PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 contenders with the shortened season?

Dolfan305
11-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Does it change at all? I say;
1-Heat
2-Thunder
3-Bulls
4-Mavs
5-Lakers/celtics

ManRam
11-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Heat are the favorites. Thunder, Bulls, Mavs, Lakers round out the top 5. Celtics and Spurs are past their prime. Knicks might make a surge depending on FA signings. It will continue to be Miami, Chicago, LA, NY etc. for the foreseeable future though...

Cal827
11-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Heat
Lakers
Bulls
Celtics
Thunder

Mavs out, since there's a chance that Chandler leaves in the short free agency period.

shep33
11-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Celtics went from the biggest team in the league, to almost the smallest. I just don't see it with them. They basically have JO and KG in the middle along with Troy Murphy. Isn't Baby a FA too?

Rndy
11-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Mavs
Bulls (if they get a good sg)
Heat
Thunder

Gagan136
11-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Heat
Bulls
OKC
NY
LA

NBA_Starter
11-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Heat
Thunder
Blazers
Mavs
Bulls

DR_1
1. Bulls
2. Mavs
3. Heat
4. Thunder
5. Lakers

Gators123
Heat
Thunder
Mavs
Lakers
Bulls

SteBO
Boston is out in my eyes, though I could end up being completely wrong.

The Lakers, for all the talk about Kobe aging, will still be there. Kobe said his knee feels the best it's been for a while, so that kinda spells doom for alot of the Western Conference. The Thunder will be there at the end as well along with Dallas, but I have to see what happens with Tyson.

Heat, Bulls, and Knicks are the obvious ones.....

heyman321
11-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Why on earth would the Mavs NOT be able to sign Chandler? Even with high taxes Mark Cuban is still filthy rich. He gives out million dollar deals on Shark Tank easily, no reason why he can't afford Chandler.

shep33
11-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Heat
Bulls
OKC
NY
LA

If that's in some kind of order I don't agree. I like the Knicks, they are on the rise, but I don't think they can compete with LA. I just don't think they have the size or the defense to limit them on the inside. To beat LA you need size, and if it's Amare vs. Bynum and Gasol down low, I just don't see it man. Haha also the Heat are pretty damn good, same with the Mavs.

SteBO
11-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Why on earth would the Mavs NOT be able to sign Chandler? Even with high taxes Mark Cuban is still filthy rich. He gives out million dollar deals on Shark Tank easily, no reason why he can't afford Chandler.
Not a matter of being able to afford him, it's more of what Tyson wants to with his career. He didn't seem really committed to Dallas up before the lockout came into full effect in early July and up to now, we still don't know. We'll have to wait and see.....

phlp_bj
11-26-2011, 03:49 PM
1. Heat
2. Lakers
3. Bulls
4. Thunder
5. Spurs

In no order. Left the Knicks out. With a shortened season, I think the Spurs will definitely be top contenders

Jint.
11-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Heat
Mavs
Lakers
Knicks
Bulls

shep33
11-26-2011, 03:51 PM

I've had this argument before, and I just don't know if Dallas should even re-sign Chandler long term. Not because he doesn't fit, he's the perfect fit, but Dallas' financials get screwed for the next few years big time, and they won't have any cash to pay big name free agents. It'd be awesome if they could get a 1-2 year deal, but I'm guessing he wants a long term contract, and we know Chandler is going to demand a lot of money. If they do that, they have to realize that Chandler is closing in on 30, and still has a history of injuries. If they have the Amnesty rule and get rid of Haywood, it helps. But, still, big name free agents are out of the question if they give Chandler a similar deal of 5-6 years

Hustlenomics
11-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Celtics went from the biggest team in the league, to almost the smallest. I just don't see it with them. They basically have JO and KG in the middle along with Troy Murphy. Isn't Baby a FA too?

^ Lakers front court is soft

PhillyFaninLA
11-26-2011, 03:55 PM
If the season was 1 game, 15, 66, 82, or 100 the list would be the same...but this can change quite a bit depending on trades and free agent moves, in order from most likely to least:

1. Mavericks - Philosophically I believe the champs are the champs until they mathematically cannot be
2. Heat - a full year playing together will mean real on court chemistry will start and their bench cannot be less then last year
3. Thunder - another of year of experience, they can only be better
4. Lakers - I think the world is worse for Kobe having been born, I think he should be castrated and rotting in jail but he is still Kobe Bryant the third or fourth best Laker of all time and you cannot count out a team with him as the main weapon
5. Celtic - If they can find a replacement for Perkins I swap them and the Lakers, this is strongly based on them being healthy and getting a solid year on old legs

Rndy
It's too early to tell right now but a team like the Heat are more built for playoffs then the season. They don't have the same front court depth that some other teams have. The Knicks well hard to take a team like that serious when they can't play defense. Bulls have one play maker and some injury prone players. It will be interesting to see what teams do.

KnicksorBust
Until we know how FA signings go it's premature making a list.

theheatles
11-26-2011, 03:56 PM
1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Lakers
4. Knicks
5. Mavs

BKLYNpigeon
11-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Heat and Mavs.

Lakers will start out slow, they have a new coach and probably new game plan.
then again Mike Brown only has one Offensive play when he was with the Cavs, it was called Lebron ISO. lol.

shep33
11-26-2011, 04:01 PM
^ Lakers front court is soft

Fine, but my point is the Celtics don't have a front court. They lost Kristic, Erden, Shaq... KG is as great as he is, he's getting up there in age and lets not forget JO is a shell of his former self. Is Baby a free agent?

KG, JO, and Troy Murphy vs. Bynum, Gasol, Odom... lets be honest, the Celts would make that trade in a under a second.

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 04:02 PM
heat, lakers, mavericks, spurs, knicks..

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Same teams the season is only 16 games short...

ClippersE.G
11-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Here we go with the Heat favorite talk just because they have a fake team.
:facepalm:

They are not the favorite. There is no favorite. If the Mavs sign all their FAs I say they are...

DamnGoat
11-26-2011, 04:08 PM
No idea why so many people are mentioning the Knicks in the same conversation as the Heat, Mavs, Lakers, Bulls or Thunder. That should be the top 5 and I'd still take a veteran Boston team over the Knicks.

Dade County
11-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Until we know how FA signings go it's premature making a list.

Agreed .....

