. Bynum is a young talented center that Orlando can build around. Plus if they include Turk, they can get rid of a horrible contract. Id even be surprised if the Lakers gave up Bynum and Lamar in a deal for Howard. I think a deal can definitely be worked out between the two teams for Bynum + fillers. But i guess we wait and see if the Magic even trade him.

Bynum is always hurt...i would think they rather have bosh over bynum

Raph12
11-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Whoever is getting howard, hope they also like turk:)

I think that's what the amnesty clause is for, so that the awesome teams can trade for Dwight, dip Turk/Arenas and just become even more awesome.

Mr Costanza
11-27-2011, 08:55 PM

You have a good point. Whats CBSsports as a source compared to a baby mamas tweets?

DoMeFavors
11-27-2011, 08:56 PM
All non net fans know he is going to the lakers.

Doesnt matter what fans think, it matters what Dwight wants. Dwight wants to come to the Nets.

nystandup
11-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Doesnt matter what fans think, it matters what Dwight wants. Dwight wants to come to the Nets.

Yeah because you say so....a fan

Dade County
11-27-2011, 09:13 PM

What is wrong with you... :laugh2: You sound like a mad man :laugh:

OKC should be his destination..... or the Hornets. But if one GM can put a package together, it's Mr Pat Riley.

oak2455
11-27-2011, 09:13 PM
You have a good point. Whats CBSsports as a source compared to a baby mamas tweets?

Yeah because you say so....a fan

Remember they already have Melo as per DoMe:D

Iodine
11-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Bynum is less than 2 full years younger than Howard.....

Ans why are all these trades about helping the magic financially giving them Gasol too?

I know he is a good player, but he cant take them to near the same level and his contract hurts them too since its still 3 years

He should just go to the spurs for Splitter+McDyess+Bon Bon :)

LA_Raiders
11-27-2011, 09:27 PM
he is Lakers bond

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 09:31 PM
I think that's what the amnesty clause is for, so that the awesome teams can trade for Dwight, dip Turk/Arenas and just become even more awesome.

no. You cant amnesty a player you just traded for. Magic will amnesty arenas but will still be stuck with turk.

Iodine
11-27-2011, 09:42 PM
no. You cant amnesty a player you just traded for. Magic will amnesty arenas but will still be stuck with turk.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0905/facts-demotivational-poster-1243609704.jpg

phlp_bj
11-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Who can offer Orlando the best package while keeping a serious contender around Dwight?

Throwing the homer stuff aside, the Bulls. We can offer a deal around a young center in Noah, who is locked up. We could also send them one of the following as well; Gibson, Deng, Boozer. If they insist on Noah+Deng, we could do Howard+Hedo and this would help them even more by taking Hedo off their hands. We would have a lineup of:

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: whoever we sign this year
SF: Hedo Turkoglu
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Dwight Howard

*that's if they take Deng.

Another obvious team would be the Heat. They could send either Wade/Bron for Dwight. The Thunder could also come in the mix. Maybe a package around Westbrook and Ibaka? Many teams with good young players to send back.

fin_frenzy_84
11-27-2011, 09:43 PM

Im sure the Magic will laugh at Pat

kntresistheheat
11-27-2011, 09:46 PM
I think he goes to LA for Gasol/odom trade? It's also a possibility that he might go to the Knicks, (amare) or a Heat (bosh)? I think fillers would be involved? I also forgot about the bulls. They have some young pieces as well.

fin_frenzy_84
11-27-2011, 09:49 PM
I dont understand why people leave out Chicago as one of the teams he would want to go to... He is great friends with Rose and has a chance to win a championship there. I dont know if Chicago will go after him but I can see Dwight wanting to go there. The Bulls can offer Noah/Deng or Noah/Boozer Or Deng/Boozer and also can offer a pick that has potential to be a lottery pick and also Korver or Brewer.

Im not saying it will happen but the Bulls have pieces to make a trade for him. Im just saying dont sleep on the Bulls.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Throwing the homer stuff aside, the Bulls. We can offer a deal around a young center in Noah, who is locked up. We could also send them one of the following as well; Gibson, Deng, Boozer. If they insist on Noah+Deng, we could do Howard+Hedo and this would help them even more by taking Hedo off their hands. We would have a lineup of:

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: whoever we sign this year
SF: Hedo Turkoglu
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Dwight Howard

*that's if they take Deng.

Another obvious team would be the Heat. They could send either Wade/Bron for Dwight. The Thunder could also come in the mix. Maybe a package around Westbrook and Ibaka? Many teams with good young players to send back.
:rolleyes:

ne3xchamps
11-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Oh, well as long as his baby's mom says he's leaving we all mine as well start predicting on where he will end up! :laugh:

phlp_bj
11-27-2011, 09:54 PM
I mentioned your heat, don't worry

NBA_Starter
11-27-2011, 09:56 PM
******* be trippin'

Bravo95
11-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Watch this be breaking news on ESPN and viewership of Basketball wives will increase :facepalm:
:laugh2: Yeah, I wouldn't trust anything from her.

John Walls Era
11-27-2011, 10:02 PM
I thought Dwight refuses to play with Lebron or so he mentioned in an interview that was posted a while back.

MickeyMgl
11-27-2011, 10:03 PM

Lakers

MickeyMgl
11-27-2011, 10:06 PM

Lebron for Dwight. If I'm Orlando, I say yes. If I'm Miami, I say yes.

Cal827
11-27-2011, 10:15 PM
People are being delusional again... Someone tell me, how does Bynum/Gasol or Bosh + Anthony for Howard make Orlando a contender.... If anything, Orlando would be looking to rebuild after losing a franchise player... Even if Bynum is healthy and peaks, do you honestly believe with that core of declining players that Bynum/Gasol or Bosh could get that team past the likes of Miami (Who would be even more difficult if the Miami deal goes through)... or Chicago... they would be a borderline playoff team that would get their *** handed to them for the next five years... they might as well just let him walk out... with the enhanced revenue sharing and the BRI increase, Orlando could manage a rebuild and not lose too much money... They would go for a team that could offer them high draft picks in order to enhance the rebuild. So teams at the top should be teams like the Clippers, the Nets, even the Raptors... as all three will likely be in the top 5 (clippers maybe even twice)... and all have the money to sign him outright. Of other teams New York and Boston should come up since they can sign him outright. Ill bet that he doesn't end up in LA with the Lakers.

I think Miami has a better chance of getting him than the Lakers do, but that would require a Lebron for Dwight Swap... since they are arguably the two top players in the league.

avrpatsfan
11-27-2011, 10:18 PM
I saw Dwight at an NBA game, and I know that he's going to stay with the Magic. Take that *****. I know him better.

rhymeratic
11-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Reading this thread reminds me of Bush claiming there was WMD's in IRAQ...

oak2455
11-27-2011, 10:26 PM
I dont understand why people leave out Chicago as one of the teams he would want to go to... He is great friends with Rose and has a chance to win a championship there. I dont know if Chicago will go after him but I can see Dwight wanting to go there. The Bulls can offer Noah/Deng or Noah/Boozer Or Deng/Boozer and also can offer a pick that has potential to be a lottery pick and also Korver or Brewer.

Im not saying it will happen but the Bulls have pieces to make a trade for him. Im just saying dont sleep on the Bulls.

Nobody wants Boozer....nobody

lavilevi23
11-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Lakers actually get worse if they trade both Gasol and Bynum. Orlando wont trade with the Heat since they are in the same division. I can see him going to the Nets with Deron or to the Hornets with Paul. Knicks and Bulls are out of the question IMO.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 10:40 PM

This.

BigCityofDreams
11-27-2011, 11:12 PM

A couple of hours ago on ESPN radio

Stephen A Smith: Dwight wants to come to the Lakers. He wants to go to LA

Stephan A. doesn't agree with you lol.

Johann
11-27-2011, 11:18 PM
#torontobound

5ass
11-27-2011, 11:35 PM
I saw Dwight at an NBA game, and I know that he's going to stay with the Magic. Take that *****. I know him better.

i believe you

ChiSoxJuan
11-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Deng has 3 yrs left so his deal looks more attractive to ORL now. Noah+Deng is probably the best offer they will get. Noah's health is better than Bynum's & Deng has been rock solid health-wise for 2 yrs now. There's no pkg that can beat that, & for teams that might come close, Chicago has a potential lottery pick from Charlotte.

There is no pressure/incentive now for Howard to extend in a mid-season trade. Odds are he's only traded as a mid-season rental & forces ORL's hand to do a S&T next summer to the team of his choice. The Bulls look real attractive then.

The Bulls just have to FAE or SAE Boozer to free up the space, & then they give up future picks & the cap space to ORL. Howard is then looking at his future:
C Howard/Asik
PF Noah/Gibson
SF Deng/future Char pick
SG 2011 FA/Brewer
PG Rose/Watson

That looks like a team built to contend for championships for at least the next 5 yrs.

gwrighter
11-27-2011, 11:41 PM

Jonas, Ed Davis + two future 1st round draft picks

Orlando wants to rebuild offering them a potential star caliber frontcourt and two future 1sts is the best deal they can get.

next step sign Deron in the offseason.

Raph12
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM

You can't amnesty anyone during the season, but you can trade for a player and then amnesty them prior to the beginning of next season.

