PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who you got for rookie of the year

spreadeagle
11-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Pretty straight forward "edit" sorry forgot Kemba and Rubio..

CousinsEvansDUO
11-26-2011, 01:44 PM
I think it's safe to say that Jimmer will surprise all and make the other 8 teams look like fools for not picking him. Geoff Petrie these last couple of years has been on fire. All his draft picks have been steals and I have no doubt in my mind that Jimmer will go above and beyond expectations. I might even go as far as to say he will be a better version of Ray Allen.

ichitownclowni
11-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Irving

mttwlsn16
11-26-2011, 01:45 PM
kemba walker

Gators123
11-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Knight.

mdm692
11-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Markieff morris =D

ichitownclowni
11-26-2011, 01:49 PM
yea Kemba should be a option

AirJordanXVIII
11-26-2011, 01:49 PM
False. Nikola Vucevic.

theheatles
11-26-2011, 01:51 PM
kemba

spreadeagle
11-26-2011, 01:51 PM
yea Kemba should be a option

shoot forgot him ill see if i can add it

mp3
11-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Nikola > Kanter

TheRomanGod
11-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Brandon Knight

jkiddvc20
11-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Marshon Brooks <3

ManRam
11-26-2011, 01:56 PM
I think I'm gonna start being an obnoxious homer, instead of my normal anti-homer self.

Justin Harper

DoMeFavors
11-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Rubio

spreadeagle
11-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Rubio

ahhhhhh forgot him too im slackin

Lucky.
11-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Kemba!

spreadeagle
11-26-2011, 02:03 PM
What are ppl's thoughts on Thompson..thought that was a risky pick by Cavs

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I think it's safe to say that Jimmer will surprise all and make the other 8 teams look like fools for not picking him. Geoff Petrie these last couple of years has been on fire. All his draft picks have been steals and I have no doubt in my mind that Jimmer will go above and beyond expectations. I might even go as far as to say he will be a better version of Ray Allen.

so basically you mean he will be the greatest 3 point shooter ever:facepalm:

smith&wesson
11-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Personally i think its rubio but he wasnt an option so i picked irving.

Cano4prez
11-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Norris Cole..

GodsSon
11-26-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm thinking Kemba.

He's the most polished of the big name rookies, and he's going to a situation in Charlotte where he'll have the green light to do as he pleases.

My second choice will be D-Will. Rubio will need time to adjust to life in the NBA and the US IMO.

Jint.
11-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Iman Shumpert

non homer - Kemba

Slimsim
11-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Iman

StriveGreatness
11-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Brandon Knight because I'm a homer.

DR_1
11-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Kyrie

kmoneyjuice
11-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Teach me how to Jimmer

xxplayerxx23
11-26-2011, 02:50 PM
because Im a homer, Iman
Non Homer Irving

PhillyFaninLA
11-26-2011, 02:53 PM
False. Nikola Vucevic.

I would love this to be true. That would make this NBA season so much more fun.

ManRam
11-26-2011, 02:54 PM
So close to going on an Iman-Shumpert-sucks hate spree again....

CeeDub15
11-26-2011, 03:00 PM
I think Derrick Williams wins it, but i could see Irving getting it.

Stuckey#3
11-26-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm going with Rubio...

Not that he is better than Kyrie or Knight... but because it will make a good storyline for the NBA's venture to become the leading worldwide sports league.

Jint.
11-26-2011, 03:12 PM
forgot about Derrick Williams, thats the pick

KnicksR4Real
11-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Don't rule out Shumpert. He was the most impressive rookie at impact camp.

Cosmic_Canon
11-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Knight, but Rubio and Irving are going to show out.

mdm692
11-26-2011, 03:18 PM
so basically you mean he will be the greatest 3 point shooter ever:facepalm:

definitely has the potential to. If he puts the work that ray allen did i cant see why not.

thekmp211
11-26-2011, 03:30 PM
definitely has the potential to. If he puts the work that ray allen did i cant see why not.

:speechless:

that's assuming quite a lot of someone who hasn't played a single nba game.

kemba and knight have the best opportunities to produce based on their situations. i have a feeling it will be knight.

spreadeagle
11-26-2011, 03:31 PM
No love for Kanter? haha

AndyfromNeptune
11-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I have Jimmer as my rookie of the year.