On another Note:

HEAT get all the free agents.... Discounted :D

sep11ie
11-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Should we wait to see how the whole "off season" goes first?

shep33
11-26-2011, 04:13 PM
No idea why so many people are mentioning the Knicks in the same conversation as the Heat, Mavs, Lakers, Bulls or Thunder. That should be the top 5 and I'd still take a veteran Boston team over the Knicks.

Completely agree, and I only like two teams in the NBA, the Lakers which I have grown up watching and loving, and the Knicks being my 2nd favorite (still Lakers by a large margin though). That being said, I don't get why people are calling the knicks a top 5 team. Chauncey is getting old, and started to get injured for the first time in his career last season. They have no bigs and no bench, so I don't get what's going on here. They need a center very badly, I might even think they would overpay Tyson Chandler to fill that void, but they probably won't cause they want D12 or Cp3 to come in next year

sep11ie
11-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Agreed .....

On another Note:

HEAT get all the free agents.... Discounted :D

How many times are you gonna say that today?

On another note: Miami is the only sports town I know of that doesnt mind buying championships.

gotoHcarolina52
11-26-2011, 04:14 PM
(1) Mavs
(2) HEAT
(3) Lakers
(4) Thunder
(5) Knicks

ManRam
11-26-2011, 04:16 PM
FA this year isn't going to change the landscape 1/100th as much as it did last year...

A few teams will climb or fall a few spots, but I think the true contenders are pretty well established even before FA started.

Nene, Marc, West and Chandler really are the only game-changers here. Thad, Craw, J-Rich, Nick Swaggy P, Green, Afflalo etc. all could make minor impacts, but they aren't taking any team to the next level.

The Mavs will fall a bit if Chandler leaves (I don't think they can repeat without him) and whatever team gets Nene might climb a bit, but I think Marc stays, and I don't think West is a game-changer...so besides that, I think the contending teams as is will be the contending teams 4 weeks from now...

avrpatsfan
11-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Depends on who signs who. I think the Celtics have no chance unless they land a good center. With the current rosters, I'd go

1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Mavs
4. Thunder
5. Celtics/Knicks/Lakers

mdm692
11-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Even without cp3, nobody wants to see carmelo anthony and a healthy knick squad in the playoffs. I would not be surprised to see a knicks vs bulls ecf.

D Roses Bulls
11-26-2011, 04:37 PM
1.Mavs (gotta give the champs respect, this probably will change depending on who stay and goes.)
2.Bulls/Heat (Depending on who the Bulls sign and the Heat sign, If the Bulls sign a good SG and Heat dont sign anyone that will make a difference.)
3.Bulls/Heat (see explanation above)
4.Lakers (I think a little bit of a shorten season will help them and because of the wake up call last year in the playoffs.)
5.OKC (They should be getting better and they could easily be in the top 3 if they vastly improved over the summer)

Side note: Knicks are not a top 5 team. they would have to sign a lot of pretty decent players who will compliment amare and melo well which I don't see it happening this season since the Knicks want to be players next year in FA and I don't think a lot of those players will take one year deals. So stop dreaming and overrating this team AGAIN, the knicks are a middle of the pact team in the East, no better.

smith&wesson
11-26-2011, 04:38 PM
mavs
heat
lakers
bulls

GodsSon
11-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Should we wait to see how the whole "off season" goes first?

Using logic would be too great to ask from the NBA forum.

Da Knicks
11-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Lakers
Heat
mavs
Knicks
spurs

Rndy
11-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Well back to my respected forum I suppose. I see after the lockout intelligence hasn't gotten any better for the Knicks Homers. Your team can't defend, can't rebound, can't score with any efficiency yet you're rated better then the Bulls? lol

D Roses Bulls
11-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Well back to my respected forum I suppose. I see after the lockout intelligence hasn't gotten any better for the Knicks Homers. Your team can't defend, can't rebound, can't score with any efficiency yet you're rated better then the Bulls? lol

:clap:

sep11ie
11-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Using logic would be too great to ask from the NBA forum.

I don't know what I was thinking.

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:02 PM

Too bad your team lost to the Knicks twice.........:facepalm: and it was without Melo..

bears88
11-26-2011, 05:05 PM
ahh the good ol NBA forum its back to were it was before the lock out how entertaining !!!

D Roses Bulls
11-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Too bad your team lost to the Knicks twice.........:facepalm: and it was without Melo..

during the regular season without noah or boozer and I believe boozer the second time. We just came off the eastern conference finals, but ummmm okay, I guess regular season means that much. And the Bulls beat you at full strength even when you guys had Melo. Again, its the regular season. thats like us saying were eastern conference champs cause we swept Miami in the regular season even though we lost to them in the playoffs.

Rndy
11-26-2011, 05:08 PM

And they shot 60+ from the 3 point line and the Bulls crushed them with Melo you know the team they have now? But hey maybe everyone on your team learned how to play defense and got taller.

Continue to hype up your team it will only be more hilarious when people are calling for Mike D's head.

ichitownclowni
11-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Bulls
Thunder
Lakers
Knicks

In no order

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:10 PM
during the regular season without noah or boozer and I believe boozer the second time. We just came off the eastern conference finals, but ummmm okay, I guess regular season means that much. And the Bulls beat you at full strength even when you guys had Melo. Again, its the regular season. thats like us saying were eastern conference champs cause we swept Miami in the regular season even though we lost to them in the playoffs.

You had an EASY road to the ECF Indiana and the Hawks.. Come on please.............................

Slimsim
11-26-2011, 05:10 PM

chill brother we still have work to do to become contenders

Rndy
11-26-2011, 05:11 PM
You had an EASY road to the ECF Indiana and the Hawks.. Come on please.............................

Because they earned that in the regular season lol! Maybe you should stay in your own forum so you don't make Knicks fans look even worse then they already do.

Knicks fans shouldn't be so arrogant I don't understand it at all. I'd be upset if I was a knicks fan with how little defense is important to that coaching staff. You will not win **** with no defense and rebounding. How did the Mavs do before they started to focus on defense?

You Have Heat, Bulls, Orlando, Celtics all superior to the Knicks and espn hyped players aren't going to change that.

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:11 PM
And they shot 60+ from the 3 point line and the Bulls crushed them with Melo you know the team they have now? But hey maybe everyone on your team learned how to play defense and got taller.

Continue to hype up your team it will only be more hilarious when people are calling for Mike D's head.

