PDA

View Full Version : Lakers vs Bulls

C-Style
11-27-2011, 02:18 AM
Let's say this 2 teams meet in the NBA Finals, Who would win a 7 game series?

The Former Back 2 Back Champions or the Uprising Chicago Bulls?

LA_Raiders
11-27-2011, 02:26 AM
The Lake Show...

MTar786
11-27-2011, 02:26 AM
lakers would win in either 5 or 6

Gators123
11-27-2011, 02:32 AM
Lakers

gotoHcarolina52
11-27-2011, 02:38 AM
Lakers in 5

D Roses Bulls
11-27-2011, 02:39 AM
you mean the team who barely got out of the 1st round and got killed in the second round. i'll pick the bulls

D Roses Bulls
11-27-2011, 02:39 AM
only laker, miami, and knick fans will pick the lakers. why is everyone so jealous of the bulls fans? cause were loyal or what?

Y2JOrdan
11-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Bulls in 6

Bulls_fan90
11-27-2011, 02:44 AM
Heat in 3.

Hustlenomics
11-27-2011, 02:49 AM
who's the home team?

kingbrentg
11-27-2011, 02:50 AM
This will end well

Teeboy1487
11-27-2011, 02:53 AM
The Bulls don't match up well with the Lakers. I say Lakers in 5 to 6 games. Derrick Rose would steal at least one game. Still, they would have no answer for Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum.

Rosh
11-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Who's the Bulls SG?

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-27-2011, 03:09 AM
Bynum vs Noah
Gasol vs Boozer
Artest vs Deng
Kobe vs ?
Fisher vs Rose

That would be a pretty good series. Kobe and Rose were pretty even last year. I think Rose may start to separate himself from Bryant from here on out. The only matchup the Lakers really win hands down is Gasol vs Boozer. But that's only if he has his head on straight.

Jonathan2323
11-27-2011, 03:10 AM
only laker, miami, and knick fans will pick the lakers. why is everyone so jealous of the bulls fans? cause were loyal or what?

No people just understand that the current Bulls team is really overrated.

Lakers in 5

John Walls Era
11-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Whos starting: Boozer or Gibson? Because Pau would eat Boozer alive.

5ass
11-27-2011, 03:29 AM
people should stop making these kinds of threads until after FA.

dnewguy
11-27-2011, 03:33 AM
The Bulls or Lakers won't make the finals. This has got to be the most unrealistic thread.

Teeboy1487
11-27-2011, 03:35 AM
Whos starting: Boozer or Gibson? Because Pau would eat Boozer alive.

LOL at your sig :laugh2:.

John Walls Era
11-27-2011, 03:51 AM
LOL at your sig :laugh2:.

The Heat like to put on a good show and I applaud them.

C-Style
11-27-2011, 03:55 AM
The Bulls or Lakers won't make the finals. This has got to be the most unrealistic thread.
Yeah and Heat won't win a championship, will choke again so why watch?

Lakerhead4ever
11-27-2011, 04:20 AM
I like the bulls but they have no answer for the lakers. Bynum gasol will eat boozer and noah alive. Not to mention kobe will destroy all the 2 guards. Rose will run laps around us as usual but that won't be enough.

Bulls need a sg and a better bench before they become a true contender.

LakersMaster24
11-27-2011, 04:42 AM

First of all, no one is saying that they will, people are just comparing if it happened.

Second o fall, since when can you tell the future? How do you know what will happen this off season to prevent either of these two teams to win a title?

TopsyTurvy
11-27-2011, 04:49 AM
Gasol would dominate Noah and/or Asik. Kobe even losing steps still presents more of a threat than the Bulls could contain with Deng + any other guard on the team. Bynum? Well, some days he plays, some days he just get paid...

I think the Lakers take this series. Give the Bulls another season and I may sing another tune.

RevisIsland
11-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Derrick Rose would probably break every conceivable scoring record against Derrick Fisher.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Bulls easily...lakers have a whole new system to learn in 2 weeks...:laugh2:

Edit: saw it was talking about a finals matchup...that would be tough. prob the bulls, but they will run into the same problem, everyone will focus in rose and someone will have to make shots which we now is not possible.

DR_1
11-27-2011, 09:21 AM

Lakers in 5

:facepalm:

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 09:23 AM
:facepalm:

Love when people facepalm the truth. The bulls are overrated. Just look what happened last season. Bulls swept the season series vs. the heat, then lost 4 in a row in the playoffs. Now that other teams know to get the ball out of rose's hands, things should be interesting.