ALDAVIS>NFL
11-27-2011, 11:47 PM

Is this a joke? **** no lakers are getting robbed! Orlando can **** off if that's what they are asking for

gwrighter
11-27-2011, 11:48 PM
People are being delusional again... Someone tell me, how does Bynum/Gasol or Bosh + Anthony for Howard make Orlando a contender.... If anything, Orlando would be looking to rebuild after losing a franchise player... Even if Bynum is healthy and peaks, do you honestly believe with that core of declining players that Bynum/Gasol or Bosh could get that team past the likes of Miami (Who would be even more difficult if the Miami deal goes through)... or Chicago... they would be a borderline playoff team that would get their *** handed to them for the next five years... they might as well just let him walk out... with the enhanced revenue sharing and the BRI increase, Orlando could manage a rebuild and not lose too much money... They would go for a team that could offer them high draft picks in order to enhance the rebuild. So teams at the top should be teams like the Clippers, the Nets, even the Raptors... as all three will likely be in the top 5 (clippers maybe even twice)... and all have the money to sign him outright. Of other teams New York and Boston should come up since they can sign him outright. Ill bet that he doesn't end up in LA with the Lakers.

I think Miami has a better chance of getting him than the Lakers do, but that would require a Lebron for Dwight Swap... since they are arguably the two top players in the league.

Solid post, Orlando is looking to rebuild, not take on players that will manage them a low playoff seed and perpetual mediocrity.

side note:I doubt in-state rivals would trade with each other however. But thats just my opinion.

ALDAVIS>NFL
11-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Howard will be a laker before febuarary I just hope the lakers don't give up too much

ChiSoxJuan
11-27-2011, 11:53 PM
I think you're right about the amnesty option. I think it shares the same window as FA signings. A team can go over the cap & even into LT levels with a mid-season trade or FA signing & then use FAE or SAE to get under before Oct 15th. I don't see a team being able to use an amnesty option mid-season to facilitate a mid-season trade.

JNA17
11-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Everybody and their grandmothers know that Dwight is leaving Orlando. Not because of this article though, because its been pretty damn obvious for the last couple of years. He has the same exact signs Lebron and Melo did, he's too frustrated with his team to continue to play for them anymore, and for some stupid reason, Orlando will refuse to trade him and get pieces in return and lose him for nothing.

As for where he will go, Nets and Lakers are really the only destinations I see him going. Knicks are too busy looking to get Chris Paul, and Dwight has shown a lot of interest in Hollywood or playing with a great PG like Deron Williams.

NY-FLmagicknick
11-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Dwight can sign with the lakers after this season without any trade during this season. Bynum and lamars contracts can come off the books if the lakers want, because of the "team option"in both of their contracts. Both contracts equal 26million.

Dade County
11-28-2011, 12:09 AM
I refuse to read any bulls post about trading their players for Howard (insane)

And for the people that say Miami would have to trade LBJ for Howard, why don't you guys say to the bulls fans that they have to trade rose for Howard (Now you know how I feel.... some of you posters are.......... insane)

Teams like Miami & the Bulls would have to trade their talent to other teams, to acquire lottery draft picks and young talent..... Then they could ship that over to the Magic, like Cal827 said (about the Magic are looking for young talent & draft picks)....

The magic are in rebuilding mode if Howard leaves.

NO one wants Boozer, Deng, Gasol, Odom...etc

The Magic want top ten drift picks and young talent..... Case close.

Raph12
11-28-2011, 12:12 AM
I refuse to read any bulls post about trading their players for Howard (insane)

And for the people that say Miami would have to trade LBJ for Howard, why don't you guys say to the bulls fans that they have to trade rose for Howard (Now you know how I feel.... some of you posters are.......... insane)

Teams like Miami & the Bulls would have to trade their talent to other teams, to acquire lottery draft picks and young talent..... Then they could ship that over to the Magic, like Cal827 said (about the Magic are looking for young talent & draft picks)....

The magic are in rebuilding mode if Howard leaves.

NO one wants Boozer, Deng, Gasol, Odom...etc

The Magic want top ten drift picks and young talent..... Case close.

Finally someone gets it... Although we wouldn't mind Lebron if you're offering ;)

Dade County
11-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Deng has 3 yrs left so his deal looks more attractive to ORL now. Noah+Deng is probably the best offer they will get. Noah's health is better than Bynum's & Deng has been rock solid health-wise for 2 yrs now. There's no pkg that can beat that, & for teams that might come close, Chicago has a potential lottery pick from Charlotte.

There is no pressure/incentive now for Howard to extend in a mid-season trade. Odds are he's only traded as a mid-season rental & forces ORL's hand to do a S&T next summer to the team of his choice. The Bulls look real attractive then.

The Bulls just have to FAE or SAE Boozer to free up the space, & then they give up future picks & the cap space to ORL. Howard is then looking at his future:
C Howard/Asik
PF Noah/Gibson
SF Deng/future Char pick
SG 2011 FA/Brewer
PG Rose/Watson

That looks like a team built to contend for championships for at least the next 5 yrs.

Trade rose & fillers for Howard.... Thank YOU!

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Dwight can sign with the lakers after this season without any trade during this season. Bynum and lamars contracts can come off the books if the lakers want, because of the "team option"in both of their contracts. Both contracts equal 26million.

No they are still over the cap....

Dade County
11-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Please come to the Bulls, Howard!

Trade rose & fillers for Howard.... thank YOU!

Dade County
11-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Finally someone gets it... Although we wouldn't mind Lebron if you're offering ;)

Insane ... lol

Pat would never do that, but I know you are joking.

JNA17
11-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Trade rose & fillers for Howard.... Thank YOU!

LBJ for Howard, that way the Heat can finally win those 8 championships with a real big 3! And best of all, Lebron will be dealing with dust in Orlando, everybody wins! :clap:

Taimla
11-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Well... If knicks manage to get chris paul before christmas, i can see knicks trade Amare to orlando for Dwight.

oak2455
11-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Do we know which babies momma it is, because Dwight has a few...one a notorious crackhead

Raph12
11-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Insane ... lol

Pat would never do that, but I know you are joking.

Although the Heat would likely get better, it would be stupid to give up the best player in the league for a guy who'll likely be traded to another team for young talent & picks... Insane would be right.

Dade County
11-28-2011, 12:26 AM
LBJ for Howard, that way the Heat can finally win those 8 championships with a real big 3! And best of all, Lebron will be dealing with dust in Orlando, everybody wins! :clap:

Insanity .......

I wonder how this concept started, trade Lbj for Howard; I just don't understand it :shrug:

DCsports
11-28-2011, 12:36 AM
The baby mama is always a relabel source.

LTBaByyy
11-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Were all making too much of it, whoever gets him wont win a championship I guarantee it.

Unless he steps in Shaqs career steps and goes to LA

Raph12
11-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Insanity .......

I wonder how this concept started, trade Lbj for Howard; I just don't understand it :shrug:

If Dwight were signed for the next 4-6 years, then it would make sense, as Orlando wouldn't be in a desperate situation and it would just be trading the best player for the best center (also Top 2/3 player).

And even then, I would think Riley would want to trade Wade and fillers instead of giving up the younger, better player in Lebron.

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Other news Samuel Dalambert is interested in Miami, NY, and Houston

Dade County
11-28-2011, 12:48 AM
If Dwight were signed for the next 4-6 years, then it would make sense, as Orlando wouldn't be in a desperate situation and it would just be trading the best player for the best center (also Top 2/3 player).

And even then, I would think Riley would want to trade Wade and fillers instead of giving up the younger, better player in Lebron.

You can not trade a player like LBJ, if he is not in the last year of his contract.... sorry.

Other news Samuel Dalambert is interested in Miami, NY, and Houston

Miami "South Beach"...... NY " Big Apple aka the mecca"........ Houston " Home town"

Raph12
11-28-2011, 12:53 AM
You can not trade a player like LBJ, if he is not in the last year of his contract.... sorry.

If Wade and Lebron were the same age, then Riley would be an idiot not to trade Dwight for Lebron at this point. Dwight's younger and has gotten better each year, he would also compliment Wade and Bosh much better than Lebron does; and the defense that was already elite prior to Lebron's arrival would rival the great defenses of alltime...

If Wade and Lebron were the same age, LBJ for D12 (already resigned) would be an ideal trade, but they're not so this statement is moot.

kpjets
11-28-2011, 12:54 AM
i am just hoping he don't go to the Lakers

fin_frenzy_84
11-28-2011, 01:12 AM

Ok i also said Deng and noah

SA5195
11-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Here we go with all the speculations and rumours.

I love NBA basketball :D

Dade County
11-28-2011, 01:16 AM

You forgot to mention rose too.......

Rose & fillers for Howard... Thank You!

oak2455
11-28-2011, 01:22 AM

They would probably do Deng + Noah

soundjunkies2
11-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Are baby mommas even creditable sources?

Tony_Starks
11-28-2011, 01:24 AM
Since baby mamma's are not to be trusted under any circumstances I wouldn't put too much stock in this.......

Cal827
11-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Are baby mommas even creditable sources?

Of course they are.... until they go on Maury :D

iggypop123
11-28-2011, 01:54 AM
Of course they are.... until they go on Maury :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coYY7V9AVPc&feature=related

More-Than-Most
11-28-2011, 01:57 AM
I want the sixers to get him so very very badly

CityofTreez
11-28-2011, 02:01 AM
I've seen one of Dwight Howard's baby mommas on that tv show.

I'd stick it to her, and slap her afterwards!

RipCity32
11-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Well glad all the speculation is finally over.lol

Angelus™
11-28-2011, 02:34 AM
I wouldnt take what she says seriously. I mean what would she know anyways

MTar786
11-28-2011, 02:36 AM
bynum,odom,blake,walton, two first picks and a 2nd pick for jameer, hedo and dwight and a 1st pick

nelson/fisher
kobe/brown
artest/barnes
gasol/hedo
howard

game over

samus
11-28-2011, 03:01 AM
i'd say lebron for dwight howard but it wouldn't be fair and it wouldn't make sense, a perfect miami team would be wade,lebron and howard though, arguably the three best players in the nba at the moment, and then at least we could not 3 not 4 not 5 .....

nystandup
11-28-2011, 03:13 AM
l

nystandup
11-28-2011, 03:13 AM
how do i make my sig pic bigger?

oak2455
11-28-2011, 04:17 AM
how do i make my sig pic bigger?