The only hilarious thing is how can a player learn to "got taller"

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:12 PM
chill brother we still have work to do to become contenders

Yeah, Knicks need to get some bargains in the FA.

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Because they earned that in the regular season lol! Maybe you should stay in your own forum so you don't make Knicks fans look even worse then they already do.

Knicks fans shouldn't be so arrogant I don't understand it at all. I'd be upset if I was a knicks fan with how little defense is important to that coaching staff. You will not win **** with no defense and rebounding.

Your Bulls friendd said that the regular season doesn't count..

No point talking to Bulls fans..

dnewguy
11-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Heat, Bull, Mavs and Thunder all reached the conference finals which makes them automatic contenders. Everyone else depends on free agency moves.

D Roses Bulls
11-26-2011, 05:14 PM

Excuses excuses, the Knicks couldn't even beat a worn down, old celtics team in the first round.

Rndy
11-26-2011, 05:15 PM
The only hilarious thing is how can a player learn to "got taller"

My point exactly lol It's crazy how little you understand the NBA you see two big names and you think you're close to Miami or Chicago. Miami big two can actually play two way ball your players can't.

Rocco Gandolfo
11-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Heat, Mavs, Lakers, Thunder, Knicks

Celtics will show their age
Bulls will show last year was a fluke
Orlando will deal with Howard mess
Spurs just miss out

D Roses Bulls
Your Bulls friendd said that the regular season doesn't count..

No point talking to Bulls fans..

the regular season doesn't count. the playoffs are what really matters. if thats the case then bulls are the real champs because they had the best record in the league in the regular season. come on now.

nyKnicks126
Excuses excuses, the Knicks couldn't even beat a worn down, old celtics team in the first round.

They have a good team.. You are the one making excuses, grow up..

Knicks have Mike Woodson now on the coaching staff. He might help.. I will talk more when the Knicks sign the right players.

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:18 PM
My point exactly lol It's crazy how little you understand the NBA you see two big names and you think you're close to Miami or Chicago. Miami big two can actually play two way ball your players can't.

I didn't say the Knicks are close to them..

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Dumb bull ***** fans. Enough wasting time talking to idiots

D Roses Bulls
11-26-2011, 05:19 PM
They have a good team.. You are the one making excuses, grow up..

Knicks have Mike Woodson now on the coaching staff. He might help.. I will talk more when the Knicks sign the right players.

I am acting grown up. your only excuse is the regular season which it didn't make much sense since we beat you with melo and at full strength. you are not understanding that the regular season doesn't mean **** in the long run. the only thing that matters is what a team does in the playoffs. come on man, use logic.

Rndy
11-26-2011, 05:21 PM
heat, lakers, mavericks, spurs, knicks..

Yeah you lose again big surprise.

Dumb bull ***** fans. Enough wasting time talking to idiots

Hopefully next time we talk we can actually have a conversation and not your homer opinions that lacks reseach.

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:23 PM
I am acting grown up. your only excuse is the regular season which it didn't make much sense since we beat you with melo and at full strength. you are not understanding that the regular season doesn't mean **** in the long run. the only thing that matters is what a team does in the playoffs. come on man, use logic.

Yeah logic is you lost to the heat that lost to the mavericks and your ****in point *******?

still1ballin
11-26-2011, 05:23 PM
This lockout has definitely helped the much older teams like the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs and Mavericks so they all have a great shot at it along with the Bulls and Heat of course.

Rndy
11-26-2011, 05:24 PM
This lockout has definitely helped the much older teams like the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs and Mavericks so they all have a great shot at it along with the Bulls and Heat of course.

I think it's helped everyone The Bulls and Heat helped them a lot in my opinion. Look at how many minutes LBJ, Wade, Bosh played for Miami. Same for Deng and Rose also giving Boozer a much much much needed rest.

DoMeFavors
11-26-2011, 05:25 PM
already fights, guess we can finally say NBA is back

D Roses Bulls
11-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah logic is you lost to the heat that lost to the mavericks and your ****in point *******?

I never said we were better then the heat, my only point is if you think at this point the knicks are a top 5 team and are better then the bulls at this point means you are either a really big homer, or just delusional.

D Roses Bulls
11-26-2011, 05:26 PM
already fights, guess we can finally say NBA is back

I was just trying to correct him and he started fighting with me and rndy and callin us names, but I guess you can say the NBA is back, and IT'S SERIOUS!!!

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:26 PM
I never said we were better then the heat, my only point is if you think at this point the knicks are a top 5 team and are better then the bulls at this point means you are either a really big homer, or just delusional.

I have faith in my team.. Is that wrong?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
11-26-2011, 05:27 PM
I think anything can happen with short season. Then if a team gets a nice trade that can put them over the top in a hurry!

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:27 PM
I apologize for the name calling, it was uncalled for from my part.

D Roses Bulls
11-26-2011, 05:28 PM

no, it's not and I have faith in my team, but I'm not saying at this point that the bulls are better then the Heat, or Mavs. that would just be crazy.

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:29 PM
no, it's not and I have faith in my team, but I'm not saying at this point that the bulls are better then the Heat, or Mavs. that would just be crazy.

Fair enough :cheers:

Rndy
11-26-2011, 05:30 PM

Nope not at all the thing is all crazy talk from the Knicks comes from nothing. They really haven't shown they can play together yet. The Knicks need to improve their defense and if they don't acquire a center, a pg, a guard for defense I don't see them doing much at all. You can't win without defense ask the Suns and Mavs.

Every team needs to do stuff if the Bulls don't get a sg who can spread the offense for Rose they're ****ed as well. Bulls need a guy like Richardson, Affalo, Smith, Lee, type of player and resign Kurt Thomas and I'm ready to ****ing watch basketball.

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Nope not at all the thing is all crazy talk from the Knicks comes from nothing. They really haven't shown they can play together yet. The Knicks need to improve their defense and if they don't acquire a center, a pg, a guard for defense I don't see them doing much at all. You can't win without defense ask the Suns and Mavs.

Every team needs to do stuff if the Bulls don't get a sg who can spread the offense for Rose they're ****ed as well. Bulls need a guy like Richardson, Affalo, Smith, Lee, type of player and resign Kurt Thomas and I'm ready to ****ing watch basketball.

Well they acquired the center they needed and they proved to WIN. They played good enough defense and they did well.