Does not mean they are a bad team, they just arent as good as some people rate them.

Jint.
11-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Lakers win in 4.

theheatles
11-27-2011, 10:12 AM
if you're talking 1st game of this season...i'll go with the bulls...but in a 7 game series, the lakers got it in 6

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Bynum* would toss Noah around like a rag doll. Im not impressed by gasol, bosh outplayed him in both games last season. Kobe is declining, and everyone else is old. But i just cant see anyone else on the bulls team getting it done. Teams will get the ball out of rose's hand, and who else is there? Bulls need a good SG, im not sure Jrich or mayo is there guy either. They will need someone like afflalo.

*If he's 100% healthy, which he probably wont be.

JordansBulls
11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Let's wait till free agency.

effen5
11-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Rose was just ridiculous against the Lakers last year even though we lost. Nobody could stop him.

DLeeicious
11-27-2011, 12:34 PM

Lakers in 5

Bulls offensive/defensive efficiency differential last season = +8.1 with two starters injured a good portion of the year. Explain how they are overrated.

effen5
11-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Bulls offensive/defensive efficiency differential last season = +8.1 with two starters injured a good portion of the year. Explain how they are overrated.

He can't explain. This team *IF* we add a legit SG is going to be very scary in the next 5 years.

Frankdatank9514
11-27-2011, 12:38 PM

Jealous of the fans? Maybe jealous of the team but the fans?:facepalm:

Frankdatank9514
11-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Bulls in 6.

theheatles
11-27-2011, 12:41 PM

they were overachievers with a bunch of 1 dimensional players that will be exploited :up:

effen5
11-27-2011, 12:42 PM
they were overachievers with a bunch of 1 dimensional players that will be exploited :up:

Im sorry but who overachieved last year? Only person that had a break out year last year was Derrick Rose (MVP).

Boozer and Noah were out a good portion of the season.

Everybody else had an above average season.

;)

Frankdatank9514
11-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Bynum* would toss Noah around like a rag doll. Im not impressed by gasol, bosh outplayed him in both games last season. Kobe is declining, and everyone else is old. But i just cant see anyone else on the bulls team getting it done. Teams will get the ball out of rose's hand, and who else is there? Bulls need a good SG, im not sure Jrich or mayo is there guy either. They will need someone like afflalo.

*If he's 100% healthy, which he probably wont be.

I heard the Bulls have a pretty good defense...

Frankdatank9514
11-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Sorry to be off topic and sounding like a noob, but how do I get those pictures to appear on the bottom of my comment?

Gators123
11-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Sorry to be off topic and sounding like a noob, but how do I get those pictures to appear on the bottom of my comment?

You need to have 100 post before you can have a sig.

effen5
11-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Go to your sig in your profile and put in "[ img]picture[/ img]

without the spaces in between images and the brackets.

Frankdatank9514
11-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Go to your sig in your profile and put in "[ img]picture[/ img]

without the spaces in between images and the brackets.

Alighty then, thanks!

Cutler FTW!
11-27-2011, 12:50 PM

Thats the word on the street.

effen5
11-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Alighty then, thanks!

But the above poster is correct, I believe you need a 100 posts. So post wh*re for another 13 posts :p

DLeeicious
11-27-2011, 12:51 PM

So an aggregate of every single possession throughout the course of the season both offensively and defensively left the Bulls at + 8.1 compared to the rest of the league and it was just overachieving? They just had a huge string of positive variance? You convinced me.

DaBUU
11-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Gasol would dominate Noah and/or Asik. Kobe even losing steps still presents more of a threat than the Bulls could contain with Deng + any other guard on the team. Bynum? Well, some days he plays, some days he just get paid...

I think the Lakers take this series. Give the Bulls another season and I may sing another tune.

Noah dominated Pau last season. Pau had that hot start to the season and then Noah shut the smelly fishman down in LA.

Frankdatank9514
11-27-2011, 12:53 PM
But the above poster is correct, I believe you need a 100 posts. So post wh*re for another 13 posts :p

Really? I thought he was poking fun at my 80 something comments. I just need to write 13 more comments....

D1JM
11-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Let's wait till free agency.

Wise words.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 01:12 PM

It's ok, couldn't stop lebron wade or bosh when they needed to.

MJ-BULLS
11-27-2011, 01:18 PM
I will also like to know who the Chicago Bulls scoring guard will be once the season starts. I think it's pretty unfair to say who will win the series right now.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 01:23 PM
I will also like to know who the Chicago Bulls scoring guard will be once the season starts. I think it's pretty unfair to say who will win the series right now.