Hold on asking Lebron James baby momma:D

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2011, 04:41 AM
Stephen A Smith said on his radio show today its either LA or Brooklyn for Dwight. It prolly means nothing cuz you all know hoe these reporters are with their flip flopping but Stephen A Smith is the one that first called Lebron to MIA so...

Venomous88
11-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Otis Smith has said the offers have been pouring in all-around the NBA, and the answer will continue to be "No". With that said, I see Orlando taking the gamble of waiting until Free Agency, which I believe is the smart thing to do. Any other package (except LeBron, Rose, and Durant) will only keep them in mediocrity, so why not let him walk if he does, let the contracts expire, and rebuild around a new superstar.

Dwight is leaving via Free Agency and I can see him going to either places: New Jersey Nets as long as Williams commits, Clippers pending on how good Gordon+Griffin do this season, Knicks if they don't go after Chris Paul, Thunder with Westbrook and Durant. The best option is the Thunder in my opinion where we will see classic finals between the Thunder and Heat for the next 4-5 years. Superteams ftw

Venomous88
11-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Question? If the Magic use the Amnesty Clause on Arenas, won't they have space themselves to afford CP3, Deron Williams or Steve Nash?

LakersKB24
11-28-2011, 07:27 AM

What if Dwight pulls a Carmelo Anthony and says he won't sign the extension with one of the teams you stated? Why would any team give up that much for a rental?

I'm sure the Nuggets would have loved to trade Melo to the Nets for Favors and multiple 1st rounders.

If Dwight says he wants to go to the Lakers the Magic basically have no choice but to take what the Lakers are offering them.
If they just let him walk, they are screwed, because not only they lose their franchise player but they would still be over the cap with nothing in return.

LakersKB24
11-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Question? If the Magic use the Amnesty Clause on Arenas, won't they have space themselves to afford CP3, Deron Williams or Steve Nash?

Not if Diwght stays.

http://www.sportscity.com/NBA/Orlando-Magic-Salaries

Badluck33
11-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Don't sleep on the Bulls.

:)

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2011, 08:18 AM

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 08:43 AM

:sleep:

ldawg
11-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Say what you want but when healthy Bynum is the best true center in the game today Howard aside. If Orlando is the loose Howard Bynum is the best guy to fill that hole. He was the best Laker against Mavs, they had no answer for him. He had a long time off to rest and work out and is only 24. Look at his stats and he is not even the focal point.

RevisIsland
11-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Well to be fair... Did we expect any less?

JDMVP
11-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Orlando would be dumb enough not to even try to explore trading him. I mean let's not joke around anymore ORLANDO is a franchise going NOWHERE. They got too many overpaid players and they don't really have any pieces to trade that would make them a contender because of those BIG AWFUL contracts.

DR_1
11-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Coming to the Bulls!

NY-FLmagicknick
11-28-2011, 09:08 AM

We would have to amnesty gilbert,stretch clause hedo, and package a trade deal of reddick ,bass,and jameer for expirings.

ldawg
11-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Say what you what when focus and on top of his game Bynum is the best true center in the game. Orlando would be stupid not to take that deal.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 09:36 AM
The Bulls won't trade for Howard as a mid-season rental & there isn't any incentive for him to do an E&T. So coming to the Bulls would be an S&T where ORL gets Cav like comp. D12 will be going to the team he wants & he's not going to gut that team in the process.

truther
11-28-2011, 09:41 AM
i dont see how signing with brooklyn will get dwight a ring any time soon

ldawg
11-28-2011, 09:53 AM
I would love to see him in La among all teams. his best bet is to go to La or Bulls if he want to win rings and Ny for a large market. The other teams don't make sense. La also has the best return for Orlando in Bynum the nba best true center.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Duhon, Qrich, Hedo, Arenas, Bass, Jameer all have long deals with big money, Dwight is not going to win a championship with them.

horrible, that is like isiah's knicks

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Maybe the Thunder try and make a move towards him. They have Harden, Perkins, Maynor, and maybe some picks.

I'd trade anything except durant for him.

durant+dwight could be the next shaq and kobe

mttwlsn16
11-28-2011, 10:40 AM
awwww ****, his baby mama said it. u know dat **** true

3mikee_
11-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Yea.. I think we all know he's leaving..no way they can get enough players to play around him to keep him.

Cal827
11-28-2011, 10:51 AM
What if Dwight pulls a Carmelo Anthony and says he won't sign the extension with one of the teams you stated? Why would any team give up that much for a rental?

I'm sure the Nuggets would have loved to trade Melo to the Nets for Favors and multiple 1st rounders.

If Dwight says he wants to go to the Lakers the Magic basically have no choice but to take what the Lakers are offering them.
If they just let him walk, they are screwed, because not only they lose their franchise player but they would still be over the cap with nothing in return.

Um, assuming they Amnesty Gilbert, no they won't... dumping Arenas and losing Howard outright, basically saves them 37 million (or about 32 if the 25% of the contrac is still on the cap for the anmesty.).. That brings their cap into the 37-42 million cap range (assuming Bass resigns), remember Jason Richardson and his huge contract are gone. They'll still have some money to spend.... but again if they are going to just rebuild then really cap doesn't matter (in fact the few bad player, bad contracts that they have like Hedo's might benefit them as they wouldn't be under a potential cap floor, yet be able to obtain higher picks).

Again considering that the new NBA would make it easier for teams through a rebuild process, Orlando won't be backed into a wall as much as Denver was;they should be able to sustain themselves for a rebuild. You also have to consider that the Knicks were going to sign him outright this offseason. If he wasn't traded, I would bet that the next headline after the lockout ended would be "The Knicks sign Carmelo Anthony to a Max contract." The Lakers won't be able to. Why would Orlando acquire guys that could lead them to a 6th seed in the east at best and at worst like a 10th seed? Wouldn't it hurt the fan base if the team is getting their ***** kicked year in, year out with no hope in sight? Hedo's contract is too big and long for them to try and add talent (as least now, maybe when it's an expiring rebuilding teams might be interested).

I'm a Raptors fan, and I think of the years where we had Bosh from when he became a star. For the most part, we were either a late playoff team, a first round exit, or one of the last teams eliminated from playoff contention. Through no fault of CB, but our team's growth was stunted because they didn't bottom out. Luckily, we have had some luck with the recent drafts in his final years (Derozan at 9th, then Davis fell to 13th in the year he left), but when you see guys like Tyreke Evans, or Blake Griffin or John Wall... you wonder how much better set the team would be.

As Dade County mentioned earlier, I only believe a team like the Heat or Lakers or Bulls get him is if they are able to ship off someone good for young talent and draft picks, then package them and offer Orlando them. But with the players mentioned there are many problems:

Boozer is overated and coming off an injury riddled lackluster season
Gasol is Older
Bynum is a headcase (Older version of Demarcus Cousins lol) and has glass knees. Why don't people ever think that injury would play into someone's value? Seriously, why don't you think Orlando would strongly consider an Oden + Roy + Batum + extras and picks for Howard from Portland?
Bosh or Lebron is on the Heat (I don't think they would contribute to making basically a title bound team for the next 5 years, especially a division rival lol)

It should be interesting to see what happens, but I highly doubt he goes to the Lakers.

Cal827
11-28-2011, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coYY7V9AVPc&feature=related

:laugh2:

Nice! :clap:

ldawg
11-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Howard and turk going to La for Bynum, Odom, Rookie or fisher and a future second round pick. Artest and Arenas will get cut with the clause and walton will retire. This Put Orlando in a very good spot. They can rebuild right away. After all Bynum is the best true center in the NBA. If Orlando sit back and Watch howard leave with the lack of talented centers Orlando will wish they had Bynum. Name me one team in the nba that would not want Bynum play center? except the team that land Howard. With the ball in his hands and plays ran for him he is a 23ppg 11rpg 3apg 2bpg guy easy. With or without Howard Orlando will not beat the Heat or Bulls. If Olando starts now rather than later and take longer they will be back at it in 2yrs. They should look at cavs, Denver and Raptors Denver is a tallented group while Cavs and Toronto are stuck in the mud and play unwatchable games. If a player don't want to play for you move him there is no good to come from it. Why even pro long it and do more harm. With Bynum you have a movable piece if it do not work out not like Arenas and Turk. Howard is ready for a change and magic you should be ready too.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 11:36 AM
There will be teams willing to pay a high price to get Howard's last yr. I just don't think the Bulls will be one of them. Under this scenario Howard has no leverage & ORL will seek the best deal possible. If I had to guess I'd say it's a D Will type deal only instead of the Nets it's probably the TWolves or Clippers that take that gamble. The gamble being that playing alongside Love or Griffin will convince Howard to stay there.

Laker fans want to believe their close, but they're obviously in decline now. With a new coach radically different than PJ they will probably struggle. Kobe's window is closing as well. The guys defied age so far but really you're holding your breath now.

If Howard becomes a FA, you can bet the Bulls will amnesty Boozer to get the cap space they need. I don't pay any attention to Heat fans because they are obviously pissing in their pants at the possibility of Howard & Noah in Chicago's front court. I trust that if Howard becomes a FA he'll choose the city that made MJ a world-wide phenom & anointed him a status like that of mythological heroes. Not only will it give him the best odds for winning championships, but he has a good shot of getting to the HOF as being the all-time great of the Bulls front-court players.

ldawg
11-28-2011, 12:07 PM
There will be teams willing to pay a high price to get Howard's last yr. I just don't think the Bulls will be one of them. Under this scenario Howard has no leverage & ORL will seek the best deal possible. If I had to guess I'd say it's a D Will type deal only instead of the Nets it's probably the TWolves or Clippers that take that gamble. The gamble being that playing alongside Love or Griffin will convince Howard to stay there.