HeaTxRipZz
11-26-2011, 05:36 PM

Well to be fair I seen you use the excuse that Boozer and Noah were out when Knicks beat you guys. But then you talk about the Knicks playoffs stint where Amare, Billups and Melo(At the end of series) were injured.

Personally I think the knicks have a ways to go in getting the right pieces to fit around Melo and Amare but there's no doubt that's 2 guys to build around. The Bulls need some improvements as well in some areas, they will both be top teams in the east

Dade County
11-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Top 5

HEAT, Mavs
Okc
L.A
bulls

YungDaSensai
11-26-2011, 05:45 PM
A shortened season IMO will benefit the older teams. So my Top in no particular order is:

Heat
Celtics
Lakers
Mavs
Bulls

Spurs will benefit too, also I like the Griz up there but i don't know what there offseason situation is looking like.

justinnum1
11-26-2011, 05:46 PM

More games in a shorter period means more injuries right? Also, not having a full training camp, some guys are not in shape to start the season and will be injured as well.

jim51990
11-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Honest not saying this to bait you bulls fans but i really dont see then as legitamate title contenders i think they will have a good record but i just dont think they are good enough to win a title or even a confrence championship

justinnum1
11-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Honest not saying this to bait you bulls fans but i really dont see then as legitamate title contenders i think they will have a good record but i just dont think they are good enough to win a title or even a confrence championship

Sounds reasonable. They overachieved last season, every team will focus on rose in the 4th quater and force someone else to beat them. Boozer is the 2nd best option but his defense is so bad, gibson plays. But if they get a good SG, they will be fine.

ManRam
11-26-2011, 05:56 PM
The Bulls need an addition to be a Finals contender. They'll be one of the 3 best teams in the East, for sure, but to get over the next hump they need one more scorer...

29$JerZ
11-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Bulls would be a title team if Rose could add a consistent 3pt shot to his game.
He's going to have to do that as well since now every team knows if you take him out or just close the lane for him every game now the Bulls really can't score at all outside Deng.

Adding a SG would help a ton too but they are capable of going to the finals with their current team if Rose adds that outside shot and Boozer isn't useless.

Rocco Gandolfo
11-26-2011, 06:02 PM

I agree with you here. But the Bulls had a cakewalk in the playoffs until they met the Heat. If the Bulls played a tougher bracket they would not have been in the conference finals.
Do you believe the St Louis Cardinals are the best team in baseball? No, but they got hot at the right time and way over achieved in the playoffs.
As a Knicks fan, I can say I am afraid of the Heat. I am still wary of the Celtics. But If I had my druthers in a conference championship I would rather play the Bulls. I think that last season's record was a fluke. Let them prove me wrong, but I would bet big dollars on the field that the Chicago Bulls are not the number one seed this spring.
If The Knicks had played the Hawks and Magic last spring maybe they would have played the Heat in the ECF.
You had very little challenge. Just prove it this year and the naysayers will agree with you.
Softest #1 seed I can ever remember in the NBA.

marj987
11-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Lol at knicks and bulls fans.

Cubby
11-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Bulls would be a title team if Rose could add a consistent 3pt shot to his game.
He's going to have to do that as well since now every team knows if you take him out or just close the lane for him every game now the Bulls really can't score at all outside Deng.

Adding a SG would help a ton too but they are capable of going to the finals with their current team if Rose adds that outside shot and Boozer isn't useless.

Agreed. If we add someone like Afflalo, we'd be a damn good team. My list goes a little like this.

Mavs (Champs are always favorites.)
Bulls/Heat
Heat/Bulls (2 and 3 can go either way depending on moves made. If the Bulls get AA, I think they take the 2 spot.)
Lakers
Celtics (I think a shortened season helps out older teams.)

Eagles4Lyfe
11-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Raptors are competiting

Cubby
11-26-2011, 06:10 PM
I agree with you here. But the Bulls had a cakewalk in the playoffs until they met the Heat. If the Bulls played a tougher bracket they would not have been in the conference finals.
Do you believe the St Louis Cardinals are the best team in baseball? No, but they got hot at the right time and way over achieved in the playoffs.
As a Knicks fan, I can say I am afraid of the Heat. I am still wary of the Celtics. But If I had my druthers in a conference championship I would rather play the Bulls. I think that last season's record was a fluke. Let them prove me wrong, but I would bet big dollars on the field that the Chicago Bulls are not the number one seed this spring.
If The Knicks had played the Hawks and Magic last spring maybe they would have played the Heat in the ECF.
You had very little challenge. Just prove it this year and the naysayers will agree with you.
Softest #1 seed I can ever remember in the NBA.

We had a cakewalk because we earned the number one seed. If Rose had a scorer or a consistent 3 point shooter at SG we'd be a lot better off (not saying it's a guarantee we would beat MIA, but we'd have a better chance. Both of us are damn good teams.). Like I said in my last post, if we land Afflalo we will be a well rounded team top to bottom. Oh well. I guess we will have to wait and see. Good luck next year.

Nyc4You
11-26-2011, 06:12 PM

You do realize that was towards the end of the season right? Wtf are you talking about man, melo and amare and billups were on the bench for 3 quarters. Yeah Good Job i :clap: your bulls for beating our bench.:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
11-26-2011, 06:15 PM
God I am mad 13 days untill free agency this is going to go really slow....

Cubby
11-26-2011, 06:16 PM
You do realize that was towards the end of the season right? Wtf are you talking about man, melo and amare and billups were on the bench for 3 quarters. Yeah Good Job i :clap: your bulls for beating our bench.:facepalm:

Until you guys can learn to play defense, the Knicks are in the 6-10 range. At this moment NYK is simply a good offensive team, but if that changes, then you guys will be good. This is also pending trades or signings, so good luck.

Geargo Wallace
11-26-2011, 06:18 PM
wow, no love for Toronto?

Cubby
11-26-2011, 06:20 PM
wow, no love for Toronto?

They have young promise, but aren't quite there yet in my opinion. They need some star level players/playmakers. In the end, all of these are just predictions. I don't think anyone had the Mavs winning last year other than some of their fans.

Nyc4You
11-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Until you guys can learn to play defense, the Knicks are in the 6-10 range. At this moment NYK is simply a good offensive team, but if that changes, then you guys will be good. This is also pending trades or signings, so good luck.