Lets say you get mayo or jrich...still dont see either of those guys putting the bulls over the hump. I also think you guys lose some of your defensive swagger(which is the main reason you got the 1 seed) going with jrich or mayo. imo

D1JM
11-27-2011, 01:27 PM
It's ok, couldn't stop lebron wade or bosh when they needed to.

Isn't this about the bulls vs lakers? Go jack off to dirk nowitzky picture

MJ-BULLS
11-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Lets say you get mayo or jrich...still dont see either of those guys putting the bulls over the hump. I also think you guys lose some of your defensive swagger(which is the main reason you got the 1 seed) going with jrich or mayo. imo

When it comes to Jason Richardson, yes, I don't think he will be able to put us over the top. now, OJ Mayo? I certainly think so. he is truly being utilized completely wrong in Memphis, Coming off the bench. He will get his good share of minutes here in Chicago. he is also a good defender which he will be able to mesh in with our defense.

I understand that he hasn't played up to his full potential in Memphis due to what I just explained.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 01:31 PM
When it comes to Jason Richardson, yes, I don't think he will be able to put us over the top. now, OJ Mayo? I certainly think so. he is truly being utilized completely wrong in Memphis, Coming off the bench. He will get his good share of minutes here in Chicago. he is also a good defender which he will be able to mesh in with our defense.

I understand that he hasn't played up to his full potential in Memphis due to what I just explained.

Mayo could be interesting, havent seen to much from him(other than the WCF). Riley wanted him in 2008

Ezio
11-27-2011, 01:31 PM
We'll find out on x-mas ;)

DLeeicious
11-27-2011, 01:32 PM

What hump exactly do the Bulls need to get over? Since we lost in the ECF we suddenly aren't over the hump? Does Miami need to get over the hump too since they lost? Is Dallas the only team that is over the hump at the moment?

The Bulls are contenders right now as currently assembled. They are fortunate that they still have plenty of means to get even better but they in no way need to get better to win it all.

As currently assembled, especially a year older with most likely less injuries, the Bulls will easily be back in the ECF contending for a title. They are over the hump.

MJ-BULLS
11-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Mayo could be interesting, havent seen to much from him(other than the WCF). Riley wanted him in 2008

Well, according to grizzlies fans, he really played well last year. the numbers don't really show the whole story to be exact. He got a few stingy spots in the playoffs and he really perform Great. Just that some Memphis head coach doesn't really seem to want to start him. and ya, I remember hearing some rumors about Pat Riley wanting him in 2008.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-27-2011, 01:40 PM
The lockout has been lifted for 1 day, and the *****/bait fest has already begun I see.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 01:41 PM
What hump exactly do the Bulls need to get over? Since we lost in the ECF we suddenly aren't over the hump? Does Miami need to get over the hump too since they lost? Is Dallas the only team that is over the hump at the moment?

The Bulls are contenders right now as currently assembled. They are fortunate that they still have plenty of means to get even better but they in no way need to get better to win it all.

As currently assembled, especially a year older with most likely less injuries, the Bulls will easily be back in the ECF contending for a title. They are over the hump.

They absolutely have to get better to win it all...if nothing changes, bulls might get swept next season in the ECF(if they get to the ECF). Yes they might be contenders, but if they meet the heat in the playoffs, heat would be heavily favored. The hump i am referring to is finishing games in the 4th qtr.

The heat have to get over the hump as well, but as of now. Bulls need to get better to have a chance to beat the heat. imo

Briggurlacher
11-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Great matchup, hard to say who would win.. A young, upcoming Bulls team against and experienced and championship-tested yet again Laker team.

Who knows?

ironkobe
11-27-2011, 02:00 PM
i got a lot of respect for the bulls but lets be real their no macth for the lakers

Pierzynski4Prez
11-27-2011, 02:05 PM
i got a lot of respect for the bulls but lets be real their no macth for the lakers

I bet you said the same exact thing prior to the 2nd round last year.

gotoHcarolina52
11-27-2011, 02:09 PM
The Bulls are a nice young team, but there are at least three teams in the Eastern Conference more likely to reach the NBA Finals than Chicago. Don't see it happening. And if by chance they do make it there against the Lakers, I'll take LA in 5 or 6.

MJ-BULLS
11-27-2011, 02:10 PM
The Bulls are a nice young team, but there are at least three teams in the Eastern Conference more likely to reach the NBA Finals than Chicago. Don't see it happening. And if by chance they do make it there against the Lakers, I'll take LA in 5 or 6.

who?...

