PDA

View Full Version : Will the warriors make the playoffs?

likemystylez
11-27-2011, 11:46 AM
I thought I would post this to see how many people still completely believe in Mark Jackson. He promised on atleast 3 or 4 occasions that the warriors would be in the 2012 playoffs. There was nothing forcing him to make that promise and he was aware that the warriors roster was not complete and there was a lockout likely to wipe out at the very least the entire off season. (Personally- I think him making a promise like that to the fans showed more than anything his lack of expierence for the position).... To say the least... gaurenteeing the playoffs took guts... or a complete idiot, I guess we will see. Does mark jackson get canned if this team doesnt make the playoffs? Or wow... what if this team were to suffer injuries and have a worse winning precentage than with keith smart???

LOL with the lockout promising more teams having a chance at a ring and all that. Im not even concerned with a ring, if this team becomes a fixture in the play offs... I am more than satisfied. I dont think thats too much to ask for the best fans in the NBA.

lacob and company didnt make any big moves last season, not early, not at the trade deadline. They didnt make any big draft day trades to bring in a franchise player, and they didnt make any moves all summer to improve this roster. (Spare me the excuses... go ahead and post them over the last 2 decades... cuz at this point I've heard them all)

mp3
11-27-2011, 03:32 PM
I really like the dubs chances of getting into the playoffs. I think they are a big body away from making noise in the playoffs. All they need is more consistency on defense and you know Marc is going to help out with that.

likemystylez
11-27-2011, 04:28 PM
I really like the dubs chances of getting into the playoffs. I think they are a big body away from making noise in the playoffs. All they need is more consistency on defense and you know Marc is going to help out with that.

I'm not sure that anybody could "know" that

iFYouSeekAmy
11-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Of course Mark Jackson would not lie to us. There's a reason why he was chosen despite any coaching experience.

Lloyd Christmas
11-27-2011, 07:31 PM
I think Jackson got the job to recruit free agents here. If we are actually able to land one of the big FA centers then I'll say yes. As of right now......NO.

ODdFUTUrE49
11-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Dubbs are going to be illmatic!

likemystylez
11-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Dubbs are going to be illmatic!

indeed

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
11-28-2011, 01:55 AM
I say no but not for the reason listed in the voting, I just don't see this roster as being talented enough to make it.

lmeas11
11-28-2011, 02:57 AM
I say yes, I believe in our Warriors.

I believe it when Monta says he's been working hard this summer and I believe it when he says that we will see a different Monta.

I believe in Curry. I seen how much he improved as a player and his bball IQ is good enough for me to believe.

I believe in the confidence of David Lee. He knows what he wants, and he's a legit PF in my eyes.

I believe in Jackson. Being a new coach, no experience I know he will do good.

When you think about it, the coach doesn't run the team, the players do.

And with the maturity of Monta, Curry running the point, Lee taking initiative, Wright proving his position.... we got ourselves a team.

And this would be the first season our dubs come back together. TOGETHER!!!!

Let's go Warriors, I believe in the post season!

Call me out on that!!!!

Monta is beast
11-28-2011, 03:16 AM
I don't see a reason why not. Last year we had injuries like crazy and we still pulled out a respectable record. And with the signing of Malone I think we will be a much better defensive team this year. Also I really expect Ellis to become a much better player this year. I know we all think of him as a great player already, but there is definitely room for improvement.

robbnen#31
11-28-2011, 03:36 AM
We will make it assuming we upgrade at the center position. If we end up making it we won't go to far as the defensive deficiencies within the back court will become exposed even further during the playoffs.

Monta is beast
11-28-2011, 03:44 AM
We will make it assuming we upgrade at the center position. If we end up making it we won't go to far as the defensive deficiencies within the back court will become exposed even further during the playoffs.

Monta is surprisingly strong for his height and weight. He backs down people bigger then him. I could see him becoming a good defender under Malone. As for Curry, it is what it is.