Laker fans want to believe their close, but they're obviously in decline now. With a new coach radically different than PJ they will probably struggle. Kobe's window is closing as well. The guys defied age so far but really you're holding your breath now.

If Howard becomes a FA, you can bet the Bulls will amnesty Boozer to get the cap space they need. I don't pay any attention to Heat fans because they are obviously pissing in their pants at the possibility of Howard & Noah in Chicago's front court. I trust that if Howard becomes a FA he'll choose the city that made MJ a world-wide phenom & anointed him a status like that of mythological heroes. Not only will it give him the best odds for winning championships, but he has a good shot of getting to the HOF as being the all-time great of the Bulls front-court players. Sorry but even if they cut Boozer they got to pay him so its not that easy. And if Magic know they will loose him its best they trade him and Bulls can't afford to loose no one then it makes little sense for him to go there. However La and Bulls is his best two spots but going to La is more easy and best option he will be their new franchise player and a system match made for him. Kobe and Pau can still play at a close to high level for three more years then they take a pay cut to make room for younger tallent to go along with howard.

THE GIPPER
11-28-2011, 12:10 PM
nets, bulls or thunder

ldawg
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
nets, bulls or thunderd-will and Howard alone will not win any rings. nets is a big ? at this point why should he go there? Even with d-will and Lopez they suck big time for no reason. His best bet is LA for Odom and Bynum, Ny with Amare gone and cp3 or dwill in, Bulls if they only loose noah and Thunder.

nwfisch
11-28-2011, 12:20 PM
:facepalm:

Badluck33
11-28-2011, 12:21 PM

If Howard becomes a FA, you can bet the Bulls will amnesty Boozer to get the cap space they need. I don't pay any attention to Heat fans because they are obviously pissing in their pants at the possibility of Howard & Noah in Chicago's front court. I trust that if Howard becomes a FA he'll choose the city that made MJ a world-wide phenom & anointed him a status like that of mythological heroes. Not only will it give him the best odds for winning championships, but he has a good shot of getting to the HOF as being the all-time great of the Bulls front-court players.

:clap:

Ill21
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
My moms cousins friends brother heard that Dwight is going to stay in Orlando.

Dade County
11-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Coming to the Bulls!

The Bulls won't trade for Howard as a mid-season rental & there isn't any incentive for him to do an E&T. So coming to the Bulls would be an S&T where ORL gets Cav like comp. D12 will be going to the team he wants & he's not going to gut that team in the process.

As long as rose is in the trade it makes sense .... Thank You!

EnWhyKay
11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Everyone knows the guy is on his way out.. I think LAL or NYN are the only realistic options.. Unless of course the Magic can somehow get CP3 in their uniform..

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2011, 12:44 PM
d-will and Howard alone will not win any rings. nets is a big ? at this point why should he go there? Even with d-will and Lopez they suck big time for no reason. His best bet is LA for Odom and Bynum, Ny with Amare gone and cp3 or dwill in, Bulls if they only loose noah and Thunder.

Duuuude... you kidding? the Nets had an injured Deron for 12 meaningless games when they were already out of the playoff run..

Factoring in chemistry Deron+Dwight rivals the MIA three. Deron+Dwight is definitely a contender no matter what you put beside them. Need i mention that they also have the cap to get other pieces?

Not sayin the Nets will get Dwight (thou i think they stand the best chance if it comes to a trade) but to say Deron and Dwight is not enough to contend is preposterous.

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
d-will and Howard alone will not win any rings. nets is a big ? at this point why should he go there? Even with d-will and Lopez they suck big time for no reason. His best bet is LA for Odom and Bynum, Ny with Amare gone and cp3 or dwill in, Bulls if they only loose noah and Thunder.

Dwill and Howard together is an instant contendor, any team with Dwight is a contendor and your putting him with a top 3 point guard who can get him the ball, something Jameer cant do. Your statement is very biased and ignorant.

JordansBulls
11-28-2011, 12:50 PM
I'd trade anything except durant for him.

durant+dwight could be the next shaq and kobe

Honestly even though I would dislike this idea, could you imagine a Heat/Thunder finals?

Dade County
11-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Duuuude... you kidding? the Nets had an injured Deron for 12 meaningless games when they were already out of the playoff run..

Factoring in chemistry Deron+Dwight rivals the MIA three. Deron+Dwight is definitely a contender no matter what you put beside them. Need i mention that they also have the cap to get other pieces?

Not sayin the Nets will get Dwight (thou i think they stand the best chance if it comes to a trade) but to say Deron and Dwight is not enough to contend is preposterous.

Dwill and Howard together is an instant contendor, any team with Dwight is a contendor and your putting him with a top 3 point guard who can get him the ball, something Jameer cant do. Your statement is very biased and ignorant.

What is your definition of contending?

Making it to the 2nd rd of the playoffs.... year after year? Their not getting to the Finals, and i'm not trying to be cocky.

JordansBulls
11-28-2011, 12:52 PM

:nod:

JordansBulls
11-28-2011, 12:55 PM
I just don't see why Dwight would go to the Lakers. Most of the all time great centers went to LA because:

1. They were the established star when they went to the team
or
2. None of the stars there had won yet (IE - West when Wilt came)

Dwight going to LA he would be in Kobe's shadow as Kobe has won with the Lakers already and Dwight has not.

IMO the three places that make the most sense for Dwight to go is
1. NJ (Brooklyn to play with Deron Williams)
2. New Orleans to play with Chris Paul
3. Chicago to play with Derrick Rose

Dade County
11-28-2011, 12:58 PM
If Howard becomes a FA, you can bet the Bulls will amnesty Boozer to get the cap space they need.

It's that easy...?

I don't pay any attention to Heat fans because they are obviously pissing in their pants at the possibility of Howard & Noah in Chicago's front court.

Seriously!

I trust that if Howard becomes a FA he'll choose the city that made MJ a world-wide phenom & anointed him a status like that of mythological heroes. Not only will it give him the best odds for winning championships, but he has a good shot of getting to the HOF as being the all-time great of the Bulls front-court players.

This is why, I will never forget what the word fan derives from " Fanatic "

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 01:01 PM

Making it to the 2nd rd of the playoffs.... year after year? Their not getting to the Finals, and i'm not trying to be cocky.

Why wouldnt they make the finals? I can understand you saying that about a team like Cleveland right now but why wouldnt a team with Deron Williams and Dwight make the finals?

You know how easy Dwight would get the ball from Deron?

sep11ie
11-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Baby Momma drama.

Dade County
11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
IMO the three places that make the most sense for Dwight to go is
1. NJ (Brooklyn to play with Deron Williams)
2. New Orleans to play with Chris Paul
3. Chicago to play with Derrick Rose

You forgot his best option ...... OKC

You also forgot the scariest option ..... NY (trade Stat, sign Cps)

And you also forgot the doomsday OPTION... The HEAT:D

JordansBulls
11-28-2011, 01:07 PM
You forgot his best option ...... OKC

You also forgot the scariest option ..... NY (trade Stat, sign Cps)

And you also forgot the doomsday OPTION... The HEAT:D

Only way he goes to NY is if they trade Amare? Melo left Denver because he wanted to be in NY and no way he goes to Orlando.

The OKC thing is interesting, but unless Westbrook comes in the package the Magic will pass.

Dwight already said he doesn't want to go to Miami.

Dade County
11-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Why wouldnt they make the finals? I can understand you saying that about a team like Cleveland right now but why wouldnt a team with Deron Williams and Dwight make the finals?

You know how easy Dwight would get the ball from Deron?

You never answered by question, on what is your definition of contending?

NEXT:

Why wouldn't the Nets make it to the finals..... lets see:rolleyes:

The kindness words I can say.... they will not have enough fire power to deal with the HEAT & NY (when and if they sign cp3)..... They couldn't even beat Boston.

But Yes they will consistently make it to the 2nd rd of the playoffs every year... congratulations!

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Dwight talked about big market, Durant said no big stars want to come to OKC. Dwight would not play in OKC. You can write that down.

Dade County
11-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Only way he goes to NY is if they trade Amare? Melo left Denver because he wanted to be in NY and no way he goes to Orlando.

The OKC thing is interesting, but unless Westbrook comes in the package the Magic will pass.

Dwight already said he doesn't want to go to Miami.

Stat is for Amare not Melo

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080414111707AA7a40Q

unless i'm not understanding you. they would trade Amare not Melo.

oak2455
11-28-2011, 01:13 PM

Who's this "contendor " or is it contender ?? Come on man.....if your gonna argue atleast come correct with your spelling:D

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 01:16 PM
You never answered by question, on what is your definition of contending?

NEXT:

Why wouldn't the Nets make it to the finals..... lets see:rolleyes:

The kindness words I can say.... they will not have enough fire power to deal with the HEAT & NY (when and if they sign cp3)..... They couldn't even beat Boston.

But Yes they will consistently make it to the 2nd rd of the playoffs every year... congratulations!

My definition of contending is CHANCE AT AN NBA TITLE
The way your talking is that there is ZERO chance that a team of Dwight and Deron could make the finals. Guess what a team of Dirk and role players beat the Heat so why couldnt a team of Deron Williams and the best big man in the league and DPOY make the finals? And Knicks? The team that got SWEPT by the Boston Celtics? The team that has Melo and Amare who never won anything NBA related in their life. As for the Heat they dont have a center that could stop Tyson Chandler so how would they be able to stop Dwight Howard? Or when Barea was driving in on the Heat how are you going to stop Deron? Face it Deron+Dwight is a championship caliber team..you disagreeing is denial.