But I think Iman Shumpert is going to make a huge impact this year for the Knicks

AndyfromNeptune
11-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Don't rule out Shumpert. He was the most impressive rookie at impact camp.

Definitely. Shumpert has that ability to make an impact immediately.

NBA_Starter
11-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Kemba

Gagan136
11-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Rubio or Knight.

topdog
11-26-2011, 03:35 PM
If Williams doesn't get rock-blocked by Beasley, I'd go with him. Otherwise, Irving has a really good situation to take home the trophy.

AndyfromNeptune
11-26-2011, 03:53 PM
This could be a great rookie draft class. Perhaps even one of the best all time in terms of European talent

A lot of great talent outside the lottery as well.

NBA_Starter
11-26-2011, 03:57 PM
No love for Kemba :(:(:(

KnicksorBust
11-26-2011, 04:13 PM
ROY = Opportunity + Talent

I could see guys like Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter, Brandon Knight getting blocked for minutes early on. My gut says one of the Cavs rookies. I'll go big and pick Tristan Thompson.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Partial homer says Rubio, but part of me also thinks in this weak *** draft class, and the fact that he will be given 30 mpg most likely, Rubio has a great chance of winning ROY. He will blow away every rookie PG in assists, and his shot has looked better from the videos I have seen this summer, and he will also get a high amount of steals. I think the Wolves will hover around .500, and Rubio, if he gets the stats, will win ROY.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-26-2011, 04:27 PM
The reason why Kemba is not going to be the ROY is because he is not better than Jimmer Fredette. Why do you think the Kings passed up on him and Brandon knight? Because they know what they're doing. They made a smart move last season by going down the draft to pick Jimmer. The reason he was not a top 3 pick was because he supposedly "does not play defense" but you have to take in account he did not have to play defense because his team did that for him. He was the only offense on his team and that is the only thing he could focus on.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2011, 04:35 PM
The reason why Kemba is not going to be the ROY is because he is not better than Jimmer Fredette. Why do you think the Kings passed up on him and Brandon knight? Because they know what they're doing. They made a smart move last season by going down the draft to pick Jimmer. The reason he was not a top 3 pick was because he supposedly "does not play defense" but you have to take in account he did not have to play defense because his team did that for him. He was the only offense on his team and that is the only thing he could focus on.

Just because the Kings passed on them to get Jimmer doesn't mean he is better. Teams pass on better players every year, all the time. That is why its called a draft.

I think Jimmer will be a good role player. But he will drive his coach absolutely nuts with his lack of defense his rookie year. I think his playing time will be very inconsistent. How can you possibly give him minutes if his shot isn't falling? He has shown minimal ability to do much but score. So expect an up and down year for him his rookie year.

Dude, are you seriously saying his team didn't ask him to play defense? Cmon. No coach I have ever come across would encourage that. Jimmer is a horrific defender, but he will get better. But it is going to limit his minutes. I can promise you that.

Heediot
11-26-2011, 04:38 PM
It's anybody's award. If the Bobcats didn't have Augustin, I would have put my money on Kemba.

Gators123
11-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Just because the Kings passed on them to get Jimmer doesn't mean he is better. Teams pass on better players every year, all the time. That is why its called a draft.

I think Jimmer will be a good role player. But he will drive his coach absolutely nuts with his lack of defense his rookie year. I think his playing time will be very inconsistent. How can you possibly give him minutes if his shot isn't falling? He has shown minimal ability to do much but score. So expect an up and down year for him his rookie year.

Dude, are you seriously saying his team didn't ask him to play defense? Cmon. No coach I have ever come across would encourage that. Jimmer is a horrific defender, but he will get better. But it is going to limit his minutes. I can promise you that.

He also said that Tyreke and Cousins will be better than Kobe and Shaq. The guys a troll.

Bravo95
11-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Derrick Wiliams was the best of those college players, so IMO he's the favorite heading into the season.

Birdmannn
11-26-2011, 04:41 PM
He also said that Tyreke and Cousins will be better than Kobe and Shaq. The guys a troll.

Or just an unintelliegent kid that loves his team A LOT!

