PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash's future????

Ty Fast
11-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I think he will go to the Mavs after this season. Jason Kidd will retire and he will re sign with his old team. What do you think will happen with him? He has 1 year left on his contact and the Suns also might trade him.

DLeeicious
11-27-2011, 01:00 PM
He will find his way to a contender for a few seasons. Plenty of contenders could use exactly what he brings each year so he will be able to find a good fit (like Miami or LA last year)

Greet
11-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I heard he's joining Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and Kobe Bryant on the Knicks.

Ty Fast
11-27-2011, 01:10 PM

you mean the heat???

Ty Fast
11-27-2011, 01:12 PM

howard
amare
melo
kobe
paul/nash
mike d'antoni

imagine them running the fast break
hell of a team!!!

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
howard
amare
melo
kobe
paul/nash
mike d'antoni

imagine them running the fast break
hell of a team!!!

thanks to the new CBA that's possible

MJ-BULLS
11-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I think him going back to the Dallas Mavericks would be A good move for him. The Phoenix Suns don't really have that Bright of a future.

And if the Dallas Mavericks are interested in him. It doesn't hurt that they won the championship last year making Steve Nash kind of jelly that they won the whole thing.

Kashmir13579
11-27-2011, 01:24 PM
I'd love to see him on the Knicks or the Heat. Lord knows the Heat could use him.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I can't see him being traded to the knicks since they don't really have the assets, unless the Suns want Billups for some reason.

I could see him signing with NY next summer though after his contract is up in phoenix.

Kashmir13579
11-27-2011, 01:32 PM
I can't see him being traded to the knicks since they don't really have the assets, unless the Suns want Billups for some reason.

I could see him signing with NY next summer though after his contract is up in phoenix.

I could only see this happening if D'antoni gets a contract extension. IF D'antoni is still around, and Nash is still healthy enough to play, i'd say this is almost money in the bank for the Knicks.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I could only see this happening if D'antoni gets a contract extension. IF D'antoni is still around, and Nash is still healthy enough to play, i'd say this is almost money in the bank for the Knicks.

True. Didn't even think of that. If no D'antoni, I agree Nash would probably sign elsewhere. I just hope not Miami.

Kashmir13579
11-27-2011, 01:47 PM
True. Didn't even think of that. If no D'antoni, I agree Nash would probably sign elsewhere. I just hope not Miami.

As a Knicks fan, i would hate to see him sign with Miami. As a fan of basketball and a long-time Nash enthusiast, i'd LOVE IT. I think we can both agree Nash would finally get a long deserved ring.

ichitownclowni
11-27-2011, 01:55 PM
There are 30 Nash threads a week lmao but on topic I think that he will retire after the season or sign with the heat

CrasH-X
11-27-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm a Suns fan, and Steve Nash is my favorite player so of course it would be great for him to retire wearing the Orange and Purple ..

But, like the post above me, I would love to see him get with the Heat asap because I feel they have the most realistic chance of making it back to the finals and winning it all (depending on the pieces they get, and obv. Nash would be huge) so he can go off in the distance after finally winning his ring .

nycericanguy
11-27-2011, 02:24 PM
If D'antoni is still in NY and NY can't get CP3 I imagine Nash is plan b, would allow them to keep their young guys too since Nash likely won't command a max.

Who would have thought Nash would still be playing at an MVP level.

MTar786
11-27-2011, 02:25 PM
nash needs to come to la. hell, any pg is welcome here. but not smush

X12Celtics3
11-27-2011, 02:27 PM
I'd hate to see him go to the Heat. I'm a Celtics fan, but I'd like to see Nash have success somewhere before he retires... but I would definitely root against him if he went to Miami.

smith&wesson
11-27-2011, 02:46 PM
the mavs are a very good option for him. kidd will retire. dirk and nash re-unite!

BranWingss
11-27-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd like to see Nash dealt to a contender, but only if a good package comes back to Phoenix. He has sound numerous times, that he isn't demanding a trade though.

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 03:01 PM
He's gonna win it all on some overstacked team and than retire as a Raptor.