Okay, Your post was on par till u said our range... the only teams that might be better than us are the bulls and heat. i dont know about the celtics but still 6-10? thats ridiculous. Hopefully mike woodson works some magic with our Defense . If he can make us close to the piston's defense in 04 then teams better watch out.

Ladies Man
11-26-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm a homer but Bulls aren't getting respect. They only need a SG and they will be already better than last years team. If they stay healthy, they are better than the Thunder

Cutler FTW!
11-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Everyone call me a homer cause I really don't care. But I honestly think the bulls will be the best team and take back what Jordan took six times.

Hear me out for a second Rose played way to much games last season and by the end of the season he was tired. His 3 point percentage dropped tremendously and his 4th quarter shooting also dropped tremendously. And he plays close to what at least 100 games of doing everything by himself and himself only.

Now from what I'm hearing they will be playing 66 games. Rose through 66 games is nothing he can do that, he is that good. And let's say the bulls do go to a championship that's close to 90 games they will play. That's nothing for the reigning MVP.

5. Spurs
4. Lakers
3. Mags
2. Heat
1. Bulls

The Flash
11-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Everyone call me a homer cause I really don't care. But I honestly think the bulls will be the best team and take back what Jordan took six times.

Hear me out for a second Rose played way to much games last season and by the end of the season he was tired. His 3 point percentage dropped tremendously and his 4th quarter shooting also dropped tremendously. And he plays close to what at least 100 games of doing everything by himself and himself only.

Now from what I'm hearing they will be playing 66 games. Rose through 66 games is nothing he can do that, he is that good. And let's say the bulls do go to a championship that's close to 90 games they will play. That's nothing for the reigning MVP.

5. Spurs
4. Lakers
3. Mags
2. Heat
1. Bulls

I like your confidence

giants73756
11-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm glad it was a shortened year. Gives the Bulls a better chance to steal the 1 seed from the Heat. It's easier for worse teams to have a better record in less games.

justinnum1
11-26-2011, 06:53 PM

5. Spurs
4. Lakers
3. Mags
2. Heat
1. Bulls

So they werent the best team last year, they have done nothing to improve, but they are the best team this year:confused::eyebrow:

justinnum1
11-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm glad it was a shortened year. Gives the Bulls a better chance to steal the 1 seed from the Heat. It's easier for worse teams to have a better record in less games.

Heat have shown they dont need the 1 seed.:cool:

strahan92osi72
11-26-2011, 07:13 PM

They showed a lot, they showed how to get beaten down from the Mavs and how just because LeBrick goes to a different team doesn't change what a choker he is.

Cubby
11-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Okay, Your post was on par till u said our range... the only teams that might be better than us are the bulls and heat. i dont know about the celtics but still 6-10? thats ridiculous. Hopefully mike woodson works some magic with our Defense . If he can make us close to the piston's defense in 04 then teams better watch out.

I think your defense will improve and you have enough cap space to add players, but until then, that's where I think you are. You have the offense to win, so when you do the things stated above, you will be in there. No worries.

Cubby
11-26-2011, 07:27 PM

They should be better this year.

Cubby
11-26-2011, 07:28 PM
So they werent the best team last year, they have done nothing to improve, but they are the best team this year:confused::eyebrow:

He explains his reasons. You also have to account for moves they may/may not have made. I'm sure he assumes we made some good moves to get to that point, but didn't list them. If not, then I agree with you. Wed be about tied at number 2 with MIA in my opinion.

lakerboy
11-26-2011, 07:30 PM
I really don't understand why people give the Thunder so much props. They have already peaked. KD and Westbrook can't play together. The Kendrick Perkins addition was overrated, and they no longer have any cap flexibility.

bovice163
11-26-2011, 07:38 PM
I really don't understand why people give the Thunder so much props. They have already peaked. KD and Westbrook can't play together. The Kendrick Perkins addition was overrated, and they no longer have any cap flexibility.

No they haven't. It's just like the Bulls' situation, a fairly young team (very young) in OKC's case, growing one year older + deep playoff experience. Westy and KD CAN play together, Westy just has to understand his role, and Durant has to be a more willing passer. And the Perkins trade wasn't overrated. I fully believe OKC was expecting to have a rematch with LA in the WCF, and they just wanted an equalizer to combat all of that size. But they got the short end of the stick with a gelling Mavs team, and were utterly outplayed.

1. Heat
2. Mavs
3. Bulls
4. Thunder
5. LA

Rocco Gandolfo
11-26-2011, 08:01 PM
We had a cakewalk because we earned the number one seed. If Rose had a scorer or a consistent 3 point shooter at SG we'd be a lot better off (not saying it's a guarantee we would beat MIA, but we'd have a better chance. Both of us are damn good teams.). Like I said in my last post, if we land Afflalo we will be a well rounded team top to bottom. Oh well. I guess we will have to wait and see. Good luck next year.

I know that is why you had a cakewalk, that was my point. The Heat started out so slowly, The Celtics were banged up all year, the Knicks went through a complete makeover. All of that could change this year. If the Knicks sign a guy like Dalembert and a veteran backup PG, they could easily finish ahead of the Bulls, If the heat play like they did the second half last year, they are the number one seed hands down. If the Celtics stay healthy, they could be #2. I just feel, like so many others that the Chicago Bulls earned the number one seed but simply were not even close to the best team in the east last year. They will have to prove it.

Rocco Gandolfo
11-26-2011, 08:05 PM

Knicks do have some work to do on the defensive side no doubt. They hired a defensive coach/coordinator for the first time under Dantoni. They also have a a nucleus that will not be torn apart mid season for the first time since Dantoni got here. Young guns like Fields, Douglas, Shumpert, Harrelson are all defensive minded. And one last thing, we are not "A" good offensive team, we are the number one offensive force in the NBA. Even the defensive Bulls could not stop our offense.

Cubby
11-26-2011, 08:09 PM
I know that is why you had a cakewalk, that was my point. The Heat started out so slowly, The Celtics were banged up all year, the Knicks went through a complete makeover. All of that could change this year. If the Knicks sign a guy like Dalembert and a veteran backup PG, they could easily finish ahead of the Bulls, If the heat play like they did the second half last year, they are the number one seed hands down. If the Celtics stay healthy, they could be #2. I just feel, like so many others that the Chicago Bulls earned the number one seed but simply were not even close to the best team in the east last year. They will have to prove it.

