PDA

View Full Version : FA/Amnesty Wish list???

bolts4ever
11-27-2011, 11:31 AM
players you would want when they are likely released from their contracts!!!!

Areas of NEED!!!

PG
Baron Davis-CAVS
Jose Calderon-RAPS
Beno Udrih-Bucks
Kirk Hinrich-Hawksbest option if possible
Gilbert Arenas-Magic

SF
Marcus Williams-Hawks
Travis Outlaw-Nets
Rashard Lewis-Wizards
Richard Jefferson-Spurs
Martell Webster-Timberwolves
Trevor Ariza-Hornets
Steven Jackson-Bucks

If the Lakers could come out with Rashard Lewis and Kirk Hinrich ship the ring to LA period.

Amnesty -Artest
Stretch Rule- Steve Blake

Roster- really versatile team
PG)Hinrich/ Fisher/Morris
SG) Kobe/Barnes/Hinrich
SF) Ebanks/ Lewis/ Walton
PF) Pau/Odom/Lewis
C) Bynum/ Pau/ ???

socalswag24
11-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Nahh id rather have gilbert arenas than kirk, but i agree on lewis.. i like baron too. but honestly we reaaalllly need to get dwight, it looks like knicks are all in for cp3 and and if we are going to win a ring we need one more star not a little impact player.

Hellcrooner
11-27-2011, 12:38 PM
calderon.

kirk is NOT getting cut ( if he was , then kirk).

dont need ballhogs like davis or arenas in the team.

The goods
11-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Ariza might get cut? I haven't heard that one,I think him or lewis is a smart choice we get faster and better 3 pt shooting
I'm not sure about point gaurds kirk isn't getting cut and davis isn't the answer we might have to make a trade if possible.

GREATNESS ONE
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
I agreee with Crooner, the last thing we need is another shoot first player.

Chacarron
11-27-2011, 01:50 PM
For PG: Hinrich or Calderon.

For SF: I would give Stephen Jackson a shot OR try to sign Battier or Prince.

Lakers4ItAll
11-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Does Prince have any game left?

GREATNESS ONE
11-27-2011, 02:03 PM
For PG: Hinrich or Calderon.

For SF: I would give Stephen Jackson a shot OR try to sign Battier or Prince.

:nod: yes yes yes Battier would be PERFECT !!!!

ironkobe
11-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Rashard Lewis is tthe only fa i like this year

PGLakers
11-27-2011, 02:12 PM
I wonder how Kobe's knees are doing these days, I know he got operation done overseas (Germany?). If the plan is to save his legs and limit his limits, then i dont mind another scorer as far as he fits into Brown's way of playing.

Lake_Show2416
11-27-2011, 02:35 PM
SJax, Battier & Prince would all b great additions

I like Calderon as well n would mind Kirk

deadman8586
11-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Nahh id rather have gilbert arenas than kirk, but i agree on lewis.. i like baron too. but honestly we reaaalllly need to get dwight, it looks like knicks are all in for cp3 and and if we are going to win a ring we need one more star not a little impact player.

The problem problem Orlando doesn't want to trade him right now, and also they will want a lot for him so say good bye to both Pau and Bynum if we get him.

deadman8586
11-27-2011, 02:58 PM
players you would want when they are likely released from their contracts!!!!

Areas of NEED!!!

PG
Baron Davis-CAVS
Jose Calderon-RAPS
Beno Udrih-Bucks
Kirk Hinrich-Hawksbest option if possible
Gilbert Arenas-Magic

SF
Marcus Williams-Hawks
Travis Outlaw-Nets
Rashard Lewis-Wizards
Richard Jefferson-Spurs
Martell Webster-Timberwolves
Trevor Ariza-Hornets
Steven Jackson-Bucks

If the Lakers could come out with Rashard Lewis and Kirk Hinrich ship the ring to LA period.

Amnesty -Artest
Stretch Rule- Steve Blake

Roster- really versatile team
PG)Hinrich/ Fisher/Morris
SG) Kobe/Barnes/Hinrich
SF) Ebanks/ Lewis/ Walton
PF) Pau/Odom/Lewis
C) Bynum/ Pau/ ???

I have a question what the heck is the Stretch Rule? Also aren't you forgetting about Luke because if doesn't retire then the Amnesty will be used on him. Also what about Fish because what if he decides to retire after this lockout so we have to hold on to Blake until Fish makes his mind up. Also the MLE is only 3 mil now so we only can get one. so choose wisely.

lakers4sho
11-27-2011, 03:17 PM
I have a question what the heck is the Stretch Rule? Also aren't you forgetting about Luke because if doesn't retire then the Amnesty will be used on him. Also what about Fish because what if he decides to retire after this lockout so we have to hold on to Blake until Fish makes his mind up. Also the MLE is only 3 mil now so we only can get one. so choose wisely.

I haven't read too in-depth into CBA details but I believe that the Stretch Rule allows you to "stretch" into a certain number of years how much a waived player counts against your cap.

Eg. Say the Lakers cut someone who has 3 million left in his contract. By the CBA rules, that 3 million still counts against the Lakers cap, but the FO can "stretch" it, say, into 3 years of 1 million each.

Chacarron
11-27-2011, 03:46 PM

Here is an article about the stretch rule: http://www.hoopsworld.com/cba-scenarios-the-stretch-clause/

First we need to define the stretch exception. The stretch exception is as currently defined is a modification of the rules under the old CBA that dictated how waived or bought out players counted against the salary cap. (Note: This is widely reported as not quite a done deal in negotiations, but itís more defining the details rather than the element being in or out of the deal Ė itís in.) In the previous CBA a playerís salary counted for the full amount against the cap. If a lower buyout was negotiated, that amount was applied proportionately against the cap for the remaining years of the contract.

This new incarnation of the rules would take the amount owed to the player and instead of applying it to the owed years would apply to double the amount of years plus one, lowering the cap hit for each season. And unlike the amnesty clause, this wouldnít be a one-time deal. Whether itís once a year or more, or even optional, is among the aspects still to be defined.

Hereís an example:

Player X is owed $10 million (a flat $5 million per season) over the final two years of his contract. His team decides to waive him using the stretch exception. Instead of a $5 million cap hit, the $10 million would be spread out over five years (double the current contract, plus one). That leaves the team with a $2 million cap hit for the next five years.

lakers4sho
11-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok, so I guess "certain number of years" [ from my post ] is actually "double the current contract, plus one".

Thanks for the clarification

lakers4sho
11-27-2011, 06:22 PM
boo, apparently we can't "scoop" amnestied quality players according to latest updates

edit: hopefully none of the teams below the salary cap would be interested in guys like Lewis or Davis. We can still snag them if they don't receive a partial bid from those teams.

LA_Raiders
11-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Arenas, Davis, Lewis are the only ones that might get cut... I hope we get Davis and Lewis... We need a PG and a 3pt shooter

C-Style
11-28-2011, 04:10 AM
We can forget about that now

Hurricane H
11-28-2011, 01:50 PM
We are over the cap. We can not bid on the amnesty quality player. We can try to sign amnesty players that don't have any bids on them if I read the article correctly.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-nba-lockout-s112711,0,4202541.story