THE GIPPER
11-27-2011, 03:04 PM
He's gonna win it all on some overstacked team and than retire as a Raptor.

:confused:

nycericanguy
11-27-2011, 03:07 PM
:confused:

He's canadian so its not too far fetched.

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 03:08 PM

it's also a good move for him money wise you know how many jerseys he'd sell in Toronto?

Geargo Wallace
11-27-2011, 03:11 PM
he's obviously coming to toronto to win an easy championship

Pierzynski4Prez
11-27-2011, 03:12 PM
it's also a good move for him money wise you know how many jerseys he'd sell in Toronto?

I don't think Nash would see a dime from those sales. Otherwise LBJ would be changing his number every week.

The NBA however is another story.

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't think Nash would see a dime from those sales. Otherwise LBJ would be changing his number every week.

The NBA however is another story.

Players must get money from it, LBJ probably doesn't change his number that often because his name is a brand...you don't want to change it too often or it will weaken it's value..Like for me I still think lebron 23, not lebron 6. For example imagine if jordan wore 8,9, 15, 26, and 23, do you that the #23 would be as powerful as it is?

THE MTL
11-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Has anyone thought of the possibility of him staying Phoenix? Nash doesnt seem RING hungry like most of the veterans. He signed that 2 yr extension with phoenix when it was obvious the team was going in the opposite direction (trading Marion, trading Shaq, no indication of wanting to retain Amare).

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Has anyone thought of the possibility of him staying Phoenix? Nash doesnt seem RING hungry like most of the veterans. He signed that 2 yr extension with phoenix when it was obvious the team was going in the opposite direction (trading Marion, trading Shaq, no indication of wanting to retain Amare).

yea, it's true Nash probably will stay there for the rest of career....waste of talent

Evolution23
11-27-2011, 03:22 PM
If D'antoni is still in NY and NY can't get CP3 I imagine Nash is plan b, would allow them to keep their young guys too since Nash likely won't command a max.

Who would have thought Nash would still be playing at an MVP level.

That would be a good plan B for the Knicks. Sign Nash for about 6-9 mil and then sign a big this season. It would make the Knicks a much more balanced team than just having CP3 and some veteran min to fill the holes.

THE GIPPER
11-27-2011, 03:23 PM

Just because hes canadian doesnt mean he has automatic loyalties to the raptors. They didnt even exist when he was growing up so its not like hes a fan of them either. All im saying is if i was nash and id WAY rather finish my career with the suns after winning a ring than with the raptors.

Evolution23
11-27-2011, 03:24 PM
the mavs are a very good option for him. kidd will retire. dirk and nash re-unite!

I wouldn't mind seeing Nash in Dalas. If he goes to Miami, a lot of people are going to be mad.

smith&wesson
11-27-2011, 03:25 PM
the training staff in phx is unreal. they are known to squeez the best out of old talent. nash, hill, shaq at the time etc.. could be a reason why nash likes it there as well... i dont see any other reason why he would stay in phx at this point though. he has one more year, either the suns are smart and trade him or he leaves as a free agent. orrrrr phx gets more talent around him and he stays.

id love him back in dallas though.

smith&wesson
11-27-2011, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Nash in Dalas. If he goes to Miami, a lot of people are going to be mad.

thing is with nash is that although he is old he is still very productive. probably still a top 5 pg even. he will still want a lucrative deal. maybe a 3 year deal but he will want alot of money and i dont think the heat will be the one to offer him that.

mark cuban on the other hand is some one who would.

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 03:30 PM
thing is with nash is that although he is old he is still very productive. probably still a top 5 pg even. he will still want a lucrative deal. maybe a 3 year deal but he will want alot of money and i dont think the heat will be the one to offer him that.

he average the mosts assists in the league last season at 38 years old or whatever....

KnicksorBust
11-27-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd like to see Nash dealt to a contender, but only if a good package comes back to Phoenix. He has sound numerous times, that he isn't demanding a trade though.

