PDA

View Full Version : Contracts?... Extra benefit of mid-level contracts in 2011-12?

beasted86
11-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Whether it's 66 games, 50 games, or whatever... wouldn't these guys still get 100% of the full mid-level... no prorated amount like preexisting contracts for games already missed?

Do you think this might play a factor in players taking less to join a contender?

Bramaca
11-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Whether it's 66 games, 50 games, or whatever... wouldn't these guys still get 100% of the full mid-level... no prorated amount like preexisting contracts for games already missed?

Do you think this might play a factor in players taking less to join a contender?

I think everyone's salary will be prorated including those who sign in free agency this year. Don't think it will have a huge change on who will sign with contenders though, whoever was planning on it probably still is and whoever wasn't and was looking for a longer term contract for more money likely still is.

beasted86
11-26-2011, 09:14 PM
I think everyone's salary will be prorated including those who sign in free agency this year. Don't think it will have a huge change on who will sign with contenders though, whoever was planning on it probably still is and whoever wasn't and was looking for a longer term contract for more money likely still is.

I wonder if anyone remembers what happened in '99?