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Who's this "contendor " or is it contender ?? Come on man.....if your gonna argue atleast come correct with your spelling:D

Correct your's first :)

oak2455
11-28-2011, 01:19 PM

Doesn't sound too crazy ....I think I heard my dentist who said his brothers wife said he'll be a Knick....just like the title of this thread...I think he goes to LA ....Lakers thats where he'll end up IMO

oak2455
11-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Correct your's first :)

That would be slang ,I guess the 8 th grade didn't teach that.... Going forward all through this thread you have a ton of grammar errors...want me to point them out

BlinkManJan02
11-28-2011, 01:24 PM
I hope this is not accurate.

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Cal827 brought up a great point that i have been stating since before the lockout which Lakers and Bulls fans choose to ignore whenever someone brings it up. Lakers make NO sense as a trade partner with ORL and neither do the Bulls. Consider all these separate points:

-ORL has the 4th highest payroll in sports

-In order to trade Dwight to LA they would need to match salaries

-Trading Dwight will inevitably cause them to lose major money from ticket sales etc.

-By taking in equal salary they would essentially be taking the first steps towards becoming the Hawks but with the payroll of champions

Why? Because the players they would be getting are either:

-Injury risks (Noah, Boozer, Bynum)

-Old (Boozer, Gasol)

-Talented enough to get them 7th-10th seeds that will net them only picks in the high teens that will not help win (Gasol, Bynum,)

-Glorified role players (Noah)

-Overpaid (Noah, Boozer)

-Players that could leave soon (Bynum)

I could go on... Another point that people forget is that the 2012 NBA draft has the potential to be one of the best ever. This is the type of draft teams tank for. Does anyone really believe that ORL after losing Dwight will not be aiming for that top pick? Do you think they want to be a first round sweep at best and watch superstar caliber players like Harrison Barnes and Andre Drummond go to the usuals (TOR, CLE, CHA, LAC)?

What does all this equal to in regards to ORL? Well the answer is this.. Even an idiot like Otis Smith cols see the potential for a quick bounce back from trading Dwight if they think ahead. If they were to trade Dwight+ Hedo to a team that can provide 2012 picks, young players with potential AND MOST IMPORTANTLY can absorb the salary without matching so ORL can get out of cap hell... ORL would walk away as best as they could hope.

Another thing that keeps coming up is Lakers fans and Bulls fans associating this with the Melo drama when the situations are completely different:

-Dwight has not demanded a single team thereby tying ORL's hands like Melo did to DEN. In fact its been reported that Dwight has offered ORL several options so that they can plan ahead.

-DEN HAD to trade Melo because NY had the space to sign him. Neither the Bulls OR the Lakers have that barring any deals. The only teams that have the space to sign Dwight is NJ, and maybe NY.

-DEN didnt have the options that ORL has. Melo did not care about DEN as Dwight obviously does for ORL.

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 01:27 PM
That would be slang ,I guess the 8 th grade didn't teach that.... Going forward all through this thread you have a ton of grammar errors...want me to point them out

No its not a big deal, but using your own time to point out a grammer error is stupid. I must have said something to get you heated. :confused:

Dade County
11-28-2011, 01:28 PM
The way your talking is that there is ZERO chance that a team of Dwight and Deron could make the finals. Guess what a team of Dirk and role players beat the Heat so why couldnt a team of Deron Williams and the best big man in the league and DPOY make the finals? And Knicks? The team that got SWEPT by the Boston Celtics? The team that has Melo and Amare who never won anything NBA related in their life. As for the Heat they dont have a center that could stop Tyson Chandler so how would they be able to stop Dwight Howard? Or when Barea was driving in on the Heat how are you going to stop Deron? Face it Deron+Dwight is a championship caliber team..you disagreeing is denial.

Listen, my eyes were not close to what happened in the final, the rest of the world may be a sleep, but I'm wide awake. (You'll see this season) People/society are so easily fooled and manipulated... it's sad.

Stop Chandler from doing WHAT? scoring 20pts a game or something... did I miss something?

And are you forgetting who the HEAT GM is ..... You'll remember soon enough, when this free agency circus starts.

mgsports
11-28-2011, 01:29 PM
What ever Team moves to KC or St. Louis or Tampa Bay.

oak2455
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
No its not a big deal, but using your own time to point out a grammer error is stupid. I must have said something to get you heated. :confused:

I was kidding with you, wanted to use this symbol :p was just playing....BTW this Howard thing will take a while

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2011, 01:36 PM

For one thing there would be no silly talk of chemistry issues with those two. Their games fit together effortlessly. No clashing styles like Bron and Wade (even thou ya'll are still stupid good).

Speaking of which a Dwight, Deron combo would create serious matchup problems for the Heat. True elite PGs.. not the Allen Iversons of the world.. create havoc for the Heat.. now you add in Howard who is near unstoppable and you got a problem.

I still think the Heat would win that hypothetical series but like i said a Deron+Dwight+cap space team are a top 3-4 seed in the east.

Lucky.
11-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Imagine if he went to the Warriors, Knicks or Trail Blazers?

Curry
Monta
Wright
Lee
Dwight

Billups
Fields
Carmelo
Amare
Dwight

Felton
Mathews/Roy
Wallace
Aldridge
Dwight

Of course all of this would have to happen by Free agency and not trade. And even if wouldn't happen because of cap. But those would be dangerous teams, Knicks would be unstoppable IMO.

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2011, 01:42 PM

Please stop... dont go there. The Knicks fans will mob your ***. Dont you ever learn your lesson? Keep it about Dwight Howard.. no more with the Knicks have sucked for the last decade stuff.. they are winning now so thats what matters. Where are we? Oh yea.. horible record and praying that Deron stays SMH Back to Dwight please..

JordansBulls
11-28-2011, 01:56 PM

Because Melo woudn't stay in Orlando so they would be essentially giving up Dwight for nothing.

DoMeFavors
11-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Please stop... dont go there. The Knicks fans will mob your ***. Dont you ever learn your lesson? Keep it about Dwight Howard.. no more with the Knicks have sucked for the last decade stuff.. they are winning now so thats what matters. Where are we? Oh yea.. horible record and praying that Deron stays SMH Back to Dwight please..

I didnt say anything about the Knicks, the guy said that a team of Dwight and Deron couldnt get passed NY. I am talking about now. They are winning?

Dade County
11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Because Melo woudn't stay in Orlando so they would be essentially giving up Dwight for nothing.

Do you neab Amare wouldn't stay in orlando?:confused:

I am not saying that the knicks should trade Melo for Howard... I think theirs a misunderstanding.

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
I didnt say anything about the Knicks, the guy said that a team of Dwight and Deron couldnt get passed NY. I am talking about now. They are winning?

Were they in the playoffs? I swear.. i hate the Knicks too but damn at least be sensible about it.

Dade County
11-28-2011, 02:06 PM

If... a BIG if...

If NY gets Co3.... then NOOOOOOO!!!!!! You are not getting pass them (ever)!

lol:p:D

NJ would have a good team though.... but not a finals team.

mike_noodles
11-28-2011, 02:10 PM
This is awesome, love to see that the NBA fixed the biggest problem.

Chill_Will_24
11-28-2011, 02:22 PM
If... a BIG if...

If NY gets Co3.... then NOOOOOOO!!!!!! You are not getting pass them (ever)!

lol:p:D

NJ would have a good team though.... but not a finals team.

I sadly have to agree.. CP3 is too damn good

Cal827
11-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Cal827 brought up a great point that i have been stating since before the lockout which Lakers and Bulls fans choose to ignore whenever someone brings it up. Lakers make NO sense as a trade partner with ORL and neither do the Bulls. Consider all these separate points:

-ORL has the 4th highest payroll in sports

-In order to trade Dwight to LA they would need to match salaries

-Trading Dwight will inevitably cause them to lose major money from ticket sales etc.

-By taking in equal salary they would essentially be taking the first steps towards becoming the Hawks but with the payroll of champions

Why? Because the players they would be getting are either:

-Injury risks (Noah, Boozer, Bynum)

-Old (Boozer, Gasol)

-Talented enough to get them 7th-10th seeds that will net them only picks in the high teens that will not help win (Gasol, Bynum,)

-Glorified role players (Noah)

-Overpaid (Noah, Boozer)

-Players that could leave soon (Bynum)

I could go on... Another point that people forget is that the 2012 NBA draft has the potential to be one of the best ever. This is the type of draft teams tank for. Does anyone really believe that ORL after losing Dwight will not be aiming for that top pick? Do you think they want to be a first round sweep at best and watch superstar caliber players like Harrison Barnes and Andre Drummond go to the usuals (TOR, CLE, CHA, LAC)?

What does all this equal to in regards to ORL? Well the answer is this.. Even an idiot like Otis Smith cols see the potential for a quick bounce back from trading Dwight if they think ahead. If they were to trade Dwight+ Hedo to a team that can provide 2012 picks, young players with potential AND MOST IMPORTANTLY can absorb the salary without matching so ORL can get out of cap hell... ORL would walk away as best as they could hope.

Another thing that keeps coming up is Lakers fans and Bulls fans associating this with the Melo drama when the situations are completely different:

-Dwight has not demanded a single team thereby tying ORL's hands like Melo did to DEN. In fact its been reported that Dwight has offered ORL several options so that they can plan ahead.

-DEN HAD to trade Melo because NY had the space to sign him. Neither the Bulls OR the Lakers have that barring any deals. The only teams that have the space to sign Dwight is NJ, and maybe NY.

-DEN didnt have the options that ORL has. Melo did not care about DEN as Dwight obviously does for ORL.