Heediot
11-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Derrick Wiliams was the best of those college players, so IMO he's the favorite heading into the season.

He's in a similar situation with Kemba. There's a log-jam at the forward position in Minny.

KingPosey
11-26-2011, 04:46 PM

He will be a better version of a hall of famer, and possibly the best shooter of all time? Im a King's fan, but come on now....:eyebrow:

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Irving

Corey
11-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Nikola Vucevic.

Yes, I'm serious.

KingPosey
11-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Partial homer says Rubio, but part of me also thinks in this weak *** draft class, and the fact that he will be given 30 mpg most likely, Rubio has a great chance of winning ROY. He will blow away every rookie PG in assists, and his shot has looked better from the videos I have seen this summer, and he will also get a high amount of steals. I think the Wolves will hover around .500, and Rubio, if he gets the stats, will win ROY.

I just am not high on Rubio. With everything I have seen of him, I do not get it at all.

lakers4sho
11-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Riiiiiiickkkyyyy

topdog
11-26-2011, 04:52 PM

Rubio does have a bit more of an open path than Williams seeing as I don't think Ridnour will be as much of a threat for minutes; but things like turnovers and a low shooting percentage combined with a variety of other rookie PGs getting an open opportunity, cause me to be a bit wary about Rubio's chances.

CousinsEvansDUO
11-26-2011, 04:55 PM

Sigh you people say I fail to use my brain and that I'm unintelligent when you don't even use it yourself. Shaq was still in his prime when he was with Kobe and Kobe had just entered his prime. Obviously they dominated it wouldn't of made sense for them to not dominate. Tyreke and Cousins are only preparing to enter their primes. I need not say no more. This season you will see with your own eyes when they carry this team to the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2011, 04:57 PM
I just am not high on Rubio. With everything I have seen of him, I do not get it at all.

Keep watching him. The international game is slow, packed in, and totally different. Adelman will run the floor with the best rebounder/outlet/trailer in the game, and Rubio will get to hit the open floor for the first time in his career.

This draft class is weak. Rubio has played against far better competition with more success than any incoming rookie. I don't think he would stand a chance in next year's class for instance, but this year, I think Rubio may very well be the best rookie in the NBA.

Corey
11-26-2011, 04:58 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/excited_golden_girls.gif

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Keep watching him. The international game is slow, packed in, and totally different. Adelman will run the floor with the best rebounder/outlet/trailer in the game, and Rubio will get to hit the open floor for the first time in his career.

This draft class is weak. Rubio has played against far better competition with more success than any incoming rookie. I don't think he would stand a chance in next year's class for instance, but this year, I think Rubio may very well be the best rookie in the NBA.

The international game is slow...lol What are you talking about a lot of the teams are uptempo. and move the ball really well.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Rubio does have a bit more of an open path than Williams seeing as I don't think Ridnour will be as much of a threat for minutes; but things like turnovers and a low shooting percentage combined with a variety of other rookie PGs getting an open opportunity, cause me to be a bit wary about Rubio's chances.

Rubio will get so many assists and steals, and with the Wolves possibly doubling their win total, even in a shortened season, he will get some credit.

And again, I must use the disclaimer that I think this draft class is weak as hell.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2011, 05:05 PM
The international game is slow...lol What are you talking about a lot of the teams are uptempo. and move the ball really well.

Rubio's team was very slow. They were a very low pace team, and he is going to a high pace team, which is exactly what his talents need. Again, I am not saying future all star here. I don't see an all star in the draft this season. Obviously a guy or two will become better than I think they will. But outside Irving and Williams, I didn't see a single player than would be a very good starter, potentially. Which is why I insist Rubio has as good of a chance as anyone, THIS YEAR. He has played against way better competition, and has a skillset to rack up a ton of assists and steals, and his team is poised for a jump in wins. Its a perfect equation for the award. Stats/team wins increase.

lakers4sho
11-26-2011, 05:05 PM

How do you think he will fit into Rick A's system?

nyKnicks126
11-26-2011, 05:07 PM
I think Rubio will be good as well.

29$JerZ
11-26-2011, 05:09 PM

Irving
Kemba
Derrick Williams
Rubio

In order is how I see it going as of now

Kemba and Irving pretty much have the best chance to win it since for lack of a better word they are the their teams best player atm.