Crab Dribble!
11-28-2011, 10:47 AM
It depends entirely on whether or not they get a quality center before the season starts, and whether Mark Jackson defers to his assistants when it comes to Xs and Os. If those two requirements are fulfilled, then they have a chance.

likemystylez
11-28-2011, 11:03 AM
It depends entirely on whether or not they get a quality center before the season starts, and whether Mark Jackson defers to his assistants when it comes to Xs and Os. If those two requirements are fulfilled, then they have a chance.

well he gaurenteed it without knowing if those things are true or not. Atleast the former... LOl and he didnt gaurentee a chance, he gaurenteed the warriors are in the 2012 playoffs. Then tom tolbert reconfirmed and mark jackson said it another 2 or 3 times.... so there are no excuses.

likemystylez
11-28-2011, 11:05 AM

yeah dallas had a horrible time with that too.

BKLYNpigeon
11-28-2011, 08:27 PM
If they make it, they will be one and done. 8th seed at best.

Lloyd Christmas
11-28-2011, 10:31 PM
I don't agree with the "won't make it past the first round" point. If we are actually good enough to make it to the playoffs then some major changes must have happened. So why couldn't we take out the 1 seed? It's not like there is a early 2000 Lakers team in the NBA. The Mavs, Thunder, Lakers, etc are definately beatable.

likemystylez
11-28-2011, 10:56 PM
If they make it, they will be one and done. 8th seed at best.

LOL- well youd have to see how good the team is that we made it with wouldnt you?

LOl and even if they are one and done, LOL- are you saying the solution is to not even try to get into the playoffs?

likemystylez
03-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Of course Mark Jackson would not lie to us. There's a reason why he was chosen despite any coaching experience.

Hmmmmm- I guess?

likemystylez
03-16-2012, 12:50 AM
I don't see a reason why not. Last year we had injuries like crazy and we still pulled out a respectable record. And with the signing of Malone I think we will be a much better defensive team this year. Also I really expect Ellis to become a much better player this year. I know we all think of him as a great player already, but there is definitely room for improvement.

it looks like management doesnt even want to get in, that would be a reason I see why not.

MackShock
03-16-2012, 12:58 AM
you WOULD bump this..

likemystylez
03-16-2012, 01:07 AM
you WOULD bump this..

its a good way to see what posters are wishy washy and which posters are solid in their assesments... and stand by them

MackShock
03-16-2012, 01:51 AM
not alot of people said anything dumb though..most ppl were right on

Scoots
03-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I wanted them to tank all year. I'm happy! I'm happy! I think I'll go for a walk!

likemystylez
03-16-2012, 08:09 PM
I wanted them to tank all year. I'm happy! I'm happy! I think I'll go for a walk!

a true fan would never wan their team to tank.. esp with the warriors history inthe lotto

Scoots
03-16-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm a true fan, and I want them to get better, to get better they need to lose. I'm a fan for life, not just the next 10 games. I've been a fan for 30 years, in those 30 years the Warriors have been occasionally good, never great, and usually bad. In all that time I didn't want them to tank ... in 1985 (were you alive then Sylez?) they had the worst record in the NBA because they were THAT bad, and instead of Patrick Ewing in the draft, it was the first year of the lottery and they got Mullin at the 7th pick instead. That set the tone of the Warriors being cursed to not get the big man they needed. 3 1st round picks for Chris Webber and he left because of bad coaching and an immature team (after Mullin and Hardaway got injured). The Warriors have been almost always entertaining, but they have not ever had a good center in all that time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but could Rony Seikely be the best C they've had in the last 30?

I WAAAAAANT the Warriors to win. A lot. But this year of all years the draft is as deep as it's been since maybe 1984 and the Warriors have a real chance to get some of that good good talent and actually make the Warriors possible contenders in the West. Isn't that what you want too?

lol, please
03-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Dubs became contenders when they acquired bogut.

PayDaPiper
03-17-2012, 01:16 AM
I think were gonna see alotta games with effort similar to the one we saw against the Bucks tonight. I understand why management made the trade and im in favor for the long run, but the fact is before the trade the warriors had a chance at the 8 seed. No NBA player ever wants to be told that they are playin for next year. It was like it all came to an end quickly and the team has to feel deflated...

bigmac8675
03-18-2012, 04:21 AM
No, not a chance we do. Especially with Curry being out for most of the rest of the season, as well as having no center besides Beans and Tyler.