Clippers do have money too, but it's really hard to get through to Laker and Bull fans that Orlando won't trade gold for plastic crap.... It's like talking to a wall lol. I think that if he leaves, he's going to either New Jersey (Deron), Clippers (cause they will likely be able to crush any other offer a team could make, but then again Sterling is a ***** so maybe not), Boston, New York or Toronto (ok that last one was me being hopeful) lol :pray:

I could have sworn that we all had this conversation a while ago, after Howards comments on what he could do with the Magic, and it was the same thing... Net/Heat/Raptor/Knick/Celtic/Logical fans all trying to explain the basics of signing players and cap space to the Laker (and a few Bull) fans. Please tell me that there isn't some superstar free agent next year or this is going to happen again with the lol :facepalm:

King P
11-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes the Nets would be championship contenders with D-Will & Dwight Howard.

They will be like what the Jazz were in the 90's with Stockton & Malone.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 03:07 PM
The Nets first have to lockup D Wil before they can dream of getting Howard. D Wil hasn't made any statements suggesting that's likely. If I'm D Wil I have my agent talking to the Clippers.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 03:12 PM
You can always tell who the blind sheep are when they suggest they don't fear
having to battle Howard, Noah, Deng, J Rich, Rose.
The Heat will be severely beaten on both boards: the back board & the score board.

It won't be a question of whether they lose to the Bulls but more of whether they survive to fight another day :)
I think what pisses Heat fans off the most is that despite the fact they will CLEARLY be the less talented team they will never garner the sympathy or support of being an underdog. That trio will always be viewed as the Jokers of the NBA.

sp1derm00
11-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Bynum and Odom for Dwight and Hedo?

Kashmir13579
11-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Gotta love every fanbase thinking they will get him. Everybody is so sure of it too. LOL

SteBO
11-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Gotta love every fanbase thinking they will get him. Everybody is so sure of it too. LOL
Don't you just miss that? :)

Anyway, If he really wants to win, take your lumps and go to CHI-town.

gilly
11-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Would the Wizards have a lot of cap room without Lewis on their books? Big market, great young point guard...

I'd love to see Portland though.

Chi StateOfMind
11-28-2011, 03:51 PM
If Dwight wants to win leave Orlando ASAP!!!! I would love to have D12 but the Bulls never pull off what looks the best. I do think we have a good package but its hard to picture the Bulls parting with the BUlls' roster minus Rose.

beliges
11-28-2011, 04:25 PM
If Dwight wants to win leave Orlando ASAP!!!! I would love to have D12 but the Bulls never pull off what looks the best. I do think we have a good package but its hard to picture the Bulls parting with the BUlls' roster minus Rose.

Orlando will not trade Dwight to another Eastern Conference team.

BigCityofDreams
11-28-2011, 04:35 PM

So that leaves Clippers, Lakers, and OKC as the only possible destinations. Are there any other Western teams I'm forgetting?

beliges
11-28-2011, 04:37 PM
So that leaves Clippers, Lakers, and OKC as the only possible destinations. Are there any other Western teams I'm forgetting?

Im not sure. Its hard to guage where Dwight will be traded but you can almost guarantee that if he does get traded he will go to a big market team. But Orlando will not trade him unless he demands a trade. Hes said on multiple occasions that he wants to play with Kobe but who knows what true. One thing thats for sure is if Dwight does get traded, he goes to a big market team on the Western COnference.

oak2455
11-28-2011, 04:37 PM

So Dwights babies momma isn't right:rolleyes:

King P
11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Doubt that they would care. If their best offer comes from the East, they will take it.

BigCityofDreams
11-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Im not sure. Its hard to guage where Dwight will be traded but you can almost guarantee that if he does get traded he will go to a big market team. But Orlando will not trade him unless he demands a trade. Hes said on multiple occasions that he wants to play with Kobe but who knows what true. One thing thats for sure is if Dwight does get traded, he goes to a big market team on the Western COnference.

Very well said beliges.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Definitely one of the big story lines in the season.

Chi StateOfMind
11-28-2011, 05:09 PM

Keep telling yourself that. Orlando will take the best package available. Whatever puts them in the best case to succeed the quickest is where they will go.

Dade County
11-28-2011, 05:09 PM

+ rose

You forgot to add rose into the trade.... Thank You!

You can always tell who the blind sheep are when they suggest they don't fear
having to battle Howard, Noah, Deng, J Rich, Rose.
The Heat will be severely beaten on both boards: the back board & the score board.

It won't be a question of whether they lose to the Bulls but more of whether they survive to fight another day :)
I think what pisses Heat fans off the most is that despite the fact they will CLEARLY be the less talented team they will never garner the sympathy or support of being an underdog. That trio will always be viewed as the Jokers of the NBA.

Something is deeply wrong with you....

I think what pisses you off, is that some HEAT fans are not afraid of your MIGHTY baby bulls.... and that gets to you so bad. It burns don't it?

beliges
11-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Keep telling yourself that. Orlando will take the best package available. Whatever puts them in the best case to succeed the quickest is where they will go.

Umm Orlando will take the best package that helps them succeed in the long run IF they decide to trade him. Theyre not gonna trade him within the same Conference because that makes their chances of success that much smaller. Now if Chicago wants to put the best package out there which would include Rose then sure Orlando will consider it and likely pull it off. I just dont see Chicago trading Rose though and without Rose in the deal, a few Western Conference teams can put together just as good, if not a better package. For starters Orlando would want at least a young big man in this deal and Chicago doesnt exactly have many young big men with potential. Noah is not enough.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Forget about E&T for Howard & Paul. There is a new provision that shortens it to a 2yr max extension for player's in the final yr of their contracts. It makes more sense for these guys to play out their contracts & then sign with the team they want as FA's. Both of these teams still figure to be playoff contenders with these guys so I think it's 40/60 odds that these teams even consider dealing them as 1 yr rentals. ORL & NO are not in the same boat as Utah was.

rapjuicer06
11-28-2011, 06:38 PM
I agree Howard will not be traded to a team in the East. They trade Dwight to Chicago, then Chicago is the best team and then Orlando would always have to try and get passed Chicago if they ever want to smell the Championship game. Think about it...As a franchise do you really want to piss your fans off by trading Howard to a team in the conference and have to face him in the playoffs? On your home court? I don't think so. Nets? No...Knicks? Lol no. Heat? For LeBron? Probably, yes....

There are a few Western teams who can offer just as good of packages as the East teams...why in the hell would Orlando keep him in the East? Its just stupid

C-Style
11-28-2011, 06:52 PM
I agree dwight will play for a western conforence team.

MAGIC: lets trade the most dominant big in the league to play along with the 2 best players in the league. Well be happy with Bosh im sure he can get us over the hump vs the Heat. Or lets trade him to the Bulls a potential playoff foe.

Doesnt make much sense does it?

THEY r not gonna help a conforence team where they will look to compete themselves in the near future.

And where do most bulls fans get da notion that theres a remote possiblity that D12 wants to play in Chicago??? Did i miss a rumor???

King P
11-28-2011, 06:56 PM
I agree Howard will not be traded to a team in the East. They trade Dwight to Chicago, then Chicago is the best team and then Orlando would always have to try and get passed Chicago if they ever want to smell the Championship game. Think about it...As a franchise do you really want to piss your fans off by trading Howard to a team in the conference and have to face him in the playoffs? On your home court? I don't think so. Nets? No...Knicks? Lol no. Heat? For LeBron? Probably, yes....

There are a few Western teams who can offer just as good of packages as the East teams...why in the hell would Orlando keep him in the East? Its just stupid
1) If Orlando trades D12, they probably ain't making the playoffs anyway.

2) There are Western teams that can offer as good of packages. But will they? Only team in the West that I can see offering anything that Orlando would want is in LA. OKC could, but I don't think they will. So what if somebody in the East offers a better package than LA, you saying Orlando won't accep it, is because "they're in the East"?

beliges
11-28-2011, 07:16 PM
1) If Orlando trades D12, they probably ain't making the playoffs anyway.

2) There are Western teams that can offer as good of packages. But will they? Only team in the West that I can see offering anything that Orlando would want is in LA. OKC could, but I don't think they will. So what if somebody in the East offers a better package than LA, you saying Orlando won't accep it, is because "they're in the East"?

I dont see any team that has a good young center with tons of potential like the Lakers do. I mean if a team like Miami offers LBJ or if the Bulls offer Rose or if NY offers Melo and Amare then yea Orlando will probably pull the trigger on that deal but this scenario is highly unlikely.

LakersKB24
11-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Um, assuming they Amnesty Gilbert, no they won't... dumping Arenas and losing Howard outright, basically saves them 37 million (or about 32 if the 25% of the contrac is still on the cap for the anmesty.).. That brings their cap into the 37-42 million cap range (assuming Bass resigns), remember Jason Richardson and his huge contract are gone. They'll still have some money to spend.... but again if they are going to just rebuild then really cap doesn't matter (in fact the few bad player, bad contracts that they have like Hedo's might benefit them as they wouldn't be under a potential cap floor, yet be able to obtain higher picks).

Again considering that the new NBA would make it easier for teams through a rebuild process, Orlando won't be backed into a wall as much as Denver was;they should be able to sustain themselves for a rebuild. You also have to consider that the Knicks were going to sign him outright this offseason. If he wasn't traded, I would bet that the next headline after the lockout ended would be "The Knicks sign Carmelo Anthony to a Max contract." The Lakers won't be able to. Why would Orlando acquire guys that could lead them to a 6th seed in the east at best and at worst like a 10th seed? Wouldn't it hurt the fan base if the team is getting their ***** kicked year in, year out with no hope in sight? Hedo's contract is too big and long for them to try and add talent (as least now, maybe when it's an expiring rebuilding teams might be interested).