Rubio I don't see as much of a scoring presence to get votes, offense normally gets this award won with. I see his assist numbers looking nice but thats about it.

I can't wait to see him play though. Very weak draft but maybe Rubio can pull a Griffin :p

Cubs Win
11-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Rubio will get so many assists and steals, and with the Wolves possibly doubling their win total, even in a shortened season, he will get some credit.

And again, I must use the disclaimer that I think this draft class is weak as hell.

One thing that I think helps Rubio is his highlight play ability. Getting hype on shows like sportscenter helps any RoY campaign. And like you said before, being able to run in the open court should help Rubio's stats, but also set up some highlights that stick in the mind of voters. It's tough for me to say he's my pick having not seen him for a full game, but from what I have seen, I have to give him a slight edge.

Melo15
11-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Based off talent/opportunity my money's on Irving.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2011, 05:13 PM
How do you think he will fit into Rick A's system?

I am assuming Adelman will steer back to his offense from Sacramento versus Houston. In Houston he ran almost a Princeton style offense, which won't suit Rubio's strengths. But, Adelman has also shown he will run if he has the proper guys. Kevin Love is the best available tool to have to start the fast break in the NBA, and he trails well and can hit bombs on the trail. In the halfcourt, I would expect Rubio to be given freedom to penetrate more, but the offense will run through Love on the high post, just like Webber, Scola, and all his other good passing PF's.

Rubio will struggle to score the ball. But so did White Chocolate, and Rubio is far better passer and defender than he ever was.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2011, 05:15 PM
So if Rubio goes for the following:

7 ppg
9 apg
2.3 spg

Wolves go 35-31.

Hypothetically, this might get it done in this class.

On a side note, Irving is probably the safe pick. His team is in desperate need of EVERYTHING. He will probably get 15-18 ppg, and around 4-5 apg. That would be a tough line to beat.

Hawkeye15
11-26-2011, 05:16 PM
One thing that I think helps Rubio is his highlight play ability. Getting hype on shows like sportscenter helps any RoY campaign. And like you said before, being able to run in the open court should help Rubio's stats, but also set up some highlights that stick in the mind of voters. It's tough for me to say he's my pick having not seen him for a full game, but from what I have seen, I have to give him a slight edge.

great point. He will be all over ESPN, we all know this.

Cubs Win
11-26-2011, 05:25 PM
So if Rubio goes for the following:

7 ppg
9 apg
2.3 spg

Wolves go 35-31.

Hypothetically, this might get it done in this class.

On a side note, Irving is probably the safe pick. His team is in desperate need of EVERYTHING. He will probably get 15-18 ppg, and around 4-5 apg. That would be a tough line to beat.

I think he might need slightly more than that in terms of points if some of the other rookies produce how I think they will. I think 9 ppg could get it done though with this rookie class if he averaged the 9 apg and 2.3 spg you predicted. 9/9/2.3 would look really nice if the Wolves can go over .500 like you said.

I'm sort of with you on Irving as well. I'd probably predict him at 15/5.5-6 but then again since his team will lean on him more he could put up a less efficient 18/4-5.

Rubio
Irving
Knight

That would be my early top 3, in that order.

Heediot
11-26-2011, 06:45 PM
After pondering further I think Jan Vesley is going to take it.

avsman05
11-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Im going with Williams kids going to be a star. But if its not him watch out for kenneth farried he's my sleeper pick.

Chacarron
11-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Kemba Walker is my pick, though I like Ricky Rubio a lot.

Dolfan305
11-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Lebron James, he will also win mvp, most improved player of the year, defensive player of the year, 6th man of the year and finals mvp.

itsripcity32
11-26-2011, 07:28 PM
I think Derrick Williams wins it, but i could see Irving getting it.

Derrick Williams is going to be a tweener

DerekRE_3
11-26-2011, 07:34 PM
I think I'm gonna start being an obnoxious homer, instead of my normal anti-homer self.

Justin Harper

Psh that's the best you can do?

Jimmer, Tyler Honeycutt and Isaiah Thomas will be co-rookies of the year.

Da Knicks
11-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Shumpert!