I took some time this afternoon and looked at what potentially could be out there and it's tough to find a good match:

ATL - Jeff Teague + Magnum Rolle + Kirk Hinrich's Expiring + 1st Round Pick
NYK - Toney Douglas + Landry Fields + Chauncey Billup's Expiring (PHO could dump Frye's long-term contract in this deal)
ORL - Jameer Nelson + 1st Round Pick
DAL - S&T with Barea, Rudy Fernandez + Caron Butler's Expiring
POR - Raymond Felton + Nicolas Batum + 1st

Portland could throw in Roy's contract to help Phoenix salary dump Frye/Childress and then Suns could amnesty him. Where do you think they can get the most value?

Nash's competitive streak is by far his most underrated characteristic. He'll spin his wheels in Phoenix till his legs fall off because he's not a complainer but he is not happy losing like they did last season.

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 03:39 PM
I took some time this afternoon and looked at what potentially could be out there and it's tough to find a good match:

NYK - Toney Douglas + Landry Fields + Chauncey Billup's Expiring (PHO could dump Frye's long-term contract in this deal)

Portland could throw in Roy's contract to help Phoenix salary dump Frye/Childress and then Suns could amnesty him. Where do you think they can get the most value?

Nash's competitive streak is by far his most underrated characteristic. He'll spin his wheels in Phoenix till his legs fall off because he's not a complainer but he is not happy losing like they did last season.

no, way nash will play from those two team lol.....I really doubt phoenix is going to dump him on a non contender (yes I realize portland had a good record last year they still aren't close to being a contender) after all these years of good service.

KnicksorBust
11-27-2011, 03:44 PM
no, way nash will play from those two team lol.....I really doubt phoenix is going to dump him on a non contender (yes I realize portland had a good record last year they still aren't close to being a contender) after all these years of good service.

Why not?

Nash + Joe Johnson + Josh Smith + Al Horford is definately a contender. Imagine how happy JJ would be going from sharing a backcourt with Jamal Crawford to having Nash back. Just look at his numbers his last seasons in Phoenix.

Portland really hit a stride with Matthews-GForce-Aldridge last year. With Nash running the show, and a returning Camby they would be dangerous as well.

smith&wesson
11-27-2011, 03:53 PM
he average the mosts assists in the league last season at 38 years old or whatever....

37 but ya he is still very productive.

ill sig .. big L 4ever

smith&wesson
11-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Why not?

Nash + Joe Johnson + Josh Smith + Al Horford is definately a contender. Imagine how happy JJ would be going from sharing a backcourt with Jamal Crawford to having Nash back. Just look at his numbers his last seasons in Phoenix.

Portland really hit a stride with Matthews-GForce-Aldridge last year. With Nash running the show, and a returning Camby they would be dangerous as well.

Nash in his prime with joe johnson, marion in his prime, and stat never even got to the finals.

i doubt at 37 years old he will do it with johnson, smith, and horford. but it would be a good team. for how long though ? maybe a one year or two year run..

nash is aging. he is best to go to an aging contender like the the mavs because all those guys on that team are going to retire with in a few years as well. they have a legit chance of winning a title considering they just one won with out him and with an older and less productive jason kid at this piont in his career.

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Why not?

I donno with Atlanta their all good players, but their not great players...I think a contender has to have an elite player to go any where (james,wade, howard, kobe, nowitzki, paul, etc)..Maybe if atlanta traded 2 of the four you mentioned for a star they might be..

KnicksorBust
11-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Nash in his prime with joe johnson, marion in his prime, and stat never even got to the finals.

i doubt at 37 years old he will do it with johnson, smith, and horford. but it would be a good team. for how long though ? maybe a one year or two year run..

nash is aging. he is best to go to an aging contender like the the mavs because all those guys on that team are going to retire with in a few years as well. they have a legit chance of winning a title considering they just one won with out him and with an older and less productive jason kid at this piont in his career.

They got damn close and really their best chance was when Joe Johnson got injured. At any given time the right chemistry and a team can make a run. If I told you Kidd-Marion-Dirk-Chandler you would have said the same thing. It would be good but probably won't win a title and they are too old. The Heat are still coming together. The Knicks still need to fill out the roster. The Celtics are declining. The East is open. It'd be worth it for a 3 year window.