ALDAVIS>NFL
11-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Bynum vs Noah
Gasol vs Boozer
Artest vs Deng
Kobe vs ?
Fisher vs Rose

That would be a pretty good series. Kobe and Rose were pretty even last year. I think Rose may start to separate himself from Bryant from here on out. The only matchup the Lakers really win hands down is Gasol vs Boozer. But that's only if he has his head on straight.

Bynum>>>Noah

Lake_Show2416
11-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I bet you said the same exact thing prior to the 2nd round last year.

do the Lakers need to win every year for u? lol

DLeeicious
11-27-2011, 02:27 PM
The Bulls are a nice young team, but there are at least three teams in the Eastern Conference more likely to reach the NBA Finals than Chicago. .

loool what?

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Bynum>>>Noah

Starting a team, yes, you choose Bynum first no doubt. But when you are looking for complementary players to give you some different intangibles, Noah is the guy I would go with. He's a better rebounder, defender, and does not want the ball. That is a must when you have a Kobe and Gasol on the team.

northsider
11-27-2011, 03:30 PM
They absolutely have to get better to win it all...if nothing changes, bulls might get swept next season in the ECF(if they get to the ECF). Yes they might be contenders, but if they meet the heat in the playoffs, heat would be heavily favored. The hump i am referring to is finishing games in the 4th qtr.

The heat have to get over the hump as well, but as of now. Bulls need to get better to have a chance to beat the heat. imo

You seriously are delusional if you honestly think we weren't a team that can finish based on one series. You guys need to stop acting like we were blown away in those playoffs. You would swear reading allot of posts that the Heat not only were the most amazing team but, they won the whole thing. I will still take the Bulls against the Heat even with the current team cause it isn't like I watched a series where we were completely over powered.

Avenged
11-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Hard to tell just yet..

I'd say Lakers in 6 or Bulls in 6 on any given day. I don't think either of these teams are clearly better than each other. I think it would come down to a bad game or HCA.

KnicksorBust
11-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Who's the Bulls SG?

x2. The elite teams like Bulls-Heat-Celtics-Lakers-Mavs-etc. are all relatively even in terms of talent level. I'm holding off on these types of predictions until we see how the shortened off-season goes. If the Bulls get McGrady and he's "back" like he claims, this is a totally different matchup. Based on current rosters I'll go Lakers but I'm not that confident.

Cool007
11-27-2011, 11:28 PM
1 thing people are totally overlooking here is that Phil Jackson is no longer the Lakers coach and with a new coach, who knows how it turns out.

Who knows what happens in the Finals. It can depend on the HCA or an injury to a player or two or even now coaching?

I as a Bulls fan, would be ecstatic if Bulls reached the finals. That would atleast be a great step forward even if Bulls don't win it all.

I will just leave it at that.

Rndy
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Problem with the NBA forum is half the people don't even understand what a team is. Lets see how Miami would have done in the season losing their number 2 and 3 players for 40-50 games each. The Bulls have the best front court depth in Basketball once again. Once again will probably be one of the top 3 rebounding teams.

Who knows what will happen but it amazes me how people talk about a team they know nothing about. Stick to your own team and don't tell me what I know about mine.

AI4MVP
11-27-2011, 11:46 PM
The Bulls would win that series. At this point in their respective careers, the Bulls have the better player.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 11:51 PM
The Bulls would win that series. At this point in their respective careers, the Bulls have the better player.

It;s a team game

AI4MVP
11-27-2011, 11:52 PM
It;s a team game

Their supporting casts are equal in my opinion.

heyman321
11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Lakers. The Heat showed that if you shut down Derrick Rose the rest of the team is pathetic at scoring.

ChiSoxJuan
11-28-2011, 12:00 AM
If the Bulls get a RELIABLE SG before this game, forget about it. The Lakers won't have a chance. By reliable I mean a decent defender, good shot, & ok dribbler. What I look most forward to is Rose giving up the ball to a SG on some plays & then rushing to the post to be on the receiving end. He's been practicing these plays a lot.

Wade>You
11-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Polls show:
33 Bulls fans
30 Laker fans and 5 Heat fans

ClippersE.G
11-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Just like in NBA2k, shut down Rose and the rest of the Bulls team is a joke. Especially Boozer.

northsider
11-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Yes cause it is just as simple as shutting down Rose. I mean how ****ing dumb that all those teams that lost to the Bulls never tried or thought to do that.

justinnum1
11-28-2011, 08:10 AM
If bulls get AA yea, if not then no.