I'm a Raptors fan, and I think of the years where we had Bosh from when he became a star. For the most part, we were either a late playoff team, a first round exit, or one of the last teams eliminated from playoff contention. Through no fault of CB, but our team's growth was stunted because they didn't bottom out. Luckily, we have had some luck with the recent drafts in his final years (Derozan at 9th, then Davis fell to 13th in the year he left), but when you see guys like Tyreke Evans, or Blake Griffin or John Wall... you wonder how much better set the team would be.

As Dade County mentioned earlier, I only believe a team like the Heat or Lakers or Bulls get him is if they are able to ship off someone good for young talent and draft picks, then package them and offer Orlando them. But with the players mentioned there are many problems:

Boozer is overated and coming off an injury riddled lackluster season
Gasol is Older
Bynum is a headcase (Older version of Demarcus Cousins lol) and has glass knees. Why don't people ever think that injury would play into someone's value? Seriously, why don't you think Orlando would strongly consider an Oden + Roy + Batum + extras and picks for Howard from Portland?
Bosh or Lebron is on the Heat (I don't think they would contribute to making basically a title bound team for the next 5 years, especially a division rival lol)

It should be interesting to see what happens, but I highly doubt he goes to the Lakers.

Definitely some good points, I totally forgot about the amnesty cut. Cutting Arenas sure would make things easier for them if Howard walks.

Of course it's wishful thinking on my side that Orlando decides to trade Howard to the Lakers.

Sure, there are teams that have more to offer but trading for an upcoming free agent and giving up some of your key pieces only makes sense under one condition: the player you trade for has to be willing to sign an extension with you.
I don't see the Blazers (as in your example) having any shot at signing Howard long term, if they got him in a trade.

In my opinion Dwight will only sign with a big market team, and if Orlando decides to trade him, they have to trade him to one of the teams Dwight wants to go to, because no other team would be that stupid giving up half their roster for not even a whole season of Dwight and then see him leave.

And to me the only teams that have a chance to get Howard in a trade are the Lakers, the Bulls and maybe the Thunder, because they either have the big market or superstar talent on their rosters that would give Howard an instant opportunity to compete. Bulls probably most unlikely out of those three since the Magic don't want to trade within the conference.

I mean let's face it, no matter what they do, there's no way to replace Howard right away. This roster wasn't going anywhere anyway, with or without Howard.

elonepb
11-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I dont see any team that has a good young center with tons of potential like the Lakers do. I mean if a team like Miami offers LBJ or if the Bulls offer Rose or if NY offers Melo and Amare then yea Orlando will probably pull the trigger on that deal but this scenario is highly unlikely.

Um, the Nets? They have a 20PPG scoring center who can score inside and outside. Had a shoddy rebounding year last year but he's also only 23 and NEVER MISSED A GAME.

Where is Bynum's potential at this point? He can't even stay healthy for 3 weeks.

elonepb
11-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Big factor in the new CBA for any Dwight trade, a team under the cap-tax level can assume 150% of salary while tax teams can still only assume 125%.

This means, for teams with cap space, Orlando has the opportunity of forcing that team to take back bigger contracts as a "penalty" for receiving Dwight Howard.

The idea that Orlando will have to get rid of Dwight and then just take back equal salary to stay in cap hell, is moronic.

superwill
11-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Don't care if he a laker or not but the lakers h+ave the best deal bynum+odom or pau gasol it could happen who would you take pau or dwight I'm taking number#12 and they would still trade andrew to another team

rapjuicer06
11-28-2011, 09:47 PM
I sure wouldn't mind trading Dwight, Hedo and Bass for Bynum, Gasol and Odom and a 1st round pick

Don't need Bynum if you have Dwight and Gasol's not happy. And if I'm Orlando I want Odom in the deal. Maybe its too much? But is it really too much if you pair up Dwight and Kobe?

King P
11-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Otis Smith keeps saying he will not trade Dwight.

We'll see if he means it or not. But if so, this is all a mute point.

MickeyMgl
11-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Is this a joke? **** no lakers are getting robbed! Orlando can **** off if that's what they are asking for

[Howard + Odom] > [Bynum + Gasol]
[Howard + Odom] > [Bynum + Odom]
Howard + Odom] > [Gasol + Odom]

The Lakers get better AND the Magic get better.

JNA17
11-29-2011, 02:24 AM
How much of a total mind **** would it be if Orlando were just "We announce that we will use our amnesty cut on...DWIGHT HOWARD! Try going to New York now you son of a *****!" :laugh:

MickeyMgl
11-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Bynum + a choice of Gasol or Odom for Dwight Howard + TBA. That's fair.

The Lakers have depth on the interior (a good center and two very good power forwards). The Magic have a great center and little else on the interior. The Lakers get a great center, and the Magic get two borderline elite interior players. It makes sense for everybody.

Raph12
11-29-2011, 03:09 AM
How much of a total mind **** would it be if Orlando were just "We announce that we will use our amnesty cut on...DWIGHT HOWARD! Try going to New York now you son of a *****!" :laugh:

Wouldn't be smart, he would sign with the Clippers the first week of FA (Clipps could amnesty MoWill) and they'd still have enough capspace to sign CP3 in the 2012 offseason:

PG - CP3
SG - EG
SF - Aminu
PF - Blake
C - Dwight

Throw in Minni's pick (likely Top 5-10) and it's game over for the league lol.

Otis Smith keeps saying he will not trade Dwight.

We'll see if he means it or not. But if so, this is all a mute point.

It's spelled "moot" for future reference.

chitownbears89
11-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Yeah we are getting Dwight for Deng and Taj Gibson.

beliges
11-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Um, the Nets? They have a 20PPG scoring center who can score inside and outside. Had a shoddy rebounding year last year but he's also only 23 and NEVER MISSED A GAME.

Where is Bynum's potential at this point? He can't even stay healthy for 3 weeks.

Bynum was healthy last season and he is the #3 or #4 option in LA. Lopez doesnt have the trade value of Bynum. Look I dont think Dwight is gonna be traded but a trade around Bynum for the Magic is much better than a trade around Lopez. You also have to take into consideration whether Howard would even want to go to NJ and again the fact that Orlando will not trade D12 in conference, unless they get a very favorable deal. NJ cant offer them that, unless you add Deron in the deal.

iam brett favre
11-29-2011, 05:17 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Dwight Howards best friend's cousin confirms that he is going to leave Orlando. Book it. He told me on AIM.

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Bynum was healthy last season and he is the #3 or #4 option in LA. Lopez doesnt have the trade value of Bynum. Look I dont think Dwight is gonna be traded but a trade around Bynum for the Magic is much better than a trade around Lopez. You also have to take into consideration whether Howard would even want to go to NJ and again the fact that Orlando will not trade D12 in conference, unless they get a very favorable deal. NJ cant offer them that, unless you add Deron in the deal.

Lopez is way less risky for a rebuilding team. He has never missed a game in his three year career.. he is a restricted FA coming up so threat of him leaving... is not headcase that like to body slam 5'10 little guys...

rapjuicer06
11-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Lopez is way less risky for a rebuilding team. He has never missed a game in his three year career.. he is a restricted FA coming up so threat of him leaving... is not headcase that like to body slam 5'10 little guys...

As an Orlando fan, I'd much rather have Bynum than Lopez for the fact it wouldn't be just Bynum...It'd be Bynum + a player and a pick. Nets don't really have players to add and idk about their picks situation after the Deron trade

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 09:16 AM
As an Orlando fan, I'd much rather have Bynum than Lopez for the fact it wouldn't be just Bynum...It'd be Bynum + a player and a pick. Nets don't really have players to add and idk about their picks situation after the Deron trade

I respect your opinion. Your not the first ORL fan that has said that. Ive even heard some of ya'll say you prefer Noah which is also an understandable response. However your speaking as fans. Putting yourself in your front offices shoes.. you would prefer to get players that would ensure you a 7-10th seed when you have the best draft in recent memory coming up? Especially if that trade would keep you paying ridiculous tax since LA would have to match salary...

Its not about what the fans want.. it never is. FO always thinks in risk/reward terms...

Getting Lopez has virtually no risk while the reward is quite good.

I agree with what you said thou. The Nets are pretty bare bones right now outside of Lopez. My hope is that Deron makes Lopez look like a star so his value can soar even more

rapjuicer06
11-29-2011, 10:05 AM
I respect your opinion. Your not the first ORL fan that has said that. Ive even heard some of ya'll say you prefer Noah which is also an understandable response. However your speaking as fans. Putting yourself in your front offices shoes.. you would prefer to get players that would ensure you a 7-10th seed when you have the best draft in recent memory coming up? Especially if that trade would keep you paying ridiculous tax since LA would have to match salary...

Its not about what the fans want.. it never is. FO always thinks in risk/reward terms...

Getting Lopez has virtually no risk while the reward is quite good.

I agree with what you said thou. The Nets are pretty bare bones right now outside of Lopez. My hope is that Deron makes Lopez look like a star so his value can soar even more

I would prefer Lopez to Noah. I think Noah is terrible

Look at it this way. Orlando trades Dwight and Hedo, cuts Arenas and brings in Bynum and Odom. I think Odom's contract is up in a year or two, so that's not too bad. Nelson's contract is up in 2 years I do believe, Bass' is, Anderson's is...

Bynum can be signed to a longer contract, and knowing that Orlando will build around him, I'm sure he'd do so as well.

Nelson/Redick/Bass/Anderson/Odom/Bynum(but taken care up above) all have two years left on their contracts. So they can lose all that money, keep who they would like or trade Redick and Bass for younger pieces or draft picks and they could have a damn good head start on rebuilding around a guy who has the potential to be a dominant Center.

