PDA

View Full Version : Offense will emphasis post-up chances for Bynum, Gasol and Kobe Bryant

lakers4sho
11-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Mike Brown plans to keep most of the Lakers' defense the same, albeit with far greater intensity and consistency. But he is ditching Phil Jackson's triangle offense for a simplified attack with specific play calls and an emphasis on post-up chances for Bynum, Gasol and Kobe Bryant.

Bynum has spent his offseason his first healthy summer since 2007 working in the boxing ring, training in a manner right in line with the goals he shared back in May: "Strong legs, strong base, some quick moves." It's easy to forget Bynum blew past Gasol as the Lakers' primary inside force late last season before marring it with his violent blow on Dallas' J.J. Barea in the Lakers' last game, triggering that NBA suspension and more than $700,000 in lost wages.

If healthy, Bynum will be far more potent at a lighter weight and with a better understanding of double-teams, and he'll be on a mission to make his first All-Star team. It's also on Bynum, 24, to prove he is worth a sizable contract extension or the $16 million team option the Lakers hold on him for 2012-13 although Bynum (and Dwight Howard) will still be allowed to leverage an extend-and-trade move to another team, according to SheridanHoops.com's early look at the new players-owners agreement.

http://www.nbaarena.com/en/news/829/with-lockout-ending-lakers-must-be-locked-in

showtym24
11-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Haha forgot about drews five game suspension.

Zefflin
11-26-2011, 04:50 PM
The 5 games are waved off?

showtym24
11-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Dont think so. Not sure.

GREATNESS ONE
11-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Am I looking to much into it if I say, I thought Brown was in here to revamp the defense not to totally destroy the offense?

kblo247
11-26-2011, 06:33 PM
http://www.nbaarena.com/en/news/829/with-lockout-ending-lakers-must-be-locked-in

Does not matter if our only consistent outside threas are Kobe, LO, and Fish

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-26-2011, 06:46 PM
scary to think that bynum is only 24

lakers4sho
11-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Does not matter if our only consistent outside threas are Kobe, LO, and Fish

Hopefully Blake can have a resurgence and we can sign a better backup SG.

And isn't one of the rooks supposedly godly for outside?

Chacarron
11-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Hopefully Blake can have a resurgence and we can sign a better backup SG.

And isn't one of the rooks supposedly godly for outside?

Yea, Andrew Goudelock has mad range.

Hellcrooner
11-26-2011, 09:29 PM
good that theres that 5 game suspension.

thats 5 games for pau to prove WHO is still calling the shots inside.

Chacarron
11-26-2011, 09:30 PM

Kobe? You know he'll post up more when Bynum is out for suspension.

LA_Raiders
11-27-2011, 12:12 AM

lol, let it go man, we know Gasol is the man at the post...

C-Style
11-27-2011, 02:02 AM

He's already the Boss, he just needs to find his balls that he lost in that series vs Dallas.

LA_Raiders
11-27-2011, 03:05 AM
He's already the Boss, he just needs to find his balls that he lost in that series vs Dallas.

lol

Tymathee
11-27-2011, 03:47 AM
Am I looking to much into it if I say, I thought Brown was in here to revamp the defense not to totally destroy the offense?

you do know the offense mainly moved in and out with Phil right?

I think Gasol and Bynum will both have all star years with kobe collecting 6-7 apg with an offense that is designed to score inside. Can't wait to see a coach who actually uses the pick and roll

Hellcrooner
11-27-2011, 03:52 AM

he took them back in the summer, winning gold for spain.
aND peeing over Dirk on their personal matc up btw ( ah... lif with .no star calls is hard for some "stars" :D)

Hellcrooner
11-27-2011, 03:53 AM
lol, let it go man, we know Gasol is the man at the post...

WE, know but does stupid "freddo" Buss know?

Thats the problem.

Law25
11-27-2011, 07:03 AM
aND peeing over Dirk on their personal matc up btw ( ah... lif with .no star calls is hard for some "stars" :D)

Why is this the first im hearing of this. Is there an youtube channel with highlights i can go to. I would love to see Paus puttin a foot up Dirks ***** lol

Wilson
11-27-2011, 11:30 AM
I love Kobe's post game. I guess his offense will wait until later in quarters when Andrew or Pau make way for Lamar, this is good because it lets other people get into the game.

If this is going to work though we need the outside shooters to step up.

GREATNESS ONE
11-27-2011, 01:20 PM
^ Exactly, we definitely need shooters to spread the floor.

Avenged
11-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Luckily for us the Lakers have 3 good post up players, just not sure how much ball or paint will be available for them.

C-Style
11-27-2011, 03:36 PM

:clap:

soundjunkies2
11-27-2011, 04:59 PM
I love Kobe in the post, that's where he seems to be the most efficient.

ldawg
11-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Luckily for us the Lakers have 3 good post up players, just not sure how much ball or paint will be available for them.Odom and Artest do there best work in the paint too. What should happen is la should trade Bynum for Howard, Cut Artest with the clause, tell Walton go away, bench fisher deep. Don't know who but sign a point guard and a small foward that can run the floor(fast break) shoot the three and play solid D. thats my wish list. I would settle for just a Bynum and Howard swap and Luke Walton retire, Howard running the floor would make up for Artest and Fisher slow A$$es. And Walton is just plain useless. I am so glad they cut the mid level from 6 years that should be named the the walton.

Fireworld
11-27-2011, 10:48 PM
you do know the offense mainly moved in and out with Phil right?

I think Gasol and Bynum will both have all star years with kobe collecting 6-7 apg with an offense that is designed to score inside. Can't wait to see a coach who actually uses the pick and roll

Like.