Just like how the Knicks will. They more than the Bulls have yet to prove they are an elite team.

Cubby
11-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Knicks do have some work to do on the defensive side no doubt. They hired a defensive coach/coordinator for the first time under Dantoni. They also have a a nucleus that will not be torn apart mid season for the first time since Dantoni got here. Young guns like Fields, Douglas, Shumpert, Harrelson are all defensive minded. And one last thing, we are not "A" good offensive team, we are the number one offensive force in the NBA. Even the defensive Bulls could not stop our offense.

From what I remember, you guys beat us when you shot threes consistently. Your downfall was when you tried to push it into the paint IIRC. I could be wrong, but you guys beat us when you had players like Galinari and Chandler who shot the three ball well. Well, those guys are gone. It remains to be seen what the Knicks are fully capable of, so it's cool that you have confidence in your team like I do mine.

justinnum1
11-26-2011, 08:50 PM
They showed a lot, they showed how to get beaten down from the Mavs and how just because LeBrick goes to a different team doesn't change what a choker he is.

:yawn: heard it before bro...come up with a better line.

Knicks pick up 2 top 30 players and now there fan base is talking a lot of ****:confused:

strahan92osi72
11-26-2011, 09:02 PM
:yawn: heard it before bro...come up with a better line.

Knicks pick up 2 top 30 players and now there fan base is talking a lot of ****:confused:

Yeah sure, top 30. Try top 12, and one of them is a sure fire top 7, not to mention top 3 as far as clutch. I don't care that Lebron is a top 3 player, when it comes to clutch and winning situations, there may be 20 NBA players I want to take the shot over him, possibly more.

Baller1
11-26-2011, 09:03 PM
1. Miami
2. OKC
3. LAL
4. Chicago
5. Boston
6. Dallas
7. SA

I don't see any other team having much of a chance at winning it this year (I'll say there's a 99% chance one of those 7 teams wins it).

justinnum1
11-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah sure, top 30. Try top 12, and one of them is a sure fire top 7, not to mention top 3 as far as clutch. I don't care that Lebron is a top 3 player, when it comes to clutch and winning situations, there may be 20 NBA players I want to take the shot over him, possibly more.

Cool story bro... We can talk about it in a few years when the knicks are contenders.

strahan92osi72
11-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Cool story bro... We can talk about it in a few years when the knicks are contenders.

Yea so we can start talkin now because they are contenders, maybe we'll still talk in a few years when the Heat still have no Championships and LeBrick fails 3 more times. Because no team LeBrick ever goes to is gonna win anything. It's a simple equation that you delusional Heat fans still haven't figured out. Lebron and Championship=oxymoron.

Slug3
11-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Yea so we can start talkin now because they are contenders, maybe we'll still talk in a few years when the Heat still have no Championships and LeBrick fails 3 more times. Because no team LeBrick ever goes to is gonna win anything. It's a simple equation that you delusional Heat fans still haven't figured out. Lebron and Championship=oxymoron.

Heat already have one championship.

justinnum1
11-26-2011, 09:14 PM

lmfao...I thought bulls fans were bad, you knicks fans take the cake if you really think y'all are contenders. I mean, you guys will probably make the playoffs, but i cant see the knicks beating atl, mia, chi, or bos, not even sure they would beat phi or ind. Knicks are going to need CP3 or dwight to be considered contenders. I think a good goal for the knicks would be getting out of the first round.

ManRam
11-26-2011, 09:15 PM

One bad playoff series or two isn't gonna convince me that's right.

Perk didn't suddenly become a worthless player either...

HouRealCoach
11-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Memphis anyone? If they can resign Marc Gasol then they should be up there

Portland had a little extra more time to rest so they should b mentioned also

OKC will NOT become a contender unless they get their hands on a big that can draw double teams (Al Jefferson?)

They played horrendous with Westbrook as the only playmaker in some 4th quarters

Also, the Suns need to trade Nash to a contender (Magic?)

Knicks21
11-26-2011, 09:30 PM
lmfao...I thought bulls fans were bad, you knicks fans take the cake if you really think y'all are contenders. I mean, you guys will probably make the playoffs, but i cant see the knicks beating atl, mia, chi, or bos, not even sure they would beat phi or ind. Knicks are going to need CP3 or dwight to be considered contenders. I think a good goal for the knicks would be getting out of the first round.

lol atlanta, that is a tad excessive.

truther
11-26-2011, 09:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDjYYO-rAw

please name 20 nba players that can do that in the playoffs

HouRealCoach
11-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Im a knix fan..

Why do people say LeBron isn't clutch? I have seen this guy do some unreal things in the playoffs thru out his career. Mavs were a COMPLETE team and Wade had his handful of faults also but no one notices it smh.. Lebron WILL get a title and when he does I cany wait to see your excuses

Knicks21
11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Im a knix fan..

Why do people say LeBron isn't clutch? I have seen this guy do some unreal things in the playoffs thru out his career. Mavs were a COMPLETE team and Wade had his handful of faults also but no one notices it smh.. Lebron WILL get a title and when he does I cany wait to see your excuses

People just tend to try and find faults within a mans game which is so perfect. Only thing he could really improve on is post offence, but even that he is still pretty good at it.

Bruno
11-26-2011, 09:40 PM
My question is how many games per week? How many back to back or back to back to backs? In '99 older teams like the Pacers and Jazz ended up falling out because more games per week caught up their their older legs, despite 32 less games. Thats why you saw an 8th placed Knicks make the NBA finals along with a team lead by a young Tim Duncan, no coincidence there IMO. Although the rest of the big minute getters were older for the spurs. If the average is closer to normal than the '99 rate I think the older guns like Dallas and LA have a great shot. If were looking at a lot of games per week, closer to the '99 average I expect a Heat/Thunder finals.

Anyone know the math on that yet?

GMENMVP
11-26-2011, 09:43 PM
I know they got swept by Boston, but they put up strong fights in games 1,2, and 3. Billups and Stoudemire missed major chunks of that series and they still were competitive. That being said I'm not going to appoint them a top 5 team, but I'd say they are definitely better than a middling team in the East...Drafting Shumpert and adding Woodson as a coach were really underrated moves imo :O

theheatles
11-26-2011, 09:45 PM
LeBron James
Dwyane Wade
Chris Bosh
Erik Spoelstra
Pat Riley

Bruno
11-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Dallas
Miami
Thunder
Bulls
Lakers

on the fence: Celtics, Grizzlies, Spurs, Knicks, Orlando.

justinnum1
11-26-2011, 09:53 PM
lol atlanta, that is a tad excessive.