Nelson/Duhon
Redick/Q-Rich
Odom/Harper
Anderson/Bass
Bynum/Orton

Everyone there other than Orton, Q, Duhon and Harper would all be gone after next year, with Orlando doing everything to bring back Bynum. They'd be in perfect mode to build that future

rds1488
11-29-2011, 10:12 AM
anyone who thinks they can offer a better package of deng/noah/ taj/asik/ the bobcats pick or boozer,noah,taj,asik and the bobcats pick is delusional.. and if the magic are gonna lose howard they take the best possible trade.... and bulls fans which i am myself if you think that deng and gibson will get the deal done is delusional also, the bulls will have to clear house just like the knicks for melo

Knicks21
11-29-2011, 10:12 AM
I would be incredibly surprised if Sterling went through with this. As it is i don't know what he will do with Blake when his contract is up in three years. Need this guy out of ownership for ever.

justinnum1
11-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Westbrook, harden and perkins for howard

rapjuicer06
11-29-2011, 10:42 AM
anyone who thinks they can offer a better package of deng/noah/ taj/asik/ the bobcats pick or boozer,noah,taj,asik and the bobcats pick is delusional.. and if the magic are gonna lose howard they take the best possible trade.... and bulls fans which i am myself if you think that deng and gibson will get the deal done is delusional also, the bulls will have to clear house just like the knicks for melo

Well my fellow 9er fan, you are delusional to think that's a good trade. Why would you offer two centers (one extremely overpaid) an overpaid SF in Deng? The only good pieces of that is Taj and the pick. No one wants Boozer, that contract is stupid bad. I think it's hilarious how highly the Bulls fans rate Noah. He's a decent defender, and that is it. Deng and Noah make 24 million between the two of them and both are role players. How is that good for a soon to be rebuilding Orlando? Thats stupid. I'd rather see what we have in Orton and his contract than trade for a very overrated Noah and his contract for the NEXT 5 ****ING YEARS.

Like I said, the only good pieces in that trade would be Taj and the pick. Otherwise you are just trading players to a team that has no need or want for them

rapjuicer06
11-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Westbrook, harden and perkins for howard

Add in Nelson and Q from Orlando and Ibaka and I'd consider that a done deal

Nelson/Maynor
Thebo/Q
Durant/who cares
Collison/???
Howard/Aldrich

Westbrook/Duhon
Harden/Redick
Hedo/Harper
Ibaka/Anderson
Perkins/Orton

Oooh I'd say that's a done deal :)

ldawg
11-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Dwill and Howard together is an instant contendor, any team with Dwight is a contendor and your putting him with a top 3 point guard who can get him the ball, something Jameer cant do. Your statement is very biased and ignorant.In the east that team would not beat Miami. Just don't see it sorry

rapjuicer06
11-29-2011, 10:57 AM
If Dwight signed outright with the Nets and they kept Lopez and moved him to PF...I think the Nets would be the team to beat, easily

elonepb
11-29-2011, 11:45 AM

Lopez leaving Orlando where Disney World is??? Never.

Robbw241
11-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Brook would average 40 PPG if they had Mickey come to all the Orlando games.

elonepb
11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Brook would average 40 PPG if they had Mickey come to all the Orlando games.

Yup, and if they structure his contract so that he gets to stay in the Princess Castle if he averages over 10RPG, he'll average 15 just to be sure.

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Lopez leaving Orlando where Disney World is??? Never.

:laugh2: I meant to say no threat..

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 12:17 PM
I would prefer Lopez to Noah. I think Noah is terrible

Look at it this way. Orlando trades Dwight and Hedo, cuts Arenas and brings in Bynum and Odom. I think Odom's contract is up in a year or two, so that's not too bad. Nelson's contract is up in 2 years I do believe, Bass' is, Anderson's is...

Bynum can be signed to a longer contract, and knowing that Orlando will build around him, I'm sure he'd do so as well.

Nelson/Redick/Bass/Anderson/Odom/Bynum(but taken care up above) all have two years left on their contracts. So they can lose all that money, keep who they would like or trade Redick and Bass for younger pieces or draft picks and they could have a damn good head start on rebuilding around a guy who has the potential to be a dominant Center.

Nelson/Duhon
Redick/Q-Rich
Odom/Harper
Anderson/Bass
Bynum/Orton

Everyone there other than Orton, Q, Duhon and Harper would all be gone after next year, with Orlando doing everything to bring back Bynum. They'd be in perfect mode to build that future

So in essence what your saying is you would rather see your team forgo a chance at a guy like Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond or any of the other superstar caliber players in the coming draft just to see your team get a guy that at best case scenario can remain healthy most of the season and along with Gasol or Odom can maybe get you an 8th seed?

Sorry my brother but i highly doubt your FO will see things the way you do. Thats not the way you rebuild after losing a franchise star. Too risky

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Yup, and if they structure his contract so that he gets to stay in the Princess Castle if he averages over 10RPG, he'll average 15 just to be sure.

If you throw in a stack of comic books he would get 3 blocks a game so dont forget that

ChiSoxJuan
11-29-2011, 12:33 PM
A team under the cap-tax level can assume 150% of salary.

Good pt. WC vs EC doesn't matter, because odds are very high both these guys become FA's. There's no player incentive to do an E&T for these guys. That means they will be dealt to a team that can offer ORL & NO the best cap savings in the deal. That will most likely be their priority in these deals.

If ORL & NO beleive they can rebuild quickly & make the playoffs w/out these guys, then they might deal them at the start of this season.

rapjuicer06
11-29-2011, 12:34 PM
So in essence what your saying is you would rather see your team forgo a chance at a guy like Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond or any of the other superstar caliber players in the coming draft just to see your team get a guy that at best case scenario can remain healthy most of the season and along with Gasol or Odom can maybe get you an 8th seed?

Sorry my brother but i highly doubt your FO will see things the way you do. Thats not the way you rebuild after losing a franchise star. Too risky

Riiiiight...That's exactly what I said. Howard won't be traded in season. He will most likely be sign and traded to someone...or he will flat out sign some where. He has more options if he sign and trades with someone than if he just wants to flat out sign some where as well.

So there is realistically no chance in drafting anyone in the top 5 or top 10 so what you're saying is dumb, straight up.

If/when Dwight leaves Orlando, they are headed straight for rebuilding. Nelson/Odom/Anderson/Bass/Redick and cut Arenas will ALL be gone (assuming Dwight is traded to LA). That's around hmmm $64,221,529 off the books. Obviously they would try and bring back some, possibly Anderson, maybe Redick...but I'm sure the rest would be gone. So the players left would be Bynum (after resigning him) Harper, Orton, Duhon, Q-rich, Liggins. So they can begin their rebuild and have their player to build around in Bynum who will only be 25/26 years old?...I think they could start a good future with that.

gwrighter
11-29-2011, 01:17 PM
We were having this same debate in the Raptors forum so i'm going to go ahead and post one's comments about NJ vs. Toronto as a possible landing place for Howard.

Howard loves Orlando but management has surrounded him with aging deadweight contracts Hedo/Arenas etc.., contention in Orlando looks slim to none. (Contention is priority 1 in Howard's current interest).

If Howard does decide to leave it will be to contend & pair with another top player which is currently trending in the NBA (NJ/Deron). So the fact that he would be playing in TO is not the biggest factor but in fact who's playing with in TO (cap space = Deron + better supporting cast/depth than NJ).

Same way NJ is going to pull all stops to pair Howard with Deron Raptors have the better assets/resources to do so. Especially if you exclude the factor of destination for contention.

Hypothetical, if your Howard & your looking to contend which team do you think would have a better chance at contention

- Raptors trade (Val, Davis, 2013, 2015 pick) to land Howard at the deadline.

Howard/?
Bargnani/Amir
(2012 pick Davis/Barnes/Miller/Gilchrist/Jones)/Johnson
DeRozan/Bayless
Deron/Calderon

or

Howard/?
Lopez/Humphries
Outlaw/?
Morrow/?
Deron/?

Keep in mind NJ will be playing with a full season of Deron so I expect their 2012 pick to not be as good. IMO Lopez cannot successfully play PF next to Dwight their games are not complimentary whereas I think Bargnani's game is.

Raptors 2012 SF prospect + Johnson > Outlaw

Improving Derozan + Bayless > Morrow

Raps Bench > NJ Bench

If NJ thinks they can land Howard, why shouldn't TO?. As mentioned TO has the trade pieces, support pieces, depth & cap space.

elonepb
11-29-2011, 01:32 PM
We were having this same debate in the Raptors forum so i'm going to go ahead and post one's comments about NJ vs. Toronto as a possible landing place for Howard.

Better be just a hypothetical debate because Dwight is never playing in Toronto. And he doesn't want to play a single game in NJ. Brooklyn is different, but without that, the Nets aren't on his list.

gwrighter
11-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Better be just a hypothetical debate because Dwight is never playing in Toronto. And he doesn't want to play a single game in NJ. Brooklyn is different, but without that, the Nets aren't on his list.

i'm pretty sure Howard wants to win & if the Raptors can offer the Magic a great rebuilding package while offering a chance at contending then I don't see why not.

SeoulBeatz
11-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Iggy, Lou, Speights, Hawes, and 2 future firsts.

Chill_Will_24
11-29-2011, 01:48 PM
i'm pretty sure Howard wants to win & if the Raptors can offer the Magic a great rebuilding package while offering a chance at contending then I don't see why not.

Please dont do this to yourself. Dwight Howard will not play for the Raptors. Havent you learned by now? Barring Durant, superstars want to play for big markets and their agents push them in that direction too.

rapjuicer06
11-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Iggy, Lou, Speights, Hawes, and 2 future firsts.

Crap that won't get you Dwight? Are we playing Pictionary?

rapjuicer06
11-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Please dont do this to yourself. Dwight Howard will not play for the Raptors. Havent you learned by now? Barring Durant, superstars want to play for big markets and their agents push them in that direction too.

There are seriously 3 teams I think have any shot in getting Dwight. Lakers, Nets and Clippers. That's it.