KnicksorBust
11-27-2011, 04:06 PM
I donno with Atlanta their all good players, but their not great players...I think a contender has to have an elite player to go any where (james,wade, howard, kobe, nowitzki, paul, etc)..Maybe if atlanta traded 2 of the four you mentioned for a star they might be..

Pistons won without an elite player. Balance and depth can be enough sometimes. Hell, the Hawks finally got past the Magic, they should build on that momentum. If you can make it to the 2nd round WITHOUT Nash. You gotta believe that with him you can get further.

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Pistons won without an elite player. Balance and depth can be enough sometimes. Hell, the Hawks finally got past the Magic, they should build on that momentum. If you can make it to the 2nd round WITHOUT Nash. You gotta believe that with him you can get further.

true, but they made up for it because of their insane defense. Also, they never had to go up against lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

Kashmir13579
11-27-2011, 04:26 PM
true, but they made up for it because of their insane defense. Also, they never had to go up against lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

They had to go up against Shaq and Kobe.

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 04:36 PM
They had to go up against Shaq and Kobe.

yea that's actually one of the most impressive victories ever.

Wade>You
11-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Hopin he comes to Miami. It'd be the sickest team he's had since JJ, Q-Rich, Marion, and Amare.

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Hopin he comes to Miami. It'd be the sickest team he's had since JJ, Q-Rich, Marion, and Amare.

naw he's a competitor he likes to win things on his own, not get them handed to him like lebron, bosh, and wade.

Wade>You
11-27-2011, 04:49 PM
naw he's a competitor he likes to win things on his own, not get them handed to him like lebron, bosh, and wade.So where do you think he'll go?

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 04:57 PM
So where do you think he'll go?

New york or stay in phoenix. I just don't see him on the Heat because both lebron and wade handle the ball like they're pg's. I doubt nash would want the type of role where he only handles the ball 30% of the time.

Kashmir13579
11-27-2011, 05:16 PM
naw he's a competitor he likes to win things on his own, not get them handed to him like lebron, bosh, and wade.

Wade already won a ring before the dream team. And NOBODY wins a ring on their own. He's in the twilight of his career and i wouldn't hold it against him if he went ring chasing with the big 3.

Wade>You
11-27-2011, 05:18 PM
New york or stay in phoenix. I just don't see him on the Heat because both lebron and wade handle the ball like they're pg's. I doubt nash would want the type of role where he only handles the ball 30% of the time.As long as you didn't say "The Mavs" like other people have mentioned lol. That would be worse than the Heat as far as ring-chasing. NY is a good choice.

Kashmir13579
11-27-2011, 05:19 PM
New york or stay in phoenix. I just don't see him on the Heat because both lebron and wade handle the ball like they're pg's. I doubt nash would want the type of role where he only handles the ball 30% of the time.

Steve is great off the ball, though. Even if that weren't the case, i think Lebron and Wade would welcome an elite distributer to get them easy looks. It was afterall, their offense that took a **** in the finals.

ChronicTrigger
11-27-2011, 05:24 PM
As long as you didn't say "The Mavs" like other people have mentioned lol. That would be worse than the Heat as far as ring-chasing. NY is a good choice.

he lives there (or did live there..don't know if he does anymore) and he likes D'antoni too.

Kashmir13579
11-27-2011, 05:26 PM
he lives there (or did live there..don't know if he does anymore) and he likes D'antoni too.

yeah he spends his summers in NY.

ChiSox219
11-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Players must get money from it, LBJ probably doesn't change his number that often because his name is a brand...you don't want to change it too often or it will weaken it's value..Like for me I still think lebron 23, not lebron 6. For example imagine if jordan wore 8,9, 15, 26, and 23, do you that the #23 would be as powerful as it is?

Revenue from jersey sales is distributed among the players according to time in the NBA, so Nash wouldn't reap the benefits of an increase in his own jersey sales.