Your right:p you guys are better than atl. But they need to start playing D.

The Flash
11-26-2011, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDjYYO-rAw

please name 20 nba players that can do that in the playoffs

how exciting the HEAT was last year... Can't wait for that ride again

lavilevi23
11-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Heat
Mavs
Lakers
Thunder
Bulls

Rocco Gandolfo
11-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Just like how the Knicks will. They more than the Bulls have yet to prove they are an elite team.

agreed. But even with the bedlam we played the bulls very well last year,

quade36
11-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Can fans grow up and stop complaining? I've heard this since the Eddy Curry trade. Please. Just stop....

LakersMaster24
11-27-2011, 12:13 AM
If the season was 1 game, 15, 66, 82, or 100 the list would be the same...but this can change quite a bit depending on trades and free agent moves, in order from most likely to least:

1. Mavericks - Philosophically I believe the champs are the champs until they mathematically cannot be
2. Heat - a full year playing together will mean real on court chemistry will start and their bench cannot be less then last year
3. Thunder - another of year of experience, they can only be better
4. Lakers - I think the world is worse for Kobe having been born, I think he should be castrated and rotting in jail but he is still Kobe Bryant the third or fourth best Laker of all time and you cannot count out a team with him as the main weapon
5. Celtic - If they can find a replacement for Perkins I swap them and the Lakers, this is strongly based on them being healthy and getting a solid year on old legs

Someones mad....

Rndy
11-27-2011, 02:35 AM
agreed. But even with the bedlam we played the bulls very well last year,

I Agree but that Knicks teams was very streaky with the 3 pointer and the Bulls caught them at the wrong time. Plus one game each of either no Noah or no Boozer. But until I see the Knicks win with no rebounding or defense I'm not buying the hype. They need to add some size to that team. Amare needs to step it up in his second year another year of 12 trb% would be embarrassing.

Raph12
11-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Mavs will drop off significantly without Butler and Chandler

Rndy
11-27-2011, 02:52 AM
I see no chance in hell Chandler leaves Dallas.

LA_Raiders
11-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Lakers
Bulls
Knicks
Heat
Thunder

5ass
11-27-2011, 02:58 AM
will greatly depend on what happens in free agency

abe_froman
11-27-2011, 03:11 AM
bulls,heat,thunder,mavs,lakers- the usual suspects

Beltrans Mole
11-27-2011, 03:16 AM
Really interested to see how the Knicks do with another year of Melo and Stat plus some potential big offseason moves. They aren't a top five team right now, but they could be very soon if things fall the right way.

Rosh
11-27-2011, 03:17 AM
The unfounded arrogance from some fans coupled with the apparent lack to detect sarcasm is just about the funniest thing in this thread.

Anywho, I think it's been pretty well-covered who (at this point) should be considered in the Top 5. But it really is moot until we see how the offseason shakes out and how new acquisitions acclimate to their times. It'd be like asking who's going to make the playoffs right now. Some teams don't even have a full rotation yet. The antsyness is to be expected after a 149 day lockout, but come on, guys. Or shall we start putting money down on who will win the 2014 title?

Raph12
11-27-2011, 03:18 AM
I see no chance in hell Chandler leaves Dallas.

Depends how much Dallas is willing to spend to keep him... Keep in mind that Chandler only shows up during contract years, the rest of the time he's just there.

I think he's looking to get paid and if team x pays more than the Mavs, boom goes the dynamite.

ClippersE.G
11-27-2011, 04:04 AM
Haha its this Heat hype all over again.

gotoHcarolina52
11-27-2011, 04:29 AM

lol. They were most definitely overhyped at the beginning of last season but, in fairness, they got it together during the playoffs, taking care of Philly 4-1, Boston 4-1, Chicago 4-1, before blowing a Finals they could have lead 3-0. Too bad the wheels came off at the end.

I hope they get it together this season and steamroll through the rest of the league as they're capable of doing.

RevisIsland
11-27-2011, 04:40 AM
I really think the shortened season helps the Lakers.

blahblahyoutoo
11-27-2011, 10:26 AM

name them. all 20.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 10:38 AM
lol. They were most definitely overhyped at the beginning of last season but, in fairness, they got it together during the playoffs, taking care of philly 4-1, boston 4-1, chicago 4-1, before blowing a finals they could have lead 3-0. Too bad the wheels came off at the end.

I hope they get it together this season and steamroll through the rest of the league as they're capable of doing.

+1

GIANTKNICK
11-27-2011, 11:10 AM

I thought the Knicks beat the Bulls 3-1 last season.

Law25
11-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers
Lakers

07/08 Lose in the finals 3 1/2 month rest except for Kobe and Pau becuase of olympics

08/09 Win championship just 3 1/2 rest

09/10 Back to Back championships just 3 1/2 rest

10/11 Get spanked by Mavs 2nd round then the lockout 7 month rest. Kobe gets knee surgery and heals. Pau finds his balls and wins gold for Spain. Bynum has plenty of time to advance his game. Im just saying Mike Brown needs to be beatin if he cant get a ring out of this team.

but to be in good sport

Mavs - becuase they are the champs
Heat - becuase they are East champs
Lakers - becuase the are the previous champs and now well rested and seekin revenge
Bulls - becuase of Rose and Thibbs
Thunder - becuase they are loaded

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 12:04 PM
I thought the Knicks beat the Bulls 3-1 last season.

And the bulls beat the heat 3-0 last reg season....

heat
mavs
bulls
mem
la

Pierzynski4Prez
11-27-2011, 12:11 PM
In a shortened season, I refuse to still discount Boston or SA

KnicksR4Real
11-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Knicks can be put in that list

justinnum1
In a shortened season, I refuse to still discount Boston or SA

Boston could make some noise if everyone is 100% healthy. SA is done, they have 0 interior pressense or depth

KnicksR4Real
And the bulls beat the heat 3-0 last reg season....

heat
mavs
bulls
mem
la

and the knicks beat the heat 2-1 leas season

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 12:31 PM

Which means nothing. KNicks couldnt win a game in the playoffs...they must be the worst of the playoff teams;)

And actually it was 2-2 lmfao

effen5
11-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Boston could make some noise if everyone is 100% healthy. SA is done, they have 0 interior pressense or depth

What the hell is going on, did hell just freeze over?