He115ing
11-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Kemba Walker

topdog
11-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Derrick Williams is going to be a tweener

SF is kind of a tweener position. As long as you have reasonable lateral quickness for defense; you can be a tall shooter, a slim athletic dunker, a power post player, ect. If he can play defense, he'll be fine.

onlythisfar41
11-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Rubio is going to be awful. I don't get what the infatuation everyone has with him is.

Look at his numbers in a league that is not even comparable to the NBA. They're abysmal.

His game, or lack thereof, will not translate to success i promise.

Chacarron
11-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Rubio is going to be awful. I don't get what the infatuation everyone has with him is.

Look at his numbers in a league that is not even comparable to the NBA. They're abysmal.

His game, or lack thereof, will not translate to success i promise.

It is a completely different game over in Europe. Players do not play anywhere near the full 40 minutes and teams are featured over individuals.

phlp_bj
11-26-2011, 08:22 PM
kemba walker or rubio. walker will be allowed to do whatever he wants on this bobcat team. traded away s. jacks and they are not going to be winning many games. he should put up interesting numbers if he gets the minutes.

rubio will also get the chance to shine in minnesota. he should thrive under adelman and a fast pace offense with guys like love, derrick williams, beasley, wes, etc... to pass the ball to

Katspinal1313
11-26-2011, 08:34 PM
No one's even mentioning the guy who's going to win it! K. Faried, aka Manimal.... Kmart is playing in China, kid's going to be a huge part of the Nugs, and Miller is back to throw him the alley-ops all day.

Crackadalic
11-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Irving

Homer pick: That guy guarding D-wade in my sig.:D

JLynn943
11-26-2011, 08:46 PM
I went with Jimmer because I felt like being a homer, but probably Kemba.

AndyfromNeptune
11-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Irving

Homer pick: That guy guarding D-wade in my sig.:D

Not really sure why D Wade is dribbling the ball in your sig. im pretty sure if shumpert is guarding wade, the ball would have been stolen by now !

Shumpert for Rookie of the Year !

My sleeper pick is kenneth faried.

My accurate/probably pick is jimmer. he just has so much opportunity.

SportsAndrew25
11-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Kemba.

JWO35
11-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Derrick Williams

SFGiants4life
11-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Homer pick; Jimmer, if he plays consistently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqX_b_Bu4hI&feature=watch_response_rev

lavilevi23
11-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Norris ****ing Cole!

The_Jamal
11-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Im homer picking the **** out of Jimmer.

daleja424
11-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Norris ****ing Cole!

LMAO!!!

not even a slight chance.

will be lucky to even play a couple minutes each game.

UPRock
11-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Kemba Walker, that guy's a beast.

NBA-GMaster
11-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Going for K.Walker but if the Wolves manage to trade Beasley, D.Williams will be my bet..

John Walls Era
11-27-2011, 03:55 AM
I'm calling (am I the first?) it: Ricky Rubio. I was never a fan, but I'm objective (per usual). The kid has great passing skills and court vision. I think his defense might be overrated and his jumper is suspect, but having a HC like Rick Adelman will be a huge plus for him.

Sactown
11-27-2011, 05:27 AM
I think it's going to be between Irving and Kemba just because both players are going to get the green light

Players who I don't think have a chance at it are
Jimmer, he's a backup right now and P-west never gives anyone consistent minutes especially with his D being questionable

Iman because he isn't going to get the opportunities that Kemba and Irving get, even if he is as good as some are hyping him up to be

D-Will will be playing a position the wolves are loaded on and he's a tweener who will have to adjust

Rubio will probably need time to adjust, plus I don't know how many minutes he'll get right off the bat and with a new coaching system who knows what freedoms he'll have

That's my reasoning, I don't think ROY, will be about being the best player this year, more about who gets the ball the most, and Kemba seems to fit that mold best

CityofTreez
11-27-2011, 05:36 AM
Minnesota Timberwolves 1st round pick........Derrick Williams.

RevisIsland
11-27-2011, 05:39 AM
Derrick Williams, all of the vets who have been playing with him during the lockout say he's special.

AI4MVP
11-27-2011, 05:58 AM
Ricky Rubio will win the Rookie of the Year award.