I recently finished reading 7 Seconds or Less and the way Nash is portrayed, I could see him playing with PHX.

yea, it's true Nash probably will stay there for the rest of career....waste of talent

Waste of talent would be Nash going to Miami.

Didn't Cuban let Nash go years ago because the Mavs thought he would not live up to a big contract?

I agree, Lebron especially because James is such a ball stopper. As much as I dislike the Knicks, they would be super entertaining with Nash and D'Antoni reuniting.

mdm692
11-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah he will be a great fit with the heat. Two ball hogging superstars is exactly what nash needs. Knicks are safest bet. Pick and roll with stat and when defense collapse kick out to the slashing/3point shooting carmelo

Cal827
11-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah he will be a great fit with the heat. Two ball hogging superstars is exactly what nash needs. Knicks are safest bet. Pick and roll with stat and when defense collapse kick out to the slashing/3point shooting carmelo

Nash on the Knicks = Worst. Defensive. Team. Ever. And I'm a Raptors fan; I know something about appalling defense :D

I want to see the guy win more than anything. I wouldn't really care where he went, I would root for him. Miami is probably the best fit because those two ball hogs and company can play some good defense. On top of that, him and Lebron and Wade can pass the ball pretty well, and Bosh could set screens for the Pick and Roll. If the Knicks get defenders, then they'll be a nice fit too.

king4day
11-27-2011, 07:47 PM

From a Suns fans perspective, here's my take on these trade ideas.

The Atlanta one I would do. It gives us Teague who has potential and a likely #1 pick in the 20's. This gives Atlanta someone to setup Smith and Horford. That would make the Hawks a true threat in the East.

The Knicks one I'm not keen on but if we're going to deal him there, Douglas and Fields are guys I'd want back. I'd actually prefer Shumpart in place of Douglas.

Frye is not someone you throw in a trade. He had his best year last season. He has a very manageable contract and is improving. I'd actually demand talent back for him. Not for a team to simply take him from us.
If we're going to dump salary, it'd have to be Warrick or Childress. Childress makes the most sense for NY as he's a mini Marion.

The Orlando one isn't appeasing. Nelson does nothing for a team that would be in a rebuilding mode. The deal would have to start with Reddick and a pick but I'd tell them I want a future unprotected first. Maybe get it for 2015 and hope Orlando doesn't resign Howard.

The Dallas one wouldn't help the Suns. Unless Barea is willing to take a pay cut compared to what he is going to ask for, it won't help the Suns rebuild. Beaubois would be the centerpiece for a Nash deal to Dallas.

The Blazers deal I would do in a heartbeat but I don't see Portland giving up so much. However, I'm confident he'd sign an extension with them. It's close to his home in BC.
I also think the Suns wouldn't be able to turn down an offer like this. You get a very good replacement in Felton, a very good up and comer in Batum, and a first rounder.

nycericanguy
11-27-2011, 07:49 PM

Yea, not a good fit in MIA. They already have two playmakers. Nash would be relegated to spot up 3 point duties, or you have to take the ball out of Lebron's hands for playmaking.

Would be another duplicate talent on MIA

king4day
11-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I'd like to see Nash get traded to OKC for Harden.
OKC moves Westbrook to SG and Nash takes over the point.
Harden would be a great start in a rebuild mode for Phoenix.

dodie53
11-28-2011, 03:10 AM
just trade nash to the heat and be done with it

Wade>You
11-28-2011, 03:22 AM
^ For real.

I'm hoping so badly that Nash gets amnestied and SOMEHOW makes it past the bidding.

I'd put money down that he'd come to Miami.

LA_Raiders
11-28-2011, 03:28 AM
I can see him staying put, or traded to Toronto or Atlanta. I dont see Dal, NY or LA having the trading chips for a trade...

Rego247
11-28-2011, 03:31 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him in NY. Just not Miami.

mdm692
11-28-2011, 03:53 AM
NASH WILL NOT JOIN MIAMI YOU CAN SET IT IN STONE.