Instead of having one word posts, Justin is actually putting in some thought into his posts....

You must be excited to have the season back lol.

StriveGreatness
11-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Heat
Thunder
Mavericks
Lakers
Celtics

effen5
11-27-2011, 12:34 PM

Wrong, last year was the Heat hype....this year its apparently the Knicks who only the Knicks fans think they will be contenders.

effen5
11-27-2011, 12:36 PM

and the Knicks got swept in the first round while the Bulls and Heat played in the ECF.

Cutler FTW!
11-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Cant wait for another fun filled season.

-Heat fans thinking theyre the best with their big 2!
-Seeing the Avatar ball his eyes out, after he gets whoped by the Mavs.
-Hearing LBJ pull the "Hes rich, and has no problems card."

Face it Heat fans, be a damn realist. The Mavs smacked yous last year. Get some God Damn chemistry, play like a team, and stop playing selfish.

Out of the 4 major sports. Basketball is the most "team" sport. Ya any team in the NBA can put LBJ, Wade and Bosh on a team, but will they get along and play together? NO!

Be a fukcing realist and stop b1tching.

Go Bulls!

Iron24th
11-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Heat
Lakers
Bulls
Thunder
Mavs

effen5
11-27-2011, 12:49 PM

Face it Heat fans, be a damn realist. The Mavs smacked yous last year. Get some God Damn chemistry, play like a team, and stop playing selfish.

Out of the 4 major sports. Basketball is the most "team" sport. Ya any team in the NBA can put LBJ, Wade and Bosh on a team, but will they get along and play together? NO!

Go Bulls!

Even as a Bulls fan, we have to admit...the Heat might not be the best but with the big 2 they are damn good and not to mention they have the possibility of being the best.

We're lucky though, our chemistry was incredible, hopefully we can just pick up that 2 guard.

roshan3ai
11-27-2011, 12:55 PM

:laugh: Hypocrisy at its best. Right after you list a buttload of excuses, you say "Excuses, excuses." What a joke

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 01:15 PM
What the hell is going on, did hell just freeze over?

Instead of having one word posts, Justin is actually putting in some thought into his posts....

You must be excited to have the season back lol.

Happy to have BB back:)

MJ-BULLS
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
I really think that the team that most benefits from a shortened season would be the Boston Celtics considering their age. followed by that, it would be the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat. Oh, and also the Dallas Mavericks.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 01:18 PM

Go Bulls!

Quit trolling. Heat were 1 qtr away from a 3-0 finals lead then the wheels came off. Mavs didnt smack ****...did you even watch it? And chemistry? How was the chemistry in games 2,3,4,and 5 of the ECF...or you didnt watch those either?

For all the **** talking, heat made it damn far last season...how many bulls fans thought they would lose 4 in a row to the heat?

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I really think that the team that most benefits from a shortened season would be the Boston Celtics considering their age. followed by that, it would be the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat. Oh, and also the Dallas Mavericks.

Boston might fare well at first, but there will be more games played in a shorter period of time which i would think increases the injury chances on an older boston team. They will need to find some young athletic guys to take up some minutes during the season.

ichitownclowni
11-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Quit trolling. Heat were 1 qtr away from a 3-0 finals lead then the wheels came off. Mavs didnt smack ****...did you even watch it? And chemistry? How was the chemistry in games 2,3,4,and 5 of the ECF...or you didnt watch those either?

For all the **** talking, heat made it damn far last season...how many bulls fans thought they would lose 4 in a row to the heat?

What are you talking about Heat Fans were the ones **** talking

MJ-BULLS
11-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Boston might fare well at first, but there will be more games played in a shorter period of time which i would think increases the injury chances on an older boston team. They will need to find some young athletic guys to take up some minutes during the season.

Good point. I kind of look at the Boston Celtics like the San Antonio Spurs, a lot of people writing them off because of age and not really of a good regular season. but because they have veterans on the team, and once the playoffs start you just never know how they will perform.

but yeah, age is always a factor.

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 01:27 PM
What are you talking about Heat Fans were the ones **** talking

After bulls took that 1-0 lead, i think you could imagine the things that were being said...

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Good point. I kind of look at the Boston Celtics like the San Antonio Spurs, a lot of people writing them off because of age and not really of a good regular season. but because they have veterans on the team, and once the playoffs start you just never know how they will perform.

but yeah, age is always a factor.

yea, celtics played us pretty tough in the semis. If rondo was healthy it could have gone 7. Losing perkins softened up that team tho.

MJ-BULLS
11-27-2011, 01:32 PM
yea, celtics played us pretty tough in the semis. If rondo was healthy it could have gone 7. Losing perkins softened up that team tho.

Yep, if Rajon Rondo was healthy during that series, it definitely could have gone 7 games. I know it's in the past already, but the Celtics should have never traded away Kendrick Perkins.

their defense will remain the same this coming season.

Kashmir13579
11-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Boston is out in my eyes, though I could end up being completely wrong.

The Lakers, for all the talk about Kobe aging, will still be there. Kobe said his knee feels the best it's been for a while, so that kinda spells doom for alot of the Western Conference. The Thunder will be there at the end as well along with Dallas, but I have to see what happens with Tyson.

Heat, Bulls, and Knicks are the obvious ones.....

Imagine if the Heat or the Knicks somehow got ahold of Chandler. :drool:

justinnum1
11-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Imagine if the Heat or the Knicks somehow got ahold of Chandler. :drool:

Chandler, gasol, nene...i would love any of those guys, but we are left to fight over sammy D(who i really wanted about 6 months ago) but not so much anymore...But knicks need to do something, currently there is no way they are a contender.

boots2asses
11-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Lakers

Baller1
11-29-2011, 04:12 AM
Can we go back to the lockout? You Chicago, Miami, and New York fans constantly *****ing and arguing with redundant excuses like children make this forum unbearable these days.

THE GIPPER
11-29-2011, 04:32 AM
Miami
OKC
Chicago
NYK

Then the rest is open, some other teams could join this group but imo LA, Boston, SA, and Dallas are done. They'll be good no doubt but i dont think they can keep up with these younger teams anymore.