He is not getting traded, if he were miami would be the last place suns would think of(unless the heat are giving up bosh). He will retire a sun or end up in NY where he has his summer home. If he does go to new york expect grant hill to follow Nash to balance out the defense a bit.
Nash
Hill/Shumper
Melo
Stat
Defensive C

Fill the rest with mle and vet min players and you have a very competitive team that can hang with and beat ANY team in the nba.

Dream scenario for him to be traded to is okc. James harden+fillers+unprotected picks for nash and grant hill. OKC would win at least one championship with nash and westbrook would be able to take as many shots as he wants with nash controlling the flow of the game. Harden benefits the suns in a lot of ways. First of all he is already a hometown hero from his time at ASU so he would fill up the stadium due to his large fan base. He is young and with a lot of upside, has the potential to be an all star borderline superstar player given the right circumstances. The picks would give us some great talent for the future.

Wade>You
11-28-2011, 04:00 AM
NASH WILL NOT JOIN MIAMI YOU CAN SET IT IN STONE.Set it next to the "LeBron is not coming to Miami," "Wade is going to Chicago" stone.

The only way I agree with you is if the Suns keep him and/or he doesn't get passed the amnesty bidding.

mdm692
11-28-2011, 04:23 AM
He wont get amnesty that would e a low blow for him and suns have worst contracts to get rid of(Hakim Warrick, Josh Childress)

JPHX
11-28-2011, 04:41 AM
he's gonna stay put. no point in trading him now. contract is almost up and he will be free from the clutches of Adolph $arver.

Wade>You
11-28-2011, 04:43 AM
He wont get amnesty that would e a low blow for him and suns have worst contracts to get rid of(Hakim Warrick, Josh Childress)Ahh I see. But you don't think with his career dwindling down that he would prefer to be playing for a championship for the remainder of his career? I think that not having that opportunity and being stuck on a team that is rebuilding would be a bigger low blow to him

More-Than-Most
11-28-2011, 05:42 AM
Dont worry...Everyone will have a shot at Nash in a few years after this contract... He is like wine... He gets better with age... I expect 20/20 seasons from him in his mid 40s Lol

AllBall
11-28-2011, 06:04 AM
As much as I would like it, I dont see Nash realistically coming to the Heat.

There are much more ties and incentives to go to the Mavs.

Wade>You
11-28-2011, 06:12 AM
As much as I would like it, I dont see Nash realistically coming to the Heat.

There are much more ties and incentives to go to the Mavs.Starting PG could be the difference maker and who knows if J-Kidd will take a back seat to accommodate Nash and vice versa.

Who knows though, but I'd still put money on Nash going to Miami.

And don't forget: once Pat Riley gets a player in a room and starts talking, it's over. (no homo)

UPRock
11-28-2011, 08:29 AM
A Steve Nash/Dwayne Wade/Lebron James/Chris Bosh/Samuel Dalembert is easily one of the best teams ever. I see him signing with the Heat or Lakers next year.

RevisIsland
11-28-2011, 09:05 AM
I think we have a reasonable chance to lure him for small money. Amare, Carmelo, D'antoni, New York, we have a lot to offer.

Greet
11-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Starting PG could be the difference maker and who knows if J-Kidd will take a back seat to accommodate Nash and vice versa.

Who knows though, but I'd still put money on Nash going to Miami.

And don't forget: once Pat Riley gets a player in a room and starts talking, it's over. (no homo)

Honestly believe Nash has way to much pride to go too that organization.

spreadeagle
11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Come home Steve!!!!! trade him and Lopez to the Raps for Calderon and Bargnani...be good captain to a young team and sell about a million jerseys lol

3mikee_
11-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I hope he wins a ring with the Mavs or anybody BUT the Heat..

nycericanguy
11-28-2011, 11:08 AM
I'd like to see Nash get traded to OKC for Harden.
OKC moves Westbrook to SG and Nash takes over the point.
Harden would be a great start in a rebuild mode for Phoenix.

Interesting, but I think Harden is a bit much to give up for Nash. Harden seems on the verge of stardom, and if he didn't play on a team with Durant & Westbrook he'd probably already be a 20+ ppg guy.